Type keyword(s) to search

Stews and News: Below Deck Med in the Media

• Start Topic

It's June 2021 and I read that malea in Sandy Yawn are back....😱🤬🤑.  I cannot stomach them and I will not watch them. I can't believe Bravo brought them back!

• Love 4
(edited)

Bravo tries to hide Sandy & Malia in this tweet. "New crew" my ass. They're getting slammed in the comments, both on Twitter and Insta. 

If only half the people who say they won't watch follow through, it will be felt. I will be one of them.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 5

Oh my! there's a lot of hate in those replies but I'm right there with them.   Hannah's last episode was my last episode and I was NOT a Hannah fan at ALL, but I despise Sandy & Malia with the heat of a thousand suns so, Nope, won't be watching.

• Love 9

I will most likely give it a shot even though I can’t stand those two but not on Peacock because the FFwd function is crap and I need that in a season with Sandy and Malia! 

• Love 3

I don't plan to watch. After Captains Lee and Glenn, the idea of watching Sandy and her overly concerned voice (when she likes you, she reminds me of a big phony that I know) and her poor management style (hovering over the guests at meal service, her obsession with tablescapes, the way she gave Malia and Tom their own bunks over the objections of the chief stew and 2nd stew, the favoritism she shows any crew member that fawns over her and kisses her ass, etc., etc., etc.) make this show a painful watch. 
Malia is a snake and not nearly as cute as she thinks she is. Fuck her and fuck her forever.

Watching Malia backstab her former roommate to put the final nail in the coffin of Hannah's Bravo career, to watching that bitch Sandy follow her off the boat antagonizing Hannah and trying to provoke a scene to justify her own piss poor management of Hannah's dismissal, nope, not gonna reward that kind of bullshit. 

It pains me as this is one of the final Bravo franchises that I enjoy, but I won't enjoy it and if somehow I did enjoy it, I wouldn't respect myself after watching and enjoying it. 

Andy and Bravo have a history of making big mistakes with the Below Deck series (allowing the men of season 8 to skate away from their behavior, which perfectly exemplified the "Me Too" movement) but Captain Lee had the integrity to bring in seasoned Eddie, correct the next season, and do what Bravo couldn't or wouldn't. But to bring back the Witches of the Med? Who's going to stop the nasty leadership, Boo? Hell no, I'm out!! 

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, aghst said:

Can you FF past commercials on Peacock?

No but the amount of commercials you get depends on the tier you are on. I am on the middle tier that comes free with my cable and there aren’t many. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Jsage said:

But really it means the loyal fans of this show now have to pay for a whole other streaming channel or risk being spoiled every single week.

In principle I agree, but for this particular franchise I personally have no fear of being "spoiled" as it's just the usual hijinks. Nobody goes home (usually). In fact I usually "spoil" myself before I watch (on the app) so I can make sure to notice any juicy stuff.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Jsage said:

I'm so disappointed in Bravo for making this deal with Peacock. They want it to seem like it's this great thing they're doing. But really it means the loyal fans of this show now have to pay for a whole other streaming channel or risk being spoiled every single week

A deal? Not only are they owned by the same corporate entity but due to reorganizing it’s literally one person in charge/overseeing a team  for all of reality for NBC/Peacock/Bravo/E/USA/etc. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
(edited)

So are we going to post here based on the Peacock airing or the Bravo airing?

Would be nice if they put any WWHL episodes about this BDM season on demand so you can find it.

Sometimes the DVR will record it, sometimes it won't.  If it doesn't, you can't watch it next day, they seem to show WWHL a couple of times and that's it.

Edited by aghst

I watched it last night, nothing very interesting. The previews make it look like Sandy is going to come down hard on Malia this season.  I believe this is to counter previous seasons where Sandy was perpetually kissing Malia's ass. Just more Bravo driven  crap. 

• Love 3

Bravo has been running last season of BDM all day, and watching how Sandy treated Hannah, and Malia's snotty behavior with her chef boyfriend (forgot his name) makes me even more determined to skip this season. 

Based on what I'm seeing on Twitter, I'm not alone.

• Love 4

I watch these shows through amazon prime and it usually runs around 19 dollars for a season.  This season I was able to get it for 12.99! Is this a short season or something? 

• Love 1
On 6/1/2021 at 5:47 PM, sharkerbaby said:

Oh my! there's a lot of hate in those replies but I'm right there with them.   Hannah's last episode was my last episode and I was NOT a Hannah fan at ALL, but I despise Sandy & Malia with the heat of a thousand suns so, Nope, won't be watching.

Same here.

On 6/28/2021 at 5:30 PM, AnnieBananie said:

Bravo has been running last season of BDM all day, and watching how Sandy treated Hannah, and Malia's snotty behavior with her chef boyfriend (forgot his name) makes me even more determined to skip this season. 

Based on what I'm seeing on Twitter, I'm not alone.

You are among friends!

• Love 2
On 6/1/2021 at 4:54 PM, snarts said:

Bravo tries to hide Sandy & Malia in this tweet. "New crew" my ass. They're getting slammed in the comments, both on Twitter and Insta. 

If only half the people who say they won't watch follow through, it will be felt. I will be one of them.

Sandy and malea suck. I have a feeling Sandy is attracted to malea.

On 6/9/2021 at 6:59 PM, biakbiak said:

I will most likely give it a shot even though I can’t stand those two but not on Peacock because the FFwd function is crap and I need that in a season with Sandy and Malia! 

Lol you sure do!

Anyone know how this season is doing ratings wise?   

Using a totally unscientific assessment by scanning this forum, episode threads have just over half the number of replies as in previous seasons.  If that's indicative of the viewership, I can't help but look on with glee at Bravo having their noses rubbed in the pile of poo brought on by their decision to thumb those same noses at their audience by brining Sandy and Malia back.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Anyone know how this season is doing ratings wise?   

They are down but not as bad as most Bravo shows and in general television viewing is down 20-30% for a lot of shows.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I didn't plan on watching but ran out of stuff to watch. It was a slow start, but it's getting entertaining.

Malia has redeemed herself a bit but Sandy is still "ugh" for me.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4

Doesn't it only take 2-3 weeks to film a whole season?

And you figure maybe a week before and after to get acclimated to time zone change so maybe 5 weeks total.

She could probably do this tour.

Maybe ratings are declining after the pandemic bump, which could lead to a shakeup in the cast.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 9/27/2021 at 2:39 PM, Dirtybubble said:

Does this mean Captain Sandy won't be back for a new season

On 9/27/2021 at 3:23 PM, aghst said:

Doesn't it only take 2-3 weeks to film a whole season?

And you figure maybe a week before and after to get acclimated to time zone change so maybe 5 weeks total.

She could probably do this tour.

Maybe ratings are declining after the pandemic bump, which could lead to a shakeup in the cast.

The tour starts January 2022. They film BDM in the fall. So the next season has either just finished filming or is wrapping now. They film for 4 or 5 weeks.

• Useful 3
On 10/13/2021 at 3:57 PM, Dirtybubble said:

As if I needed another reason to ❤️ David

David explains his comments made about Lexi and depression

I’m truly glad he came out all of that okay, but this anti-medication message is so dangerous. Obviously the one prescription he tried didn’t work for him, but it’s normal to have to try several to find one that works. Some people never find one, and that is sad and frustrating. 

The right medications can help, though, because mental illnesses are usually related to brain chemistry. He’s right that we shouldn’t stigmatize mental illness, but we also shouldn’t stigmatize a treatment that does save thousands of people. It’s like advocating treating diabetes just with diet and telling people they don’t need insulin if they’re doing it right. Not always true and occasionally deadly. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
58 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How much worse could Lexi have been and how did they let her stay beyond that incident?

Hopefully this will come out at the reunion.  Has anyone heard if Lexi will be there?  I had heard thru the rumor mill she wanted more money or something like that before she'll film *shrug*

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Is there a reunion? Shouldn't it be tonight. My cable co. is not showing a reunion tonight. 

My DVR is showing a 2-hour taping of the Below Deck episode tonight, and then a 1-hour taping of the reairing of WWHL later with the description of Andy catching up with the Below Deck crew.  So it appears they're tacking the reunion onto the initial airing, and not labeling it as "Below Deck: Reunion" for ease of people finding it.

• Useful 3
On 10/17/2021 at 8:30 AM, Dirtybubble said:

I had heard thru the rumor mill she wanted more money or something like that before she'll film *shrug*

Why's she need more money? She's rich. She has more money in her bank account than anyone on that crew. 

• LOL 6
On 12/15/2021 at 7:01 AM, Mindthinkr said:

As we rarely, if ever, see Captains drinking on this show, I never would have guessed that alcohol was a contributing cause to his death. 

He seemed like such a kind, gentle person. Maybe he did his drinking at home. He would be fired if he drank while on duty as the captain of a luxury yacht.

Thanks lcarolynl for posting that article. I've been wondering what his COD was. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, moonchild81 said:

aesha's going to be the new chief shew for the australian version of the show

Yeah I posted on the BD Sailing Yacht media thread, because it's going to start streaming on Peacock on March 17, while season 3 of BD SY is airing.

• Useful 3