Type keyword(s) to search

Stews and News: Below Deck Med in the Media

• Start Topic

On 7/29/2019 at 8:25 PM, Lamima said:

On the preview, what's the stuff with Hannah and Jaio (SP?)? Looks intimate. Hmmm????

Last season I always got the sense that maybe Joao was attracted to Hannah and that was why he was such a jerk to her, because he she didn't reciprocate or he didn't know how to approach it or whatever. And then he just defaulted to flirting wtih Brooke and, uh, the other stew, until he settled on whomever was the most willing and eager.  So it doesn't totally surprise me that maybe he's going to try and make his move this season, especially since he's trying to redeem himself AND they are peers on the hierarchy now.

(edited)
On 7/31/2019 at 12:07 PM, Nancybeth said:

Last season I always got the sense that maybe Joao was attracted to Hannah and that was why he was such a jerk to her, because he she didn't reciprocate or he didn't know how to approach it or whatever. And then he just defaulted to flirting wtih Brooke and, uh, the other stew, until he settled on whomever was the most willing and eager.  So it doesn't totally surprise me that maybe he's going to try and make his move this season, especially since he's trying to redeem himself AND they are peers on the hierarchy now.

They actually aren't peers. They're peers on the fake tv hierarchy. The first mate is the actual department head. The first mate has the bosun, all of the deck crew, and the engineers in their department. The chef is a department of one except on a super luxury yacht. The chief steward has all of the interior crew, which usually just includes the other stews, except on a super luxury yacht where it can include yoga instructors, personal trainers, make up artists, hair stylists, nail technicians, masseuses, pursers, and nannies.

Aesha came from Phoenix 2, which takes a crew of 28.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

FYI on Sunday Bravo will be doing a “Best” Chefs moments marathon with episodes from both BD and BD Med, best in quotes because they clearly aren’t they lit best moments but most dramatic. 

28 minutes ago, scrb said:

Beautiful but very overpriced, especially the marina area.  Lot of big yachts there.

A mile or two away in Santa Margherita Ligure, better prices.

Perhaps they are working, who knows Jack deleted his IG.

On 8/3/2019 at 4:07 PM, biakbiak said:

Anastasia is hanging out with Shep from Southern  Charm in the Hamptons so she has shitty taste in people!

That is disappointing to hear. I don't get Shep. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Background about being a charter guest

That’s interesting that the price they quoted includes a 15k tip... so can these guests opt to leave some of the amount out or is this indicating producer shenanigans and each group leaves 15k even if they act like it’s less? Hmmm....

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Oh god, this rumored spin off is going to be Capt Joao, isn’t it?  I don’t know if I can take that.

I don’t think so because the spin-off is a sailing yacht not a motor yacht and he doesn’t have that experience which is a lot different.

• Love 1

I am disgusted with captain Sandy. Last season she was hard on Hannah for doing the same thing that Joao was doing with Brooke.  This season the same thing with that couple. Cap sandy picked on Hzmnah for about not being passionate enough. She is like so many nuns I had in school who always favored the boys. Jack was so lazy for most of the season, but Hannah gets dressed down.

Why wasn't the kitchen stove fixed so that it worked properly. Anastasia was blamed for things that really weren't her fault.  Ben had the same problems with the stove. Fix the dam stove. 

Why didn't Hannah hook up with Joao this season?  It looked like they were going to connect. It looked like they were going to connect.

Edited by antfitz
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I hope it’s Colin doing his tugboat thing. 

Eddie is the tugboat captain. Colin is the Fire Island ferry captain.

13 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Oh god, this rumored spin off is going to be Capt Joao, isn’t it?  I don’t know if I can take that.

12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t think so because the spin-off is a sailing yacht not a motor yacht and he doesn’t have that experience which is a lot different.

Travis is the only one with real sailing experience. Brooke was a stew on Eos, but Eos is a hybrid sailing yacht.

6 hours ago, antfitz said:

Why didn't Hannah hook up with Joao this season?  It looked like they were going to connect. It looked like they were going to connect.

Even though they're getting along now, Joao is still a gross asshole. Aesha said on WWHL that Joao actually made tons of disparaging comments about her every day. I don't think Hannah has forgotten any of that.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Colin is the Fire Island ferry captain.

Oh, my mistake. Thanks for the correction. 

I’d especially like to watch him as the Fire Island ferry captain. He probably makes witty comments about the travelers and New York-isms. 

• Love 2

I don’t find Colin very witty. A Fire Island Bravo show would be fabulous but it shouldn’t star a straight ferry boat captain.

I loved Aesha on WWHL not knowing anything about other Bravo shows.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t find Colin very witty. A Fire Island Bravo show would be fabulous but it shouldn’t star a straight ferry boat captain.

I'm surprised there isn't a Fire Island Bravo show already.  Colin could have a cameo every week dropping people off and picking them up!

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Special K said:

I'm surprised there isn't a Fire Island Bravo show already.  Colin could have a cameo every week dropping people off and picking them up!

There actually was one on Logo a few years ago produced by Andy’s bffs Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos but it didn’t last.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Eddie is the tugboat captain. Colin is the Fire Island ferry captain.

Travis is the only one with real sailing experience. Brooke was a stew on Eos, but Eos is a hybrid sailing yacht.

Even though they're getting along now, Joao is still a gross asshole. Aesha said on WWHL that Joao actually made tons of disparaging comments about her every day. I don't think Hannah has forgotten any of that.

Yes I was surprised Aesha said that. They didn't show that on the show. They should have, so we would have known exactly what Joao was about.  They cleaned him up this year for the show, by only showing positive things.  He sounds like a real d***. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, antfitz said:

They didn't show that on the show.

in the last episode they did show her being very upset about Joau's dissing of her criticism of Sandy. I think Sandy acted like a princess by walking out after that-- she should have just laughed it off, regardless of how she felt. And then Joau basically sucked up to Sandy by saying how inappropriate what Aesha said was. I don't think what Aesha said was so bad (though I probably wouldn't have done it). It could/should have been taken in a joshing tone.

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I really liked Aesha and Anastasia.  And they were nice  and really had Hannah's back.  They both had really good positive attitudes and were funny. Captain Sandy sucks. It's funny, I was reading comments in here yesterday, and people substituted yawn for captain Sandy.  I thought it was a comment about her personality, only to find out it's her last name. Lol  She really is a yawn and a snooze fest and a sh**t disturber.  She's a gossip monger.

1 minute ago, dleighg said:

in the last episode they did show her being very upset about Joau's dissing of her criticism of Sandy. I think Sandy acted like a princess by walking out after that-- she should have just laughed it off, regardless of how she felt. And then Joau basically sucked up to Sandy by saying how inappropriate what Aesha said was. I don't think what Aesha said was so bad (though I probably wouldn't have done it). It could/should have been taken in a joshing tone.

What did Aesha say? I missed it.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, antfitz said:

What did Aesha say? I missed it.

In her "worst thing that happened" comment she said "the interior crew not getting the thanks that they deserved" or something along those lines (pointed directly at Sandy)

On 9/10/2019 at 5:34 AM, HunterHunted said:

Background about being a charter guest

That’s the price Heather McDonald mentioned on her podcast.  Is that really “outrageous?”  A good vacation is at least that.  And that price includes quite a bit. 

23 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

That’s the price Heather McDonald mentioned on her podcast.  Is that really “outrageous?”  A good vacation is at least that.

what *is* the price? It's not in that screen shot.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

But then they hugged and kissed as she exited.

And probably after Aesha left, if she saw any of the other crew again, she was badmouthing Sandy behind her back.

Aesha was a little gleeful about how much in tips she made in the season, said something about how she could better afford to visit London now.

But she probably burned her bridges as far as BDM.  Maybe she could get on BD?  Do they cross over the crew?

Maybe Bravo likes her antics, being crude and willing to have herself filmed in various states of undress.

7 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

A little over $5,000 per person, including hotel the night before, 3 nights on the ship and the night after, and including tip!  If you include airfare it's about $6,500.

That's not as much as one would have thought but it's kind of high for 4 nights.

That $5000 for the cruise could cover a week or two around the Mediterranean coast, see more.

But if you want to be on a yacht and TV show, I guess no other option.

OTOH, you're paying to be on a show which makes a lot more money so is it that they're subsidizing these charters, that is paying the yacht owner enough to make it relatively affordable for more people?

But I doubt Bravo is taking any and all comers who pony up $5000.  I'm sure they screen whom they want and who's willing to go along with producer demands like making crew members put on skimpy outfits for some theme party or something.

• Love 3