Type keyword(s) to search

Stews and News: Below Deck Med in the Media

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

More spoilers abound:

Reveal spoiler

When Hannah is fired Aesha comes and takes the second stew position after Bugsy is made Chief stew and Kiko leaves at some point and is replaced by Malia’s boyfriend Tom.

I'm glad I don't have to watch this garbage this season.  Besides 90 Day Fiancee: The Other Way is more interesting.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think one reason employers check social media is because of worries about litigation by a protected class. If Bubba works for ACME Corporation and is posting racist, homophobic or sexist content as a private citizen on social media, they worry about another employee seeing it and filing a complaint. Tied to a Bubba with questionable workplace behavior, it can rise to being actionable. And some of that stuff is hate speech and specifically illegal. And they don't want that mind-set in their workplace.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I can't help but wonder if Sandy set all this up to get Hannah out.  It's pretty convenient that Bugsy, Aesha, and Malia's boyfriend are in the wings ready to go.

The casting people set it all up.

Hanna may have agreed only to do part of the season.

These replacements are coming quick.  That means they're in Greece already or at least no more than a 2-hour flight away.

They wouldn't show up after a longer flight that crosses several time zones ready to start filming.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, scrb said:

That means they're in Greece already or at least no more than a 2-hour flight away.

They show is in Spain this season. Every season has other cast members ready 

Spoiler

Both Aesha and Tom were working in the Med prior to filming.

Right, was thinking of BD Sailing Yacht.

Obviously the last episode was at the Palma de Majorca Cathedral.

Speaking of which I hope they go around other places on the island, though maybe the other ports aren't set up for super yacht berths like Palma.

But Port de Soller and Cap the Formetor are very striking, though I'm not sure they have luxury resorts and restaurants nearby.

There are also suppose to be a lot of fancy beach clubs on the SE and SW corners of the island.

They could probably sail overnight to Valencia or Barcelona.  Or closer by is Ibiza, party central.

But guessing their filming license was very limited, maybe only around Palma.  So like last season in the south of France, they're mainly going from port to port, not veering too far away from a big port.

It's kind of a floating hotel or private villa with the crew at their beck and call.

• Love 2

Most shocking thing in that article was about the typical decor of the yacht:

Thus, during a week of harried preproduction, down came the yacht owner’s paintings of Bill Clinton and Che Guevara;

(edited)

well one funny thing is that the REAL master suite was commandeered into the production room:

The (computer) screens rested on a plywood platform erected weeks earlier over the magnificent bed in (what The Wellington’s paying guests were not aware was) the vessel’s true master suite.

I'd love to see the deck plan. Like the guests saying "what's this door that we can't open? Is it like the owner's closet in a vacation rental?"

Edited by dleighg
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, dleighg said:

love to see the deck plan. Like the guests saying "what's this door that we can't open? Is it like the owner's closet in a vacation rental?"

You can view the deck plan at the bottom of its listing under its true name The Wellesley.

More photos of the master vs VIP suite  Here about it being on the show.

i doubt it takes any explaining given that the guests know they are on tv show that needs space for production.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
On 6/29/2020 at 2:33 PM, dleighg said:

a rather lengthy article about "behind the scenes" for Below Deck. Not sure there's anything very surprising here, but perhaps of interest to true fans

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/style/below-deck-bravo.html

Main thing I got out of the article is that they do psychiatric reviews as part of casting.

They make it sound like they're finding nuggets panning for gold among hundreds of hours of footage.  They would never admit that they manipulate situations or simply change what happens simply by being observers, all around.

Because what kind of people are they casting?  They could cast the most photogenic people (they made a point about how attractive yacht industry people are) but if they're low-key or very introverted, they won't have too much footage to use.

• Love 4
On 6/30/2020 at 5:39 PM, scrb said:

Main thing I got out of the article is that they do psychiatric reviews as part of casting.

They make it sound like they're finding nuggets panning for gold among hundreds of hours of footage.  They would never admit that they manipulate situations or simply change what happens simply by being observers, all around.

Because what kind of people are they casting?  They could cast the most photogenic people (they made a point about how attractive yacht industry people are) but if they're low-key or very introverted, they won't have too much footage to use.

So they make sure they're casting at least a couple of BSC people. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 6/30/2020 at 8:39 PM, scrb said:

A friend of a friend was a psychologist who worked for an unnamed reality show. That psychologist quit when he/she realized that they were casting the ones with psychological problems. They wanted the narcissistic personality disorders, not the well adjusted people. This was several years ago...

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

So Kiko & Alex were on WWHL last night.

Spoiler

Andy asked if Kiko had ever been fired on a yacht.  At first he said no, then said yes. Andy pressed for details and he said he left because he was arguing too much with the captain.  Obviously, he didn't mention Sandy by name but I do wonder how this is going to play out with Kiko being such a fan (& cast) favorite.

Also, I thought Bravo was limiting her interviews?  Captain Sandy running her mouth again,  In this case spewing her nonsensical reality.  https://www.boatinternational.com/yachts/editorial-features/captain-sandy-below-deck--43867

“When you’re from the charter world, you’re used to having the best charter crew on the planet,” she said. “And then you step on board Below Deck and the chief stew has no experience.”

Did she forget that Hannah predates her on the show?  It's like Sandy fancies herself the star and wants to write the script.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 8

What Sandy should have said was:  A chief stew who gives a damn about her job.

And doesn't repeatedly mutter under her breath about how much she hates her job, complains about paying guests and how late they choose to stay up and complains about yacht guests bringing back friends even though the preference sheet said they would be bringing friends on board.

Who doesn't pit employees by suddenly being overly nice to one when the other ticks her off.  Or is unprofessional by referring to co workers as "honey, sweetie or darling".

• Love 2

No matter what Hannah's faults are, and they are many, I don't recall her taking the low road first on social media toward Sandy's jibes.  The above posted Tweet is just a statement of fact in response to that low blow.  It is not a good look on Sandy, and belies all her platitudes about how she's such a great leader blah blah blah.  

• Love 15

I'm sorry if I missed it here earlier but does anyone know what Hannah said about Kate Chastain that caused Kate to abandon her friendship with Hannah?
Kate used to support Hannah whenever questioned but now, nope. Hannah said something about Kate, not sure if it was to production or in an interview or what.

• Love 1

According to Kate, she's not friends with someone who talks about her behind her back.  Hannah was lying about Kate, Kate found out, Kate called Hannah out on it, Hannah responded with a lame "whatever".

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, lcarolynl said:

I'm sorry if I missed it here earlier but does anyone know what Hannah said about Kate Chastain that caused Kate to abandon her friendship with Hannah?
Kate used to support Hannah whenever questioned but now, nope. Hannah said something about Kate, not sure if it was to production or in an interview or what.

I also would love to know if anyone has the tea on this! From anything I have seen, Kate said that she and Hannah were always friends and she supported her until she found out something Hannah said to someone in production. Whatever was said... I don’t even know if it is caught in a talking head, I don’t think it was on the show, I think it may have just been said in a verbal or text conversation. Have no idea what it was or how serious except that Kate said she was obviously going to hear of it as the company- “the production team”- is small and only about 70 people. So someone told her something that Hannah said or snarked and Kate was done, cut her right off in a “I see who you are now and you are obviously not a friend” kind of way and never talked to her again. Kate didn’t say what the statement was or why it bothered her, just that they are no longer in touch and won’t be. I don’t blame her. I would do the exact same thing. I would loooove to know what it is though!! 😁

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

According to Kate, she's not friends with someone who talks about her behind her back.  Hannah was lying about Kate, Kate found out, Kate called Hannah out on it, Hannah responded with a lame "whatever".

Ben was the instigator and it was supposedly about their respective salaries. Again, another situation in which Hannah took the high road while Kate continues to make comments.  

Speaking of, I heard Kate had some not so nice things to say about Bugsy, her style & table decor on a recent podcast.  Kate doesn't have a lot of female friends, does she?

Edited by snarts
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Kate took a swipe at both Hannah and Bugsy over table decor.

Here's what Kate said:

Tablescapes for every person is basically a reflection of how you dress,” Chastain shared. “Hannah’s style is lacking. And I don’t get it. Bugsy is the other end of the spectrum there. She’s like over the top. Matchy, matchy, matchy. Palm fronds backpack, palm fronds in my hair necklace, palm fronds earnings.”

I don’t understand how as a yacht stewardess why you don’t like doing tablescapes,” she said. “It’s literally the only job where I get to be creative. It’s the best part of your job. The fact that she doesn’t like it and I’m like ‘What’s wrong with you?’ But then I see her outfits and it all makes sense.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Curious where you heard it was Ben. According to Kate It was hair and makeup and one of the producers who just mentioned that Hannah had talked shit about Kate after their two meetings. I legit can’t imagine any world that Hannah was making more than Kate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

^ not sure. May have been a FB group. The first social media jab Kate made about Hannah occurred on a night she was hanging out with Ben, right after Med S4 wrapped filming. I haven't seen a direct quote from Kate on the actual issue just comments about Hannah talking behind her back. I read that it had to do with Hannah comparing their salaries, again not sure where. Your comments are the first I've heard that it came from production/hair & makeup.  

Interesting that Captain Lee has commented on some of Hannah's posts knowing how close he is with Kate. I wonder if they've even met? 

Edited to add that I found the article which mentioned salary:  https://decider.com/2019/11/16/bravocon-below-deck-panel-kate-chastain-hannah-ferrier-feud/

Kate said it was based on Hannah talking behind her back about things such as salary and even going as her guest to Watch What Happens Live. 

Edited by snarts
addition
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Kate is "retired" but can't get too far away from Bravo.

She's going to take potshots at the casts of other BD shows and she's going to make appearances it sounds like on other Bravo shows.

Watch her come crawling back to BD eventually.

• Love 3

Thanks for all that info!!!

I don’t understand part of this sentence

Kate said it was based on Hannah talking behind her back about things such as salary and even going as her guest to Watch What Happens Live. 

who went with whom to WWHL? Kate went with Hannah or Hannah went with Kate? And what does that have to do with  insulting Kate?

if Kate reaches out to Hannah and Hannah failed to respond that does not show Hannah taking the high road. More like the Cowardly Lion road.

While Kate is done with BD I think she has something else cooking with Bravo. She won’t need to come crawling back, she’ll just walk into her new role, whatever that might be.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lcarolynl said:

Thanks for all that info!!!

I don’t understand part of this sentence

Kate said it was based on Hannah talking behind her back about things such as salary and even going as her guest to Watch What Happens Live. 

who went with whom to WWHL? Kate went with Hannah or Hannah went with Kate? And what does that have to do with  insulting Kate?

if Kate reaches out to Hannah and Hannah failed to respond that does not show Hannah taking the high road. More like the Cowardly Lion road.

While Kate is done with BD I think she has something else cooking with Bravo. She won’t need to come crawling back, she’ll just walk into her new role, whatever that might be.

I agree. I can't see a scenario where Kate would have to "crawl" where Bravo is concerned. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

My point was that Hannah has taken the high road in the media.  She hasn't commented and doesn't respond to any of Kate's barbs on insta/twitter. We also have no idea what Kate's text said. It may have been so accusatory and insulting that not responding was the best option.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, snarts said:

My point was that Hannah has taken the high road in the media.  She hasn't commented and doesn't respond to any of Kate's barbs on insta/twitter. We also have no idea what Kate's text said. It may have been so accusatory and insulting that not responding was the best option.

Good point, we just don’t know. To Kate’s credit she hasn’t said very much at all about Hannah but to acknowledge their friendship ended and obliquely explain why. I still like both of them, but I’m a fan of both the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Sussex. It seems one has to hate one to support the other and that doesn’t work for me. I’m ready to jump on the Bugsy Love Train! 😂

but that second half of the sentence I quoted, going to WWHL with the other one .... ? I still don’t get it.

• Love 2
(edited)

^I don't either, it was straight from the linked article and supposedly based on what Kate said at BravoCon.  Maybe someone who was there would know more.

Kate often takes swipes at Hannah on social media.  Even recently.  She made jabs at Bugsy after talking her up while her return was just a rumor.  She also ghosted Josiah and they no longer speak.  I'm so interested in that story.  He's another one who comments a lot on Hannah's social media.

Edited by snarts
  • Useful 3

Personally I don't care about their lives outside of entertaining me on the show (or not entertaining me, if you take into account the last season of Below Deck).  I'm happy for Hannah that she's having a baby, I'm happy for Kate that she's having a new career, and I hope never to hear from Ashton and his gang of jerks ever again (along with Kevin, who is absolutely deplorable).

• Love 9
12 hours ago, snarts said:

^I don't either, it was straight from the linked article and supposedly based on what Kate said at BravoCon.  Maybe someone who was there would know more.

Kate often takes swipes at Hannah on social media.  Even recently.  She made jabs at Bugsy after talking her up while her return was just a rumor.  She also ghosted Josiah and they no longer speak.  I'm so interested in that story.  He's another one who comments a lot on Hannah's social media.

Would probably be a dream scenario for Bravo if they had a big cat fight on social media.

Then they could use that to set up a new season of either BDM or BD where they run into each other or even have both of them working on the same crew.

I watched WWHL last night after the episode where Peter got demoted for sexual harassment. Andy Cohen made it sound like it was nothing, then proceeds with sexual “jokes” with Malia & (was it Rob?) IMO it was very inappropriate. I expected Better of Bravo. Maybe too much expectation.

• Love 4
On 7/15/2020 at 6:23 AM, Thumper82003 said:

I watched WWHL last night after the episode where Peter got demoted for sexual harassment. Andy Cohen made it sound like it was nothing, then proceeds with sexual “jokes” with Malia & (was it Rob?) IMO it was very inappropriate. I expected Better of Bravo. Maybe too much expectation.

You expected better of Bravo? 

dLzAyDe.gif

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

I don't think I've ever known this was such a thing, but apparently a Below Deck After Show will start up again Monday night. It looks like it's on bravotv.com or YouTube. I don't know how many seasons they've done this before, has anyone watched it? I'm honestly not sure if it's live, about the last episode, or how it works. I can only imagine it's going to involve a lottttttt of Sandy and Malia making excuses and tying to paint Hannah a crackhead who put every guest in imminent danger every time she poured them their 26th drink of the day. 

• Love 2
On 6/27/2020 at 6:23 PM, Neurochick said:

I'm glad I don't have to watch this garbage this season.  Besides 90 Day Fiancee: The Other Way is more interesting.

Who is this person you said was coming in as second Stew?  I (and forgive me if i haven't watched enough) don't know who she is,

1 hour ago, Boston said:

Who is this person you said was coming in as second Stew?  I (and forgive me if i haven't watched enough) don't know who she is,

Spoiler

Aesha was second stew last season. She hooked up with Jack on the show and he went back to her girlfriend shortly after. Most people found her quite crude and disgusting (she talked about a lot of bodily functions).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:
  Hide contents

Aesha was second stew last season. She hooked up with Jack on the show and he went back to her girlfriend shortly after. Most people found her quite crude and disgusting (she talked about a lot of bodily functions).

Aesha's voice and speech is like listening to nails on a chalk board.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, luvthepros said:

Aesha's voice and speech is like listening to nails on a chalk board.

Her topics of conversations are disgusting but she had a great attitude and she worked very hard. I'd hire her in a New York minute.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

She was the one who said she tasted her own poo 💩!

She is the perfect choice for Sandy who wants everyone on the crew to eat shit!

You always make a funny comment but I remember her saying she reached into her body to touch her poo. Please (for the love of god) tell me she didn’t taste it.

Touch, not taste, Right??? 😳🤢

• Love 2

https://decider.com/2020/08/17/below-deck-mediterranean-hannah-ferrier-fired-interview

An interview from Hannah on her firing.

So Malia has been giving interviews saying she saw Hannah taking pills and was finding Valium wrappers in the trash.  Hannah says she didn't take any Valium  That the bottle sound during the panic attack was Advil PM and Advil PM was all she took.

Someone is flat out lying.  I'm tending to come down on Hannah's side on this one and think Malia is embellishing to cover her ass on this one because the answers Hannah gave to all the other questions in the article have the ring of truth to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

https://decider.com/2020/08/17/below-deck-mediterranean-hannah-ferrier-fired-interview

An interview from Hannah on her firing.

So Malia has been giving interviews saying she saw Hannah taking pills and was finding Valium wrappers in the trash.  Hannah says she didn't take any Valium  That the bottle sound during the panic attack was Advil PM and Advil PM was all she took.

Someone is flat out lying.  I'm tending to come down on Hannah's side on this one and think Malia is embellishing to cover her ass on this one because the answers Hannah gave to all the other questions in the article have the ring of truth to me.

Thanks for sharing the link.  That was a good interview and it makes me like Hannah even more.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Jextella said:

that is true, why didn't she say as much to Sandy?  I'd al

It was on her pack of Valium which she went to get which is when Sandy barged in on her when she was trying to use the toilet for its intended purpose not “to flush” her medication.

• Love 3