Type keyword(s) to search

Stews and News: Below Deck Med in the Media

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It was on her pack of Valium which she went to get which is when Sandy barged in on her when she was trying to use the toilet for its intended purpose not “to flush” her medication.

I don't recall Hannah saying this to Sandy.  Did she show her the pack?

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1

That was kind of stupid for Hannah to offer them another round of oysters, given that it was clearly not fast or easy for him to shuck them.

And yes, these guests are pretty gross. That guy walking around naked? Hope he enjoyed having his corpulence splashed across people's TV screens. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

https://decider.com/2020/08/17/below-deck-mediterranean-hannah-ferrier-fired-interview

An interview from Hannah on her firing.

So Malia has been giving interviews saying she saw Hannah taking pills and was finding Valium wrappers in the trash.  Hannah says she didn't take any Valium  That the bottle sound during the panic attack was Advil PM and Advil PM was all she took.

Someone is flat out lying.  I'm tending to come down on Hannah's side on this one and think Malia is embellishing to cover her ass on this one because the answers Hannah gave to all the other questions in the article have the ring of truth to me.

Yes, thanks for sharing. It was a fun read. I miss Hannah already! I hope she has a healthy, happy, brilliant baby.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, dleighg said:

That was kind of stupid for Hannah to offer them another round of oysters, given that it was clearly not fast or easy for him to shuck them.

And yes, these guests are pretty gross. That guy walking around naked? Hope he enjoyed having his corpulence splashed across people's TV screens. 

That was Super Stew Bugsy who made the offer.

Which we know is the right thing to do since she is the perfect stew according to Captain Sandy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Here's the interview with Malia saying she saw Hannah taking pills and valium "wrappers".  IMHO she really trying to embellish and make herself look better.  It's not helping.

Public opinion is so bad that now the showrunner, Nadine Rajabi, (https://twitter.com/nadinerajabi?lang=en) is trying to take some of the blame off Malia & Sandy.  Yes, that might work had we not seen the same situation play out differently on S1 of BD with Kat & Captain Lee, also produced by 51Minds. Here's how he handled it.

Even worse, Malia's groveling for another season.  Yeah, no.  The best thing the showrunner could do now is get rid of Sandy & Malia and hope that they win back some viewers. 

Edited by snarts
  • Love 17

"Captain" Sandy needs to go.  She doesn't really want to be a captain, she wants to be a celebrity, I mean a Bravolebrity.

I don't get what the big issue is with Valium.  A few years ago, my mother was prescribed either Valium or Xanax because she freaks out when she goes into an MRI.  It's not an illegal drug.  BTW, a few seasons ago one crew member was as drunk as a skunk and Sandy took him aside and tried to 12 step him, which I thought was strange since she was his boss.  She didn't say, "You're fired."  

One more thing, I don't think Valium comes in wrappers...it's not like you buy it at the candy store.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 19
15 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

So Malia has been giving interviews saying she saw Hannah taking pills and was finding Valium wrappers

What the hell is a "valium wrapper"? My apology in advance for not knowing this. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

What the hell is a "valium wrapper"? My apology in advance for not knowing this.

some of my OTC medicine comes in a flat box (like her Rx) that has tear apart "single serve pills". I wonder if it is something like that?

pills-package_23-2147983066.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, dleighg said:

What we snickered at with Naked Repulso was how very teensy was the "blur area" production needed to use for him.😆

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

https://decider.com/2020/08/17/below-deck-mediterranean-hannah-ferrier-fired-interview

So Malia has been giving interviews saying she saw Hannah taking pills and was finding Valium wrappers in the trash.  Hannah says she didn't take any Valium  That the bottle sound during the panic attack was Advil PM and Advil PM was all she took.

Someone is flat out lying.  I'm tending to come down on Hannah's side on this one and think Malia is embellishing to cover her ass on this one because the answers Hannah gave to all the other questions in the article have the ring of truth to me.

I would be more concerned with a crew member taking Advil PM than Valium during a charter.  That stuff knocks me out!  Good luck trying to wake me if the plane was crashing boat was sinking...

• Love 7

I'm out!  I was in no way a Hannah fan but this played out all sorts of wrong and, like someone earlier said, if you make me feel for Hannah you must have done something outlandish.  I started out liking Malia but find her quite irredeemable at this point and can only describer her as an underhanded, despicable, snake.  And I can not abide by her calling to action the deck crew by referring to them as "boys" that is so unbelievably hypocritical, disrespectful and disparaging of her.  Never have like Sandy so she did nothing but solidify my already extremely low opinion of her.   Found Aesha disturbingly crude and repulsive the first time around and have no interest in revisiting that disgustingness.  That leaves everyone else who I have no vested interest in whatsoever, so there is no point in investing any more of my time in this show.  See Ya!!!

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 19
On 8/18/2020 at 12:31 AM, ParadoxLost said:

Yes, thanks for sharing. It was a fun read. I miss Hannah already! I hope she has a healthy, happy, brilliant baby.

Malia and Sandy are repulsive and based on the previews shown the other night, there is some payback coming their way

• Love 6
18 hours ago, BlueHawk said:

What we snickered at with Naked Repulso was how very teensy was the "blur area" production needed to use for him.😆

Lol! I didn't even see that editing had pixeled out that guys genitalia. It looked to me as if his fat gut covered up his unmentionables?!

But as gross as he was, it is one of the funniest moments on any BD episode. Except for creepy Adam running into a huge tree log and hitting his head.

• Love 4

I think the reason the new chef freaked out was that he thought he would get special treatment. Then he encountered production's typical shenanigans (no oyster shucker) and realized he was being set up to appear incompetent.

I suspect Hannah did take Valium. I have questioned whether her panic attacks are real, but if they are, and if she planned for this to be her last season, she probably threw all caution to the wind.

• Love 1

The show runner from Below Deck Med was on Kate Casey’s podcast. Very interesting. She addresses the fact that there’s a camera in the bridge that isn’t affiliated with production and acts as a “black box” which the yacht’s management company has access to at all times. So once Sandy was made aware of the medications she had no choice to address it   Here’s the link.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/reality-life-with-kate-casey/e/77114607?autoplay=true

• Useful 2

The showrunner can't seem to keep her stories straight.  She posted the Vanity Fair article to her instagram and was responding to comments.  She inferred that Hannah was really let go because they couldn't determine whether it was a CBD or THC pen but in the article she talked solely about valium.  She tried to say that she felt bad and wasn't trying to defend Malia & Sandy yet the article clearly stated that she was and she goes on to include that she instructed the production crew to go back through footage to make up a story line.  That's why we had to watch Hannah take Advil and they inserted all those bottle opening noises. She even went so far as to state that she & Hannah are on good terms, like that makes it ok. Ridiculous.

If they're sending the showrunner out to do press and demanding that their under-contract stars tow the company line (asking Captain Lee to delete his tweet & trotting out Kate's opinion for a distraction), they're definitely feeling the heat.  Why can't they acknowledge the impact this story line has had on mental health awareness.  Heck, even bottom of the barrel MTV will put up a disclaimer on episodes when their "stars" do or say inappropriate things.

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, snarts said:

The showrunner can't seem to keep her stories straight.  She posted the Vanity Fair article to her instagram and was responding to comments.  She inferred that Hannah was really let go because they couldn't determine whether it was a CBD or THC pen but in the article she talked solely about valium.  She tried to say that she felt bad and wasn't trying to defend Malia & Sandy yet the article clearly stated that she was and she goes on to include that she instructed the production crew to go back through footage to make up a story line.  That's why we had to watch Hannah take Advil and they inserted all those bottle opening noises. She even went so far as to state that she & Hannah are on good terms, like that makes it ok. Ridiculous.

If they're sending the showrunner out to do press and demanding that their under-contract stars tow the company line (asking Captain Lee to delete his tweet & trotting out Kate's opinion for a distraction), they're definitely feeling the heat.  Why can't they acknowledge the impact this story line has had on mental health awareness.  Heck, even bottom of the barrel MTV will put up a disclaimer on episodes when their "stars" do or say inappropriate things.

Thanks Snarts. I hadn’t seen her posts, this was the first I heard of her story. I appreciate knowing there are other issues going on in order not to blindly believe one side.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

The show runner from Below Deck Med was on Kate Casey’s podcast. Very interesting. She addresses the fact that there’s a camera in the bridge that isn’t affiliated with production and acts as a “black box” which the yacht’s management company has access to at all times. So once Sandy was made aware of the medications she had no choice to address it   Here’s the link.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/reality-life-with-kate-casey/e/77114607?autoplay=true

So, since Sandy received the pic via a text to her phone, if she had stepped off the bridge to address the issue instead of holding it up to the camera, she wouldn’t have had to fire Hannah?

• Love 7

Haha right it wasn't even brought up on "the bridge". All Malia said on the bridge was that Hannah freaked out and then smugly put her nose up Sandy's ass all "you are captain my captain it all falls back on you!"

Why can't they acknowledge the impact this story line has had on mental health awareness. 

It's so gross they won't even acknowledge the issues people are having with how they handled the storyline. Then again this is the same network that exploited a mans suicide for ratings.

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, snarts said:

Malia's unfollowed Tom on Instagram and removed all pics of him/them.  He's still following her. Hmmm. Karma comes fast.

She still has some pictures up with him, though she deleted several,  and she has unfollowed and followed him multiple times since he joined the show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She still has some pictures up with him, though she deleted several,  and she has unfollowed and followed him multiple times since he joined the show.

Let me rephrase, she's deleted all recent pics of Tom. There are some from Sept 2019 & earlier. 

In case we needed anymore evidence of her brattiness. Not surprised to hear that she's one to break up with her boyfriend every other week.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Rhetorica said:

Does anyone know more about this? I'm not even sure who he is.

Showbiz Cheat Sheet: 'Below Deck Med' Producers Promised To Edit Pete Hunziker Out of the Show, Now Some Fans Can't Remember Why.
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/below-deck-med-producers-promised-to-edit-pete-hunziker-out-of-the-show-now-some-fans-cant-remember-why.html/

This should help - 

below-deck-mediterranean-pete-firing-explained

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Rhetorica said:

Showbiz Cheat Sheet: 'Below Deck Med' Producers Promised To Edit Pete Hunziker Out of the Show, Now Some Fans Can't Remember Why.
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/below-deck-med-producers-promised-to-edit-pete-hunziker-out-of-the-show-now-some-fans-cant-remember-why.html/

He posted a racist misogynistic meme and a bunch of other nonsense in April, doubled down when people talked about it and than was fired when Bravo was filling people because of BLM.

• Useful 3
7 minutes ago, Rhetorica said:

Story pretty much sums up why. Soon after the season started, a social media post of his was found that was racist, sexist, and violent. He was fired on the spot and Bravo and the producers said they were going to edit him out in the remaining episodes. I quit watching after Hannah got fired, but he was seen very, very briefly in a couple shows before I bailed out.

Quite frankly, he should have been canned after his aggressive and inappropriate talk to Bugsy. That was more egregious than Hannah’s small dose of Valium, IMO.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

Story pretty much sums up why. Soon after the season started, a social media post of his was found that was racist, sexist, and violent. He was fired on the spot and Bravo and the producers said they were going to edit him out in the remaining episodes. I quit watching after Hannah got fired, but he was seen very, very briefly in a couple shows before I bailed out.

Quite frankly, he should have been canned after his aggressive and inappropriate talk to Bugsy. That was more egregious than Hannah’s small dose of Valium, IMO.

Ah, ok. Now I know who he is. Thanks all!

2 hours ago, Marley said:

Saw on ig that apparently Tom and Malia aren’t together. She had a bunch of posts about cheating and then something about being single and not giving a fuck. 

https://people.com/tv/below-deck-med-malia-white-alludes-split-tom-checketts/

First off, why is Malia channeling Julianne Hough?

Based on the Wes-Adam-Malia triangle, she strikes me as someone who is in it more for the thrill of the chase than anything else. When she gets a guy, she gets tired and moves on to the next one. I’ve known people like that, and all I can guess is they like the drama — but not the stability — of relationships. Whatever. Tom’s IGs show he’s still invested in her, and that’s the way these things usually go with shrews like Malia. They leave wreckage behind. 

(Disclaimer: I didn’t see the WWHL where she apparently said all of the following, so sorry if you all already knew this. I didn’t, and I need to add my $0.02.)

What really fried me, though, was Malia saying that she “wasn’t all that excited” to have Tom join the yacht because of “yacht relationships.” She — and I quote — “wasn’t too stoked” and “it wasn’t a nice decision for me” to have him there. REALLY? She talked up Tom constantly to whoever would listen, especially to that dolt Sandy who hired him on the spot, as well as to poor Kiko. Then she set up Hannah to get her out of the way. She sure seemed “stoked” to me when she ran down the gangplank and right into his arms like something out of a bad movie when he arrived. So, I call bullshit on all of this. Jaw-dropping. Pure calculation on her part.

Based on previews I’ve seen, things seem to go south between Malia and Sandy, while Tom “Mr. Five Star Chef” Checketts loses it in the galley. What she did to Hannah was vile, how she played Sandy was cold, and now Tom is on the ash heap, probably because he didn’t meet her image of him. This article gives me a pretty good clue as to how the rest of the season will play out, and apparently it wasn’t how the Golden Child had planned. So she’s trying to do damage control. If Tom melts down in the galley, Sandy makes Malia the new Hannah, and if the food is just as poor if not worse, then I do believe there is such a thing as karma and it is truly a bitch, and I will be there for it.

Malia disgusts me.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

I just saw a video on Twitter of Sandy saying she thinks Malia is gay and doesn't want to admit it. She said even production thinks so.  Then she giggled....

Sandy is just sooo freakin' strange!!  That video is pretty interesting - I can't figure out if she is just trying to be cute and gossipy (which never looks good and looks worse on a woman of her/my age) or if she is under the influence of something.

The video is on Sandy's thread here - just in case any other posters don't have a Twitter account.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Sandy is just sooo freakin' strange!!  That video is pretty interesting - I can't figure out if she is just trying to be cute and gossipy (which never looks good and looks worse on a woman of her/my age) or if she is under the influence of something.

The video is on Sandy's thread here - just in case any other posters don't have a Twitter account.  

She really is a piece of work. Why would she say that about Malia, who I hope is experiencing heartbreak.

• Love 4

Sandy's cameo clip on Twitter is a stunner.  She is obviously high on some drug or very drunk. She mumbles and giggles weirdly stumbling around with her phone camera.  What a mess...she's a mess and clearly has fallen off the wagon.  Sandy's behavior has been strange and off putting during this entire season and I wonder if she's been hitting the bottle throughout. I did notice the 1st mate was on the bridge at least twice in last night's episode, seemingly in charge and sitting in the Caot's chair.   Maybe the reason Sandy has proclaimed her REPUTATION so many times this season is because she recognized that she was literally tanking it.  Perhaps she filmed the pathetic cameo video shared yesterday when she was depressed, realizing that she has been played by Malia the snake (and isn't going to get any action there either) and/or she was informed that she would not be returning as CBDM Capt in the future.  Which definitely would be a wise move for 51 Minds/Bravo.  Either cancel the show for good, or take a year off to reboot with a whole new cast after Covid.

As much as I've despised the disgusting mistreatment that Sandy and Malia planned and put on Hannah and Kiko--and my total dislike of the two snakes--it is not enjoyable to publicly witness someone's total self destruction, even if it seems deserved. Sooo pathetic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, 1Seattlekitten said:

Sandy's cameo clip on Twitter is a stunner.  She is obviously high on some drug or very drunk. She mumbles and giggles weirdly stumbling around with her phone camera.  What a mess...she's a mess and clearly has fallen off the wagon.  Sandy's behavior has been strange and off putting during this entire season and I wonder if she's been hitting the bottle throughout. I did notice the 1st mate was on the bridge at least twice in last night's episode, seemingly in charge and sitting in the Caot's chair.   Maybe the reason Sandy has proclaimed her REPUTATION so many times this season is because she recognized that she was literally tanking it.  Perhaps she filmed the pathetic cameo video shared yesterday when she was depressed, realizing that she has been played by Malia the snake (and isn't going to get any action there either) and/or she was informed that she would not be returning as CBDM Capt in the future.  Which definitely would be a wise move for 51 Minds/Bravo.  Either cancel the show for good, or take a year off to reboot with a whole new cast after Covid.

I don't think Sandy was high.  I think she was trying to be cutesy.  "Oh, is this going to be public?  Tee hee."  Another fame whore bites the dust.

• Love 4

Wow this Sandy video is strange. Malia felt it necessary to publicly address Sandy's comments. She is obviously perplexed by it.  Whoever said that Bravo needs to start over with a new captain, chief stew and bosun is correct. This show has taken a strange turn. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think Sandy was high.  I think she was trying to be cutesy.  "Oh, is this going to be public?  Tee hee."  Another fame whore bites the dust.

I agree - I did mention in my previous post that she was either trying to be cute or maybe under the influence of something, but the more I think on it, I agree that Sandy was trying for "cute" here and failing miserably!  She does seem to be rather immature in her social media postings in the past - with the stupid puppy face filters, and sometimes with the way she talks.  It's like social media arrested development!!  

I also think she may have put herself in some deep trouble with Bravo and the producers of BDM.  If Malia felt the need to respond via social media, this cannot be going down well behind the scenes.  

• Love 6

I think I Sandy was stoned. I didn’t care for her speaking up for production; stating that they all believe Malia is gay. 
It’s probably a good thing that everyone is doing this show as a zoom.

If I were Malia it would be hard to keep my hands to myself and not want to physically assault Sandy. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Malia and Sandy will be on WWHL on Monday night. This should be interesting in view of Sandy’s video.

Too bad it’ll be on Zoom - in-person would be even more awkward.  Still, I’ll be ready with my 🍿 and 🍷 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8773403/Malia-White-admits-shes-shocked-Captain-Sandys-claim-thinks-shes-gay.html

Malia responds:

'Hey guys, it's Malia. My personal life seems to be quite the topic at the moment. I am not on Twitter, I don't do a lot of Instagram Lives, so I thought that I would send out a message in my own words. 

'So, first off, yes, Tom and I have split. The details surrounding all of it, I am trying to keep a little private, just out of respect to him and I. But yes, I am single,

'Second, Captain Sandy's Cameo - I was just as shocked as everyone else. I'm not sure why my sexual orientation is being discussed in Cameos. 

'First off, if I was gay, I would just like to say it should be my decision when and if to out it to the entire internet,' she continued. 

'I'm not, but if I was, I would be openly proud to be gay. I'm a huge supporter of the community and, yeah, I'll just leave it at that.' White, 30, explained in an Instagram video on Wednesday

'But no, I'm not, but if I was, I would be openly proud to be gay. I'm a huge supporter of the community and, yeah, I'll just leave it at that.'

• Love 1