Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Dobian said:

I guess Larry's never been to a luau before, that's always the centerpiece.  It's a freaking pig!  Hey Larry, where do you think your pulled pork sandwich came from?  Or your side of bacon?  What an idiot.

Larry took out his 401k to find a wife... I highly doubt that guy has been anywhere near a Luau. 

5 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Well, I might be remembering incorrectly (regarding Larry being Jewish). I'll try to find a clip later today when I have time.

Don't feel bad - I totally thought I remember Larry talking about being Jewish in one of his first episodes too.  I wonder who we were both thinking about since it must not be Larry??

50 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Like you, I have very severe food restrictions, to the point that I can no longer eat in restaurants, and I share the anxiety that accompanies it.  If Larry has something similar, he should have communicated it to his hosts in some tactful way, but he didn't.  

But then you wonder... what has Larry been eating the entire time he's been there!?  You would think at some point whatever situation he has with food he would share it with her at some point.  Or maybe he has gotten the runs from some of the local food and that's why he was hesitant? But his shaky/nervous reaction was very bizarre. That dude gets way too nervous. 

1 minute ago, gunderda said:

But his shaky/nervous reaction was very bizarre. That dude gets way too nervous. 

Maybe at some deep level - if he possesses such a thing - he realizes how screwed up his current situation is.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I thought it looked like he was trying to kiss his hand.  

Actually, in the Philippines, you show respect to your elders by taking their hand and placing the top of the hand to your forehead. It should be a very quick and smooth gesture. This is what Larry was trying to do. Children are taught this at a very young age. Filipinos don't typically bow to each other, I think that is just Larry being nervous.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Waveywaves said:

Actually, in the Philippines, you show respect to your elders by taking their hand and placing the top of the hand to your forehead. It should be a very quick and smooth gesture. This is what Larry was trying to do. Children are taught this at a very young age. Filipinos don't typically bow to each other, I think that is just Larry being nervous.

Oh, thank you!  Is it normal for an adult to do it to an older adult too?

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Oh, thank you!  Is it normal for an adult to do it to an older adult too?

Yes.  I lived there a year in my late 30's and would do it to my elders (I am not Filipino). I don't know of any hard rule, but I wouldn't do it unless they were a generation or more older (so I wouldn't do it to say a 40 year old). 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Bibi said:

I know we're bitching around but no need to go this far. Jenny may be poor but still . She's a woman.  Not a pig.

Larry knew he was going to a feast. Why did she need to tell him about? You go to a feast, you eat and you drink.  First of all, he didn't bother to dress properly. And Jenny should have told him he was expected to eat?

"Why is it such a big deal?" Seriously Larry. This family is so poor they can only afford one bed in a studio. They offer you a meal and you don't even taste it. I thought he was vegan maybe. Hell no, he just fears diarrhea. It's not veggies !  It's roasted meat!

I'm very proud of her father. Despite his poverty he didn't offer his daughter like Karine's  parents and Abby's did. " Oh American? Yes take my daughter away please. Do whatever you want!"

I'm so tired of these stupid Americans (thank you Mother Pedro). I won't eat this, I won't it that, I'm not going into the water, I run half-naked in the middle of Paris...

I really hope Jenny can get her green card, dump him and find a smart guy.

Larry was an idiot for not just scarfing down some pork and pretending to like it.  But, I think Jenny probably shares some of the blame.  I believe she told the camera what a rare delicacy the roast pig was for her family and all the cost and trouble they went through to prepare it for him, but it didn't seem like she told Larry.  When he didn't want to eat it she just pouted and when she did speak to him, she still didn't really seem to explain why it was so important for him to eat it.  She just said, "You're rude" (and I think it took 3 times before he understood she was saying "rude").  

If she had laid out the whole pig situation to Larry beforehand and he still cringed at it, I would put it all on him, but I don't think she did that.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, puppytoes said:

That had to be the saddest article I have ever read.  I totally understand why these young women from Thailand and the Philippines want to escape poverty.  Thanks for sharing the article

Yeah, I can't remember if the article touches on it, but a major motivator for these girls is helping their parents. In the USA our parents often have pensions, savings, Medicare, social security.  In developing countries, when you are too old to work you often have no money to pay for things like food, housing, medicine, health care, etc.  Children support the parents, then their children support them, etc.

The girls can marry a Filipino guy her own age from the same lower economic class and basically give her parents nothing, or go abroad to work/marry an older foreigner and use the money to support her impoverished parents in their helpless elderly years. Tough choice.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I'll never understand WHY these people don't do a quick Wiki about appropriate cultural norms.  But then...we wouldn't have a show.

Cortney continues to be a big ole' idiot.   Samuel was obviously playing wingman for Antonio, and she fell for it hook, line, and sinker.  In the same way I laugh at Jorge's suffering b/c "all American girls are evil feminists", I laugh at Cortney for "I thought Europeans were all about family".  Ya dumbass.

Larry, Larry, Larry...homie.  This chick isn't even a little into him.  Every talking head is about her going to America, and Larry is soooo awkward.  Family Jenny are obviously trying to be kind, but the second they step out of Larry's comfort zone, he behaves terribly.  I can tell you in my culture (we are Indo Caribbean), it would be very offensive to treat the food my family spent time, effort, and money to acquire and make, and behave like Larry did that lechon.  Also, Larry lives in Pinellas....HOW HAVEN'T YOU BEEN TO A CUBAN'S HOUSE FOR CHRISTMAS LECHON BEFORE?!  I don't eat pork and I've been invited multiple times for lechon.  Come on, man.

Karine should be done with Paul.  I'm completely with his continued "poor me" POV:  He should be alone.  And sad.  And leave all the women alone.  

Myriam and Patrick are frustrating.  Why, WHY is Patrick always flipping and tumbling on things?  That's weird.  Stop.  And Myriam needs to pick a situation and stick to it.  This is getting sad.

Whatever, Sean.  You experienced Abby for real last episode, and you still are considering marrying her?!  My.  Gawd.  I hope she fleeces you for every Buckeye penny you got, man.  Lame.

The thing that drives me crazy about Sean is the "soul mate" talk.  Your "soul mate" (if such a person exists) is NOT someone less than half your age living in a foreign country who you have zero in common with.  This is true even if she is not likely an either current or former prostitute and sleeping with a guy 3 times her age.   

With that sort of age difference you MIGHT be able to hope for companionship and a largely mutually beneficial relationship where you get sex, someone to cook and clean, etc. and she gets out of the 3rd world to live a much more comfortable lifestyle with a man whole will treat her decently.   There might be some chance that some sort of love would develop during the marriage (though I don't like the odds).  But, to think somehow you are missing out on your "soulmate" because the 20 year old who obviously had no feelings for you is into another guy is pathetic.  

I do sense that Sean is going to do the smart thing and forget about her.  It seems like the show is intentionally dragging that story out, because there isn't going to be much to see. 

• Love 10

I'll give Larry a potential benefit of the doubt: I dated someone with the most Italian last name ever but his mother was Jewish and he was raised in the Jewish faith. He ate bacon though. And shellfish. But still...

My heart breaks for Karine. She is smart enough to know that Paul is a psychotic loser and I loved when she was telling him off. But then she realized she was losing her potential visa and said she forgave him. No woman should have to suffer that to escape poverty. Abby seems smarter and is definitely a hustler but she's in the same boat. She may be more savvy -- getting laptops and iPads -- but she's at the will of 2 disgusting men to get ahead. I'm not sure what to think about Jenny. She's a robot, "yes, my love." "no, my love." She knows the game well enough though. If she does last with Larry it will be literally to the day she can get divorced and not lose her green card status. 

Patrick doesn't bother me. Men run shirtless around here all the time. I think he's making the best out of a crappy situation not knowing about the boyfriend and he's trying to win her over. I actually think they're cute together. I'd like one of these moronic couples to be somewhat genuine. 

I love how Courtney thinks she's in charge yet that doofus has let her down at every turn (the airport, being late to meet her, taking her to a beauty pageant..." She acted like she *finally* deemed him worthy for sex when really that's been number one on her agenda from the jump. 

• Love 8

Listen, some people are grossed out by food that is shown in its entirety. My son was going to cook chicken for a woman he was dating. They went to the store to get it and she had a hissy when he picked up a whole chicken from the showcase! She wasn't going to eat anything like that. So he asked her what did she think chicken looked like and she honestly could not reconcile the two. 

And what if the show knew he had faith reasons behind some of his choices but pushed the family to have the traditional roasted meat? IDK, he just doesn't seem THAT uncouth. He's not a smooth cool daddy-o but he would have to have some type of presence in order to have a job even at McD's.

And does anyone else thing Molly (the bra lady) looks and talks like Amber on Teen Mom?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lambie said:

I'll give Larry a potential benefit of the doubt: I dated someone with the most Italian last name ever but his mother was Jewish and he was raised in the Jewish faith. He ate bacon though. And shellfish. But still...

My heart breaks for Karine. She is smart enough to know that Paul is a psychotic loser and I loved when she was telling him off. But then she realized she was losing her potential visa and said she forgave him. No woman should have to suffer that to escape poverty. Abby seems smarter and is definitely a hustler but she's in the same boat. She may be more savvy -- getting laptops and iPads -- but she's at the will of 2 disgusting men to get ahead. I'm not sure what to think about Jenny. She's a robot, "yes, my love." "no, my love." She knows the game well enough though. If she does last with Larry it will be literally to the day she can get divorced and not lose her green card status. 

Patrick doesn't bother me. Men run shirtless around here all the time. I think he's making the best out of a crappy situation not knowing about the boyfriend and he's trying to win her over. I actually think they're cute together. I'd like one of these moronic couples to be somewhat genuine. 

I love how Courtney thinks she's in charge yet that doofus has let her down at every turn (the airport, being late to meet her, taking her to a beauty pageant..." She acted like she *finally* deemed him worthy for sex when really that's been number one on her agenda from the jump. 

Karine is about the only sympathetic person on this show for me.  She seems to be very sweet and does not seem stupid.  Jenny, I'm on the fence about.  I don't know if she is a scammer or sincere.  All the rest seem like either idiots, psychos or scammers.  Maybe not Patrick and Myriam, but their whole "relationship" seems pointless and hopeless.  

• Love 2

I'm not going to bash Larry for not eating the pig. I'm a vegetarian & I think that's gross. But i know plenty of omnivires who would also find it gross, for various reasons. Just like the Americans are expected to adapt to the nonAmerican customs, the nonAmericans need to adapt as well. I seriously doubt the family would be that offended by a foreigner not wanting the food. Did Jenny discuss this feast with him beforehand? I just hope the family didn't pay for the food.

I guess for me a pig roast is a pretty normal "American" thing. I go to at least one if not two or three each summer. You go get a pig at the butcher shop bury it in the ground, cover with banana leaves and hot coals and let cook for 12 hours or so. It is the best thing ever. If I knew ahead of time I was picky and going to a family meal I would probably say I was vegetarian ahead of time to avoid any really outside my comfort zone animal products, chicken feet are outside my comfort zone. Larry was just plain rude.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

Listen, some people are grossed out by food that is shown in its entirety. My son was going to cook chicken for a woman he was dating. They went to the store to get it and she had a hissy when he picked up a whole chicken from the showcase! She wasn't going to eat anything like that

Ever since the chicken foot episode on the other show I have had a problem with chicken.   I used to love the wings from Whole Foods, not anymore.

So, there is no way I would of been able to eat any of that pig. But, I would of eaten the rice and tried my best to not offend anyone.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Palomar said:

Jenny contacted lots of guys until one actually stuck.  Unfortunately for her it was Larry.  What you see is what you get.

I do understand the reluctance of Larry to eat the pig.  It really turns me off to see the entire pig, head and all, myself.  However, the meat itself IS delicious if you get the vision of the pigs head out of your thoughts.  Regardless, he should have eaten a generous portion and been very complimentary and thankful for the meal that this family presented to him which they mentioned they only do for special occasions.

To be honest, I've always thought that Larry was mentally challenged. There are many mentally challenged people who function in the everyday world (I have a family member who is mentally challenged and holds down a job and is married) but they are not always aware of social situations. Larry really is one of those.  I don't think he had any idea he was being rude....he just tells it like it is.  There is no way Jenny will have the patience to be married to someone like Larry.  But, she might just go ahead with a marriage and get the green card and take off....he is ripe to be taken advantage of that is for sure.

I think he does have a lower IQ but he also strikes me as someone who could potentially fall on the autism spectrum (awkwardness, trouble understanding social cues/situations, difficulty empathizing) with some social anxiety thrown in. (I’m a therapist)

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

This! Did someone really get shot? Did Karine get her phone back out of the guys cold dead hands ? 

I did NOT miss Jesse and Darcy this week. At all.

I did laugh went Larry went in for the hug on Father Jenny and Father Jenny did the evasive move that Ellen Griswold does when Cousin Eddie goes in for the hug w. Her!! :-)

Yeah, but they did show a preview with Jesse and a ring, at which point my husband got up from the couch and said he needed to vomit.  I guess Darcy took to teetotaler pledge. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, jennyf said:

I don’t know if Larry is Jewish or not, but I’m also Jewish and I eat bacon and other pork products as well as shellfish. Many reform and non-practicing Jews do the same. Not eating those things are part of the stricter rules of religion. I think Larry was just being a wuss. 

I'm Jewish too. Most reform Jewish people I know have eaten pork. When the defense was made upthread that Larry is Jewish so he COULDNT eat the pork, I thought, "ok so where is his yarmulke?" Because the only Jewish folks who feel that strongly about pork, also wear yarmulke and tzitzit. So sorry. You have no excuse, Larry!

I don't eat pork but I'm also a vegetarian. The aquaintances of mine who aren't clear on that have in the past served meat and I've eaten some of it. It's just the right thing to do when people go to the trouble to serve you. I couldn't imagine going to another country where rules of etiquette can be drastically different and acting like Larry did. I'm appalled by him and I think Jenny's dad should send him on his way.

What's with these men and their neuroses? Paul and Larry are both ridiculous and Paul still hasn't taken off that long sleeve shirt. He probably reeks because he's too scared to bathe in the poop water. Maybe penis fish swim through the pipes so he can't wash his nasty hands just in case he has to scratch his balls later and an invisible penis fish is clinging to his fingers. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

You make some really good points here. I get that Larry is Jewish, but when he wasn't eating the meat, he didn't say anything about that. He talked about his intestines. I might be wrong here, but I got the impression that it was more about his physical wellbeing than his religious convictions.

And, he still didn't get that he was SO RUDE.

He's not a very bright man.

It was such a kick in the teeth to Jenny's poor family. And, Larry just didn't get it.

What's the learning curve like for this guy, anyway?

I can’t agree with you more.  He is extremely socially awkward for someone working at McDonalds.  The kicker is the clip from the preview when he claims that she was upset and angry because he didn’t eat the food.  He just doesn’t get it!

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Paul: "I could have been there and fought them off and defended her in some way." 

This from a guy who ran away in terror from his own confession. I also missed the part where, when he was told she'd been attacked, he said "Oh my God, is she all right?" or some other suitable response.  

11 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

He is extremely socially awkward for someone working at McDonalds.

How suave does he need to be to work there?  But seriously, he probably functions very well within strict parameters, in a familiar environment.  

Edited by Sprockets
I don't know
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

We're going back to Paris for a few days (actually bracketing a river cruise in Burgundy with a few days in Paris on either side) and while there are several places I want to go that we didn't get to the first time, that is one place I REALLY want to revisit (Sacre Coeur, Montmartre, etc.)

:-O

3 hours ago, Cherrio said:

So, there is no way I would of been able to eat any of that pig. But, I would of eaten the rice and tried my best to not offend anyone.

I'm not a big fan of pork, or food with the head still attached...so this would not have been my meal of choice.  But yeah, I would have had SOME and loaded up on rice and veggies.  And if I was having GI problems (as Larry was afraid he would have diarrhea) then mostly rice.  

• Love 1

Karine's phone was gold and flat, but the one she used to call her mom in this episode was silver and bedazzled (is that still a thing?)  Probably a producer's phone she had to borrow. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Yep, looks like Darcey went for the ring and gave up the wine,  I wonder how long that will last?

Not long. I'm guessing she was tipsy on the plane ride home!

Some people use alcohol to relax at the end of the day or to celebrate with friends... birthdays, family dinners, etc.

That's not easy to give up, but it can be done.

It's like asking someone to give up desserts. It sucks, but it can be done.

However, Darcey was using alcohol to cope when she was upset. That's a different thing entirely. In my experience, that's very hard to break. It's going to take help, and she's going to have to want to do it for herself. Right now, she's just doing it for Jesse.

I'm sure Jesse is more than willing to jump in there and start therapizing her or whatever. She probably has a glass of wine after each time they Skype because he stresses her out so much.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Lambie said:

I get cold comfort from the fact that she has the sense to realize that she's stuck with a volatile dud, at least for now. Once she gets to the United States, it won't take her very long to break free from him. She'll be able to get restraining orders for real. As long as that joker helps her get a work visa, she should be okay in the end as long as she works on her English. Then a divorce and a permanent green card.

It will be easy to show that the marriage couldn't work out because she was stuck with a criminal.

Jenny cast a wide net and Larry was the first one she caught. She would like to throw him back, but she knows she can't do any better. She's probably been at this for quite some time. She'll definitely wear the pants in that relationship. And she can't wait to get rid of him.

And Abby can't wait to get rid of Sean.

These people are so insanely dumb.

• Love 7

I did not enjoy this week's episode of Patrick's Got Talent.

Worse than his backflips and mugging for the camera is the trick he's trying to pull on Myriam -- pretending to be a friend and confidante while shamelessly trying to undermine her relationship for his advantage.   I think it would be great if Boyfriend Myriam shows up next week and kicks Patrick's happity ass.

• Love 16

Larry could have pulled a Mama Chantel and said "It smells a-MAZ-ing" like she did before Chicken Feet Gate, but then refused to eat the pork citing a fake allergy or digestive issue. Or, he could have been like Mohammed when he refused to kiss Daniele at the wedding and cited religious regions. He might have choked down a couple of bites of that yummy white meat then switched to the rice. Can you imagine if they had presented the guest of honor with a special delicacy like the EYEBALLS! 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

Listen, some people are grossed out by food that is shown in its entirety. My son was going to cook chicken for a woman he was dating. They went to the store to get it and she had a hissy when he picked up a whole chicken from the showcase! She wasn't going to eat anything like that. So he asked her what did she think chicken looked like and she honestly could not reconcile the two. 

And what if the show knew he had faith reasons behind some of his choices but pushed the family to have the traditional roasted meat? IDK, he just doesn't seem THAT uncouth. He's not a smooth cool daddy-o but he would have to have some type of presence in order to have a job even at McD's.

And does anyone else thing Molly (the bra lady) looks and talks like Amber on Teen Mom?

This poor family, truly poor family probably spent a month or more wages on that pig. It is disrespectful becuase of the situation this family is in and they spent money on somethign they themselves rarely get to eat. A celebration meal, they were honoring him.  It has nothign to do with food preferences, its disrespectful toward them giving him a true gift. Just eat the dang pig once. I've worked in some of these places and its possibly the worst thing you  could ever do is turn down the gift of food. 

Edited by Drogo
Quote formatting.
  • Love 15
On 10/2/2017 at 1:35 PM, Desert Rat said:

These Americans are so embarrassing. I hope they don't play this show in other countries. 

*Waves from Australia*

It's ok though, there's a big difference between Americans and the type of deluded Americans who appear on this show, and it's easily spotted!

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, eggsnbacon said:

This poor family, truly poor family probably spent a month or more wages on that pig. It is disrespectful becuase of the situation this family is in and they spent money on somethign they themselves rarely get to eat. A celebration meal, they were honoring him.  It has nothign to do with food preferences, its disrespectful toward them giving him a true gift. Just eat the dang pig once.

My biggest fear would be tapeworm.   Third world country, no FDA, pig cooked outside of my supervision ... But I would have eaten it.  Because even in America, a country that produces legions of dumbasses too ignorant to remove their baseball caps when eating or in the presence of ladies, everyone knows that when you're a guest, you eat what you are served.  Anything less is an insult.

rB0U2gS.gif

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Flowergirl81 said:

Do we have any evidence that Larry is indeed Jewish?  Because I’m pretty sure he “crossed himself” before eating the pork. 

He did make the sign of the cross! I remember. (Isn't this primarily a Catholic gesture?) In any case, Jenny gave him the appropriate speeding Ninja-stars-taking-off-your-head look. Larry's personality has diarrhea.

• Love 4

If it had been me, and it was the person I intended to marry, I would have thrown caution to the winds and devoured the meat figuring they could treat me for whatever later back in the States if necessary.

Poor Larry really isn't smart. He probably doesn't have MR, but I would put his IQ at a good solid 90 or less. (The average IQ is 100 which means we've plenty of solid 90's walking around. A lot of people tend to guess at their IQ's and inflate the numbers drastically.)

Actually, I'm gonna say 85.

Which makes me feel bad for him because he's actually higher functioning and he has a good work ethic although he's ripe to be taken advantage of.

He's a nice guy. He just doesn't understand the world very well.

All of us have problems in one way or another because we don't understand the world well enough. It's a thorny place.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, millennium said:

everyone knows that when you're a guest, you eat what you are served.  Anything less is an insult.

I certainly don't know that.  A lot of people have food restrictions or allergies.  What I do know is that a guest behaves respectfully and is appreciative of his hosts' efforts.  Larry was impolite.  He behaved like an oaf.  

• Love 6

Ok, I rewatched Larry segments I see why he's single.  He showed no compassion, nor understanding what Jenny was saying.  A normal man would have hugged, held your hand and gave a reason or even apology for his reaction.  He kept standing there like a deer in a headlight.  He was such a turnoff!   I'm not saying a man have to be your savior but good god grow a pair.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I certainly don't know that.  A lot of people have food restrictions or allergies.  What I do know is that a guest behaves respectfully and is appreciative of his hosts' efforts.  Larry was impolite.  He behaved like an oaf.  

I'll stipulate to food restrictions and allergies as an exception.   Otherwise, the polite thing is to eat the food and not scrunch up your face or start gagging.   There are certain dishes I've tried once and only once, and only because they were served to me when I was a guest in someone's home.  

• Love 11
10 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Jenny cast a wide net and Larry was the first one she caught. She would like to throw him back, but she knows she can't do any better. She's probably been at this for quite some time. She'll definitely wear the pants in that relationship. And she can't wait to get rid of him.

Oh, yeah! When she ordered him to "Come here", I immediately piped up and said "Get ready for A LOT of that, dude!" She reminds me a bit of my Filipina aunt: When my aunt is pissed, you hop to and follow directions or things are about to get a whole lot worse for you.

• Love 4
On 10/8/2017 at 9:14 PM, NinaH said:

Re: Larry insulting Jenny's family - if you aren't open minded and totally willing to embrace another culture and their food, don't go looking for love outside your comfort zone.  I am picky AF and know what I'm willing to try or not try and would hate try to force something down while everybody was staring me down.  I wouldn't be successful at looking for foreign love. But I'm also not desperate for anybody with a pulse either. 

But he was not a jerk because he was from another culture. He totally does NOT know how to act. You say thank you and pretend you like it.  You don't make faces like you think it's disgusting. Had he been in America and went to someone's house and didn't like something that was served- you fake it! He does not know basic social skills. He has no skills at all, no manners. At first I thought it had to do with him never travelling before. But then I realized it does not- he has been sheltered or something and does not know anything, like to how to fucking act in society. You don't insult people, you don't insult the parents of your girlfriend, you don't go to a party and insult the host.  Most people, their first time in another country, who didn't like the looks of the pig, would have pretended to like it and to be gracious. You say you are picky about food but I am sure you would have acted much more mature than Larry in a similar situation. I was just disgusted with him. That cost them like 3 months salary. Idiot.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

Well, now you know! :D

On a serious note, meals are the one thing you always need to make an effort to partake of - especially as a guest - because it's the one thing that offends hosts the most. You can, like Larry did, make the international sign of "I want to fuck your daughter", which he thought was the international sign of "I want to put a ring on it", and your hosts will like you a little bit less (and eventually realize you're a dumb ass that communicates poorly). But if you refuse to eat the food they prepare? A lot of times that will result in the end of all hospitality and they'll throw you out of their house at the earliest opportunity. If you can't eat something they've prepared for whatever reason (religious proscriptions, allergies, etc), then you eat as much of the other parts of the meal that are offered. This is discussed several times on that show with Andrew what's-his-name where he goes around the world trying various foods and dining with people in the countries he visits. It's like Anthony Bourdain's show, but without the pretentious-ass-as-show-host.

• Love 5

I finally watched this mess last night. The one thing I took away is how very, VERY insecure these Americans are. 

Sean is pathetic. Abby and Chris are so much more mature than he is, and it wouldn’t surprise me if she and Chris are going to take Sean to the cleaners at some point. 

Jesse must have lost some loved ones to alcoholism, to be that insistent that Darcey not drink. I know plenty of people who feel the same way, if alcohol has touched their lives in a negative way. I just don’t see these two as a couple.

Cortney.... no wonder she’s had guys lie to her and cheat on her. Her paranoid insecurity is making me take Antonio’s side. She’s as dumb as a bag of hair.

Paul scares the crap out of me, Karine better run, run fast!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Paul was obviously very scary to his ex-gf. :)

I'd be scared, too, if I woke up to Paul staring at me like this with a Zippo in one hand and a can of hairspray in the other.  

giphy.gif 

• Love 14