Type keyword(s) to search

RelationShep - General Discussion

• Start Topic

No, he isn't.  And add to the mix the fact that a trust fund dude pushing 40, with zero ambition, who has been aimlessly banging as many random chicks as he can for nearly 20 years, is certainly NOT a catch for ANY woman with sense in her head.

The Brazilian woman, the Vermont/Brooklyn trivia gal & the horse girl are way too sensible to actually wanna be in any sort of relationship with icky Sheppie.  The responses from all of them were pretty telling -- when Cams asked if they minded Sheppie's sordid history with women.  Oh sure, they were all spouting bullshit answers so they could keep getting a Bravo paycheck.  But the just-smelled-poop expressions on ALL of their mugs told everything about what they actually thought.  Sheppie as a potential bf?  Ew.

• Love 6

I sincerely thought that Peyton and Shep were so closely alike that she was a shoo-in for winning.  

Then there was last night.  She's been infected with the multiple girl dating jealousy that we see so often on the Bach.

I bet he just settles in with his producer.  She looks nice and probably cleans up well.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, b2H said:

I sincerely thought that Peyton and Shep were so closely alike that she was a shoo-in for winning.  

I thought they were too similiar and if this was real life they might drunkingly have sex and then settle into friends or FOB. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, b2H said:

I bet he just settles in with his producer.  She looks nice and probably cleans up well.

I think you are absolutely right.  When Shep was on WWHL he kind of alluded to that fact.  We had no idea who he was talking about but by the 2nd episode I could see that it was she.

• Love 2

Think Peyton is a little too needy.  During the road trip they seemed to have it together but maybe they have a way to screen for ones who will cause drama because let's face it, it makes for better ratings.

And a woman inviting herself?  How would she even find that home where the other women are staying?  She contacted the producer or Bravo and they told her where to come.  Or it's a made up story, the producers are inviting her to stir up stuff since the other women already think there are already too many other women.  She'll sign the release to be filmed for whatever drama this last-minute appearance causes.

At least in this episode, it seems he's gravitating to the youngest, Kylie and Bella.  So he will look to get laid a couple of times and at the end of the season declare he just hasn't found the one.

So if this show gets any kind of ratings, they'll run it again.  Nice little additional checks for the Southern Charm cast, even those who aren't returning the next season like Austen and the dolphin.  

Hell it looks like Gentry will make an appearance.  Too bad it's defunct.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 1

I always laugh when Shep and the other losers on Southern Charm try quoting Shakespeare or historical quotes in conversation. I get that they're trying to sound erudite and "Southern gentlemen of leisure", but they just blurt things out like eighth graders reciting a lame book report.

How can Shep judge these women for not fitting in to country clubs when he shows up to dates with a backwards hat, unwashed hair, flip flops and rags? Even his buddy showed up to the double date like a slob. Where did these guys learn to date? They're in their 30s, and it doesn't even dawn on them to consider the women's feelings or interests. 

Speaking of which, has Shep never interacted with people who don't know who he is? He's intimidated by women who have ANY education or career. He doesn't know how to politely end a date. He doesn't understand why a woman wouldn't want to drop everything to come to Charleston. He doesn't know how to leave a VM message. Again, he doesn't know how to dress/prepare for a date. 

LOVED Amber telling him she couldn't come to Charleston because she didn't want to act out a relationship on camera (unlike an above poster, I can understand someone thinking the show might be fun but then changing her mind when it actually happens). But Shep pleading with her, "We can work around that" (the cameras). Lol. 

• Love 1
On 12/12/2017 at 7:37 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Probably because he's stoned most of the time---the dude is a known pothead and it becomes more obvious every season his giggly unkempt ass wakes and bakes on television.

Hah.  Now I get it.  I didn't know he was a pothead.  It all makes sense, now!

On 12/13/2017 at 11:26 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Shepcats,

A reminder that speculation is not the same as a spoiler.  For example, I could say I think Shep will become a well-kempt, compassionate, sober person.  You can all have a good laugh at my naiveté, and we can keep going.  So speculate away - no harm, no foul in speculation. 

Thanks!

Hysterical!

This show is pretty stupid, but it's fun mindless fluff.   One observation - right or wrong - that seems to encapsulate a large chunk of why it is Shep can't find a soulmate....

His eyes light up most when he is with the brunette from Brooklyn and the older woman from Puerto Rico.  He seems to enjoy the company of the Puerto Rican the most and the beauty and sophistication of the brunette the most.  He wants a lot in a single package and he may never get it.

There is more to why Shep doesn't maintain relationships but this is part of it, I think.  A big part.  His lack of ambition is definitely a factor.  Shep has a lot of great qualities, but lack of direction, and hence substance, seem to be lacking.  It's hard to hang on to Shep because there isn't much to hang on to.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Pretty sure Austin is returning or at least is there when several events were filmed.

If Shep isn't careful, we might see Peyton on SC, as Austin's girl.  They had an awful lot in common.

• Love 4

Cam sucks. She tries too hard to be the cool chick who can hang with the boys and doesn't care what people think, but I think she's a snake oil salesman. She was extremely rude to Priscilla (these people want us to think they're cultured but all they can talk about with Priscilla is her Brazilian butt). And then asking the girls about aliens? Wtf?

kylie seems like every girl I imagine Shep has slept with. Young, cute and sees Shep as competition with other girls. If you've ever wondered why lame guys do well with women, it's because a lot of women are like Kylie. I guarantee you she doesn't care about Shep. If the producers came in tomorrow and said, "Change of plans, you're now vying for Austen" she'd hop right on. 

Priscilla seems like the typical "girl who just gets along better with guys and girls don't like". She seems spoiled and not fun. Great body, though. 

Bella seems cool, but she keeps thinking there's something defective about being 37 and single. I'll admit, Shep has issues, but dating sucks and being single in your 30s isn't a sign of some serious character flaw. But I think she's too young to know that now. When you're in your 20s you have a plan and assume life's just going to work out that way. 

Arden?? Doesn't leave much of an impression. I think her editing is bad (in fact, the production of this whole show is kind of all over the place). Nobody is really sure what's going on or how anything works. 

Priscilla seems cool but guarded. Oddly, I think she's intimidated by the other girls when she should focus more on what she can offer Shep. 

Lastly, can they show more of Shep's friend from the beach? That stunning brunette in the grey bikini! Gorgeous. They only showed brief flashes of her, and she's probably married to one of Shep's loser trust fund friends. But I'd prefer more of her than whoever mystery girl is. 

I'm trying to think, how many girls did Shep meet then invite? I think he invited just about everyone (except Summer and not sommelier). It seems odd to only have 5 women, given how much this mimics the Bachelor. Plus, I think the two girls he was the most into were the ones who turned him down. Can't say I see him ending up with any of these five. I doubt he'll pick the producer, but if he did that's pretty lame. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Bella seems cool, but she keeps thinking there's something defective about being 37 and single. I'll admit, Shep has issues, but dating sucks and being single in your 30s isn't a sign of some serious character flaw. But I think she's too young to know that now. When you're in your 20s you have a plan and assume life's just going to work out that way. 

Agreed. If Shep was actively pursuing relationships and still very single, then your mom might ask what’s wrong with him. But it’s Shep. He makes no effort (his whole appearance) and has sex when it’s offered from young women in temporary and physical terms. 

I do love seeing how little game Shep actually has!

• Love 1

I cosign  the above statement that Shep has very little game.  He apparently has been able to get away with just showing  up, all scuzzy looking, mentions that he's a trust fund baby, makes a few comments that he feels are witty and gets the girl.  This show is just a cheap version of the Bachelor and much less interesting. I kind of thought Bravo could develop something more original or innovative.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I cosign  the above statement that Shep has very little game.  He apparently has been able to get away with just showing  up, all scuzzy looking, mentions that he's a trust fund baby, makes a few comments that he feels are witty and gets the girl.  This show is just a cheap version of the Bachelor and much less interesting. I kind of thought Bravo could develop something more original or innovative.

Shep himself has basically admitted that he takes home whoever is left at the bar at 3 a.m. His game, as described above, works pretty well with cute young drunk girls. And not at all with sober mature women his own age.

• Love 2

This show is a fail for Shep. He's looking messy and a little tubby and the opposite of suave. Unless there is some upcoming twist this is just a very minor rip-off of the Bachelor with zero structure. It's like Bravo threw this together in the cheapest way possible. There has to be more than just confessionals of women boo-hoo-ing over having competition. This show really needs a Chris Harrison-type host to make the process and the prize look worthwhile. 

But seriously? Giving up your graduation (I assume she meant college?) to star on this train-wreck? 

Maybe. Although they may have filmed his thought process and added it to the show because what they had with the contestants was so trite, not because he ends up with the producer.  But if so, maybe all Shep really needed was any woman who would take him aside and mother him on a daily basis outside of the bar scene (who wasn't Cameran).  

• Love 3
On 12/19/2017 at 0:52 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

No, he isn't.  And add to the mix the fact that a trust fund dude pushing 40, with zero ambition, who has been aimlessly banging as many random chicks as he can for nearly 20 years, is certainly NOT a catch for ANY woman with sense in her head.

There is definitely chance that you might catch something FROM Shep but it wouldn't be something you would want. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Cam sucks. She tries too hard to be the cool chick who can hang with the boys and doesn't care what people think, but I think she's a snake oil salesman. She was extremely rude to Priscilla (these people want us to think they're cultured but all they can talk about with Priscilla is her Brazilian butt). And then asking the girls about aliens? Wtf?

kylie seems like every girl I imagine Shep has slept with. Young, cute and sees Shep as competition with other girls. If you've ever wondered why lame guys do well with women, it's because a lot of women are like Kylie. I guarantee you she doesn't care about Shep. If the producers came in tomorrow and said, "Change of plans, you're now vying for Austen" she'd hop right on. 

Priscilla seems like the typical "girl who just gets along better with guys and girls don't like". She seems spoiled and not fun. Great body, though. 

Arden?? Doesn't leave much of an impression. I think her editing is bad (in fact, the production of this whole show is kind of all over the place). Nobody is really sure what's going on or how anything works. 

Priscilla seems cool but guarded. Oddly, I think she's intimidated by the other girls when she should focus more on what she can offer Shep. 

Lastly, can they show more of Shep's friend from the beach? That stunning brunette in the grey bikini! Gorgeous. They only showed brief flashes of her, and she's probably married to one of Shep's loser trust fund friends. But I'd prefer more of her than whoever mystery girl is. 

I'm trying to think, how many girls did Shep meet then invite? I think he invited just about everyone (except Summer and not sommelier). It seems odd to only have 5 women, given how much this mimics the Bachelor. Plus, I think the two girls he was the most into were the ones who turned him down. Can't say I see him ending up with any of these five. I doubt he'll pick the producer, but if he did that's pretty lame. 

I think the first Priscilla was meant to be Peyton as you have her twice but otherwise you described them perfectly. 

• Love 2

Shep has his hands full trying to keep all five women happy, so when a surprise guest shows up, the dream house turns tense. Shep attempts to handle the sticky situation the best he can, but the combination of high stress and hot tempers builds to an imminent explosion at a birthday party. 

Happy New Year!  Shep is back, still pretending he's looking for love.

• Love 5
On 12/22/2017 at 10:58 PM, Neurochick said:

This show is affecting my sleep.

I had a dream/nightmare that Shep asked me to marry him.

At least the last trust fund guy I went out with had a “job” that he went to every day.  

Just a guess, but I suspect you'd say something similar to Sheppie as the Brazilian woman did (about having no ambition) -- and maybe with an eyeroll or 2 added in?  That was pretty much the best moment of this show. Or maybe it was Sheppie's flummoxed reaction, where he looked like he was gonna cry.  Heh, heh, that I really liked.  Sheesh, this show has been quickly heading downhill since.

I don't believe for a sec that Sheppie's gonna end up with the producer.  And I still don't give a fuck about her.  Nope, Sheppie ain't gonna end up with anyone.  Mr. Lazyass/Slob is just gonna go on banging random young stupid drunk chicks in Charleston, who are dumb enough or drunk enough to let him have his way with them.  The "Sheppie looking for love" shtick of this show is absolute bullshit.  

Oh, and Cams, your bullshit on this show really bugs.

• Love 5

Shep seems to have plenty of money to live well and help fund a comfortable lifestyle.

He may even be able to pay by himself for a wife and family if he chooses to raise a family.

So why does he need to have a job or even want to pursue a career?

If he has the money, why does he have to demonstrate a "get up and go" attitude?

Should women not be attracted to him because even though he may be a millionaire, he's not trying to make even a bigger fortune?

Or should he just toil away in some job so he doesn't party all the time?  

If he has no monetary reason to work, it may be too easy for him to blow off work or just quit.  

So does Shep, or for that matter all men, need to be type A or an alpha male in order to be attractive to women?

2 hours ago, scrb said:

Shep seems to have plenty of money to live well and help fund a comfortable lifestyle.

He may even be able to pay by himself for a wife and family if he chooses to raise a family.

So why does he need to have a job or even want to pursue a career?

If he has the money, why does he have to demonstrate a "get up and go" attitude?

Should women not be attracted to him because even though he may be a millionaire, he's not trying to make even a bigger fortune?

Or should he just toil away in some job so he doesn't party all the time?  

If he has no monetary reason to work, it may be too easy for him to blow off work or just quit.  

So does Shep, or for that matter all men, need to be type A or an alpha male in order to be attractive to women?

I can only speak for myself but laziness is not attractive no matter how much money someone has. His lack of work ethic is only a symptom of a larger, overall turn off.

Someone who has passion for something is attractive. It doesn’t even have to be a job that makes money if that aspect is already covered, but a dude that sleeps till 1pm and sloths around the rest of the day is just….useless? Don’t you LOVE anything? Don’t you feel ambition for ANYTHING?

I don’t care if it’s some obscure hobby but show you’ve got a reason to get out of bed and change out of your pjs. Banging chicks from the bar doesn’t count.

If Shep was passionate or creative about any damn thing and showed some motivation of any sort then it would matter a whole lot less that he sleeps all day and has no job.

Plenty of folks are productive at night. Shep is not. Plenty of people are productive without a “job”. Shep is….not.

I don’t know, but I think it’s less about wanting him to go make more money and more about wanting to see some spark, instead of dead eyes and a rich but otherwise boring as fuck future.

It may seem like I'm picking on the guy here and really I'm not trying to, he's harmless enough and seems nice enough, but it's hard to miss the fact that he's aimless.

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, rideashire said:

I can only speak for myself but laziness is not attractive no matter how much money someone has. His lack of work ethic is only a symptom of a larger, overall turn off.

Someone who has passion for something is attractive. It doesn’t even have to be a job that makes money if that aspect is already covered, but a dude that sleeps till 1pm and sloths around the rest of the day is just….useless? Don’t you LOVE anything? Don’t you feel ambition for ANYTHING?

I don’t care if it’s some obscure hobby but show you’ve got a reason to get out of bed and change out of your pjs. Banging chicks from the bar doesn’t count.

If Shep was passionate or creative about any damn thing and showed some motivation of any sort then it would matter a whole lot less that he sleeps all day and has no job.

Plenty of folks are productive at night. Shep is not. Plenty of people are productive without a “job”. Shep is….not.

I don’t know, but I think it’s less about wanting him to go make more money and more about wanting to see some spark, instead of dead eyes and a rich but otherwise boring as fuck future.

It may seem like I'm picking on the guy here and really I'm not trying to, he's harmless enough and seems nice enough, but it's hard to miss the fact that he's aimless.

Agreed. With all the money and opportunity he was given (and Whitney and Ravenal) all they've done is squander it to feed their own vanity. They don't need to get jobs, but they could give back or provide SOMETHING to society. Instead, they drink, do drugs, live off of other people's money, and have one night stands with young, vulnerable women because they're too insecure to have a real relationship with someone who might challenge them or call them out on their BS. 

• Love 4

Presumably if he got into a relationship, especially move in with someone, his daily habits would change, like he wouldn't sleep until 1 PM.

Now if she continues to work, they'd fit their schedules around each other.

They say that married couples, after they retire, find it difficult to be around each other for so many hours during the day, compared to when one or both were working and had to dedicate most of their day to work.

Plus some women may resent that he doesn't have to get up to go to work while they do.  

Shep does have some interests, like literature and being educated and well-spoken in general.  Is that so much worse than say if he was into cars or bowling or whatever hobbies?

• Love 1

Shep lacks focus and drive.  I tend to think this is the result of a few things.  I'd wager he was spoon-fed a little too much early on and has yet to experience anything that demands much focus or drive.  And he certainly doesn't come by either naturally. I also think that certain things come easier to him than they do others.  He's super smart and personable.  Combined with an accessible bankroll, he can open a bar or whatever in the blink of an eye.  For most, it would take years.   In this way, he doesn't have to work as much or as hard as others.

I also think Shep is naturally inquisitive and loves experiencing people, life, the world, etc.  Next to women, just absorbing life is his version of a candy store.  He can't get enough.

He's a little bit "all over the place". For those who like a more structured life with clear goals, etc., a relationship with Shep would be hard.

I'd love to know what he is on the Meyers Briggs.   My type is sort of a big-picture idea person who likes to learn and experiment.  I'm a little "all over the place" myself and I recall reading that my personality type can be difficult for children because we don't provide the structure and routine kids need.  Learning that about myself was a light-bulb moment where my kids were concerned.  Could be Shep has a personality type that makes it hard for certain other personality types.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
On 12/24/2017 at 0:24 AM, scrb said:

So he isn't the toddler in your household.  Many people are comfortable in their finances and find SOMETHING to do.  You can get involved in charities.  Anything but laying around drinking and doing drugs.  At 37 he should have figured it out by now.

• Love 2

Well, I don't know that Southern Charm gives a completely accurate depiction of his daily life.

Sure they want to show him sleeping until 1 PM because it fit a story line.  But we don't really know if that's a regular habit with him or they just filmed him a couple of times partying and decided to make it his story line for the season.

For all we know, he's got some interests but the producers aren't interested in showing that as much as the idle-rich playboy.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, scrb said:

Well, I don't know that Southern Charm gives a completely accurate depiction of his daily life.

Sure they want to show him sleeping until 1 PM because it fit a story line.  But we don't really know if that's a regular habit with him or they just filmed him a couple of times partying and decided to make it his story line for the season.

For all we know, he's got some interests but the producers aren't interested in showing that as much as the idle-rich playboy.

He said it was his regular habit but he did move so isn't doing it as much anymore. Based on his insragram his interests are golf, surfing, drinking, and U of Georgia football, so pretty much how he is shown.

• Love 3

I tried to watch this show, despite declarations that I wouldn't even bother. I wish I hadn't even bothered. It's boring. He seems to think pulling goofy facial reactions to being called out as a player is "funny". Meh. Most of the girls seem nice enough, and I'm sure they enjoyed filming for a paycheck and TV exposure, but it all just seems so forced and fake. 

Who is the target audience anyway? 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Who is the target audience anyway? 

As much as Andy Cohen likes Shep, I doubt he would have greenlit this show back when he was an exec at Bravo. You need to have a lot of personality or a lot going on in your life to sustain what is basically a boring dating show. He greenlit shows with Chris March, Kathy Griffin, Rachel Zoe, Kelly Cutrone, and Queer Eye. Shep has personality, but not enough to sustain this show and not nearly enough going on in his life to make him more interesting.

• Love 5
On December 29, 2017 at 5:48 AM, HunterHunted said:

As much as Andy Cohen likes Shep, I doubt he would have greenlit this show back when he was an exec at Bravo. You need to have a lot of personality or a lot going on in your life to sustain what is basically a boring dating show. He greenlit shows with Chris March, Kathy Griffin, Rachel Zoe, Kelly Cutrone, and Queer Eye. Shep has personality, but not enough to sustain this show and not nearly enough going on in his life to make him more interesting.

I haven't watch SC in a few seasons, but my guess is they're trying to expand the brand. They probably wish Craig was single (I think I heard him say he was in a relationship), he's got more of the typical "Bachelor" charm. Nice looking, especially in a suit, and can be just interesting enough for women to pursue him (and camera time).

Shep is just lame. They're not even building this up under the guise that Shep is maturing through the "process". Case in point, in LA when the stylist pointed out his poor wardrobe I assumed Shep would get a makeover of sorts. They're next to Rodeo Drive for crying out loud! Instead, Shep won't learn or change or grow (even pretend for the show). And so he's being exposed as a rich kid who never really did anything with his life. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Craig was single (I think I heard him say he was in a relationship)

When they filmed this Craig was dating Naomi but they broke up over the summer. Though I doubt Craig has the personality to carry a show alone and I think Naomi got custody of Gizmo so he would be solo.

• Love 3

What is the attraction to sheep.... he’s one ugly ma fucker .... those horse teeth ... nappy hair entitled personality ... if he didn’t have money women wouldn’t look twice at this d bag .... he’s a 15 yr old trapped in an old mans body .... 

• Love 9

This show cannot keep my attention, but I perked up when we found out JD’s name is John David! I mean, in retrospect, I guess that wouldn’t have been too difficult to guess, but i’ll take it as a show highlight!

• Love 4

Why is Shep such a slob??  He never looked this bad on Southern Charm.  I wouldn't trust the ladies around Craig and Austen when Shep looks so bad.  

I don't understand all these weird profile shots with his producer, Sarah.  We never see her head on for some reason.  

• Love 5

Is it me or does Sheppie look like more of a gross wreck with each passing ep?  Sheesh, he really looked like such a fucking mess in this ep.  Good for Arden for getting out.  She's way too much of a class act to be involved with this bullshit.

The premise of this show is leaving me baffled.  Sheppie looks unattractive as hell.  He's thoroughly charmless.  And he looks downright unclean.  Why the fuck would ANY of these women want to compete for his attention?  A Bravo paycheck & the op to be on national TV is the only reason I can think of.  So it makes this shit too fake for me to be interested in anymore.  I tuned out halfway thru.  I'm out for good on this one.

• Love 6

I really have lost interest in this show other than to feel sorry for the women who allowed themselves to be humiliated by being on this show.  I agree with what the other posters have said, Shep has no charm and is becoming less attractive as the show goes on. Peyton looked totally foolish going on and on about him but the arrogance of his comparing his situation with how his mother and father would be was ridiculous. No your mother wouldn't be yelling at your father because he wouldn't have five women in the house. He sure thinks he and his family are special,doesn't he?

• Love 9

Haven't watched the whole episode yet, although I saw a clip of the gals not being thrilled to meet Landon((unlike the far more well-received Cameron)), particularly the Brazilian chick who exclaimed, "What a weirdo!"

Landon really has a way of completely turning other women off her, for whatever reason...too bad she squicks out Shep romantically as well since she's likely the only woman who'd put up with his bullshit.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Haven't watched the whole episode yet, although I saw a clip of the gals not being thrilled to meet Landon((unlike the far more well-received Cameron)), particularly the Brazilian chick who exclaimed, "What a weirdo!"

Landon really has a way of completely turning other women off her, for whatever reason...too bad she squicks out Shep romantically as well since she's likely the only woman who'd put up with his bullshit.

Yeah that was typical Landon. She asks what they’re there for. The Brazilian one semi sarcastically says, a free vacation. Landon gets all faux indignant, like, if you aren’t here to GET MARRIED then you’re wasting everyone’s time. Like please, Lady. It’s not like SHEP wants to marry these women either.

• Love 7