Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I don't think Jana is staying for the younger siblings because I'm not sure she sees her parents in the same light as some of us do. I think she would need time and distance, and maybe even her own children, to even have a chance to recognize any deficits in JB's & M's parenting.

Jill is parenting very much like Michelle, and Jessa is doing some things differently, or wanting us to think she is. But both only have one child and it's harder to deny and hide reality when you have a couple or more kids.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think Jana is staying for the younger siblings because I'm not sure she sees her parents in the same light as some of us do. I think she would need time and distance, and maybe even her own children, to even have a chance to recognize any deficits in JB's & M's parenting.

Jill is parenting very much like Michelle, and Jessa is doing some things differently, or wanting us to think she is. But both only have one child and it's harder to deny and hide reality when you have a couple or more kids.

This. I dont think she sees them as as terrible parents as we do. I think she bought into it all hook line and sinker, that if she's 'good' and 'holy' she'll be blessed with the Fundie version of a Disney Prince. However, JimBob has done nothing nothing nothing to broker a marriage to Jana, and she hasn't been proactive herself. No matter what these women say, just like in every conservatice religion/culture, the women do the matchmaking. Dads may finalize, but moms and sisters do all the legwork.

Michelle hates Jana. She's not going to help the willful stubborn Jana. I never got the impression Jill or Jessa really liked her either, especially Jessa, so she doesn't have a big sister to facilitate a push. Unless JD or Joe or someone steps up, Jana is stuck playing sister mom to all those kids.

Jana may also have enough sense to know that her sisters chose grifters with no real earning potential (I'm so disappointed in derrick squandering a career to beg for donations), but she actually wants someone with a Bible and an income and who doesn't treat her like property.

If she really wants out, she'll read some scripture about Ruth or Esther, a biblical woman who was a little more proactive, and make her own match. Doubt it will happen though. Until Prince Charming walks through the door, Jana is Stuck. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

Jana

IMG_7474.PNG

Well it looks like Jana got to have some friends over to watch the results with as well as to go shopping at Lowe's. I know there's the accountability partner thing but it's nice to see she's around people that aren't family. I'm hoping the girls got to keep the dipped strawberries to themselves without being handled & sampled by the younger crowd.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Well it looks like Jana got to have some friends over to watch the results with as well as to go shopping at Lowe's. I know there's the accountability partner thing but it's nice to see she's around people that aren't family. I'm hoping the girls got to keep the dipped strawberries to themselves without being handled & sampled by the younger crowd.  

The lady in the picture that is in Lowes and fixing the shower head with Jana commented on the photo. She has a masters from the University of Texas in Arlington and is a schoolteacher. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I didn't recognize her at first. She looks a lot like Jill when making some of those faces. 

I thought it was Jill at first in the Lowe's picture.  She looks like Jessa in the one fixing the shower.

10 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

The lady in the picture that is in Lowes and fixing the shower head with Jana commented on the photo. She has a masters from the University of Texas in Arlington and is a schoolteacher. 

Very impressive!  How in the world did they ever cross paths?  I'm glad they did though. 

Side note :  Not sure if sandals are the best shoes to wear while balancing on the ledge of a tub even if they had rubber soles. 

• Love 5

I'm glad that Jana isn't sitting around with leaky showers and taking initiative to learn to do something useful and non Sister Mom related. 

I also wonder why, with all those brothers around, and an emphasis on men doing manly man work and knowing how to fix things, etc., simple household repairs aren't already taken care of. You know the guys aren't going to cook or anything.

Those little howler boys, who are all up in their teens now, are going to be the most useless grown men on the planet. They've done nothing but run rampant and smirk their whole lives. Theyre going to be so entitled, yet resentful, it's going to be scary. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Those little howler boys, who are all up in their teens now, are going to be the most useless grown men on the planet. They've done nothing but run rampant and smirk their whole lives. Theyre going to be so entitled, yet resentful, it's going to be scary. 

It will be Smuggar: The Next Generation. Entitled, yet resentful describes his personality to a tee.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

What   I don't  understand  , they seemed  to hand dip strawberries  but made microwave  popcorn  .  Making  it on the stove  is very easy, tastes better  and cheaper  . 

That wouldn't generate enough trash.  They have a quota to meet every day, didn't you know?  The Duggars are obligated to create a ton of garbage every day.  They need that chemical-coated popcorn bag so they can take it to to the dump down the street so it can live there forever. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm glad that Jana isn't sitting around with leaky showers and taking initiative to learn to do something useful and non Sister Mom related. 

I also wonder why, with all those brothers around, and an emphasis on men doing manly man work and knowing how to fix things, etc., simple household repairs aren't already taken care of. You know the guys aren't going to cook or anything.

FU internetz! We don't just care about girls getting their hair and nails done like how we say in every J'girl's birthday video! For the love of God someone please marry her!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Aja said:

For the love of God someone please marry her!

I know, right? This is getting embarrassing. What sucks for Jana is she doesn't have a bestie shipping for her the way Jessa did for Jinger. I hate to say it, but I don't think Jeremy would've gone for Jinger if Jessa hadn't finagled things behind the scenes. Jill's an emotional wreck with no life or friends, so Jana won't get much help there, and there's no incentive for Michelle to cut loose her favorite nanny/maid/housekeeper/scapegoat. If Jana wants to escape the TTH, she's on her  own.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't know how you can say that. They're all going to combine manly careers like mechanic (for JIzm Bob's vehicles) with preaching ministries that, no doubt, will bring thousands (at least) to God. Joy, among others, has told us again and again that Jizm Bob does more to develop his children for productive adulthood than any other father on the planet.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I know, right? This is getting embarrassing. What sucks for Jana is she doesn't have a bestie shipping for her the way Jessa did for Jinger. I hate to say it, but I don't think Jeremy would've gone for Jinger if Jessa hadn't finagled things behind the scenes. Jill's an emotional wreck with no life or friends, so Jana won't get much help there, and there's no incentive for Michelle to cut loose her favorite nanny/maid/housekeeper/scapegoat. If Jana wants to escape the TTH, she's on her  own.

THIS THIS THIS THIS x 1000%. Unless maybe Joe intervenes, (JD has zero personality and will end up with whatever wife they pick for him, and by 'they' it will probably be Jessa and Jinger), Jana is SOL. Jana will not make a move herself. Will not happen. This goes against everything she's been brainwashed to believe, and she doesn't seem to work her way around things like Jessa, etc.

JIMBOB THIS IS YOUR FAULT - HELP BROKER HER A HUSBAND. THIS LOOKS EMBARASSING ON YOUR PART.

If Jana had expressed she doesn't want to be married, I'd respect that. But she says she does want to get married, so JIM BOB GET THE LEAD OUT. Baby Factory is closed. Michelle has no one under what, 7? She can raise her own kids. Help Jana out.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know how you can say that. They're all going to combine manly careers like mechanic (for JIzm Bob's vehicles) with preaching ministries that, no doubt, will bring thousands (at least) to God. Joy, among others, has told us again and again that Jizm Bob does more to develop his children for productive adulthood than any other father on the planet.

Joy is drunker on the Koolaid than all the others combined. She did seem really annoyed to take over Jessa's buddy group, so I used to have hopes for her. All it took was a few pedicures and the adoration of her sisters for her to dive right into the same exact track. She'll be a teenage bride for sure.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I heard on the last episode of Counting On...Jinger said John David taught her how to make bread.

• Love 7

Momma Bates has complimented Jana a couple of times and then failed to say anything about the other older Duggar girls. I always thought that telling. Now that her competing age daughter's are hooked up maybe she'll turn a qualified man Jana's way. Kelly seems really good at matchmaking.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Is there a Bates boy jana's age? I know the Bates seem to barely tolerate Jim Bob and Michelle, but I think Jana might be the one to actually leave the Duggar compound if she needed to for marriage.

I think Lawson is around 25, but the only other one close in age would've been Zach. I'm not sure how old Nathan is. 

4 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

I heard on the last episode of Counting On...Jinger said John David taught her how to make bread.

Maybe, like Jana, JD is a bit of an aberration when it comes to the boys. It does kind of seem to me that the elder twins have basically been raised as a pair of house slaves, so they're required to be willing to work and to have multiple competencies.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

I think its a Gothard thing to bake bread so otherwise I'd bet they wouldn't do it. Nice when we hear about one of the boys actually doing something but it always seems to be JD.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Almost 3000 said:

I think its a Gothard thing to bake bread so otherwise I'd bet they wouldn't do it. Nice when we hear about one of the boys actually doing something but it always seems to be JD.

He had that thing where Gothard families were supposed to grind their own wheat and make enough bread for the day. literal interpretation of 'give us this day, our daily bread' from the Lord's Prayer.

not sure how long that was a mandate. 

JD and Jana both seem to have more useful household skills than any of them, but very vanilla pudding personalities. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it's preferable for house slaves to be personality free.

Quote of the week, that. Sad but true.

For all their blathering about womanly virtues, none of those girls actually has ANY skill

• Love 7
16 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

I don't believe that for a second. At most, JD said, "Hey, wife of my buddy made this really good bread. Here's the recipe."

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yes, like Dobby!!!! 

image.jpeg

Of course the Duggars wouldn't have a clue who Dobby is.  The kids would probably be sent to Alert or Journey of the Heart if they got caught with a copy of Harry Potter.

• Love 5
On 11/10/2016 at 8:51 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Because despite what patriarchal societies would like us to believe, women in such societies really do most of the labor of all types. The men have important things to do like hunt, go to war, and be looked up at with adoring gazes by the women & children (& TLC audience).  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Of course the Duggars wouldn't have a clue who Dobby is.  The kids would probably be sent to Alert or Journey of the Heart if they got caught with a copy of Harry Potter.

That's an evangelical thing for sure. My cousin homeschools her 4 kids ( they go to some church where the congregation speaks in tongues- I don;t really know what denomination but they seem kind of baptisty to me- no drinking ect) but my cousin actually works outside the home so IDK

But my whole point is at one point my cousins kid ( she was like 6 at the time) told me that Harry Potter is from the devil.... so yeah. I'm gonna say they probably only know its Satan's favorite book series. I doubt the littles have even heard of it. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Because despite what patriarchal societies would like us to believe, women in such societies really do most of the labor of all types. The men have important things to do like hunt, go to war, and be looked up at with adoring gazes by the women & children (& TLC audience).  

Except when they're not hunting or going to war they're expecting their meals and their mates to be joyfully available.  

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

That's an evangelical thing for sure. My cousin homeschools her 4 kids ( they go to some church where the congregation speaks in tongues- I don;t really know what denomination but they seem kind of baptisty to me- no drinking ect) but my cousin actually works outside the home so IDK

But my whole point is at one point my cousins kid ( she was like 6 at the time) told me that Harry Potter is from the devil.... so yeah. I'm gonna say they probably only know its Satan's favorite book series. I doubt the littles have even heard of it. 

And the probably think the same of, oh, the Confessions of St. Augustine. And don't even talk to me about, say, an ordinary 10th-grade biology textbook.

Such rich minds those kids get to have. No wonder they're do dim.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Defrauder said:

Except when they're not hunting or going to war they're expecting their meals and their mates to be joyfully available.  

When's the last time one of these idiots either hunted or went to war? They just play with guns to make themselves look manly. And they barely do that. Shit, the women represent better at the gun range than these "men."

• Love 12
On 11/9/2016 at 6:30 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

What   I don't  understand  , they seemed  to hand dip strawberries  but made microwave  popcorn  .  Making  it on the stove  is very easy, tastes better  and cheaper  . 

I think it depends on what you're use to having. I grew up on air popped popcorn and can barely stomach the microwaved stuff. My 23 yo son has been making his own microwave popcorn as an afternoon snack since he was in 1st grade (the youngest of 5 learns early if he wants to eat!) and that's what he prefers.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I think it depends on what you're use to having. I grew up on air popped popcorn and can barely stomach the microwaved stuff. My 23 yo son has been making his own microwave popcorn as an afternoon snack since he was in 1st grade (the youngest of 5 learns early if he wants to eat!) and that's what he prefers.

This - I can find fault in so many things they do, that microwave popcorn doesn't even come close to making the list. I'm just glad Jana is allowed to have some friends.

• Love 14
On 11/12/2016 at 9:21 AM, Sew Sumi said:

When's the last time one of these idiots either hunted or went to war? They just play with guns to make themselves look manly. And they barely do that. Shit, the women represent better at the gun range than these "men."

You can say that again.