Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, Zella said:

I could be proven wrong when they get married on April 3, but do you know what makes me think it's fake? The fact they're inviting guests to view a livestream instead of attend in person like every single other fundie pandemic wedding. I don't believe any of these people for a minute give a shit about following COVID protocols. 

Agree, they don’t give a rats ass about precautions or safety. And I don’t think Duggars would ever miss an opportunity to milk a courtship, engagement, and wedding for all the tv time, sm buzz, and gifts they can possibly get. No benefit to them to do this on the sly. 

@Jeeves we posted at the same time!  😊

Edited by awaken
  • Love 14
45 minutes ago, Zella said:

I suppose that's possible, but if that is the case, I'd love to know the internal brouhaha that decided that Justin's wedding wasn't worthy of following protocol to be filmed but Jed!'s was. 

Texas has no mask mandates maybe that’s why TLC didn’t film. Just a guess.

Jed has such a smug face. I can’t look at him lol. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, awaken said:

Agree, they don’t give a rats ass about precautions or safety. And I don’t think Duggars would ever miss an opportunity to milk a courtship, engagement, and wedding for all the tv time, sm buzz, and gifts they can possibly get. No benefit to them to do this on the sly. 

@Jeeves we posted at the same time!  😊

And our great minds are thinking similar things! 🙂

• Love 1

I'm not really sure COVID protocols are driving this, the more I think about it. In Arkansas, restrictions on large gatherings became guidelines in late February, so if the wedding is in Arkansas, nothing is technically stopping them from inviting a lot of people. The mask mandate is still in effect here, but it may expire before the wedding, depending on the positivity rate, and enforcement is entirely dependent on the business in question. 

17 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, maybe between TLC's backing off of shooting more footage because of the pandemic, and the Duggar boys being inherently dull and fungible, there wasn't much media buzz about Justin and Claire. Certainly not enough buzz to cause JB to worry about losing brand exposure (and valuable footage for The Show) by not putting Jed! and Katey through the paces of a public engagement. 

I think you might be onto something. I have often thought they were going to hit a wall when it came to marrying off all these interchangeable, boring boys. The older girls at least had their own distinctive personalities that you could tell them apart. Maybe they think being terribly mysterious about it will generate more interest. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

Would it matter to them that that’s the day between Good Friday and Easter? I’m not Christian, but it feels a bit like taking away from a weekend that should be focused on things more important than a wedding?

That question arose when a registry surfaced a couple of weeks ago with the same wedding date. It would also make the rehearsal on Good Friday, unless they had it on Thursday instead. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Maybe Jim Bob thinks it's a fortuitous weekend to try to resurrect interest in his flailing family. 😉  

Seriously, though, I agree the Easter timing is weird. I'm not going to say the wedding is not real. But if it is real, there are just multiple things about it that are very strange. Not gonna lie, my curiosity is piqued. I feel like I'm playing into their hands. . . . 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Yeah, I was just trying to imagine signing up to look at that face every day and night for the rest of my life and participate in passing those smug-face genes on to my children and, uh, no.

If this is true....that poor girl. Of course, it'll be true for some poor little brainwashed slob sooner or later, so why not this one, I guess. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I was just trying to imagine signing up to look at that face every day and night for the rest of my life and participate in passing those smug-face genes on to my children and, uh, no.

If this is true....that poor girl. Of course, it'll be true for some poor little brainwashed slob sooner or later, so why not this one, I guess. 

Well, she's a submissive little Gothard girl, so in their circles, she's a catch. 🙄

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

Would it matter to them that that’s the day between Good Friday and Easter? I’m not Christian, but it feels a bit like taking away from a weekend that should be focused on things more important than a wedding?

I was a Christian once, and in a very liberal mainline church, not anything strait-laced like in Duggardom. My church taught confirmation classes about world religions -- without even implying that they were worse than the one we were in......And I can't imagine somebody sticking a big wedding right in the middle of the Easter weekend. If they've done that, it's odd, to say the least. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I can see that she is!.......Smugly-Duggar-faced Jed!, on the other hand....😁

He's up there with Smuggar in terms of sheer...smugness. And in recent months, he showed what a nasty human he is. 

• Love 14

If this is true, it's very weird that no courtship was announced. The only other Duggar where they introduced the soon-to-be-spouse was Josh, and 19K&C was barely a thing at the time nor were the Duggars as famous as they are now.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

If this is true, it's very weird that no courtship was announced. The only other Duggar where they introduced the soon-to-be-spouse was Josh, and 19K&C was barely a thing at the time nor were the Duggars as famous as they are now.

Even Smuggar's engagement was filmed for 17 K&C. But who knows? Maybe Ked's was filmed and will be seen whenever the show returns. 

• Love 2

Of all the Duggars, Jedidiahs face bugs me the most. Michelles face is a close second, especially when she wears her glasses perched on the end of her nose.They both have a face that's smackable. Repeatedly. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Yes, this could all be fake news - and Jed! is going to spend a lot more time in his old bunk bed at the TTH instead of getting laid, er, I mean entering into holy wedlock. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

wasn't it just like a month ago Jed! was going to marry Lauren Caldwell?

Two weeks. I was sitting in the dentist's chair when I read about the Jed/Lauren pairing.

eta That rumor came from the Sun, so I know I took it with boulders of salt. 😁

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 11

WOACB is right! A Redditor figured out the password to the Zola registry, and all the info (and pictures) are there. Hopefully, someone can figure out how to watch (looks like it will be on YouTube). I love me a good fundie wedding! 😁

• Useful 7
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

WOACB is right! A Redditor figured out the password to the Zola registry, and all the info (and pictures) are there. Hopefully, someone can figure out how to watch (looks like it will be on YouTube). I love me a good fundie wedding! 😁

LOL This is insane, but I'm here for it! Especially when they figure out the beans have been spilled. Wonder if that's going to trigger a Duggar mole hunt. 

giphy.gif

I noticed the engagement pictures were full of snow. Wondering if this was in the aftermath of the winter storms in mid-February? If so, it's a very quick engagement too. 

Also, I'm totally envisioning Hilaria's head exploding over her family's wedding getting less attention. (Nobody try to take this from me with facts and logic.)

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

TLC aired one episode called A Quarantine Courtship. The episode was an hour long. They litterally aired one minute of an announcement for Justin and Claire. They had a little press for the engagment and wedding, and none of this has TLC yet. It may be that TLC is one the verge of cutting the cord. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Temperance said:

TLC aired one episode called A Quarantine Courtship. The episode was an hour long. They litterally aired one minute of an announcement for Justin and Claire. They had a little press for the engagment and wedding, and none of this has TLC yet. It may be that TLC is one the verge of cutting the cord. 

Yes, that episode was the season finale, filmed last May or thereabouts. We still have no idea when a new season will air. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

IF this isn't fake, I'd bet a hot dinner that she's knocked up. That's the only reason that could account for the hush and rush. 

This is the first thing that came to my mind to. Boy, that would be a scandal, wouldn't it?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

They're getting married Easter Saturday. This is strange to someone raised Catholic. 

Yes, I agree.  But I guess Jim Bob figures the church will already be decorated for Easter, so he won't have to spend any money?  Or do fundies decorate for Easter?

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

They're getting married Easter Saturday. This is strange to someone raised Catholic. 

Strange to me too and I wasn't raised Catholic. 

Maybe this is why they're having the livestream, because many folks will be home with their families celebrating Easter. 

But why would anyone pick that date? Someone must have said something about the holiday at one point during the planning. Even if the bride and groom thinks its fine, they most know its not the best date for their guests.

Everything about this possibly true wedding is bizarre. 

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

But wedding without announced courting and engagement is weird.

Was he seen anywhere with her before?

I think last summer there was talk of maybe a courtship, so they must have been around each other since then.

Could it be, her family is private and only agreed to a down low courtship and wedding?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

Yep. And I think it's strange to anyone who's been around just about any religion, actually -- Virtually all religions have a small number of very high holy days each year. And as far as I've ever heard, it'd be bizarre to schedule personal events you're asking a lot of people to attend smack dab in the middle of those particular days, pretty much the world over.

Easter week is that occasion for Christians. Are they really going to have a rehearsal dinner on Good Friday? Or are they having it on Maundy Thursday so they can call it the {Almost) Last (Virgin) Supper? 

Or maybe it's a ploy to increase the wedding ROI by getting all the invited guests to just send their gifts but stay home themselves so you don't need to feed them any snacks. (although the Nakatsu's look like they have plenty of money. Dad's a fairly young retired Intel and Cisco executive, it appears.)

This does explain the otherwise mysterious Arizona trips, I guess. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 10
56 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

But wedding without announced courting and engagement is weird.

Was he seen anywhere with her before?

I vaguely remember something from last year (or maybe even the year before?) when the twins were talked about in connection with two (or maybe three??) specific girls, with Katelyn Nakatsu being one of them. I don't remember whether a specific twin was linked to a specific woman or whether there was just a short list of women and then mention of "the twins," though. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I said the same recently about a picture of him.  Makes my hand twitchy with wanting to slap that look off his face.

10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Texas' statewide anti-mask mandate went into force the Monday after their wedding. However, Hilaria was PROUD to announce that there was no mask mandate in the county where the wedding was held. 

Oh, well that's different then.  The Covid knew to stay out of their county, problem solved.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Or maybe it's a ploy to increase the wedding ROI by getting all the invited guests to just send their gifts but stay home themselves so you don't need to feed them any snacks. (although the Nakatsu's look like they have plenty of money. Dad's a fairly young retired Intel and Cisco executive, it appears.)

That is going to make things interesting, very interesting.   Unlikely the Duggar lifestyle in AK is going to suit.   Yep, now I'm very interested to watch this play out.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep. And I think it's strange to anyone who's been around just about any religion, actually -- Virtually all religions have a small number of very high holy days each year. And as far as I've ever heard, it'd be bizarre to schedule personal events you're asking a lot of people to attend smack dab in the middle of those particular days, pretty much the world over.

Easter week is that occasion for Christians. Are they really going to have a rehearsal dinner on Good Friday? Or are they having it on Maundy Thursday so they can call it the {Almost) Last (Virgin) Supper? 

This does explain the otherwise mysterious Arizona trips, I guess. 

My ex husband remarried on Good Friday. We are Catholic, there was an uproar in his family. Even I thought it was weird. Easter is not a wedding day! 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He's up there with Smuggar in terms of sheer...smugness. And in recent months, he showed what a nasty human he is. 

What has happened to show he's a nasty person? I really don't know who which boy is which, except the first two, so I don't pay any attention to anything about them really. I do agree though that appearance-wise, he's right up there with Josh on the smackable face. 

• Love 6

Do we know for certain TLC didn't film the wedding? Seems odd that they wouldn't since they "broke" Justin and Claire's courtship announcement. 

As for Jed and Katey, well.... I'll believe it when I see it?

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

What has happened to show he's a nasty person? I really don't know who which boy is which, except the first two, so I don't pay any attention to anything about them really. I do agree though that appearance-wise, he's right up there with Josh on the smackable face. 

It can't be discussed due to the politics rule. But if you google what he was up to last year, it should come up. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The dad is "young and retired"? Is he doubling down in his Gothard beliefs?

Is he now a preaching landscaper or preaching mechanic?

I looked him up; he's on LinkedIn. Yes, he's retired, and a volunteer pilot for Angel Wings West, which appears to be a non-religious and reputable charity. I found the family blog which has Gothard-y stuff but doesn't seem to have been updated lately. It looks like Katey graduated HS in May 2016. I took a quick look at it, have no idea if she was home-schooled. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I looked him up; he's on LinkedIn. Yes, he's retired, and a volunteer pilot for Angel Wings West, which appears to be a non-religious and reputable charity. I found the family blog which has Gothard-y stuff but doesn't seem to have been updated lately. It looks like Katey graduated HS in May 2016. I took a quick look at it, have no idea if she was home-schooled. 

I read somewhere they're followers of the IBLP and have attended Big Sandy events.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3