Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Jana wouldn't play at her own wedding, would she?

Jana will probably not only have to play, but make all the food and sew all the bridesmaid dresses. Jill and Jessa have babies now, they can't possibly be expected to contribute anything beyond their blessed presence.

• Love 20

Does all brainwashing have a fear component? I am thinking that any system that includes scaring you to death is probably extra hard to escape. The Duggars fear otherness, and also they are going to Hell forever if they step out of line. This also applies to the FLDS, of course. But maybe they were pushed so hard to the limits of endurance that it gave them courage and determination. The Duggars are pretty comfy as they sit around and wait for the Rapture. Well, there was Josh, but that is not part of their belief system.

• Love 1

That's an old picture. No one has permed their hair for at least two years. Joy used to wear her hair shorter, which is another hint; her hair is down to her ass now.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Why do they keep doing that? It's not as if each individual Duggar doesn't have at least 500 selfies on their respective phones.

• Love 5

Yeah, I noticed that too. Why do they keep doing that? It's not as if each individual Duggar doesn't have at least 500 selfies on their respective phones.

I wonder who currently has possession of The Flip Phone of Sin? Is it Josiah?

• Love 1

When Josh chose Anna, she probably felt very lucky and fortunate. Grandma's ranch house would seem like a mansion compared to the double wide in Florida, Anna was living the good life in Arkansas. The DC (Maryland) house was a palace compared to the double wide.

• Love 4

I will try, but can make no promises, as cheering on frightened, trapped women to break their bonds of physical and/or mental slavery is near and dear to me. Throw off patriarchy and stretching to achieve your own potential does not make one ungodly. It is heinous to me that it is always women expected to be joyfully available, sweetly accepting and forgiving, and unquestioningly obedient. Equality/equity for both genders, people. It's 2016 and way past due. God won't mind.

Nope. I didn't mean to imply that you should stop writing about it! That's for me, only.

I completely agree about trying to push the world in the direction of awareness, but I think we just have quite different ways of trying to do that. One of my teaching gurus, Alfred North Whitehead, said something that has rung true with my experience. It runs pretty much like this: You have to go where people are if you're to have any hope of taking them someplace else. ...

That idea underlies my philosophy of talking about changes I'd like to see made in the world. I'm even more devoted to this principle when I'm actually talking to people I'd like to convince and not just discussing them behind their backs! (Some of my friends say that it's because I'm a weenie. And who knows? They could be right!)

• Love 3

I really hope Jana is in a courtship with a decent man who actually deserves her....since nowhere does it say anything...perhaps the Duggars have finally learned not to say anything and give away their whole show before we get to watch it.

And public courtships that went sour like Zachary Bates and Sarah and Josiah and Marjorie were all premature. Since courtship rituals in Fundieland are blown way out of proportion because they're always such a huge deal...followed by too much public pressure for them to work out and a sense of catastrophic failure when they don't work out...

Just hoping that whatever Jana didn't see coming isn't about the loathsome Josh and is something nice for her for a change.

• Love 4

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.516618088471845.1073741827.510067475793573/786132161520435/?type=3&source=54

"Ginger" @ Starbucks, where you know they support the gays!

Having to wear an old lady polyester skirt and have bare, cold legs in winter must really be awful. Really, they can't even run an errand in town in jeans! Those Duggar young women are always dressed up with no where to go!

I've been on this forum too long - the name on the cup no longer looks normal to me.

• Love 9

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.516618088471845.1073741827.510067475793573/786132161520435/?type=3&source=54

Having to wear an old lady polyester skirt and have bare, cold legs in winter must really be awful. Really, they can't even run an errand in town in jeans! Those Duggar young women are always dressed up with no where to go!

My 90 year-old Grandmother used to wear skirts like that to Mass.

'Ginger' needs to eat a few croissants with that latte. She's withering away to nothing.

Props to the Starbucks employee who spelled the name right. He/she most definitely did not attend the SOTDT.

• Love 5

One leghumper Instagram I follow, just to see how stupid people can be (call it a social experiment :D ),  was SHOCKED that someone didn't know who this was and couldn't spell her name right. FFS! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9

2vkzwxc.jpg

God, it's like nobody knows how to spell Jinger!

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 4

My 90 year-old Grandmother used to wear skirts like that to Mass.

'Ginger' needs to eat a few croissants with that latte. She's withering away to nothing.

Restoring automobiles is hard work. Did you ever try to lift a car door?

• Love 3

Restoring automobiles is hard work. Did you ever try to lift a car door?

I wonder if they meant detailing cars. Restoring usually refers to vintage automobiles, you need a garage and it takes time. Detailing however involves a vacuum, some wax and a buffer. I'm guessing she is not restoring cars.

• Love 5

I wonder if they meant detailing cars. Restoring usually refers to vintage automobiles, you need a garage and it takes time. Detailing however involves a vacuum, some wax and a buffer. I'm guessing she is not restoring cars.

Yeah, I'm guessing the same. It's kind of like the difference between playing the piano and being a concert pianist. Still a mystery, though, since they seemed to go on to say that she's selling those cars. So she's what? Hanging around somebody's sales lot and cleaning up the stock as a volunteer? Or am I misleading myself by imagining that there's a tiny grain of truth in each of these stories? Probably.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

Use of a microfibre cloth suggests she (is this Jinger we're talking about?) thought about what she was doing and what would suit the purpose. These children weren't taught that, as far as I can see. Much more likely she ran the tea towel from the pretty kitchen over the dash, and then neatly returned it.

• Love 7

Use of a microfibre cloth suggests she (is this Jinger we're talking about?) thought about what she was doing and what would suit the purpose. These children weren't taught that, as far as I can see. Much more likely she ran the tea towel from the pretty kitchen over the dash, and then neatly returned it.

Or she brings Josie along.

• Love 9

She looks horrible. FreeJinger for sure.

One leghumper Instagram I follow, just to see how stupid people can be (call it a social experiment :D ),  was SHOCKED that someone didn't know who this was and couldn't spell her name right. FFS! 

She does look like she's an airport or possibly a train station. And LOL about the leghumper. The Duggars used to get, what, a few million viewers per episode? 5 million out of the US population of 300 million isn't much. Your average person is not likely to recognize one of them on their own. They might have a vague idea of the family and would possibly recognize them if the were all together.

I must have missed the auto work discussion. I just wish ANY of the adult kids could have some kind of real job!

• Love 3

They might have a vague idea of the family and would possibly recognize them if the were all together.

I find this to be true as well. Most of the folks I know have no clue who they are, and if they do they merge them together with Kate+8 or some other TV family.

To qualify that statement I don't know much about what they're watching either, because 80% of what many of them watch is on Netflix.

Can one get reality shows through Netflix?

I find this to be true as well. Most of the folks I know have no clue who they are, and if they do they merge them together with Kate+8 or some other TV family.

To qualify that statement I don't know much about what they're watching either, because 80% of what many of them watch is on Netflix.

Can one get reality shows through Netflix?

Great question and I have no idea because I hate almost every reality show! The Duggars are a rare departure from my usual British dramas, and I only watch them in a train wreck-y kind of way anyway.

t

Back to Marjorie, though, I cannot wait to see if she's back, and if so, if she will be forced by Boob to give up her pants. The Josiah interview in People was interesting -- I hope she came to realize how outrageously young that 17 is when it comes to making a decision like marriage.

• Love 1

Great question and I have no idea because I hate almost every reality show! The Duggars are a rare departure from my usual British dramas, and I only watch them in a train wreck-y kind of way anyway.

t

Back to Marjorie, though, I cannot wait to see if she's back, and if so, if she will be forced by Boob to give up her pants. The Josiah interview in People was interesting -- I hope she came to realize how outrageously young that 17 is when it comes to making a decision like marriage.

I get an opportunistic vibe from Marjorie. And I'm unsure how Gothard her family is, because she does wear pants. Even if they start courting again, I wouldn't be surprised at another break-up. If Marjorie's family is more mainstream they may look at courting as normal dating, and when young kids date it's rare when it leads to marriage.

I don't think Marjorie is cruel and is pretending to crush on Josiah, but I wouldn't be surprised if her family is like - sure go ahead and be in a courtship with him, but if it doesn't lead to marriage that's okay. They won't even be holding hands or kissing. So she can hang with her crush and get exposure for all her creative endeavors - a win-win for her.

• Love 4

The Duggars are a rare departure from my usual British dramas, and I only watch them in a train wreck-y kind of way anyway.

Ooh. Kindred soul. Netflix has turned me into a complete Anglophile junkie. British drama: where even the commonest of common criminals has more class than the Duggs.

• Love 8

I get an opportunistic vibe from Marjorie. And I'm unsure how Gothard her family is, because she does wear pants. Even if they start courting again, I wouldn't be surprised at another break-up. If Marjorie's family is more mainstream they may look at courting as normal dating, and when young kids date it's rare when it leads to marriage.

I don't think Marjorie is cruel and is pretending to crush on Josiah, but I wouldn't be surprised if her family is like - sure go ahead and be in a courtship with him, but if it doesn't lead to marriage that's okay. They won't even be holding hands or kissing. So she can hang with her crush and get exposure for all her creative endeavors - a win-win for her.

I'm not sure why this would be a bad thing. This is dating. I've never been convinced Marjorie is/was in it for fame. I think she has a crush on Josiah and visa versa. So if they do get to hang out together and it doesn't end up with marriage... yippee - that's as close to a real 'young person' relationship as Duggars are ever going to get. 

• Love 3

I follow Marjorie on Instagram. She has just cut a CD with her sister (with a video filmed and posted) and was a leader at some Christian conference for teen girls last weekend. She also does (very pretty) hand-lettered inspirational sayings that she posts. She definitely falls on the side of the extroverts, and to me, looking to widen/broaden her audience. 

All for Jesus, of course. *wink*

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9

My mind was wandering when I was making dinner, and I thought of a way that Si and Marj courting was mutually beneficial to the families.

IF Si were gay, slapping him into a courtship props up his supposed heterosexuality. JB probably wanted a marriage on Si ASAP to avoid any potential scandals.

Meanwhile, Marj is am extrovert, looking for fame, and from a fundie family, so she fits JB's standards. And for her family, tying her to the Dugs means she won't wander off the fundie reservation to become famous. So they tie down their potentially wild child and still give her the chance at fame she wants.

Then the whole thing fizzled with the Josh scandal, but with the new show it makes sense that the benefits for the Marj side are back in play.

That's my cynical theory.

• Love 4

The Sneak Peek for next week's episode reveals Jana the Electrician. And in case you were wondering, yes, she became an expert by WATCHING at other people doing it! (They ADMITTED it!)

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

The Sneak Peek for next week's episode reveals Jana the Electrician. And in case you were wondering, yes, she became an expert by WATCHING at other people doing it! (They ADMITTED it!)

Oh God help us. The Duggars are just so freaking brilliant that they absorb the wisdom of the universe through their magical eyeballs. Sooner or later one of them is going to kill someone, whether through shoddy electrical work or half-assed midwifery or some other dangerous activity they aren't qualified to perform, and it will be dismissed as the work of the devil. The stupidity just never ends.

Edited by momofsquid
  • Love 8

I forgot to add, when the producer asked JD to name something about Jana that people wouldn't know, he said that she delivered a calf. This was complete with arm movements making it clear what she had to do. JD accompanied the gesture by saying that all her midwifery training helped. He forgets she never delivered a baby; she was strictly training as a doula, and only doing that to be Muffy's accountability partner.

eta: Boob also delivered a calf the same way..on camera. Jana probably learned by watching him. He has tons of experience with cavernous hoo-has.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 13