Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Right, they briefly made mention of the shop, so I agree that it's going to be a plot line. Is it going to be a decor place that looks like Pinterest threw up in it, or something a little more substantive? I guess we will have to wait and see. Is she allowed to work there alone, or does she need to drag along Jackson or someone to ensure she doesn't sin while at work? 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Right, they briefly made mention of the shop, so I agree that it's going to be a plot line. Is it going to be a decor place that looks like Pinterest threw up in it, or something a little more substantive? I guess we will have to wait and see. Is she allowed to work there alone, or does she need to drag along Jackson or someone to ensure she doesn't sin while at work? 

I hope she does open a shop and runs it with some of her single friends. Inch by inch, she could work her way to full independence. EVEN if it starts as a plot line. In fact, that's probably a sly way to get this ball rolling. Go Jana.

Great FU internetz opportunity. The should totally do it.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 3

I hadn't thought of the shop as a plot line. I figured JB had put it in Jana's name for some tax or business reason, and that it's just another commercial rental property. Or a potential storefront church for one or more of JB's bible-thumping sons-in-law.

If Jana herself does something with the property as a plot line, that could be marginally less boring than the usual Counting On crapfest. Lord knows, the inarticulate and dim Joy getting engaged to Dude Ranch Guy isn't must-see TV. Yawn.  

• Love 4

I'm wondering though, what exactly would Jana do with the property? She can't run a business, because God forbid she have to interact with atheists or *gasp!* non-related males on a daily basis and she can't even go to the grocery store without an accountability partner, so what else is there? My guess is they'll just fix it up and lease it out.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm wondering though, what exactly would Jana do with the property? She can't run a business, because God forbid she have to interact with atheists or *gasp!* non-related males on a daily basis and she can't even go to the grocery store without an accountability partner, so what else is there? My guess is they'll just fix it up and lease it out.

FU Internetz!!!!!! Jana is in commercial real estate!!!!!!111

• Love 1

I think the property is all of the above. Some kind of financial benefit for JB, and maybe even Jana if she actually gets paid from TLC. A FU interwebz explanation of the property for us and all the Duggar info super sleuths. A FU interwebz that someone in the family turns a glancing interest into something more than a part-time hobby. And a dowry of sorts for Jana.

The question is will it be open more than an hour or so a month for filming or will it be more of a storage place for all of Jana's finds that eventually will be used to furnish and decorate her married siblings' homes? Or maybe Grandma will work there. Or even, oh yuck, Josh.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The question is will it be open more than an hour or so a month for filming or will it be more of a storage place for all of Jana's finds that eventually be used to furnish and decorate her married siblings' homes? Or maybe Grandma will work there. Or even, oh yuck, Josh.

All of the above.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

"Jana's Chalk Board Store"

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

"Jana's Chalk Board Store"

I read that as Jesus Chalk Board Store. It still works. Also reminds me of those stores you pass that are always open but with no one really doing business in them. You know, for money laundering.

• Love 3

Looks like they went to the Marketplace Grill, so maybe just JD had a sundae after lunch (it looks like they just arrived in the picture). At any rate, I can't picture Jana having a drippy sundae. Rats, the picture is too large to post, and I don't have the ability to resize. It's not much of a picture anyway, other than to prove to the interwebz that Boob and Mechelle supposedly care about their children, even after they become kidults. 

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like they went to the Marketplace Grill, so maybe just JD had a sundae after lunch (it looks like they just arrived in the picture). At any rate, I can't picture Jana having a drippy sundae. Rats, the picture is too large to post, and I don't have the ability to resize. It's not much of a picture anyway, other than to prove to the interwebz that Boob and Mechelle supposedly care about their children, even after they become kidults. 

15977837_963405980459718_602506608197089

John-David looks like he's going to snarf down his meal and leave asap. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, louannems said:

Of course, as usual, I loved reading the comments!

Someone confirmed in the comments that they did indeed dine at Marketplace. I get that there are freebies for the birthday duo, but geez, open up the wallet and take these two worker bees somewhere SPECIAL! 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Why are they wearing their outdoor jackets? I've noticed that in their house as well, people wearing jackets and shoes indoors.

It's very American to wear shoes indoors. I imagine the TTH is difficult and expensive to heat because of its design. I'd wear shoes in the TTH as well...I'd be afraid to put my bare feet in that festering Petri dish.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Why are they wearing their outdoor jackets? I've noticed that in their house as well, people wearing jackets and shoes indoors.

It looks like they just got there. And there's an extra menu. Who took the picture?

4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Jim Boob is probably cheap when it comes to heating that place.  The design of the house looks like it doesn't hold heat well & is drafty.  I'm sure Queen Michelle's bedroom has a nice climate control feature & it's not Boob.

15 minutes ago, ariel said:

Jim Boob is probably cheap when it comes to heating that place.  The design of the house looks like it doesn't hold heat well & is drafty.  I'm sure Queen Michelle's bedroom has a nice climate control feature & it's not Boob.

I agree. They have that massive entryway and those two big front doors that open straight into the great room, not to mention the entire downstairs floor is tile. Unless they're cranking the heat in the winter, that place is probably freezing. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

I seem to recall they have heated floors under the tile? So what's the point of that if they wear shoes and won't feel the heated floors under their feet anyway? 

They have heated floors????

• Love 1

Yeah, they have radiant heated floors. And I think they run their own generators, so dealing with bills isn't an issue.I also recall them throwing wood into some sort of hopper as part of their infrastructure.  I think they built that place to be self-sustaining so they could thumb their noses at the ebil gubmint and its resources. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, they have radiant heated floors. And I think they run their own generators, so dealing with bills isn't an issue.I also recall them throwing wood into some sort of hopper as part of their infrastructure.  I think they built that place to be self-sustaining so they could thumb their noses at the ebil gubmint and its resources. 

Okay so I am curious. What do their own generators run on?  If natural gas wouldn't they have to pay for that? 

I doubt they're off-grid electricity-wise (not sure it would even be possible with that size of house) but they do have a wood burner (if that's the right word?) in an outbuilding adjacent to the house; it was shown in one episode as an example of how frugal/smart they were living or something. If they were clever with construction and piping when they built the house, a proper sized wood burner and a good water heater could keep the floors warm at least.

7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I was surprised when Michelle talked about running out of hot water. None of the Duggars look like they bathe daily.

It doesn't take much - I've been in a house with five at times, where it was challenging for everyone to shower at roughly the same time plus run a dishwasher.  Something had to give, ha.

• Love 4
On 14.1.2017 at 7:23 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

It's very American to wear shoes indoors. I imagine the TTH is difficult and expensive to heat because of its design. I'd wear shoes in the TTH as well...I'd be afraid to put my bare feet in that festering Petri dish.

I see. I have seen people with shoes on lazing on sofas etc and find it yukky. I don't wear shoes inside, of course, I wear slippers. How do you get to be comfortable when you're in street wear?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I see. I have seen people with shoes on lazing on sofas etc and find it yukky. I don't wear shoes inside, of course, I wear slippers. How do you get to be comfortable when you're in street wear?

I'm American & we don't wear shoes indoors.  We do wear slippers if it's really cold.  I'm from the northeast.  Maybe it's a regional  thing in Duggar land with the shoes indoors. 

ETA it's 16F  here & I'm in my nice cozy house.  I'm the barefoot contessa.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 4
On 1/14/2017 at 4:22 PM, GeeGolly said:

It looks like they just got there. And there's an extra menu. Who took the picture?

I want to know this, too.  Do they sit down and ask the waitress to snap a photo?  And then they post it and instead of talking to each other, they read the comments out loud to each other?  I don't get it.

• Love 1

Six adult children and only JD has a real job? Jana's job is to look after all the little ones, but they're to an age where they don't really need a lot of attention. I guess if the little ones have jurisdictions, Jana is their gatekeeper. But, beyond that, what do these kidults do all day? They don't read, watch tv, or play games on the computer, let alone anything that costs money like camping, fishing, boating, or skiing. Being a Duggar has got to be the most boring existence in America.

• Love 10
On 1/14/2017 at 3:09 PM, BitterApple said:

Does even JD have a real job?  The constable job is a volunteer position.  Flying the little plane is flying for JB and company.  I'm sure all the heavy machinery is owned by JB and JD just works for his dad.

• Love 1