Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I reckon Jinger/Lawson is just a MASSIVE piece of misdirection, but I haven't figured what the 'actual' news is yet. [insert sarcastic, yet perceptive guess here].

And, as usual, being part of reality tv pushes them to make their lives into a series of phony pr events. This bunch of young people not only goes on learning that grifting is the only way to live but they go on learning (and learning and learning) that it's normal to make your life into a series of fake events engineered to do stuff like tease the next season, get ratings, and misdirect people so the audience will be surprised. The sickness and wrongness and potential bad consequences down the line for kids and young adults growing up this way can hardly be overstated, in my opinion. Both sets of these crappy parents ought to be kicked up and down some long narrow stairs.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

To visit Joseph at college in TN because Joseph and Jinger are oddly close? But IDK. I'm beginning to buy into the rumors a little bit myself. 

The last thing that family wants is a non-betrothed girl visiting a campus.  She could get ideas!

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 3

Kelly Jo isn't going to have the favorite son marry a Duggar. She can barely tolerate them and to have them as in-laws, I don't think so.

Unless they spin it into some 'the Lord laid it upon my heart to bear this burden to sacrifice to the downtrodden, etc. God Save the Queen. Amen.'

• Love 4

Kelly Jo isn't going to have the favorite son marry a Duggar. She can barely tolerate them and to have them as in-laws, I don't think so.

Do the boys' wishes (since they're boys and all) weigh more than the girls', though?  Plus maybe Lawson is skilled at talking Mom around.

• Love 3

Me, I'm waiting for one of the prosperity churches to build a giant needle and ceremoniously lead a camel through it.

Hahaha! Thank you!

This perfectly sums up everything wrong with churches/Christians who follow the "prosperity gospel."

Marjorie is still 17, right? And in their culture, the father protects the daughter's heart and approves the courtship, yes?

If this is correct, I have no respect for Marjorie's parents. If she thinks at 17 that hitching her drama club kid wagon to the Duggar wagon is a great way to get to Famewhoreville, that's one thing (not a good thing, but still...) but if her parents can look at the situation that Anna is currently in and still allow their minor daughter to essentially be pre-engaged to any boy from that family, they truly must view their daughter as less than a person who is deserving of a life and love.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 8

Maybe they've noticed there's a bunch of people suggesting that Lawson and Joe (? whichever Duggar boy it was), would make a nice couple, so they've decided to put a stop to that kind of talk by having him start a courtship with a girl. And knowing how fame-whorish the Duggars are, they were the best candidates for a manufactured relationship.

You know, I've watched every episode of 19 kids ( and only the first Bates show), mostly to snark and freak out, but I've just never got the impression that the Bates didn't love on the Duggar's. Which episode specifically demonstrates this intolerance? I'll watch it again to pick up on it.

You know, I've watched every episode of 19 kids ( and only the first Bates show), mostly to snark and freak out, but I've just never got the impression that the Bates didn't love on the Duggar's. Which episode specifically demonstrates this intolerance? I'll watch it again to pick up on it.

I've always felt that the Bates were polite but that the Duggars en masse have worn out their welcome. I think Kelly and a couple of her kids like a couple of the Duggar kids and I remember Kelly saying nice things about Jana but I don't think they "love on the Duggars."

• Love 6

One way for the Duggars to get back on tv. Hijack the Bates show. JB will definitely negotiate a fee.

If the Duggars are using the church plane for pleasure instead of church business they have to reimburse the church for the flight.

One way for the Duggars to get back on tv. Hijack the Bates show. JB will definitely negotiate a fee.

If the Duggars are using the church plane for pleasure instead of church business they have to reimburse the church for the flight.

True. But if they can make the case that they transacted business or got business-related publicity on the trip, Jim Bob can reimburse "the church" (which is to say Jim Bob) for the flight and then deduct the money he still has in his hand as a business expense.

That link to Lawson's twitter takes me to an error page, but his twitter account is up and running so I assume he deleted the post in question. Can anyone please purpose to tell me what it said? Thanks!!

As I recall (only gave it a glance) it didn't really say anything. It was a brief video of the TN/AR game with AR scoring or something, and then at the very end it flashed on a shot of JInger, with an AR sticker on her face, I think, clapping and flashing a cute warm smile toward the cellphone holder.  The vibe, as it struck me anyway, was Hey, we're having fun -- and here's a secret look from somebody very cute.....

• Love 2

This is why I don't worry about their perceived money woes. They probably bought that 172 for between $20,000-$50,000. Fuel is extremely expensive, then there's routine maintenance, not to mention the insurance they've got to carry. Mr. Tudor has been a pilot for nearly 30 years, both military & civilian, and at best, we've discussed getting into a partnership with three others on a 172 to use a couple of times a month. We haven't done it yet, because even with 1/4 ownership, it's still incredibly expensive.

• Love 6

I am absolutely dying to know what kinds of shenanigans Boob is pulling to write off all these private plane trips. This is the same guy who wouldn't even buy his kids new shoes, but we're supposed to believe he's dishing out thousands in fuel costs so his kids can go to football games?

I think Lawson is gay, so Jinger better get used to life as a beard.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 14

I am absolutely dying to know what kinds of shenanigans Boob is pulling to write off all these private plane trips. This is the same guy who wouldn't even buy his kids new shoes, but we're supposed to believe he's dishing out thousands in fuel costs so his kids can go to football games?

I think Lawson is gay, so Jinger better get used to life as a beard.

All they have to do is hand out some Tracts at each location and it counts as mission/outreach work.

I think Jinger, of all the sisters, would be an agreeable beard.

• Love 7

The Duggar plane just landed at the Tennessee airport 10 miles away from the Bates' home. Maybe the Lawson & Jinger rumor has some substance after all? Or maybe Jim Bob's just paying a summoned penance visit to Gil to repeat his mea culpas. In any case, flight records from the last few months don't suggest there's been much congress between the two families (other than unavoidable meet-ups at other fundie weddings). Hmmmm ..... 

There was an episode of the Bates' show last season where they did the Q&A thing with the questions being sent in by fans. One of the questions was "Will there ever be a Duggar-Bates wedding?" or something like that and a bunch of the older boys yelled "CARLIN!" or maybe "TORI!" (but I think it was Carlin). So maybe Joseph and Carlin/Tori???

You know, for a brief period of time, I was a real-life paid for it professional journalist. And that word 'reportedly'? Means I read this somewhere, and while I can't prove it or support it, I can prove that I read it somewhere.

koff. bullshit. koff.

• Love 15

Who on earth would actually include the Duggars in their prayers?  "Dear God, thanks for all your blessings.  Please give strength to Kelly while she has her chemo and please give the Duggars back their TV show".  Do people actually do that?

Please, people pray that their football team will win.

I hope the world is not in such a mess because people are nagging God to micro manage!

• Love 3

People pray for things all the time in all places. Even though formal prayer is banned in many public schools how many kids say before an exam "please let me pass". Prayer is alive and well all over the place for various and sundry causes.

• Love 4

Jinger can leave the TTH at any time. Please, no fabulous Lawson needed.

Yeah, but she doesn't believe she could. And believing you can do it is the indispensable ingredient.

Seeing the self-hatred they'd already baked into her by about age 7 on the basis of her horrible-sinner status says to me that they've not only instilled tremendous fear of the world into Jinger but sucked out any confidence that she could successfully meet the world's dangers on her own. That's what a fear-drenched atmosphere that leaves you in ignorance does to many if not most people, I think. She has no knowledge to suggest that they're wrong. So she thinks all she can do is wait for rescue, I'd bet. (If she even wants to leave...)

• Love 3

That verse has always bugged me. "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world."  What a horrible sentiment. For all the bad things about the world, there are so many wonderful wonderful things in it. But don't love 'em, or else you'll burn in a lake of fire for all eternity. Yeah, teach that verse to young kids, who don't yet have a concept of things "in the world" that are worth shunning, like greed for a billion dollars or power mania. Good way to exercise your own power urge to lock the kids into confusion, ignorance and fear, the Duggar specialties.

Who on earth would actually include the Duggars in their prayers?  "Dear God, thanks for all your blessings.  Please give strength to Kelly while she has her chemo and please give the Duggars back their TV show".  Do people actually do that?

I'll bet they do. If you hold them up as role models and think they have the very bestest testimony ever, then you certainly would, I think. What baffles me is not that people would pray for them -- prayers happen pretty constantly, I think -- but that people think their testimony is fantastic. I don't see what that amounts to except Have a lot of kids, Pretty much ignore them and allow them zero agency, Say you love God, and Reality tv will give you a bunch of money. What the heck kind of testimony is that?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

"Dear God, please provide the Duggars with another three hundred and twenty-five thousand dollar house."

• Love 6

Jana just seems like a lovely person but I'm really glad that she doesn't post on social media. As one of the very wise posters pointed out we like her cause we don't know her lol. I came to this forum only knowing about the parents and Josh ,of course , but I've come to really dislike Jessa and Jill just from their social media posts. I prefer to think of Jana as secretly biding her time raising her siblings until she can get the hell out of there. I hold her in very high regard and would be disappointed if she drank the kool aid.

• Love 8

That verse has always bugged me. "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world."  What a horrible sentiment. For all the bad things about the world, there are so many wonderful wonderful things in it. But don't love 'em, or else you'll burn in a lake of fire for all eternity.  Yeah, teach that verse to young kids, who don't yet have a concept of things "in the world" that are worth shunning, like greed for a billion dollars or power mania.

I wouldn't be sure the Duggar types don't mean it with great unironic sincerity.  My mother will fall into that trap too, with the "this world has nothing for me" verses (not sure I remember the precise one she uses and I haven't hit upon it yet in my mental recollections), but it's always got me rolling my eyes commenting that this isn't much help for those of us who are stuck on this corrupt ol' world for probably another 70 years and forbidden to take ourselves out of it lest we burn in hell.  You'd know it when you meet said verse though, because it's got that cheerful Jonathan Edwards-type dourness implying that life is something to be solely suffered through before angel wings can bear us off to our heavenly reward.  (And, of course they mean it.  John Bunyan et al totally meant it by the likes of "Pilgrim's Progress".)

Also, how hard up must that journalist be, isn't Jana like aged 24 to Lawson's 17?  (I exaggerate, but not by much.)

• Love 3

That verse has always bugged me. "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world."  What a horrible sentiment. For all the bad things about the world, there are so many wonderful wonderful things in it. But don't love 'em, or else you'll burn in a lake of fire for all eternity. Yeah, teach that verse to young kids, who don't yet have a concept of things "in the world" that are worth shunning, like greed for a billion dollars or power mania. Good way to exercise your own power urge to lock the kids into confusion, ignorance and fear, the Duggar specialties.

(Bolding is mine)

I agree 100%, Churchhoney ! You put my feelings in such an articulate way I can never top it, but I'd still like to add...

It's hard to reconcile living in a world where there are millions and millions of wonderful, joyous, interesting, important things, all brought to us by God, if you are of that line of thinking, like the Duggars, but you're not supposed to love them ?! Wait... what ? You can't love what God has, ostensibly, provided for you ?

I'm obviously not a theologian, so I have no way to make that verse work for me, but I DO know this - it's incredibly off-putting to read that in an "in your FACE, nonbelievers !" way from Jinger while she and her family are as materialistic, if not more so, then your average, garden-variety heathen ! Mansion, private plane, world travel, and enough iPhones and laptops to build a fort ! If they're not "loving things of the world" then what in the holy hell ARE they doing ???

I always think of it this way - if my house caught fire, I'd gladly, gratefully let the entire shebang burn to the ground if I could get my significant other and my dog (not necessarily in that order !) out the door safely. But, and this is the thing - I'd still miss my stuff ! And who wouldn't ?! I'm grateful for my stuff - I worked hard for it ! Not as grateful, certainly, as I am for the living, breathing presence of the SO and beloved doggie in my life, but it's still my stuff, y'all !  Does this mean I'm going to Hell ? Probably was anyway, but hard to have a twenty-something from reality TV tell me my fate. It's just...distasteful to me. 

I just don't know - Jinger always seemed like the snarky, sarcastic one to me, maybe most likely to break free, but with her last post I see the typical Duggar self-satisfied smugness creeping in, the very same way it has with Josh, Jill, and Jessa. Such a pity - I actually had hope for her. 

• Love 19

I wouldn't be sure the Duggar types don't mean it with great unironic sincerity.  My mother will fall into that trap too, with the "this world has nothing for me" verses (not sure I remember the precise one she uses and I haven't hit upon it yet in my mental recollections), but it's always got me rolling my eyes commenting that this isn't much help for those of us who are stuck on this corrupt ol' world for probably another 70 years and forbidden to take ourselves out of it lest we burn in hell.  You'd know it when you meet said verse though, because it's got that cheerful Jonathan Edwards-type dourness implying that life is something to be solely suffered through before angel wings can bear us off to our heavenly reward.  (And, of course they mean it.  John Bunyan et al totally meant it by the likes of "Pilgrim's Progress".)

Also, how hard up must that journalist be, isn't Jana like aged 24 to Lawson's 17?  (I exaggerate, but not by much.)

Yep, I'm sure many if not most people who say this and have said it in the past absolutely mean it. Sorry about your coming 70 years here, though!  I was unclear. I didn't really mean that nobody meant this verse, though. The verse annoys me in any case, for various reasons. But when it comes to using it in a manipulative way, I just meant the Duggars (and those of their ilk such as, maybe, Bill Gothard?). Having been raised by very Duggar-like power-trippers whose power-tripping was solely motivated by their own crappy personalities and characters, and not religion despite how much religion they quoted, I just don't believe that the Duggars are motivated by "faith" either. I think they're neurotic, mean, selfish jerks on massive power trips, Jim Bob especially.

I do think it probably seemed a lot more apt in, say, Bunyan's day, don't you? At that point for most people day-to-day conditions were pretty unlovable, too, so they probably reinforced the bad vibes of stuff like evil and corruption. Today, though, in the developed world so many of us have time to smell the roses that I think it's a lot harder to swallow. I'd have a hard time not loving the beautiful trees that are outside my window every day and Beethoven's ninth and happy little kids. ... I suppose that's part of why the bible is losing its hold. Fewer people need quite so much reassurance that, yeah, this world is awful and will pass away into something wonderful if you just hold on to this faith.

But I firmly believe that the Duggars push verses like this because they're fearful control freaks and therefore want to scare their children -- not to "save" them but to control them. And it's obviously worked pretty well so far.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

I'm obviously not a theologian, so I have no way to make that verse work for me, but I DO know this - it's incredibly off-putting to read that in an "in your FACE, nonbelievers !" way from Jinger while she and her family are as materialistic, if not more so, then your average, garden-variety heathen ! Mansion, private plane, world travel, and enough iPhones and laptops to build a fort ! If they're not "loving things of the world" then what in the holy hell ARE they doing ???

Exactly! If you don't love that stuff, Jim Bob and Jinger, why all the i-equipment, the fancy camera and all those sheds? Not a lot of reflection in this crowd, obviously. And, yeah, too bad about Jinger. But she's just living out what's been drummed into her, clearly.

(And, by the way, you are very articulate. More so than I am, in my opinion, actually. So there.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

I do think it probably seemed a lot more apt in, say, Bunyan's day, don't you? At that point for most people day-to-day conditions were pretty unlovable, too, so they probably reinforced the bad vibes of stuff like evil and corruption. Today, though, in the developed world so many of us have time to smell the roses that I think it's a lot harder to swallow. I'd have a hard time not loving the beautiful trees that are outside my window every day and Beethoven's ninth and happy little kids. ... I suppose that's part of why the bible is losing its hold. Fewer people need quite so much reassurance that, yeah, this world is awful and will pass away into something wonderful if you just hold on to this faith.

Yeah, but the bible also has Jesus catering a wedding reception and telling people God wants them to be nice to their kids and handing out food to crowds of hungry people because they were hungry. Even if the Gothardites chose the table near the bathroom where the depressing people eat, they're still cafeteria christians.

• Love 6

Yeah, but the bible also has Jesus catering a wedding reception and telling people God wants them to be nice to their kids and handing out food to crowds of hungry people because they were hungry. Even if the Gothardites chose the table near the bathroom where the depressing people eat, they're still cafeteria christians.

Oh, absolutely. ... That's the great thing about the Bible! There's so much of it and so much of it contradictory that lovers of cafeterias can always find stuff to their taste (and then pretend that those things are the whole thing.)

• Love 4

My favourite quote about the bible :

"Back when the Bible was written, then edited, then rewritten, then rewritten, then re-edited, then translated from dead languages, then re-translated, then edited, then rewritten, then given to kings for them to take their favorite parts, then rewritten, then re-rewritten, then translated again, then given to the pope for him to approve, then rewritten, then edited again, the re-re-re-re-rewritten again...all based on stories that were told orally 30 to 90 years AFTER they happened.. to people who didn't know how to write... so..." -David Cross

• Love 20

My favourite quote about the bible :

"Back when the Bible was written, then edited, then rewritten, then rewritten, then re-edited, then translated from dead languages, then re-translated, then edited, then rewritten, then given to kings for them to take their favorite parts, then rewritten, then re-rewritten, then translated again, then given to the pope for him to approve, then rewritten, then edited again, the re-re-re-re-rewritten again...all based on stories that were told orally 30 to 90 years AFTER they happened.. to people who didn't know how to write... so..." -David Cross

Maybe if the Duggars looked at the stories written about them, and how in modern times, they change and grow within minutes, and then thought thoughtfully about the bible, they might, just might have an inkling of a clue.

Well yeah, no, that's not gonna happen.

• Love 8

Ah, Inquisitr writer goes with the "Jinger is secretly a counterDuggaral rebel and critic" theory.   Don't think I buy that. She sounds much more like Kool-Aid drinking Jessa to me for the most part, with all her "I've been a hopeless sinner since age 7" thinking. (except for that "city" remark) . If there is any criticism emerging from the Duggar kids, they never express it very visibly.  As in this case, where the fam doesn't seem to realize they've been called out.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1