Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: A Slippery Slope

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I didn't even notice Carole's leftovers on her plate.  I guess I have a tendency to put more on than I can actually eat because people do comment to me that I don't eat enough.  I'm on the four meal a day plan.  It works for me.  And let's face it.  That food wasn't going to go into the refrigerator for leftovers.  It was going to go into the garbage anyhow.  We do know that Carole eats because she does have a propensity for talking with her mouth full.

I didn't notice her leftovers either.  But after reading the comments here, I just gotta say something.  On July 4th I took a pan of broasted potatoes to a picnic.  Michiganders might be familiar with Chicken Shack's taters? Yum.  Anyway, by the time I got to the buffet line, the potatoes? They were gone.  I muttered to my sister, "Where'd all the potatoes go?"  And she said, "Hank got to them first.  I didn't get any either."  Sad panda faces.

I eyeballed Hank's plate as I went past his table and sho' nuff, Hank had a huge, heapin' helpin' of those tasty tubers but what's worse is I watched him dump 1/2 of them into the garbage can when he was done.  And it's not like he doesn't enjoy them. He's my nephew and I know they are his faves so that's part of the reason I brought them.  They're everybody's faves.  I bought enough to serve 25 people.  There were 14 of us.

Selfish?  Yeah.  Wasteful?  Definitely.  Like Carole, he probably didn't consider how hungry he was, nor if the others might seconds.  Or some at all.  He didn't consider the starving children.  But he's 12.  Not 50 something. 

To be honest, I don't care what Carole does with her food.  Although, I'd like to see her mouth closed when she's doing it.  I think that bad habit is actually because she has such a bad overbite.  I don't know what the other heffers excuses are.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

Many many years ago a gay friend of mine witnessed a guy fest hosted by George at an expensive but discreet hotel (pool side) in L.A.

I had forgotten about it until I read this thread.

Heck, it looks like a really bad attempt at a homemade job.

Many of my friends assure me that he likes men.

I can't decide if it is a case of too cute to be straight or if he actually is bi or straight.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

And good for him if he does (and even more applause for staying one foot ahead of the paparazzi).

Might be time to start moving most of the cast over to a "Real Divorcees of New York" theme and start fresh with the housewife side - as well as WOC, be great to include a lesbian housewife, a trans woman -- something that looks more like the cultural landscape now, not ten years ago.

Overall, this episode felt a little dinosaur-ish; women trying to return to a time in their past instead of bringing youthfulness into their future (things like Sonja kissing that man -- doing that at 18 is one thing, doing it now is pathetic). And it's not about age, it's about mindset.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

"Oh, jeezus." (Eye roll) "It's hard to watch Carole eat!" 

Er, I really have no problem with that.

I was addressing the various posts that posited that Carol not finishing her food was some sort of sign of her character.

I agree. Eyeroll worthy.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, film noire said:

And good for him if he does (and even more applause for staying one foot ahead of the paparazzi).

There were pictures taken in lake cuomo. Apparently, they have been scrubbed off the internet.

I don't care either ways. Straight gay.

here is a funny comment from another site:

"I almost fell on the floor when Carole said she slept with George Clooney. He probably thought she was the real Steven Tyler."

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, CatMomma said:

Well, shit. I am very thin, around 110 lbs. Sometimes I don't eat everything on my plate. I had no idea I was a narcissist/have an eating disorder/wasteful/selfish. 

I really need to examine my life. This whole time, I thought I was just full or didn't like the food. 

And I'm sure if Carole were slightly overweight and cleaned her plate we'd be talking about how she needs to leave a bit on her plate.

10 minutes ago, film noire said:

Might be time to start moving most of the cast over to a "Real Divorcees of New York" theme and start fresh with the housewife side - as well as WOC, be great to include a lesbian housewife, a trans woman -- something that looks more like the cultural landscape now, not ten years ago.

If he is bi/gay as the rumor mills seem to suggest, it's sad that he's in the closet and now has married a woman who presumably is thinking he's not bi/gay.

And I like your new show suggestion!

• Love 5

I love the Bravo couch show and would love to see a loving couple like the women couple there.

i wish they will bring back the show but apparently the rating sucked.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I just cannot get behind this. I completely agree that she should not have just grabbed him and kissed him. But the whole deal about them employing him and therefore he had no free will to say "I don't want to kiss you" is something I don't get. Folks will ask you for other things as well. Can you give me a drink for free? Can you split the bill? Can you comp my meal? Just because someone asks you something and you want to please them doesn't mean you have to say yes to their requests. There are tons of people who work in restaurants or other industries where they service the public who have been asked out by a guest. My best friend was hit on by a guy when she was a waitress (hit on her relentlessly) and they have been married for 20 years. People are allowed to ask you things. And you have the right to say no to those things. Now, if they ask, you say no, and there are ramifications, that is a whole other story. 

Well, I do see a bit of a difference between a waiter or waitress in a restaurant and a server at a private party. It almost feels as if they (the women) were their direct employers for the evening - not customers in a public space. It just feels inappropriate to me. Of course the guy might have been fine just telling her "no", and I do think asking would be better than forcing. But even putting him in that position seems awkward, to me. She wouldn't have been asking for his number or a date, she would be putting him on the spot asking for a KISS from someone she'd just met. I used to work serving the public, as a pharmacy tech, and I'd find it very inappropriate if a customer asked if they could kiss me. 

• Love 9
(edited)
19 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

If he is bi/gay as the rumor mills seem to suggest, it's sad that he's in the closet and now has married a woman who presumably is thinking he's not bi/gay.

And I like your new show suggestion!

Thanks : ) If he's bi/gay, I figure she knows and it's a mixed orientation marriage (if she doesn't know, I agree, that would be awful).

I have to say (and it PAINS ME to do so) but given the time frame when they slept together, Radziwill (by virtue of being part of the JFK Jr legend) might have been a trophy for Clooney (passion for politics)  just as much as he was for her.

eta; he also did a cover for George magazine, so they might have met at the issue release event years earlier.

Edited by film noire
her damn name, always have to correct that dz thing
  • Love 6
(edited)
16 minutes ago, film noire said:

Thanks : ) If he's bi/gay, I figure she knows and it's a mixed orientation marriage (if she doesn't know, I agree, that would be awful).

I have to say (and it PAINS ME to do so) but given the time frame when they slept together Radiziwill (by virtue of being part of the JFK Jr legend) might have been a trophy for Clooney (passion for politics)  just as much as he was for her.

I completely agree.  I know that Carole has more to offer than the Kennedy connection, but there ARE so many who view them as royalty, and any connection can open doors for you.  That said, wasn't Rosemary Clooney (his Aunt) close friends with the Kennedy family?   He might not have been as taken with them if he grew up with them? Or he was already in with them and didn't need her as  connection into that world? 

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What is saw was all the women encouraging her to do it. They were laughing, obnoxious and loud and relentless about it, especially Bethenny, she started it. Sonja looked embarrassed and kind of backed in to a corner to do it. The whole damn thing was awkward as hell. 

I did not like the other women egging her on. At all. But Sonja has been known to harass people in situations like that before. I can't recall the details for the life of me, but I remember her once hitting on a MUCH younger boy who was taking them out on a boat. It was soooo uncomfortable to watch. Sonja doesn't need any help in that department. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

Didn't she get physical with Kristen while in the paddle boat because she splashed her 2 seasons ago??  She threw a plastic wine glass that cut her?  The details are escaping me! 

I was waiting for her to throw a ski pole at Tinsley!!  

I wish she had thrown a ski pole at her. Tinsley is spoiling for a fight and unlike Kristen she might have taken a swing at Moaner.

• Love 6
(edited)
15 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

That said, wasn't Rosemary Clooney (his Aunt) close friends with the Kennedy family?   He might have been as taken with them if he grew up with them? Or he was already in with them and didn't need her as  connection into that world? 

Of course  --  good catch, Sasha! -- per google, his aunt made appearances at RFK's rallies & was there the night he was shot. So George Clooney probably had some sense of connection to the Kennedy clan (if only through his aunt's stories when he was a kid) and then add in his love of politics and doing the George cover and meeting JFK Jr -- all getting connected to Radziwill. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I can't decide if it is a case of too cute to be straight or if he actually is bi or straight.

So he is bisexual. Not sure why it matters. Just means he is attracted to both males and females.  Doesn't mean his relationships with women or men are meaningless. 

• Love 6
(edited)
51 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

So he is bisexual. Not sure why it matters. 

I think it's in keeping with the spirit of the episode  -- "So how old were you when you first had anal, George?" :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
(edited)
24 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

So he is bisexual. Not sure why it matters. Just means he is attracted to both males and females.  Doesn't mean his relationships with women or men are meaningless. 

Nobody said anything of the sort.

wow speaking of gays,Nelsan  Ellis aka Lafayette died. 

Edited by LIMOM
(edited)

The most unstaged moment of the episode for me was driven by The Countess of D'agostino, and shared between LuAnn, Carole and Bethenny. At the very end of the meal,  LuAnn said "And these are my friends", and both Carole and Bethenny looked at her, surprised and amused,  and cracked up as LuAnn repeated it again. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, bagger said:

I wish she had thrown a ski pole at her. Tinsley is spoiling for a fight and unlike Kristen she might have taken a swing at Moaner.

Speaking of Tinsley there were a bunch of shots of her from behind - you could see the tracks and extensions. Other than on the ski slope - Tinsley has some alcoholic beverage in her hand all the time.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I completely agree.  I know that Carole has more to offer than the Kennedy connection, but there ARE so many who view them as royalty, and any connection can open doors for you.  That said, wasn't Rosemary Clooney (his Aunt) close friends with the Kennedy family?   He might not have been as taken with them if he grew up with them? Or he was already in with them and didn't need her as  connection into that world? 

Rosemary and a couple of her kids were in the room when RFK was murdered. Or maybe the next room, as the Kennedy crowd was making its way thru the hotel.   Her brother (Geo's dad) ran for office as a Dem IIRC.  

Carole didn't have an elegant, delicate beauty like her MIL Lee (even Anthony had well chiseled facial features), but she had a vaguely ethnic look and was gal-next-door attractive IMHO.

Until! until she started with the filling and the tucking and the nipping and the booping (credit the late great Big Ang for "boop" = Botox).

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, film noire said:

Love this idea -- and with players who aren't trying to act like it's 20, 25, 30 years ago!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Wasn't speaking of homosexuals. Speaking about bisexuals. Not the same.

• Love 2

I was addressing the various posts that posited that Carol not finishing her food was some sort of sign of her character.

I agree. Eyeroll worthy.

Hmm. I was under the impression that any topic was okay for discussion here. Is Carole some sacred cow that her habits can't be picked over like Bethenney or Ramona are? There were pages and pages about Jules eating habits last year. Why the eyeroll?

• Love 9
On 7/7/2017 at 11:48 AM, SweetieDarling said:

We didn't see Bethenny eat either.  She left for the slopes before the food was ready. 

Didn't someone ask her about eating breakfast (Dorinda?)...and she responded that she had a muffin earlier?

• Love 3

There is a common misnomer that bisexual people are never happy with only one sex, and are incapable of being faithful to a spouse.   It's also believed by many that   bisexual is a term that gay people hide behind.  So a bisexual male is only dating a woman as his beard.  Not saying that's what is driving the conversation.  I suspect it's really to point out that Carole is undesirable.

Anna Paquin has talked on this topic.

1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

NO!!!  Please tell me you're lying!  He's too young.

• Love 4
(edited)

Very sad about Nelsan Ellis, I loved him as Lafayette.  I believe he was straight.  (Nelsan is straight, clearly not Lafayette)

Edited by Wicked
clarification
  • Love 5

LaFayette was True Blood.  The character is killed early in the first book, but the show runners loved Nelsan so much he survived the series. He committed to that portrayal and never made LaLa the butt of the joke. He graduated from Juliard. RIP. ?

• Love 5
(edited)

This thread needs a grandpa Hoppy underpants appearance!

ETA: Had to change that from underparts to underpants. If that was a Freudian typo, I really DO NOT want to know what is lurking in my unconscious mind!

Edited by Jel
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, BBHN said:

Many many years ago a gay friend of mine witnessed a guy fest hosted by George at an expensive but discreet hotel (pool side) in L.A.

And this is how unsubstantiated rumors become fact...

Well, the party happened, its not a rumor.   :)

• Love 3

As long as his wife isn't hurt and knows what she is dealing with before their marriage I don't think anyone cares.

People say John Travta won't leave Scientology because he is gay and they will out him....I don't think anyone cares except his wife, if she didn't know. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I don't see any reason to complain about Bethenney's board.  There are all kinds of ad/logos on the slopes: people's skis, boards, equipment, clothing.   It had to be a joke when Luann referred to the SkinnyGirl car and we were shown the date (2011).   The Housewives franchise is fraught with ridiculous promotions of all their various failed and fake "enterprises."  At least Bethenney's are successful (for the most part) with good graphics.

SkinnyGirlSnowboard.png

I just find it funny! As for having money, its proof you can't buy happiness, she's usually a miserable little thing...blech!

• Love 4

Is any of the RHNY selling anything right now? I mean you can easily find SG products about anywhere. I see them at my supermarket all the time and we know Bethenny is the producer of one show and working on another one with Frederick, enough to keep her busy.  What about the other RHNY ladies? 

Is Ramona still selling overstock merchandise, how about her true renewal facial cremes? I know the pinot grigio is no longer available so that probably flopped. What is Ramona doing these days besides RHNY? 

Luann, her clothes collection doesn't seem to be doing okay, but if she still working on it? necklaces? songs? Anything besides RHNY? She used to constantly advertise her products but so far I have only noticed her necklaces. 

Tinsley's handbags? are they still a viable business? what else is she working on right now? 

Carole, she used to be dedicated to writing but that seems to have died a natural death, besides her political opinions and training for the NY marathon, is she working on something right now? 

Dorinda has some products with her catchy phrases, is that successful? Anything else she is doing? 

Sonja, is any of her ideas on production right now? I saw an ad for a Tipsy girl party but no mention of SM, is she still associated with that product? 

Does anybody have some information about these ladies products? 

• Love 4
On 7/7/2017 at 1:57 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

Carole eats on camera more than any HW I have ever seen. 

Maybe that plate was her second plate and her eyes were bigger than her stomach. 

If we're talking any HW on RHONY, possibly, though Dorinda eats. If we're talking across franchises, you must not watch RHOA. The women, particularly Kandi, are not afraid to eat!

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Wendy said:

how about her true renewal facial cremes? 

TR seems to be history. Ramona now is a consultant/distributor/shill for Rodan & Fields, an MLM skin care line.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, snowblossom2 said:

If we're talking any HW on RHONY, possibly, though Dorinda eats. If we're talking across franchises, you must not watch RHOA. The women, particularly Kandi, are not afraid to eat!

The women on Atlanta eat. However, no cast eats like the Shahs of Sunset. With the Shahs, it's easier to count the scenes that don't have food in them than the ones that do. Almost all of the words out of Asa's mouth when they were in Belize were about ceviche.

• Love 6
(edited)
46 minutes ago, LadyK said:

As I read everyone’s comments, I realize that there are few posters with whom I disagree completely.

(snip for space)

Excellent post, LadyK.  (Sorry for your loss -- hope things will, however slowly,  become less difficult for you).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'd wear this ANY day

Bethenny-Frankel:-Snowboarding-in-Aspen-

Who would anyone ever buy this or wear this? Poor photoshoot - they couldn't make sure the model wasn't sporting Moose Knuckles?

jumpsuit2.png?resize=346,571

Aww clearance. Poor Lu. 

That's...I'll go with hideous, and near criminal with those shoes. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Ramona now is a consultant/distributor/shill for Rodan & Fields, an MLM skin care line.

I get a laugh watching celebrities hawk anti-aging products, when most of them avail themselves to the best dermatologists around who can inject botox, collagen, and whatever else they do these days (not that there's anything wrong with that.)   It's not the moisturizer that makes their skin look so good, it's the dermatologist!!  There is a famous singer who once proclaimed to have gotten in shape by eating right and exercising.  My SIL worked at the hospital in which she had her liposuction done.  I thought it was such a disservice  to her fans to lie to them at that time (about 20 years ago.)  She has since 'fessed up that she's had everything nipped and tucked. 

1 hour ago, LadyK said:

I suffered a very difficult loss more than two years ago. I am finding it difficult to move forward.

I'm so sorry LadyK.  Hugs to you.  I sent you a PM. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 5
(edited)
On July 8, 2017 at 11:33 AM, film noire said:

I have to say (and it PAINS ME to do so) but given the time frame when they slept together, Radziwill (by virtue of being part of the JFK Jr legend) might have been a trophy for Clooney (passion for politics)  just as much as he was for her.

eta; he also did a cover for George magazine, so they might have met at the issue release event years earlier.

Out of curiosity last night I googled George Clooney +  Kennedy ( yes that's what I do it's Friday night)  there are many pictures and references of both him and the Kennedys together , so I could see they might have crossed paths so to speak. 

There was a odd reference to Rosemary Clooney and early Kennedys. I didn't quite understand it though.  It Sounded  like she had mental breakdowns several times. 

I am also one who was thin ( not now) and do get full quickly.  Lots of people feel compelled to bring attention to it.  Last night we ordered /shared a Blooming onion and I told my friends I better just have the waiter bring my dinner in a take out box.  I don't eat chips or bread before for that reason.  I don't say anything about someone finishing a  bread  basket,  salad , entree & drinks then eyeballing mine.   I  never eat at all you can eat places either.  Maybe Carol has GI issues or like someone mentioned was hungover  

These women get to go to beautiful places and turn it into free for all. Moaner  is the worst treating a ski instructor like her personnel assistant (  I get second hand embarrassment)   I remember years ago hearing treatment for alcoholics  would  be to show them videos of themselves. That doesn't   curb these broads 

LadyK I just read your post and you expressed it beautifully. I'm closing in on three years and one step forward two back....it's not  failure it's the Cha Cha.   That's what I was trying to say how wonderful to go to these breathtaking places and turn it into something so ugly.   But that their job I guess. Wishing you the best. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Aww clearance. Poor Lu. 

That's...I'll go with hideous, and near criminal with those shoes. 

Holy hell that is awful.

Ic an't understand why someone who used ot dress impeccably would have a collection that looks like *that.*

• Love 7
9 hours ago, CatMomma said:

Not uncomfortable at all! I know exactly what your friend goes through. Eat a lot..eating disorder. Don't eat..eating disorder.  It gets hard to laugh off after a while. 

Unlike Carol, I love food. Will try anything. And, I have probably been guilty of talking while eating. 

Exactly!  I'm like you (5'10" and around 118 lbs) and constantly get comments. If I eat the pizza by myself then I must be going to throw it up later. If I don't eat dinner because I was still full from lunch then I'm anorexic. And people think it is ok to comment on your weight when you are thin. They don't realize that it isn't ok--just like it isn't ok to comment on someone's weight when they are overweight. 

7 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Nelsan Ellis wasn't gay. He was straight, had children, and happily married to an actress (Tiffany Snow). Also, can we not call them "gays"?  One of my pet peeves. Like when several Housewives say that they are friends with "the gays."

7 hours ago, CatMomma said:

Why does it matter what his sexuality is?  If he is bisexual, it doesn't mean that every female he dates is a beard. It just means he is fluid and is attracted to a personality more than a gender (which is a social construct). 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, snowblossom2 said:

Going beyond the RH franchises neither are The Shahs of Sunset girls. Love their Persian Nom Parties.

Edited by Giselle
Learn slang Auto Correct !!! NOM not mom
  • Love 5