Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

On 7/12/2017 at 0:05 AM, breezy424 said:

Apparently, according to the custody agreement which was signed after the reunion took place, Kathryn was passing her drug tests since April and the custody agreement is retroactive to that date.  I do think it's a fair agreement.  I don't think it's fair to say Kathryn 'fails' her or 'fails' to show up for them. She obviously has shown up and has passed a number of times.  And according to the agreement, Kathryn would violate if she tested positive for illegal drugs and 'abuse' of prescription drugs or alcohol.  That's a significant clause.  If she was an alcoholic, that clause would say no alcohol.  If she had a problem with a prescription drug I don't doubt that would be included.  This custody went into many specifics.

I do hope that Kathryn does get her life straightened out.  It really bugs me that TRav gets so many passes for his behavior.  He's the guy who had a senior state position and went to prison for drug possession.  He's the guy who was a very willing partner in this relationship impregnating a twenty something year old when he's in his fifties.  For me, he's worse than Kathryn because you would think at age 54 he would have a lot more maturity than he does.   Yeah, he has the kids and a nanny and keeps them in the guest house so the front house doesn't get messy.  Geez.  So should he get a medal?  That's the least he should do.

Thank you!! So much THIS. It is obvious that some people are really unfair toward her and are gleefully and heartlessly waiting for her to ultimately fail. Its cold and petty because Kathryn is an easy Target. Lets all stop being Self- Righteous on an obviously unwell young woman with children and pray for her Well - being! Finger pointing is not helping the world be a more understanding place.

Which is why I won't even get started on my temptation to agree with and Expound on every thing Thomas did wrong, cause that is a Looong Ass list of malfeasances!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Thank you!! So much THIS. It is obvious that some people are really unfair toward her and are gleefully and heartlessly waiting for her to ultimately fail. Its cold and petty because Kathryn is an easy Target. Lets all stop being Self- Righteous on an obviously unwell young woman with children and pray for her Well - being! Finger pointing is not helping the world be a more understanding place.

Which is why I won't even get started on my temptation to agree with and Expound on every thing Thomas did wrong, cause that is a Looong Ass list of malfeasances!

Kathryn is the one who is cold and petty. 

• Love 11

This is admittedly off-topic but every time I watch my favorite Bravo reality shows, I find myself so irritated by Jill Kargman's overacting and screaming in trailers for Odd Mom Out.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Nancypants said:

Which is why we should rise above.

Hon, you won't find me "rising above."  If I couldn't come here to snark on the fools on this show, I'd be kicking the dog, or my husband.  :)

• Love 10

I forgot to mention that I thought Jennifer looked gorgeous at the reunion.  She looked fit and toned and her makeup was great.  JMO but I think dresses with simper lines, like Jennifer's, Cameran's and Naomie's, flatter more women than fussy messes like Kathryn's.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I completely agree.  I think part of Craig's dragging feet has always been he has no desire to practice law and was probably pressured intot his by family and now girlfriend.  It's no like he got his law degree and he's working a drive-thru.  Let him try out some things and see what he wants to do. Maybe after doing real estate, he'll want to be a real estate lawyer. I personally think Craig should take a step away from Naomi and find himself.

18 hours ago, b2H said:

@biakbiak, to my mind, what someone wants to do with their life is no one else's business.  Craig owes no explanations to anyone as to his life choices.  He should not have lied about finishing school - for sure, that was an error in judgment.  But as to what is next for him, they can all bugger off.  Unless he is hurting himself or someone else, he should do what makes him happy, as long as he isn't relying on someone else for financial support

Craig is still in his 20's and he is trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life.  It is not unusual for someone that age to go through this once they get off the high school, college, grad school merry-go-round.  They work so hard to earn their degrees and then say to themselves "Now what?".  Craig is not partying his life away (Shep and Thomas), he is trying to figure out what to do with his law degree that will make him happy.  He does not seem to have the temperament to be a litigator, however, he could be a business or real estate lawyer, work for a non profit or become a child advocate.  There is so much he can do, he is just figuring it out.  Craig will be just fine he just needs to find his niche.  In ten years time, he will have left Thomas and Shep in his dust. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Kathryn looked like she was decked out in pageant flamenco gear all ready for the talent portion. Ole! ?? 

All she needed was some castenets and a long stemmed rose!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, DeepRed said:

I forgot to mention that I thought Jennifer looked gorgeous at the reunion.  She looked fit and toned and her makeup was great.  JMO but I think dresses with simper lines, like Jennifer's, Cameran's and Naomie's, flatter more women than fussy messes like Kathryn's.

Kathryn looked like the floral arrangement on the table in front of her threw up all over her.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Which is why we should rise above.

Just watched the reunion, part 1. Kathryn doesn't deserve this treatment. Until she actually owns her shit, she needs people to be hard on her and to be faced with the unvarnished truth.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Just watched the reunion, part 1. Kathryn doesn't deserve this treatment. Until she actually owns her shit, she needs people to be hard on her and to be faced with the unvarnished truth.

Bravo. You get it. :)

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, grape said:

i remember the first time i noticed how rude and cutting Shep was toward Craig. It was the night they were auctioned off and Craig did WAY better.

In a recent podcast, Craig also feels like that was when Shep's animosity towards him really started. It's very petty, but Shep isn't really known to be a substantive guy, even with the big words and self-proclaimed "take the high road" life motto. 

With friends like Shep, who needs enemies?

• Love 4

Craig seems like he is paying for his life style while he figures out the next way, by being on a TV show that requires him to be a whipping post to one of his castmate/"friend". (and also his girlfriend! man ! I hope he made enough to have been worth all that beating up.) is money and fame worth being beat up and put down?

• Love 2

Where in the world does Kathryn find those clothes? This reunion and last reunion? 
At the last reunion, she was wearing some weird lace choker thing that she said she was "making now". Geesh.

• Love 4
(edited)

Hey Cams, why name your child Landon?  Why not Snowflake?

That hair color on Kathryn was skeery.  Looked very Halloween to me.  Or maybe it's just Kathryn's junkie aura that's really scary.

Was there any explanation for Whit not being there?  No major beard story this season -- so no need for him to attend?  Um, OK.

Thom-ass passing judgement on ANYONE (including Kathryn) is pretty ridiculous, given his ugly & very well-known history of arrests & drug/alcohol abuses/addictions.  Hmmm, his rant at the end gave indication Kathryn still has PLENTY of really ugly secrets to hide.  Seems unbelievable there could be more.  Producers must be salivating.  Sheesh, these producers are such gross users.

Still say Ms. Potty Mouth/Mean Girl couldn't be anymore obvious.  She's trying to be all superior & explain why she lied her head off to cover Craigie's lies.  Not buying it, hun.  Anyone else would walk away & walk away quickly.  But not you, Ms. Potty Mouth/Mean Girl -- that's cuz you desperately wanna be on this show.  You're hiding nothing from us & your motives couldn't be anymore obvious, Mean Girl.

Horseteeth looked like absolute shit.  He just looks like he reeks too.  Wouldn't wanna be sitting on that panel.  Ew.  Holding my nose watching.  Pee-yoo.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6
On 7/12/2017 at 10:38 AM, imjagain said:

I don't think  anyone on here gives Thomas a pass. He's imo constantly called out on his crap behavior.  I can't stand Kathryn but think Thomas is equally disgusting.  Every time I read about poor young naive Kathryn I wonder who  people are referring to. Kathryn while yes,  younger than Thomas, I'd never call her naive.

She's not even that young at this point. I have a 25 year old son whose a police officer and niece and nephew (also a police officer)  who joined the military straight out of high school they are in their   late 20s and 30s now. I'm assuming Kathryn is in her mid 20s. 

She's an addict but also an entitled woman. Who thinks she can be rude as hell to people.  She expect people to do what she want. That hasn't change from season 1.

Oh, I don't think it's here but he seems to get one from most of his fellow cast mates.

On 7/12/2017 at 0:37 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Both.

According to the custody agreement Kathryn is only required to have hair follicle tests unless TRav requests something more.

• Love 1
On 7/13/2017 at 9:47 PM, MrSmith said:

As far as what she "needs" who really knows what will work with her? She is a different animal from the rest of us. Probably a combination of compassion and a good Ass kicking. Whatever's clever, I just want her to get her Shit together .

• Love 1

I´m just gonna put my opinion out there, it seems like it´s a minority one but anyways, Kathryn looked okay and didn´t seem high or medicated in any way. It was the same last year, "everyone" was going on and on about how crazy and high she was, but she simply wasn´t. That´s not how high or highly medicated people look. I´m not saying she wasn´t high, I have no idea about that, but her demeanor and look gave zero indication to that effect. She was soft spoken and fair. I guess people are just seeing something they want to see...

Landon´s evil was showing in various ways, both on the set and in the past-clips. Every time something hard or bad was happening to the others she was laughing like crazy. She either can´t help herself or she really enjoys watching others feel bad.

Landon is the definition of failure and she´s beyond pathetic, so I can´t really hate her anymore. But her ugly sociopathic mug needs to disappear from tv screens for all eternity.

• Love 3

I wouldn't count on anything where Kathryn is concerned. Bravo had a rep standing watch over her the entire time but she appeared to be slurring words and not all there. Compare her on the reunion, and when she's taping for the show. She's much more lucid and aware during taping. Bravo had someone with her due to her becoming a liability for them. She failed a court-ordered drug test just prior to the taping. Another reason she agreed to the terms of the custody agreement... she needs time to get her act together. I really hope she does, and I hope Bravo realizes that putting her in the pressure-cooker of this show isn't helping her. She needs to get off TV, spend some time focusing on getting better, and focus on her children when she has them during the visitation periods. Not going out partying and leaving them with her mother.

• Love 8

I think Craig has a point why screw up his law career portraying it on the show?  https://www.forbes.com/sites/briennewalsh/2017/06/23/southern-charms-craig-conover-shares-relationship-advice-and-his-thoughts-on-landon/#7e8a9966d84d  One just knows "sleuth" Shep would be all over any case Craig took on.  He shows me he has some deference to his potential  clients.  Naomie needs to get a clue.  She likes hanging with the Vanderpump Rules crew-keep the attorney card as a hole card until he really needs it.

He also had valid points about both Kathryn and Landon.

I don't know if I would feel comfortable telling someone to give up a six figure job to hang out a shingle.  He should work behind the scenes and get licensed in another state.  Work behind the scenes and when Southern Charm dries up hit the ground running. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Craig has a point why screw up his law career portraying it on the show?  https://www.forbes.com/sites/briennewalsh/2017/06/23/southern-charms-craig-conover-shares-relationship-advice-and-his-thoughts-on-landon/#7e8a9966d84d  One just knows "sleuth" Shep would be all over any case Craig took on.  He shows me he has some deference to his potential  clients.  Naomie needs to get a clue.  She likes hanging with the Vanderpump Rules crew-keep the attorney card as a hole card until he really needs it.

He also had valid points about both Kathryn and Landon.

I don't know if I would feel comfortable telling someone to give up a six figure job to hang out a shingle.  He should work behind the scenes and get licensed in another state.  Work behind the scenes and when Southern Charm dries up hit the ground running. 

Can't read the article unless I disable my ad blocker.  Is Craig saying the only way he would be a lawyer is to open his own practice rather than joining a firm?

I can buy that, if he joined a firm, he might have to answer to his bosses for his antics on the show.

Plus it sounds like the law school he went to isn't exactly known for placing graduates with prestigious firms.  Maybe some alumni of the school are hiring so he should have been networking with them.

6 hours ago, scrb said:

Can't read the article unless I disable my ad blocker.  Is Craig saying the only way he would be a lawyer is to open his own practice rather than joining a firm?

I can buy that, if he joined a firm, he might have to answer to his bosses for his antics on the show.

Plus it sounds like the law school he went to isn't exactly known for placing graduates with prestigious firms.  Maybe some alumni of the school are hiring so he should have been networking with them.

Not at all he is saying that he and some law school buddies had a business plan their third year and he might work behind the scenes to bone up on his legal skills. 

I think he is more concerned with answering to the State Bar.  I can't imagine any law firm being all that concerned about Craig calling Naomie a "child".  He said South Carolina isn't exactly ripe with attorneys that appear on TV.  However, I would never trust Shep or the producers to not portray things in a light that would be potentially harmful to Craig. 

Craig has a six figure job that requires his presence about three months out of the year.  Until he no longer has Southern Charm he needs to practice where he can take time off to film.  It may be just me but that doesn't sound like that would be conducive to a traditional law firm. 

• Love 4
On 7/14/2017 at 4:17 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Still say Ms. Potty Mouth/Mean Girl couldn't be anymore obvious.  She's trying to be all superior & explain why she lied her head off to cover Craigie's lies.  Not buying it, hun.  Anyone else would walk away & walk away quickly.  But not you, Ms. Potty Mouth/Mean Girl -- that's cuz you desperately wanna be on this show.  You're hiding nothing from us & your motives couldn't be anymore obvious, Mean Girl.

Naomie bugged the shit out of me. If the lying bothered her that much, tell him and stop lying for him or break up. You don't get to lie for him, sublimate your anger for a year, and then subtly set him up so that he looks like an ungrateful belittling asshole who loves denigrating you in public. She did this knowing that he'd gotten a bad edit for 2 seasons. She had to have suspected that her narrative that Craig is a lazy jerk might have some traction.

• Love 4

Ouch...Craig didn't really mince any words concerning his feelings for Landon:

I’m rooting for her and love her to death, but you don’t catch too many flies with vinegar. Now I’m like, “Landon what are you doing babe, just be a little nicer or more understanding.” It’s a tough one, but it’s starting to get more bizarre. I think she’s a little delusional.

• Love 6

HunterHunted, I totally agree with what you said about Naomie. She knew exactly what she was doing that first year and went along with it to stay on the show. And then to throw crap at Craig was just ridiculous. Craig needs to let this girl go and find someone who wants what he wants. They're two completely different people and will never want what the other wants, needs or thinks is important. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Gam2 said:

HunterHunted, I totally agree with what you said about Naomie. She knew exactly what she was doing that first year and went along with it to stay on the show. And then to throw crap at Craig was just ridiculous. Craig needs to let this girl go and find someone who wants what he wants. They're two completely different people and will never want what the other wants, needs or thinks is important. 

That would mean Craig and Naomie would have to decide custody of Gizmo and who stays on the show.  Craig said all his friends now love Naomie.  The bigger question does anyone really want to see Naomie without Craig on the show?  The girl is never interesting.  Maybe they could find some good old family money guy to date Naomie, with bad French, who stays busy all day with JD, Shep, Thomas and Whitney drinking, smoking cigars and talking about chasing women.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

People who know her were talking about it, and right after that she came out with the faked/forged drug test to the tabloids.

Heresay/Speculation and the ever reliable Tabloids?

• Love 1

Yeah, I have to agree with Nancypants on this one thing. I wouldn't throw it out there that she tested positive for meth without more proof than gossip and tabloids. That's a pretty serious charge without proof.

• Love 3

I don't remember the specific date, but it was one of her failed drug tests. Then she didn't show up for the next one that was scheduled. I believe this is what Thomas is referring to when he says "you'll never work again" as I'd stated before, her drug use would make her a liability. Hell, she's a liability for Bravo now if they have to put a bodyguard on her during filming of the reunion.

(edited)
14 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

If the people who know it want to talk about it, that's up to them. 

14 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

If the people who know it want to talk about it, that's up to them. 

The "people who know it". It must be True Because THEY SAID SO! Irrefutable! That's a FOUNTAIN of Evidence!

Plus, it was in ...The Wall Street Journal plus Camera evidence plus Hard Evidence. 

...The Tabloids. Can hardly argue with That.

People believe what they want to believe. In this case , they want to believe in the troubles, sadness and despair of a struggling addict . 

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 1

My last comment on the subject. I would not repeat something told to me by close friends unless I believed it to be true. They had no reason to lie. They have not gone to the tabloids. I shared it because people were speculating about her drug use. She has a long road ahead of her, and I hope she takes the right path.

• Love 2
On 7/10/2017 at 8:51 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Opioids? She looks like she's taken Valium or Xanax to me. 

My guess is that her attorney insisted she take a valium before going into the lion's den, in an effort to calm her down a bit.

On 7/11/2017 at 0:41 AM, mbaywife123 said:

Watching this again and Kathryn is really appearing like she is on some type of downer meds be they legal or illegal it looks like she can barely keep her eyes open and that she is in slow motion cognition.

I do think she may have had a valium, (I don't know much about drugs so I'll accept everyone's diagnosis) but her eye issue seemed to be when those gastly bangs were hanging down. When she pushed them back, her eyes opened just fine.

(edited)
On 7/11/2017 at 3:21 PM, slowpoked said:

Jennifer says she went on a couple of dates with Thomas a few years ago, before she ever knew Kathryn and before there was ever any show. She constantly denies they had sex.

And, Thomas says he only spent the night at Jennifer's house to teach Kathryn a lesson. And Jennifer says, "I don't remember that."

How'd that work out?

Edited by Swim mom
Jennifer's bad memory part