Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: A Bronx Tale

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

OMG!  Is it true that the newly married Luann (I know!  She got married!  Who knew?) was forced to stay bare foot in a tent in the snowy backyard with only beef jerky to eat?

Is beef jerky code for the help?

2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

MG, enjoy your SG popcorn and margarita with no shame!

!00 calories, individually wrapped...what's not to like? :)

• Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Luann's new single about her accommodations over the weekend:

Chic N'est Pas la Vie, Sa Mauvais, Sa Mauvais.

Don't be giving that (as Bethenny would say) "dumb drag queen" any ideas! :)

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Luann's new single about her accommodations over the weekend:

Chic N'est Pas la Vie, Sa Mauvais, Sa Mauvais.

I thought it was Girl Bridal Code

giphy.gif

Luann: You Broke The Bridal Code

Victoria: I have to perform community service

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

...It's better just to say you're sorry for the loss and listen to the person.   I've learned this just by being a dental hygienist.  I've heard so many sad stories the past 25 years that it's taught me how to talk to grieving family members (and I've made a few mistake along the way.)  People talk to us like we're therapists - which I don't mind!  They're like family.

I think the ladies should've tried a little harder to listen to Tinsley without throwing in their "my situation was soooo much worse" story.  Sometimes it's just about listening, not talking, IMO.

True and sensible words. To the bolded, (a) none of these ladies are all that terribly other-centered and (b) remember that they're paid to say outrageous things, not to be sensitive and kind. 

Makes me wonder why Tinsley and any advisers she had would think a RH stint was a good idea.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

True and sensible words. To the bolded, (a) none of these ladies are all that terribly other-centered and (b) remember that they're paid to say outrageous things, not to be sensitive and kind. 

Makes me wonder why Tinsley and any advisers she had would think a RH stint was a good idea.

Tinsley needed a profile job-going from mug shot to holding an apple on RHONYC seems like a step up.

• Love 5
(edited)

Sung to the theme from Gilligan's Island:

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, A tale of a fateful trip.   That started in a limousine,  And left the New York strip.

Mona a mighty drinking lass, With Sonja not so pure.  Three passengers set sail that day for a FIVE hour tour, a FIVE hour tour.  

So this is the tale of our housewives yeah, They're here for a short, short while.  They'll have to make the best of things, And try not to be vile.

No tub, and only one mirror, Not a single luxury.  Like the Help that she looks down upon, It's as lowly as can be.

So join us here each week my friend,  It surely is a trip.  From seven drunk aristocrats, Let's all say CLIP, CLIP!

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Sung to the theme from Gilligan's Island:

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, A tale of a fateful trip.   That started in a limousine,  And left the New York strip.

Mona a mighty drinking lass, With Sonja not so pure.  Three passengers set sail that day for a FIVE hour tour, a FIVE hour tour.  

So this is the tale of our housewives yeah, They're here for a short, short while.  They'll have to make the best of things, And try not to be vile.

No tub, and only one mirror, Not a single luxury.  Like the Help that she looks down upon, It's as lowly as can be.

So join us here each week my friend,  It surely is a trip.  From seven drunk aristocrats, Let's all say CLIP, CLIP!

APPLAUSE CHITCHAT. That was good and witty. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, lunastartron said:

I had no idea who Priyanka Chopra was prior to Quantico premiering on ABC. But she has been known to millions across the world for years.

I would hazard a guess that more Americans than not don't know who Bethenny Frankel is and/or don't care.

"I've never heard of ---" is not a reliable metric of fame. The restaurant patron who spoke to Carole didn't even know the name of FLOTUS.

Tinsley's arrest and abuse were covered extensively by New York and society outlets well before she joined the show - Page Six, People, Jezebel, and similar press. She was regularly profiled by Town & Country, Vogue, and the NYTimes from 2006 - 2009. Her social milieu is well aware of who she is and her "fall from grace" as the Post described it.

The can of worms was already open within the public as it relates to her prior to her casting. The police reports, black eye photos, hospital details, and neighbor accounts were online and in print media. 

4 hours ago, BBHN said:

I thought your point was someone on not here knowing or having heard of a "celebrity" wasn't a reliable metric of someone's fame.

And I never said among viewers of the franchise, or certain strata, I meant Americans as a whole. Tinsley, regardless of however many people within certain circles knew who she was, just didn't have the public recognition that Bethenny, Luann, and Ramona seem to have. So people claiming that they had no idea who Tinsley was prior to this show isn't all that shocking. Whatever fame and celebrity she may have had in the past, outside of possibly New York and certain areas of Florida probably pales in comparison to what the HWs have and are experiencing.

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Tinsley tag line is about a mug shot, I thought she was wise to get out in front of it so to speak.  I was appalled at what she had endured physically and the lack of empathy from the cast due to their discomfort talking about the issue. 

There are any number of people who have no idea who the RHONYC are, or any RH, they may know about certain bad deeds like Teresa Giudice and her legal troubles  but have no concept of what the shows entail.  The shows at the top of their game get 2 million viewers a week.  (Atlanta gets more-but this is about Tinsley),  In her heyday as a young socialite she did well and even had a presence in Japan.  Tinsley was an ambassador for Dior.  Years ago there was an article about Tinsley and she found it odd that people were starting the call themselves a brand.  For the most part these shows started with the unknowns.  So anyone marveling at another's pedigree would be lost regionally.  I will always remember Ramona referring to the Social Register and Jill asking her where it was. 

In the grand scheme of things, none of these people are really famous in any way that is truly significant. They don't have to travel with security. They can do their own shopping. They aren't mobbed by fans when they step outside. They don't have to make reservations under false names, buy out an entire restaurant for an evening, or buy out an entire hotel floor in order to eat a meal in peace or have a decent nights rest.

The vast majority of housewives and Bravolebrities join their shows as almost complete unknowns, meaning Tinsley's limited celebrity or familiarity is 200% higher than Ramona's or LuAnn's in season 1 before any of the episodes had aired. Back then, she was the exact kind of person Bravo hoped they could cast. They didn't. If Bravo had been able to get Tinsley 10 years ago, almost every last one of these women would have been champing at the bit to film with her. She's still well known in the circles many of the women travel in. And for all of the disgrace of being arrested most of the publications seem to be describing her relationship with Nico in a way more closely aligns with Tinsley's view, that it was a very unstable abusive relationship. So I view the women's awkwardness and discomfort with Tinsley's circumstances less as a measure of her lack of fame and familiarity and more a sign of the wives changed circumstances. When they were nobodies, Ramona or Jill would have been crowing about hanging out with Tinsley. Now that they are minor somebodies, like Tinsley, their egos and narcissism prevent them from giving a crap. Though I also think major discomfort with the subject of domestic violence is at play too. 

I can give you a list of everyone I had heard of before they were cast:

• Bethenny because of Martha Stewart's Apprentice, which was canceled even though it had ratings that were 3 times higher than RHoNY
  • Tinsley, but I used to comment a ton on Gawker during her heyday
  • Cynthia Bailey
  • Kandi Burruss
  • Kim Fields
  • Kim and Kyle Richards
  • Camille Grammer
  • Lisa Rinna
  • Joanna Krupa

These are some of the wives that I was familiar with aspects of their lives, but not them:

• Gilles Bensimon, but not Kelly
  • Lee Radziwill, but not Anthony or Carole
  • Lisa Wu because of Keith Sweat
  • Kordell Stewart, but not Porsha
  • The Maloofs, but not Adrienne
  • Bobby Brown's legal issues, but not his attorney Phaedra Parks
  • Eddie Cibrian's cheating, but not Brandi Glanville or Scheana
  • The Zanucks, but not Marisa
  • J. P. Morgan, but not J. A. Morgan or Sonja

Even someone like Heather Dubrow who had been in 2 prime time sitcoms had a Q Score that was basically zero. Another example might be the drag queens that Andy has been putting behind the bar on WWHL. Some of them are huge stars in queer communities and fans of Drag Race, but clearly not famous enough to sit down in a guest chair on WWHL. However, even the most famous Bravolebrity isn't very well known. How much did it make Kenya Moore's day when she found out Beyoncé was a fan? Do you think Beyoncé cared about the reverse? Nope.

As always, I feel like Billy on the Street is the best argument to demonstrate how insignificant any housewives fame is or isn't. 

• Love 9

Re: Domestic Violence Victims

My family saves those hotel soaps, shampoos, lotions etc. When we have a bunch I go to the Dollar Tree and get small gift bags. Then I pack all the samples (I collect perfume ones, really any personal care products) into a "care bag". I deliver them to my local shelter for them to pass out to people who show up with nothing more than the clothes on their back or any others that they deem necessary. 

I've read in many threads that a lot of you travel. Save your samples and give a gift of caring to your local shelter. 

I posted this in another thread and thought y'all would like it too. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

When I travel I always have a pack of disinfectant wipes, and even in the best hotels I wipe the remote control, the bathroom doorknobs and light switches!! 

On that note: a pet peeve of mine is public restrooms that have doors that open inward-requiring one to touch the doorknob and pull the door open. Poor design! 

Even worse - when the bathroom exit door requires one to pull on a handle.  I am an unashamed foot flusher. I don't care if the flusher is way up in the air, my foot hits it.  I am sorry to those who thoughtlessly touch the same knob with their hand.    I carefully wash my hands, shut the water off with my arm, dry my hands and then push with my arm or even kick the door open with my foot.  Pull open doors are fine if you can use your used papertowel to do it.  But bathrooms with antiquated blow dryers or exit doors far away enough I didn't realize I needed to save my towel, require me to become a contortionist and use my clothing as a barrier.  It just seems so ridiculous  to touch an area dirtier than the toilet seat after just having washed my hands, and since my hands are still slightly damp, they more easily pick up germs from the filthy knobs.  Otherwise, I'm not germ phobic in a bathroom.  I don't even use the paper seat covers.  Cell phones and keyboards have been cultured of millions more germs than toilet seats. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I let workers use my bathroom and there is a big tub of wipes in say powder room.(hint, hint)

Some clean themselves and for the people who are just nasty(friends and workers alike) I just go after them and wipe.

It is not that hard.

I didn't think Luann was right,  but if you have people who leave shit stains on the toilet seat or pee, I  say they shouldn't be using them a second time. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I loved that. But my favorite part was that Carole was concerned about making sure that Dorinda got a good room. You never see these ho's having that type of concern about the others. It was nice and seemed real world. At least in my world. 

I think that B and Carol really enjoy Dorinda. The look of delight in B's face was unmistakable when she realized it was Dorinda at the door and carol making sure Dorinda got the best room that just speaks for itself.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Re: Domestic Violence Victims

My family saves those hotel soaps, shampoos, lotions etc. When we have a bunch I go to the Dollar Tree and get small gift bags. Then I pack all the samples (I collect perfume ones, really any personal care products) into a "care bag". I deliver them to my local shelter for them to pass out to people who show up with nothing more than the clothes on their back or any others that they deem necessary. 

I've read in many threads that a lot of you travel. Save your samples and give a gift of caring to your local shelter. 

I posted this in another thread and thought y'all would like it too. 

I put the days personal products in my suitcase so that the housekeeper has to put new ones out for the next day.  That way I have more to donate.  I have a co worker who also manages a non profit that has shower for homeless.  He has left a big plastic box in our break room for us to put donations.  One time I stayed in a family suite that had the bathroom shelfs stocked with items.  I cleaned out both bathrooms for donations before we left.  They can also use razors, cold medicine, tylenol small sizes from dollar stores.  At Christmas I bought a bunch of dollar tree stuff and gave it to him.

Oh and to get back on topic,  my bathroom has an outlet and I bet the one LuAnn used does too.  Not at the price that cabin cost.  She was just being her usual, Call me Mrs DAngostino, self.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, BBHN said:

Do you also have DrunkDorinda arms? ;)

giphy%20(7)_2.gif

Since the beginning of the season when this scene was shown in the trailer it is my most anticipated scene. Does anyone's know where this is? Is it Vermont because I will confess I didn't pay attention to the decor in the dining room? Who's home Ian this?

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, bagger said:

Since the beginning of the season when this scene was shown in the trailer it is my most anticipated scene. Does anyone's know where this is? Is it Vermont because I will confess I didn't pay attention to the decor in the dining room? Who's home Ian this?

I don't think it's in Vermont because everything looks so bright and white.  Also Dorinda and Ramona seem to be wearing warm weather clothes.  Maybe they're in Mexico?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't think it's in Vermont because everything looks so bright and white.  Also Dorinda and Ramona seem to be wearing warm weather clothes.  Maybe they're in Mexico?

And Beth's still in black! 

• Love 3

I loved this episode! It was funny and lighthearted with lots of laughs.

Best parts were Luann's comments. I think her point with the chef using her bathroom is that she didn't have a private bathroom, more like a general use one, since she said the bathroom was far from her room. All the other ladies had bathrooms in their rooms, except her. I think that was her point, that she didn't really have her own bathroom. The way she said it made me laugh, like she whispered it making a big, "oh no!" face. haha. And then she was pushing on the door because she thought it was frozen and nearly fell. And when she had brunch with the ladies and was like, "are you drinking already? Well, it is noon somewhere."

hahahaha

I don't know why the ladies lose their minds at Dorinda's, but everyone was pretty chill in Vermont. But I did think that Bethanny was a bitch when Kinsely was crying about her troubles, and Bethanny just said, "We all have had hard times." or something. Even though when Bethanny has a hard time and cries everyone gathers around her and pours out sympathy. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I didn't think Luann was right,  but if you have people who leave shit stains on the toilet seat or pee, I  say they shouldn't be using them a second time. 

Well, it is hard to ban friends from peeing on the seat.

what am I gonna say?

dude, you are not peeing in my powder room because at the last party after your 5 or 10 beers you peed on the seat?

And then get in an argument because now I accuse someone of defiling my bathroom?

nah, life is too short. 

Now if you poop on the floor, it is on. I have my limits (and this happened, irl. )

• Love 9
(edited)
57 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Now if you poop on the floor, it is on. I have my limits (and this happened, irl. )

...thereby ensuring the Previously TV RHONY Labor Day fling will not be held at LIMOM's -- well played, madam, well played :)

1 hour ago, Jel said:

Get old man Hoppy in one of those rooms in his underpants, and now we've got an episode!

LOL

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5

I'd wager that Carole making sure Dorinda got a nice room was part affection for Dorinda and part sticking it to Ramona. 

Dorinda is the only one to host all the ladies in her own home, twice. 

• Love 22
28 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I'd wager that Carole making sure Dorinda got a nice room was part affection for Dorinda and part sticking it to Ramona. 

Dorinda is the only one to host all the ladies in her own home, twice. 

I agree with Carole and according to most of the cast there have been issues with Ramona and how she leaves a room when they travel. 

• Love 6
(edited)
20 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I agree with Carole and according to most of the cast there have been issues with Ramona and how she leaves a room when they travel. 

Please clarify. The mess she makes of all her stuff strewn all over the place while she is there...OR...the mess she leaves after staying there? 

I tip the housekeeping staff daily (not the same people do my room every day of my stay) and confine all my towels to a pile in the bathroom. (Sometimes they're generous and I get more or better amenities)  My friends have been known to tease me because I will also put shopping bags in the waste paper baskets so the basket itself doesn't get soiled. What can I say? I like orderly and not leaving a personal mess for someone else to clean up. 

Ramona wouldn't be happy if you didn't use coasters on her furniture for instance. Does she even give a hoot when it's not her belongings? 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Punctuation mistake
  • Love 12
(edited)

I re-watched the episode. The dinner conversation starts at the 51 minute mark. The majority of the people speaking are Luann, Sonja, Dorinda and Tinsley. Ramona grunts one sentence agreeing with Bethenny. Carole says one thing – you need to move out of Sonja’s. Bethenny had 2 sentences.

They were all talking about Tinsley moving out of Sonja’s

The word abused or abusive was used 3 times. Once by Bethenny, once by Luann and once by Tinsley.

They were all telling her to leave Sonja’s. They weren’t being dismissive of her abuse nor were they telling her to get over her abuse.

Luann said we‘ve all been there. I took that to mean they have all suffered public humiliation and fodder for the press.

Tinsley instead of speaking up against Sonja or Luann or Dorinda chose to instead attack Carole. I’m 41, I don’t have children, I told you. You didn’t want one, whatever.

I think some of what Sonja said made sense. I do believe they discussed her situation before she moved in. Tinsley needed a safe haven, she wanted to clean up her “reputation”. Going from Florida after her arrest to Sonja’s and then going out all the time and drinking and making out with boys isn’t showing the world she’s changed out the party girl mode. It’s only showing Nico, hey look at me I’m still desirable, you want me back?

Prior to this episode, Tinsley did not talk to any of the other ladies about her "abuse". Earlier in this episode she was telling Bethenny that she is currently BOY CRAZY. She's doing a lot of kissing. She hasn't met that many people but she is looking a lot. She tells the other ladies at the table if she were to meet someone right now and still living at Sonja's, she'd wanna try it out (I take it she's talking about sex)

Prior to this episode Tinsley is the one bringing up her mugshot and arrest but not going into details - just bringing it up. Her tagline mentions her mugshot.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 10
(edited)

...apparently Carole and Beth were sharing a room.

Since Beth's a self-professed pillow queen, I'm guessing Carole was the one "licking vagina"? (Because Beth claims that's what happens when there's room sharing.)

The piece I wrote about Dorinda's tonic schedule made me crave a Bloody Mary and gratefully there's  no Skinny Girl mixer for that!! 

You haven't heard of BloodySkinny? It's Beth's special blend, processed with the blood from the worst case of fibroids known to womankind.

Edited by jaync
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I re-watched the episode. The dinner conversation starts at the 51 minute mark. The majority of the people speaking are Luann, Sonja, Dorinda and Tinsley. Ramona grunts one sentence agreeing with Bethenny. Carole says one thing – you need to move out of Sonja’s. Bethenny had 2 sentences.

They were all talking about Tinsley moving out of Sonja’s

The word abused or abusive was used 3 times. Once by Bethenny, once by Luann and once by Tinsley.

They were all telling her to leave Sonja’s. They weren’t being dismissive of her abuse nor were they telling her to get over her abuse.

Luann said we‘ve all been there. I took that to mean they have all suffered public humiliation and fodder for the press.

Tinsley instead of speaking up against Sonja or Luann or Dorinda chose to instead attack Carole. I’m 41, I don’t have children, I told you. You didn’t want one, whatever.

I think some of what Sonja said made sense. I do believe they discussed her situation before she moved in. Tinsley needed a safe haven, she wanted to clean up her “reputation”. Going from Florida after her arrest to Sonja’s and then going out all the time and drinking and making out with boys isn’t showing the world she’s changed out the party girl mode. It’s only showing Nico, hey look at me I’m still desirable, you want me back?

Prior to this episode, Tinsley did not talk to any of the other ladies about her "abuse". Earlier in this episode she was telling Bethenny that she is currently BOY CRAZY. She's doing a lot of kissing. She hasn't met that many people but she is looking a lot. She tells the other ladies at the table if she were to meet someone right now and still living at Sonja's, she wanna try it out (I take it she's talking about sex)

Prior to this episode Tinsley is the one bringing up her mugshot and arrest but not going into details - just bringing it up. Her tagline mentions her mugshot.

I agree, KFB.  Tinsley, on that evening, was focusing on the public humiliation aspect of her ordeal, so that's mainly what the other HWs were responding to -- the public embarrassment, as in, we've all been there, we've all been humiliated. Of course there are other, larger aspects  -- cycle of abuse, getting beaten up, psychological damage, but that aspect wasn't the focus of the conversation we saw, and mainly because Tinsely wasn't sharing that part. I think, they were, in their self-absorbed, RHoNYC way, attempting to say, "this too shall pass", (the public embarrassment that is) because it happened to us, and we survived it, and you will too.

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

What can I say? I like orderly and not leaving a personal mess for someone else to clean up. 

I do this too...when staying at someone's home or in a hotel.  WHY can't I train myself to do it at home???

• Love 10
12 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'd leave a big bet on Mexicao...mostly because of those telltale glasses with the blue rims.  I live in a border state and we've all had those at one time or another.  That leaves me yearning!   It's a 2.5hr drive to my nearest MX border town, a 4hr drive to the nearest MX beach, but only a 30min drive to a fabulous little local shop that has EVERYTHING we tourists like to buy.

• Love 3
On 6/30/2017 at 5:25 PM, shoegal said:

Aren't these two things contradictory?  Carole is only in a relationship with Adam to spite LuAnn and Carole is pushing Adam away because it's too painful to know that their relationship has an expiration date.  I don't see how these can both be true.  

IMO, it's because neither are true. 

I think it's a little of both. I think she held onto the relationship especially in the beginning partly to upset Lu. Carole was a major bitch with her "I don't care about (Lu or) her niece's feelings." I think she has feelings for Adam that he doesn't for her (Skype session) , even though he's dull (duh sexy salad duh), I think she knows she'll never get young dick like his again and will be devastated when the relationship is over but she pushes him away to make it seem like it's her idea. If he dumps her it will be a field day for the HW's and fans and Carole's ego couldn't handle the public humiliation and I told you so's. Adam is gentleman enough to let her be the dumper. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Jel said:

I agree, KFB.  Tinsley, on that evening, was focusing on the public humiliation aspect of her ordeal, so that's mainly what the other HWs were responding to -- the public embarrassment, as in, we've all been there, we've all been humiliated. Of course there are other, larger aspects  -- cycle of abuse, getting beaten up, psychological damage, but that aspect wasn't the focus of the conversation we saw, and mainly because Tinsely wasn't sharing that part. I think, they were, in their self-absorbed, RHoNYC way, attempting to say, "this too shall pass", (the public embarrassment that is) because it happened to us, and we survived it, and you will too.

Tinsley:

Okay, I just feel like people put a lot of pressure on me recently and I just feel a lot has happened to me in the last couple of months. I feel like everybody's like Get Over It, Get Over It. But at the same time it's not that easy to get over. And a lot of you I've heard of are still in situations that happened waaaaay in the past. Gimmee a god damned second, let me get over it.

She says last couple of months. You're right she is talking about the arrest and mugshot. She was in a 3 or 4 year abusive relationship. The black eye that is documented is from 2013.

I like Tinsley for the show. I think she'd make a great replacement for Sonya. They are the same person, only Tinsley has more money allegedly. Tinsley is stuck in a time warp, she is attracted to boys in their 20's.

I also think it is smart for Tinsley not to sign a lease on an apartment - she should wait to see if she gets an apple for next season. For now she should either move into a hotel while filming the rest of the season or even an airbnb. She could also move into her friend Aneshas' place and cab it uptown for her blowouts - if she was looking at $9000 a month apartments she can afford the uber fare to her hair salon. If she is afraid of being alone - wherever she goes she can ask her sister or mom take turns staying with her. She could also sublet a furnished apartment for 2 months.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jaync said:

You haven't heard of BloodySkinny? It's Beth's special blend, processed with the blood from the worst case of fibroids known to womankin

Oh that has just killed my tatste buds...just plain disgusting. Gratefully I'm not on Dorinda's schedule of drinking!! 

I think she held onto the relationship especially in the beginning partly to upset Lu

I think she just genuinely liked Adam. Granted, he isn't my type, but to each their own.

I think she knows she'll never get young dick like his again

Of course she know, she has admitted she has only has a few seasons left and wants to enjoy them.

but she pushes him away to make it seem like it's her idea

Is she really pushing him away? I always thought him living with her was just a temporary thing.

Tinsley, on that evening, was focusing on the public humiliation aspect of her ordeal, so that's mainly what the other HWs were responding to -- the public embarrassment, as in, we've all been there, we've all been humiliated. Of course there are other, larger aspects  -- cycle of abuse, getting beaten up, psychological damage, but that aspect wasn't the focus of the conversation we saw, and mainly because Tinsely wasn't sharing that part

Or...given the discussion recently of all the editing that happens, it might have just been edited out?

I like Tinsley for the show. I think she'd make a great replacement for Sonya. They are the same person, only Tinsley has more money allegedly. Tinsley is stuck in a time warp, she is attracted to boys in their 20's.

I like her too. I'd like to see a second season of her, if only to see her living on her own (I'd hope she wouldn't still be at Sonja's if she has a second season) and how she'd cope with that.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I think she just genuinely liked Adam. Granted, he isn't my type, but to each their own.

Of course she know, she has admitted she has only has a few seasons left and wants to enjoy them.

Is she really pushing him away? I always thought him living with her was just a temporary thing.

Or...given the discussion recently of all the editing that happens, it might have just been edited out?

I like her too. I'd like to see a second season of her, if only to see her living on her own (I'd hope she wouldn't still be at Sonja's if she has a second season) and how she'd cope with that.

Got to give Carole props for knowing and admitting it most likely wan't going to be a long term relationship. Eyes wide open. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Please clarify. The mess she makes of all her stuff strewn all over the place while she is there...OR...the mess she leaves after staying there? 

I tip the housekeeping staff daily (not the same people do my room every day of my stay) and confine all my towels to a pile in the bathroom. (Sometimes they're generous and I get more or better amenities)  My friends have been known to tease me because I will also put shopping bags in the waste paper baskets so the basket itself doesn't get soiled. What can I say? I like orderly and not leaving a personal mess for someone else to clean up. 

Ramona wouldn't be happy if you didn't use coasters on her furniture for instance. Does she even give a hoot when it's not her belongings? 

Dorinda who got quite chatty after the Berkshires episode mentioned there had been issues with Ramona in the past with the way she treats her lodgings.  Not only does she expect valet service, she is highly critical and helps herself to whatever she sees fit.  It always sounded to me as if Ramona thinks she is very entitled and she is expecting A list treatment when she isn't on the celebrity radar.  Most of the time they are comped accommodations in exchange for exposure on the show.  First clue-Ramona shares a room.  I believe this is where they are staying next-check out the staff the estate comes with.  Ramona will have a field day. 

• Love 7

I do wonder if Tinsley as well as all of the HW’s are very careful with what they say due to the possible legal ramifications. Could she be sued for defamation of character if Nico is mentioned and she reveals details linking him specifically to the abuse? Would the other ladies be summoned to testify on what Tinsley has said to them?

I know there are pictures of her bruising and the hospital report of her being there getting staples in her head. Would Tinsley have to “prove” in court that he caused those injuries? How would she prove it? From what I understand about that particular incident from 2103, she was not at his place, she went right to the hospital. I know in some articles it was said that he broke the windshield wiper on her mother’s car and keyed it…but there are no pictures or video footage.

I also wonder if there are other details in that agreement she signed in July 2016 that were sealed.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Tinsley needed a profile job-going from mug shot to holding an apple on RHONYC seems like a step up.

If there weren't some PTSD-ish stuff to overcome, I'd agree. At best this seems like a sideways move. 

Then again, taping the show and THs probably takes up a relatively small percentage of her days & nights.  

16 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

If there weren't some PTSD-ish stuff to overcome, I'd agree. At best this seems like a sideways move. 

Then again, taping the show and THs probably takes up a relatively small percentage of her days & nights.  

This isn't necessarily directed at you but I am curious as to what is the prescribed treatment for PTSD?  Are they institutionalized, forced to live alone, receive some sort of stipend so they don't re-enter the work force while suffering from PTSD?  I kind of have the same questions regarding when Tinsley should re-enter the dating world.  Is there some sort of prescribed time before she should be allowed to be unleashed on the males of the UES?  Or new York City in general.  Is there also some treatment portion that claims you should cut your hair and give up false eyelashes?  Because I cannot find any information regarding the treatment of PTSD domestic violence that has set time lines or even suggested timelines for return to work, family or living arrangements.  Lots of talk about therapy.

Under arrest as opposed to a six figure salary?  I don't see that as a lateral move.  From what I have read I feel people really want to punish Tinsley for coming on the show.  It is not as if they recruit people who are blemish free.  I believe Tinsley is the first trust fund baby we have seen on the show even though there are some who try and carry off they are something they are not.  Maybe Aviva?  She might have a had a trust for her childhood injuries. 

• Love 5

From the Trashtalktv recap

Therapst: He asks what she wants to do besides getting blitzed because she has to find the value in herself.

RHONY-Recap-06.28.2017-tinsley-at-therap

“I’m starting a hotline where you can speak to my ruffles for 99 cents a minute.”

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

I agree.  I'm old enough to be his grandmother, but in my 30s, 40s...and maybe tiptoeing into my 50s, he would have been my type.  Nothing for the long-term on my part...most likely.

1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Me too.

• Love 5