Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: A Bronx Tale

• Start Topic

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/jose-lambiet/article91273547.html

Interesting article

The deferred prosecution paperwork shows the charge against Mortimer, 40, will be officially dismissed at a hearing at the county jail Dec. 30 if she abides by these conditions: No contact with Fanjul “by any means directly or indirectly;” No visit to his home as well as the $14 million home of his parents, sugar baron Alexander Fanjul and his wife Nicole; no new arrest, traffic infractions or conviction.

If Mortimer fails to abide with the conditions, according to the document, the office of the Palm Beach County State Attorney will continue its prosecution of the trespassing case, which could send the former Dior brand ambassador to the county jail for up to a year.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Tinsley:

First of all, no one is saying I'm in need of a fucking man. I would like to have a boyfriend and a husband, eventually. I would like to get my own place and be self sufficient as I've always been in my life. I just came through such a bad relationship. At the end of the day, I'm 41, I do not have children, I told you (looks to Carole). You didn't want one, whatever. But you have one, everyone has one, I just saying, you didn't want one. Okay, but I'm just saying...STOP!

Tinsley said I told you

Just played it again three times.  I hear like all of you.  That's why she turned to Carole and said you didn't want one.  She was correcting herself for saying 'all of you'

• Love 6
(edited)

Bethenny and Tinsley kitchen conversation before dinner

B: How have you been? What’s going on? What’s New?

T: I’m kind of BOY crazy right now

B: Good

T: But I only kiss, that’s what I’m doing. I’m just saying. I haven’t even…

B: I don’t care if you’re wearing a dog collar on a swing. It’s not my business

T: I haven’t met that many people, but I’m looking (smirk…pause) a LOT

T TH: Right now what I’m looking for in a guy is very basic. Are you a man and do you have a job. Oh and are you older than me? Check, check, check

T: My new thing is he can not be Waspy, no way. I’m just over it. I know, I’m stereotyping, but each one I’ve ever met or dated and the whole thing are just always sort of the same type. They sleep in too late, they don’t work as hard, it’s just this mentality and I can’t do it anymore.

First I laughed when B said What’s going on? What’s new? I was hearing Ronnie Karam and Ben Mandelker from the Watch What Crappens Podcast impersonate Bethenny in a Woody Allen voice and Whatsa matta? Whats going on? are the names of her assistants

Tinsley: No worries, I’m pretty sure any man in high society over 41 that has a trust fund and wants to marry and have kids will have their own check list. No Mug Shot, No Arrest, Between the ages of 21-28. Sorry Tins – no checks for you

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole and Tinsley were the only childless women at the table and Tinsley was trying to make the point she wanted children, the others had children except Carole and it was by choice.  It isn't about eating crackers, it was a statement of fact.  Carole does not have children.  She apparently chose not to have children,  Tinsley wants children.  Had Tinsley not noted the exception she would have been deemed unreliable, hysterical and unfeeling towards childless Carole.

This group has the same conversation about marriage.  Luann and Tinsley want marriage, the rest don't.  It isn't necessarily  a bad thing to want to be married, except in this group.  This would not be a conversation on RHOBH.   There is  only one marriage in the group they tried to either stop the marriage or discount it.  The majority continued to degrade the couple and their union.  This is also just a fact.  There is significant footage to support this claim.   

I find it interesting that my comment, (quoted above) is being singled out that apparently generated about 75 comments.  There is a reoccurring theme on the thread this week where a little piece of the show takes on a life of its own.  Add to that I states that Carole asking someone at what age they had anal sex was a breach of privacy and crude.  Not to worry I was told about 20 different ways how wrong I was that it wasn't invasive or crude to ask someone about at what age they had anal sex  compared to asking (which never) happened why Carole was childless by choice.  The other example is Luann saying, "she thought one of the chef's used the restroom," devolved into Luann refusing to let the help use the restroom and a pretentious snob.  Didn't happen.  Luann never said the staff could not use the basement restroom,  Luann comments about the accommodations were simply a precursor to accepting an invitation in Mexico, and letting the host (Bethenny) know she wanted nicer accommodations and presumably a private bath.  (Not to worry Luann the worst that could happen is you could take a golf cart and stay at the W Hotel next door).  The producers and Bethenny are making the handing out of the rooms the power play.  First Vermont and now Mexico and Bethenny controls the reins.

I thought it was odd since she told Andy her one rhony regret was the anal joke she made about Sonja and the Pirate in her talking head that season.  She said she wrote a long apology letter and felt horrible but she can't stay away from the topic I guess lol

Edited by Inspectabecky
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Inspectabecky said:

I thought it was odd since she told Andy her one rhony regret was the anal joke she made about Sonja and the Pirate in her talking head that season.  She said she wrote a long apology letter and felt horrible but she can't stay away from the topic I guess lol

Sonja said the letter was lovely.

But this seems very different. Carole had apparently seen Sonja and the Pirate and revealed something she said later she should not have. Although I never saw the big deal. Sonja was very clear about the fact that she was going to have sex with him, and then later admitted that she did have sex with him. She said it on camera. Maybe I am not prude enough, but if you are going to admit to the world (and your young daughter at home) that you had sex with a random guy on vacation, what difference does it make what kind of sex you had? 

In this case she is asking a question during a game. A game where no one is under the obligation to be truthful throughout. Nor under any obligation to just refuse to answer the question. 

• Love 7

Sonja:

You don't know Tinsley like I do. I don't want to see her involved with another guy right away. She hasn't even gotten her own TP.

Does Sonja mean TP as in toilet paper?

So is she saying Tinsley is clueless, helpless, indecisive, lazy, needy?

• Love 4

but she can't stay away from the topic I guess

Yeah, she mentioned it 3 or 4 times over 5 years on the show...she must be addicted to the topic!

• Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

You don't know Tinsley like I do. I don't want to see her involved with another guy right away. She hasn't even gotten her own TP.

Or TP as in Tom's Penis? ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Yeah, she mentioned it 3 or 4 times over 5 years on the show...she must be addicted to the topic!

I get why u don't see an issue with B's use of hyperbole.  I merely noted that for someone whose sole show regret involves the topic of anal, it would be the easiest subject to never touch again just to be safe.  I think that's a sensible suggestion, nowhere did I call her a salad addict.

• Love 6

I get why u don't see an issue with B's use of hyperbole.

It varies from person to person :)

I merely noted that for someone whose sole show regret involves the topic of anal

Nope, that wasn't her regret at all. It was bringing up the topic with regards to a private issue with Sonja.

nowhere did I call her a salad addict

"she can't stay away from the topic" is pretty close. :)

• Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, BBHN said:

It varies from person to person :)

Nope, that wasn't her regret at all. It was bringing up the topic with regards to a private issue with Sonja.

"she can't stay away from the topic" is pretty close. :)

Do you really think I was being literal? Regardless of the nuance, the topic is the same and something that a lot of moms wouldn't want to discuss on tv,  it would make sense to just take it off the table.  This isn't that deep omg.

and I can't type without saying 'that's what she said' nonstop so I'm ovey!

Edited by Inspectabecky
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

They do, and it's fun with the right people. And then you can play "Cards Against Humanity" which will also put you in a position to say outrageous and totally socially unacceptable and embarrassing things to a group of people. It helps if you have a lot of booze. 

That  game ........  I was all prudish because it's very crude, politically incorrect, as well as racist, IMO.  But it became easier the more I drank.  Mostly because I'm competetive. 

5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Tinsley:

First of all, no one is saying I'm in need of a fucking man. I would like to have a boyfriend and a husband, eventually. I would like to get my own place and be self sufficient as I've always been in my life. I just came through such a bad relationship. At the end of the day, I'm 41, I do not have children, I told you (looks to Carole). You didn't want one, whatever. But you have one, everyone has one, I just saying, you didn't want one. Okay, but I'm just saying...STOP!

Tinsley said I told you

The "whatever" is completely dismissive.  It implies that Carole is irrelevant.  I'm pretty sure I would have reacted the same way as Carole. Didn't Tinsley also hand wave her?  

The treatment by the veterans is no surprise.   Kristen was treated as a whiner for being concerned that Ramona cut her lip, then lobbed an oar at her face.  

IMO, Dorinda was given a break because she spoke her mind, and was willing to bring people down.  They learned to tiptoe around her - except my girl Heather.  And we saw what happened to her. 

52 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sonja:

So is she saying Tinsley is clueless, helpless, indecisive, lazy, needy?

Tipi?  As in home, house, dwelling?

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

That  game ........  I was all prudish because it's very crude, politically incorrect, as well as racist, IMO.  But it became easier the more I drank.  Mostly because I'm competitive. 

The "whatever" is completely dismissive.  It implies that Carole is irrelevant.  I'm pretty sure I would have reacted the same way as Carole. Didn't Tinsley also hand wave her?  

The treatment by the veterans is no surprise.   Kristen was treated as a whiner for being concerned that Ramona cut her lip, then lobbed an oar at her face.  

IMO, Dorinda was given a break because she spoke her mind, and was willing to bring people down.  They learned to tiptoe around her - except my girl Heather.  And we saw what happened to her. 

Yes Tinsley did a finger flick move - very dismissive. I still believe the reason Tinsley did it was because she knew Carole would not bark back. She wasn't going to go up against Sonja, Dorinda or Luann (the 3 that were most verbal during the discussion) I also think Tinsley bitched to all of the women about Sonja and expected them to scold Sonja not tell her she should move.

I do wonder if the other ladies knew of the meltdown Tinsley had apartment hunting with her mom.

I also thought after seeing that scene, Tinsley is a bit of a bitch. She was looking at apartments in the 9000 per month range. She has been living in Sonja's townhouse for over 4 months. She wasn't staying there so she could save up money for a security and deposit. She could have easily given Sonja $9000 to pay some household bills/Connors salary and she could have hired her own assistant.

Now Heather - that is a HW I would love to see back on this show. She was a good fit. She wasn't my favorite but I felt she always held her own in this group.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bethenny and Tinsley kitchen conversation before dinner

B: How have you been? What’s going on? What’s New?

T: I’m kind of BOY crazy right now

B: Good

T: But I only kiss, that’s what I’m doing. I’m just saying. I haven’t even…

B: I don’t care if you’re wearing a dog collar on a swing. It’s not my business

T: I haven’t met that many people, but I’m looking (smirk…pause) a LOT

T TH: Right now what I’m looking for in a guy is very basic. Are you a man and do you have a job. Oh and are you older than me? Check, check, check

T: My new thing is he can not be Waspy, no way. I’m just over it. I know, I’m stereotyping, but each one I’ve ever met or dated and the whole thing are just always sort of the same type. They sleep in too late, they don’t work as hard, it’s just this mentality and I can’t do it anymore.

First I laughed when B said What’s going on? What’s new? I was hearing Ronnie Karam and Ben Mandelker from the Watch What Crappens Podcast impersonate Bethenny in a Woody Allen voice and Whatsa matta? Whats going on? are the names of her assistants

Tinsley: No worries, I’m pretty sure any man in high society over 41 that has a trust fund and wants to marry and have kids will have their own check list. No Mug Shot, No Arrest, Between the ages of 21-28. Sorry Tins – no checks for yo

Not so sure about that.

many trust fund men after a certain age do as they please.

My favorites are the ones who marry former dancers and don't give a fuck.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Now Heather - that is a HW I would love to see back on this show. She was a good fit. She wasn't my favorite but I felt she always held her own in this group.

This is my dream. But I want her back with Beth still on. I felt cheated that she left after Beth's first season. They had a rocky start but then started to gel. One of my all time fav scenes was the two of them with Sonja when they met Sonja's "team". Two really strong women who are both very good at what they do giving advice and props to the other in their area of expertise. And not believing the shit they were hearing. I would love to have them both on the show again. 

• Love 9

Do you really think I was being literal?

Again, it varies from person to person :)

Regardless of the nuance, the topic is the same

The nuance is what gives the topic a different feel. The specific details of Sonja's case vs general questions about the topic. Again, it isn't the same.

lot of moms wouldn't want to discuss on tv,  it would make sense to just take it off the table

Maybe some of the less uptight ones are ok with discussing it on TV? We'll have to take an official poll.

This isn't that deep omg.

Yeah, mentioning something 3 or 4 times over 5 years really isn't.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

Do you really think I was being literal? Regardless of the nuance, the topic is the same and something that a lot of moms wouldn't want to discuss on tv,  it would make sense to just take it off the table.  This isn't that deep omg.

and I can't type without saying 'that's what she said' nonstop so I'm ovey!

Sure, there are a lot of moms who wouldn't want there kids to know this reality about their parents. But I call foul on it being many of these moms. Lu was salivating over her pirate, and it all played out on TV. Her actual actions were much more embarrassing and had more long-term implications (Jacque) than someone asking her a question about anal sex. Remember her advice to Carole a few seasons ago? That young men were fine for fucking, but don't have a relationship with them. Those words always make children proud. Sonja talks constantly about sex, sex toys, positions, etc. "Sometimes a girl just wants to get pounded - hard". Stuff like that. All the time. I am all about a healthy sex life, but if I want to keep things from my kids, I don't say things like that on TV. A little late to be acting coy about playing a game. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Sure, there are a lot of moms who wouldn't want there kids to know this reality about their parents. But I call foul on it being many of these moms. Lu was salivating over her pirate, and it all played out on TV. Her actual actions were much more embarrassing and had more long-term implications (Jacque) than someone asking her a question about anal sex. Remember her advice to Carole a few seasons ago? That young men were fine for fucking, but don't have a relationship with them. Those words always make children proud. Sonja talks constantly about sex, sex toys, positions, etc. "Sometimes a girl just wants to get pounded - hard". Stuff like that. All the time. I am all about a healthy sex life, but if I want to keep things from my kids, I don't say things like that on TV. A little late to be acting coy about playing a game. 

that paycheck is something else.

and no, besides some selected women(maybe one or two at most in my group,)not many would discus their sex life in front of their kids.

They obviously know that we are not nuns. However, what we do during our sexy times is our god damn business.

Children are children and they do not need to know every single thing about their parents, imo.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Sonja and Luann were in Sonja's bedroom. Luann said she had that extra row of alligator teeth. Luann pulled Sonja's finger into her mouth to let Sonja feel it. Sonja said how do you do blowjobs then? Luann laughed.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sonja and Luann were in Sonja's bedroom. Luann said she had that extra row of alligator teeth. Luann pulled Sonja's finger into her mouth to let Sonja feel it. Sonja said how do you do blowjobs then? Luann laughed.

Public service announcement:

Do not google "extra row of teeth" if you are at all trypophobic :(

Just don't.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

That was the season Lu decided to throw away the Countess pretense for the time being. She was really raunchy that season. She was single and ready to mingle. The extra row of teeth deal, the taking the young man into the restroom for whatever it was they were going to do in there. Which might have been nothing, but she was certainly winking and enjoying that she was giving the impression that there was more than just the usual peeing and hand washing that was about to go down. The speech she gave in T&C (which I thought was all kinds of awesome) about how she had had the best sex of her life just the night before, and how free, in control, and sexual she was feeling about her life. She was actually really fun during that time. Really cool. And then her real character came out with the Adam stuff. Such a shame. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

That was the season Lu decided to throw away the Countess pretense for the time being. She was really raunchy that season. She was single and ready to mingle. The extra row of teeth deal, the taking the young man into the restroom for whatever it was they were going to do in there. Which might have been nothing, but she was certainly winking and enjoying that she was giving the impression that there was more than just the usual peeing and hand washing that was about to go down. The speech she gave in T&C (which I thought was all kinds of awesome) about how she had had the best sex of her life just the night before, and how free, in control, and sexual she was feeling about her life. She was actually really fun during that time. Really cool. And then her real character came out with the Adam stuff. Such a shame. 

HA! I thought they were going in the bathroom to do lines...and the reason she told Dorinda to just drop it (the drug allegations) at the reunion. She didn't want it out there that she (Luann) also may partake in a little  drug use. 

• Love 4

Hopefully her kids saw none of that, because her kids did not need to know that about her...

• Love 5
16 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Yes Tinsley did a finger flick move - very dismissive. I still believe the reason Tinsley did it was because she knew Carole would not bark back. She wasn't going to go up against Sonja, Dorinda or Luann (the 3 that were most verbal during the discussion) I also think Tinsley bitched to all of the women about Sonja and expected them to scold Sonja not tell her she should move.

I do wonder if the other ladies knew of the meltdown Tinsley had apartment hunting with her mom.

I also thought after seeing that scene, Tinsley is a bit of a bitch. She was looking at apartments in the 9000 per month range. She has been living in Sonja's townhouse for over 4 months. She wasn't staying there so she could save up money for a security and deposit. She could have easily given Sonja $9000 to pay some household bills/Connors salary and she could have hired her own assistant.

I was waiting for the therapist to tell Tinsley, "You're a spoiled bitch. Grow the f up, ASSWIPE" 

• Love 5

Asking someone whether they have children or not is a harmless question that can be asked at a cocktail party or a church social.  Asking why they do or don't have kids is highly intrusive and personal.

Asking someone about the age they first had anal sex is highly personal and intrusive no matter what the setting (except at maybe some swinger parties).

Carole is in fact childless so no one is insulting her by pointing it out. I think she probably told Tinsley that she didn't want them and was fine with that which is why Tinsley said that she didn't want them. The whatever is what made it sound a little cavalier but pointing out that Carole in fact does not have kids is not

• Love 5
(edited)

Why is John (seemingly) accepting business offers on behalf of Dorinda?  That is supremely sketchy, and if my significant other did that I would be livid.

Also, this episode was fucking hilarious.  These women are really at their best when they're all in one location with access to liquor. 

Edited by ladle
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ladle said:

Why is John (seemingly) accepting business offers on behalf of Dorinda?  That is supremely sketchy, and if my significant other did that I would be livid.

John has always been very shady, to me. That glint in his eyes. I'm like, "what is he UP to?" I loved when Dorinda countered with, "John Madhessian doesn't run my estate". Basically - he doesn't speak for me. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

John has always been very shady, to me. That glint in his eyes. I'm like, "what is he UP to?" I loved when Dorinda countered with, "John Madhessian doesn't run my estate". Basically - he doesn't speak for me. 

He probably thought he was getting back at Bethenny...Skinny Cow stuff. I think he is the asswipe. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I hate how he runs his eyes up and down every HW he greets! Dorinda can do way better...

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

I hate how he runs his eyes up and down every HW he greets! Dorinda can do way better...

She really can. I don't think she wants to get too serious, after Richard. I think John is fun and they must have great chemistry in bed, but she's not letting him in too much. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Sonja's vibrators have been shown several times, with Sonja pointing out that it's a vibrator.  She also demonstrated her routine of giving it a quick scrub and throwing it in the dishwasher.  Not to mention her temper tantrum when she thought Lu had sent the pirate away before Sonja received sloppy seconds, then her smiling report of being bent over with her head in the bushes.  If she had a reaction to Carole saying anal sex, it was probably in protest to Carole rejecting truth or dare.  Sonja is just dying to brag about her conquests.

6 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

HA! I thought they were going in the bathroom to do lines...and the reason she told Dorinda to just drop it (the drug allegations) at the reunion. She didn't want it out there that she (Luann) also may partake in a little  drug use. 

That wouldn't surprise me a bit.  But the way Lu was climbing on the guy, it seemed pretty clear what she was planning on doing. After all, while there's no class in fucking in the bathroom, it's not flat out illegal like cocaine.  

Anyway, there's absolutely nothing innocent to be done when an opposite sex couple enters a single sex bathroom.  But now that Lu is old-fashioned, I'm sure her fans will find an innocent excuse.  I don't recall many denying what it was back when that episode aired.  The energy spent re-writing history has got to be exausting. 

• Love 6
(edited)
24 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Sonja's vibrators have been shown several times, with Sonja pointing out that it's a vibrator.  She also demonstrated her routine of giving it a quick scrub and throwing it in the dishwasher.  Not to mention her temper tantrum when she thought Lu had sent the pirate away before Sonja received sloppy seconds, then her smiling report of being bent over with her head in the bushes.  If she had a reaction to Carole saying anal sex, it was probably in protest to Carole rejecting truth or dare.  Sonja is just dying to brag about her conquests.

That wouldn't surprise me a bit.  But the way Lu was climbing on the guy, it seemed pretty clear what she was planning on doing. After all, while there's no class in fucking in the bathroom, it's not flat out illegal like cocaine.  

Anyway, there's absolutely nothing innocent to be done when an opposite sex couple enters a single sex bathroom.  But now that Lu is old-fashioned, I'm sure her fans will find an innocent excuse.  I don't recall many denying what it was back when that episode aired.  The energy spent re-writing history has got to be exausting. 

raw.gif

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Sure, there are a lot of moms who wouldn't want there kids to know this reality about their parents. But I call foul on it being many of these moms. Lu was salivating over her pirate, and it all played out on TV. Her actual actions were much more embarrassing and had more long-term implications (Jacque) than someone asking her a question about anal sex. Remember her advice to Carole a few seasons ago? That young men were fine for fucking, but don't have a relationship with them. Those words always make children proud. Sonja talks constantly about sex, sex toys, positions, etc. "Sometimes a girl just wants to get pounded - hard". Stuff like that. All the time. I am all about a healthy sex life, but if I want to keep things from my kids, I don't say things like that on TV. A little late to be acting coy about playing a game. ss

I completely agree, I couldn't believe Sonja got mad at carole for that bc a. she's Sonja and b. I'm almost pos that she made a butt sex pirate joke in a talking head too!  BUT, she did get pissed and carole felt awful, so using that logic I figured she could pay the tiny cost of skipping butt talk to avoid that happening again.  I agree with you that I would have no apologies going there with this cast bc they lovvve talking sex sh*t (umm the sushi dinner about luanns special talent), but obviously carole cares...

• Love 1

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @LISIN, @ONCESANE, @MYA STONE, @AETHERA.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.

This is the episode where they go skiing?  Just wanted to add, as a skier myself, that Ramona having her instructor/eye candy carry her equipment is very out of line.  You are taught very young that everyone carries their own equipment.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/29/2017 at 2:31 AM, BBHN said:

Apparently, John fucked her so hard, she developed luggage amnesia.

Omg! Dorinda has been cracking me up this season! 

This story about the great sex and luggage had me roaring with laughter!! 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2