Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: A New Baby

• Start Topic

Jessa's due date is nigh, so family and friends help the Seewalds prepare for the new baby. Meanwhile, Joy and Austin's house-flipping project continues; and Austin asks Jim Bob an important question.

The Duggar Official page captioned that Jessa had Jill, Jana and Michelle in attendance and Joe ran errands for them....sooooooo, yes, Jessa delivered unattended. What a stupid chance to take. I don't expect much more from Jilly either.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

The Duggar Official page captioned that Jessa had Jill, Jana and Michelle in attendance and Joe ran errands for them....sooooooo, yes, Jessa delivered unattended. What a stupid chance to take. I don't expect much more from Jilly either.

The odd part is...didn't Michelle deliver her kids in hospitals?  What's with all the home births?  Especially when they've had some major complications.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

The odd part is...didn't Michelle deliver her kids in hospitals?  What's with all the home births?  Especially when they've had some major complications.

Because ... Jesus. 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Do you mean the Duggar fan blog (Lily and Ellie's)? I don't see anything on DFO. 

eta: I found a TLC video posted to Lily and Ellie's blog. Jessa's labor video looks like cell phone video again. I wonder if TLC now refuses to attend unattended births due to possible lawsuits? It seems as if TLC was welcomed in soon after (Ben holding Henry in a towel). 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

Yes, it was posted on Lily and Ellie's webpage. sorry I thought it was on their Official Family page...

Another thought, if TLC didn't film the birth for Jessa, why would they include film they didn't capture themselves on their show? I don't know how this works.

They did it with her first birth; that was all phone footage. TLC didn't show up that time until the ambulance did. 

I guess as long as a baby comes out, and they can film within a few hours of the birth, TLC will pay. Jessa may also insist that she doesn't want the cameramen around her cooter. I can totally see her making this demand, and TLC responding that if they provide phone footage, they're good. 

• Love 1

Saw a commercial -- these morons delivered at home? Again?? Don't they birth like 10 lb babies in that family and didn't Jessa like bleed out last time!? Is there any amount of risk that is too much for this family?

• Love 3

I wonder if Jessa paid "Dr." Jill. Knowing her, I'm sure she figured whatever TLC paid Jill to appear was enough. 

They got really lucky that they didn't have a repeat of last time. They sure love to test God, but one of these times, God is going to fail them in a very bad way, although my money is on that failure being with Jill. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder if Jessa paid "Dr." Jill. Knowing her, I'm sure she figured whatever TLC paid Jill to appear was enough. 

They got really lucky that they didn't have a repeat of last time. They sure love to test God, but one of these times, God is going to fail them in a very bad way, although my money is on that failure being with Jill. 

Pride goeth before the fall, said no duggar ever.  

Pride and a big fat TLC paycheck. A deadly combination.

• Love 16
(edited)

What a strange fuckin' family. They're all lacking in a sense of humor.

Jana threw Spurgeon into the swing. Holy crap. That was not gentle. 

Very cool of Jessa to take donations instead of gifts.  I like that.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 8
(edited)

Holy crap on a cracker you insane girls, toddlers cannot learn to share, and they cannot learn they are not the center of the universe. I really want to slap Jana and Jessa.

And which one of you had your mother's total attention other than your creepy brother Josh? or Josie? Ugh.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 13

I don't believe for one minute jessa and Ben didn't have any conversations about naming their first child until after he was born. Or that they've only had one conversation before having their second. 

• Love 10
(edited)

130 people for a baby shower and no rsvp's. 

Josiah looks terrible, unfortunately. 

D-wreck looks horrific. They even had to put captions on the screen due to being unintelligible. 

Cinder-Jana slaving away at the sewing machine making homemade clouds.

Edited by awaken
  • Love 13
(edited)
6 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Can they ever have a party and not do everything at the last minute?

Is that the party when Sierra made all those awful cupcakes in jars? If so, she had some lead time to make all those monstrosities. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Is that the party when Sierra made all those awful cupcakes in jars? 

Yup. They pick the most labor intensive projects. Plus what is it with Jackson? Poor kid has to help while wearing that hat.

• Love 2

This family genuinely doesn't understand why Jinger isn't pregnant yet. It's really beyond their tiny little brains.

Yea only prayer to prepare for your child's birth is probably very smart. Idiots.

• Love 20
27 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Please stop showing commercials for Hair Goddess!  The Duggar females no longer have the most annoying voices on TV. Thanks TLC!

I'm (whatever her name is) and I change people's loives one hair extension at a toime.

• Love 12
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Ok seriously, there's a Justin? Who knew?

Pretty sure he was on Jessa's buddy team, which is why no one has ever heard of him. Kinda like poor, lost Jordyn. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10

Where are the ###!!??##!!! Smoke alarms?  I burn toast and mine are going off....they have that huge house, the crap in the bottom of the oven burns and nothing.  There"s something wrong there, please say the were temporarily disconnected for the shower.

Josie using the ballon inflator the way she held it will never not be funny.

An hour and 15 in and no labor yet, there's very little birth in this birth special.

• Love 6

Can these people do ANYTHING without Jana's help? 

44 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Please stop showing commercials for Hair Goddess!  The Duggar females no longer have the most annoying voices on TV. Thanks TLC!

And what is with that last dark, grainy, out-of-focus shot of them slow-walking through a parking lot?  It looks like it was filmed by a teenager with a cell phone.

• Love 2
(edited)

Hair Extension Fairy(aka Hairy goddess) is the TLC, poor man's version of the Kardashians...down to the annoying baby voiced vocal fry..........

The sisters keep asking Jinge if she is pregnant every time they get on FaceTime, so I imagine both Jinge and the Pastor  shooting her stupid family 4 hands of the double middle fingers under the table..

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 14

Jessa and Ben seem much more relaxed and jokey around each other now.  It's kind of nice. Well, nice for Duggarland.

jill is an idiot. *eyes wide* "I walk in and jessa's like....having a baby". Jesus woman you wanted to be an assistant to a midwife (or whatever the hell she was doing)? Lord 

• Love 23
1 minute ago, ms.o said:

Jessa and Ben seem much more relaxed and jokey around each other now.  It's kind of nice. Well, nice for Duggarland.

jill is an idiot. *eyes wide* "I walk in and jessa's like....having a baby". Jesus woman you wanted to be an assistant to a midwife (or whatever the hell she was doing)? Lord 

She trained to be a MIDWIFE. She just never took the state exam for licensure, so she is not legally supposed to be doing this. 

• Love 8

I'm glad Ben and Jess are comfortable around each other, but man they're idiots. Ben -- I'm glad we live near the hospital in case you need to be transported. Um -- that's why people deliver IN hospitals, not NEAR them.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Plus what is it with Jackson? Poor kid has to help while wearing that hat.

Probably to hide his shaved head from his recent "Alert" adventure.

Can't believe I'm watching (part of ) this. If i had to hang out with a bunch of hens cackling about labor, deliveries, pregnancies, and babies, I'd never come back from Laredo ever.  Births-aren't-my-thing-Jinge doesn't seem one bit homesick.

Izzy seems like the smart analytical type. Who knew?

At least five pairs of ungloved hands touched every piece of that shower food.

New drinking game : chug every time Jana says "little one".

Love the Jazz-ads and the endless vagina talk.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, cereality said:

I'm glad Ben and Jess are comfortable around each other, but man they're idiots. Ben -- I'm glad we live near the hospital in case you need to be transported. Um -- that's why people deliver IN hospitals, not NEAR them.

I dunno how comfortable he really is though, considering that statement sounds like he's too henpecked to state he wished they WERE in the hospital.

• Love 2

Both Ben and Jess have mentioned at least a half dozen times how worried they were about a transport to the hospital. Um -- how about birthing AT the hospital in that case!? And given that you have back labor, why not go someplace where they can give you an epidural??

How sad that Jana has seen so many births that she walked in and said - she sounds like she's in transition. I'm sorry but no single virgin should know that -- unless she happens to be an MD or a nurse.

Maybe it bodes well for Jinger that she doesn't want to be around birth. Maybe that means she won't be inclined to do it 15 times.

And again Ben is overwhelmed bc he's worried during the placenta delivery about excessive bleeding . . . um, can you say hospital!?

• Love 19