Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E27: Truth Be Told

• Start Topic

Just now, Brooklynista said:

Mackenzie seems so cold. What is her end game here? Ryan is flying high down I-95, Bentley isn't next to his dad, and Jen is off in a corner crying. None of that phases her, she's just looking for the officiant to marry a dope fiend.

Wheres the win?

Her own baby, so she can be a bigger part of the show? I honestly don't get it either.

• Love 15

Is your marriage legal if you're higher than a kite? I wonder if Ryan will even remember getting married. 

Farrah. Hate her with the heat of a thousand suns, what a horrible person. 

Are Amber and doofus really apart for good? I hope so. And I'll bet money that Leah could care less. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Is your marriage legal if you're higher than a kite? I wonder if Ryan will even remember getting married. 

I was wondering the same thing.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I was wondering that, too. Seems like either one would easily have grounds for a divorce since Ryan was clearly out of his mind at the time 

• Love 11

The box is probably there to keep Nova from climbing out that way. I had a crib like that and that's how my daughter made her exit, and the crib then got converted to a toddler bed. No boxes, lol.

I want to know if there were more than 3 questions for the lie detector test. She was just waiting for her moment to bolt out of there.

Yes Amber, Matt did alot for Leah, because you didn't. I honestly don't think Leah will give a shit. But they are probably together so, moot point.

• Love 13

Well I must say Debra's fit in the salon lasted 2.2 seconds.  Farrah said she didn't need to throw a fit in front of her daughter so wanted her to leave the room.  Debra's face, devoid of any tears that went with the whine a second ago, read "I just told you I wanted to die and your response is get out, not in front of my kid."  Me, I think Debra is a big phony that tries to garner sympathy for her plight and I just don't take her seriously.  If her kid is using and abusing her, then take your fraction of a man fiancé, and get on with your life.

i am still watching the show and have not seen the David/Farrah argument yet.  I hope Farrah gives it to him good.  Pompous ass that he is.

• Love 22

Holy.....cow, that driving scene scared the crap outta me.  They could have died! I noticed no seatbelts! Idiots.  Mac looked pissed off the whole time, before and after wedding.  Why was Jen crying like a baby?

Oh Amber.  Don't go back to that fool.  I don't believe he never cheated.  On a different note, she looked beautiful in the red carpet hair and dress.  The onesie at the polygraph test was not cute.  

The scene at the end where Leah kisses little Emilio was precious.  

Farrah loves to fight.  Oh wait, she is the most chill easy to get along with person ever.  Ha.  What a miserable trip in a pretty place.  I feel bad for Deb a little.  She just wants Farrah to be nice and love her, and I don't think that will ever happen. 

T and C....durr, let's put our kid in daycare and then not have anything to do.  Errr.  Hate that!!!!

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

What are those boxes in the crib with Nova??

I have the same question.  Looked dangerous to me.

Amber's onesie was the bomb.

Desperate much, Mackenzie? 

Debra's dramatics are over the top.  I felt bad for Sophia at the nail salon.  Always goid to hear your grandma threaten suicide.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Holy.....cow, that driving scene scared the crap outta me.  They could have died! I noticed no seatbelts! Idiots.  Mac looked pissed off the whole time, before and after wedding.  Why was Jen crying like a baby?

Oh Amber.  Don't go back to that fool.  I don't believe he never cheated.  On a different note, she looked beautiful in the red carpet hair and dress.  The onesie at the polygraph test was not cute.  

The scene at the end where Leah kisses little Emilio was precious.  

Farrah loves to fight.  Oh wait, she is the most chill easy to get along with person ever.  Ha.  What a miserable trip in a pretty place.  I feel bad for Deb a little.  She just wants Farrah to be nice and love her, and I don't think that will ever happen. 

T and C....durr, let's put our kid in daycare and then not have anything to do.  Errr.  Hate that!!!!

Wait, wait Cherry Cola, there is hope.  On Marriage Bootcamp Farrah took a lie detector test and the question was "do you hate your mother". Her answer was "no" and there was no deception indicated.  So since she doesn't hate her maybe there is hope that one day they will have a normal relationship.  Maybe not in my lifetime, but just maybe one day..

ohhh I am just seeing the amber/David lie detector fight, gotta go.  Lol

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, snarts said:

I have the same question.  Looked dangerous to me.

Amber's onesie was the bomb.

Desperate much, Mackenzie? 

Debra's dramatics are over the top.  I felt bad for Sophia at the nail salon.  Always goid to hear your grandma threaten suicide.

Poor Sophia, I know things like that should not shock me but it did! 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, druzy said:

""With the support of my wife and parents"...HA! No mention of St. Maci of Bud Lite. 

1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

What is wrong with young, stupid MacKenzie! That scene was so stressful to watch. Why would you be so gung ho to marry an addict? And then let him drive when he's high AF? Any judge seeing this scene is going to deny Ryan any visitation at all. 

It didn't work for Cory when he took Leah to court for the same behavior. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

"You know what? I really love The Good Book." lmao. Farrah is hilarious at times.

What happened to Debra? The woman who appeared on 16&P and early seasons of Teen Mom was not like this. She's almost an entirely different person.

Both Farrah and her sister, Ashley, have accused Deb of being bipolar and a alcoholic. She denies both claims. After the show came back from hiatus, she quit her job in Washington state or Oregon to follow Farrah around a film. The attention from being on this show seems to be a drug for her, and others, and I suspect the bipolar and alcoholic claims are true. 

• Love 14

TBH the way MTV set up that scene, I was expecting Ryan to flip the car (again). Glad they didn't die, or worse, kill anyone else, but they're idiots. The way Mackjkinzeey reacted to his comatose driving made it seem like it's nothing new. She was more concerned with optics than with telling her semi-vegetative benzo boyfriend to pull TF over and stop endangering the innocent people of Tennessee. 

I can barely watch Catelynn and Tyler any more. They're both so bloated and delusional. I've never seen anyone who needed a DAMN JOB as bad as those aimless losers. 

Nova is a stone cold weirdo. I want to see that kid at 16 in her space suit with a dragon tail, talking to invisible fairies in her Algebra class. (Lord let that child make it all the way to Algebra...)

I wish Amber would really dump Matt for real and also sue him and maybe kick him in the face. 

• Love 23
(edited)

I realize that the cast signs all sorts of waivers and they probably cannot sue MTV if they get injured (while driving without a seatbelt). BUT if MTV is filming Ryan while he's driving under the influence and he crashes causing injury or death to Person X, can't Person X's family sue MTV for allowing Ryan to drive recklessly for entertainment purposes?

Edited by Blissfool
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I realize that the cast signs all sorts of waivers and they probably cannot sue MTV if they get injured (while driving without a seatbelt). BUT if MTV is filming Ryan while he's driving under the influence and he crashes causing injury or death to Person X, can't Person X's family sue MTV?

What I learned from working with attorneys...Anyone can sue anybody for any reason. Winning their lawsuit is a different story.  So, to answer your question, yes. 

• Love 7
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I realize that the cast signs all sorts of waivers and they probably cannot sue MTV if they get injured (while driving without a seatbelt). BUT if MTV is filming Ryan while he's driving under the influence and he crashes causing injury or death to Person X, can't Person X's family sue MTV?

I think they may be able to sue the production company.

ETA: read @GreatKazu's response above.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 1

Does Mackenzie not drive?  Wedding dress or not I don't understand how she could continue to let him drive when he is speeding and nodding out.  This could and should affect her visitation rights with her child that she's clearly not thinking of.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

What I learned from working with attorneys...Anyone can sue anybody for any reason. Winning their lawsuit is a different story.  So, to answer your question, yes. 

Well, yeah, i realize anyone can sue. But i wonder if they could do it successfully. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Well, yeah, i realize anyone can sue. But i wonder if they could do it successfully. 

No way.  Production makes sure they're covered from any liability.  All reality show contestants and cast members pretty much sign their life away, and the networks and productions companies make sure they're not responsible for anything.  Look at what happened with that recent Bachelor in Paradise show.  Apparently no sexual assault happened, but even if it did, and even with all the alcohol, a leaked contract revealed that production couldn't be held liable for anything that happened to them while participating on the show.  In other words, enter at your own risk.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, lasandi said:

Ok why is Amber acting like Leah is going to crumble if Matt isn't in her life?  Didn't a few episodes back Leah want to make him disappear with her magic act? Bwahahaha. Amber trying to make excuses in her head to let him back in her life and not look the fool. She'll be doing it for BooBoo.  Girl, bye

What she meant was - she's going to crumble without Matt in regard to taking care of Leah.  He did everything while she stayed in bed.  Apparently, she hasn't seen Leah in six months for this very reason (although she said it's because she's "so depressed.")

• Love 17

What a depressing episode. Seriously can this thing end now?

Te only parts that were kind of enjoyable was watching Farrah. Ugh. 

Everything else was just painful and uncomfortable to watch. The wedding with Ryan and Mack was so terrible. Ryan incredibly high, Jen crying.

Also I want to feel for Amber when she was listing all the things Matt owns in his name in regards to her. Also I didn't read anything before I posted but if someone said it already who's the bleeped out person Matt made sexual advances towards? A producer? A family member?

• Love 3
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

There is no clear cut answer to such a question. Can a production company be sued for allowing a cast member to drive while under the influence? Sure. Would it make it to court? That depends. Usually tv shows cover their asses pretty good. Not all lawsuits end up going to court. Some are thrown out or they settle. 

As for the outcome, well, it depends. One would have to show the production company had total and complete knowledge of Ryan being under the influence. There has to be proof they knew it was dangerous for him to be behind the wheel. Since the cameras are fitted in the car, it would be hard to prove the production company allowed him to drive at all. It isn't as if the camera person is in the car with Ryan while he drove Was there negligence involved? There are various factors involved. It is not a black or white issue. These are the elements for proving negligence: http://injury.findlaw.com/accident-injury-law/proving-fault-what-is-negligence.html

Then, there is comparative negligence. That is the percentage of liability each party who is being sued is responsible for. For example, 20% liability to the production company, 10% to MTV, with the remaining percentage being Ryan and Mackenzie at fault. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

What is wrong with young, stupid MacKenzie! That scene was so stressful to watch. Why would you be so gung ho to marry an addict? And then let him drive when he's high AF? Any judge seeing this scene is going to deny Ryan any visitation at all. 

I CAN NOT believe she put HERSELF in danger like that!!!!! 

The minute she saw him keep zoning out, she should have made him pull over and at the least she could have driven --- better would be not marrying him. She is obviously an idiot for marrying himk, but I wouldn't have thought she would put her own life at risk like that. 

They were on a freeway for goodness sake. That scene was terrifying.  (I'm still watching the show - that's the last scene I saw before commercial) 

• Love 22

Why was Mackenzie practically dragging him down the aisle? Couldn't even wait for the real wedding date, had to invent some excuse about a custody hearing. Did anything ever come of that? When was this even filmed? Didn't Ryan go to rehab recently? Something is very fishy about Mackenzie. I don't trust her.

• Love 23

I think the party line is Ryan wants more custody and the lawyer said his chances were better if they were married. And I could tell how much that all mattered to Ryan when he made a mad dash to get his "hair cut" and then drove almost passed out on Xanax.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

There is no clear cut answer to such a question. Can a production company be sued for allowing a cast member to drive while under the influence? Sure. Would it make it to court? That depends. Usually tv shows cover their asses pretty good. Not all lawsuits end up going to court. Some are thrown out or they settle. 

As for the outcome, well, it depends. One would have to show the production company had total and complete knowledge of Ryan being under the influence. There has to be proof they knew it was dangerous for him to be behind the wheel. Since the cameras are fitted in the car, it would be hard to prove the production company allowed him to drive at all. It isn't as if the camera person is in the car with Ryan while he drove Was there negligence involved? There are various factors involved. It is not a black or white issue. These are the elements for proving negligence: http://injury.findlaw.com/accident-injury-law/proving-fault-what-is-negligence.html

Does anyone remember Ruthie on The Real World Hawaii (eons ago)?  She was an alcoholic cast member on the show, and one night she got really drunk at a club and got in a car to drive back to the house, but because a producer and camera crew were following her, they pulled her over and wouldn't let her drive home drunk.  Reality shows are supposed to capture people living their everyday, real lives, but I'm pretty sure I remember the producer talking about how she was endangering other people's lives, so it wasn't just about her.  The difference here is that Ryan and MacKenzie had a camera in the car, with no producer tagging along, so I don't see how they (production) could be in any way responsible.  

• Love 18

MTV you are assholes. You put a black screen with a message to warn us of disturbing scenes. Where were these screen warnings when Amber and Kail were abusing their respective partners? Where were these warnings when Jenelle and Keiffah did heroin? Where was the PSA for driving under the influence when Cate was high on her way to Boogie Town? Why were we not warned when Matt entered the MTV picture?!

I am certain MTV informed Maci of Ryan being caught on camera driving under the influence. The jig was up. 

• Love 22
(edited)

Personally, I LOVE Debras fiance. 

I don't know why everyone is hating on him. Maybe I missed something from previous seasons? 

If I was dating someone and their children talked to them the way Farrah speaks and treats her mother, I would hate their kids f-in guts, and I would have a HELL of a struggle not telling their kids off and putting them in their place every single time they started running their mouths.  

It's real hard to sit there silent when you're watching someone you care for be verbally abused every single time they see their child. Yet he kinda has to sit there is take it because we all know how Farrah gets, and she has serious issues directing her anger where it should be. She gets made at him and immediately redirects that rage towards anyone who is in her face at that moment, including her mom. 

I also feel that Farrah doesn't want her mom to be happy. She wants her mom running at her heels following her to every single thing and being her little slave. She loves being able to complain that her mom is there - then immediately tells her to come help her do xyz.

It also kills Farrah that her mom is getting married when she tried so hard to get Simon to marry her. 

Edited by lilsadone
  • Love 15

I don't know why everyone is hating on him. Maybe I missed something from previous seasons? 

Yes. Watch the episode where they first meet. That was the turning point. It was also a moment where a guy crossed the line and put his hands on Farrah in a way that was highly inappropriate. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, lasandi said:

Ok why is Amber acting like Leah is going to crumble if Matt isn't in her life?  Didn't a few episodes back Leah want to make him disappear with her magic act? Bwahahaha. Amber trying to make excuses in her head to let him back in her life and not look the fool. She'll be doing it for BooBoo.  Girl, bye

Amber is substituing Leah for herself. It is like when a kid is at camp with their stuffed animal and gets homesick. "Teddy is soooo sad. He misses our mommy."

• Love 19
(edited)

Amber was pissssssed.  She threw out the U word and the O word at him.  I put on my captioning to make sure she was talking about him and not said object of his "sexual advances". She said, and I quote, " You bitch, you (bleep) bitch! Who the f#^# do you think you are Trash?  TRASH, you ugly ass old mother f'er little (bleep) bitch. F you, I got your money bitch. I got you deals. I hooked you up with things.  I'll beat your ass.  I'll roundhouse your ass outta here", etc..etc..etc.

What was funny to me was Matt trying to act like what's the problem.  He was "hey babe, come here", "come on Amber",  "why are you so mad?" in between her yelling at him.

Matt might have to pull out the big guns and offer oral himself to get this not aired on tv. Lol, if he did, as we can see, it didn't work.  

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

MTV you are assholes. You put a black screen with a message to warn us of disturbing scenes. Where were these screen warnings when Amber and Kail were abusing their respective partners? Where were these warnings when Jenelle and Keiffah did heroin? Where was the PSA for driving under the influence when Cate was high on her way to Boogie Town? Why were we not warned when Matt entered the MTV picture?!

I am certain MTV informed Maci of Ryan being caught on camera driving under the influence. The jig was up. 

I think that was what she learned about when they reenacted the call. I believe that scene, with her talking about him doing something dangerous, was filmed after the wedding.

• Love 10