Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E26: We Are Family

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

C&T are about an hour's drive from Marine City.  Did they just do a search for non-boring houses on the Internet, regardless of location?  They must have REALLY wanted to get away from April and/or Butch.  They're sort of out in the sticks -- I wonder what they're doing about child care now.

They have the chickens!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MissMel said:

Really?  They met at Walmart?  I don't know but I've been to Walmart a bunch of times.  I usually just come home with toilet paper and cat litter.  Not once have I came home with a husband or boyfriend.  These people need to learn how to order online and skip that whole 'meeting people' mess they seem to do, on the regular.

I'm pretty sure Amber met a dude there once too. I stopped shopping at Wal-mart 8 years ago, but I cannot imagine using it as a pick-up joint. Maybe that's the best their area of Indiana has to offer?

3 hours ago, vmcd88 said:

In my earlier  post about this episode I forgot to mention Maci blathering on and on about helping Ryan with his addiction problem to her husband.  I get that she would want Ryan to get clean for the sake of their son Bentley.  I dont get why she would think that she would think she would be the person he'd lean on for help. Shouldnt that be MacKenzie or...anyone else.   So weird.

Well, no one else is doing anything about it. So I can kind of see why she'd want to step up and take that responsibility. However, I'm not sure Ryan would respond well to it, coming from her, anyway. But my main issue is, I don't even know that she really intends to do it! We've seen a lot of talk, no action. 

2 hours ago, gunderda said:

I'm not surprised she lists it as Omaha.  Council Bluffs is like the red headed step child of Omaha lol 

No doubt. Omaha and CB are NOT one in the same. Cross that river and it's a whole other world! I kid, I kid.....kinda! (Omaha born, living in rural Iowa.) My sister saw Deb in Nordstroms years ago. I think she comes in Omaha for most everything. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

No doubt. Omaha and CB are NOT one in the same. Cross that river and it's a whole other world! I kid, I kid.....kinda! (Omaha born, living in rural Iowa.) My sister saw Deb in Nordstroms years ago. I think she comes in Omaha for most everything. 

Wait, WHAT?? Omaha has a Nordstroms???? Those bitches get everything lol

not that I'd shop there..... but I have a good friend that lives in Omaha and usually my trips to see her are also so I can go to a store or restaurant that Des Moines doesn't have yet lol

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Its easy to grow weed but hard to grow good weed.  It takes a lot of temp controls, science with the chemicals, patience and a lot of time. Its hard work to grow decent, smokeable weed. I've been doing it for a while and I have a dispensary owner helping me this time.  It is not easy at all.  Its especially hard to grow outside. You have no control over lighting and temperature.  I grow in an old shed that I insulated and added lighting, fans, ac etc. 

I just don't see them putting in the time and effort that I have. 

Maybe Florida's climate makes it a little bit different?  I mean, I wouldn't know since it's still illegal and all that.  From what I hear, it isn't too much work.  Allegedly.  ?

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, gunderda said:

can go to a store or restaurant that Des Moines doesn't have yet lol

I love how you post like Des Moines is basically falling off the edge of the earth, in the midwest.  Gives me a giggle every time! (My people mostly live in Ft. Madison and scattered out through Missouri.)

(edited)
19 minutes ago, gunderda said:

not that I'd shop there..... but I have a good friend that lives in Omaha and usually my trips to see her are also so I can go to a store or restaurant that Des Moines doesn't have yet lol

You guys are cracking me up about Omaha/CB. I'm an "other Nebraskan" who lives west of Omaha and even west of Lincoln (gasp! We do exist and we do have the internet). I don't frequent Omaha but have been raised with the understanding that Nebraska rules, Iowa drools. ? 

If Omaha is considered superior to Council Bluffs, then that's OBVIOUSLY where Debz claims to live, even though her house is east of the river. Back to the topic, David is weird and has terrible patient reviews and I was dying at Farrah criticizing him about not having a job. 

Edited by saratothej
  • Love 3

I think Cate & Tyler are trying to be Tarek & Christina from Flip or Flop. If you just watched the show and had no clue, you'd think T&C just pull up and buy the house they're looking at. But we all know as realtors, they are most likely putting way more thought into each property. Cate & Tyler are probably trying to "show" HGTV producers they can do it, too. Keep those reality checks coming. But HGTV has been spinning out different variations of Flip/Flop, so it may be a little late to try that. Nice try on Tyler's part, but most of those other flippers are professionals.  Long story....but I think this was Tyler's "be creative" attempt. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, MissMel said:

I love how you post like Des Moines is basically falling off the edge of the earth, in the midwest.  Gives me a giggle every time! (My people mostly live in Ft. Madison and scattered out through Missouri.)

We finally have most of the same restaurants and stores - but now I have a few fast food places I wish we had here lol  I'm running out of reasons to visit my friend. haha

12 minutes ago, Bblack3 said:

I think Cate & Tyler are trying to be Tarek & Christina from Flip or Flop. If you just watched the show and had no clue, you'd think T&C just pull up and buy the house they're looking at. But we all know as realtors, they are most likely putting way more thought into each property. Cate & Tyler are probably trying to "show" HGTV producers they can do it, too. Keep those reality checks coming. But HGTV has been spinning out different variations of Flip/Flop, so it may be a little late to try that. Nice try on Tyler's part, but most of those other flippers are professionals.  Long story....but I think this was Tyler's "be creative" attempt. 

That's probably their next plan if the clothing line fails miserably lol 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, MissMel said:

Maybe Florida's climate makes it a little bit different?  I mean, I wouldn't know since it's still illegal and all that.  From what I hear, it isn't too much work.  Allegedly.  ?

Like I said, its easy to grow it, but growing something somebody will want to smoke is a totally different situation. 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Bblack3 said:

Christina showers. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Okay, you made me doubt myself. I hate malls and haven't been to one in forever. So I double checked and none of our malls have a Nordstroms. I think maybe it was VonMaur? Some mall store anyhow. haha!

28 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Okay, you made me doubt myself. I hate malls and haven't been to one in forever. So I double checked and none of our malls have a Nordstroms. I think maybe it was VonMaur? Some mall store anyhow. haha!

ok yea that makes more sense.  All the fancy peoples shop at Von Maur.... haha (although it is a really great store if you search the clearance racks) and their interesting free credit card is AMAAZZZINNGGGG.

• Love 3

How can there be so many Iowans and Nebraskans here!? I used to live in Des Moines and have cousins in Omaha! Deb would be a weirdo wherever she lives.

So did Doctor Weirdo give her a fake engagement ring with no diamond first? And then came back later with a real one? 

Cate and Tyler basically have absolutely nothing going on so they just borrow storylines from other people. Next they'll want to open a frozen yogurt shop or start selling t-shirts. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

We finally have most of the same restaurants and stores - but now I have a few fast food places I wish we had here lol  I'm running out of reasons to visit my friend. haha

That's probably their next plan if the clothing line fails miserably lol 

When. When it fails miserably.

• Love 9
(edited)
On June 19, 2017 at 8:32 PM, ChicagoChris said:

Did Maci get more tattoos ? Looks like Sharpie writing. 

Mack looks older than her mom.

On June 19, 2017 at 11:30 PM, SPLAIN said:

Thanks @CofCinci!

The idea of C&T even considering living in California irks me. Stay away from us!!!

The idea that they thought they could afford L.A. living had me in stitches. What a couple of idiots. Moving here for what reason? Certainly it is not for jobs or careers. Do they think the fringe clothing will allow them to live here with the cost of living we have here? Living here on the coast is someplace I will never leave. But I also have lived here all my life and it is something I am accustomed to and I am financially able to afford to live here. Unlike Humpty and Dumpty, my husband and I have worked and we have planned for the future. 

They're idiots. I'm pretty sure the cost of daycare for Nova in Cali (and no free care from April or Butch nearby) would have had them selling their Cali house had they bought one after about a week.

On June 20, 2017 at 6:51 AM, SheTalksShit said:

I think moving might be good for Catelynn and Tyler. I think staying in their comfort zone in white trashville, Michigan, is what's holding them back. I mean, they never do anything, all they do is sit around the house, eat and talk about the same shit. They've always prided themselves on being so "down to earth" and "not forgetting where they came from" but it's like, you've got all this money bc you basically hit the lottery, why not use it to try things you wouldn't otherwise be able to do? I've always felt like Tyler has wanted to get out of the town and explore new opportunities, it's insecure Catelynn that's always held him back. I can picture Catelynn getting insecure if they move to LA bc there's all these gorgeous, skinny girls and her freaking out. She freaked out when Tyler wanted to go to a club a few years ago bc there are pretty, skinny girls there, soooo I can't even imagine what she'd be like if surrounded by it 24/7. 

I wish that after they started swimming in TM money, they would have moved into the parts of Detroit & the surrounding area that millennials have really come in and revitalized the last few years. My friend lives in Ferndale. His house was very inexpensive and there's a larger hipster/millennial community and the amenities that demographic wants. There are artistic-types (Tyler can hang out with the "creative" types, you know), people in IT, educators, etc. who have really worked to revitalize the area. My friend even attends a church there that lets the gay leather biker bar's patrons park in its parking lot when the church isn't have services. He's always going to brunch and festivals. It may not be as far away as the west coast from where C & T grew up, but culturally, it's a world away from where C&T were raised/live/lived. They could have been a part of that revitalization and millennial enclave in the area and would have been some of the "wealthier" millennials in the area given their TM income. But, no....

21 hours ago, Marisagf said:

PREACH!  If I could love this a million times, I would!  Bostonians aren't rude.  Assholes like Matt are rude!  What a clown he is!

The photos make it look beautiful, but why aren't there more of them?  Some of the selling points in the description aren't pictured.  

If that is a historic property, good luck trying to put a farmer's porch on it.  I would think they'd need to get permission from some historical preservation authority.  Maybe they don't.  

I was wondering about that. Many places have certain rules about what you can or cannot do to historic homes. I can totally see C & T ignoring any rules and doing whatever they please, much to the chagrin of the neighbors/county/historic homes registry. Since they don't pay property taxes, I can see them totally thinking they're above any guidelines for their historic home, since they own it and all.

I wonder if C & T moved an hour away from Marine City (where April, Butch, etc) live so that they can drop off Carly for a week at a time with them and have reasons for not coming to get Nova/leaving her there longer since they're an hour away and all now.....

Also, Maci's TTM tattoo is AWFUL.  And of course she HAS to be the one to SAVE Ryan. When future-Saint-Maci-of-Bud-Lite goes up for canonization, she needs the Pope to see "self-sacrificingly and single-handedly got ex-boyfriend off of drugs when no one else could despite how it cut into her time pounding back beer, pretending to have an associate's degree, selling ugly shirts online, discussing/showing her children's bathroom business on national television, & eating out" among her many selfless works.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 10

I'm thinking that the house they purchased may be considered "historic", but from the outside, it doesn't look as if it is on an historic registry with any regulations. The decks alone suggest it is not.

• Love 12
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, Calm81 said:

The more I think about it (waiting to get a tooth pulled at the dentist) the main reason I can't stand Dr. Claus is that of the condescending way he talks down to Farrah while he awkwardly touches her arm or hand. YUCK. I don't like that man, and more so because he has me defending Farrah. The sound of his voice - I can't pinpoint what his voice reminds me of but again, he has like a permanently condescending sounding voice. He could be saying something so innocent as "Please pass the butter," and I'd interpret as him saying "You dumb female that didn't finish her Masters and men rule girls drool serve me the butter because that's all girls are good for."

Yikes. 

Anyone understand my babble? I'm having trouble expressing my thoughts today. I'm really scared about the pain from the tooth pulling.

I totally get what you're saying.  The guy is a total sleezebag.  The way he forced himself on Farrah with that creepy hug the first time they met convinced me right there that he's a predator.  She was clearly uncomfortable with it and he didn't care.  He had no qualms about making his girlfriend's daughter physically uncomfortable.  I remember commenting on that episode thread that something about the way Farrah reacted to that forced hug  made me wonder if she had been sexually abused by one of her mother's multiple boyfriends when she was growing up and THAT'S why she hates Deb so much. 

I love Tyler and Cate flying all the way to California to look at a house and realize they could never afford to live here.  LOLZ.  In the age of the interwebz (which they're on CONSTANTLY) you'd think they'd do a little homework first before flying halfway across the country to find out information they could easily look up in 2 minutes.  They obviously took that trip for no reason other than something to do on the show since their lives are boring as fuck. 

Also?  I agreed to putting in an offer on our current home sight unseen.  In my defense, however, my husband and I had been househunting for months and I was Over. IT.  He was picky as all hell and at that point, I would've made an offer on a tin shed just to get the whole process over with.  I was five months pregnant and home with the stomach flu when he emailed me to tell me our realtor just showed him the perfect house that literally JUST went on the market and we had to jump on it, so I said fine.   If his picky ass was okay with it, I was SURE I would be too.  But he at least saw it!  It was kind of worth it to see how freaked out he was the first time I went to see the house (at that point our offer had been accepted.)  I thought about fucking with him and acting like I hated it but he was so nervous I felt bad.   But Cate and Tyler are morons.  If a house has been on the market for a YEAR, there might, just MIGHT be something wrong with it.  Why wouldn't they set up a showing before putting in an offer?  It's not like there's hundreds of people clamoring to put offers in!  Idiots.

Amber:  I can't.   I just can't.  She's horrible.  Poor Christina.  She's obviously trying so hard to be peacemaker with Gary and Amber for Leah's sake.  She seems like a genuinely kind woman.  She seemed so happy to tell Amber that Leah said Amber was her favorite person.  Gary's a lucky guy.

Maci:  I get where she's coming from.  Ryan is Bentley's father and his own family clearly refuses to deal with the issue.  As Bentley's mother, I'm glad she put her foot down.  It obviously worked, since Ryan went to rehab.  Hopefully it sticks.

• Love 5

And what else do Catelyn and Tyler have to do all day that they can't schedule a showing? It's not like they are working professionals who are tired after a long day of work. They do nothing, ever! Just go look at the house in person, it would take 15 minutes.

• Love 8

Gee I wonder why Cate and Tyler ended up paying the asking price? Could it have anything to do with the fact he called the seller's agent and said they wanted to put in an offer without looking at it?  I wonder if that was their first and only offer?  Hint Tyler, when you are buying a house, get your own agent. Seller's agent and buyer's agent are two different things.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Cate and Tyler basically have absolutely nothing going on so they just borrow storylines from other people. Next they'll want to open a frozen yogurt shop or start selling t-shirts. 

None of them have genuine storylines. C&T may just been on a trip to Cali and added the "househunting" as part of the story. I'm pretty sure when they were "back" from MI they had the same clothes on as the beginning of the episode. And next week they'll have the sane clothes on again when their offer is "accepted"  

Maci is using Ryan as her storyline. Who's to say Jen and Larry didn't get him to go to rehab?  

Farrah and her "Simon can't quit me" storyline. Ok, yeah. If you believe that I have some oceanfront property in AZ to sell you. 

The only "interesting" one is amber because she's BS crazy and Matt brings the creepy. 

This show is becoming old and boring. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

I totally get what you're saying.  The guy is a total sleezebag.  The way he forced himself on Farrah with that creepy hug the first time they met convinced me right there that he's a predator.  She was clearly uncomfortable with it and he didn't care.  He had no qualms about making his girlfriend's daughter physically uncomfortable.  I remember commenting on that episode thread that something about the way Farrah reacted to that forced hug  made me wonder if she had been sexually abused by one of her mother's multiple boyfriends when she was growing up and THAT'S why she hates Deb so much. 

I love Tyler and Cate flying all the way to California to look at a house and realize they could never afford to live here.  LOLZ.  In the age of the interwebz (which they're on CONSTANTLY) you'd think they'd do a little homework first before flying halfway across the country to find out information they could easily look up in 2 minutes.  They obviously took that trip for no reason other than something to do on the show since their lives are boring as fuck. 

Also?  I agreed to putting in an offer on our current home sight unseen.  In my defense, however, my husband and I had been househunting for months and I was Over. IT.  He was picky as all hell and at that point, I would've made an offer on a tin shed just to get the whole process over with.  I was five months pregnant and home with the stomach flu when he emailed me to tell me our realtor just showed him the perfect house that literally JUST went on the market and we had to jump on it, so I said fine.   If his picky ass was okay with it, I was SURE I would be too.  But he at least saw it!  It was kind of worth it to see how freaked out he was the first time I went to see the house (at that point our offer had been accepted.)  I thought about fucking with him and acting like I hated it but he was so nervous I felt bad.   But Cate and Tyler are morons.  If a house has been on the market for a YEAR, there might, just MIGHT be something wrong with it.  Why wouldn't they set up a showing before putting in an offer?  It's not like there's hundreds of people clamoring to put offers in!  Idiots.

Amber:  I can't.   I just can't.  She's horrible.  Poor Christina.  She's obviously trying so hard to be peacemaker with Gary and Amber for Leah's sake.  She seems like a genuinely kind woman.  She seemed so happy to tell Amber that Leah said Amber was her favorite person.  Gary's a lucky guy.

Maci:  I get where she's coming from.  Ryan is Bentley's father and his own family clearly refuses to deal with the issue.  As Bentley's mother, I'm glad she put her foot down.  It obviously worked, since Ryan went to rehab.  Hopefully it sticks.

Ryan did not go to rehab because Maci put her foot down. 

If anyone who is an addict goes to rehab for reasons other than admitting they have a problem and want help, they are pretty much doomed. This is his SECOND rehab stint.

Maci is using this for a storyline to avoid discussing her own marital problems as a storyline.

• Love 9
On 6/20/2017 at 1:54 AM, Teddybear said:

This is all true, but for some reason the way he said, "He (David) doesn't like you.  He doesn't like you at all.  In fact he hates you" was so hilarious in his delivery.  For some reason he can say something like that and Farrah won't go berserk.  

I laughed at the too.

I honestly thought I missed something between Trash and Trash looking at an LA house and then getting excited about the other one.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, qtpi17 said:

None of them have genuine storylines. C&T may just been on a trip to Cali and added the "househunting" as part of the story. I'm pretty sure when they were "back" from MI they had the same clothes on as the beginning of the episode. And next week they'll have the sane clothes on again when their offer is "accepted"  

Maci is using Ryan as her storyline. Who's to say Jen and Larry didn't get him to go to rehab?  

Farrah and her "Simon can't quit me" storyline. Ok, yeah. If you believe that I have some oceanfront property in AZ to sell you. 

The only "interesting" one is amber because she's BS crazy and Matt brings the creepy. 

I co-sign this. I don't believe that C&T flew out to LA to house hunt. I believe they worked that storyline in while they were already there filming for something else. Maybe added the storyline to make them look "quirky" and/or "successful." 

The St Maci act is getting on my last nerve. I DO think that she has the best bargaining tool: Bentley. By withholding visitation she could potentially be the one to urge him to rehab. However, I don't see Ryan being that shook up over not seeing his son. He barely knows he's there to start with. I find it kind of disrespectful to Mac for Maci to imply that she's the ONLY one that can "save" him. 

I am not understanding the Simon storyline. It is so random. 

I was getting pissed for Christina's sake. If that had been switched and Christina had been saying those things about Matt, Amber would have gone ghetto on her ass. 

• Love 13

Walmart is a regular pick up spot in Anderson, Indiana. Amber has picked up most of her boyfriends there, including the man who was a sex offender and Gary had to tell her to not let him change Leah's diapers, because even back then, she was a crappy person.

I can't get any of the documents to load, because my firewall and ad blocker hates Radar, but here are three links about Gary and Kristina. None say they met at Walmart, even though I'm pretty sure I'm correct on that, because as I said above, it's where you go to meet a mate. I can't make the link all prettified because my browser is fighting with me for opening Radar:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/10/another-teen-mom-cheating-scandal-ambers-baby-daddy-gary-started-dating-new-girlfriend-while-she-was-happily-married/

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/amber-portwood-gary-shirley-girlfriend-restraining-order-teen-mom-kristina-anderson-ex-husband/

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/teen-mom-gary-shirley-wife-kristina-custody-battle-court-orders-daughter-away-mtv/

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Christina said:

I can't get any of the documents to load, because my firewall and ad blocker hates Radar...I can't make the link all prettified because my browser is fighting with me for opening Radar:

The radar site suuuucks. It's as if they don't want you to read their site. 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

They're idiots. I'm pretty sure the cost of daycare for Nova in Cali (and no free care from April or Butch nearby) would have had them selling their Cali house had they bought one after about a week.

I wish that after they started swimming in TM money, they would have moved into the parts of Detroit & the surrounding area that millennials have really come in and revitalized the last few years. My friend lives in Ferndale. His house was very inexpensive and there's a larger hipster/millennial community and the amenities that demographic wants. There are artistic-types (Tyler can hang out with the "creative" types, you know), people in IT, educators, etc. who have really worked to revitalize the area. My friend even attends a church there that lets the gay leather biker bar's patrons park in its parking lot when the church isn't have services. He's always going to brunch and festivals. It may not be as far away as the west coast from where C & T grew up, but culturally, it's a world away from where C&T were raised/live/lived. They could have been a part of that revitalization and millennial enclave in the area and would have been some of the "wealthier" millennials in the area given their TM income. But, no....

See, that would be great. IF Tyler was genuinely interested in being part of a community, being creative, was openminded, or had any real talent or ability in any kind of creative endeavor. I cannot for the life of me imagine that trashy pair living in a community that had a gay biker bar, never mind living with hip young creative and professional people. They'd surely feel insecure, and look down their noses at the "phonies" and "stuck-up people" who were their neighbors. Can you see Tyler and Cate at the coffee shop with the cool hipster kids? What the heck would they talk about with engaged, creative, intelligent, enthusiastic, community minded, professional people? If they stay in Dogpatch they can dazzle their druggie ex-con families and high school dropout friends with their trips to NYC and LA, and their "creative" projects, and their film crews. (though if I was 22 again and didn't already live in the greatest place in the world, Salem MASSACHUSETTS, I would be drooling to get to the kind of place you describe! Sounds wonderful!)

• Love 12
13 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Ryan did not go to rehab because Maci put her foot down. 

If anyone who is an addict goes to rehab for reasons other than admitting they have a problem and want help, they are pretty much doomed. This is his SECOND rehab stint.

Maci is using this for a storyline to avoid discussing her own marital problems as a storyline.

Not trying to be rude, but how do you know that?  I haven't seen him say anywhere what prompted him to go to rehab. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, qtpi17 said:

Not only did they have the same clothes on, Cate was PACKING the suitcase, not UNPACKING. So staged.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Not trying to be rude, but how do you know that?  I haven't seen him say anywhere what prompted him to go to rehab. 

I can't find the original tweet which I think was his mom's or wife's, but his parents and wife's parents threw a little intervention for him, and he married Mckenzie and then entered rehab. He's already left, though. Two links follow regarding him leaving rehab, but I don't know if either say for certain about his mini-intervention (which I'm calling that because I don't think they had an interventionist, just a little group prayer meeting), and I can't read completely because my computer is acting up. 

Again, I can't make it pretty:

http://www.eonline.com/news/861965/teen-mom-s-ryan-edwards-resurfaces-on-father-s-day-weekend-after-rehab-stint

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/ryan-edwards-leaves-rehab-slams-maci-bookout-teen-mom/

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Christina said:

I can't find the original tweet which I think was his mom's or wife's, but his parents and wife's parents threw a little intervention for him, and he married Mckenzie and then entered rehab. He's already left, though. Two links follow regarding him leaving rehab, but I don't know if either say for certain about his mini-intervention (which I'm calling that because I don't think they had an interventionist, just a little group prayer meeting), and I can't read completely because my computer is acting up. 

Again, I can't make it pretty:

http://www.eonline.com/news/861965/teen-mom-s-ryan-edwards-resurfaces-on-father-s-day-weekend-after-rehab-stint

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/ryan-edwards-leaves-rehab-slams-maci-bookout-teen-mom/

Ah, thanks for the info.  I stand corrected.  Shame that he left, already.  I wonder why his family chose now, after 7 years of addiction, to finally stage an intervention.  Either his drug abuse escalated quickly or Maci's threats to keep Bentley from them finally lit a fire under their asses.   There's really no way of knowing.

• Love 6
(edited)
17 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

This is when i get pissed that none of these people have mastered the art of the clapback. I'm a scorched earth type of fighter and after the second insult about my husband I would have unleashed on her ass.

"He aint perfect but he takes care of my kids...yours too"

"He aint perfect but he doesn't hide  my license down his pants"

"He aint perfect but he does bathe"

Then I'd drop her ass off on the side of the highway.

Co-sign a million times. So many things she could have said.

I really do not care how Gary and Kristina met, have no cares that they met at Walmart or Kmart. I do not know if she was happily narried or not. If she was, she would not have looked at another man. She might have been in an unhappy marriage. The people who sold stories about her were likely seeking quick cash. We have seen over the years how people sell a story for $$. Hell, even April sold a bullshit story to Radar about Cate, which Cate acknowledged as an untruth.

My point is, Kristina and Gary are in a healthy place and so far seem to be very happy and genuine. Many couples start out a relationship on a shaky foundation and make things work out just as some people start out on a healthy note, but end up breaking up. 

As pointed out above, these two have got their shit together and are doing well. Kristina could have said so much to Amber while she heard her man being put down, but in the end, the clapback is Amber feeling slighted each and every time she sees Gary happy. Kristina just sits and smiles because she knows what she has.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 18
(edited)
On 6/20/2017 at 5:22 AM, ghoulina said:

So....does Maci actually ever confront Ryan about his drug use? Because it seems to me like she's just using it as a reason to give her a storyline this season. I'm one who actually doesn't much mind her addressing it on camera. Number one, I think it's serious, legit concern in her life, as she IS raising the dude's son. And I also think the Edwardses have been huge enablers. We've all watched this shit progress for years. I tend to think that outing it publicly like this may finally force everyone's hand. However, it's been weeks now of just TALKING about it. Poor, stressed out Maci, whining about what she's going to do. Consulting addiction specialists on the phone. Endless conversations with Taylor and her girlfriends over the problem. Just fucking do it, or shut up! Because if she moans and whines about it every week, but never actually does anything, then all that concern feels really false to me. Do we know, has he BEEN in rehab in real time? 

We know he already got married, and it wasn't no November wedding, like they said. I wonder why they moved it up so much? I do think the dress Mackenzie chose was perfect for her, very cute. This marriage, however....yikes. 

I tell you what, Kristina is a better person than I am. I'd be DAMNED if I'd sit in the car with my husband's ex, listening to her essentially call him fat and ugly and the most annoying person on the planet. Amber seems to forget she fucked Gary too. So stop acting all superior. Matt is no looker himself. At least Gary is stable and reliable and takes care of his fucking kids. 

Thank you! Well put.

Amber is no beauty. Her acting as if Gary is ugly. Has she looked in the mirror? I swear she resembles Miss Piggy.

This whole Saint Maci act is giving me hives. She is so suddenly concerned. Why was she not concerned for the past 7 fucking years????

Maci was too busy getting that AA degree for the past 7 years. What a joke. She was too busy getting a guy, any guy to impregnate her and marry her. 

@lezlers

The family did not wait 7 years to intervene. Ryan went to rehab before. I think that article was pointed out and linked to a few times. So, that really proves, to me, Maci is doing and saying all this on camera for show. She cannot talk about his drug use and then look like an idiot by continuing to allow Bentley to be around Ryan. In fact, she herself said Ryan only sees Bentley when the cameras are around. So what threat does she have to use against Ryan since he is so disinterested? 

Maci is lying and acting as if she did not know about his drug use until recently. 

Also, who is to say anyone got him in rehab? Perhaps Ryan made that decision on his own. But it certainly was not Maci. She did not threaten him the first time or the second time. I bet she told Jen about not wanting Bentley over there, but that was it.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 9

Is Amber aware that she dated Gary for years? I have a neighbor who on many occasions asked me why i'm with my fiance and says "you are so much better looking than he is". Even if that's true (which it isn't. He's a cutie pie), why the hell would anyone say anything about the person you're with? It's so incredibly rude and whose business is it of theirs to talk about your S/O looks?

• Love 20
1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

Thank you! Well put.

Amber is no beauty. Her acting as if Gary is ugly. Has she looked in the mirror? I swear she resembles Miss Piggy.

This whole Saint Maci act is giving me hives. She is so suddenly concerned. Why was she not concerned for the past 7 fucking years????

Maci was too busy getting that AA degree for the past 7 years. What a joke. She was too busy getting a guy, any guy to impregnate her and marry her. 

@lezlers

The family did not wait 7 years to intervene. Ryan went to rehab before. I think that article was pointed out and linked to a few times. So, that really proves, to me, Maci is doing and saying all this on camera for show. She cannot talk about his drug use and then look like an idiot by continuing to allow Bentley to be around Ryan. In fact, she herself said Ryan only sees Bentley when the cameras are around. So what threat does she have to use against Ryan since he is so disinterested? 

Maci is lying and acting as if she did not know about his drug use until recently. 

Also, who is to say anyone got him in rehab? Perhaps Ryan made that decision on his own. But it certainly was not Maci. She did not threaten him the first time or the second time. I bet she told Jen about not wanting Bentley over there, but that was it.

I read the articles (good god, why does Radar have to be so damn difficult to read??) and neither say anything about who got him to go to rehab.  Maybe I missed it?  The radar one said he went to outpatient rehab for a week in 2012 after they "forced him" but he just wanted the withdrawals to stop.  I didn't see anywhere what the impetus was for his most recent stint (that looks like it's already over.)   I'm just saying we don't know what got him to go back this last time.  I'm not saying it was Maci, I'm not saying it wasn't her.   We simply don't know.   I'm not going to engage anymore because I'd rather not be threatened by mods with getting kicked off the forums anymore for responding to people that are addressing me (who me?  bitter?  NEVER! ;)  )

• Love 5
On 6/20/2017 at 4:41 AM, CofCinci said:

No. Tyler is most likely in a hypomanic upswing. 

Good observation!

Also I loved that Cate and Tyler looked at this unique home from the 1800's and Tyler's first plan is to "build a wrap around porch."

Not today, Satan. Not today.

I also hate radar online. Even on my phone it's damn near impossible to read.

Amber and Matt were always going to split up. It was more a matter of when than if. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

This is when i get pissed that none of these people have mastered the art of the clapback. I'm a scorched earth type of fighter and after the second insult about my husband I would have unleashed on her ass.

"He aint perfect but he takes care of my kids...yours too"

"He aint perfect but he doesn't hide  my license down his pants"

"He aint perfect but he does bathe"

Then I'd drop her ass off on the side of the highway.

"He ain't perfect but he knows where his kids are. All TWO of them."

"He ain't perfect, but he never curses me up and down to production behind my back."

"He ain't perfect, but I never hyperventilated at the thought of marrying him."

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, chuckity said:

Um .... HOLY SHIT BALLS.

There is something in that video that lead me to figure out that the Doc is the ex-husband of my old neighbor.

I'm in shock.  Yikes.

GTFO, REALLY?!

You have to spill, please! I mean, I'm saying please, but also you have to.

• Love 17

I'm just not buying that Maci had a remarkable role in Ryan going to rehab.  At most she told Jen she wouldn't let Bentley come over.

St. Maci of Chattanooga helping Ryan was on par with Amber sitting up all night helping people on instagram and twitter.   These girls are all delusional.

Maci's "I will be his strength" line to the counselor was just too much.  Ryan cannot stand Maci.  At least they have gotten to a point where he politely tolerates her, but she is in no way significant to him.  If St. Maci of Chattanooga had tried to stage an intervention, I think everyone associated w Ryan would have laughed her out of the place.

For all we know, MTV went to Maci and slapped these scenes together while he was in rehab.  We will most likely never know the truth because the Edwards family knows how to shut up and St. Maci of Chattanooga will take credit for it all anyway. 

• Love 14
(edited)
2 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

GTFO, REALLY?!

You have to spill, please! I mean, I'm saying please, but also you have to.

Yep.  I'm 1000% positive.  And I had no idea ... none.

I want to be clear - I never knew HIM ... not really of him either, just that he was a douchebag.  No real stories .... nothing.  She's remarried my lovely neighbor about ten years ago.  

ETA:  Also, his ex-wife (my friend) is GORGEOUS and sweet and kind and has her shit together.  About as far from crazy ass Debra as you could get.

Edited by chuckity
  • Love 13
(edited)
4 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

the clapback is Amber feeling slighted each and every time she sees Gary happy. Kristina just sits and smiles because she knows what she has.

Worded perfectly.  This is the absolute truth.  Amber has to hate on the two of them because she is so envious of what they have together.

2 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Not today, Satan. Not today.

Remind me to use this at least once a day.  LOL LOL LOL LOL 

42 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

St. Maci of Chattanooga

You guys are killing me today.  Every time I laugh, I have a coughing fit.  Buy stock in Halls' lemon and honey drops NOW.

"He ain't perfect, but Bew Bew doesn't freak out at the thought of being in the car with him for longer than she absolutely has to be"

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 17
56 minutes ago, chuckity said:

I was looking for something else and found this video with the not very personable Dr and Deb

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JszKvh8TEa4

Okey Dokey  - what a douchebag! If you needed more proof, he's one of those pretentious a-holes that won't open his eyes when he speaks. So rude and dismissive. 

I can't stand it when entitled, snotty, so-called "intellectuals" do that. But, hey Deb, - "birds of a feather," and all that...

• Love 8
2 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

I'm just not buying that Maci had a remarkable role in Ryan going to rehab.  At most she told Jen she wouldn't let Bentley come over.

St. Maci of Chattanooga helping Ryan was on par with Amber sitting up all night helping people on instagram and twitter.   These girls are all delusional.

Maci's "I will be his strength" line to the counselor was just too much.  Ryan cannot stand Maci.  At least they have gotten to a point where he politely tolerates her, but she is in no way significant to him.  If St. Maci of Chattanooga had tried to stage an intervention, I think everyone associated w Ryan would have laughed her out of the place.

For all we know, MTV went to Maci and slapped these scenes together while he was in rehab.  We will most likely never know the truth because the Edwards family knows how to shut up and St. Maci of Chattanooga will take credit for it all anyway. 

I agree fully. MTV did slap these scenes together because it adds to Maci's narrative about Ryan the no-good-SOB who can't bother with Bentley.

Instead of Maci doing something legally about it, she sits there bitching and complaining. As @ghoulina pointed out, Maci is all talk, no action. For all this talk about how long it took the Edwards to do something about Ryan, what about Maci on her end? She has had SEVEN years to get things formalized with the courts, especially AFTER Ryan had his first stint in rehab and failed. What the hell was Maci doing since that last rehab stint and the current one besides bitching and moaning to Taylor IN FRONT OF THE CAMERAS?

Agree about Jen, Larry, and Ryan and how they most certainly would have laughed at Maci. They would have reminded her of her own personal demons which are very public. Drinking while pregnant, admitting to drinking far too much and fighting when the cameras are gone in front of the kids. You know there is more to her that we are not privy to, but we can imagine. Maci has far too many skeletons in her closet. Ryan and the Edwards have the key to that closet.

4 hours ago, lezlers said:

I read the articles (good god, why does Radar have to be so damn difficult to read??) and neither say anything about who got him to go to rehab.  Maybe I missed it?  The radar one said he went to outpatient rehab for a week in 2012 after they "forced him" but he just wanted the withdrawals to stop.  I didn't see anywhere what the impetus was for his most recent stint (that looks like it's already over.)   I'm just saying we don't know what got him to go back this last time.  *snip*

There was a different article, and I think that is what was being pointed out in the OP's comment, not any of the Radar articles. Ryan's ex mentioned Ryan sought rehab the first time, but it was after his parents talked to him, although the emphasis was it was eventually Ryan's choice to enter rehab. I am sure going by that as a reference point, it wouldn't strike me as odd that Jen and Larry were factors in his going back. Maci, as usual, is just tooting her own horn and acting as if she is in control. MTV helped her by putting together those scenes. The phone call from her "friend" was also staged. MTV had to splice together this storyline because they try to stay on top of the current events which happen so fast with these people.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, chuckity said:

Um .... HOLY SHIT BALLS.

There is something in that video that lead me to figure out that the Doc is the ex-husband of my old neighbor.

I'm in shock.  Yikes.

No. WAY.   Tell us everything!!!!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, lezlers said:

No. WAY.   Tell us everything!!!!

I got nothing really.

What I do know is that my friend always said her ex was an ass.  But no major stories ... nothing really.  

But believe me when I tell you that my mind is blown.  And I'm trying to figure out a way to broach the subject with her ... but how do I say, "so, I was watching this guy be an asshole to his fiance while he bottles beer and I figured out he's your ex husband" without sounding like a weirdo.  

• Love 13

For Maci to have played a part in his rehab, Ryan would have to care about Bentley's presence and miss it if it were absent. Any episode now I expect to see him look up, wide and glassy eyed, and ask Mac why the paperboy is back again.

• Love 7