Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/12/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: Trevor Noah ("The Daily Show"); "View Your Deal" Oprah edition with Adam Glassman

Tuesday:  Kerry Washington ("Cars 3," ABC's "Scandal"); "The Political View" with former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives Newt Gingrich (author, "Understanding Trump") 

Wednesday: Kim Kardashian West

Thursday:   Jessica Alba, will.i.am and Gary Vaynerchuk ("Planet of the Apps")

Friday:  Laverne Cox ("Orange Is the New Black")

14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is Monday a repeat or is Trevor back for another interview? I'magonnatapeitjustincase. Because I ADORE Trevor Noah.

The site didn't mention anything about it being a rerun. Since he's based in NY he's probably back again.

I guess I'll be watching the first half of Tuesday's show and will delete it after they are done "interviewing" Kerry. As for Wednesday I may or may not watch Hot Topics so that could end up being a delete without watching episode.

• Love 1

I missed most of the show (unexpected guest), but did Whoopi address her appearance at the Tony Awards last night? Curious if she was specific about this exchange as reported at The Daily Beast

“Whoopi, how long have you been in that closet?” Spacey asked. “Well Kevin, it depends on who you ask,” she responded, winning an uproarious, though easy, laugh from the audience.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I watch Trevor Noah, so it was nice to see him.

I hated that they only had him on for what felt like not even 5 minutes as Whoopi mentioned. Seemed like there were more commercials then anything else today. From the time they ended the interview with Trevor until they started that "deals" crap it was like a commercialpalooza. I changed the channel after they were done with him and kept checking back in and each time I did it was commercials until the last few minutes of Sarah and the O "deals".

• Love 5
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

I missed most of the show (unexpected guest), but did Whoopi address her appearance at the Tony Awards last night? Curious if she was specific about this exchange as reported at The Daily Beast

Yes, they showed the clip with Spacey.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I hated that they only had him on for what felt like not even 5 minutes as Whoopi mentioned. Seemed like there were more commercials then anything else today. From the time they ended the interview with Trevor until they started that "deals" crap it was like a commercialpalooza. I changed the channel after they were done with him and kept checking back in and each time I did it was commercials until the last few minutes of Sarah and the O "deals".

yes.  this show often has 8 - 10 back-to-back commercials.  then the show is back, and they want to SELL stuff!   When they have the "view your deal"  crap, they should be able to cut down on the commercial breaks.  The show becomes a few minutes of politics and celeb gossip, then it's QVC/shopping channel.

• Love 8

So what I'm trying to figure out - did Whoopi come out publicly last night? Did she address that on today's show?

I think the joke was actually about Spacey. He joked throughout the show about the gay rumors that surround him. Joy alluded to him joking about it but Whoopi changed the subject. Whether he is gay, straight, or bi should be his business.

I recorded today's show and it seemed as though I had to ff through the commercials a lot more often than normal. Trevor Noah was on such a short time.

• Love 7
(edited)

OH! Trevor was just ADORABLE!!!!!!! ????And I loved the shaaade he threw at Jedifoxbot without actually getting in her face. That whole bit about "Hope." hee!????

So, that laughing hyena doesn't know if Comey is lying? I guess she doesn't watch NBC news or any interviews with the ? Menace, because he FLAT OUT ADMITTED  to Lester Holt that the reason he fired Comey was because of the Russia investigation. ??And I suppose she's never worked in a hostile environment. With respect to what Comey did, documenting and writing down notes? That's what we normal peons do in the workplace if we find ourselves in a hostile atmosphere. Document, document, document, so that you have something written down. I can't believe this isn't a concept she's never heard of before; so instead she mocks Comey==someone she was diehardly defending for coming out a few days before the election about Hillary and her emails. How she was arguing that what he did didn't violate the Hatch Act. I'm glad that Whoopi was able to finally shut her up, because she kept arguing and arguing with Whoopi, Sunny and Joy. So, yeah, you foxbot; Comey did write shit down because he knows what a crazy ass liar 45 is.

And no, Whoopi. Freedom of Speech does NOT mean there aren't consequences. One can say or spout whatever they like--the flip side is, be prepared for the backlash or...consequences for such speech. It doesn't come without repercussions. GAH! The stupidity! IT BURRRRRNS. ????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 22
14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And no, Whoopi. Freedom of Speech does NOT mean there aren't consequences. One can say or spout whatever they like--the flip side is, be prepared for the backlash or...consequences for such speech. It doesn't come without repercussions. GAH! The stupidity! IT BURRRRRNS. ????

I love that Trevor Noah didn't back down on his stance on this. I think he was getting on Joy's and Whoopi's nerves during this discussion. 

4 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

So what I'm trying to figure out - did Whoopi come out publicly last night? Did she address that on today's show?

She was ambiguous, as usual. Her exact words were "Depends who u ask."

• Love 4

It was all about Kevin. It's an open "secret" that he is gay, or bi. He just doesn't feel the need to come out, which of course, he shouldn't have to. There are pictures floating around of him with some guys. 

• Love 2

The clip was very odd if Kevin was responsible for the coming out ribs.  I've been in love with him for years ( drug my hubby to see him in Richard 111) but I can take it. 

Really Jedbot you don't know who  is lying?  Let's check with the oddsmakers and see who it could possibly be.   That's a real head scratcher  

I adore Trevor and would like to know whose decision it was to make his segment so short.  Whoopi  was just was not making any sense yet would not stop the droning on. 

• Love 9

I’m glad Joy called Jedilyingliarwholies’ bullshit out for being the irrelevant deflection it is. I just wish Joy had countered by bringing up the power imbalance in that relationship and the fact that a critical investigation was weighing in the balance which had to receive priority over everything else. Going straight to lying again is too simplistic. Jedi can go repeat that coward business to her own reflection, because hearing her recite rehearsed lies daily that are indefensible in defense of her party—and no amount of lying will make her a Libertarian, sorry—is a picture of real cowardice. And naturally she finds a way to round the bend all the way back to a Hillary diversion. I admit it's a little funny watching her fold herself into a pretzel in an attempt to malign Comey of all people as biased against the right.

I had to watch the show on YouTube. One of the clips under The View is "Jedidiah Makes a Big Announcement"? After glancing at the forum here, I was disappointed it wasn't her announcement that she's been fired. Oh, well. Hope springs eternal. I know looks are not important, but she is hideous when she's going on one of her robotic rampages, all her teeth bared, grimacing, and crazy-eyed like a feral troll doll, looking every bit as batshit as she sounds.

• Love 13
(edited)
7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I admit it's a little funny watching her fold herself into a pretzel in an attempt to malign Comey of all people as biased against the right.

And now the right are going after Mueller, the man they praised to high heaven two weeks ago.  (That's what Gingrich is going to talk about.)  Jed is ridiculous in her clinging to Trump on some matters, yet on other issues she agrees he is a menace.  You can't have it both ways, Jed!  Ooooh, I get it!  She has multiple personalities.  That's why on any day she's a Republican, Conservative, or Libertarian, etc.  One day she's praising Trump and the next excoriating him.  You never know which personality will show up.  Problem is, they are all annoying.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9

What?  No discussion of Jed's big engagement news??? Poor guy.  Maybe he'll wake up in time and run away.

Agreed on how awfully short the segment with Trevor was.  Why do they have these people on if they don't want to give them a chance to speak? All these games and shopping segments just don't belong on this show. This isn't what people watch for, is it?    Of course, they'll give the Kartrashian person a lot more time, but I won't be watching that.

• Love 10

Sheesh.....so some poor schmuck is going to take that on...marrying Grimace?!!! Sir? You have my sympathy.

This show is excessively riddled with commercials at the best of times but I agree with other posters about how Trevor's segment seemed especially shortened by ads, ads, and more ads. And if that wasn't bad enough, then they bring that bloody shit out to sell. Greedy much? I PVR anyway so I can zip through all those annoying ads but still...seems like I'm zipping some days more than actual watching! What is with ABC these days that they've had to up their ad quota? Too much now, guys! Trust me...you don't need anymore!

The line up of guests for this week is pathetic at best. What's going on? All the C-listers going on vacation already? A KARDASHIAN?!!! A BLOODY KARDASHIAN?!!! What? Carott Top wasn't available?

• Love 10

If Jedifoxbot is to be believed, her "Mayn," sorry, now fiancé, is 25 years young. About a decade younger? There's still time for him, unless they share the same values.

Kudos to all y'all who will be taking a hit and will watch that grotesque pillbury Dough Man, try and convince himself and others how 45 is good for this country. Is he, along with a certain NJ...never mind. That's getting off-topic. I can only imagine DoughMan wants a Cabinet position.

• Love 7

I’ll give the ladies a thumbs up for the Gingrich interview. They did a better job with him than with Rice and Rumsfield.

“Just California.” A 3-million difference because of one state? But even if that were true, does that mean nothing just because it isn’t a red state like Texas? I guess the opinions of those in a state that contributes much more tax money to the federal government than most other states means nothing at all. What kind of spin…  “We assume he [Comey] wrote them [memos]” in response to Joy refuting his claims about Comey being a disgruntled fired employee by pointing out that Comey’s assertions were documented before he was fired. How she didn’t respond with, “‘Assume,’ what the **** are you talking about?” I have no idea. I’m glad Whoopi called out the double speak, because his entire interview was full of it.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Newt is nothing but a sycophant.  (LOL  I had to double check the spelling of sycophant and one definition is "fawning parasite."  Yep, that's Newt.)  

I prefer to think of him as cockroach. What is it going to take to finally get rid of him?  He hasn't been politically relevant in how many years and yet he still is out there shoveling the same garbage he always did.

• Love 19
25 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

I prefer to think of him as cockroach. What is it going to take to finally get rid of him?  He hasn't been politically relevant in how many years and yet he still is out there shoveling the same garbage he always did.

He and Chris Christy are still waiting for the phone to ring. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, dinkysquid said:

The line up of guests for this week is pathetic at best. What's going on? All the C-listers going on vacation already? A KARDASHIAN?!!! A BLOODY KARDASHIAN?!!! What? Carott Top wasn't available?

Carrot Top didn't want to share the stage with a Kardashian.  Carrot has some pride.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

T H I S ! ! ! !      A gazillion times!

So true.  Once in a while is okay but it's almost everyday which is way too much.   Give the guests 2 segments, have health based segments, spotlight little known stories or people, do a feature on the life of the cohosts..  I'd even prefer cooking segments to all the View Your Deal stuff. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Does Whoopi honestly believe that 98% of Trump's news coverage was positive? What planet does she live on? While she was absolutely correct that all the news channels were covering Trump 24/7, it most certainly was not 98% positive. Whoopi always says that she always wants the facts, but when facts are presented that don't fit her cause she rudely dismisses them. A Harvard University study reported that the first 100 days of Trump's presidency was about 80% NEGATIVE and CNN was 93% negative. I know this study didn't cover the time before the election, but anyone with half a brain could see that it was no different. According to Whoopi, 98% of Trump's coverage was positive. If that were true, then why were she and Joy constantly bitching and complaining about what Trump was saying and doing. Is she trying to say that the media was saying that Trump "grabbing female parts" was a good thing? I honestly can't remember one thing in the mainstream media that mentioned Trump in a positive light during the election campaign. Could somebody on here please enlighten me?

Edited by mrbean5411
  • Love 7

Trevor Noah is an interesting, funny, talented guy.  so, let's give him a minute and a half to talk, and then go sell shit.

Newt Gingrich is a slimy, opportunistic, slimeball -  let's give him a forum to sell his book. 

• Love 20

Gosh, I sure hope they replay today's show tomorrow since most of us missed it due to the shooting.  I mean, she probably has some very enlightening ideas on the state of our country that we missed. Or how to take a better selfie showing our oversized backsides. 

Why or why, God???!!  Wait...guess Newt got me confused yesterday...........thank you God!!!

I guess they don't understand that their audience is adults.  If we want to see stupid star stuff, we'll watch Wendy Williams.

• Love 4

This show has been interupted for news stories in the past, as we know. I do not recall a guest's segment that was missed being aired at a later date (could have happened??). Kim Kardashian's is going to be shown next week. What's with this show??