Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/12/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Stacey1014 said:

I was wondering that, especially when they announced that a cohost had a big announcement. Isn't her little boy about a year old now?

No. The big "announcement" was on Monday and it was that Jedifoxbot got engaged to her "Mayn!"

50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This show has been interupted for news stories in the past, as we know. I do not recall a guest's segment that was missed being aired at a later date (could have happened??). Kim Kardashian's is going to be shown next week. What's with this show??

Yes, it's happened before. During the campaign, The Crypt Keeper's segment was postponed, I think. Or was it canceled? I don't recall. (See what I did there????)

• Love 6

@mrbean5411

I don't watch all the news channels but remember being annoyed with Donald Trump coverage.   At the time it did seem positive to me like the were trying to normalize everything he was doing saying.   I am not an overly political person and found the coverage of DT very annoying and wanted badly for the press to cover issues and policies. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I was wondering that, especially when they announced that a cohost had a big announcement.

I thought it was going to be that Whoopi was leaving.  Boy, was I wrong. 

• Love 3

It seems to make sense to me....the hosts were there, KK was there. The news meant they would be preempted so they probably just taped her interview....and it will be aired Tue in the middle of their live show.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, it's happened before. During the campaign, The Crypt Keeper's segment was postponed, I think. Or was it canceled? I don't recall. (See what I did there????)

I think it was her second interview (after the first one where Whoopi treated her exactly the way she deserves) that kept being pushed off. I think she was scared to come back, tbh. And good riddance.

Kim Kardashian may have been paid or maybe there was some quid pro quo to her appearance to guarantee a re-run on a day that isn't interrupted. The Kardashians are all about attention and exposure, so that wouldn't surprise me. She was probably pissed to she lost some of her airtime.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I do not recall a guest's segment that was missed being aired at a later date (could have happened??).

It happens quite often when the show is pre-empted by a live news event.  The show continues to tape no matter what's going on, they keep the interviews for a future show that's light in content.

5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Kim Kardashian may have been paid or maybe there was some quid pro quo to her appearance to guarantee a re-run on a day that isn't interrupted. The Kardashians are all about attention and exposure, so that wouldn't surprise me. She was probably pissed to she lost some of her airtime.

That was my exact thought.  God knows they wouldn't want to appear without making sure as many viewers would see them.

• Love 1

Today's show was absolutely horrendous!!!  Between Jediblahblah running the "conversation" off the rails by talking nonsense at breakneck speed, Whoopi interrupting her & Sunny countless times, & more commercials than content, it was "almost" unwatchable.  Whoopi was so ignorant to Sunny & claimed she knows more about guns because she has some & has been shot at which gives her the authority & knowledge to shut down everyone else.  My Gawd, that woman is beyond ridiculous.  I'm done with watching live!!!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Whoopi was so ignorant to Sunny & claimed she knows more about guns because she has some & has been shot at which gives her the authority & knowledge to shut down everyone else.  My Gawd, that woman is beyond ridiculous.  I'm done with watching live!!!

Is this the first we've heard about her being shot at?  Yeah, right.  Whoopi feels the need to one up everyone about everything.  I think she constantly needs to feel like the smartest person in the room.  Bigly.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Is this the first we've heard about her being shot at?  Yeah, right.  Whoopi feels the need to one up everyone about everything.  I think she constantly needs to feel like the smartest person in the room.  Bigly.

She's never said that before & "yeah, right" is exactly what I said!!!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

She's never said that before & "yeah, right" is exactly what I said!!!

I don't believe YOU, Whoopi!  

(Just like she said to Jedi when Jedi said she has been around people with guns.)

• Love 7

Is this whole "Newlywed Game" crap an advertisement for invisible braces? (To answer my own question. Yes!)

Ugh. I know it's Friday but still UGH UGH UGH UGH. 

Oh Gabrielle Reece's husband "doesn't watch TV". ?

Oh look the prize for the couple that wasn't well know and obviously had to win was Invisalign stuff! I am so shocked. Not! Home viewers can win some Invisalign stuff too!

At least I got to see Marc Summers and saw that his face seems to have healed well from that accident a few years ago. 

• Love 1

Jed was horrible today.   According to her, we can't label anything "sexist" if there is something else that is MORE sexist, because we take away the seriousness of it. 

She's wrong.   Sexism is so ingrained in our society, that we DO need to address it instead of ignoring it. 

And she was wrong anyway, according to  reports of the hearings:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/6/13/15795648/interrupting-senator-kamala-harris-sessions-hearing

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/kamala-harris-jeff-sessions-interruptions-male-senators-testimony-hearing-sexism-claims-a7790721.html

http://www.elle.com/culture/career-politics/news/a45992/sen-harris-sessions-hearing/

• Love 8

Call the FCC!  I think that "game" was rigged!  LOL

Jed was completely off base regarding Senator Harris. Yes, she hit Sessions with a nonstop barrage of questions (only because he was being sooooo slow and unresponsive), but she was the only person on the panel who was scolded by a colleague. It was shocking to hear McCain (and one other, I think?) interrupt and complain that she wasn't being respectful. None of her male colleagues received that treatment.  It was quite obvious that it was because she is a woman.  And perhaps because she's Black.

I would love for the View to have Sen Harris as a guest. She can speak faster than Jed!

• Love 24
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Jed was completely off base regarding Senator Harris. Yes, she hit Sessions with a nonstop barrage of questions (only because he was being sooooo slow and unresponsive), but she was the only person on the panel who was scolded by a colleague. It was shocking to hear McCain (and one other, I think?) interrupt and complain that she wasn't being respectful. None of her male colleagues received that treatment.  It was quite obvious that it was because she is a woman.  And perhaps because she's Black.

I would love for the View to have Sen Harris as a guest. She can speak faster than Jed!

It was that doddering senile fool, McCain who interrupted Harris, and whined asked that Sessions be allowed to answer and the FUCKING Chairman, Burr, who told her to be "courteous." And if it sounded repetitive, it's because BOTH McCain and Burr said the EXACT SAME THING to Harris last week during her questioning Assistant AG Rosentein.

Ohhh, Senator Harris would TOTALLY make Jedifoxbot curl into herself like a snail. And Senator Harris is AWESOME. I already posted in Samantha Bee's forum, that I saw and met her on Wednesday at the Starbucks next to my office!

• Love 21
36 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ohhh, Senator Harris would TOTALLY make Jedifoxbot curl into herself like a snail. And Senator Harris is AWESOME. I already posted in Samantha Bee's forum, that I saw and met her on Wednesday at the Starbucks next to my office!

OOH!  I am envious. Senator Harris is fast becoming a hero of mine.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

OOH!  I am envious. Senator Harris is fast becoming a hero of mine.

She is so awesome and I loved how commanding and precise she was with her questioning that flustered  Jefferson Beauregard Sessions. 

• Love 15

Can we all agree Jedi is always going to take an antagonistic stance on every topic they discuss?  If Joy says it's raining Jedi will say it's going to clear up.  If Sara says it's warm in the studio Jedi will say it's cool.   Do I think she beliefs any of what she says?  Maybe some of it.  Do I think she thinks she is making herself known as a speaks her mind principled person?  Yes.  Do I think she is a speaks her mind principled person?  No fucking way.  She is an opportunist.  If Trump goes down I look for her to distance herself from him so fast it will make your head spin.

• Love 11

I must confess that I reneged on the promise to myself & I'm watching live now.  I always enjoy the show when Joy is Moderator & today was no exception.  Jediblahblah didn't spew her nonsense for long & the others got to make their points.

Kamala Harris:  You rock!!!

• Love 10

I'm surprised they haven't taken the show to D.C.  They're trying to be a show that discusses politics and they occasionally have politicians on. I'd love to see them take the show to D.C. for a week. I don't think they'd have any issues getting guests. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

As much as I think that Sara is really pretty, that wrap dress is not doing her any favors.

I think she's pregnant. She looked it the other day to me also. 

Did anyone catch Jedbot say I'm a conservative the other day?  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I had to laugh today when Jedediah was blathering about how attacking Kamala Harris wasn't sexist, and Sunny's face just said it all.

I also liked that Laverne Cox weighed in on it, and agreed with Sunny that Sessions was just trying run out the clock;  Jed had nothing to say during that.

• Love 9
(edited)
5 minutes ago, bannana said:

I also liked that Laverne Cox weighed in on it, and agreed with Sunny that Sessions was just trying run out the clock;  Jed had nothing to say during that.

Not only that, but when another WHITE, OLD Senator (even if he was a Democrat), asked the same question-he was allowed to ask the full question-would Sessions provide the DOJ policy that he referenced, he meekly replied "Yes, I will."???

But when Senator Harris tried to ask, he was all "I do declahre! I'm all aflutter and nervous and you are rrrushin' me!" ???As if he's new to how these hearings are conducted.??

To tie this to the show-So tell me again, Jedifoxbot-how is that NOT Sexist?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not only that, but when another WHITE, OLD Senator (even if he was a Democrat), asked the same question-he was allowed to ask the full question-would Sessions provide the DOJ policy that he referenced, he meekly replied "Yes, I will."???

But when Senator Harris tried to ask, he was all "I do declahre! I'm all aflutter and nervous and you are rrrushin' me!" ???As if he's new to how these hearings are conducted.??

Ol' Jefferson Beauregard has never had to answer questions from a person of color before, let alone a woman.  He wasn't able to slip into his comfortable old white robes and hood there in public.

• Love 16

Why can't this show book Sen. Harris and let KK go elsewhere! KK was pre-empted for me and I wouldn't have watched her anyway. Big waste of time. 

Sen. Harris would be an interesting guest. But they had to have Newt on.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Jed was completely off base regarding Senator Harris. Yes, she hit Sessions with a nonstop barrage of questions (only because he was being sooooo slow and unresponsive), but she was the only person on the panel who was scolded by a colleague.

Additionally, her questions were continually interrupted...where's the gentle verbal spanking of Sessions?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's not sexist for Jedi because it was a Republican.   To her they are never sexist or racist or homophobic.  

• Love 11
(edited)

When Jedidiah interrupted Sunny to say that Kamala Harris didn't let Jefferson Beauregard finish his answers, I nearly fell over laughing. This from the woman who can spew rapid-fire Breitbart talking points without taking a breath and drown out everyone else at the table for the entire sixty minutes of the show!

It was sooooo refreshing to have Joy open the show by saying, "Welcome to the View" and go into a topic. No bellowing the phrase fifteen times while I dive for the mute button.

I always find Fridays to be the adult version of the show. Whoopi can't leave soon enough.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 17
19 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I like Joy as a moderator, but I hate having both Paula and Jedi at the table. You can't win for losing with this show.

That's exactly how I feel. In fact, the tag-team of Paula and Jedi makes me more apt to skip Joy Friday than the Whoopi days. Though to be honest, I haven't been watching much at all the last few weeks.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, susieq147 said:

It's not sexist for Jedi because it was a Republican.   To her they are never sexist or racist or homophobic.  

Ironically, it is only sexist to Sunny and Joy because it was a Republican. To them they are always sexist or racist or homophobic.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

Ironically, it is only sexist to Sunny and Joy because it was a Republican. To them they are always sexist or racist or homophobic.

Possibly. I'm trying to think of a case where Sunny and Joy were wrong about it though...

• Love 10
4 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

I don't know why they found it sexist. But I know I found it sexist because it was. Never once has a male member of Congress been treated that way in these hearings. 

• Love 19

having both Paula and Jedi at the table

It's more fair when both are at the table.  That way it's not 4 against one.  That's a more realistic view of the population. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, mbutterfly said:

I don't know why they found it sexist. But I know I found it sexist because it was. Never once has a male member of Congress been treated that way in these hearings. 

I don't think it was sexist. I have to agree with Jed. Too many people cry ______ism anytime they feel that they have been slighted in some way. Save it for when real _____ism happens. To me, it appears that many people actually enjoy being offended. It seems to happen all the time and Sunny is "rocked to her core" on an almost daily basis. Give it a rest already.

• Love 1