Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Celebrations

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Supposedly she went downstairs to get drinks, the cameras were not on her at that time. The camera's were on Anthony and friends upstairs. She should have gone back to the rooftop herself. It's her husband. And their friends. How long would it have taken her to do that? It was rude IMHO. 

Last we say she was on the phone with her sister going off as she stepped in the elevator. So she may have walked to the street to deal with things on the phone. I am taking it her sister called as she was going over to get more drinks and shit started up. I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up with her returning, apologizing for what happened with some drinks. If not I can't see her not apologizing for how she left. She doesn't come off like the type to not do so. Like she sent him a text or something to let him know what happened with a sorry. For me I just question how much was it producers and the edit it got to come off like she was being rude. 

• Love 2

In case you missed it, there's no prize for getting the last word in an argument here.  If you disagree with someone, do it civilly or don't do it at all, and once you've said your piece... LET IT GO.  

Warnings will be issued for those who can't accommodate this simple request.

2 hours ago, Palomar said:

You might as well be truthful instead of acting like things are going well.  Do they really even share the same bed like they are showing?  Maybe if Cody just stops trying and treats her like a roommate the rest of the way, it will shake her up enough to rethink their situation.  I sure hope we are done with hearing about "the spark".  But, maybe it was just not meant to be.   If they are sleeping in the same bed, you would think it would just happen some morning or something., "organically".

I agree with this. If I were in Cody's position, I would rather Danielle just be honest and end the pain and torment. Not even a paycheck is worth enough to see this through to the end. Time is too valuable to waste any more of either his or hers on this farce, especially since normal dating takes a while to get to the engagement stage. And Danielle wants kids, iirc. So why waste any more time on such a pointless endeavour as this?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

Last we say she was on the phone with her sister going off as she stepped in the elevator. So she may have walked to the street to deal with things on the phone. I am taking it her sister called as she was going over to get more drinks and shit started up. I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up with her returning, apologizing for what happened with some drinks. If not I can't see her not apologizing for how she left. She doesn't come off like the type to not do so. Like she sent him a text or something to let him know what happened with a sorry. For me I just question how much was it producers and the edit it got to come off like she was being rude. 

I hope it's producer- or edit-driven dramatics for viewers and that it turns out she came back or did message him. Personally, though, if that were my wife, I would rather she come tell me she has to go so that I can depart with her. After all, she's going to go to work [running a bar], and that means there are things I could do to help even though I can't serve drinks; bar-backing, bussing tables, and potentially even taking orders are all things untrained, feces-flinging monkeys can do. :D I would genuinely want the opportunity to be able to back her up in that situation.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, JAndy said:

What is with Ashley twisting every word that the "experts" are making? They ask one question and she automatically assumes Anthony made a comment. What? She's really paranoid. 

Amen to this!  She is sabotaging the relationship by doing this.  Anthony is gonna get tired of this soon. Speaking of Anthony, I think he looks so cute when he has his hair all curly and natural.

Ugh at the whole Nate and Donnay situation.  On a shallow note, Donnay is so gorgeous, but I can understand how him and Sheila could only be friends.  I have guy friends where there is no so type of spark at all but we have other interests in common (music concerts, films, etc) so it's unfair to refuse to be friends with someone just because they are a male.  But Nate could have approached the whole situation differently if he wasn't drunk at the time and maybe Sheila and him could have discussed it without a fight.  

I hope that Danielle and Cody NEVER have sex.  It's just gonna feel like they are going through the motions and just doing it because they are "supposed to".  Hey experts, this is the exact reason why you shouldn't match up a 25 year old male with a 30 year old woman.  It's not really the whole "manly" thing, it's him just being super awkward and very inexperienced.  He woulda done better with a 21 year old woman instead. 

Also I have only watched every other season so I'm not familiar with all the couples, has a couple ever broken up mid-season and the show just stop following them?  Or is it part of the contract that you must stay together for the whole 6 weeks?

• Love 2
(edited)
52 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I hope it's producer- or edit-driven dramatics for viewers and that it turns out she came back or did message him. Personally, though, if that were my wife, I would rather she come tell me she has to go so that I can depart with her. After all, she's going to go to work [running a bar], and that means there are things I could do to help even though I can't serve drinks; bar-backing, bussing tables, and potentially even taking orders are all things untrained, feces-flinging monkeys can do. :D I would genuinely want the opportunity to be able to back her up in that situation.

I hope it is too. I don't know if he would go with or not but he seems the kind of guy that would ask if there was anything he could do to help. Which would then be a positive that she could depend on him in times she doesn't even ask...oh wait though...rachel will say she shouldn't do that and he shouldn't jump to help. *rollseyes*

11 minutes ago, AZ Curls said:

Also I have only watched every other season so I'm not familiar with all the couples, has a couple ever broken up mid-season and the show just stop following them?  Or is it part of the contract that you must stay together for the whole 6 weeks?

Last seasons there was one couple (Heather/Derek) but because they are on a contract they had to film things still for the show. It was either stupid TH type scenes, with an "expert" or a friend crap. It was so bad. They also tried to talk Heather into going back to try but she wasn't having any of it and I am glad she stood her ground. She wasn't the pushover they thought she would be for them. There are things they never showed that happened on that honeymoon that made it all go down that way. With this there was a big reason(s) for her walking away. With Danielle and Cody there isn't that kind of shitfest going on to make it ok to do it in the "experts" and productions eyes. It was the same with Ashley and David as well when that should have ended but didn't...it wasn't the shitfest...these are just more pathetic kind of situations. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I hope it is too. I don't know if he would go with or not but he seems the kind of guy that would ask if there was anything he could do to help. Which would then be a positive that she could depend on him in times she doesn't even ask...oh wait though...rachel will say she shouldn't do that and he shouldn't jump to help. *rollseyes*

LOL to bold part. I really dislike Rachel. I wish they'd drop her and get someone else. 

Last seasons there was one couple (Heather/Derek) but because they are on a contract they had to film things still for the show. It was either stupid TH type scenes, with an "expert" or a friend crap. It was so terrible, horrible, no good, very bad. They also tried to talk Heather into going back to try but she wasn't having any of it and I am glad she stood her ground. She wasn't the pushover they thought she would be for them. There are things they never showed that happened on that honeymoon that made it all go down that way.

Had to add a bunch of adjectives in there because one was just not enough! LOL. I am glad Heather stood her ground. I think they really gave her the bitch edit, to be honest. At the time, I fell for it; on reflection, I'm positive they gave her the bitch edit. There had to be more than what we saw that precipitated all of that.

On another note, I finally could no longer resist tweeting Dr Pepper Schwartz and asking....

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

LOL to bold part. I really dislike Rachel. I wish they'd drop her and get someone else. 

Had to add a bunch of adjectives in there because one was just not enough! LOL. I am glad Heather stood her ground. I think they really gave her the bitch edit, to be honest. At the time, I fell for it; on reflection, I'm positive they gave her the bitch edit. There had to be more than what we saw that precipitated all of that.

rachel is just disgusting on so many different levels. Makes one almost miss Levkoff's fish bowls of the past. Sadly no matter who they put in these spots, not one single so called "expert" gives a damn about what happens to these people and just wants to make sure they have some drama for tv....even if they have to find a way to create it. 

Agree, Heather totally got the bitch edit and it was terrible. I could see it when it was happening but understood why some might not have at the time. Its why in certain situations I always question things because they edit the show the way they want. Bitch edits, insecure edits, crazy bully edits, the pity me ones and so on. There are at times these little slivers of something in the edit (not always but a lot of times) that sometimes give up there might be more to what went on. 

• Love 9

M@FS is like being in the family business shown in The Godfather...

Cue the famous quote from Michael...

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

The M@FS producers have a whole season to fill so even if you try to hide like Sean in New Jersey, Basement Ryan at his girlfriend's place, Ashley at nursing school...you will be expected to show up for your THs to either read from the cue cards or free ball it if you can...

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, AZ Curls said:

I hope that Danielle and Cody NEVER have sex.  It's just gonna feel like they are going through the motions and just doing it because they are "supposed to". 

I hope they never have sex, too. I can see her laying there like a cold fish because she doesn't like the way he's doing it. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Cody and Danielle are hard to watch. Maybe after the disaster of Heather and Derek last season they are forcing them to pretend to work on things? Last season I rooted for all the women and didn't like the men so much. This time around I really don't like Danielle and think Cody is at least trying. He is immature and not a match for Danielle but why did she sign up for this show if she was so particular about everything. I actually find her frumpy and not so attractive (but I'm a straight woman so my opinion doesn't mean much). Cody is nice looking and his low key personality might be a good match for someone but not Danielle. I actually don't see much of a personality in her either so I don't see what makes her so picky. Of course I'm not suggesting they should be forced to have sex-maybe just stop complaining about your spouse and saying he is not manly in every sentence. If a man on her kept saying or implying his spouse wasn't feminine enough, we would all be in an uproar.

I think Nate and Sheila will be Ok. People do feel curious of opposite sex friends and there is always the wonder if the couple 'did it' at some point. Once Nate gets to know him he will be OK I think. As for Ashley and Anthony. I really like both of them and hope Ashley's insecurities won't do them in. You can't ask a guy for reassurance every minute and expect things to be great. No idea what was going on with her disappearing-I simply can't imagine anyone doing that, especially when she could have stopped upstairs or texted. Maybe producer idea?

Edited by Madding crowd
spelling
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I don't find Cody attractive, with his adolescent voice and tragic stubble. He keeps speaking of marriage and being a husband in very weird distancing language, like the concept is foreign to him.

Definitely this. He's practically crying when he says, "I'm really tryin'. I like doin' things with Danielle and stuff. It's hard...."  

Pastor Cal was really making me angry.  He constantly says, "If the couples don't ___ then their marriage is DOOMED," in his booming, authoritarian voice.  And when he told Danielle, "one day you won't be able to take your hands off one another," I shuddered. The entire slant in terms of Danielle and Cody was that SHE was rebuffing his advances and HIS needs weren't being met.  I don't see it that way at all and honestly, if they both wanted it they wouldn't be avoiding each other with the excuses that the trains run late, they are tired, they are waiting for "organic" relationship evolution and "sparks."  If I recall, on the honeymoon Danielle was saying he had a hot body and she wanted to jump him and he was not responding. So Cal, do not dump this all in her lap.

The poor grammar once again distracted me: winner of the week was Sheila.  "There is no romantic relationship between Donnay and I. I hope him and Nate become friends."  

As for A/A; she was exhausting me. "You are doing something you didn't like? You didn't like the pedicure? I don't want you to do things you don't like. If you don't want to do something just tell me.  You do things you aren't sure about with a smile on your face?Are you saying I *don't* do things with a smile on my face???"  He's getting noticeably leery.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Cody and Danielle are hard to watch. Maybe after the disaster of Heather and Derek last season they are forcing them to pretend to work on things? Last season I rooted for all the women and didn't like the men so much. This time around I really don't like Danielle and think Cody is at least trying. He is immature and not a match for Danielle but why did she sign up for this show if she was so particular about everything. I actually find her frumpy and not so attractive (but I'm a straight woman so my opinion doesn't mean much). Cody is nice looking and his low key personality might be a good match for someone but not Danielle. I actually don't see much of a personality in her either so I don't see what makes her so picky.

I couldn't agree more on this.  Danielle is no prize either.  Just because I defended her doesn't mean I like her, LOL.  I don't know if I believe Cody that he really wants things to work with her.  I think he is invested in the idea of being married but I don't think he really likes her all that much.  But talk is cheap when you're the one being rejected.  It's easy to claim he's all into her because there's no way to test him on that and he knows it.

I've seen a pattern on this show.  Most of the couples except for Heather have acted like they were trying to make things work even if it was painfully obvious that things were going nowhere and at least one of them was not interested at all.  Two big cases I can recall were Sonia and Nick and Sean and Davina.  Both couples lied like rugs to the camera meanwhile we all knew better.  Even Neil lied about things to the camera for appearances sake.  He acted like he was working to make the relationship work.  Meanwhile he was secretly writing his "Dear Jane" letter to Sam.  I definitely think the show and the experts make them do this to some extent.  It can't be that prevalent and not be something they're told they should do.  They're probably told not to give up so to get everyone off their backs they "play along" until they can get away at the end of 6 weeks.  Or even later depending on how much they want to please everyone and look like they did everything they could.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Definitely this. He's practically crying when he says, "I'm really tryin'. I like doin' things with Danielle and stuff. It's hard...."  

Pastor Cal was really making me angry.  He constantly says, "If the couples don't ___ then their marriage is DOOMED," in his booming, authoritarian voice.  And when he told Danielle, "one day you won't be able to take your hands off one another," I shuddered. The entire slant in terms of Danielle and Cody was that SHE was rebuffing his advances and HIS needs weren't being met.  I don't see it that way at all and honestly, if they both wanted it they wouldn't be avoiding each other with the excuses that the trains run late, they are tired, they are waiting for "organic" relationship evolution and "sparks."  If I recall, on the honeymoon Danielle was saying he had a hot body and she wanted to jump him and he was not responding. So Cal, do not dump this all in her lap.

Thank you!  I knew I couldn't be alone in feeling this way!  I think the show and Pastor Cal are responsible for making it look like Danielle is fully responsible for keeping Cody at a distance but I have never bought that.  I think both of them are avoiding the other.  My previous post was all about how I think Cody is full of shit that he really wants things to work out with her.  I think he knows he can get away with making her look to blame when it is really just as much his responsibility.  That's why last week I said he was throwing her under the bus with that act!

12 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

The poor grammar once again distracted me: winner of the week was Sheila.  "There is no romantic relationship between Donnay and I. I hope him and Nate become friends." 

LOL, I noticed those too!  They just can't get those pronouns right, can they?  It doesn't matter what they say, they'll screw it up!  Don't anyone get offended but I think a lot of young people today need remedial grammar lessons.  I am fully OK with being dismissed as a cranky old 59 year old.....

20 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

As for A/A; she was exhausting me. "You are doing something you didn't like? You didn't like the pedicure? I don't want you to do things you don't like. If you don't want to do something just tell me.  You do things you aren't sure about with a smile on your face?Are you saying I *don't* do things with a smile on my face???"  He's getting noticeably leery.

She is unbelievable.  If she is that insecure and twisting everything he says all out of proportion to reality all the time I don't think she's really ready for a relationship, I hate to say.  I am starting to feel sorry for Anthony.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

Thank you!  I knew I couldn't be alone in feeling this way!  I think the show and Pastor Cal are responsible for making it look like Danielle is fully responsible for keeping Cody at a distance but I have never bought that.  I think both of them are avoiding the other.  My previous post was all about how I think Cody is full of shit that he really wants things to work out with her.  I think he knows he can get away with making her look to blame when it is really just as much his responsibility.  That's why last week I said he was throwing her under the bus with that act!

Danielle is not alone in this. Neither one of them really want the other one. It's pretty obvious and has been for a while. If Cody really wanted her, he'd have been doing a lot more stuff before now - especially on the honeymoon. And she would have, too. I think they have one interest in common, which is the generic "fitness" and not much else. I don't think either of them are particularly attractive. I certainly wouldn't have given her a second look. My wife says that Cody acts like a boy and that if he really wants it, then he needs to shut the hell up and get him some. I swear, that kid could out-talk Kathy Griffin (and she never shuts up!).

21 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Yep, he sure did.  I think he had a little too much to drink which made it even more embarrassing.  But Donnay sure is handsome.  I have had many male platonic friends but none THAT handsome or they wouldn't be friends for long, LOL.  I understand the jealousy just not the way Nate dealt with it, and I'm sure he has nothing to worry about.  Let's hope this isn't the "real" Nate coming out here.  I know I can't be alone in holding my breath hoping this kind of behavior doesn't eventually become a trend.  I actually like him and Sheila together.  I like how they can have fun together with 'Rique.  They have a good sense of humor together, which is important.  They have become my favorite couple this season - Didn't see that coming at all, but it's very refreshing.  I am still holding my breath and crossing my fingers as I say that!

First of all, Donny isn't all that; he's teeny!

Second, Nate had way too much to drink, I could see it in his face, plus he was with "his boys," who also had too much to drink.  And then Nate had to call his boys over.  I'm like, "God, grow the fuck up, Nate."  If Nate was 40 and acting like that, I'd worry.  But he's a kid and so are his friends.  He needs to grow up and get out more.

I'm not holding my breath because people do dumb-ass things when they drink AND when they're with their friends.  

• Love 10
11 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Producer influenced/ created the whole Ashley leaving the outing for work drama.

Her bar staff didn't show up for work and she needed to go to work.

Ashley probably told a producer and the crew to tell Anthony she had to go and she left instead of having the camera crew follow her back up to the rooftop annoying the other customers in the Sausage Factory.

Producer wanting a little drama to add spice to the bland Petta/D'Amico soup directed Anthony to go out to the street and look for Ash.

He'll look at his phone and see that she texted him and that will be the logical ending...or she will emerge from the ladies room and be back with the group when he returns from the street.

Nothing burgers with their beers...or to keep in theme with the restaurant nothing sausage sammies with their craft brews...

Your on the right track. She really did go get drinks and waited in line for 30 minutes   The  staffing issue was taken care of at the beginning of that scene, when you see her texting and the talking heads saying something about Lauren    The after show when she was talking about having to go to work   That was a totally different day , she was referring to   The rest of the scene was producer driven and good editing  Ashley doesn't even know if she ever made it back with they tray of driinks.  I hope so or her friends are going to be mighty thirsty  

• Love 1

I would bet good money that Danielle said or did something off camera that made Cody back off. The editing is making him look like the bad guy, but I don’t believe her when she says that she wants to be with him. She seems cold and distant.  It’s clear that she has already checked out.

Nate is an immature a-hole.  The only reason he stepped to Donay was because he had his boys with him. I am not a violent person, but I was hoping Donay would knock him out. If I had a mother in-law like Nate’s mom, I would keep my distance.

I don’t believe Ashley and Anthony are going to make it. He appears to be walking on glass around her and she seems to be paranoid.

• Love 4
(edited)

Cody is all about chores and role-playing. But there's no "there" there. No romantic feelings emanate from him, or from Danielle, for that matter. No light in their eyes. When, in the previous episode, she was leaving for a night on the town and Cody couldn't be bothered to look up from the couch, let alone GET up, and give Danielle a compliment, hug, or kiss, well, that's total indifference right there. He had his shoes on the couch also, like a poorly-brought-up child.

I cannot give credence to the claim of Cody the Former Daily Sex Machine. Whence all those farm girls?

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I couldn't deal with her for more than 5 minutes. Kudo's to Anthony, he is giving it his all! The girl has some deep issues. What was all the cry face stuff she was saying to Anthony about being a fat kid and being made fun of? Yup,  In her own mind,  Ashley is still that fat, unpopular, insecure kid. 

• Love 2
On 6/15/2017 at 9:32 PM, Straycat80 said:

Honestly, I'm finding this season incredibly boring. I'm so tired of week after week of them talking about Cody and Danielle not having sex yet. 

I think I'm out until the last two episodes to see who stays married and who doesn't. 

I fast forward all the Cody and Danielle scenes.

• Love 1

If the M@FS producers  ran the same Cody/Danielle...I'm trying to be a good husband...I'm waiting for a spark... segment, not many watchers would notice and even fewer would care because that is what they have been pumping into my TV the past month...

It was fun watching Angie playfully bumping and grinding on Charlie's lap in between miserable Cody and withering Danielle at the country outing.

Charlie and Angie had that spark from the time they met as maid of honor and best man, much to the dismay of the two sad people we watch week after week.

• Love 1

People were all like "Ashley's so pretty, why is she single"...lol, we all know now. She's paranoid. Whenever the experts give her generic marriage advice she's like" why are you saying that...did Anthony say something? It's hilarious and also a little scary.

I'm not saying I'm a man whore, but I've had sex with people I've known less and liked less than Danielle knows and likes Cody. The longer this lasts and the more they talk about it, the more awkward it gets. Just jump the man and call it a day.

• Love 6

That's the problem...Danielle is having a problem seeing Cody as a "man"... right now he is a boy who hasn't experienced love or a long relationship and is still finding out what he wants in life because You know nothing, Jon Snow (sorry, had to throw in a GoT reference) in her jaded and wary eyes.

• Love 3

I think Danielle was trying to get at her past with her exes helped shape who she is now.  I don't know of course with editing but it seems like she was dwelling just a tad. I also found it interesting that she first went for a more rugged type - who cheated on her a lot - then for the opposite, who just wasn't what she was looking for, I guess? I think it's going to be very difficult for any man to be what she wants, because maybe she doesn't even know what that is herself.

I again get back to how important she feels 'chemistry' is... I mean for someone who says she's more experienced how could she possibly do this when she feels this way?  There's no way to measure chemistry on paper. That was just stupid on her part, & not fair to anyone she would've been matched with; there was just no way to know that before meeting.

• Love 2

I think Ashley is preggers.  Her skin tone and body shape look different in Unfiltered and the way she's sitting is weird.

I also think the tension between Nate and Don-nay is producer driven because Don-nay's tripping my gaydar big time.  Plus, what straight guy would pronounce Donny as Don-nay (even if it was a cultual pronunciation)?

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, Paddywagon said:

I think Ashley is preggers.  Her skin tone and body shape look different in Unfiltered and the way she's sitting is weird.

I also think the tension between Nate and Don-nay is producer driven because Don-nay's tripping my gaydar big time.  Plus, what straight guy would pronounce Donny as Don-nay (even if it was a cultual pronunciation)?

I agree. I've wondered that from the beginning. They also don't do full shots of her unless she's sideways; only close ups.

I thought the same thing about Donnay as well. Either way I feel the whole thing with them was bogus.

So I heard Ashley complain a bit on the way into the elevator; I wonder when they took the mic off or did she go to work with it on. That whole thing was odd. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Paddywagon said:

Plus, what straight guy would pronounce Donny as Don-nay (even if it was a cultual pronunciation)?

His name is spelled Donnay, it's a phonetic pronunciation. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Paddywagon said:

I don't know if she is but wouldn't that be something. I did catch an Unfiltered and noticed how she was sitting compared to the rest. As well as her dark blue dress she has on is a good cut to hide it and blend into the dark colored couch enough to not give anything away if by chance she was. Hell an oops can happen to anyone so who knows.

OMG Paddywagon I was thinking the same thing about Donnay. He comes off that way. Even if he isn't he has been in her life a heck of a lot longer than Nate has (and probably will be). I swear I heard one of Nate's say something along the lines of only a gay man would want to be friends with a woman...or something like that and there might have been more too it I didn't catch. They were obviously drinking to much though and being asses because Nate and his buddies were together to do so. 

• Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

When, in the previous episode, she was leaving for a night on the town and Cody couldn't be bothered to look up from the couch, let alone GET up, and give Danielle a compliment, hug, or kiss, well, that's total indifference right there. 

Exactly.  That's a dude who's completely checked out.  He's not some infatuated, but awkward, kid trying to impress the object of his affections.  He's counting the days...has been since day 4 of the honeymoon.  I think everything after that is a producer-driven storyline that they think will keep people watching.  They are wrong.

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Love 5

I had to laugh when Ashley told Anthony he shouldn't do anything he doesn't want to do.  I'm thinking-he's going to spend his entire marriage doing just that. Ashley would drive me crazy.  I hope Ashely isn't pregnant for many reasons but it seems premature if they don't know if they love each other yet although it may have in the interim. 

I don't think any chemistry will develop between Cody and Danielle. She sees him more as a little brother.  Is Ashley's friend closer in his age to Cody's brother? 

Nate was overreacting but can you imagine how Sheila will handle it when he wants to include his female friends?  

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Paddywagon said:

I also think the tension between Nate and Don-nay is producer driven because Don-nay's tripping my gaydar big time. 

Thank you, I'm glad you said it because he tripped my gaydar too and didn't want to say it because I was afraid it was just me!

6 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Exactly.  That's a dude who's completely checked out.  He's not some infatuated, but awkward, kid trying to impress the object of his affections.  He's counting the days...has been since day 4 of the honeymoon.  I think everything after that is a producer-driven storyline that they think will keep people watching.  They are wrong.

Thank you, ITA re: Cody.  I agree that he's been checked out since early on and it all can't be because Danielle supposedly rejected him.  All the stuff that comes out of these people's mouths about how they're trying "so hard" to make things work is such BS - They're all told to do it by the producers to make a show, otherwise what do they have to film?  After all the seasons of watching this show I do not believe one word of it when it's obvious that the relationship is not going anywhere.  I keep saying they're doing it to make a show and for appearances sake!! All the so-called "work" Cody says he's putting into it is just for the show, not because he has some burning desire for Danielle.  That is painfully obvious to me.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1

I'm glad that others mentioned Donnay, I was afraid it was just me.  Nate said that in his opinion the only time a man can be just friends with a woman is if the man is gay.

Nate is young, ignorant and immature IMO.  I don't get this hate for him.  People see things from their own world views and can be like that for decades.  In the TV show "The Wire" there was a character who became a drug addict and we, the audience saw that character's progression.  I remember that someone on TWoP wrote that their opinion of drug addicts changed because of that character and that show and I'm sure the person who said that was an adult.  

Nate's actions were influenced mainly by his friends.  It was pointless of Sheila to try and talk to him when he was still buzzed.  Hopefully she talked to him about it the next day, without the cameras.

• Love 4

Direct tv subtitles spells it Donnae.

As for Danielle and Cody, my thought always returns to the moment on the honeymoon when he told her that he wanted to take a step back and go slower.

23 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

It was fun watching Angie playfully bumping and grinding on Charlie's lap in between miserable Cody and withering Danielle at the country outing.

As Danielle's best friend and Cody's brother, they must be aware of the problems the couple is facing...so this seemed in poor taste to me.  Then again I was frustrated by their whole outing. 

Cody, throw Danielle over your shoulder and take her on an ATV ride that fucks up her hair.  Grab her as she's walking by your chair and pull her onto your lap.   Grab her drink and take a sip, then thank her with a kiss.  Interrupt Angie to talk about something Danielle does that you like.  Give Danielle what she wants or shut up about not getting what you want.  You had so many opportunities to do it at this party. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

But he put up a whiteboard for her!!!

• Love 4

women friends with men. I grew up in a neighborhood with no girls my age only boys who were of a different religion and could not think of me as marriage material, I always had male friends that were just friends. even when I started work because I tend to like things guys like.  Special effect movies, science fiction basket ball. etc. 

My husband grew up with guys, he had a few female friends who were dating/married to his male friends. After I sent him back to school when his business failed, he met a young woman he brought home because she was having trouble with her studies and I could help and we all became friends, except I was working somewhere else and was not always around to be her friend.  needless to say, she went from his girl friend to his Girlfriend! to his new wife.  Some people can have same sex friends, some can't . I am assuming Nate can't. 

As far as Cody and Danielle do, wait out your time, be police and then end it, please. Tired of the self defined drama. 

God, these "experts" suck.  I like Pastor Cal but why on earth didn't he ask Danielle if she were attracted to Cody?  Maybe find out what happened between finding him attractive on their wedding day and during the honeymoon to now, where he's friend zoned.  

I felt bad for Cody during this episode (which I finally watched yesterday.)  He's so worried how Danielle is going to perceive him and he feels he's not what she's looking for that he's second guessing himself and walking on eggshells.  He seems like a nice person but it's clear he's overwhelmed, not happy and not sure what to do.  Isn't that what the "experts" are supposed to be there for?   

Telling Danielle and Cody (or any couple) that simply need to spend more time together and intimacy and/or love will come doesn't cut it.  They need to lay things bare and find out whether or not it will ever be "there" for Danielle.  Generally I hated the fishbowl game of previous seasons but a version of it might actually do something to help D & C.  

And again on my sympathy for Cody - - during the Labor Day thing, he and Danielle weren't even sitting together!  WTF?  Danielle doesn't have to sit in his lap but they should at least be sitting next to one another.  And to have his brother happy and very tactile with Angie . . . tragic.

Nate is clearly intimidated by Donnay.  Not just because he's good looking but he's know Sheila for longer and probably better.  They have a history together that Nate and Sheila don't have.  I don't care if Nate was drinking or not, he never should have allowed his friends to gang up on Sheila's friend like that.  I do like how Sheila stood firm and basically told Nate that her friendship with Donnay was non-negotiable.  

I liked Ashley in the beginning but her insecurities are really glaring.  She's looking for problems where they aren't any.  She reminds me of some of the folks that go on "Shark Tank" looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.  In other news, leaving the restaurant with your husband and friends there is so beyond tacky, I just can't.  No excuse for that whatsoever.  Her sister really needs to butt out.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I don't care if Nate was drinking or not, he never should have allowed his friends to gang up on Sheila's friend like that.

Not only did he allow it, Nate instigated it from what I saw.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

God, these "experts" suck.  I like Pastor Cal but why on earth didn't he ask Danielle if she were attracted to Cody?  Maybe find out what happened between finding him attractive on their wedding day and during the honeymoon to now, where he's friend zoned.  

They do suck. I can't stand cal...he is just like the other ones with his bs. And Danielle has said she hasn't felt that attraction for Cody at all the whole time since they meet. She says he is nice looking or whatever but that she isn't feeling it with him. So I don't think anything really happened to change things since there was nothing there to begin with. The editing on this show was VERY misleading to make everyone think she wanted it and yet now its telling us she never did from the get go. I think (and hope) that they have discussed it off camera at the very least and just agreed to get through the rest of the time on friendly terms but who knows. She hasn't been show to communicate to well and neither has he at times. I have to wonder if it was edited out of those honeymoon talks that she was agreeing with him and telling him why on the topic of sex and waiting or if she just nodded along and didn't say a word to let him know how she wasn't feeling him in that way. This is why at this point I don't get why people think he should just grab her and take her when she has made it clear she doesn't want it. I am glad he has been respectful on that with her from the get go...even with the shitty edit he has been given, for not doing it and her, for making it look like she wanted it when she didn't. 

30 minutes ago, lh25 said:

Not only did he allow it, Nate instigated it from what I saw.

This is how it looked and didn't he call his friends over to jump in on it? It was terrible and showed the immaturity in Nate and his buddies. 

• Love 3

I don't find Cody unattractive but he comes off as unassertive and lacking confidence in himself, which is probably what turns Danielle off. I also think they should have paired Danielle with an older guy.

• Love 1