Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Auditions 3

• Start Topic

The fawning over Simon and Howie being completely baffled amused me. I've met Simon Cowell in real life and he is charismatic but the level of fawning over him was unreal. What was up with the women and the Basic Instinct routine?

I felt bad for the valet parking guy who was clearly too nervous to be up on stage. Had he not been nervous I think he would have done better. Get some practice, try again next year.

So. Many. Recruited. Acts. I feel like this is venue for people to get more subscribers to their YouTube/Twitter/etc. than actually competing to win the grand prize.

• Love 5

I hit the  golden buzzer for the FF feature on my remote.  Thank you,  DIRECTV.  

The dog act wasn't all that good and that is my favorite kind of act!  Hopefully they have a lot more to show.  

The twin magic guys had an interesting gimmick but once was enough.  We are going to see more of this type of illusion next season and then it will fade away just like the programed light dancers.  

Pumpkin man should not have gone through nor the singers that Howie wisely buzzed.  

• Love 3

Pumpkin Man amused me but that was just a gimmick. I'm surprised Mel B was so adamant about having him go through but they need to create something.

Last Week Tonight's "And Now This" was all about the AGT audience reactions. Yeah, I'm starting to snark on the audience reactions.

• Love 2
(edited)

Its funny you mention the audiences reactions. Ive been to a few tapings of AGT and they pretape ALL reactions before the show!!!!  A producer comes out, and will say, "Pretend you just saw something so funny!!"  or "Now, act shocked, then laugh, clap and stand up!"  And there are cameras swirling all over the audience filming these reactions that they'll splice in later. You're doing this while looking at an empty stage!!  Its all manufactured, but actually fun.

Edited by krawz555
  • Love 9

A relative of mine was in the audience the first show this season and she was shown reacting to an act.  She said that wasn't what she was watching at all.  In fact, the act she was "reacting" to isn't one she even saw.

• Love 3

Is it just me, or have the sob stories been super-sized this year? It seems like the judges have been spouting endless versions of "you're a beautiful/special/amazing unicorn who is the sun's reason for rising" to just about everyone who gets through, when I feel like most of the acts have been good-ish, but not something I need to see again. I respect people's struggles, but I feel like the judges actually diminish those struggles when they fall all over themselves with excessive praise. 

Re the couple who did the "death-defying" balancing act with the pole: she was wearing a harness the whole time with a visible wire. I don't like danger acts because I'm not interested in seeing people get hurt, but because I could see her very-sensible safety device, I was not in suspense at all and couldn't understand the judges' freak-outs. Was that *not* a safety harness?

Last Week Tonight's "And Now This" was all about the AGT audience reactions. Yeah, I'm starting to snark on the audience reactions.

I saw that, too! I laughed too hard, especially because I actually recognized a few of them. That guy who fanned himself cracked me up at the time it originally aired, but I cannot for the life of me remember the act he was (allegedly) reacting to.

23 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I was wondering  about  that . Was it an adult  only audience ?  If I was there with  a child and that happened  I would  not have been happy . Heck if I was there by myself  I would  have not been happy .

I also wondered about that. I hope that's just what we were led to believe, because otherwise this just became a whole 'nother type of show.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, backformore said:

So, the synchronized ladies - were they really not wearing underwear, and flashing at the audience?  Or is that just what we are led to believe? 

Just a gag production did to spice up a dull episode.  No way those older women would have bared their crotch!  

Edited by wings707

Is it just me, or have the sob stories been super-sized this year?

It's not just you.  In previous years, some of the back stories were trying for "inspiring" instead of depressing--people leading ordinary lives who had a dream (some of that was faked, but it wasn't depressing), some looking for another chance, and some who spent a large portion of their lives working/hoping for a big break.

Now it's all, to borrow a joke from Sinbad*, "I was going to medical school.  Then the war came..."

I liked the twin magicians.  Turning what's on a screen into reality is an old type of trick, but they executed well, and although I suspected twin women at the end, that was a clever execution.  (I was disappointed they didn't get a Golden Buzzer, but they had to save it for the singer for whom if America doesn't vote for, we're terrible people--but apparently there are a lot of us, even though this is the Bestest Season Ever since the beginning of Ever, and will make you totally forget about that person we didn't vote for last year.)

* Different context, but credit where credit's due.

• Love 3

Do they always put through dog acts, no matter what?   are they going to be called animal haters if they don't vote "yes" to dogs?  Because that dog act was similar to stuff that was on TV shows in the 60's.  It wasn't great, or innovative, or special in any way.  But it's DOGS!  and a cute kid with fun glasses!   Sorry, I don't get it.

As to the sob stories -  is it going to be about the SINGING, or about the disability?   Because, I swear, if it comes down to  the hearing impaired singer vs. the visually impaired singer, vs.  the mom-gave-me-her-kidney singer,  then this show will lose me as a viewer. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, backformore said:

Do they always put through dog acts, no matter what?   are they going to be called animal haters if they don't vote "yes" to dogs?  Because that dog act was similar to stuff that was on TV shows in the 60's.  It wasn't great, or innovative, or special in any way.  But it's DOGS!  and a cute kid with fun glasses!   Sorry, I don't get it.

As to the sob stories -  is it going to be about the SINGING, or about the disability?   Because, I swear, if it comes down to  the hearing impaired singer vs. the visually impaired singer, vs.  the mom-gave-me-her-kidney singer,  then this show will lose me as a viewer. 

Yes! clap clap clap clap  

This show is like any other competition.  The competition itself is the goal because they get very high ratings.  Really finding a Vegas act, doesn't matter.  Terry Fator and Olate Dogs are their only 2 successful winners (that I remember).   They are both on tour after a successful Vegas run.  

I liked the first act, the big guy (Oscar?) who danced. I'm guessing we'll see more circus-type acts now that Ringling and others have shut down or been shut down, leaving acrobats and daredevils out-of-work. I liked the dog act, the dogs were all having a blast and were borderline "wild-and-crazy." I never thought Olathe Dogs should have won, but whatever. I liked these poodles that "look like lions" better. I liked the Air Force choir too, color me corny. The implication that those older women were crotchless was in such bad taste for a family show, whether real or faked. And they did not deserve to go through. In all, an entertaining evening, which is all I ask from this show. I now pay attention to what everyone is wearing thanks to you guys, and Tyra continues to bug. Again, thanks to you guys pointing out how irritating she is.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, backformore said:

As to the sob stories -  is it going to be about the SINGING, or about the disability?   Because, I swear, if it comes down to  the hearing impaired singer vs. the visually impaired singer, vs.  the mom-gave-me-her-kidney singer,  then this show will lose me as a viewer

Don't forget the airplane crash survivor.  I have empathy for these people who have some struggles in their lives but COME ON that crash victim singer was not THAT good.  If she had tried out for The Voice -- she would never have been picked.  I know, I sound horrible!

• Love 5

I thought the plane crash survivor was pretty good -- not good enough to win, but good enough to go through to the next round.  The sob stories don't usually get to me, but hers did.  I can't even imagine (1) being in a plane crash, (2) being one of only two survivors, (3) undergoing over 100 surgeries, (4) going through life getting the stares that I'm sure follow her everywhere she goes.  And then she has the guts to go on national TV.  She is one brave woman.

I just didn't get why they put the dog act through.  There was absolutely nothing special about it.

• Love 6

If any singer makes the finals it will be the 12 year old girl with the kidney transplant.  She was pretty good, certainly better than the other 2.   

It doesn't matter though.  The show is about the journey not the winner.  

The young girl ventriloquist was very good.  Did she get the golden buzzer?  I would not mind seeing her win from those we have seen thus far.  What does Vegas do with a child winner?  Did Grace VanderWaal have a show there?  Obviously it would be an in the early evening or afternoon.   Just wondering what it actually was and how long did she run.   How big was the venue etc.  Anyone know?  

• Love 1

This has been a boring season over all so far.

Just some of the acts that I remembered:

Air Force guys - I liked these guys! I thought they were worthy of going through. They were in tune. Now, I don't think that they could win AGT because I don't think a singing group can win, but I liked them.

Golden Buzzer boy - He did sing very well! He deserves to go through, but the sob stories this season are too much.

Magician twins - BEST ACT OF THE NIGHT! I love magic and this I would pay to see.

Pumpkin Face Man - He shouldn't have gone through, but what bothered the most is MelB standing up there insisting that he get passed. I know some of the show is scripted but geesh, don't let the people know that it is scripted! If this little display on stage by MelB wasn't planned, then shame on the judges and producers for breaking the rules. He had already received 3 "no's". This season is a mess!

The Dog show - There was nothing to brag about the dog performance that won AGT, and there was nothing to this dog show either. Should've received at least one X.

This season has been such a disappointment so far I'm wondering if the ratings for AGT were down last season. Too much sob stories, too much dumb acts going through and Tyra Banks trying to be Nick Cannon is too much. I'm giving this a couple more weeks.

Until next time......maybe!

• Love 4

Ugh. 

Ugh Ugh Ugh.

What a snorer of a season.

What was up with the story line tonight? That was just no. And Tyra. That chick is TALL!!! With heels she's like damn near 7 foot tall! She TOWERS over the people and she doesn't know when to back the eff off!! Golden buzzer time was for the mom and son ONLY. She had no business out there!!!! 

And did you hear what she said to the first oriental old lady who had a hard-on for Simon? "Well then git yo big butt out there then!" WHAAAAAT?????

No. Hell no. What were they THINKING???? Maybe they should go hire Ant and Dec?

They are NOT doing any of these people any favors letting them go through cause you know when it's time to handpick the ones for the live show ZERO PERCENT of the pity acts or the sob story acts or the "you're so BRAAAAAAVE" acts are going to get through. It always frustrates the hell out of me when they do that cause they KNOW they're not letting ANY of them through to the live show!!!!

Pumpkin man? On the live show? Um....nope. The dancing golden girls? Nope. Doggie act? Nope. Counting Doggie? Nope. The sob story singers et al? Uh,,.you're so brave but you can't sing well enough....sorry!

The golden buzzer guy was phenomenal. I mean. Stage presence. That boy WERKED that stage! And that is one of my all time favorite songs, and youngster did it justice! Can't wait to see what he does next!

But the rest of them? Somebody said it better up-thread. NONE OF THESE ACTS WOULD'VE MADE IT ON THE VOICE!!!! And that show has some serious sob stories, but at least the acts can SANG...these folks? Plane crash survivor? She's "Church Choir good" She's a really solid Alto, but that's the absolute end of her range. She'll never make the live show.

The Air Force Cadets either. I love a man in uniform and believe me, I was DROOLING over these boys, but can they sing?

Um...no. They never should've gotten through and they'll never make the live show.

Ah well. Still worth watching every week though and that's something.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, wings707 said:

I hit the  golden buzzer for the FF feature on my remote.  Thank you,  DIRECTV.  

Oh my...a thousand times, yes.  If not for the FF feature on my TIVO remote, I would never have made it through this gawd awful episode.  Last season I quit watching when Grace Vanderwhat got the golden buzzer. I thought I'd give it another try this season.  Episode 1 was pretty good, and I was happy enough.  Episode 2 was fair, not nearly as good as episode 1, but okay.  This episode was two hours of so much horrible that I'm already debating whether to quit watching this season too.   

• Love 1
7 hours ago, gigiann said:

Don't forget the airplane crash survivor.  I have empathy for these people who have some struggles in their lives but COME ON that crash victim singer was not THAT good.  If she had tried out for The Voice -- she would never have been picked.  I know, I sound horrible!

How could I forget?   thanks for the correction.

So we have hearing impaired singer, visually impaired singer, crash survivor/burn victim singer, and kidney transplant singer. 

America - vote for your favorite disability, I mean singer!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

Oh my...a thousand times, yes.  If not for the FF feature on my TIVO remote, I would never have made it through this gawd awful episode.  Last season I quit watching when Grace Vanderwhat got the golden buzzer. I thought I'd give it another try this season.  Episode 1 was pretty good, and I was happy enough.  Episode 2 was fair, not nearly as good as episode 1, but okay.  This episode was two hours of so much horrible that I'm already debating whether to quit watching this season too.   

Hope for a good comic and animal act will keep me watching but at warp speed.  I can tear through through a 2 hour show in record time.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Hope for a good comic and animal act will keep me watching but at warp speed.  I can tear through through a 2 hour show in record time.  

Oh lord, me too. I never watch this show live and it usually takes me about 20 minutes to get through an episode unless I want to hear the judges. 

I can't name a single act from this week that was memorable for the right reasons.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:37 PM, camom said:

I thought the plane crash survivor was pretty good -- not good enough to win, but good enough to go through to the next round.  The sob stories don't usually get to me, but hers did.  I can't even imagine (1) being in a plane crash, (2) being one of only two survivors, (3) undergoing over 100 surgeries, (4) going through life getting the stares that I'm sure follow her everywhere she goes.  And then she has the guts to go on national TV.  She is one brave woman.

I just didn't get why they put the dog act through.  There was absolutely nothing special about it.

Yes, That was a "sob story" that  was 100% real and heartbreaking, not like "my parents got divorced" or "I got bullied in school" or the usual crap that's supposed to make us feel sympathy. I actually liked her singing. There was a nice tone to her voice and she didn't oversing like so many contestants. She's obviously not going far but good for her for going to the next round.

Animal acts always seem to go through unless they're really terrible. In this case, the family did a nice job of presentation, with the lively music and the cute matching mother-daughter outfits and all the jumping around. So it was entertaining if the actual dog tricks weren't that great. We'll see what happens next time. (Same with the musical chicken. I think that was definitely a one shot bit).

Mel B's obsession with the pumpkin dancer was just weird. "I'm not leaving the stage until you give him another yes." What??

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:55 PM, backformore said:

So, the synchronized ladies - were they really not wearing underwear, and flashing at the audience?  Or is that just what we are led to believe? 

I would be shocked if that was not a hoax. Maybe for them agreeing to play along the producers made a deal to put them through. I can't see any other reason. Also, hard to believe that the 80 year old woman who lusted after Simon got put through. She was terrible. And for me, the whole "get a room thing" wasn't cute, it was creepy.

The 16 year old singer who got his sight back was good, but not Golden Buzzer worthy. Why is it that only singers (including singing ventriloquists) get the buzzer? It's actually easier for them to come up with new material for each show. All they have to do is sing a different song.

I'm interested in seeing what the French twins come up with. I have a good feeling about them.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 5
(edited)

There is much more edited backstory time wasted this year than any prior season - and that is beyond the absurd degree of sob storydom we are being made to endure.  Show us more actual acts!  

They are trying sooooooo hard to make Tyra happen.  It isn't.

I've still yet to see even a second of her with Mel or Heidi in the green room/waiting room/make-up area.  She has been shown with the fellas back there.

Fat boy's voice was quite something.  Loved the magicians.  Really loved the personality of the wife in the acrobatic act (married to the Russian).  I also enjoyed the old Asian lady who was telling it like it is in her world.  

The dog act from Sarasota (Hello Ringling Bros.) was pretty lame.  Nothing, however, matches the lameness of the GB this week.  Randy Jackson is rolling over in his grave (tm Charles Barkley).

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

There is much more edited backstory time wasted this year than any prior season - and that is beyond the absurd degree of sob storydom we are being made to endure.  Show us more actual acts!  

They don't have anymore!  LOL  This show seems endless; I don't know how long it runs but it seems longer than most.  My guess is they have to fill in with back stories, back stage and nonsense to fill up the weeks due to lack of "good" acts.    

i loved the twin magic act

no one mentioned the comedian who sang like the cartoons. it was hilarious.

when those air force men came on i thought my,my. they were cute but not such great singers. simon's looking at them with dollar signs. they sang a one direction song. he's looking for the next boy band.

is the pumpkin guy related to mel. im not leaving till he gets a yes. whats that about?

its funny how dogs and chickens get standing ovations.

• Love 3

Team Howie with that acapella group.  Yawn.  Take off the uniforms and they were any other boy-band in the making.  IA that Simon is grooming them for $$$.  Although there were so many guys, wouldn't they have to get rid of some?  It was like Boyz 12 from American Dad.

Mel was ridiculous with that Pumpkin Guy sketch.  Yeah, it was a sweet gesture, but passing off that mess as a legit contender was bogus.  Dude, you can do that on a street corner and spread the same amount of happiness.  

The magic twins won the night for me.  Clever, interesting, and innovative.  That's the kind of show I would pay to see.

On 6/14/2017 at 7:50 AM, sharifa70 said:

Is it just me, or have the sob stories been super-sized this year? It seems like the judges have been spouting endless versions of "you're a beautiful/special/amazing unicorn who is the sun's reason for rising" to just about everyone who gets through, when I feel like most of the acts have been good-ish, but not something I need to see again. I respect people's struggles, but I feel like the judges actually diminish those struggles when they fall all over themselves with excessive praise. 

No, it's not just you.  Talk about laying it on thick.  What really bugs me is that the complete lack of suspense about whether these people are going to the next round.  The moment the sentimental music begins and they start telling their story, I tune out.  I'm not denying their talent, it's just embarrassingly predictable at this point.  Hell, the hashtags alone give it away.

I thought the last kid was great, but I wouldn't have given him the Golden Buzzer, or the plane crash girl.  I'm just so over the singers.  

I liked the Limbo Girl and the guy imitating the cartoon characters, but I can't see them getting very far.

• Love 1

A bit late but here we go:

11: That old lady who hit on Simon - I seem to have missed what the actual ACT was here, but it's nice seeing Simon flirt with women more age appropriate for him.

10: Oscar Hernandez - Sam B, is that you? This was a bit of fun, but he's hardly a fantastic dancer. That being said, if Beyonce has an opening on her team...

9: Kechi - The backstory was pretty much inevitable considering her appearance. It's a horrific/inspiring story and she has a lovely voice, but she did seem a tiny bit timid and we've heard better even on this season so far...still, I wish her the best.

8: In the Stairwell - Howie seems to have it in his contract to hit the buzzer on something completely harmless and middle of the road each season and then act like he's suddenly remembered he's supposed to be a judge. This year it was these guys turn, but similarly to JM I thought they were pretty fun and we've heard MUCH blander/duller singers even this season...

7: Pompeyo Family Dogs -This was pure chaos, but fun chaos and I quite liked the hunger games capitol city family running around trying to control the herd on stage. It's been a while since we've had a good dog act and while these didn't seem QUITE up to bar with the Olate Dogs, they were still enjoyable.

6: Christian Guardino - FINALLY a singer gets the golden buzzer, after years and years of patiently hoping and waiting it's FINALLY HAPPENED. WE HAVE DONE IT GUYS, THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE. I DREAMED A DREAM IN A TIME GONE BYYYY....Sarcasm aside, he's quite good and very likable...I just find it increasingly harder to get excited over singers as they seem to be PLENTIFUL this season and he didn't have the added benefit of an interesting gimmick (Puddles) or impressive feats in the face of disability (Mandy). Saying all that, he's so likable as a person I would not mind seeing him do well.

5: Daniel Ferguson - I keep bringing up BGT and this is another case where an act VERY similar to this appeared there and did pretty well so this wasn't a surprise to me...and yet I STILL really really enjoyed it. He needs some grannies on stage throwing their underwear at him when he's doing the Simon impression, but he brings a welcome bit of levity to a season full of sob story singers and I very much look foward to hearing more.

4: Elena and Sasha - What they do is very dangerous and impressive and yada yada yada can we just talk for a moment about how Elena was funnier than most of the stand-up comedians on this show? I kind of fell in love with them during the interview stage, sure we've seen the "quirky couple doing something really dangerous and impressive while acting goofy" thing before, but something about them felt very refreshing. I didn't mind the rope either, we have seen what happens when things go wrong before (Uzeyer) and it didn't take anything away from the act, I just fear they will run out of things to show us kinda like throwings last year.

3: Shemika Charles - Holy moley, Batman! This was quite something and I don't think we've seen limbo done quite this way before on the show. How low CAN she go? No, seriously...what's next? Is she going to limbo her way through the gap in Tyras shoes? This might be a case of her showing TOO much and while I HOPE she can make it far on this show, I really can't see how she's going to top herself...time will tell I suppose.

2: Tony and Jordan - This is everything I love about the show, creative, fun, exciting and surprising all rolled into one. They are pretty much HARA 2.0, but where he might have seemed too distant and artsy fartsy to the audience, these guys managed to add a LOT of personality and humor to the act which should hopefully make them more likable and relatable to the voters...here's hoping at least.

1: Dancing Pumpkin Man - Winner.

Overall, this episode was just FUN if you leave out the bit with Kechi in the middle, which almost didn't seem to match the tone the rest of the show was going for. Still, it's been a very strong start for the series so far and while I'm getting a bit worried over the amount of singers, there's just enough cool variety that makes me hopeful for the future...If anything the show is proving that even after 12 years it can still manage to show us new things, which is something...

• Love 2

They should have the golden buzzer act in the middle of the episode sometime jsut so it isn't so predictable.  And, if they really want to surprise people, have the last act get Xed.

On 6/14/2017 at 5:50 AM, sharifa70 said:

I may have missed something, but I think the singing golden buzzer boy didn't tell the judges that he was once blind. I play a little game with myself whenever there is a sob story, I try to figure out how the judges are going to "spontaneously" find out what the sob story is - though, usually it is just "why did you pick this song?" (which they really should ask of people who don't have a sob story too, because, if they want the audience to think they don't know about the sob story beforehand).  I don't remember them "coaxing" his sob story out of him.  

13 hours ago, lor said:

no one mentioned the comedian who sang like the cartoons. it was hilarious.

I knew there was an act that made me laugh out loud, but couldn't remember who it was.  

• Love 2

I've seen the limbo girl before, and she's fantastic. The video I saw, she did the limbo under the car but with a tray full of food (I'd link it here but it was on Tumblr so harder to find on YouTube). I hope her mom always stays part of the act.

Speaking of acts I've seen in videos before...was Dancing Pumpkin Man this guy that's been a meme for years??? This video was uploaded in 2006, he's still doing this???

I don't know if they were buzz-worthy, but the singing marines were definitely cheesy, and not in the way that I usually enjoy. I cringed throughout that whole performance, the choreography has got to go.

The thing that bothers me most about the sob stories is that the contestants tell them in their confessionals and then tell them ALL OVER AGAIN to the judges (after questions that are clearly designed to elicit the story) so that we hear them twice. We don't need to hear them twice.

• Love 5

What does Vegas do with a child winner?

Same thing "Vegas" does with all winners.  If you read the fine print rules at the end of each episode, the prize is one million spread out over 40 years, and the winner gets to "headline" the America's Got Talent special Vegas show.  That show always includes almost all of the finalists and even some of the other popular acts that didn't make the finals.  That show (with the winner as the headline act) is only produced for a few performances so a child winner can perform a few times and then go back to school.

A few contestants have been hired to perform in Vegas but not as a part of any AGT deal.  Terry Fator was the most successful winner, but some others like "Jabberwocky" (one of the original multi-media dance groups) got a Vegas act without winning.  And some contestants have been Vegas performers before ever appearing on AGT.  Remember, Vegas has dozens and dozens of hotels and venues, and every one is constantly hiring performers.

• Love 3

Thank you @UncleChuck.  I have wondered about that but never interested enough to seek it out.  I knew it was not as it seemed but good god, that is a terrible prize!  Spread out over 40 years?  That doesn't even make sense.  And only a few performances?  Oy.   I do know there are hundreds of venues that have shows, some pretty lame.  

18 hours ago, UncleChuck said:

A few contestants have been hired to perform in Vegas but not as a part of any AGT deal.  Terry Fator was the most successful winner, but some others like "Jabberwocky" (one of the original multi-media dance groups) got a Vegas act without winning. 

Do you mean the dance group, Jabbawockeez?  If so, they did audition for "America's Got Talent in 2007", but were cut in the callbacks episode, never making it to the live show.  They're not, however, a multi-media dance group, so maybe you mean someone else.   In 2008, Jabbawockeez auditioned for the first season of "America's Best Dance Crew", and they won that show.  They've been hugely successful since then.  Eventually, they began headlining their own Vegas show in 2010, up to the present. They're now competing on the new TV show, "World of Dance", which includes professional dancers as contestants.  It's widely thought they will do very well on this show, too.    It does make me wonder (a lot) about the criteria by which AGT is judging the auditioners. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

Do you mean the dance group, Jabbawockeez?

That's exactly the group that I meant, even though I was mistaken about the multi-media.  You proved my point, however, in that they managed a very successful career, including a Vegas show, without winning AGT.  IMO, AGT is all about the national exposure, and less about winning the prize. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, UncleChuck said:

That's exactly the group that I meant, even though I was mistaken about the multi-media.  You proved my point, however, in that they managed a very successful career, including a Vegas show, without winning AGT.  IMO, AGT is all about the national exposure, and less about winning the prize. 

Yeah, but I don't think AGT had anything to do with Jabawokeez.  I think ABDC is the one that catapulted them into stardom.  Jabawokeez just didn't give up.  That's all. 

But, I do agree overall that acts don't have to win this to be successful.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, GenL said:

Yeah, but I don't think AGT had anything to do with Jabawokeez.  I think ABDC is the one that catapulted them into stardom.  Jabawokeez just didn't give up.  That's all. 

But, I do agree overall that acts don't have to win this to be successful.

I agree.  Acts go on to get exposure in the hope of being discovered.  It is another audition on their search for a career in entertainment.  It is a grind.  Aspiring actors goi on  every open call for game shows or anything to get in a position too be seen. 

• Love 1

Howie buzzed the singing Air Force singers   Isn't he the same judge who put through those giant puppets seasons ago? 

Felt so bad for the comedian.   He was so nervous. His timing was off but maybe there is something there.    Glad Howie encouraged him. 

The guy singing cartoons cracked me up.