Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Part 25

This is going to be a tense 10 hours!

Question: At the beginning of episode 2, whose body are they looking at partially buried in the sand? It's too dark for me to see.

I'm wondering if it's not a foreshadowing of Eric o'Bannon or the Ozzy character. It's hard to tell partially covered and upside down. 

Well im sure Kevin didn't expect the 'clean up' to go like that!! 

I wonder what Roys end game in it is. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, HollyG said:

Question: At the beginning of episode 2, whose body are they looking at partially buried in the sand? It's too dark for me to see.

The body was Marco. Kevin was having a nightmare or whatever it was about having leaving evidence at the body (his sunglasses) that would lead the cops to him.

• Love 4

Still feel like smacking Kevin! I don't know what attributes he brings to any relationship. He is whiny and expects everyone to fix his problems. 

Meg is also very annoying. The only one I really like is John. Yeah he killed Danny, I hated Danny, but he tries his damnedest to fix the problems of his idiot family. 

• Love 15

If I was the clean-up guy I would have shot Kevin too, he was making everything so much more difficult. All he had to do was listen and follow the instructions. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Kevin is such an insufferable helpless idiot. Last season he was all like standing up to John telling him they don't need him and now he is back to being completely helpless and cant do a thing without big brother's approval. 

• Love 8
(edited)

This show has its flaws, to be sure, but I am willing to suspend everything because I am completely riveted by Kyle Chandler's acting.  The man is constantly two seconds away from a complete nervous breakdown.  He mesmerizes me.  His eyebrows are better actors than 95% of whoever else is on any show, ever.  His stress radiates through my television screen to the point that I need a glass of wine after each episode to help me calm down.  It takes me 90 minutes to watch each 60 minute episode because I find myself rewinding some of his more fabulous facial expressions.  Did I say he mesmerizes me??  

Kevin is a massive screw-up, but I buy it.  He's been portrayed to be the messed-up brother from back when they were kids.  I loved how he called John, begging and pleading for his help.  And then with the very next call, he's all, "this is all your fault anyway, John!"  I find the twisted relationship between the siblings the very best part of this show.  I LOL'd when the guy told Kevin that they could perhaps use Meg as the person who shot Marco, and Kevin's like, "um, no?  She's my sister!"

I even buy Sally being the most naive person on the planet.  I think she's been lying for so long, she believes all of her own stories, and she's so emotionally checked out, she no longer knows how to properly react.  I thought the scene of her going to help a customer right after Meg told her that John killed Danny was fabulous.

The one thing that pokes at me is, how do they keep their cell phones charged all the time?  LOL, I kid...sort of.  I do wonder.

17 hours ago, HollyG said:

I honestly thought it was Danny, but it couldn't be.  Could it?  I thought they showed what looked like a really decomposed body partially buried in a swamp...was that part of Kevin's dream?  I thought that came later.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 11

God, the drinking on this show....maybe everyone could figure out what to do if they weren't constantly drinking.

I wonder why John doesn't just get on that bus and keep going. He should leave that whole f*cked up family behind. 

And I'm getting sick of the hundreds of scenes of someone calling someone else and getting frustrated because they don't answer their phone.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, KaleyFirefly said:

And I'm getting sick of the hundreds of scenes of someone calling someone else and getting frustrated because they don't answer their phone.

That would drive me nuts!!! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This show has its flaws, to be sure, but I am willing to suspend everything because I am completely riveted by Kyle Chandler's acting.  The man is constantly two seconds away from a complete nervous breakdown.  He mesmerizes me.  His eyebrows are better actors than 95% of whoever else is on any show, ever.  His stress radiates through my television screen to the point that I need a glass of wine after each episode to help me calm down.  It takes me 90 minutes to watch each 60 minute episode because I find myself rewinding some of his more fabulous facial expressions.  Did I say he mesmerizes me??  

You described Kyle Chandler's acting perfectly. His emotions are so real, that I was breathing heavily whenever he gets mad or nervous. He is the best actor on the show. His eyes also show so much emotion, and they are really pretty. But my favorite thing he does on the show, is that little smirk whenever someone acts like an idiot (Kevin). His facial expression is like "I can't believe I'm related to this piece of shit."

• Love 15

I'm on the Kyle Chandler bandwagon. He's doing a sublime job this season. I hope he takes home an Emmy! He is easy on the eyes as well and I'll be sorry when this is over. 

I also love that little smirk and think that @Suzy123 has the correct meaning behind it! 

• Love 9

Even sweaty, disheveled, bags-under-the-eyes Kyle Chandler is prettier than anyone else I can think of.

Anyone remember him from "Homefront?"  Or perhaps many of you weren't even born yet, LOL.  That was the start of my Kyle crush, and darned if that man doesn't get exponentially more handsome with age.  But his acting is and has always been stellar.  He's one of those actors who, when he goes quiet, you can't take your eyes off of him because you don't know what he's going to do.  And then he lets his face do the acting.  He absolutely deserves all the awards, and I can't figure out why so many people have never heard of this show.  

• Love 16
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Even sweaty, disheveled, bags-under-the-eyes Kyle Chandler is prettier than anyone else I can think of.

Anyone remember him from "Homefront?"  Or perhaps many of you weren't even born yet, LOL.  That was the start of my Kyle crush, and darned if that man doesn't get exponentially more handsome with age.  But his acting is and has always been stellar.  He's one of those actors who, when he goes quiet, you can't take your eyes off of him because you don't know what he's going to do.  And then he lets his face do the acting.  He absolutely deserves all the awards, and I can't figure out why so many people have never heard of this show.  

I remember him from Homefront. I was a teenager, I think, when he was on that show. I loved Early Edition, though - that's what I mostly remember him from. 

• Love 6

Haven't we all felt like John at some point in our lives?

Your whole f'ing family needing, demanding something? No gratitude. Get blamed when things don't go right, but never getting thanks when things do go right?

When they need something, they won't quit calling and badgering. But when YOU something, they act terribly inconvenienced and you better damn well beg and act like they are saving the world. (gah, I just needed a cup of sugar. I never reminded you that you STILL owe me $5000.00)

No? just me? 

I love John!

• Like 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, wait.what said:

Your whole f'ing family needing, demanding something? No gratitude. Get blamed when things don't go right, but never getting thanks when things do go right?

When they need something, they won't quit calling and badgering. But when YOU something, they act terribly inconvenienced and you better damn well beg and act like they are saving the world. (gah, I just needed a cup of sugar. I never reminded you that you STILL owe me $5000.00)

No? just me? 

I love John!

I totally get what you are saying! I think that's why I like John as a character so much, because I identify with him a little bit. Always trying to be the "good" one, because the rest of your family is fucked up. 

• Love 7

This season isn't starting off well for me. Kevin and Meg doubling down on the stupid. Sally being a massive hypocrite - turns Kevin out of the house but then whinges that Gilbert *has to* find out who shot her son, like she's Mother of the Year. I am not sure if I can stick with a show where everyone is so incredibly venal or at minimum, unpleasant. Even John isn't exempt.  

Also, not only is the show dark, it's physically dark. Sometimes it's hard to tell what's going on, and every scene being shot in the dark gets wearisome. 

I'll give it another 2 episodes before I just go to the finale.

• Love 2

Christ, Kevin.  Every time I think you can't make things even worse, you manage to surprise me.  But I find it perfectly in character that he would be such a mess during all of this, and managed to flail around when getting shot, and having the guy accidentally hurt him more then intended.  Of course, he'll pull through, because we still got eight more episodes for Kevin to fuck things up!

John certainly isn't perfect and has a major dark side, but I think seeing Kevin and Meg fall apart is showing that he truly is the backbone of this family, and these idiots are truly lost without him.  Granted, John can be an idiot too, but a lot of times it feels like it is out of arrogance or denial.  The other two are just helpless (and Sally is just a basket case.)  So, yeah, I'm still rooting for him to somehow get away with it, even though I have a feeling he won't.

So, it seems like the reason Ozzy is sticking around is for him and O'Bannon to try and meet up, to take on Clan Rayborn.  Can't say I have much faith in those two knuckleheads getting anything done.  Sucks for O'Bannon though, being the fall guy.

Kyle Chandler definitely owned this episode.  Granted, that could be said about any show or film that has Kyle Chandler in it.

• Love 7

I'm on the Kyle Chandler love train as well. You can feel the stress coming through the screen whenever he's dealing with his idiot family. He's been the backbone of so many long-running TV shows, but is very underrated. I also loved his performance in "Wolf of Wall Street" - his cat and mouse scenes as the detective pursuing Leo di Caprio were very entertaining.

• Love 5

The opening scene was inadvertently funny because I can't get Guardians of the Galaxy out of my head when I hear the Pina Colada song.

If rooting for John is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Should I be feeling sorry for O'Bannon being made into the fall guy? Because I don't give a crap about him. I barely remember what Ozzy's deal is, either, but you can practically feel the slime oozing from him, so I hope he's a goner soon.

I wouldn't have minded too much if Kevin died. If this is going to end like a Shakespearean tragedy, then almost everyone has to die. The show's gotta start bumping people off already, can't have everyone die in the last few episodes.

John vs Roy Gilbert would be a more compelling conflict than John vs fucking Ozzy and O'Bannon. I hope the former is where the story is headed, and we're not going to get much more of Ozzy and O'Bannon.

Was that Sheriff Aguirre who showed up at Marco's house and later talked to John at the hospital? Why is he nice to John now? I thought they were enemies. I can't remember anymore.

• Love 3
On 5/28/2017 at 6:29 PM, wait.what said:

No? just me? 

I love John!

Oh, so you've met my in-laws? ;)

I also don't get the point of Ozzy anymore. And where is Danny's son? 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Christ, Kevin.  Every time I think you can't make things even worse, you manage to surprise me.  But I find it perfectly in character that he would be such a mess during all of this, and managed to flail around when getting shot, and having the guy accidentally hurt him more then intended.  Of course, he'll pull through, because we still got eight more episodes for Kevin to fuck things up!

John certainly isn't perfect and has a major dark side, but I think seeing Kevin and Meg fall apart is showing that he truly is the backbone of this family, and these idiots are truly lost without him.  Granted, John can be an idiot too, but a lot of times it feels like it is out of arrogance or denial.  The other two are just helpless (and Sally is just a basket case.)  So, yeah, I'm still rooting for him to somehow get away with it, even though I have a feeling he won't.

Yeah, Kevin is a master level f**k up. And this time he doesn't even have the excuse of being high or drunk. There's very little left to like in him. I like Kyle, and I like John better than the rest of them, but I can't say I want him to get away with murder.

13 hours ago, Bec said:

If rooting for John is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Was that Sheriff Aguirre who showed up at Marco's house and later talked to John at the hospital? Why is he nice to John now? I thought they were enemies. I can't remember anymore.

Laughed out loud.

As for Aguirre, he could simply have risen to the occasion and felt some compassion. He's lost his closest confident/minion now that Marco's dead, so he's lost a lot himself. I'm not sure how much he knows about how close Marco was to nailing them, or that John knew he was close - and John may lose his brother.

On the other hand, it could just be that they're in public.

I found it intriguing how the Cleaner was working everything out - yeah, I think he enjoyed shooting Kevin!  So he's the  Coroner and the neighbor that called it in?  Am I wrong on the neighbor bit? ( too dark-literally and figuratively) to make me care enough to rewatch).

• Love 1

Honestly, I was on the Cleaners side when he shot Kevin. The dude is just such a pain, and every second hes around is another second he bumbles around and screws everything up. Its not a failing of the writing or anything, but Kevin really is just the biggest Fuck Up in a see of Fuck Ups. Meg might seemingly have it more together, but I cant say she handles things much better. I can certainly relate to wanting to have a drink after all of this, but does getting plastered and drunk driving REALLY seem like a great idea? And she's a lawyer, I expect her to at least be a little bit smarter!

John might not be a good guy, but I really do relate to his trying to hold everything together, while his family totally implodes. Kyle Chandler is just so compelling, he makes me feel exhausted just looking at him. With such a messed up family of basket cases, no wonder he wanted to take the midnight train to Georgia.

I really do enjoy the weird relationship between the Rayburn siblings. They resent each other, but do try to have each others backs, even when they clearly want to strangle each other. Except for Danny, because, well...you know.

• Love 2

Disappointed that Kevin didn't die. Danny was the twisted, evil brother, Kevin is the stupid one. Really stupid. I was sort of hoping he wasn't a real Rayburn, maybe Mama Rayburn got pregnant from Roy which is why he owes her.

• Love 1

Echo the poster who said she came to the party for Kyle, and is staying for Kyle. 

Crush began with Homefront but in my heart, he will forever be Coach Taylor. 

Clear eyes, full hearts...

• Love 8

Some years ago I had a really bad fever.   Spent the night fading in and out of an endless loop of bad dreams.  No matter how many times I woke up bathed in sweat it always seemed to be 4 a.m.   Morning just wouldn't come.  I never wanted to go through that again.

But I think I just did.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I will follow Kyle Chandler anywhere. His eyes express such a range of emotions. And because I adore Kyle I will never be completely objective about John. Yes, he did a bad thing but it seems the no one else in his entire family even tries to be a responsible adult.

So The Cleaner is the the coroner. That should prove to be an interesting connection.

I'm a little confused about timing. Kevin killed Marco, ran thru the woods, went to the boat yard, changed, went back to Marcos' house to get the statue (!) and then went back to the boat yard. At some point, O'Bannon shows up at the house and leaves. Then, Kevin comes back to the house with the Cleaner, leaves and returns again and is shot. How much time has elapsed? Didn't someone say that Marco had been dead for 60-90 minutes? How did Kevin do all of that in less than 90 minutes? (Remember what character we are talking about here.) And the sound of the gun shots places Kevin in the house long after Marco was murdered. Question for the police to address: why would Kevin still be there?

I know this show has its problems but I enjoy it. Kevin might be the dumbest character on TV. I understand that Meg is emotionally fragile but I was hoping that she wouldn't get behind that wheel. And Sally isn't going to win Mother of the Year. 

And I have some sympathy for Eric O'Bannon. He, too, has done bad things in the past but he didn't kill Marco and it doesn't appear that he will escape the dragnet.

On 5/27/2017 at 2:06 PM, laurakaye said:

The one thing that pokes at me is, how do they keep their cell phones charged all the time?  LOL, I kid...sort of.  I do wonder.

I was thinking this the entire time, particularly John's phone.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
On 2017-6-10 at 10:32 PM, Ellaria Sand said:

I'm a little confused about timing. Kevin killed Marco, ran thru the woods, went to the boat yard, changed, went back to Marcos' house to get the statue (!) and then went back to the boat yard. At some point, O'Bannon shows up at the house and leaves. Then, Kevin comes back to the house with the Cleaner, leaves and returns again and is shot. How much time has elapsed? Didn't someone say that Marco had been dead for 60-90 minutes? How did Kevin do all of that in less than 90 minutes? (Remember what character we are talking about here.) And the sound of the gun shots places Kevin in the house long after Marco was murdered. Question for the police to address: why would Kevin still be there?

The crooked coroner announced the estimated time of death - as you say, Marco would have been dead a lot longer in order for Kevin to traverse the country side breaking down to his mother, Roy and John along the way. I'd imagine the coroner has lied to the police in similar ways for Roy plenty of times.

I was watching youtube videos of Norbert Leo Butz and he seems so confident and charasmatic - playing Kevin must be a blast for him.

• Love 1
On 6/11/2017 at 5:28 PM, LCanterbury said:

I was watching youtube videos of Norbert Leo Butz and he seems so confident and charasmatic - playing Kevin must be a blast for him.

I did this one Saturday afternoon when the other pressing things I had to do didn't seem too important.  He was great on stage! 

• Love 1

I'm a little behind, just watching this now. I'm rooting for Erica and John. Can't stand the rest of the family, and I especially hate Sally. The thing about John- I like him, but he is as fucked up as the rest of them. Who gets a message like that and goes back? Dude, I would have thrown that phone away and went with the girl. The thing is, he is as messed up as the rest of them, but his addiction is them, and it will destroy him just as surely as the booze and stupidity is going to destroy the rest of them.