Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E14: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished / S34.E15: Reunion

• Start Topic

I'll say this, I don't love her, but Sarah beat Brad's ass at Final Tribal. 

Shut up, Ozzie, most people don't care if you win 5 immunities if you can't make them feel that you have more going for you than just that. 

I can't stand Debbie. She's not on the same level as Hantz or Coach's jackasses, but it's close for me.

I really like the new Final Tribal format. Hali and Andrea were gorgeous. I had to laugh at Ozzie's hair blowing in the breeze, though. 

I really hated there being so many game advantages thrown out there this season. 

I wanted Cirie or Andrea, but rarely does it ever turn out to be who I want. I'll be here for the next one, regardless.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Tai had made it clear to Brad and everyone else, that he did not like Brad trying to intimidate and treating him like a child.  Picking him up that was something one would do to a child, so it reinforced the idea that Brad did not see Tai as a fellow adult and an equal, and that he just didn't get it.   Plus lifting him up that way could be seen a physically intimidating, though I don't think that was the intent.  Brad should have just crouched down a bit and given him a man to man hug.  Again, I doubt Brad meant anything bad, but I think it was a bad optic.  

Without the context of Brad's earlier treatment of Tai, the bear hug would have been a non issue.  

You said yourself that Brad didn't mean anything by it and that it wasn't Brad's intent to physically intimidate him. So you're upset why? Because you don't like Brad.  

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

You said yourself that Brad didn't mean anything by it and that it wasn't Brad's intent to physically intimidate him. So you're upset why? Because you don't like Brad.  

I don't know whether he meant anything by it, but I give him the benefit of the doubt.  The point is that Brad is a clueless oaf for picking him up that way, after the whole issue of him treating Tai like a child. It gives the appearance that he learned nothing 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Daisy said:

LOL right? and I think the lack of correction was more of when she turned to Cirie and they both mouthed. "WOW" at each other. they both know that Brad was dead wrong. 

I still have a hard time accepting Michaela schooling anyone on social etiquette. Remember her "Brad, go fishing!" command? And she has never been particularly friendly around camp. I'm not a Brad fan either, but Michaela has been a contributor to a lot of the social problems she has experienced on the show.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Superpole2000 said:

I still have a hard time accepting Michaela schooling anyone on social etiquette. Remember her "Brad, go fishing!" command? And she has never been particularly friendly around camp. I'm not a Brad fan either, but Michaela has been a contributor to a lot of the social problems she has experienced on the show.

It wasn't a command.  It was a suggestion. She was trying to help Brad save himself  (because she wanted him to stay around to fish).  She was going to make a case to her alliance that they should keep Brad around for the fish and that since he was fishing they didn't need to worry about him looking for idols.  

But, she couldn't come right out and tell Brad her plan, because she was afraid he would run to Sarah and she would  be screwed 

• Love 3

Yes! Just watched now. So happy Officer Sarah won! She played the best game and deserved it. What a bitter taste it would have been if Culpepper had won!

Troyzan=Wasted Space. I hope the producers where slapping their foreheads when even he as much admitted on to the jury that he was goat and was rewarded as such with zero votes. Why, why, why...did they bring him back?!

Good thing Sarah has the million though because her undercover career should be effectively over.

Best part of the whole 3 hour extravaganza was one simple line from Michaela. "Please let her finish her statement" showing she would not suffer the rude idiot that is Brad Culpepper. Bring back Michaela! (but wait a season or two so not everyone will be gunning for her). No more Ozzie please...that ship has sailed!

• Love 10

I  was so pissed the way Cirie was "voted"out I FF to the end to see who won.  Maybe I'll rewatch if I get bored over the summer to see the ins and outs. 

Idols, legacies, advantages - too much of them.  To me that's not game play if five people at one tribal can all stand and say "um, Jeff..."  And then one person is out simply because there are no other options. 

But, yeah, I'll be back in the fall.  It's Survivor.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, wings707 said:

She will be back and she will bring Ponderosa Michaela with her.  Well, she will kick a puzzle she doesn't win, too.  It will be a mix.  

Gawdalmighty, but I hope she's never back. I am just tired of her. From the original spoilers when she was announced, I said she was a low-rent replacement because Cydney wouldn't come back (because Black women with a bit of attitude are interchangeable to the Survivor PTB). After this season, I am so over her. Brad may not be my favorite person in the world, but she's more guilty of everything he is being accused of by her or on her behalf. Poor social game. Can be kind of shitty as a person. BUT, unlike Brad, claims she's not bitter.  She has no game, and she's not even pleasant to watch, IMO.

And I like Cirie, but I have expressed my disgust with idols for many seasons now. Like several other seasons, I checked out of this one for most of it. If the idol garbage continues, I might just check out entirely. I watch mostly so I can read the comments of some of the people here. Otherwise, the show has lost me.

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It wasn't a command.  It was a suggestion. She was trying to help Brad save himself  (because she wanted him to stay around to fish).  She was going to make a case to her alliance that they should keep Brad around for the fish and that since he was fishing they didn't need to worry about him looking for idols.   

But that's not what she said. She was trying to get fish from him, so they would be stocked even after voting him off that night. It was absolutely an order, and a selfish one, at that. And there sure wasn't any hint of "suggestion" in her voice. Not so much as a "please". Just a direct order. She told her allies she was going to do it so he wouldn't get an idol and they could vote him out that night. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

But that's not what she said. She was trying to get fish from him, so they would be stocked even after voting him off that night. It was absolutely an order, and a selfish one, at that. And there sure wasn't any hint of "suggestion" in her voice. Not so much as a "please". Just a direct order. She told her allies she was going to do it so he wouldn't get an idol and they could vote him out that night. 

It is what she said in exit interviews and in her YouTube video.  You can dislike Michaela all you want, but there is no need to make up alternative facts to justify it.

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Special K said:

There was a separate live thread, but I guess not everyone knew.

I hate the live-posting, too. :(

Usually, I'd be right there with you.  I work nights and have to leave for work before 10pm, so I don't get to see the outcome of the final vote.  This season, though, I seriously thought Tai's nonsense with Brad and telling him about the idols basically handed the whole thing over to Brad--because who KNEW the dumbass would actually take Sarah to FTC???  Anyway, not me, so I turned off the TV in disgust and left early for work.

And then got on here last night to find out--much to my surprise--that Brad's a bigger idiot that Tai.  And apparently more obnoxious, so I guess at some point this weekend I'll watch the last bit of the finale.  I'm not really much of a Sarah fan, either, but I'll take her over Brad every damn day.

• Love 2

Probst defined Outplay (of the Survivor creed) as "how you responded to the conditions put on you by the game"-- but when did Outplay stop meaning how well you performed in the challenges to keep yourself (post-merge) and your tribe (pre-merge) safe?  Doesn't Outwit kind of cover how well you responded to tribe switches and twists?

• Love 4
16 hours ago, KHenry14 said:
  • First, Sarah was a deserving winner. And bonk on the head to Brad for bringing her into the final 3.

And frankly, of all these castaways the only one I want to see again is Michaela. I especially don't want to see Ozzy and Cirie. 4 opportunities is enough chances to get it done. And no more Queen of Survivor, arrogance isn't attractive. 

Ditto to this. I'm tired of Probst bringing back HIS favorites instead of who the viewers want to see.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't know whether he meant anything by it, but I give him the benefit of the doubt.  The point is that Brad is a clueless oaf for picking him up that way, after the whole issue of him treating Tai like a child. It gives the appearance that he learned nothing 

Sorry, but I don't agree with your reasoning there. Basically, you don't like Brad and you want to assume the worst of him in every situation. He's not Ted Bundy. He's married, has kids, and a successful law firm. I believe he meant it as a way to show affection and didn't mean anything by it. It has nothing to do with treating Tai as a child but has everything to do with th size difference. I'm only 5'2" and I often get picked up when people hug me. I guess you think they're all showing me disrespect and not affection. 

6 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It is what she said in exit interviews and in her YouTube video.  You can dislike Michaela all you want, but there is no need to make up alternative facts to justify it.

The only alternative facts are what Michaela is claiming now. We saw her tell Cirie she was going to make Brad get fish for them to eat and not be able to look for an idol. Cirie was even laughing about it in her TH about how Michaela had no clue how to treat people. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Probst defined Outplay (of the Survivor creed) as "how you responded to the conditions put on you by the game"-- but when did Outplay stop meaning how well you performed in the challenges to keep yourself (post-merge) and your tribe (pre-merge) safe?  Doesn't Outwit kind of cover how well you responded to tribe switches and twists?

I think, if I remember the stuff he said after that, he did include challenges as a condition of the game, along with rewards, HIIs, advantages, tribe swaps and the other stuff that is producer driven. The way I understood how Jeff explained the Outwit/Outplay difference as outwit was about how players interacted with each other (alliances or blocs, driving the vote, making connections) and the outplay as how players interacted with the various show elements that you cannot control/ignore. I don't know if I agree, but I do think he made the categories that broad so that there'd be space for someone like Sarah to point out the areas where she excelled that weren't just interpersonal relationships.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Yes, I too thought that definition given by Probst was too restrictive. I think Outplay can take various forms and does. Although, to be honest, I feel that while Outwit and Outlast are pretty clear, Outplay is a bit of both of these because all ways of Outwit I can think of fit into one of these two categories. I've always suspected that third word was added because it's catchier to have three rather than two, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong if someone has a clearer view of what "Outplay" means that is not covered by Outwit or Outlast.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, vibeology said:

I think, if I remember the stuff he said after that, he did include challenges as a condition of the game, along with rewards, HIIs, advantages, tribe swaps and the other stuff that is producer driven. The way I understood how Jeff explained the Outwit/Outplay difference as outwit was about how players interacted with each other (alliances or blocs, driving the vote, making connections) and the outplay as how players interacted with the various show elements that you cannot control/ignore. I don't know if I agree, but I do think he made the categories that broad so that there'd be space for someone like Sarah to point out the areas where she excelled that weren't just interpersonal relationships.

We posted at the same time. Thanks for this clarification, but I'm still not sold either, because it implies outplaying the setting of the game rather than other contestants, which is weird. Maybe Outplay means "Outadapt"? But how is that not covered with Outlast and Outwit? 

17 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Yeah his bulletpoints for Outplay included building shelters, challenges, twists, and tribe swaps.  Which makes winning challenges maybe 25% of a third of your "value" as a player?  Seems like the show is co-signing the idea that challenges aren't that important after all. 

TBH, when Probst started describing Outwit, Outplay, Outlast, all I heard was that wah-wah-wah sound the adults make on Charlie Brown.  It sounded like he was word-salading his way through it.

• Love 6

I just finally saw the clip of the votes that were never read, so Sarah was a goner if not for that legacy advantage, huh? I kind of think Jeff should have shown them those votes so they could see who the target was. Also, Sarah actually signed her vote for Tai, so that would have been interesting. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

I just finally saw the clip of the votes that were never read, so Sarah was a goner if not for that legacy advantage, huh? I kind of think Jeff should have shown them those votes so they could see who the target was. Also, Sarah actually signed her vote for Tai, so that would have been interesting. 

I completely agree. They should always read all of the votes, and they very rarely do. In this circumstance, though, there was no good reason to keep those votes concealed. It would have been interesting information for the viewers at home (always a good reason to do something), and it would be in line with how they handle ordinary vote reveals.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

5 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I'm not sure why we are supposed to so easily accept what she said in her exit interviews as "the truth" without being accused of trying to "make up alternative facts".  We could just as easily turn this around.  What I heard on the show during that episode was words coming out her mouth that said 1) I want to make sure Brad isn't looking for an idol, and 2) I'm hungry.  Then the next we heard was her telling him to "go fish".  He interprets it as blackmail.  So did I.  I interpreted it as her saying to him that he had better go fish for them otherwise they might vote him out.  Either that, or that she wanted him to get them some fish before he left the game.

Now we have her saying in these interviews that she really was trying to save him.  Why should we believe her now?  The Michaela we saw on the show has absolutely no filter or sense of subtlety.  She thinks something, and she opens her mouth, and it comes out.  I don't believe for an instant that she was trying to hint to him that he should fish so that people wouldn't think he was looking for an idol.  That is directly contradicted by her saying "I want to make sure he isn't looking for an idol".  There was no sense of her trying to protect Brad at all.  It came across as pure selfishness, especially when coupled with her "I'm really hungry and it'd be nice to have some fish".

She's trying to revise history here.  Especially since she apparently felt so much hostility towards him throughout the entire game.  He's apparently the very epitome of the Rich White Man that's always keeping her down in life.  So why on earth would she now say she was trying to save him and expect people to believe her?  She hated him.

29 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

I agree.  I think Jeff should have read all the votes out of formality.  Normally he reads votes until there is enough to vote someone out and the others remain secret.  But here, even though it was a foregone conclusion that none of the votes would count, he should have read them out because the vote would have to be formally nullified by the immunity.

The fact that Sarah wrote "Tai.   Love, Sarah" just shows so much arrogance.  Tai would probably not have trusted Sarah after that.  And everyone would have seen that the majority were on the same page about wanting to get rid of Sarah.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I'm not sure why we are supposed to so easily accept what she said in her exit interviews as "the truth" without being accused of trying to "make up alternative facts".  We could just as easily turn this around.  What I heard on the show during that episode was words coming out her mouth that said 1) I want to make sure Brad isn't looking for an idol, and 2) I'm hungry.  Then the next we heard was her telling him to "go fish".  He interprets it as blackmail.  So did I.  I interpreted it as her saying to him that he had better go fish for them otherwise they might vote him out.  Either that, or that she wanted him to get them some fish before he left the game.

Now we have her saying in these interviews that she really was trying to save him.  Why should we believe her now?  The Michaela we saw on the show has absolutely no filter or sense of subtlety.  She thinks something, and she opens her mouth, and it comes out.  I don't believe for an instant that she was trying to hint to him that he should fish so that people wouldn't think he was looking for an idol.  That is directly contradicted by her saying "I want to make sure he isn't looking for an idol".  There was no sense of her trying to protect Brad at all.  It came across as pure selfishness, especially when coupled with her "I'm really hungry and it'd be nice to have some fish".

She's trying to revise history here.  Especially since she apparently felt so much hostility towards him throughout the entire game.  He's apparently the very epitome of the Rich White Man that's always keeping her down in life.  So why on earth would she now say she was trying to save him and expect people to believe her?  She hated him.

I agree.  I think Jeff should have read all the votes out of formality.  Normally he reads votes until there is enough to vote someone out and the others remain secret.  But here, even though it was a foregone conclusion that none of the votes would count, he should have read them out because the vote would have to be formally nullified by the immunity.

The fact that Sarah wrote "Tai.   Love, Sarah" just shows so much arrogance.  Tai would probably not have trusted Sarah after that.  And everyone would have seen that the majority were on the same page about wanting to get rid of Sarah.

Are you aware that that Survivor is not a livestream of everything that goes on on the island and they have these people called "editors"?  

That fact that Michaela does not have much of a filter and lacks subtlety only makes her story more believable.  She lacks the subtlety to effectively give Brad the hint that fishing would be good for his chances of staying in the game, and she also doesn't really care what people think about her, which makes her videos believable.  She is very open about her personality flaws and the mistakes she made in the game, so there is no reason to think she would be lying about this.  

So, without any evidence you accuse Michaela of hating Brad because she hate rich, white men?  Wow!  The reason behind your totally warped interpretations of what went on has now become rather clear.  

I don't think Michaela "hated" Brad, though neither of them liked one another very much.  But, in Survivor you often try to work with people you dislike or even hate.  Do you think Sandra loved Russell?  The best players put their feelings aside and try to do whatever is best for their game.  If Brad had put aside his anger towards Tai and taken him to FTC instead of Sarah he would have $1 million and the title of Sole Survivor.  Maybe he can learn something from Michaela.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 3
(edited)

Are you aware it's not a livestream? We saw what Michaela said to Brad. And what she said to Cirie. And the cameras. It wasn't until after the show aired that she changed her story. 

Also, after the show and during, she talked about how she ca only relate to people from similar backgrounds. Michaela doesn't hate Brad but Brad hates her?  Sorry, but I don't see her through the same filter as her fans who think that she is so adorable and nice and funny and apparently incapable of hate. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 2

I've just read the speculation thread about how Jeff Varner might be received at the reunion. While I  think it went as smoothly as possible, with only a number of us rolling our eyes at his namedropping his employer and pushing for his book, and Zeke not acknowledging him, I'm sadly reminded that Jerry was booed off stage for reasons I still don't understand in the All Stars reunion. 

And I've just realised this should have gone in the All Season thread but I'm incompetent to know how to move it there. Sorry, folks.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

Are you aware it's not a livestream? We saw what Michaela said to Brad. And what she said to Cirie. And the cameras. It wasn't until after the show aired that she changed her story. 

Also, after the show and during, she talked about how she ca only relate to people from similar backgrounds. Michaela doesn't hate Brad but Brad hates her?  Sorry, but I don't see her through the same filter as her fans who think that she is so adorable and nice and funny and apparently incapable of hate. 

Honestly, I don't think Michaela hates Brad or Brad hates Michaela.  They don't seem to like each other  and they didn't get along well probably because:

a) They didn't have a lot in common.

b) One thing they did have in common was strong, stubborn personalities, which probably caused them to clash

c) They ended up on opposite sides, making the adversaries through most of the game.  It is natural to like the people who are trying to help you advance and dislike those who are against you.  

I find it funny that people think Brad is so warm, fuzzy and lovable that nobody could possibly dislike him, unless they were crazy, racist or whatever.  Like Michaela, Brad has some good qualities but also has a way about him that can definitely rub some people the wrong way.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Personally I thought Michaela told Brad to go fish because she was hungry, and his normal role in camp was to go fish. 

As to her having a hard time relating to people not like her... how does that make her different from most of the rest of us? Take a look at who you surround your life with. I'm guilty of that same comfort level. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, NutMeg said:

I'm sadly reminded that Jerry was booed off stage for reasons I still don't understand in the All Stars reunion. 

I don't remember this!  Off to google.  Thanks, I never go to the past seasons threads! 

12 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Are you aware that that Survivor is not a livestream of everything that goes on on the island and they have these people called "editors"?  

That fact that Michaela does not have much of a filter and lacks subtlety only makes her story more believable.  She lacks the subtlety to effectively give Brad the hint that fishing would be good for his chances of staying in the game, and she also doesn't really care what people think about her, which makes her videos believable.  She is very open about her personality flaws and the mistakes she made in the game, so there is no reason to think she would be lying about this.  

So, without any evidence you accuse Michaela of hating Brad because she hate rich, white men?  Wow!  The reason behind your totally warped interpretations of what went on has now become rather clear.  

I don't think Michaela "hated" Brad, though neither of them liked one another very much.  But, in Survivor you often try to work with people you dislike or even hate.  Do you think Sandra loved Russell?  The best players put their feelings aside and try to do whatever is best for their game.  If Brad had put aside his anger towards Tai and taken him to FTC instead of Sarah he would have $1 million and the title of Sole Survivor.  Maybe he can learn something from Michaela.  

Ahhh... the old "editing" excuse.  Many a contestant and contestant's supporters have tried to claim they were edited poorly.  The bottom line is, you cannot edit in something that wasn't said.  Michaela definitely said she wanted to make sure Brad wasn't looking for an idol, and she definitely said she was hungry and wanted some fish (or some words to that effect).

The reason why I think she is lying about this is because she has seen the show and she has seen the reactions of people to her "go fish" demand and she's trying to spin it to make herself look better.  

I cite the Parade interview in which Michaela complained about the subtle societal influences on the game.  She was complaining that people like her aren't going to be familiar with a compass rose because people like her don't go boating or hiking.  You can go read the interview yourself, I don't know how it can be interpreted in any other way other than "poor black people like me are at a disadvantage, whereas rich white men who go boating would know the symbol".  Then she specifically singles out Brad as living near the water and being more likely to know the compass symbol.  

I think Brad represents a symbol of the society that she feels like she can never be a part of.

• Love 3
On 5/24/2017 at 8:47 PM, simplyme said:

Other things... I liked the new FTC format. Fewer stupid jury questions this way.

Brad looked despondent at the Reunion. I'd guess he was really upset at the way he came off. Hint to Brad: If you're trying to make a case that you really love and respect a man, don't bodily pick him up like a child when you hug him. *sigh* I don't think Brad is evil, but I really don't think he realizes how he sounds sometimes. (Whoever said he looked like their history teacher, I said math teacher, but yeah. He was channeling a high school teacher there.)

More like Vice Principal.

I had no problems with the new FTC format, except that it wasn't what I thought would result from whatever it was that Probst was saying.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Ahhh... the old "editing" excuse.  Many a contestant and contestant's supporters have tried to claim they were edited poorly.  The bottom line is, you cannot edit in something that wasn't said.  Michaela definitely said she wanted to make sure Brad wasn't looking for an idol, and she definitely said she was hungry and wanted some fish (or some words to that effect).

The reason why I think she is lying about this is because she has seen the show and she has seen the reactions of people to her "go fish" demand and she's trying to spin it to make herself look better.  

I cite the Parade interview in which Michaela complained about the subtle societal influences on the game.  She was complaining that people like her aren't going to be familiar with a compass rose because people like her don't go boating or hiking.  You can go read the interview yourself, I don't know how it can be interpreted in any other way other than "poor black people like me are at a disadvantage, whereas rich white men who go boating would know the symbol".  Then she specifically singles out Brad as living near the water and being more likely to know the compass symbol.  

I think Brad represents a symbol of the society that she feels like she can never be a part of.

MIchaela has not denied that she wanted to get Brad fishing instead of looking for an idol.  The point is, she also wanted him to remain in the game a little longer, because she wanted more fish.  She wanted to use the fact that he would be fishing and not looking for an idol to try to get him a temporary reprieve from her alliance.  She was the most food deprived of all the castaways as she had been on practically no food rewards and none recently.  She never claimed she loved Brad or wanted to take him to the end, just that she wanted him around a little longer so she could get more fish.  She also freely admits that she botched the conversation with Brad.  

I don't even get why this is a controversy.  The story she is telling does not make her come across any more favorably than the "blackmail" story.  She was trying to use Brad for fish, either way.    

• Love 5

The descriptions of Brad's reunion look are all spot on - good grief he looked ridiculous. Anyway, so glad that dickhole didn't win. He can go cry on Monica's bolt-ons.

Varner and Jeff pimping the former's book...really?

Ozzy needs to be quiet and just look pretty.

Thank you, Cirie, for bringing what you brought to the game/show.

Without the context of Brad's earlier treatment of Tai, the bear hug would have been a non issue.  

Tai probably didn't mind, since he was able to get a kiss on the lips in the process.

Good season.

• Love 5

I've seen the symbol but didn't know it was called a rose compass. I was practically born in the water (and grew up in Tampa) and have been sailing many, many times. 

The "fish story" is being disputed because Michaela is claiming she wasn't bullying, blackmailing, or being mean. I think she was all three. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

In an exit interview, one of the players (I think Michaela) gave some really, good insight into Tai.  She said that it is not that Tai is naturally disloyal or devious and likes to betray people.  It is that he likes everyone and wants to work with everyone.  So, if castaway A pitches a deal to him in the morning he wants to do it.  But when castaway B pitches another idea in the afternoon, he also wants to do that.  This is what leads to his indecision and flipping. 

Tai in Survivor has always reminded me of what professional poker players say about playing with amateurs.  They screw up the pro's games because they do wildly unexpected things.  In Survivor, people think they have corralled Tai and they know what he will do, and then he does exactly the opposite.

• Love 12
(edited)
2 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Tai in Survivor has always reminded me of what professional poker players say about playing with amateurs.  They screw up the pro's games because they do wildly unexpected things.  In Survivor, people think they have corralled Tai and they know what he will do, and then he does exactly the opposite.

This is exactly why I have no idea why the others didn't just vote him out instead.  They had every opportunity to do so.

Edited by Nalan
  • Love 6

Had to laugh at Troyzan initially thinking he had a chance to win.  Probst's making it sound like just getting to the end (outlasting) made someone deserving of the win didn't help.  Seems that every season there is someone who was carried to the end who thinks they deserve to win because they were able to make it to the end.  

Which is also why they need to have a final three, and not a final two.  Otherwise, it would just be the winner and a goat in every final two and there would be no suspense.  

Personally, I didn't think Sarah had any chance to win, but she gave much better answers to the jury than Brad, the trial lawyer, did.  

Sarah also benefited from what I think may be the least bitter jury ever. "Voted all of you out" could lead to "I'm not voting for you because you are the reason I am on the jury," but this group appreciated her gameplay.  Similarly, some juries would see Brad's "I was always in the minority and on the wrong side of the vote" as "Wow, you are such an underdog but you made it, so here's your million," but this non-bitter jury saw it as, "You are only there because you were a more physically able player and had no other strategy that got you to the end."

This is one of the reason I will probably never get tired of watching survivor.  There is no one strategy that gets you to the end, no one way to get the million dollars.  There is luck involved every step of the way - the luck of starting off on a tribe that wins challenges, the luck of staying healthy enough to play, the luck of a bitter or non-bitter jury., etc...

On 5/24/2017 at 7:53 PM, LadyChatts said:

These themes are so stupid.  How about the social experiment of just putting them together and seeing what happens?  You know, that thing that worked so well before?

My theory is that they need to call the season something. Numbering them would get too confusing.  They used to name them after the location, but they re-use locations, sot that doesn't work anymore.  So they give them a name that will help people remember what happened that season.  The names aren't necessarily all that accurate, but we will probably remember this next season better because this was 
the season with that guy who kept saying he was a hustler"

To me, that is the most annoying part of naming seasons this way - all the players trying to make their label mean someone.

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Nalan said:

This is exactly why I have no idea why the others didn't just vote him out instead.  They had every opportunity to do so.

I think maybe the don't see Tai as a "threat" at FTC, but forget that a player who can get you suddenly voted out by flipping for no good reason is also a threat, not a threat to win, but a threat to your game.  

• Love 7
On 5/25/2017 at 0:35 PM, Daisy said:

Actually, Michaela explained this in her bootout interviews. Brad was safe (had he not won immunity). but because it looked like brad was looking for an immunity, "Go Fish" wasn't "go fish and get me food to eat after i get voted out." "Go Fish" literally meant, go fishing and don't look like you are looking for an idol. 

Michaela can spin all she wants. That's not what she said to her alliance, and her phrasing was pretty much exactly the same as Brad's to Tai. Looking for an idol was his best option, considering the circumstances. Not fishing and hoping she would try to convince the women not to vote him out- -especially with the 10 million idols and advantages floating around out there. As it was, only an immunity run saved him. Like he should believe that they would have a change of heart if he didn't look like he was searching for an idol and went fishing instead. 

• Love 3

Sorry if it was already discussed, but once the idols were all played, wouldn't at least one of them have been put back in play? After Cirie left, I didn't understand why any of them didn't at least go looking for one, since (IIRC) idols can be played up to the final four.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Runningwild said:

I'm only 5'2" and I often get picked up when people hug me. I guess you think they're all showing me disrespect and not affection. 

I'm not sure if there are cultural differences between the people arguing here but I think in America, if you pick up the person you're hugging it better be someone you're sleeping with, raising or grew up in a house with AND you better know an advance they like that sort of thing.  A social hug usually involves only the arms and some shoulders or upper chest touching.  When someone picks you up, your entire torso is suddenly forced against theirs.  I think it's slightly less invasive than say grinding your hips on your huggee, but not much.

I'm a smallish female and no one does it to me and if they did that'd be the last time they got within hugging range.  

5 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Sorry, but I don't agree with your reasoning there. Basically, you don't like Brad and you want to assume the worst of him in every situation. He's not Ted Bundy. He's married, has kids, and a successful law firm. I believe he meant it as a way to show affection and didn't mean anything by it. It has nothing to do with treating Tai as a child but has everything to do with th size difference. I'm only 5'2" and I often get picked up when people hug me. I guess you think they're all showing me disrespect and not affection. 

The only alternative facts are what Michaela is claiming now. We saw her tell Cirie she was going to make Brad get fish for them to eat and not be able to look for an idol. Cirie was even laughing about it in her TH about how Michaela had no clue how to treat people. 

I don't really dislike Brad and I call it like I see it.  As I said, I give him the benefit of the doubt as to his intention, but he was dumb to pick him up like that.  Bad optic.

What you just posted supports Michaela's Youtube account.  She said that she hadn't told her alliance about her plans to keep Brad around a while for the fish.  She wanted him to go fishing first, then she would make the case to Cirie and crew to keep her fish ticket around a bit longer.  

• Love 2

What Winston said ....and:

Picking on adult up off the ground leaves them vulnerable. I can politely step back from a normal hug if I'm uncomfortable. I cant do a thing while my feet are in the air. 

• Love 15