Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: All Chained Up and No Place to Go

• Start Topic

The crew is distracted by the naked guests; Hannah and Bobby hash out their differences; tension mounts between Lauren and Bobby; Bugsy deals with the loss of her grandmother; a twisted anchor chain leaves the crew and guests stranded at sea.

Despite the anchor issue, so far, Capt Sandy seemed to keep her voice pretty level and has not lost her cool. Glad that the stews were focused on keeping the guests distracted whilst getting a water taxi ASAP so they'd make their connections. 

• Love 9

Malia is sort of useless.  All she ever seems to be doing is standing around doing nothing.  I've noticed this for the past couple of weeks, but wasn't sure. I was glad to see her assisting the interior with dinner service.  

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it on her watch that the anchor got all twisted?  Both Wes and Bobby said that the wind changed overnight and the boat basically twisted itself around and around the anchor.  Isn't that something that Malia should have been paying attention to on her watch?

And then she abandons the rest of the deck crew and Captain Sandy still trying to untangle the anchor to take a swim.  Completely useless.  I know she asked the Captain, and she gave the okay, but I thought it was pretty shitty of Malia to even suggest it.  They've all been toiling for eight hours to fix something that was possibly her fault, and she's all "I'm over this.  Let's take a swim girls!"  And I thought Sandy was being sarcastic with her comment about how she wished she could take a swim.  As in . . . she couldn't take a swim because she needed to figure out how to straighten out the anchor.  I thought it was totally fine for the interior and the chef to swim because they'd spent the day keeping the guests occupied and the anchor situation was not their area.

Kudos to Sandy and Wes for keeping their cool and spending so much time to try and figure it out and not give up.  Malia's uselessness has already been established, Bobby gets angry whenever anyone asks him to do anything and he has the slightest bit of trouble, and then the other guy wasn't doing much other than providing muscle.  But at least he admitted it.  And he didn't abandon the rest of the deck crew like Malia.  

• Love 13

I would not be surprised if Bobby gets sent home. Did anyone catch when Captain Sandy told him he knows nothing? Or him bitterly complaining to her face when she asked him to do something? Add in his other Roidy behaviors and the fact that he is Green, and borderline violent, I would dismiss him immediately. 

• Love 9

Re: the tangled anchor chains - whose fault is it?  The captain's?  The person on anchor watch?  The bosun?  The engineer?  Cuz that seems like a huuuuge mistake, and someone's responsible.  

Here's my guess - either the captain or the bosun (or both?) should have the experience or know-how to know something like that could happen overnight, and they should have told the night watch/anchor watch person on duty to alert them to it (the wind, the boat turning, whatever it was that caused the problem...)  

i can't imagine this ever happening to Captain Lee!

• Love 4

I was on the fence about Capt Sandy but her "you know nothing" snap at Bobby officially won me over! Bobby is the worst and by association, so is Lauren. On any other season she might be rather inoffensive but her obsession with Bobby's obsession with Hannah is maybe the most annoying thing to ever hit this franchise, even worse than Leon's beef cheek saga.

Didn't Sandy say she does anchor watch in 3-hour shifts? So 3-4 other people besides Malia where on anchor watch? Unless I misunderstood her meaning, sounds like it was a collective fail. 

Honestly, the most shocking part of this episode is that Mr. Skin and his Skintastic Squad were actually super pleasant and gracious this episode. I thought they were setting them up to be total shitbags but dietary restrictions aside, they were lovely, save for a few questionable comments. Or maybe Bobby is throwing off the curve and everyone seems more tolerable in comparison.

Mostly I continue to fall deeply in love with Wes and I have no shame.

• Love 11
(edited)

Bobby, Bobby, Bobby... You look like a teenager hitted by the puberty and overflowed by new met homones and screaming : "Boobs ! I saw boobs ! OMG ! Nipples ! Skin ! Women !"

You look so... stupid ! Grow up, you, stupid moron ! You're a total disgrace for the mankind !

ETA : I'm not offensed by nudity, but by your comments and attitude ! Yikes !

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Nancypants said:

I would not be surprised if Bobby gets sent home. Did anyone catch when Captain Sandy told him he knows nothing? Or him bitterly complaining to her face when she asked him to do something? Add in his other Roidy behaviors and the fact that he is Green, and borderline violent, I would dismiss him immediately. 

Would anyone be shocked if Bobby and Lauren got themselves sent home early? Lauren is busy steaming the laundry with her tears, while the other two stews are busy doing all of the charter's work. Bobby is so experienced that after working on a grand total of 1.2 boats (season 2 has had 2 charters so far) that he thinks he can mansplain to Captain Sandy and Wes, his Bosun. This is a large reason for why his ass is still single. I'm so ready for them to join the yacht of the damned with Aleks.

• Love 9

I remember that in one scene we saw the bridge and I couldn't really tell if there was someone there on anchor duty but I distinctly heard a few *beeps* that told me that there was an issue...probably the anchor. I think that who ever was on watch had an epic fail (that could end their whole season and be very costly for anchor and chain replacement). I think next week we will probably see who was on duty when the alarms went off and get their ticket home. Sandy seems pretty forgiving but that type of mistake could have titanic results. You do not leave the control center when you are the OOW (officer of the watch). 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Would anyone be shocked if Bobby and Lauren got themselves sent home early? Lauren is busy steaming the laundry with her tears, while the other two stews are busy doing all of the charter's work. Bobby is so experienced that after working on a grand total of 1.2 boats (season 2 has had 2 charters so far) that he thinks he can mansplain to Captain Sandy and Wes, his Bosun. This is a large reason for why his ass is still single. I'm so ready for them to join the yacht of the damned with Aleks.

lol omg I just laugh snorted, thank you Hunterhunted!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, rho said:

Honestly, the most shocking part of this episode is that Mr. Skin and his Skintastic Squad were actually super pleasant and gracious this episode.

I, too,  was just shocked by how agreeable he was!

I thought this was an interesting episode. The focus and the  drama with the anchor was so different from what these shows have become. We actually saw a "real" captain and bosun ( lol, my autocorrect turned Bosun into bosom , How appropriate) deal with an emergency and that it took over eight hours to do it. Charter guests were very understanding about it all. Crew worried about tip.  It was a nice change of pace to see some "real" below deck stuff rather than the sexcapades of the crew.

• Love 18
12 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Re: the tangled anchor chains - whose fault is it?  The captain's?  The person on anchor watch?  The bosun?  The engineer?  Cuz that seems like a huuuuge mistake, and someone's responsible.  

Here's my guess - either the captain or the bosun (or both?) should have the experience or know-how to know something like that could happen overnight, and they should have told the night watch/anchor watch person on duty to alert them to it (the wind, the boat turning, whatever it was that caused the problem...)  

i can't imagine this ever happening to Captain Lee!

I have to guess this will become an issue since we were shown numerous shots of no one on watch.  If not, that's some bad editing.

Add me to the list of people who are shocked that Mr. Skin and crew were relatively polite and pleasant people (especially considering the shitbags we've seen in other seasons.)  

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't nearly as impressed and fascinated with Malia as Malia herself is.   If she was on anchor watch, should she have been serving food?  I get that's not her decision but it seemed pretty foolhardy.  

Why didn't Hannah tell Lauren to get her shit together and get to work?  If Bugsy can do it, after learning her grandmother passed away, then Lauren can put on her big girl panties and deal with the fact that Bobby is pissed at her.  So what?  Bobby is pissed at everyone.  Join the club.

Wes is clearly the star (at least so far.)   And I do appreciate that Captain Sandy is actually getting down and dirty, insofar as helping out and not just barking orders. 

Obviously they will get the anchor situation figured out (or we'd have a VERY short season).  It will be interesting to see who was to blame for the mistake, especially since we've never seen this happen before. 

• Love 12

This episode totally changed my opinion of Captain Sandy. She was calm, organized and unflappable. She shut down Bobby's macho bullshit and kept her eye on the ball. She was absolutely right in telling the girl deckhand to go jump in the water. She could have told Booby to do the same. They were worthless. The young kid just wanted to help and was smart enough to keep his mouth shut and do as he was told. It was up to Sandy and the bosun and the real crew to get it fixed.

Great job by the Captain.

Of course heads should roll because of the screwup so lets see what happens.

• Love 8
(edited)

I just spent 10 minutes untangling my earbuds which had gotten mangled in my purse. I *cannot* imagine how to begin to untangle a hugely heavy chain like that!

I hated the manspaining Bobby was doing about "that's dangerous" "you're going to hurt yourself" to the CAPTAIN for God's sake. I had some young fellow-student colleagues at a summer job when I was about 20 and they were doing that when I was checking something in my car's engine (that I was well familiar with). Drove me bonkers.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 8

She  really was quite impressive. Her calm unflappable approach and attention to detail were really important in untangling the anchor chain.

In cleaning the toilets, not so much.

She needs to pick her spots.

But all and all she  is great.

• Love 4

Can someone help me understand how many anchors a boat this size might have? Are they all in the front?  When they re-positioned the ship after it got too close to the rocks, she order both port & starboard anchors because of the winds.  If the boat spun in circles all night then of course the anchor lines would get tangled.  Wouldn't it have made more sense to have anchors both fore & aft so they're less likely to be close to one another?

I seriously thought that Bobby was going to start jacking off to the mr skin website.  I mean, he was drooling all over himself like a 12 year old boy!

• Love 2
(edited)

Why did they pull Malia off of anchor watch to serve food? Shouldn't seasoned chief stews and all the other supervisory types know better? Didn't anyone say "who is watching the ancho?"

I really appreciate Captain Sandy's cool head and unemotional demeanor. Captain Lee would have been yelling his head off, complete with profanity and steam coming out of his ears.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Somebody please just Fuck Bobby so he will CALM DOWN.

Nancypants! That is a cruel thing to say. To suggest another human be subjected to that disgusting trauma. It's not just the physical torture of the act but long lasting psychological damage that they will surely suffer. Down right mean of you!  ;-) 

• Love 11

OK. This whole anchor thing. First of all, I don't know what the Captain meant by "three hour anchor watches". What I think she meant is that there is no one person on anchor watch all night. However, that doesn't make any sense in the context of Malia saying she was up until 03:00. So, I'm as confused as everyone else. Second, Malia absolutely should not have been co-opted by Hannah for dinner service. She should have been on the bridge and Wes should have made sure that happened. Third, Captain Sandy really was impressive with her calm demeanor and level-headed approach. I'm with everyone else hoping that Bobby gets sent home for mouthing off to her like that. That's a stressful situation, everyone's on edge, and everyone's nerves are fraying. So, Bobby, stfu and contribute with a positive attitude geared toward solving the problem! Fourth, I agree that Malia shouldn't have been given a pass to go swimming. This problem belongs to her department to solve and she was at least partly responsible for the creation of this problem. So, even if she was sitting on her ass bored out of her mind, she should have been there. Plus, by being there, she might have learned something. In fairness to the captain giving Malia permission, she probably just wanted Malia out of her hair so she could focus on the task at hand. Thus, I don't blame the captain one bit for getting rid of her.

As for Lauren and her endless weeping, she created the problems from which she's now suffering. Hannah should have made her suck it up and do her job. As others here have said, if Bugsy can keep it together, then Lauren damned well can, too.

No one should have sex with Bobby, let alone show any interest in him, whatsoever. Of course, girls at the bar won't know what kind of a roid rage, violent asshole he really is. So, I suppose if he's willing to go wherever with one of them, he might be able to get some. Personally, he strikes me as the kind of guy who'll do it in the bathroom if he's desperate enough.

And the swimming, at least I can thank Malia for creating a situation that got Hannah in a bikini. That was some quality television! I'm hoping some heads roll next week for this anchor debacle. As far as I'm concerned, if I were the captain, I'd axe Wes, Malia, and Bobby.

• Love 6

Three hour anchor watches are just what they sound. People take turns on the bridge for three hours at a time while the ship is at anchor, looking for potential issues such as drifting or twisting. You know, just the sort of stuff that happened. I agree with the people above that Bobby needs to go. Not only did he talk back to the Captain, but he hasn't really put much effort into training his deck crew. His priority should be working them into a well functioning team...not moaning about what someone may or may not have said. He's an insecure child who is bad at his job. Fire him and replace him with someone competent.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, terrymct said:

Three hour anchor watches are just what they sound. People take turns on the bridge for three hours at a time while the ship is at anchor, looking for potential issues such as drifting or twisting. You know, just the sort of stuff that happened. I agree with the people above that Bobby needs to go. Not only did he talk back to the Captain, but he hasn't really put much effort into training his deck crew. His priority should be working them into a well functioning team...not moaning about what someone may or may not have said. He's an insecure child who is bad at his job. Fire him and replace him with someone competent.

This is what I thought. I was confused by Malia saying she was up until 03:00, though, and the fact that the Captain didn't assign anyone else to be on watch. Also, Bobby is not the boatswain; Wes is. This is fortunate since Bobby doesn't really know what he's doing, either, and it would be a case of the blind leading the blind. That said, everything else you've said about him is correct: he is an insecure child who is bad at his job.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, MrSmith said:

And the swimming, at least I can thank Malia for creating a situation that got Hannah in a bikini. That was some quality television! 

Haven't seen this episode yet but want to ask you MRSMITH, did Hannah look better in a bikini than Rocky from the original BD? Lol. That Rocky had a perfect butt! HOPE I don't see Bob in speedos....ever! Leave that beach look for Wes! I could get used to that! All deckhands in uniform except Wes in swim attire. Lol!

Edited by chenoa333
Spelling

I thought it was interesting to learn its illegal to go into port with out anchors.  I guess I can't believe they don't have back up anchors?  The anchors also seem too small for the boat, which Sandy has referenced before.  I was shocked that they kept the guests on the boat for 6 extra hours before calling for a water taxi.  Holy cow, I'm glad no one was missing connections.  I would've thought a 2 hour delay at the most would be the longest they'd wait before calling for a taxi.  I also can't believe there's not some kind of boat repairman they can call for help with the anchors.  Couldn't they cut one and then have it sodered back together?  They only need to break one really.  I was surprised by Malia asking to go swimming.  I was also shocked we didn't see the First Officer and Engineer helping out.  If its just up to the deck crew to fix it, they are done for.  Its nice to see Sandy keeping a cool head in what has to be a really stressful situation.  I also wondered how they weren't drifting into the rocks with the anchors tangled.

I get that Hannah just wanted to get through service, but letting Lauren do whatever she wanted was ridiculous.  Bugs has just lost her poor grandmother, Lauren brought on Bobby not liking her by playing both sides.  Grow up and get back to your job. Ugh.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Haven't seen this episode yet but want to ask you MRSMITH, did Hannah look better in a bikini than Rocky from the original BD? Lol. That Rocky had a perfect butt! HOPE I don't see Bob in speedos....ever! Leave that beach look for Wes! I could get used to that! All deckhands in uniform except Wes in swim attire. Lol!

Hannah's butt is not quite as nice as Rocky's. That said, it is about what I was expecting her to have based on the rest of her looks and it is very nice, still. I'm sure we'll get to see more of that next episode, thankfully.

• Love 2
On 5/24/2017 at 11:41 AM, Nancypants said:

Somebody please just Fuck Bobby so he will CALM DOWN.

20 hours ago, Giselle said:

Nancypants! That is a cruel thing to say. To suggest another human be subjected to that disgusting trauma. It's not just the physical torture of the act but long lasting psychological damage that they will surely suffer. Down right mean of you!  ;-) 

Yes Giselle, it would be cruel to subject someone to this torture but in all fairness to NANCYPANTS I think Bobby can be "cured" in less than a minute with a semi-inflated blow-up doll.  

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Yes Giselle, it would be cruel to subject someone to this torture but in all fairness to NANCYPANTS I think Bobby can be "cured" in less than a minute with a semi-inflated blow-up doll.  

At this point Hannah needs to sacrifice a pillow, just cut a hole in it and let him have a go at that!

• Love 5

I seem to be the only one with this opinion, but I want Captain Sandy to act a little more hard A when she's giving orders or whatever.  She's trying too hard to be a friend.  Is it because she's a woman that she told the crew (in a soft voice) that they could just call her 'Sandy'?  As a woman myself, I wanted her to be a strong Captain.  You can be fair and firm.  She should have told Bobby exactly where he could take himself and his condescending attitude the minute he ... well I was going to say 'opened his mouth' but since it's always hanging open anyway (and sometimes drooling, bleaaach!) I guess that's a given.  Anyway, I wanted her to tell him he could wait in his cabin and for Malia to BUCK UP and get in place to help.  (as long as she's deck crew)   I understand Sandy is quite an accomplished captain and her attitude may be because camera's are following her around on this trip.

Speaking of Malia..... I don't get what all the guys (and apparently herself) think is such hot stuff there!  That poor chef can't keep the goofy smile off his face every time she appears. I see a cute but very normal looking girl!  But then again, last season I couldn't understand the guys fascination of Emily,either...  I feel mean typing this :( 

And is anyone else under impressed with the new chef's dishes?  They are o.k. but nothing to rave about.  He's cute for sure, but nowhere near the talent of Ben.  So far, I haven't felt like I've had my fair share of food porn this season.  Real porn, yeah, but not food porn.

Lastly, pleeease take Bobby off this show!!!  Please Plain ol' Sandy, please hand Bobby that ticket next week!!  He's such a little girl, our Bobby.  And the shows seem to feature more of him than anyone :(  I don't think an inflatable doll or pillow with hole can keep him from being obnoxious for more than a couple of hours!

• Love 4

As a woman myself, I wanted her to be a strong Captain.  You can be fair and firm.  She should have told Bobby exactly where he could take himself and his condescending attitude the

She kind of did that by calling him a chicken and then told him to get down in the water and help Wes. Do you recall the scene of him bitching in the tender? He was mad because she questioned his manhood.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, stcroix said:

I seem to be the only one with this opinion, but I want Captain Sandy to act a little more hard A when she's giving orders or whatever.  She's trying too hard to be a friend.  Is it because she's a woman that she told the crew (in a soft voice) that they could just call her 'Sandy'?  As a woman myself, I wanted her to be a strong Captain.  You can be fair and firm.  She should have told Bobby exactly where he could take himself and his condescending attitude the minute he ... well I was going to say 'opened his mouth' but since it's always hanging open anyway (and sometimes drooling, bleaaach!) I guess that's a given.  Anyway, I wanted her to tell him he could wait in his cabin and for Malia to BUCK UP and get in place to help.  (as long as she's deck crew)   I understand Sandy is quite an accomplished captain and her attitude may be because camera's are following her around on this trip.

I don't think a woman needs to prove how much she can lift or go around shouting zingers about a foot up the ass to be strong. I think her calm tone and friendly attitude is what got her this far. She doesn't raise her voice often but she chooses her words wisely. She gives orders, not requests. Just because she isn't screaming, doesn't mean she isn't getting her point across. Some crew members have expressed disagreement in their TH but I have yet to see someone act out in defiance. 

Yelling at Bobby about his incompetence wasn't going to get the anchor untangled. She was clear and direct when she told him he was inexperienced and unhelpful. After he failed to help on the deck, she did kick him out and he left without protest. There is no question she is in control of her crew. There are plenty of things about Sandy I don't agree with but I wouldn't hesitate to call her a strong woman.

3 hours ago, Belowdeckchatter said:

She kind of did that by calling him a chicken and then told him to get down in the water and help Wes. Do you recall the scene of him bitching in the tender? He was mad because she questioned his manhood.

Oh man, the only way to make up for him returning this season is a montage of all Sandy's classic Bobby disses. I bet Andy's WWHPL minions can throw that together in no time.

• Love 6

I thought she handled Bobby perfectly. Her one sentence, "You know nothing"...That would cut me to the core to hear that from a supervisor, doubly so from someone I respected. 

I think he was stung by that because when she ordered him to go to the tender, he proceeded to complain there. Bobby's that guy who, after receiving a set down, instead of slinking away with his tail between his legs, or apologize, he'll dig in, bitch even more, and attempt to discount the other person.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Well, that was interesting. She says a whole lot of nothing throughout, really. Let's break it down, shall we? :D

Being a female captain in this industry is challenging and inspiring because I thrive on problem solving.

So, what does thriving on problem-solving have to do with being a female captain? Does that mean that male captains who thrive on problem-solving find the yachting industry to not be challenging or inspiring? We could even get into questions about whether it's challenging and inspiring for female captains because they enjoy overcoming misogyny, gender stereotypes, and sexual harassment. But we won't get into any of that.

Being a woman in the male dominated yachting world is an advantage due to my ability to multi task while managing the emotions of the crew.

So males in the male-dominated yachting industry can't multi-task? And they can't manage the emotions of their crews? Sure, women will have a different approach than men, but that doesn't mean male captains can completely ignore their crews' emotional states.

I choose not to come from a place of power and control and it really, really works.

Being on a power trip never works for anyone who's trying to lead a team.

I like to empower my crew to be the best they can be. I cultivate, educate, and teach my crew to reach their capabilities and have goals without shaming or demeaning them. ... This is where my energy as a woman helps me with leading people. I have worked for bosses before, and a boss sits at a desk or at the helm and tells people what to do -- I prefer to be hands-on, firm, and compassionate. That’s how I navigate my leadership.

This is different from other successful, admired team leaders captains how? And has exactly what to do with being a woman? I've had bosses, team leaders, and captains who did all of this stuff. What's more, they tended to be the ones whose employees/teams/crews worked the hardest for them with the fewest complaints.

Bravotv.com: Tell us the story of how you were chased by pirates? 
SY: Let’s remember pirates are thieves at sea. It takes place in the Red Sea! Not a fun place for one to be drifting. My training kicked in and I wondered if I would make it out of there alive.

Well, that's certainly descriptive, entertaining, and regaling. Thanks for sharing!

Bravotv.com: What’s your management style? 
SY: I lead by showing the crew what I expect not telling them what to do. When I am pushed, I don’t push back, I navigate.

Pretty sure she already said the italicized part. And what does the bold part even mean?

Bravotv.com: Were you surprised that crew questioned your methods at first? 
SY: Yes, when you are an original, people always question at first.

So ... which is it? Was she surprised that the crew questioned her methods, as indicated by the "Yes" portion of her response? Or was she completely expecting it, as indicated by the fact she's clearly used to people questioning her because she's "an original"?

Bravotv.com: What were your first impressions of the crew? 
SY: Oh boy, I didn’t know them and I have less than 24 hours before our first charter of the season arrives? Time to go to work!

I don't know about you, but I did not come away from that last question with any knowledge of her first impressions of the crew. Once again, thanks for sharing!

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the link was shared. I just can't help but snark about how little information she actually shared in that interview. I think if you look up "puff piece" in the dictionary, it's definition will simply read "See also: Sandy Yawn's Bravotv.com interview from 2 May 2017".

• Love 5
On 5/24/2017 at 11:16 PM, Giselle said:

Someone needs to Take one for the Team!

7 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Well, that was interesting. She says a whole lot of nothing throughout, really. Let's break it down, shall we? :D

So, what does thriving on problem-solving have to do with being a female captain? Does that mean that male captains who thrive on problem-solving find the yachting industry to not be challenging or inspiring? We could even get into questions about whether it's challenging and inspiring for female captains because they enjoy overcoming misogyny, gender stereotypes, and sexual harassment. But we won't get into any of that.

So males in the male-dominated yachting industry can't multi-task? And they can't manage the emotions of their crews? Sure, women will have a different approach than men, but that doesn't mean male captains can completely ignore their crews' emotional states.

Being on a power trip never works for anyone who's trying to lead a team.

This is different from other successful, admired team leaders captains how? And has exactly what to do with being a woman? I've had bosses, team leaders, and captains who did all of this stuff. What's more, they tended to be the ones whose employees/teams/crews worked the hardest for them with the fewest complaints.

Well, that's certainly descriptive, entertaining, and regaling. Thanks for sharing!

Pretty sure she already said the italicized part. And what does the bold part even mean?

So ... which is it? Was she surprised that the crew questioned her methods, as indicated by the "Yes" portion of her response? Or was she completely expecting it, as indicated by the fact she's clearly used to people questioning her because she's "an original"?

I don't know about you, but I did not come away from that last question with any knowledge of her first impressions of the crew. Once again, thanks for sharing!

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the link was shared. I just can't help but snark about how little information she actually shared in that interview. I think if you look up "puff piece" in the dictionary, it's definition will simply read "See also: Sandy Yawn's Bravotv.com interview from 2 May 2017".

Agree. There wasn't anything enlightening about the interview. She said 90% of that already on camera. What she said about her skills can apply to 90 % of other successful captains.

She was on my WTF radar when she had to slowly tell the crew "I have a reputation in the industry as a very successful, professional  (emphasizing professional)charter captain". She's likes using her empowerment words. (rolling my eyes) Still why did she feel the need to even say it? That's the question I have. Just say "I've been a captain for 27 years." leave it at that and then show me how you run a boat. I can figure out if you've got the goods.

What the fuck is so "original" about her there have been women who have run vessels long, long before she did. I'm more impressed with this woman captain. I don't think she had to tell anyone she was successful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Shchetinina

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Nancypants said:

Whatever. Captain Sandy is awesome.

I'm not saying she isn't. I'm just saying that interview was completely pointless and absolutely devoid of any information. 

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Giselle said:

Whatever.

I haven't seen enough of Capt. Sandy (still haven't caught up on all the episodes)to decide if I like her or not. So far, my impression of how she presents herself has a lot to do with her being on camera AND the first female captain featured on this show. I think she's a ship captain and an actor. I don't care what gender the captain might be and I think she plays up the fact that she is a female captain. Just shut up, do your job and quit reminding us you aren't a male. It's bad enough we have to deal with Bobby who thinks he's a man but constantly behaves like a child!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2
On 05/24/2017 at 4:40 PM, dleighg said:

I just spent 10 minutes untangling my earbuds which had gotten mangled in my purse. I *cannot* imagine how to begin to untangle a hugely heavy chain like that!

I hated the manspaining Bobby was doing about "that's dangerous" "you're going to hurt yourself" to the CAPTAIN for God's sake. I had some young fellow-student colleagues at a summer job when I was about 20 and they were doing that when I was checking something in my car's engine (that I was well familiar with). Drove me bonkers.

I used to work retail in high school, college, and beyond for about 15 years. One of the most frustrating things I ever had to do was help detangle a handful of necklaces that somehow became a series of massive knots. This certainly wasn't the best jewelry around, but it was too much to just give up and mark them as damaged and destroy. It took like a week with a bunch of us working on them between customers, sometimes with another employee or by myself. We were using tweezers and safety pins to pick apart the chains. When we finally got them all free from the knot, you would have thought we had invented something amazing and not just separated low quality "fine" jewelry (think Walmart or Target, but the locked cases). The boat anchor would be the same concept, but where we risked poking ourselves with the pins, they could have seriously injured themselves, I kept waiting for someone to crush a finger or hand.

Bobby is such a jackass, I can't fathom how any of them put up with him. The actual boat crew guys who aren't a part of the Bravo show must be ready to scream or toss him overboard with his every move. None of them really know what they are doing, but he's the worst.

• Love 4