Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E25: Scorp Family Robinson

I haven't watched this show since the beginning of last season, but happened to turn the television on at the beginning and was intrigued by Sylvester's narrative.  I thought this episode was pretty entertaining, and much better than my memories of the annoying show I stopped watching more than a year ago.  

• Love 2

Why wasn't the "S" flame green with all that copper in it?

Hoping Scotty will return for some visits. I like him better than some of the regulars.

• Love 5

Everyone going nuts was funny. Especially Sylvester.

Glad Ralph got knocked down some pegs. He thinks he's so smart.

I wish there was more of a cliff, left them on the island. I can do without all the Walter/Paige so ending on their romance I disliked.

• Love 3

In the spirit of ScifiDebris where all shows are scored relative to their series I give that a ten out of ten for maximum Scorpioness. It was actually terrible by many measures but in terms of this show it was great. I laughed, I awwed when everybody got rescued and I shook my head at the ridiculous "science". It was fun and the characters were cute that really all I ask of this show so I'm pleased.

Also Scotty can come back anytime I'm sure the team could use a pilot.

• Love 6

I loved Happy's music video. When she first said she recorded a single I thought that was really out of her character. But I love that she knew it was stupid but did it for the money. This show may be silly, but it's fun. I love that it doesn't take itself seriously 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Driad said:

Hoping Scotty will return for some visits. I like him better than some of the regulars.

12 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

Also Scotty can come back anytime I'm sure the team could use a pilot.

Yes! He can be their sane version of Murdock. 

1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I loved Happy's music video. When she first said she recorded a single I thought that was really out of her character. But I love that she knew it was stupid but did it for the money. This show may be silly, but it's fun. I love that it doesn't take itself seriously 

I love that everyone on the show seems to be aware they aren't doing some gritty sci-fi drama and that they understand it's pure action-adventure grab the popcorn fun. 

• Love 5

I loved the flat-out homage (rip-off?) of Lost.  One set of castaways stays on the beach, the other set--led by the stick-up-his-ass smart guy--decamps to a mysterious cave in the jungle, and one enigmatic guy holes up in a bunker with a strange radio and a chameleon.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I loved the flat-out homage (rip-off?) of Lost.  One set of castaways stays on the beach, the other set--led by the stick-up-his-ass smart guy--decamps to a mysterious cave in the jungle, and one enigmatic guy holes up in a bunker with a strange radio and a chameleon.

Except Jack wasn't a "stick-up-the-ass smart guy".  He was a stressed out doctor who just lost his father, and was involved in a far worse situation.

Thank goodness they finally got Paige and Walter together. I could not deal with any more "Walter acts like an asshole because of his feelings for Paige. But wait, Paige acts like an asshole because of HER feelings for Walter!" rinse and repeat ad nauseam until we're all ad nauseated. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

When she first said she recorded a single I thought that was really out of her character. But I love that she knew it was stupid but did it for the money.

And she did it true to form, figuring out a formula that she knew would work.

16 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

one enigmatic guy holes up in a bunker with a strange radio and a chameleon.

I was SOOO hoping to see Mitch(that was the chameleon's name I think?) back at the garage with Sly at the and.

• Love 3

Re Lost, when they crash landed I was afraid they would find the pilot dead in a tree. Glad he survived.

The episode titles are more creative than the plots.

• Love 4
(edited)

OK...I know Katharine McPhee is "attractive" in the generic sense of the word, but either she has had some injections or makeup didn't do its job, she was very shiny this episode.  And...sigh...the "breathless" method of acting to try to elicit chemistry is just annoying.  And on a shallow note...the braless look is not that great on her.

And none of the geniuses thought that maybe they should try to get to the highest elevated point and keep a fire lit on the top?  Maybe get some shiny metal objects to help reflect the glare of the fire even more?  Or when the first ship passed by and they were looking at the sun, maybe hold up a shiny piece of metal to reflect sun light to attract the ship instead of relying on a single flare during daytime?  And seriously, you have a freaking genius engineer, none of them could figure out how to build a sea-worthy outrigger, something Polynesians did without issue many many years ago?

Edited by HawaiiTVGuy
  • Love 1
On May 16, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Brian Cronin said:

Thank goodness they finally got Paige and Walter together. I could not deal with any more "Walter acts like an asshole because of his feelings for Paige. But wait, Paige acts like an asshole because of HER feelings for Walter!" rinse and repeat ad nauseam until we're all ad nauseated. 

Eh, my opinion? Too much, too late.

• Love 1

And none of the geniuses thought that maybe they should try to get to the highest elevated point and keep a fire lit on the top?  Maybe get some shiny metal objects to help reflect the glare of the fire even more?  Or when the first ship passed by and they were looking at the sun, maybe hold up a shiny piece of metal to reflect sun light to attract the ship instead of relying on a single flare during daytime?  And seriously, you have a freaking genius engineer, none of them could figure out how to build a sea-worthy outrigger, something Polynesians did without issue many many years ago?

Thank you. I also had a problem with the SOS, If you have white sand use a contrasting color for higher visibility, i.e Green palm leaves or dark seaweed, NOT white plastic or chrome parts. Also, Cabe was using a mirror to shave use THAT as a signaling device, Lastly, have three fires equally space and add rubber, planes landing gear or wire insulation, to create black smoke so to be seen from a distance. This is all basic survival they way over complicated  it. IMHO

• Love 2

I liked the episode.  Every single other show I watch feels the need to end a season on a cliffhanger, so I am actually happy that Scorpion always ends their seasons with an actual, oh I don't know, Ending!  It feels satisfying for some reason, heh.

I am Portuguese, so I especially appreciated the little motherland shout out plus the accompanying music video.

I also have to say that I also enjoy this show still having a normal length season.  Most newer shows now are only about 12 episodes a season, which always feels too short and then when they go off the air they are on hiatus for like a year.  I like that Scorpion maintains a high episode count season.

• Love 3

Best episode this season- it flew by and kept me intrigued. Despite all the crazy storylines, I stay with this show because of the interaction between Scorpion. And finally Walter and Paige get to be normal together- I hope they stay together and there isn't anymore stupid drama. But of course because it's these writers, there will be stupid drama.

That was *terrible* by objective standards, but it was Scorpion at its full Scorpion-est

They better have that pilot be a recurring character, because he was great.

On 5/17/2017 at 4:30 PM, HawaiiTVGuy said:

OK...I know Katharine McPhee is "attractive" in the generic sense of the word, but either she has had some injections or makeup didn't do its job, she was very shiny this episode.  And...sigh...the "breathless" method of acting to try to elicit chemistry is just annoying.  And on a shallow note...the braless look is not that great on her.

Yeah her "sexy" outfit didn't do it for me. Should've kept the bra on.

On 5/20/2017 at 11:46 AM, Skyfall said:

On 5/20/2017 at 11:46 AM, Skyfall said:

Well, this is a case of opinions that may vary...BY A LOT!!!

I used a screen grab of that sexy outfit as my new wallpaper...

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:46 PM, Skyfall said:

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:04 PM, UncleChuck said:

Well, this is a case of opinions that may vary...BY A LOT!

I'm with UncleChuck on that. Couldn't help wondering why she sent Walter to get the bottle of wine unless it was just to avoid going "Go upstairs and wait approximately two minutes while I take off most of my clothes" - didn't look like the wine was going to get drunk any time soon so it would probably going to be warm and slightly vinegary by the time it got drunk. And it was good wine!

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, HawaiiTVGuy said:

And none of the geniuses thought that maybe they should try to get to the highest elevated point and keep a fire lit on the top?

Well it would fit with many "genius" types I know - go for the technically elegant but overly complex scheme when a simpler one would do as well (if not better). Case in point was a computer geek who was trying to devise a program that could generate a "Secret Santa" set of names subject to certain conditions. I pointed out, "Or you could get a non involved person to just pull the name out of a hat and redraw if they failed to meet the conditions" (which was what ultimately they did).

9 hours ago, John Potts said:

Couldn't help wondering why she sent Walter to get the bottle of wine

Maybe she wanted to start with the wine and then changed her mind.