Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Edited to add:  Yep.  The quake was small, but it is definitely located much closer to where I live than to the BB house.  Hence, the reason it felt pretty sizable where I am.

Montana and California on fire, Florida, the islands, Texas and parts of Louisiana and the Carolinas under water, and we can't get a small earthquake to cause a sinkhole in the yard of the Big Brother house at just the right moment? Life is so unfair.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Edited to add:  Yep.  The quake was small, but it is definitely located much closer to where I live than to the BB house.  Hence, the reason it felt pretty sizable where I am.

Many years ago, sitting on the bed after just checking into a hotel in San Diego, suddenly it started shaking.  It kept going, but didn't get any stronger.  All sorts of crazy stuff starts running through my head so I called the desk and they politely informed me the room was over the laundry room and it was just the spin cycle.

They were so kind not to laugh at the idiots from NJ.  I totally understand Florida Josh flipping out.

I felt the one here in 2011 that cracked the Washington Monument.  Very freaky.

Looks like it was a 3.6, about 3 miles NW of Westwood, CA

• Love 6

After going through the Sylmar and the Northridge quake I was delighted to move to Florida . Hurricanes you see coming. One day I was sitting on my bed, in Florida and I had "that" feeling and I'm thinking "Earthquake??? in Florida???" Sure enough there was a little 3 pointer out in the Gulf of Mexico. Dayum!!!

So I can completely understand Josh being unnerved .

• Love 3
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Sink hole in BB yard?  

Sinkholes happen when the ground collapses into pockets of air, usually when a fault line or depression forms over time from water. During major natural disasters like the hurricanes, tornados, or even frakking, there are reports of sinkholes sucking homes and cars into them. They don't need a natural disaster for the final push, but since there was an earthquake and they went outside, it was the perfect time for one. I know that it is on a soundstage and not a real yard, but it's all I have in this crap season since wishes someone would evict Paul never happened.

Earthquakes don't bother me. I went through the Loma Prieta earthquake. (aka the World Series Quake) The damage from that quake and Northridge was massive but those are rare big quakes. A 3.8 feels totally different and is not that big a deal. I have also felt quakes in Michigan and Virginia. People tend to be confused and a bit freaked out but there is little to no damage and they get over it quickly. So I get Paul's reaction, it is not a big deal but you find a safe place, ie some place were stuff can't fall on you, and you wait until someone tells you it is safe. I also get Josh's reaction because your first quake, no matter how small, can be a bit freaky.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

If Dr. Will isn't hosting the Roundtable like ED said (even though I don't take much stock of what he says). My friend mentioned mayeb Boogie did it? He's someone that has not only Won but has been a Jury member. 

Ew. EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I figured Paul was behind the Megan situation so it's nice to have confirmation. I hope Josh mentions the Alex/Kevin thing in his F2 speech.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

Paul is planning to come clean in his speech but I doubt he will include all of his mean tactics.  He would have to say he made up things about Kevin to get Alex to hate him and you don't win either of their votes that way!  He will just brag about how he was the mastermind behind everything. 

2 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Per Joker's, Bring Your Kid to Work Day has told them that she's fine with coming in third.  I hope Josh decides to take her anyways.

I think she is convinced that she will get AFP for one thing.  And she did say that she doesn't want to win having been carried there.   She is an athlete and wants to win on her own merit.  If she is asked back, comp beasts usually go early in a normal season.  I get the impression she thinks she can come back and win her way there.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Paul is planning to come clean in his speech but I doubt he will include all of his mean tactics.  He would have to say he made up things about Kevin to get Alex to hate him and you don't win either of their votes that way!  He will just brag about how he was the mastermind behind everything. 

I think she is convinced that she will get AFP for one thing.  And she did say that she doesn't want to win having been carried there.   She is an athlete and wants to win on her own merit.  If she is asked back, comp beasts usually go early in a normal season.  I get the impression she thinks she can come back and win her way there.  

She'll be really shocked when Cody likely gets AFP

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

She'll be really shocked when Cody likely gets AFP

I get the feeling that Kevin might get it.

For me, I really need Cody to get it because everyone's looks, especially Cody's, would be completely surprised and pissed. Plus, if Paul is cut by Josh, that would be the biggest Fuck You, Paul moment. Cody beating Paul right to the very end, as Cody would have more money than Paul. And then Paisley running on stage would be the cherry on top (I will never give up on my dream!).

Kevin winning AFP would piss off Alex and probably surprise some other people. But I'm actually fine with Kevin winning it. I may not like the guy as much as others and I hate that he's a Paul minion, but he does seem nicer than most of them, even with his several mistakes and his shady strategy with Ramses at the beginning of the season...and it beats anyone else winning it. Plus, Kevin also had to endure the brunt of the bullying. It would also be hilarious to see Kevin win more than the 2nd place finalist (whether that's Paul, Josh, or Christmas). 

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ew. EWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Exactly! That guy is gross. 

As for AFP, I've been putting my votes to Cody. I think and hope he's got this from the polls I've seen. My concern is Alex; I do not want to see her in top 3! Thinking of throwing some votes elsewhere to mitigate. Mark? Even Jason? Who's best?

• Love 4

With the 'only paid subscribers' votes counted, Cody has more of a chance.  I think the casual viewer will vote for Kevin.  Cody is getting all of my votes. 

3 minutes ago, diana said:

As for AFP, I've been putting my votes to Cody. I think and hope he's got this from the polls I've seen. My concern is Alex; I do not want to see her in top 3! Thinking of throwing some votes elsewhere to mitigate. Mark? Even Jason? Who's best?

I don't see Alex as a contender.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

It's a concern from a casual viewer since her edit has been annoyingly good. Also I'm still confused about what votes count, but if it truly is all access only, I agree. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

With the 'only paid subscribers' votes counted, Cody has more of a chance.  I think the casual viewer will vote for Kevin.  Cody is getting all of my votes. 

Apparently, this may not even be true. Some people are reporting that they fixed the infinite votes with the regular CBS accounts...though I don't know how true it is. It's still a little confusing, especially with the e-mails/phone calls to CBS saying otherwise. 

8 minutes ago, wings707 said:

And if my above statement is true and that they fixed the voting system, Alex and Jason are definitely in the running for AFP. One of them may very well beat Mark out for the third spot. 

11 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Apparently, this may not even be true. Some people are reporting that they fixed the infinite votes with the regular CBS accounts...though I don't know how true it is. It's still a little confusing, especially with the e-mails/phone calls to CBS saying otherwise. 

And if my above statement is true and that they fixed the voting system, Alex and Jason are definitely in the running for AFP. One of them may very well beat Mark out for the third spot. 

As I understand it.  The infinite voting was a glitch they fixed and unrelated to the rule of Paid Subscribers only counted.  Paid subscribers could only vote 20 times and those were counted.  Those who could vote endlessly were not counted.  

If one of those two have to be in the top 3 then I hope it is Jason.  That will irritate Alex which good.  What a horrid girl.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I haven't been able to watch anything related to this show during the past week. Much longer if you count ... oh ... who really cares? This show is just so darn awful!

Anyway, I have been perusing some lesser known black & white films during this time and I found one that I thought some of you may enjoy.  It's called, "It Grows on Trees (1952),"

It's not directly related to BB. It's about a family who discovers a way to make two trees in their back yard grow money  (in the form of $5 bills and $10 bills).

It's not all that great of a film.  But it reminded me of this show because the people in the house didn't have to do anything to get the money. It would just blow into their house and into their pockets.  It wasn't necessarily a whole lot of money but the whole world started laughing at their lifestyle.  Of course, they all get what they deserve at the end - lots and lots of taxes!

So, I thought you might enjoy it.

Edited by MissBluxom

Bastille Day to Josh: If you win tomorrow, I want you to take who you think you can beat.  Josh: I honestly have no idea what I want to do.

This was just before midnight last night, so it seems she is not insisting the boys take each other.  Josh would win against her by virtue of evicting Paul.  He thought about this but is not confident due to Paul harping she will win.   DR, your turn to step in! 

All Josh would have to say for his final speech:  It took all summer but I finally got Paul out.  I didn't have the votes before now to do this.  7/2 win.  sigh 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

FWIW, I have one paid account and 3 non-paying ones I signed up with different emails/user names.

All of them behave the same.  It says thank you for voting and shuts off at 20.

The only difference is the little box in the top right.  

The paid one says "Go Commercial Free".  The others say "Try CBS All Access"

I've been hitting them all.  What the hell.

As long as National Cheeseburger Day loses.

ETA:  They might not count them, but CBS knows the real tally.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 5

I haven't watched the feeds since Thursday I think.... but yesterday at 2 different times I turned them on and each time they were talking a little and then fell asleep. so lame!

it's a little odd to have a final 3 that actually enjoy each other. 

48 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I haven't watched the feeds since Thursday I think.... but yesterday at 2 different times I turned them on and each time they were talking a little and then fell asleep. so lame!

it's a little odd to have a final 3 that actually enjoy each other. 

They enjoy each other in the same way that 3 cannibals actually enjoy each other.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 9

Every season some HGs plan getting together after the show in different ways, some very elaborate.   This group even talked about Europe!  There immediate plans are to do some things in So Cal for a few weeks, staying at Paul's house.  HA!  No one from this group will ever get together!  Exception of Jess and Cody, of course.  

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Every season some HGs plan getting together after the show in different ways, some very elaborate.   This group even talked about Europe!  There immediate plans are to do some things in So Cal for a few weeks, staying at Paul's house.  HA!  No one from this group will ever get together!  Exception of Jess and Cody, of course.  

i always wonder year to year if anything ever happens.  I feel like James' anti-bullying group gets more reality people back together than anything lol 

About 8:15am Josh starts his APSR talk. Going over his feelings ,his game, his fellow HG. Its a pretty long extemporaneous talk and I found it interesting and just reenforces why I liked him so much in this game. Many of you will think BLAH BLAH BLAH more of the same but if you like Josh, its a nice chat.
When he finishes he goes to clean the kitchen.

2 minutes ago, missyb said:

About 8:15am Josh starts his APSR talk. Going over his feelings ,his game, his fellow HG. Its a pretty long extemporaneous talk and I found it interesting and just reenforces why I liked him so much in this game. Many of you will think BLAH BLAH BLAH more of the same but if you like Josh, its a nice chat.

Only 3 of them there and the dishes are piled up and kitchen a bit bombed.  No need to clean anything they are out of there tomorrow.  I thought they were asked to clean the day before the finale.  

6 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Only 3 of them there and the dishes are piled up and kitchen a bit bombed.  No need to clean anything they are out of there tomorrow.  I thought they were asked to clean the day before the finale.  

Today *is* the day before the Finale.  :)

14 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Today *is* the day before the Finale.  :)

Oh yes, I am very aware!  It took 18 months to get here.  I have hatch marks on my cell wall.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Oh yes, I am very aware!  It took us 18 months to arrive here.  I have hatch marks on my cell wall.  

Now, let's not exaggerate - it's only been 11 months 28 days, and one more to go.  :>

ETA: now, if I could only remember why we were being punished in the first place....

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I think that Paul either wasn't born yet (the quake was in January of '94),

I thought the earthquake was on Presidents day in February 1994.  I know it was a day off work (which was a good thing, considering the mess the San Fernando Valley was in).  It was scary, but to me, only because it happened at like 4am, it immediately took out the power so all the street lights went dark and it became pitch black and I couldn't see anything.  Course, my glasses flew across the room and I had to get on my hands and knees to find them anyway.  I did remember when I was in college and my roomies from out of state experienced a much smaller earthquake in 1987, they were pretty scared and that one was really nothing to me.  so I get Josh being pretty  freaked out by it, and Paul going 'eh'.  

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Awww.  They are eating breakfast and Josh said you are the friends I always wanted to have.  Maybe this experience will help him seek better relationships in life.  

Josh, those are the friends you deserve.  And I hope you all are stuck with each other forever.

29 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

I thought the earthquake was on Presidents day in February 1994.  

It was on MLK day.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, missyb said:

So did he say who he plans to take if he has the decision??

3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

As long as National Cheeseburger Day loses.

I just found out that was yesterday! And by crazy coincidence, I had In-N-Out for lunch yesterday. Best thing to happen to me this entire godforsaken season. Okay, not literally, but: low bar.

Oh yes, I am very aware!  It took 18 months to get here.  I have hatch marks on my cell wall.  

My BB cell wall has claw marks.

• Love 8

Twitter.  Will said he was announcing an all new category.  Least favorite HG!  Love it.  I voted for Alex but it could have easily have been Paul, Matt or Raven.   I was torn so I went with the meanest HG.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Hanahope said:

I thought the earthquake was on Presidents day in February 1994.  I know it was a day off work (which was a good thing, considering the mess the San Fernando Valley was in).  It was scary, but to me, only because it happened at like 4am, it immediately took out the power so all the street lights went dark and it became pitch black and I couldn't see anything.  Course, my glasses flew across the room and I had to get on my hands and knees to find them anyway.  I did remember when I was in college and my roomies from out of state experienced a much smaller earthquake in 1987, they were pretty scared and that one was really nothing to me.  so I get Josh being pretty  freaked out by it, and Paul going 'eh'.  

It was only scary to you because it happened at that hour and knocked out power?  Did you not feel the aggressive shaking first?   Where I was, it felt like someone was shaking my house like a snowglobe and then bouncing it up and down a couple of times.

Northridge was on January 17, 1994.  I remember the date like it was yesterday.   The whole experience was very traumatic, and that memory will never leave me.   The shaking was very violent (and I am 20 miles from Northridge).  Things flew all around; prized collectibles broke; there was stuff all over the floor; power was out for a couple of days where I was;  all of the neighbors ran out to their cars half-dressed and escaped while holding candles.   It would have been frightening for me even if it happened at 2 p.m., but the early morning hour just made everyone feel even more caught off guard.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

Production obviously has buyer's remorse and has had for some time.  Probably over a month by now.  They really REALLY don't want Paul to win either.  The best ending they could hope for is Josh evicting Paul and making the finale a big time office cooler/entertainment show highlights bump for them. 

But what can they do to help Josh realize that if (not likely) he wins HOH he should evict Paul?  I mean he should REALLY REALLY evict Paul!  Can the diary room interviewer drop hints broad enough to get through even Josh's skull?

(OT: Central Mexico had a real earthquake today.  7.1 on the scale.  Second big one in last month for Mexico).

Edited by green
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

It was only scary to you because it happened at that hour and knocked out power?  Did you not feel the aggressive shaking first?   Where I was, it felt like someone was shaking my house like a snowglobe and then bouncing it up and down a couple of times.

We must have been on the "right side" of the quake because despite being only a few miles from the Northridge Mall, it didn't seem so bad at first, felt more rolling than hard shaking.  It really wasn't until daylight and we could see the damage around the area that it became clear how big it was.  We lost some glasses from a cupboard and some glass food jars and a couple bottles of wine from the pantry, but most kitchen stuff was fine.  My china was in these protective containers in the bottom cupboards and didn't move.  My fragile collectables were in an enclosed display case that was on wheels, so it just rolled along the hardwood floor (same with the TV - it was on a wheeled table).   I guess my bookcases were in the "right direction" and didn't move either. Our brick wall in our backyard did come down in spots and had to be rebuilt.  Fortunately, my dog was inside at the time, so wasn't scared off out of the yard (we just had to keep him out of the kitchen till we cleaned up).  I was glad we didn't have a chimney (they were down on houses all over the neighborhood).

I was glad we had a gas stove, because I could just light a match to cook up the food from the fridge before it went bad (as we too were without power for a couple days)

• Love 2

There no chance Josh will take Christmas.   Paul wins.  The one thing to anticipate with a little hope, is the AFP winner and top 3.  My guess is Cody, Kevin, Jason.  

I just want to go on record as saying that I will be absolutely stunned if the producers let Jason get anywhere near the AFP top 3. His rape jokes made TMZ twice & a national newspaper once - IMHO, they don't want AFP to be someone who jokes about rape, & gets called out nationally for it. I think Friday night's show was the producers way of telling America, "psssst, vote for Cody, Mark & Kevin for AFP!" I may be wrong, but I will be absolutely stunned if Jason is in the top 3. I still think Cody wins in a landslide; that jury house clip on Thursday sealed it for him. "I wasn't." #Dead

In sadder news, the fact that Jason jokes about rape, & could still legit be a contender for AFP, says everything that needs to be said about the wretched contestants this season.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, green said:

Production obviously has buyer's remorse and has had for some time.  Probably over a month by now.  They really REALLY don't want Paul to win either.  The best ending they could hope for is Josh evicting Paul and making the finale a big time office cooler/entertainment show highlights bump for them. 

But what can they do to help Josh realize that if (not likely) he wins HOH he should evict Paul?  I mean he should REALLY REALLY evict Paul!  Can the diary room interviewer drop hints broad enough to get through even Josh's skull?

(OT: Central Mexico had a real earthquake today.  7.1 on the scale.  Second big one in last month for Mexico).

Yep, I have been singing this song for awhile now.  They can and do hint at things in the DR.  Weeks ago they planted seeds in Josh and Gluten Free Month's heads about not trusting Paul.   And I think they have asked Josh some pointed questions to get him thinking as recently as today.  He seems very down right now and keeps asking Dance Like No One is Watching Day, what she is thinking. 

He is more concerned about his friendship with Paul if he doesn't take him than winning.  

He should be very happy right now knowing he has at least 50k coming to him but I see no glee. 

I hope he listened very closely in the DR today.  Production would love a Josh win to redeem this season a little.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Per Joker's, Bring Your Kid to Work Day has told them that she's fine with coming in third.

7 hours ago, wings707 said:

And [ did say that she doesn't want to win having been carried there.   She is an athlete and wants to win on her own merit.  If she is asked back, comp beasts usually go early in a normal season.  I get the impression she thinks she can come back and win her way there.  

National Butterscotch Pudding Day should've fucking left when she broke her foot. 

This has me rolling:

6139734913da933e_jury_cody.jpg

The rest of the jury's art is here. I would buy Elena's 'just give up' one in a heartbeat. Well, if it was like $5.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

Poor Xmas. She will go to her house staring at her phone and waiting for Paul to call her and it will never happen. Your heart will remain broken dear Xmas. I just hope you get over it and him relatively soon.

I truly worry for Raven. I consider her a victim of her mother psychosis. People will be cruel with her and I don't see her handling it at all. I hope her family supports her.

As for Paul, he deserves to win hands down. And he will. I hope he uses this experience to become a better person.

• Love 3

Well I started voting for AMP but then read that my votes don't count because I am not a member.  Now that made me mad.  I would have been voting all week and none of them count.

I was voting for Kevin.  I think he stayed and played all those misfits for almost three months.  Cody was only in and out.  Cody is young and handsome but if we would have had longer with him I'm sure we would have grown to hate him too.

Kevin bit his tongue, played a great social game and lasted a long time due to those attributes.  So even thought my votes would not count I'm hoping to see Kevin for the win of AFP.

1 minute ago, himela said:

Poor Xmas. She will go to her house staring at her phone and waiting for Paul to call her and it will never happen. Your heart will remain broken dear Xmas. I just hope you get over it and him relatively soon.

I truly worry for Raven. I consider her a victim of her mother psychosis. People will be cruel with her and I don't see her handling it at all. I hope her family supports her.

As for Paul, he deserves to win hands down. And he will. I hope he uses this experience to become a better person.

You know what Raven will be getting her just desserts.  I still remember her big, huge hillybilly mouth sprewing all kinds of cussing and nasties to a couple of the house guests.   Doing the nasty on National TV and always peeking to make sure the camera was catching everything.  Eeeeew.   So what goes around comes around.  Her momma taught her well.  It is what it is in BB world!

• Love 4