Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, wings707 said:

Paul's "you played yourself" has become a verbal tic. 

Paul to Josh:  You put peanut butter in here, looking in his ice cream dish? 

Josh: Yes

Paul: You played yourself. 

Jesus

Along with the newest verbal tic, "gassed". That is sooo irritating. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I think I completely missed it -- what is Jeff's new job?

Dr. Will should be fun!

Talk show. Kind of like the view, the talk type of thing.  It sure is its actually on tv or some online thing. 

Will be interesting to see Will do these interviews. Did his plastic surgery business cash and burn or what tho!?! If he's been watching the season these interviews could be very very good. 

Edited by gunderda

The only way Paul loses is that, by some miracle, he doesn't make the final two.  

Up thread someone posted about the houseguests missing their shot to evict him.  JMO, but unless they had the votes set up before the nomination,  voting out Paul would never happen.  In fact, nominating Paul would just make you the target next week.  

If Josh wins the final HOH and cuts Paul, that will be the only feasible opportunity to evict Paul.  Sad but true. 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, wings707 said:

This is excellent news.  Is Will going to be in the BY or just on FB?  

No Jeff is the best news this show has seen.  For some reason they thought he was loved by many.   

Jeff actually was very popular with fans who only watched the broadcast show. Most of his bad moments were edited out.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Those questions last night while good, were not the ones I was hoping for.

Oh I'm sure they went through them and tossed hundreds to come up with those few NICE ones!

6 hours ago, wings707 said:

She told Paul that she had broken up with her fiance just before entering the house.   He told Josh that is why she needs to cuddle and he understands.  He also said he hopes his GF understands this.  He referred to her as a diamond waiting for him when out in another conversation. 

Interesting about the girlfriend because on BBAD last evening one of the questions from POP was to Paul "Who will your first call be to when you get out?".  He replied his grandmother.  Hummm

On 9/17/2017 at 10:24 AM, Hello Lady said:

Hamsterwatch reports its a very bitter jury, with only Maven voting for Paul! 

I just wish there was some way the fanbase could riot. I'm pretty sure that sending email or written letters to CBS would just be a waste of time. If anyone there even reads them, it would likely be some young person who might return some boilerplate form letter telling the sender just how much CBS appreciates their patronage and all the more Bullshit. Yak, Yak, Yak. Whadda waste of time!

How else could we send a msg to CBS to tell them to just go *BLEEP* themselves? Aside from stopping watching this shit fest?

7 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

So if Dr. Will is doing the interviews in the Backyard, does that mean someone else is doing the roundtable? Or is he doing both? 

Both as far as I know. 

ETA.  ED said, on twitter that Will was not doing the round table.  For what that is worth.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

But yeah, Paul most likely wins. The above paragraph isn't what I think will happen, but what I think could happen if these people had brains of their own.

I agree. For all that I've banged on about the prospect of a Josh win, I'm not really that optimistic about it happening. Grodner can upsell the mother of all bitter juries nonstop for the next 48 hours, but five keys with Josh's name on them still seems like a tall order with a cast this stupid, who are undoubtedly looking to save face by whatever means they happen to think is best.

...but if Paul were to lose in part because people don't want to vote with Maven, I will laugh for days.

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

I agree. For all that I've banged on about the prospect of a Josh win, I'm not really that optimistic about it happening. Grodner can upsell the mother of all bitter juries nonstop for the next 48 hours, but five keys with Josh's name on them still seems like a tall order with a cast this stupid, who are undoubtedly looking to save face by whatever means they happen to think is best.

...but if Paul were to lose in part because people don't want to vote with Maven, I will laugh for days.

I agree and have some guarded hope that maybe.   Just maybe.  Very remote. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, kikaha said:

He didn't say that is true of every woman in the world.  He didn't say it was true of the majority of women or a hundred or even two.  He said it about one specific woman, who he knows probably a thousand times better than anyone on this board does. 

I have no clue if he's right about Xmas.  But to make the jump from one woman to all women does not reflect what he said, and is a vast betrayal of logic. 

Based on some of the other stuff Paul has said/done, it's really not much of a leap. The boy has serious women issues.

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Speaking of, Jeff is being replaced by Dr. Will for backyard interviews.

Fuck, I'd rather watch Jeff.

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

ED said, on twitter that Will was not doing the round table.  For what that is worth.  

Watch it be Derrick. No thanks. Although he does hate Paul so maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

By the way, I got another reply from CBS about this issue with AFP voting. 

My email: "Are you just not counting the votes that non-subscribers are submitting? Why even allow them to vote if they're not eligible?"
Their response: "Thank you for contacting CBS All Access. In order to vote for America's Favorite player you must have a paid subscription with CBS All Access."

They're really skirting around the issue. Honestly, it's pissing me off. I mean we always say the votes are rigged, but we're usually half joking, but the way they're handling this whole thing really makes it seem like they're shady as hell.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Based on some of the other stuff Paul has said/done, it's really not much of a leap. The boy has serious women issues.

Fuck, I'd rather watch Jeff.

Watch it be Derrick. No thanks. Although he does hate Paul so maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

By the way, I got another reply from CBS about this issue with AFP voting. 

My email: "Are you just not counting the votes that non-subscribers are submitting? Why even allow them to vote if they're not eligible?"
Their response: "Thank you for contacting CBS All Access. In order to vote for America's Favorite player you must have a paid subscription with CBS All Access."

They're really skirting around the issue. Honestly, it's pissing me off. I mean we always say the votes are rigged, but we're usually half joking, but the way they're handling this whole thing really makes it seem like they're shady as hell.

Can I have the address you're using? I'd like to send a complaint letter too! I don't think their ads during the show that mention "FREE online voting" are accurate if they don't count the free votes. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That is just their automated response to any questions about the voting.  

16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't like Derrick, not even smidgen.  But now that you mention this, maybe not a bad idea after all.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

They're "free" because CBS is offering a free trial of their All Access pass.  You just have to remember to cancel your subscription when BB is over.  They're counting on people forgetting to do that so they rake in extra $$$ from the unaware.  Fucking shady as hell, if you ask me.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, KootieTaw said:

Can I have the address you're using? I'd like to send a complaint letter too! I don't think their ads during the show that mention "FREE online voting" are accurate if they don't count the free votes. 

You will get the same canned response.  I am telling you it is because they want hits on their site.  

Just now, HurricaneVal said:

They're "free" because CBS is offering a free trial of their All Access pass.  You just have to remember to cancel your subscription when BB is over.  They're counting on people forgetting to do that so they rake in extra $$$ from the unaware.  Fucking shady as hell, if you ask me.

Common business practice.  DIRECTV does this too, when they offer you free movie channels for a month to try them.  You have to remember to cancel.  

2 hours ago, burgerbitz said:

Along with the newest verbal tic, "gassed". That is sooo irritating. 

And 'clipped'. Heard the HG say that too many times this season.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, kikaha said:

He didn't say that is true of every woman in the world.  He didn't say it was true of the majority of women or a hundred or even two.  He said it about one specific woman, who he knows probably a thousand times better than anyone on this board does. 

I have no clue if he's right about Xmas.  But to make the jump from one woman to all women does not reflect what he said, and is a vast betrayal of logic. 

You're right, he didn't.

However, he had no problem making sweeping generalizations about women during his (and Christmas) talk with Josh about how to treat women on a date and where to take them and how to behave as if every single woman likes the exact same thing. So I wouldn't put it past him to think this of all women. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

You're right, he didn't.

However, he had no problem making sweeping generalizations about women during his (and Christmas) talk with Josh about how to treat women on a date and where to take them and how to behave as if every single woman likes the exact same thing. So I wouldn't put it past him to think this of all women. 

Oh I don't know.  Both he and Yule were giving Josh some pretty basic, solid advice.  It was general, sure, but he has to start somewhere!  He really has no clue how to date or behave around women.  

29 minutes ago, wings707 said:

You will get the same canned response.  I am telling you it is because they want hits on their site.  

Common business practice.  DIRECTV does this too, when they offer you free movie channels for a month to try them.  You have to remember to cancel.  

The main reason I didn't even sign up with the free month! Thankfully they make that pretty easy to decline if you order online. However I was then charged for the dumb NFL station after declining that so that took me a bit to fix 

11 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

So that's what they're telling themselves.  I guess it never dawned on these little chicken livers that the people they were yelling at were thinking about punching their faces through the drywall, then reminded themselves they would be kicked off the show and charged with assault, so they walked away with some dignity.  Self-control and dignity being attributes with which Paul and Josh are completely unfamiliar.  To think Josh is saying this when the whole world knows that he bawls like a frightened three year old when he's confronted.

"Never dawned on" them?  Hell, Josh counted on it.  That bag of mush's "fearlessness" was based in whole upon his conviction he could provoke to his heart's content, in the certain knowledge Production would step in at the first hint of any reprisal.  Same thing with Josh's wanting to hit other folks around with impunity; remember his constant attempts to smack Jason's Extreme-itard headgear, even though he knew Jason was already suffering pain from its weight?  Yet Josh tried again and again and again - until an aggravated Jason finally began to retaliate, at which point Josh started shouting "OW OW OW!!!" before Jason had even laid a hand on him.  For all his size and instigating behavior, Josh is a world-class wuss.

10 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Those questions last night while good, were not the ones I was hoping for.

Wonder how many real questions Production had to run through the sifter before coming up with that much milquetoast.

8 hours ago, Christina said:

"Victim noises," "you played yourself" and "gumpy" need to disappear from the lexicon immediately. I hate all of them, roll my eyes so hard I get headaches each time I hear one, and it's getting old. "Victim noises" left with Cody, thank goodness, and didn't really catch on, but since Golden Boy Paul made up the other two, the houseguests won't stop saying them and they sound stupid.

Paul's repeated attempts to make "grumpy" a "thing" all summer were, in my opinion, more than a little embarrassing.

Same with "gassed" - especially since the HGs couldn't seem to agree on whether it meant "gassed up", or "out of gas".

And so far as Paul's constant use of "you played yourself":

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Wonder how many real questions Production had to run through the sifter before coming up with that much milquetoast.

They gave up after 3 and asked the staff to come up with questions.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

They're "free" because CBS is offering a free trial of their All Access pass.  You just have to remember to cancel your subscription when BB is over. 

But you can make a CBS account for free and not sign up for All Access and they seem to be allowing people with that free account to vote, which is shady as hell if they're then only counting the votes from All Access subscribers.

50 minutes ago, wings707 said:

[Josh] really has no clue how to date or behave around women.  

Neither does Paul.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And "friendship."  Because of Paul, I now hate a perfectly nice, innocuous little word.  Thanks alot, troll.

Can we add "counterfeit" to the group?   Everyone has left the house saying how counterfeit everyone is.  My age is showing, but I didn't realize that had replaced fake.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, zoltana said:

Can we add "counterfeit" to the group?   Everyone has left the house saying how counterfeit everyone is.  My age is showing, but I didn't realize that had replaced fake.

I also despise Kwanzaa's use of the word "team." Because it's a total misuse. Team =/= "what Paul wants."

• Love 14
11 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

It seems that Christmas has checked out of the game and is fine with coming in third place. 

Has she told them this yet?   Even the F3 is being manipulated!  There hasn't been an honest comp in this fucking season.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, wings707 said:

He didn't know who. 

I thought Will was Doing both?

2 hours ago, Sandycat said:

Paul and Josh think Festivus has AFP locked up. They said both Kevin and Alex will be mad about that. Josh says he'll change his name if Kevin wins. What will Josh do if Cody wins?

He can bang his head on some pots! I'll provide them! 

• Love 4

So... I live in Los Angeles, in the middle of the city -- not next to where the BB house is located (they're slightly north of where I am).  I was sitting here, and all of a sudden felt a pretty good jolt.  I hate earthquakes of any size (even the small ones), so I was not amused.  They always startle me and make me uneasy.

A few minutes later I noticed Christmas, Paul and Josh standing in the backyard, talking about the same earthquake.    Did Production tell them to stand there?   They were saying the quake felt really small.  It certainly was not a really large one, but it felt like a sizable jolt where I am located.  I am thinking it's closer to where I am than to where they are.  Even the tiny ones give you a good jolt if they are located close to you.

Edited to add:  Yep.  The quake was small, but it is definitely located much closer to where I live than to the BB house.  Hence, the reason it felt pretty sizable where I am.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

So... I live in Los Angeles, in the middle of the city -- not next to where the BB house is located (they're slightly north of where I am).  I was sitting here, and all of a sudden felt a pretty good jolt.  I hate earthquakes of any size (even the small ones), so I was not amused.  They always startle me and make me uneasy.

A few minutes later I noticed Christmas, Paul and Josh standing in the backyard, talking about the same earthquake.    Did Production tell them to stand there?   They were saying the quake felt really small.  It certainly was not a really large one, but it felt like a sizable jolt where I am located.  I am thinking it's closer to where I am than to where they are.  Even the tiny ones give you a good jolt if they are located close to you.

Edited to add:  Yep.  The quake was small, but it is definitely located much closer to me than to the BB house.  Hence, the reason it felt pretty sizable where I am.

No Paul said to go outside. And Josh was understandably freaked out BECAUSE THE EARTH IS SHAKING- and Paul is like eh that's nothing. It doesn't matter Paul it's still freaky THAT THE EARTH SHAKES- especially if you've never experienced it before. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

No Paul said to go outside. And Josh was understandably freaked out BECAUSE THE EARTH IS SHAKING- and Paul is like eh that's nothing. It doesn't matter Paul it's still freaky THAT THE EARTH SHAKES- especially if you've never experienced it before. 

Oh, ok.  Paul was the one who said to go outside!  I was thinking it must have been Production.   I don't blame Josh for being freaked out -- and I have lived here my entire life.  A lot of longtime California residents like to say that they are not bothered by earthquakes -- but I am not one of them.   I could go my entire life without ever experiencing another quake and I would be fine.   So, if someone is out here and is not used to quakes at all, of course they would be on edge.  Josh would understandably be nervous.  There's no warning, so the 'catching you by surprise' factor is strong.. 

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 8

There are little jolts that are a little freaky, then there are the all out rolling shakers whacka-whacka-whacka that freak you the fuck out.  I live in WA, not CA, but I've experienced enough here (including cowering under my desk five stories up in a swaying seven story office building built on fill during the big Nisqually quake) to be a tiny bit earthquake savvy.  Josh is from Florida. He's got no frame of reference, so he is understandably a wee bit wigged out.  Paul is a CA native for whom little shakers should be somewhat routine, but the little troll should have some sympathy for Josh who is experiencing even a small earthquake for the first time.

Oh.  Waitaminnit.  Never mind.  I forgot who we were dealing with here.  Expecting human decency from Paul is a fool's hope.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

There are little jolts that are a little freaky, then there are the all out rolling shakers whacka-whacka-whacka that freak you the fuck out.  I live in WA, not CA, but I've experienced enough here (including cowering under my desk five stories up in a swaying seven story office building built on fill during the big Nisqually quake) to be a tiny bit earthquake savvy.  Josh is from Florida. He's got no frame of reference, so he is understandably a wee bit wigged out.  Paul is a CA native for whom little shakers should be somewhat routine, but the little troll should have some sympathy for Josh who is experiencing even a small earthquake for the first time.

Oh.  Waitaminnit.  Never mind.  I forgot who we were dealing with here.  Expecting human decency from Paul is a fool's hope.

Paul probably looks at little quakes like they are rides at a theme park and that they won't harm him.  I just realized that Paul is too young to have any remembrance of the horrible, traumatizing, panic-inducing Northridge quake in 1994.  That one was a game changer for a lot of people who live out here (people who had never previously been bothered by quakes), because it showed us all just how violent a quake could get when it was located closer to us and not way off in the hinterlands somewhere.  I think that Paul either wasn't born yet (the quake was in January of '94), or he would have been too young to know what was happening.  If he goes through a Northridge-type quake, he might have a whole different outlook.

I'm a California native -- much, much older than Paul -- and quakes of any size will never feel routine to me.  It's just not normal to feel the ground moving beneath your feet and the walls and windows rattling and making noise around you.  

Your story about being in the 7-story building during a big quake like Nisqually is the stuff of nightmares.   One of the last places I would ever want to be during a big quake is in a tall, swaying office building.  Yikes.  I would have a breakdown, right on the spot.    In fact, every time I am in a dentist's office, the office ends up being on the 12th floor.. or 15th floor... And the office assistants always put me in chairs facing windows that remind me of how far up in the air I am.  I have always thought to myself, "Well, this would be a terrible time and place to experience an earthquake."

Well, Josh seemed to calm down pretty quickly and was back to his jovial (loud!) self (he was yelling sooooo much tonight!), but yes... he would understandably be a little unnerved when the ground starts moving.  Hopefully things have settled down here for the night and we won't be slammed with anything bigger.  

Edited by TVFan17
typo -- this is what I get for typing when half-asleep!
  • Love 6

I usually fall asleep to BBAD but not last night!  Josh was yelling and just loud when he wasn't yelling.  

Something funny and a little sad from the night before last, in a hammock talk.  Josh told Paul that he didn't let the others know how smart he is, only you know.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So....we can complain about this season a lot, but the good that came out of it? Animal feeds instead of Jeff...and the lack of Jeff once he got his new job.

Speaking of, Jeff is being replaced by Dr. Will for backyard interviews.

who's this guy in the picture?

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, TheGapper said:

who's this guy in the picture?

LMAO because that's what I said too—"Who is tha...HOLY SHIT, IT'S WILL." On what must be Patsy Stone-levels of Botox.

At least he's letting himself go gray?

• Love 14
8 hours ago, wings707 said:

I usually fall asleep to BBAD but not last night!  Josh was yelling and just loud when he wasn't yelling.  

Something funny and a ltitle sad from the night before last in a hammock talk.  Josh told Paul that he didn't let the others know how smart he is, only you know.  

Josh seems to have an unlimited supply of wailing, yelling, screaming, etc., in him!  I don't know how he has all of that in him.  He is rambunctious.   Of course, as we see, most of it is done in good fun and when he is happy and upbeat, but still... he is so loud.  If Paul was bothered by Raven's loud yelling and shrieking, I can't imagine that he'd be happy with Josh's yelling.  But he likes Josh more than he likes Raven, so maybe he can tolerate it better from Josh.

I do think that Josh is smarter, and more perceptive and observant, than he is given credit for in the house, but at times he seems like an out-of-control toddler, running wild around the yard, jumping on people, wanting to play, and all of that.  He has so much unharnessed energy!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4