Type keyword(s) to search

Season Seven: The Reset Anticipation/Apprehension/Dread Topic

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

I have a feeling whomever cast this curse did it to separate the "Villains" from the "Heroes"- the Heroes are off somewhere trapped while the Villains are sent away to a cursed place. Henry gathers the Villains, and they regain their memories and try and rescue the world and get their heroes back. 

It would be hysterical if the Dwarves were all...

Emma... For years we've had to put up with Regina and Rumple acting all woe as me.  Pretending like we are happy to be cursed to this place.  Pretending Regina is our Queen.  That murder is just a small lapse in judgement.  And we are really sick of lasagna,  We didn't mean to include Hook.  It was an accident.  The spell took a little liberty with the whole villain thing.

• Love 4

How is it a reboot if it's the exact same story??? I didn't think they'd do EVERYTHING the same! Did Channing Dungey greenlight this and think 'Ooh another curse! That sounds like a new and fresh direction!' or did she not even care?

• Love 7

So, A&E are trying to sell Henry's mystery love interest as one of the biggest question marks in Season 7 and they say figuring it out will be a huge plot point. But...and I'm sorry if this comes across as not entirely PC...won't it be pretty obvious who the love interest is based on who they cast? Unless the show really turns over a new leaf and hires a lot more diverse women next season, it's not going to be a huge mystery. Either that, or Lucy is adopted.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, superloislane said:

Did Channing Dungey greenlight this and think 'Ooh another curse! That sounds like a new and fresh direction!' or did she not even care?

It sounds like they were planning to cancel the show if Netflix hadn't pulled out the wallet.  She (and ABC) may genuinely not care what stories Once does as long as Netflix is willing to pay them for it. 

One thing I'm definitely looking forward to, with regard to the next season, is Comic Con.  There's no way they won't be there and they are going to be dealing with some seriously pissed off fans.  The Con screens questions but they're looking to prevent people from asking for autographs/pictures.  This is going to be so much fun.  

• Love 7
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Curio said:

So, A&E are trying to sell Henry's mystery love interest as one of the biggest question marks in Season 7 and they say figuring it out will be a huge plot point.

I can't recall which article it was in, but I'm pretty sure A&E said that we would learn who her mother is sometime this summer. I am thinking it might be one of the things they reveal at Comic Con. I'd go back through the articles to look for it, but I just can't with their BS. And yes, unless Lucy is adopted, they had better cast a Latina actress for her mother!

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

I can't recall which article it was in, but I'm pretty sure A&E said that we would learn who her mother is sometime this summer. I am thinking it might be one of the things they reveal at Comic Con.

Ah, I must have missed that article. That Comic-Con panel will sure be interesting and nothing like last year's snooze fest. If they get asked back that is...

(edited)

SEATTLE SCHOOL

KILLIAN: Look at this compass, class.  If you know your destination, it will always take you where you want to go.  See you tomorrow.  [Bells rings]

Henry and Lucy walk up.

KILLIAN: Ah, Lucy.  I was wondering where you were today.  Why don't you grab your project from the back.

HENRY: So you're Lucy's teacher?

KILLIAN: Yes.  Lucy's a special girl.  So smart, so creative.  But she's lonely.  She loves her book.  Has she shown it to you?

HENRY: Yes, but they're just stories.

KILLIAN: Well, the book gives Lucy hope.  Even the possibility of a happy ending is a powerful thing.  It was nice to meet you, Mr....

HENRY: Mills.  Henry Mills.  In case anyone just tuned in and are wondering what they hell they're watching.  I'M SUPPOSED TO BE HENRY DON'T TURN AWAY BEFORE YOU SEE REGINA!  AND RUMPLE!  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, Curio said:

Ah, I must have missed that article.

Here's the quote from this article:

Who are some of these faces we’re going to see? I imagine one of them will be Lucy’s mother.
Kitsis: We’re not fully ready to say who we’re going to see or who are not. We just ended the season yesterday, so we want to enjoy that and let the fans enjoy that final montage. But I will say who Lucy’s mom is and Henry’s relationship to her is going to be an epic romance in the Once tradition of Snow and Charming. And who she is and what character she is will be revealed probably this summer.

I do think Comic Con will be interesting if some of the anger I've seen on social media this week is any indication...

4 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

I have a feeling whomever cast this curse did it to separate the "Villains" from the "Heroes"- the Heroes are off somewhere trapped while the Villains are sent away to a cursed place. Henry gathers the Villains, and they regain their memories and try and rescue the world and get their heroes back. 

Great I've scripted it for everyone. I should go work on a TV show. Haha. 

It is interesting that our returning main characters apart from Henry are the Ex-Villain Club. That's the core of the show, apparently.

At least this may mean we get to see more of Henry's mother/son relationship with Regina, stepfather/stepson relationship with Hook and grandfather/grandson relationship with Rumple. Those are actually all relationships I'd have liked to see more of.

• Love 5

Zelena is an ex-villain, though. Perhaps the curse is more about separating couples? And somehow Snowing was immune?

Or it's completely based on who A&E wanted to keep writing for.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

At least this may mean we get to see more of Henry's mother/son relationship with Regina, stepfather/stepson relationship with Hook and grandfather/grandson relationship with Rumple. Those are actually all relationships I'd have liked to see more of.

Oh, absolutely! Especially Henry/Hook's relationship. I know it was a different actor, but I really liked their interactions in the episode Dark Waters. 

31 minutes ago, Souris said:

Zelena is an ex-villain, though. Perhaps the curse is more about separating couples? And somehow Snowing was immune?

Or it's completely based on who A&E wanted to keep writing for.

And the people they wanted to keep writing for, apart from Henry, are ex-villains, even if it's not every ex-villain. I find that interesting.

15 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Everyone whose name doesn't start with R or H got sent to the edge of the Earth and will be MIA in Season 7.  

Was that an intentional letter pun?

10 minutes ago, Last Time Lord said:

Oh, absolutely! Especially Henry/Hook's relationship. I know it was a different actor, but I really liked their interactions in the episode Dark Waters. 

I was expecting more of them after "Dark Waters", what with the Evil Queen making such a big deal out of "the pirate and his son".

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

I was expecting more of them after "Dark Waters", what with the Evil Queen making such a big deal out of "the pirate and his son".

That was Rumple's line, actually.  A subtle disowning of Henry as a grandson, I guess?

Between Season 6 and Season 7, Henry has done some very horrible things, and now he can really relate to Regina and Rumple.  He also abandoned his child like a coward.  He probably thinks he's not worthy to be a hero, so that's a similarity he will share with Hook.  He probably used the Shears to cut away his Author powers.  And now the Stories are going out of control.  Then PEN is alive and destroying lives.  The Evil Pen and Ink will be the Big Bads of Season 7.

• Love 8

I can't imagine Emma & Hook didn't have their own children, I wonder if the child/children will be apart of the 7th season? You can make then older- if it's been 20 years- they could be 17-18ish. Or even slightly younger depending on how long it is. Anyway would these kids be with Emma? Or would they be cursed with Hook? It would kind of be cool to see him as a father to his own kids. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't want Hook and Emma to have a child/children if they end up being separated from them while they are young. If the children are teenagers and aged (along with Henry) while Hook didn't, that would most likely mean that they were raised somewhere else by someone other than Hook. It's possible Emma escapes the Curse and raises them alone, as sad as that would be. If the kids were frozen in the Curse, then Emma might have missed raising another child/children if she's not also present in the town. Or they just go with the Cruella/Ursula aging explanation for Regina and Hook. 

The one thing I was kind of looking forward to about a CS separation (assuming they're still together but just physically separated) was Hook's epic angsting over getting back to her, but the likely memory loss and cursed personality are going to keep that from happening. Bummer. 

ETA: If they are really going to copy pay tribute to season one, they could put Emma in a coma like Charming. 

ETA2: Unless they are all living in peace in the EF until whatever came for Henry in the beginning of the finale comes for them. But then how do they explain the not aging?

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 1

This is not a reboot. It's a remake starring genderbent versions of the original charatcers. This storyline is so unoriginal and uninspired, as almost every plot has been for the last three seasons, give or take a few. There is neither a Happy Beginning or Ending for these charatcers (pun intended) becasue every happy moment gets interrupted by the next curse or villain. Also, everyone should be a villain, becasue what does it matter? You make one right choice, and be part of the family dinner with your victims before the next Biggest Baddie shows up 5 minutes later. Might as well die and walk into the Light. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

You make one right choice, and be part of the family dinner with your victims before the next Biggest Baddie shows up 5 minutes later. Might as well die and walk into the Light. 

This tactic only works for certain characters.  "Heroes" and average Joes and Jaynes are out of luck.  There's a nice River of Doom waiting for some.

• Love 3

I don't think the writers will be able to resist putting cursed Hook and Regina together. They've already done Regina/Rumple. And it's not like they're going to write new characters of their age range since they're aiming to go younger. So they'll just pair off the two "free" characters because they think it would be a hoot. Plus it would cause CS and SQ heads to explode, which is always a great bonus to the writers.

Whee, sexual violation, so much fun! They are copying S1 after all.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Souris said:

I don't think the writers will be able to resist putting cursed Hook and Regina together.

La, la, la, la, la - I can't hear you. I'm ignoring this line of thinking b/c I just can't go there.

I do wonder how they are going to handle the aging of Hook & Regina. If the EF scenes with Henry & Lucy took place before the final scene, then it appears the curse was very recent, so Hook & Regina should be 15-20 years older. So if they want to keep them about the same age, the curse has to have happened years earlier (maybe Henry wasn't part of it b/c he was in the EF), which of course means they have completely messed with the happy endings. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

La, la, la, la, la - I can't hear you. I'm ignoring this line of thinking b/c I just can't go there.

I do wonder how they are going to handle the aging of Hook & Regina. If the EF scenes with Henry & Lucy took place before the final scene, then it appears the curse was very recent, so Hook & Regina should be 15-20 years older. So if they want to keep them about the same age, the curse has to have happened years earlier (maybe Henry wasn't part of it b/c he was in the EF), which of course means they have completely messed with the happy endings. 

I wonder if perhaps Henry, himself, was cursed. 

In the opening Enchanted Forest scene, he quickly had Lucy escape with the new story book and then some thing burst through the door, and when we come back to that scene, only his sword was left behind. 

And then at the end of the episode, he's in Seattle with no memory of his daughter or seemingly anything that happened. 

Got to be honest, this is the most excited I've been for the new season since Elsa sauntered out of that goblet. 

30 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

I believe in one of the recent interviews A&E said that the EF scenes took place AFTER the door scene.

My guess is that the curse happened say five years after the "happy endings" and Henry wasn't a part of it. They mentioned something about him wanting to leave SB as he grew up, so he probably left at, say, 18. Then the curse happened soon afterward. That way they can not have to age Hook/Regina too much.

13 hours ago, kitticup said:

Please let there be no magic.  If they want to redo Season 1, then I hope they keep magic out of Storybrooke II.  

A &  E can't write without their fave crutch..magic.  They wanted to break the curse and bring magic in S1 but someone wisely stayed their hands. Its not like that magic can't be part of the show, it just needs to be subtle like it was in during the Fiona curse. Magic waves and poofing looks ridiculous in real world settings, and they need to work on their damn rules. Their magic users are so ridiculously powerful that any problem could be overcome with a wave of the hand.

• Love 1

How is it even possible?  So Hook, EQ and Rumple will be their fairytale selves but have different real world identities?  No Killian, Regina or Gold?  I think that's going to be incredible confusing for the casual viewer (if there are any left).

I just...don't even care.  I don't see how you can have Henry as the main character with no Emma anywhere on the show.

• Love 1

What I fear is that Season 7 is going to feel a heck of a lot like Season 2...which I didn't like at all. It was like a chore watching Season 2 and I barely paid attention the first time I watched it, and the main reason for that was because of the character pairings. Season 2 had a lot of Regina and Hook interactions which never really sparked my interest. Rumple and Hook were interesting as adversaries in Season 2, but now, it's totally unrealistic that they'd ever willingly work together for a common cause. Regina and Rumple are still somewhat interesting as long as they don't go the way of Golden Queen. Maybe adult Henry's actor will spark some interesting chemistry with Rumple/Regina/Hook, but again, I have to take a leap of faith with liking a brand new character. I enjoyed the show well enough in Seasons 1 and 2, but I didn't fall in love with the show until Season 3 because I was finally seeing character pairings that were interesting. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Proteus said:

I'm not buying into all this doom and gloom for Hook and Emma.

Any thoughts on how the retain a happy ending when Hook will be on the show and Emma will only be on for one episode?  If the show wasn't centered around Henry, I'd agree there's a good chance they'd be happy because Hook could appear in different ways to the lead that would excuse Emma's absence.  But for Henry to end up in Seattle and have lost hope and we know Emma won't be really apart of Season 7, it's a bit difficult to believe that everything works out for her.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Kktjones said:

Here's the quote from this article:

Who are some of these faces we’re going to see? I imagine one of them will be Lucy’s mother.
Kitsis: We’re not fully ready to say who we’re going to see or who are not. We just ended the season yesterday, so we want to enjoy that and let the fans enjoy that final montage. But I will say who Lucy’s mom is and Henry’s relationship to her is going to be an epic romance in the Once tradition of Snow and Charming. And who she is and what character she is will be revealed probably this summer.

And yet that didn't stop them from announcing Jen's departure 12 hours after the wedding episode so Captain Swan fans were out of luck getting to enjoy the idea of the wedding and happy beginning.  I guess it's better that Henry's relationship models Snow and Charming vs. Hook and Emma or both?  Ugh

I just wonder how they think that new fans wouldn't need to know the mythology of the show when Henry is the main character and the Evil Queen, Captain Hook and Rumpelstiltskin are his adoptive mother, step father (married to birth mother) and Grandfather respectively. Isn't it necessary to explain these connections? How about how the characters' interactions are affected by past incidents like Rumpel killing Milah and cutting off Hook's hand? This is basic backstory that needs to be explained and it's really, really, really complex.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

I just wonder how they think that new fans wouldn't need to know the mythology of the show when Henry is the main character and the Evil Queen, Captain Hook and Rumpelstiltskin are his adoptive mother, step father (married to birth mother) and Grandfather respectively. Isn't it necessary to explain these connections? How about how the characters' interactions are affected by past incidents like Rumpel killing Milah and cutting off Hook's hand? This is basic backstory that needs to be explained and it's really, really, really complex.

Yes, I don't get it either.  I mean, Rumple is still "The Dark One" but would that make any sense to a new viewer?   A new curse would require that aspect of the mythology to be explained.

I wonder if they will intentionally try to avoid any reference to past events.  Like they will focus on Henry being a random man with someone claiming to be his daughter, and the focus is on how this man lost his wife and lost his hope.  

12 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

This is not a reboot. It's a remake starring genderbent versions of the original charatcers. This storyline is so unoriginal and uninspired, as almost every plot has been for the last three seasons, give or take a few.

A&E has said they will be exploring a new angle.  They're always so original so I'm sure there will be lots of interesting twists like Henry has a criminal record and his wife is under a Sleeping Curse and the little girl will call it Operation Snake.  

• Love 7
(edited)

A&E has said they will be exploring a new angle.  They're always so original so I'm sure there will be lots of interesting twists like Henry has a criminal record and his wife is under a Sleeping Curse and the little girl will call it Operation Snake.  

Henry: "I'm sorry, little girl. I don't do Operations any more. I'm too hardboiled for that."
Lucy: "What happened to you?"
Henry: "This bailbondsperson named Cline taught me to wear cardigans as armor. He died in front of my eyes."
Lucy: "Were you two close or something?"
Henry: "Well he died two days after we met, and most of that time I spent trying to get away for him."
Lucy: "Wow. I'm sorry you have such a tragic backstory."
Henry: "It's okay, little girl. Some day you'll have one too. Then you'll have a son show up at your door."
Lucy: "Shhhh. We're not supposed to talk about that until season 10!"

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 11

I wonder if the reason Henry is on his own has anything to do with that issue of him always being left behind/in danger of being left behind when Storybrooke is destroyed by failsafe, new curse or curse reverse, because he was born in this world. Emma was able to go either way because of being the Savior (well, back when she was a curse-specific Savior), but if they didn't have the warning they had in 3A, she might have been taken along while Henry was left behind. If that's true, I wonder where children born in Storybrooke would end up. Both Henry's parents were from the Enchanted Forest, so would that mean Pistachio, Gideon, and any Swan-Jones baby would be left behind? They said Alexandra would have been okay because she was conceived in the Enchanted Forest, so Snowflake should be okay.

Of course, Henry should now be okay because Authors seem to have realm-jumping powers. Isaac was from our world and managed to get around.

They need to cut the budget, so maybe all the Cursed Fairy Tale characters are living in Henry's building.  

HENRY: So you're telling me everyone in this apartment building is a fairy tale character?

LUCY: Yes.

HENRY: Who's Hugo, my neighbor?

LUCY: He's The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

HENRY: And who am I?

LUCY: You're the adopted son of The Evil Queen, the stepson of Captain Hook and the grandson of Rumplestiltskin.  

HENRY: The Evil Queen from Sno...

LUCY: NOOOOOO, don't say it!  Evil things will happen if you mention those who must not be named!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

How much you want to bet that Adult!Henry shares a ton of characteristics with the showrunners? Instead of weird inappropriate self-insert moments due to Young!Henry's age, they can now go all out with the self-insert stuff.

Older Henry has lost hope because his scripts and concepts have been rejected by television executives for the last 5 years.  In Season 7, Lucy will remind Henry that he used to be a great writer.  All he had to do was lie in bed and the story would write itself.  All he had to do is BELIEVE.  

• Love 10
5 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Any thoughts on how the retain a happy ending when Hook will be on the show and Emma will only be on for one episode?  If the show wasn't centered around Henry, I'd agree there's a good chance they'd be happy because Hook could appear in different ways to the lead that would excuse Emma's absence.  But for Henry to end up in Seattle and have lost hope and we know Emma won't be really apart of Season 7, it's a bit difficult to believe that everything works out for her.

Hook can go on an adventure with Henry and Emma can be somewhere else. They do not have to be broken up just because Hook will be around and not her.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Hook can go on an adventure with Henry and Emma can be somewhere else. They do not have to be broken up just because Hook will be around and not her.

That was more possible until we found out about the 127th new curse nonsense. If Hook is cursed with a new identity, then clearly he's separated from Emma. Either Emma is also cursed somewhere offscreen or she's fine but doesn't know what happened to her husband or she's dead or in a coma. With Hook being cursed, that has automatically taken away their happiness.

• Love 2

They're not bringing Jared back for scenes with Emma, so Emma will be interacting with Old Henry.  

Which means the last time Older Henry spoke to Emma would have been relatively recent.  

First question - Would Henry be last speaking with Emma at a time of peace?  That might cause more angst since he might have hurt Emma during their last encounter.

Second question - is the threat already in place during this Henry flashback?  

Probably not.  So I'm guessing there would be a second flashback where the threat is upon them and Hook agrees to be Cursed to help Henry while Emma goes somewhere safe with the baby.  Regina would also reassure Emma she would help Henry.  

A&E could argue that Hook would then be Cursed right away and lose his memories so he wouldn't suffer in his separation from Emma.

They still need a new iconic villain.  It can't just be Rumple.  

I wonder if A&E are confident because they have someone really big lined up to join the show.

16 minutes ago, Camera One said:

They're not bringing Jared back for scenes with Emma, so Emma will be interacting with Old Henry.  

They still need a new iconic villain.  It can't just be Rumple.  

They could always bring Jared back as a guest in the premiere. They could bring anybody back as a guest in the premiere -- which would make sense since that's the one ep Emma will be in.

New villain? Paisley Fairy.

• Love 1
(edited)

New villain? Paisley Fairy.

Yzma: "Please. The Black Fairy created the Dark Curse? Well I invented the dark fairy dust she needed to cast it."
Nimue: "Um, hello? Dark magic started with me. Everyone else's work has been purely derivative of my evil expertise. It's the Dark One, not Dark Twenty."

Here's hoping Henry gets turned into a llama. Preferably one that doesn't speak.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 9
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Souris said:

They could always bring Jared back as a guest in the premiere. They could bring anybody back as a guest in the premiere -- which would make sense since that's the one ep Emma will be in.

I suspect they will be reticent to bring back anyone other than Emma, because they don't want to draw attention away from their amazing new creations.

I'm assuming they need Emma back to explain why Hook is alone.  That does raise the issue of how they'll explain why Rumple is alone.  Will Belle return too?  Or will it be a "big mystery" and she will guest star later in the season?

Edited by Camera One

A curse with alternate identities, where the characters were without their fairytale memories, was fun and fresh in Season 1. Six seasons later, where they've developed relationships and familial ties, and we know them, it's just frustrating.

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, Souris said:

I'm telling you, Hook and Regina will be married in this curse.

Of course!  They gave Regina Emma's son, effectively gave her Emma's parents, let Regina rape Emma's love Graham so naturally they will give her Emma's husband! 

I think they are actually glad that JMo isn't returning so they don't have to pretend to care about her character anymore.

• Love 3

The thing that's different between Emma and Henry, unless they're repeating the beginning of 3B, is that Emma had no reason to believe in magic or that her parents were Snow White and Prince Charming. What reason would Henry have to have  lost his belief? He grew up in a cursed town where he was the only one aging. He knows that his grandparents are Snow White and Prince Charming and Rumplestilstskin. He knows his stepfather is Captain Hook, his adoptive mother was the Evil Queen, and his great-grandfather was Peter Pan. He's been to Neverland, Camelot, the Underworld, and an AU Enchanted Forest, and, presumably, the regular Enchanted Forest for that epic storybook romance that produced Lucy. He's the Author. Even if he is under a spell, it would get frustrating fast if he spends much time at all not believing or not recognizing these people.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

What reason would Henry have to have  lost his belief? 

I think this is where the contrived nature is really going to rear its ugly head.  It will likely mean lots of created events.  Like he wrote a story which led to a village being murdered or something, plus ran away from his responsibility as a father, so he had a mental break and had to be sent to the asylum and he came out with WALLS™.

Edited by Camera One

If Adult Henry lost his memories and is living a fake life like Emma did in NYC, I'd hope the writers are smart enough to realize they can't keep him in the dark for the entire season. 

• Love 2