Type keyword(s) to search

Season Seven: The Reset Anticipation/Apprehension/Dread Topic

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

So, are they going to try to project American society into the future, or is it all going to be set in whatever curse bubble and the Enchanted Forest?

It's A&E.  Zero thought is going to go into this.

If they're moving the Cursed personas to Seattle, then I'm guessing it will be more modern-day.  

I don't see how they can have the budget to build a bunch of new sets or do location shoots in the core of the city, though.  Steveston was more out of the way so it was easier to film there.  

If this is more in-studio, anything goes.  Maybe they will have Adult Henry frequenting an 80s-era diner so they can make slight alterations to Granny's.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kktjones said:

On a different note, another con passed this weekend and again Colin & Lana had very little to share about Season 7. I'm surprised they aren't taking advantage of these opportunities to get people interested in what's to come (and also to allay fears about "ruining" the CS story and other happy endings). But then A&E are not known for their promotional prowess.

They can't promote something they haven't even planed. What are they going to say? It's Regina, Rumple and Hook doing things. Or se are showing the greatest love story ever between Henry and a nameless and faceless female character. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

They can't promote something they haven't even planed.

The thing is, according to Adam on Twitter today, they've already planned most of Season 7.

Do you guys have already outlined all of season 7?? 

A lot of it (x)

They know people are worried about how they're going to handle the absence of so many main characters, so they should at least be getting out there with some type of positive/interesting news. He also answered a question about the time jump that makes me think we are going to see some strange timey whimy stuff...

I’m assuming the timejump is a minimum of 14 years (Henry has Lucy at 18 & she’s 10) - do you have an exact number in mind? 

It’s both more and less complicated than that (x)

13 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

The thing is, according to Adam on Twitter today, they've already planned most of Season 7.

I will not believe anything that he says. I doubt they have planned anything other than the premiere.

14 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

He also answered a question about the time jump that makes me think we are going to see some strange timey whimy stuff...

It's going to be a total disaster.

• Love 4
(edited)

In case you were wondering...

Roi‏ @cayasryan  7h7 hours ago

Is the next season possibly the last?

Adam Horowitz @AdamHorowitzLA
Replying to @cayasryan

Every season was possibly the last! Lol! Who knows.

-----------------

And apparently, now:

Adam Horowitz‏ @AdamHorowitzLA  7h7 hours ago
Replying to @indigo_15

We don't really look at it as a reboot. Same show. Some returning characters. Some new. Some old elements. Some new.

Edited by Camera One
(edited)

We don't really look at it as a reboot. Same show. Some returning characters. Some new. Some old elements. Some new.

That completely contradicts the whole, "if you've never seen the show, you won't have to be familiar with the mythology to understand it".

Every season was possibly the last! Lol! Who knows.

If A&E had their way, the show would be running as long as Supernatural has been.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

That completely contradicts the whole, "if you've never seen the show, you won't have to be familiar with the mythology to understand it".

I think it was pretty obvious that couldn't possibly true just based on the setup. You'd have to know why Captain Hook is a good guy and how he's Henry's stepfather (unless they have him lose the hook and just be Killian, with no pirate flashbacks -- but somehow I doubt they'll be able to resist), how Rumple is Henry's grandfather, how the Evil Queen is now good and how she's Henry's mother but also his step-grandmother (unless they're going to skip the whole Evil Queen thing and just have Regina being Regina -- but somehow I doubt they'll be able to resist), probably how Henry is the Author, given the storybook in the flashforwards. These characters, their current situation and their relationships all require prior knowledge to understand.

(edited)

They've probably been in the Writers' Room and realized they couldn't do any of their "Wouldn't it be cool if"'s if they couldn't use the convoluted histories.  I wonder if ABC is tsk-tsking them, though.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Camera One said:

They've probably been in the Writers' Room and realized they couldn't do any of their "Wouldn't it be cool if"'s if they couldn't use the convoluted histories.  I wonder if ABC is tsk-tsking them, though.  

I doubt ABC will pay them much attention, unless they allow them to use Moana and want to manage her presentation a la Frozen. Otherwise, ABC isn't going to expend much energy on a dying Friday space filler.

• Love 4

They start filming in less than a month. They damn well better have some idea of what's going to happen. The actors need their first scripts in a couple of weeks so that they can start learning their lines. It's really stupid for them not to come up with some sort of positive promotional teases to get the fanbase excited and out there talking about the show.

This season sounds like a total train wreck. I'm tempted to watch it just to see how bad it gets, but I don't want to ruin the final remnants of love I had for this show. Still on the fence about it all. I haven't even managed to watch the finale yet.

• Love 2
(edited)

There's only two questions that need to be answered in S7. "How is that girl Henry's daughter?" and "How are they going to write Emma out?" There's nothing to get hyped about so far. No major franchise. No big cliffhanger we care about. We don't even know who the Big Bad is.

I guess we're getting more "strong" female characters to fill in before Rumple saves the day.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I guess we're getting more "strong" female characters to fill in before Rumple saves the day.

Or murders them.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 9
On 6/10/2017 at 0:28 PM, Shanna Marie said:

For Hook flashbacks, I'd like to see the era immediately after Liam's death,

I'd kind of like to see some Neverland era flashbacks. - more cake runs for Pan and Killian digging for info on his crocodile.  Of course, I'm leery of saying this, because no doubt he will murder more innocent villagers along the way.

On 6/10/2017 at 0:41 PM, Souris said:

Hook probably killed Bambi's mother.

And not even because he was hungry and needed to eat.  The doe was a witness to David's father's murder.

8 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I certainly hope they don't think the 9 year old girl is a "strong female character".  

• Love 3

I can't wait for all the Henry flashbacks in S7. He'll go into Star Trek World and become best friends with Wesley Crusher. Then'll he visit the Island from Lost, where he'll start a school of the gifted with Walt. After that, he'll go to Westeros, and help Joffrey get his whiny groove back.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:08 AM, KAOS Agent said:

It's really stupid for them not to come up with some sort of positive promotional teases to get the fanbase excited and out there talking about the show.

I don't see any upside in promoting anything before they absolutely have to.  They are dealing with a scenario where all the most popular cannon and non cannon couples are kaput.  And only online fandom is watching/listening to them right now.  They basically have an audience of two types, those who are fans of Regina and Rumpel more so than any of their pairings who will give season 7 a shot and those who are disgruntled and assuming the worst.  The latter is on the fence or already gone; and I think that they are more likely to watch the premiere the less they hear about it beforehand because what can they present that is positive beforehand.

On 6/11/2017 at 4:59 PM, Shanna Marie said:

They just seemed to change the approach to the concept based on the needs of the plot for that particular episode.

They wouldn't do that!!   These guys are geniuses -- just ask them!

• Love 2

I don't know if it is a indication of the lack of enthusiasm for the upcoming season but my dashboard is dead on tumble except for some post about meeting the cast at con.

Maybe, the Lana fans are more exciting but cs are mostly not! And, Adams don't do anything really to calm down their worry!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, maryle said:

I don't know if it is a indication of the lack of enthusiasm for the upcoming season but my dashboard is dead on tumble except for some post about meeting the cast at con.

Maybe, the Lana fans are more exciting but cs are mostly not! And, Adams don't do anything really to calm down their worry!

Even during the hiatus between 5 and 6, where I felt a lack of enthusiasm more than any time before that, it was nothing compared to now. I've seen NOTHING about season 7 on Tumblr or Twitter other than 'Please don't destroy CS or kill Emma!' posts. Even the cast convention posts are pretty lacklustre since there's nothing exciting to talk about. After every finale, there are usually people making theories and getting excited or even people having arguments but not now - maybe SDCC will change that (are they going to that?) but I doubt it. Hell it's the same on this board! I think lots of people decided the season 6 finale was the end and moved on and if they are going to check out season 7, it will be more casual watching.

• Love 5
On 6/11/2017 at 7:53 PM, Shanna Marie said:

how the Evil Queen is now good and how she's Henry's mother but also his step-grandmother

Lucy, Once Upon a Time, your grandmother was your great-grandmother's stepmother...

This book could mess a kid up for life.

On 6/11/2017 at 6:18 PM, Kktjones said:

I’m assuming the timejump is a minimum of 14 years (Henry has Lucy at 18 & she’s 10) - do you have an exact number in mind? 

It’s both more and less complicated than that (x)

Let me guess. It's somehow set in the present day, so that they don't have to imagine what the future is like.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Let me guess. It's somehow set in the present day, so that they don't have to imagine what the future is like.

I've wondered if maybe Lucy is the daughter of an alt Henry, like maybe Wishverse Henry, but comes to our Henry for help. Or maybe she's from the future.

I'm still trying to figure out how Henry has lost all belief and hope or whatever. Given what he's been through and seen, there's no way they can make it at all believable that he'd be as skeptical as season one Emma, unless he's been drinking a lot of memory tea. At that point in the story, Emma had grown up in our world and had no reason to believe in magic or accept that fairy tales were real and that she was part of the story. At this point in the story, Henry knows his grandparents are Snow White and Prince Charming, his adoptive mom was the Evil Queen (but she got better), and his stepdad is Captain Hook. He's been to Neverland, Camelot, and the Underworld. A random kid shows up, says he's her dad and his family needs help, he should know to just go with it. Besides, he experienced that from the other side with Emma, so he's kind of a hypocritical jerk if he tries to do the "yeah, sure, right, kid" routine instead of "okay, we'd better look into this."

I also don't see how Henry could be separated from his family and it count as Emma's happy ending not being ruined. I mean, we might think she'd be better off if he took a hike and she didn't have to deal with him, but I don't think she'd see it that way.

Unless maybe this Henry is the alt Henry, and he's not the future of our Henry.

I have to day, I'm not exactly enthralled with any of this. Usually between seasons, I find myself writing mental fanfic scenarios about what could happen and how it will work out (usually, mine end up being more interesting than what ends up airing -- like I had Regina secretly sliding into evil over Marian in season 4 and it taking a lot more time and effort to find Emma at the beginning of season 5), but I can't really get excited about any possible scenarios for next season. I've been spending a lot less time on mental fanfic about this show, and when I do, it's total alternate reality stuff, going back a few seasons and fixing it entirely or else coming up with something that skips the "future" part of the finale and just carries on with the way I would have written the final season of the show.

• Love 4

It would not completely shock me if about half way through the year it was announced as the final season and a few of the originals come back to wrap it up and have another happy ending, since their last happy ending was probably trashed by the reboot,  as they series signs off for good.

• Love 6

Are even getting the same Hook, Regina, and Rumple? I'd be down if they were all the Wish versions, as long as Hook got aged down or something. They could maybe bring Wish!Robin back as well as a feeble attempt to generate hype.

• Love 2

From the reports of what Robert C. said at a convention:

He said that Rumple’s relationship with both Regina and Hook will be different. That it’s entirely new. So the war between Rumple and Hook is over.

It's sounding like these aren't going to be our versions of the characters, which means either they're under a curse with different identities or are alt universe versions, whether from the wishverse or elsewhere. What do you bet that any redemption they went through in the first six seasons will be gone and they're reset to being villains? They love writing the evil versions and think good guys are boring, and besides, they'll probably be repeating Emma's plot with Henry, so Henry will be influencing them to change. And then we'll repeat the previous character arcs.

• Love 1

Really doubtful that bringing Sean back will be enough to create hype they already tried it in 6b.

I  know many here still want it to work but me I am here for the very probable flop causing the coming back of all the original character (mostly jen, gosh and Emilie for me) before the second " happy beginning" final.

• Love 2
On 6/16/2017 at 5:39 PM, Shanna Marie said:

I've wondered if maybe Lucy is the daughter of an alt Henry, like maybe Wishverse Henry, but comes to our Henry for help.

I've thought this since the very beginning. But my theories are almost always wrong, so I'm apparently very bad at figuring out what the writers are trying to do. But this theory makes the most sense to me, and causes the least amount of character assassination.

• Love 3
(edited)

Eddy claimed that viewers would not need to know anything from the original show to understand Season 7, so that makes me doubt they would do Wish Realm versions.  It would be confusing enough already.   I know people want to believe that Emma et al got their Happily Ever After, but let's be real... their "Happy Beginnings" as seen in the Very Special Montage will last as long as Emma's wedding reception.  Henry will be miserable, Regina/Hook/Rumple will be Cursed, and Emma/Snowing will have met some unknown horrible fate, but don't worry, Lucy will remind you to HOPE.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I've thought this since the very beginning. But my theories are almost always wrong, so I'm apparently very bad at figuring out what the writers are trying to do. But this theory makes the most sense to me, and causes the least amount of character assassination.

This is what I wanted, but I don't think so. I doubt the reboot will be centered on Wishverse characters because A&E love to destroy their original characters way to much for the sake of "drama".

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Woo!

And so it begins...

First script tease: "EXT. FOREST".

Second script tease: "We open on HENRY riding a horse against the backdrop of intrigue and excitement."

Third script tease: "HENRY finds his True Love asleep in a familiar GLASS COFFIN. He opens it, and we find she is in fact a character we all know and love. She is--"

Fourth script tease: "REGINA: Emma, that's not how you use that."

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
(edited)

Script tease for every episode in Season 7.

HENRY: I can't do this.

LUCY: You CAN.  Just BELIEVE.  Have HOPE.  

HENRY: How will I handle this if you're not here.

LUCY: I'll be under a Sleeping Curse at some point this season, so it will be up to you to accidentally TLK me.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

If this was a different type of show, that line has all kinds of possibilities. 

Adam likes to post lines that sound suggestive out of context. Then on the show, it's completely innocent. He does it to tease shippers.

• Love 3
On 6/18/2017 at 2:42 PM, KingOfHearts said:

"We open on HENRY riding a horse against the backdrop of intrigue and excitement."

WTF does a "backdrop of intrigue and excitement" look like?  Sheesh!

(edited)

It looks like Random Messenger We Never See Again warning Aladdin who is with Random Oracle Who We Never Find Out Anything About.  That Season 6 opening sequence sure ended up being significant, eh?  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 6
On 6/18/2017 at 1:42 PM, KingOfHearts said:

First script tease: "EXT. FOREST".

Second script tease: "We open on HENRY riding a horse against the backdrop of intrigue and excitement."

Third script tease: "HENRY finds his True Love asleep in a familiar GLASS COFFIN. He opens it, and we find she is in fact a character we all know and love. She is--"

Fourth script tease: "REGINA: Emma, that's not how you use that."

The linked tweets weren't there by the time I got to the link, and now I've realized that I need clarification because I can't tell the difference between what they actually write for the show and are very proud of and what we write to satirize the terrible writing on this show. Were these actual script teases, or was this a joke about the elements we can pretty much count on being in the show because they can't seem to help themselves and think that being repetitive is clever writing?

REGINA: Emma, that's not how you use that.

If these are real, my guess is that it will have something to do with taking after a baby, since that's something Emma has no experience with (assuming they forget that Emma should still have fake memories of raising Henry herself, as they never indicated that she lost all those memories after the memory spell was broken, and may even have fake memories of raising Henry herself as a princess in the Enchanted Forest) but that Regina did, since Regina is Supermom who nobly and heroically raised the baby Emma rejected. And Emma having a baby to look after provides an excuse for why she can't go on whatever adventure and therefore won't be in the rest of the season. Not that this stopped her parents.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm so sorry, @Shanna Marie. They're not real. We have A&E's voices down better than they know their characters'. Honestly, we could get paid to write the scripts for them, and no one would know the difference. Not sure what that says about us.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'm so sorry, @Shanna Marie. They're not real.

That was what I figured, but then people started discussing them like they were real, so I wondered, and Adam had closed his Twitter page by the time I got to it, so I couldn't verify. The scary thing is, I could really see all those things being in the real scripts and them thinking that it was good that they followed such familiar patterns. For instance, I'll be surprised if the new season doesn't open with someone, probably adult Henry, riding a horse. And if there is a baby Swan-Jones, I would fully expect for Regina to be giving Emma parenting advice.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

That was what I figured, but then people started discussing them like they were real, so I wondered, and Adam had closed his Twitter page by the time I got to it, so I couldn't verify.

Same here. It's hard to tell sarire from A&E's actual writing for the Show. lol

• Love 6
(edited)

I assume if Jennifer Morrison had signed on, we would have seen Emma and Hook not remembering their relationship, and we would spend the season watching them getting together but thwarted like Snow and Charming in Season 1 with lots of conversations with double meaning which would have worked because of the actors' chemistry.  It would once again be following their "formula".  Basically, they would have been writing Season 1 again, except with character changes and minor tweaks.  With that out the window, this new season could be even more of a hot mess than usual.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 6

Someone posted a screen test of a woman auditioning for a role on Once. Not sure if this is actual dialogue or just a dummy script for the audition. If it's real, they really are just doing a gender-swapped version of Season 1. This one is straight out of Hat Trick, so I'm thinking they just borrowed that script for this...

1 hour ago, Kktjones said:

This one is straight out of Hat Trick, so I'm thinking they just borrowed that script for this...

I think so--I hope so... Because otherwise, they're going to be straight-up pathetically plagiarizing themselves. 

• Love 1