Type keyword(s) to search

Season Seven: The Reset Anticipation/Apprehension/Dread Topic

• Start Topic

I liked Zelena much more then Belle too. I just feel that Belle was done dirty. She had no heroic or even noteworthy moments since 6B started (I cant remember any in 6A either but I am sure there had to be something). Zelena at least got to mow the Black Fairy down with her car. 

Emilie had been on the show as a regular since season 2, and the Final Battle was possibly her last episode and they couldn't even throw her in a hope speech? I don't care for Belle or Rumbelle really so in that regard it doesn't  bother me, but for the actress it seems cold. 

As this is not a spoiler, I'm posting here. Jane Espenson tweeted that she had to do a quick rewrite to accommodate a smaller budget (X).

Yes-- minimizing effects shots, removing wardrobe change, etc. normal stuff.

How are the writers going to cope without frequent costume changes for the Evil Queen? lol Also, the CGI is going to get really bad I think. "Normal Stuff".

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

As this is not a spoiler, I'm posting here. Jane Espenson tweeted that she had to do a quick rewrite to accommodate a smaller budget (X).

How are the writers going to cope without frequent costume changes for the Evil Queen? lol Also, the CGI is going to get really bad I think. "Normal Stuff".

Jane just said "too expensive", not that it was to accommodate a smaller budget. Reworking scenes to reduce costs is something every show does and this show has been doing that all along.

I recall seeing a behind the scenes segment back in season 3 or 4 in which Helga Ungurait explained that when a script is finished she sits down with other senior-level people involved in production to go through the script page by page and cost out every scene. She gave some examples of a scene might call for two CGI dragons and they cut it down to one dragon, or they move a scene from outdoors to Granny's diner to eliminate expensive location shooting.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Anna35 said:

She had no heroic or even noteworthy moments since 6B started (I cant remember any in 6A either but I am sure there had to be something). Zelena at least got to mow the Black Fairy down with her car. 

Yeah, Zelena got to knock down the Black Fairy and she gave up her magic to fix what she screwed up so she got a couple of big moments. 

Belle...sprained her ankle on her way to get her son's heart and had to have a rest and stood in the back of scenes involving her son and let Rumple deal with everything. That's really insulting to that character.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Don't forget, Zelena got that big musical number. It made for a good sendoff. Belle didn't get a single scene in the musical episode.

Emilie didn't want to sing so they didn't force her to. She presumably knew when she signed on in season two that Belle was a supporting character whose purpose was to advance Rumple's story. Emilie had a similar role on Lost and sat out all of season 5 back then. It would appear she doesn't mind receiving a steady paycheck without having to do much for it. 

If I were Emilie especially, I would not be very happy with A&E. 

If I were half the cast, past, present and presumably future,  I would not be very happy with A&E.  Locking actors up in contracts while not using them so they can't work.   When they do work its substandard material at best.   They drop actors at the drop of a hat after promising rich and fulfilling storylines.   It's basically #wastepeoplestime from 2012 onwards. 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Delphi said:

If I were half the cast, past, present and presumably future,  I would not be very happy with A&E.  Locking actors up in contracts while not using them so they can't work.   When they do work its substandard material at best.   They drop actors at the drop of a hat after promising rich and fulfilling storylines.   It's basically #wastepeoplestime from 2012 onwards. 

*cough* Michael Socha *cough*

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, orza said:

Emilie didn't want to sing so they didn't force her to. She presumably knew when she signed on in season two that Belle was a supporting character whose purpose was to advance Rumple's story. Emilie had a similar role on Lost and sat out all of season 5 back then. It would appear she doesn't mind receiving a steady paycheck without having to do much for it. 

Possibly she didn't really mind it, though I have read interviews that would seem to suggest otherwise. But we know other actors were promised storylines and were unhappy with signing a regular contract to be either be glorified extras or not appear in so much of the season. Yeah I guess its not the worst problem in the world to have by any means but I can see why it was frustrating for them. There's a difference between realising that your character is supporting and will probably be mainly tied to a or a few particular others and another when you have one small/background scene every couple of weeks and aren't even featured properly in episodes when your character logically should. We do know a lot of them were promised things that never materialised and I think Ruby had more screentime in S1 than S2 (maybe slight exaggeration but not far off ) which is why MO asked to be let go.

My personal frustration with this is that the EPs *knew* this is the way it often went. They knew that they rushed to pin down popular characters/actors from a season so they'd be available and that by next season they'd have different ideas or get the rights to an exciting character and the cycle would go on again. I'm assuming it will happen to some regulars this season as well, though I hope they have the sense to see how gells well with each other first, though given certain "epic" declarations already made, I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Possibly she didn't really mind it, though I have read interviews that would seem to suggest otherwise. But we know other actors were promised storylines and were unhappy with signing a regular contract to be either be glorified extras or not appear in so much of the season. Yeah I guess its not the worst problem in the world to have by any means but I can see why it was frustrating for them. There's a difference between realising that your character is supporting and will probably be mainly tied to a or a few particular others and another when you have one small/background scene every couple of weeks and aren't even featured properly in episodes when your character logically should. We do know a lot of them were promised things that never materialised and I think Ruby had more screentime in S1 than S2 (maybe slight exaggeration but not far off ) which is why MO asked to be let go.

My personal frustration with this is that the EPs *knew* this is the way it often went. They knew that they rushed to pin down popular characters/actors from a season so they'd be available and that by next season they'd have different ideas or get the rights to an exciting character and the cycle would go on again. I'm assuming it will happen to some regulars this season as well, though I hope they have the sense to see how gells well with each other first, though given certain "epic" declarations already made, I'm not holding my breath.

I think the rushing to sign an actor coming in with a built in fan base with no actual plan to use them is the single strongest argument that A&E are terrible showrunners and bosses.

Its beyond frustrating for the actors, they basically signed actors that had numerous opportunities and benched them until they weren't such a hot commodity anymore.  If it were an isolated incident, then ok these things happen.  But it wasn't.  I suspect a number of these actors would be in a better place in their careers now if they hadn't "lucked" into signing onto OUAT.

• Love 7

I suspect several of these new characters will be set aside once the writers get into this new story and figure out which is their favorite new toy. Anyone excited about casting should beware. It's like those people who started watching Game of Thrones because of Sean Bean.

It's nice to have a steady gig as an actor, but if you're not appearing regularly, it can be a huge problem. You need to have your name and face out there for people to see and keep in mind. If you are turning down different projects only to be stuck in a background role with terrible material, that sucks as an actor. Josh Dallas had to turn down Thor 2 to stand around in the background of Once doing nothing. Did he mind? Don't know. Was it detrimental to his career? Possibly. "Name" actors might think a little harder before signing onto Once. Although I suspect this will be its last season and everyone knows it, so the paycheck is probably worth it. It's not like they are locking into six years.

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:45 AM, ParadoxLost said:

I think the rushing to sign an actor coming in with a built in fan base with no actual plan to use them is the single strongest argument that A&E are terrible showrunners and bosses.

Its beyond frustrating for the actors, they basically signed actors that had numerous opportunities and benched them until they weren't such a hot commodity anymore.  If it were an isolated incident, then ok these things happen.  But it wasn't.  I suspect a number of these actors would be in a better place in their careers now if they hadn't "lucked" into signing onto OUAT.

Possibly, especially when the show was a very popular powerhouse and a guest stint brought in pilots and other offers. EdR got a pilot based on S1 Belle which didn't get picked up and only then signed to become a OUAT regular. Then again probably many of the actors were happy to sign *because* it was a powerhouse and it's hard to turn down regular work for the unknown. But yes, people are buzzed about because they appeared on Once and then fade from the memories of the public and casting directors because they're never on screen.

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:47 AM, KAOS Agent said:

I suspect several of these new characters will be set aside once the writers get into this new story and figure out which is their favorite new toy. Anyone excited about casting should beware. It's like those people who started watching Game of Thrones because of Sean Bean.

Almost certainly. Though I think they should maybe have kept their options open on Henry's love until they'd seen how everyone interacted. I hate that they're trying to get people to ship them before we've even seen any footage, I almost hope it crashes and burns, though no disrespect to the actress. I agree that since this will probably be the last season anyone how is shunted aside won't have to worry about being a glorified extra for long and for at least some of them it will be worth it for the paycheck and expanded resume.

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:47 AM, KAOS Agent said:

Josh Dallas had to turn down Thor 2 to stand around in the background of Once doing nothing. Did he mind? Don't know. Was it detrimental to his career? Possibly. "Name" actors might think a little harder before signing onto Once. Although I suspect this will be its last season and everyone knows it, so the paycheck is probably worth it. It's not like they are locking into six years.

But probably better for his family life in the end, so there is that. Charming did have more to do in S2 and whilst Marvel is huge his role would have been tiny, and knowing what Marvel pays anyone who isn't RDJ a couple of OUAT paychecks probably covered the loss. Your point still stands in general though.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Though I think they should maybe have kept their options open on Henry's love until they'd seen how everyone interacted.

Yeah. They should've learned that lesson with the Robin/Regina soul mate thing. Whenever one of their ideas crash and burn, A&E seem to double down on it the following season.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

After watching the trailer, I'm kind of excited to watch the show and see where they're going with the new stories. (Don't hate me.)

Yeah, while I personally think the showrunners should have quit while they were ahead and called it a day after Hook and Emma's wedding, I'm curious as to exactly what they have in mind for this half reboot/half sequel, and I'm trying to keep an open mind about the direction they're taking.  Time will tell.

12 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

After watching the trailer, I'm kind of excited to watch the show and see where they're going with the new stories. (Don't hate me.)

My favourite part of the trailer was the clips of old episodes. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Excited isn't quite the word for me, but definitely intrigued.  Might be nice to have a fresh take on the concept.  

15 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

YOU TRAITOR TO THE CAUSE!

Nah, I'm just kidding. :)

I laughed hard at the pirate becoming a cop (presumably in a new curse). 

Only quibble I had is Regina seemingly being a bartender. I've always had it in my mind that a cursed persona for her would be along the lines of a stay at home housewife. Literally the antithesis of everything Regina is. 

I read that one of the characters showing up is going to be Drizellea, who is one of Cinderella's step sisters. 

I just find that interesting because on Friday, the Disney Channel movie Decendants 2 featured Drizellea's daughter in a major supporting role, so it's interesting to me that Drizellea's stock seems to have risen so much lately. 

Disney seems to have a lot of faith in the movie, since they gave it a five network simulcast and everything. 

I'm ready to give it a new chance, as I would any show (especially since three of my favorite characters will be there).

I'm assuming it will still be heavily under the thumb of Disney, which has never thrilled me. But Carlyle in any incarnation has always been a treat, and if they don't screw up Hook too much, my pleasure candy could be safe, too. Hopefully The writing for Lana, (and all of them) will raise in quality.

but A&E? I dunnnno. They have a ton to make up for.

we shall all see soon enough!

Adam Horowitz‏ @AdamHorowitzLA

Replying to @RhyleeS @Lady_Junky @bellefrenchh  Of course he would have to be more than 10 years older. Pregnancy takes 9 months. Even if enchanted forest.

8:05 AM - 2 Aug 2017

Adam was responding to quotes to his prior comment about Henry being 10 years older.   People then reminded him of all the sped up pregnancies.

He also explained his previous quote "Henry has been the heart of the show... we couldn't love him more... Now we're going to see what that character becomes in a 10-year-older version."

Adam Horowitz‏   @AdamHorowitzLA  Aug 2

Replying to @RhyleeS @Lady_Junky @bellefrenchh   Yes. I know. I wish had been more specific. I was referring to him having a ten year old daughter and the thought came out muddled.

11 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Adam was responding to quotes to his prior comment about Henry being 10 years older.   People then reminded him of all the sped up pregnancies.

He also explained his previous quote "Henry has been the heart of the show... we couldn't love him more... Now we're going to see what that character becomes in a 10-year-older version."

..and yet he tweeted:

Adam Horowitz @AdamHorowitzLA

Replying to @bellefrenchh

We haven't said we're jumping ahead a decade. That's just speculation. Won't confirm or deny! #NoSpoilers

EW article on OUAT (Once Upon a Time could run for 'multiple years,' ). 

Some quotes from the article. 

Dungey called season 7 a “real creative reboot for the show,”

“They’ve taken the DNA of what made Once so special from the beginning, and yet they’ve come up with an entirely new way to tell the stories, which is fantastic,”

Yeah. Very creative and original. Replace Emma with Henry, and Henry with Lucy, substitute one evil step-mother for another, and one cursed town for the next. Hey Presto! It's an Entirely New story.

“They felt that with some of the principal characters, particularly with Snow and Charming, that we had taken those characters on an incredible journey over six seasons and that we had run out of runway a little bit with those stories,” D

The incredible journey included standing around as background scenery and amazing story arcs like Eggnapping. In the meantime, the hangnail Regina got when she was 16 apparently hasn't been explored yet. 

Dungey insists that if the viewers show up, the show could continue on past season 7.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 4

Yeah. Very creative and original. Replace Emma with Henry, and Henry with Lucy, substitute one evil step-mother for another, and one cursed town for the next. Hey Presto! It's an Entirely New story.

Sounds like an unimpressive fanfic.

In the meantime, the hangnail Regina got when she was 16 apparently hasn't been explored yet. 

If only Snow would have learned how to clip nails properly. Instead, she spent the time being a brat to the chamber maid.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

I was thinking about how A&E blew through so much source material already, but they haven't really touched the animal movies/characters.  So why not say the new curse is basically the Animal Kingdom who are now humans.  There's The Lion King, The Jungle Book, Bambi, Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, The Aristocats, Winnie the Pooh, The Rescuers, The Fox and the Hound... I'm sure Henry could find a girlfriend somewhere in there.

I was thinking about how A&E blew through so much source material already, but they haven't really touched the animal movies/characters.  So why not say the new curse is basically the Animal Kingdom who are now humans.  There's The Lion King, The Jungle Book, Bambi, Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, The Aristocats, Winnie the Pooh, The Rescuers, The Fox and the Hound... I'm sure Henry could find a girlfriend somewhere in there.

Shhh. Don't spoil 7B.

I'd be up for seeming more animals-as-humans. The writers sort of touched on it with Robin Hood (who wasn't an animal originally), the Lady and the Tramp cameo in 4x04, and Cruella mentioning Bambi's mother. What if the man who killed Bambi's mother was the Hound's owner from Fox and the Hound? What if Tigger is distant cousins with Shere Khan? Could Madame Medusa be in cahoots with Edgar the butler??

Use obscure Disney characters, writers!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
On 8/3/2017 at 3:32 PM, Camera One said:

That doesn't make any sense either, since Adult Henry would have to be at least 28-30 in order to have a daughter Lucy's age, unless Henry met Lucy's mother and got her pregnant when he was only 14, as he was at the end of Season 6 (no way in hell was Henry 18 at that point!). And we already know that Violet isn't Lucy's mother, since A & E have made it clear that that relationship will have run its course long before Henry leaves Storybrooke at the start of Season 7.  And it doesn't explain how we get Adult Gideon back.

28 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

That doesn't make any sense either, since Adult Henry would have to be at least 28-30 in order to have a daughter Lucy's age, unless Henry met Lucy's mother and got her pregnant when he was only 14, as he was at the end of Season 6 (no way in hell was Henry 18 at that point!). And we already know that Violet isn't Lucy's mother, since A & E have made it clear that that relationship will have run its course long before Henry leaves Storybrooke at the start of Season 7.  And it doesn't explain how we get Adult Gideon back.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense.  On Twitter, after being questioned about (I think) this quote, Adam said he made a mistake when talking and didn't mean 10 years after the Season 6 finale.  Not sure what he did mean, but with him, what else is new... I suppose the most logical guess is 10 years went by between Henry leaving Storybrooke (at 18) and the events we saw in the flashback in the finale.  Which means he got her pregnant almost immediately after leaving town?  That's not very romantic either, though.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

Since we're going to get the story of Henry/Lucy's mom in flashbacks and it will be acted by the adult actor and not Jared (an onscreen initial romance between 17 year old Jared and a 30-something actress would be really off), there must be more time gone by after Henry leaves as a young man than simply the eleven years (gestation should generally be included) represented by Lucy's age. The writers have always failed at math and world building and logic in general, so I wouldn't expect much by way of explanation.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

The writers have always failed at math and world building and logic in general, so I wouldn't expect much by way of explanation.

They haven't even managed to keep Henry's age straight during the first six seasons. He's ten at the beginning of the series, in October, but Mary Margaret has him in her class and says she teaches fourth grade, so he must have turned ten between maybe August (depending on when they start school) and October. Otherwise, he should have been in fifth grade. Then maybe a year goes by during season one, and when he meets Neal in season two, he says he's eleven. 3A took only a week or so, and then there's the missing year, which made him twelve -- and Regina states that he's twelve in 3B. It gets wonky after that. 3B took only about a week (after the missing year). They stated that 4A took two weeks. There's the 6-week gap between 4A and 4B, then maybe a month or two during 4B. 5A happens right after that and takes 2 months or so (the missing 6 weeks, plus a couple of weeks back in Storybrooke). But they say that Henry's 13 during that arc. Another month or so in the Underworld, then maybe a few months during season 6, and then he's 14. Meanwhile, Snowflake, who was born when Henry was 12, is still an infant.

So, Henry's age is never going to make sense, no matter what they do. It would be weirdly consistent with the way they've written his age for him to be in his 30s after ten years go by and also have a 10-year-old daughter who was born when he was in his late 20s. On the upside, now that the have an adult actor, they won't have to worry about fudging his age when the show moves at a glacial pace and he's suddenly five or six years older than his character -- assuming there's more than one season left -- because he's not likely to grow six inches taller and his voice is through changing. However, they're right back there with Lucy. It's a very bad idea to cast children in a show that only covers a couple of weeks in a season. Didn't they learn that lesson on Lost?

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

It's a very bad idea to cast children in a show that only covers a couple of weeks in a season. Didn't they learn that lesson on Lost?

They needed to cast a child for Season 1 to work, but their problem was not writing to explain the aging.  There could have been multitudes of explanations since this show has magic.  "Lost" also could have explained Walt's rapid aging since again - they were on a supernatural island.  

Now, let's see if A&E fall into the exact same traps with Lucy.

1 hour ago, Camera One said:

They needed to cast a child for Season 1 to work, but their problem was not writing to explain the aging.

Or they could have allowed time to pass. Let the show breathe a bit. Season one passed in more or less real time. They could have continued that and not been so far behind in Henry's aging. They didn't have to write most of their arcs taking place in two weeks or less. They didn't have to do drastic cliffhangers at the end of every season so that no time passed between seasons. They also needed to age all the children at the same pace. They can't have Henry age from 12 to 14 while Snowflake, who was born when Henry was 12, is barely sitting up on his own when Henry is 14.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Or they could have allowed time to pass. Let the show breathe a bit. Season one passed in more or less real time. They could have continued that and not been so far behind in Henry's aging. They didn't have to write most of their arcs taking place in two weeks or less. They didn't have to do drastic cliffhangers at the end of every season so that no time passed between seasons. They also needed to age all the children at the same pace. They can't have Henry age from 12 to 14 while Snowflake, who was born when Henry was 12, is barely sitting up on his own when Henry is 14.

I'm going to take this discussion to All-Seasons.

Edited by Camera One

I've got a real conundrum on my hands. I just started a new job, in a new town, and I'm just starting to get to know my co-workers. I just found out that two of them are Once viewers, and they invited me to watch the new season with them later this year. On the one hand, I'm excited to get to know people in a city where I know no one, AND talk Once with some people in person. On the other hand...what if I freak them out with my passionate Once related rants? Or if they start complaining about "Captain Rapist" or how those "lame, stupid" Charmings ruined everything for Perfect Saint Regina, and I have to say something? I'm both nervous and excited!

• Love 9

I think you need to find out if they are intense fans or not, and then slowly let loose as you see fit. You don't want to scare them off by revealing the depth of your er...passion right off the bat. haha

• Love 6

So the actors have clearly been told that they are not allowed to tease anything about S7. I'm just completely baffled as to what A&E think they are accomplishing with this "no spoilers" mantra. I understand wanting to preserve their beloved "twists" and not wanting to give everything away, but you still have to give people a reason to watch. Today's SF con was full of CaptainSwan and Rumbelle fans pretty much looking for a reason to keep watching. Couldn't they let them say something? Anything? Even something like "I think you'll be really happy to see what Emma & Hook are up to in 4 years and how they deal with Henry wanting to strike out on his own." Or "Henry comes to them looking for help and after this episode you'll understand how Hook ends up going with him and why Emma isn't there." I don't know - I just don't get it at all. This isn't a just another season - they lost their main character and several other original/popular characters!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

On the one hand, I'm excited to get to know people in a city where I know no one, AND talk Once with some people in person. On the other hand...what if I freak them out with my passionate Once related rants? Or if they start complaining about "Captain Rapist" or how those "lame, stupid" Charmings ruined everything for Perfect Saint Regina, and I have to say something? I'm both nervous and excited!

I'd say let them do most of the talking at first so you can kind of sound them out. Just smile and nod. Then when you get a sense of them, you can start offering your own opinions. If they're the sort who hold opposite opinions to you and are really strident about it, then you can be noncommittal in discussions at work, do more smiling and nodding, and discuss the non-contentious parts of things while also having very important plans for Friday nights that mean you can't join their viewing parties. But the nice thing about the new season is that a lot of the old controversies have become moot points. Emma's gone, so there's no SwanQueen or Captain Swan. If Hook isn't busting up SwanQueen, then maybe the more intense SwanQueeners are less likely to care about what he's doing. Belle's gone, which limits Rumpbelle. With the Charmings gone, there's no side to pick on the Regina vs. Charmings. Regina won't have her memories in the present, so there's no concern about whether or not she was really redeemed. I'm sure people will find new things to fight about, and there's always the chance that there will be hate the reboot vs. love the reboot factions, but if you're discussing new episodes, the old factions no longer really apply.

Plus, I have to say that I've never met a rabid SwanQueener in real life -- and I've even done convention panels about this show. There are a few people who like Regina, mostly on the Evil Queen side because they enjoy the costumes and camp. Mostly the reaction I get from people when I bring up the show is some gushing over Hook and some complaint about Snow being wimpified in season 2. Bringing up the concept of SwanQueen gets a puzzled look and "huh?" So unless you've run into a rare pocket, you should be safe.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Warning signs are offering you lasagna

I have to be EXTRA careful with that one. As we all know, ignoring someone's lasagna means they now have the moral right to murder you and everyone you know and love!

• Love 9
On 8/17/2017 at 8:54 AM, Camera One said:

"Lost" also could have explained Walt's rapid aging since again - they were on a supernatural island.  

These idiots said at the end of Season 1 that the island was NOT supernatural and everything had a reasonable explanation...

12 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I've got a real conundrum on my hands. for Perfect Saint Regina, and I have to say something? I'm both nervous and excited!

I had a reply but @Shanna Marie wrote it better.

• Love 1
On 8/19/2017 at 9:50 PM, Shanna Marie said:

But the nice thing about the new season is that a lot of the old controversies have become moot points. Emma's gone, so there's no SwanQueen or Captain Swan. If Hook isn't busting up SwanQueen, then maybe the more intense SwanQueeners are less likely to care about what he's doing.

Plus, I have to say that I've never met a rabid SwanQueener in real life -- and I've even done convention panels about this show. There are a few people who like Regina, mostly on the Evil Queen side because they enjoy the costumes and camp. Mostly the reaction I get from people when I bring up the show is some gushing over Hook and some complaint about Snow being wimpified in season 2. Bringing up the concept of SwanQueen gets a puzzled look and "huh?" So unless you've run into a rare pocket, you should be safe.

Maybe not so much a 'rare pocket' as a gay pocket. The reaction I mostly get from people is 'OMG Regina and Emma are so good together...why didn't the writers see what was right in front of their face...their chemistry is off the charts...the light and the dark, how perfect...etc. And that Robin sucks. :) 

I'm more interested in Hook now than I have been in a long time. For the character himself, separate from Captain Swan, I think it'll be refreshing to see the swagger and independence Hook had when he was first introduced. I didn't like him fawning all over Emma like a lovesick teenager; I don't think it fit who he was supposed to be. There are many ways to be in love, and to show that love, without turning into a bland version of the person he used to be.

As someone who has loved SwanQueen since Season 1, I actually feel a slight sense of relief that Emma will no longer be on the show. What used to be so enjoyable has morphed into something decidedly not enjoyable.  Maybe Season 7 can restore some of that. (Doubtful, but hey, one can hope.)

I'm trying to muster up some enthusiasm to watch since I found out a good friend watches OUAT and is really excited about the redo of S1 since they loved that season and how potentially interesting some of the spoilers are. I know that there are in general more (in some cases scarily for me) positive corners of the fandom for next season but there's nothing that really makes me want to watch. I hope they enjoy it though.

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:11 PM, asabovesobelow said:

Maybe not so much a 'rare pocket' as a gay pocket. The reaction I mostly get from people is 'OMG Regina and Emma are so good together...why didn't the writers see what was right in front of their face...their chemistry is off the charts...the light and the dark, how perfect...etc. And that Robin sucks. :) 

I think they saw it, or at least saw that a loud group of fans liked them together, they were just never going to put those two in a relationship and if they had I think it would have been a shit show TBH. But they certainly did use them together in a lot of stories. I guess it might be interesting to see how they handle Regina when they no longer have Emma and Snow as her punching bag.

• Love 3

I would feel mellower toward the reboot if it were not for Hook being in it. I like Colin, and don't begrudge him his job, but I really don't think Hook should have been part of the reboot. If it had been Hook from an alternate-realm, or just in flashbacks I wouldn't mind. It's pissing me off that he and Emma are separated, and we will never get the satisfaction of seeing them reunited and happy together (whether Emma is killed-off or not). 

Even Rumple (w/o Belle and Gideon) doesn't make sense with where they left the character at the end of Season 6. The writers will likely make Rumple backslide again and again in the reboot. His character has way outlasted any potential for interesting stories. His story-lines have had some of the worst retreads this Show has produced. 

Of all the original main cast, it makes sense for Regina to be in the reboot for the sake of Henry, as he is her main emotional and personal tie. Plus, she could even get a LI that doesn't die this time. And to play off her, Zelena should have been in the reboot. Zelena had a reasonably decent arc in Season 6, and should have continued on. 

• Love 5

Yeah, the sad thing for me is that by including Colin in S7, they reduced the likelihood that I'll continue watching (even tho he plays my favorite character). I don't want to see him separated from his wife and everyone else. I don't want to see him sad and alone - or even worse, cursed and in an adulterous relationship with someone else. If this reboot had centered around Henry and had brought Regina along (and even Zelena), I might be more open to giving it a chance. As it is, I'm not even sure I'll watch 7x02 as I can't think of a single way to give closure to Emma's character that would be the least bit satisfying...

• Love 9

Of all the original main cast, it makes sense for Regina to be in the reboot for the sake of Henry, as he is her main emotional and personal tie. Plus, she could even get a LI that doesn't die this time. And to play off her, Zelena should have been in the reboot. Zelena had a reasonably decent arc in Season 6, and should have continued on. 

Okay, you know it's bad when a Regina/Zelena/Henry reboot would be more palatable. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Okay, you know it's bad when a Regina/Zelena/Henry reboot would be more palatable. 

IF these writers could give us scenes were the sisters were acting like sisters, and Zelena didn't kow-tow to Regina, they could be fun together.  "So, are we Evil or Wicked today?" "We were Wicked yesterday; today is your turn!"