Type keyword(s) to search

Season Seven: The Reset Anticipation/Apprehension/Dread Topic

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Oops I missed that part!

Yeah, A&E said it will be an epic romance ala his grandparents Snow and Charming.

4 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

LOL Well she could be his step-daughter then? She just doesn't look like older Henry at all.

That only works if he's lost his memory in the scene where she finds him in Seattle and introduces herself. I'm leaning toward that scene being chronologically before the flashbacks where they're in the Enchanted Forest together. Not 100%, though.

On 5/23/2017 at 8:42 AM, CCTC said:

There might not be another sentence that could be written that would make me balk more at watching the next season.

Lucy kicks a ball which hits Regina in the shin, infuriating her to the point of burning villages down to get her revenge!

Did I win????

(edited)

I think I must be late to the party, but Channing Dungey said there would be a new curse in S7, and that Regina, Hook, and Rumple would return with new identities in a new city. (Source) So much for the Final Curse. Is there an entire cursed Seattle now? Is Adult!Henry cursed? That's just weird. On the bright side, I'd love to see Cursed!Regina and Cursed!Hook.

Edited by KingOfHearts
(edited)

From the article:

After six seasons, the residents of the Enchanted Forest face their greatest challenge yet

Yes, after the FINAL battle.  Happy beginnings indeed... beginning of The End, right?

Along the way, fairy tale characters new and old search for true love, find adventure and

once again take sides in the struggle of good against evil, as classic tales are once more twisted and reimagined.

"Once again", "Once more"... aka wash, rinse, repeat.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4
(edited)

"Once again", "Once more"... aka wash, rinse, repeat.

I love how every single person knows how repetitive this show is. The writers, the fans, the media outlets, and the cast all know it. 

Let's hype it up on Twitter with #YetAnotherCurse.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I plan to watch the premiere. If I like what I see and it hooks me like the pilot did I probably will watch. I don't want to lose hope just yet.

there's every chance that these new cursed identities for the three returning characters could only be temporary. At least that's what I hope.

I have a cautious thought that Robert Carlyle renewed his contract because A&E promised him to write something good for him so he won't be so bored and miserable anymore.  This thought and Robert's hopes will be beaten out of us as season 7 proceeds but I am sure this will be the last season so maybe we can ride it out...

5 hours ago, Arnella said:

I have a cautious thought that Robert Carlyle renewed his contract because A&E promised him to write something good for him so he won't be so bored and miserable anymore.  This thought and Robert's hopes will be beaten out of us as season 7 proceeds but I am sure this will be the last season so maybe we can ride it out...

Honestly, it sounded like the only reason Robert stayed was because his kids love Vancouver.

A&E promises are meaningless. I'm sure the actors know that as well as the fans by now.

• Love 4
(edited)

I looked a little bit the new older and hotter henry ( Andrew) and saw his walking dead scenes ( he is kinda leader in a auspice of some kind). Not bad!

But, still why I should bother with this new " epic romance" ( even if the actors have good chemistry) when I considered what A and E done with every single of their previous epic romance! they suffered from bad writing, bad soap trope or being sidelining, even cs.

The rest look like a  cheap copy of season 1. there show I am proud to watch ( handmaid tale) and there Once! fortunately, the hook scenes and others things that catch my eyes will be up to youtube.

Edited by maryle
wrong show
  • Love 2

They're going to need a new Granny's in Seattle.  Maybe Hook will be the owner of Cap'n Fish N Chips, Henry's favorite lunch place, with his favorite waitress Gina, and the creepy guy who's always sitting in the corner booth, Mr. Silver.  

If Henry doesn't actually have a daughter, why would he let Lucy stick around?  

• Love 2

Granny's will own a Starbucks franchise. Henry will drive up to Steveston, BC, then wonder why the town looks exactly like Storybrooke. We'll get a retelling of Sleepless in Seattle, with Hook, Regina, and Henry in the main roles. Once the curse breaks, Regina and Hook will break up and angst. 

I have spent a few years complaining about A&E's writing here. I just gushed over how good the writing regarding plot, character development, relationships even while throwing in wild supernatural elements AND maintaining a procedural cop show over on the Lucifer forum.  It felt really good.  {sigh}

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Arnella said:

It felt really good.  {sigh}

Same here! Lucifer is kind of the opposite of this show, which started out really well with a likable ensemble and an interesting mix of supernatural elements and cop show elements, which all got lost along the way to melodrama and pointless "twist", while Lucifer (especially in the second season) doubled down on creating a likable supporting cast, and blending the supernatural stuff with the cop stuff, and its worked out super well. Honestly, if I wasn't so damn invested in Once at this point, I wouldn't bother with the next season. There are other, better shows I can spend my time with.

• Love 2

Honestly,  I just can't quit this show.  The cast deserves all the awards because I'm convinced that this show would have been over long ago if not for the quality of most of the actors. It is because of them that I'm so attached to these characters.

• Love 6
On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:19 PM, Souris said:

Honestly, it sounded like the only reason Robert stayed was because his kids love Vancouver.

A&E promises are meaningless. I'm sure the actors know that as well as the fans by now.

Robert Carlyle has been lucky in this regard. He originally moved his family out to BC to do Stargate Universe, a franchise which had never failed to deliver less than 5 seasons. SGU got cancelled in two and he immediately got OUAT. I do think he could get at job on one or other of the many shows that are currently filming in Vancouver, but unless a ratings miracle happens or ABC sinks to even worse depths S7 will probably be the final season, so why not pick up a pay check, especially if the family loves it there and it hasn't stopped him doing things like T2 etc.

Re Lucifer. I have my issues with it and don't like "Mum" all that much, but so far its 2nd season has been great. Seriously, Kevin Alejandro has a 2nd season of a show and his character actually evolved! They drew on things that worked and discarded things that didn't.  Once also did some of that but the "Always Regina, All the time" (even when she's an admitted unrepentant mass murderer who isn't even attempting to change  over and over again. Sigh.

It's not a "modern retelling" of fairytales or there would have been much less emphasis on TLK and "Magic" etc, the most modern thing about it was that ABC had an awful season and so needed to renew a veteran show (in order to send it to Friday).

I think actors probably know before fans do that EP's promises are meaningless unless they themselves have some kind of clout. "Oh, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, we are going to do XYZ for your character this season.......oh well XYZ character and ABC pairing tested through the roof and is what the network thinks will get better ratings, but don't worry, you will still have the C or D plot every episode....

• Love 2
6 hours ago, OnceUponAJen said:

Honestly,  I just can't quit this show.  The cast deserves all the awards because I'm convinced that this show would have been over long ago if not for the quality of most of the actors. It is because of them that I'm so attached to these characters.

A&E are positive you'll stay to watch 22 episodes to get to that one scene of Emma.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:38 PM, maryle said:

I looked a little bit the new older and hotter henry ( Andrew) and saw his walking dead scenes ( he is kinda leader in a auspice of some kind). Not bad!

OK.  So you have clearly not seen much of him in the Walking Dead because otherwise all you would be able to say is

Spoiler

But he ate Bob.

The more I think about it, the more I think I would be more enthused about the show returning if they had fired everyone and started over with new characters and fairy tales with no baggage.  But then I remember that we still have these writers.  And they already burned through most of the fairy tales they could build a show around.

I am not thrilled that they are going into some fairy tale future with an epic romance entirely of their own invention.

• Love 4

I saw that Lana and Colin will both be U.S. cons this weekend and next. Now is definitely the time that A&E should be leveraging them to build excitement for S7. I think there are a lot of people on the fence that need some convincing. Even if they don't have the details on the season, they need to get out there with something positive. Whether it's teasing the cursed personas, the new locale/town, adult Henry's love interest, something! 

I know a lot of people are asking Adam to confirm that S7 won't mess up the happy ending we saw in the S6 finale, but I honestly don't think there's any way to do that. It's going to be an entire season of Hook, Regina, and Rumple without their loved ones (well, I guess Regina will have Henry & Lucy?), so there's really no way to put a positive spin on that. So, they need to start getting people excited for what they will see in S7. If they don't start soon, they will lose the rest of their already-dwindling audience.

• Love 2

The more I think about it, the more I think I would be more enthused about the show returning if they had fired everyone and started over with new characters and fairy tales with no baggage.  But then I remember that we still have these writers.  And they already burned through most of the fairy tales they could build a show around.

This would be a better scenario for A&E. They always do better with new characters that have backstories to be revealed.

Adam is so adamantly #nospoilers that he won't even confirm on twitter that they are still filming somewhere in the greater Vancouver area. Even though canadagraphs already knows they are filming up there from other contacts.

Obviously they won't be filming in Stevenson but he could confirm they are still based in Van.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kktjones said:

I know a lot of people are asking Adam to confirm that S7 won't mess up the happy ending we saw in the S6 finale, but I honestly don't think there's any way to do that.

There absolutely is. I've thought of several ways, without putting much thought into it, that wouldn't mess things up permanently or even much. But A&E obviously won't go that route, since Eddy basically confirmed they'd be destroying the happy endings. They don't care about the fans or the characters or preserving their happiness. They just want Shocking! Surprises! And Dramaz! And they're certainly not going to put much thought into it.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:08 PM, Featherhat said:

Seriously, Kevin Alejandro has a 2nd season of a show and his character actually evolved! They drew on things that worked and discarded things that didn't.

I'm just so amazed at how much better season 2 of Lucifer was, compared to season 2. I actually did like season 1, but it had some serious issues, especially with having a rather underdeveloped supporting cast. The second season took what worked (like the magic meets reality stuff) and ran with it, and fixed what didn't work (more focus on the supporting cast) and it lead to a much better show. Like, I hated Dan in season 1 and just wanted him to get killed off, but in season 2, I loved what they did with him, and cant imagine the show without him. Its what Once really should have done with its supporting cast a million times. Damn it Once, you could do it, but you choose not to!

• Love 3
(edited)

Maybe Lucy is the Pen's daughter.  Or Henry turned The Pen into a human.  

So Henry's true love is an inkwell or an eraser.  Sounds more appropriate for his character anyway.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 8
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Maybe Lucy is the Pen's daughter.  Or Henry turned The Pen into a human.  

Why do I feel like this is exactly what's going to happen? Her name shall be Penny.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

I can't totally see something like this happening. Snow's great great great grandmother was an evil witch who cursed this poor girl into becoming a magical pen after she was caught stealing apples from the Royal Orchard to survive. That's why Snow's downfall was apples. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Ooh... The Blue Fairy will turn her into a REAL GIRL in the series finale, and Henry and his True Love adopt her.  But not before she's accidentally sent off to The Foster Care System just like her Step-Grandma Emma!  

11 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

I can't totally see something like this happening. Snow's great great great grandmother was an evil witch who cursed this poor girl into becoming a magical pen after she was caught stealing apples from the Royal Orchard to survive. That's why Snow's downfall was apples. 

Perhaps we're overthinking this, and Lucy IS an Apple?  The Savior Apple, actually.  Hopefully she won't use The Magical Garden Shears to cut away her Destiny.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

If Lucy or Henry's True Love (Penny) is the Pen, that means Henry killed his future wife or daughter in 4B. Good job, Henry.

Have you forgotten the cardinal lesson of this show?  It's not true friendship or true love unless you try to kill them (or their family members, or both) first.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

Just not between Emma & Hook, of course ;)

Goes without saying. :-p

Adult Henry is chewing on his magic pen as he ponders how to spell "hope" (he skipped most of his lessons in school). Suddenly, there's a bright flash of light, and a young woman in sitting on his desk with dark blue tattoos all over her body and er...chew marks on her arm. His True Love for his magic pen broke the Curse on the young girl cursed by Snow's great great great, etc..

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Camera One said:

Let me guess... the new season will begin with a hero on a galloping horse.

But this time it's Henry on the horse! Oh wait. That was the 6B premiere.

Henry is going to TLK a pen. That doesn't sound too far fetched on this show.

• Love 1

I'm trying to think of any fairy tale left, since they'll probably start with an iconic fairy tale moment.  Problem is they've already burned through most of them.  Adult Henry will gallop to... surely, not another Sleeping Curse.  There are already two Sleeping Beauties.  They can't do Cinderella.  I suppose they could do Disney's Rapunzel properly and make him Flynn Rider, but that story doesn't really have an iconic "moment" except when he calls her to let her hair down.  Maybe Henry's love interest would gallop in on a horse and kiss a frog, who turns into Adult Henry?  Maybe A&E are keeping everything close to their chest, since the big announcement will be the Big Baddie and whatever fairy tale they're going to do with Henry and his true love.  But again, I can't see any big stories left except The Lion King.  

• Love 1

Will the flashbacks on Once Upon a Time next season show what’s happened over the last decade? — Hope
I’d put good money on the flashbacks filling in some of those blanks, but considering several of the characters that will be returning — Hook and Rumple, among them — have been around for quite a long time, the series could potentially flash back even further than that. “That’s one of the great advantages of having characters who can be hundreds of years old, we can span different eras and do many different things,” EP Adam Horowitz says.

Just when I thought I couldn't be less interested in Season 7, Adam comes up with this quote. Sorry, but after the horrible flashbacks and retcons we've suffered through the last couple seasons, the last thing I want to do is revisit the distant past again. Is anyone interested in seeing Hook as a murdering pirate again? Watching Rumple reign as the Dark One? Witnessing the Evil Queen ripping hearts? It's a hard pass for me. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kktjones said:

Is anyone interested in seeing Hook as a murdering pirate again? 

Not a "murdering" pirate, but yes, I would like to see more of him in his pirate days, or pre-pirate days. He was more interesting and spunky then. I think that once he was on his revenge path, he didn't care who he hurt. But maybe before Milah, he was a kinder, more gentler, pirate. :)

• Love 1

I would watch an episode with a flashback to Captain Jones and Milah. With JMo gone, there is a chance for them to delve into Hook's relationship with Milah.

The present day quest would be about rescuing Milah from the Lost Souls river.

But knowing these writers, they'll probably paint Milah as enjoying the more gruesome aspects of a pirate life. And probably find a way to kill her for the third time.

3 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

I would watch an episode with a flashback to Captain Jones and Milah.

I was kind of thinking this too.  But then again....I just think it would be weird knowing that 'in the present' Hook and Emma are married.  So, not sure I'd enjoy that so much.  

In addition to killing Milah again, they'll probably find away to tarnish Emma and Hook too.

• Love 1

For Hook flashbacks, I'd like to see the era immediately after Liam's death, his slide from the angry naval officer splitting from the navy and going rogue after the king's betrayal and plotting a one-ship war to the full-on pirate who met Milah in a tavern. Though I guess that slide is less dramatic now that they've told us he always struggled with darkness and was a drunk before he had a temporary interlude as a good man.

I also wouldn't mind seeing some more childhood flashbacks. That actor has been very good in Westworld, but I don't know how busy he's likely to be in Westworld going forward, depending on what was really happening in that finale.

• Love 3

With Rumple, I guess they could do how he met Milah, their courting, how he left the spinning sisters, and then the in between years - how he had a falling out with Gideon and Belle.  With Regina, they could still do the years before she met Snow, and all the lonely times she had during the Bandit Snow years.

The flashbacks will no doubt first and foremost serve as reasons why Hook, Rumple and Regina know Frollo, Governor Radcliffe, Scar, Mother Gothel, the villain in Moana, Darth Vader, Dumbo's Circus Ringleader, etc.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Souris said:

Hook probably killed Bambi's mother.

And Cruella wore her in the Underworld. So now Hook has to resurrect her so he won't be the man who murdered Bambi's mother any more.

With Rumple, I guess they could do how he met Milah, their courting, how he left the spinning sisters, and then the in between years - how he had a falling out with Gideon and Belle.  With Regina, they could still do the years before she met Snow, and all the lonely times she had during the Bandit Snow years.

For Hook flashbacks, I'd like to see the era immediately after Liam's death, his slide from the angry naval officer splitting from the navy and going rogue after the king's betrayal and plotting a one-ship war to the full-on pirate who met Milah in a tavern. Though I guess that slide is less dramatic now that they've told us he always struggled with darkness and was a drunk before he had a temporary interlude as a good man.

But there's still so much to explore in the Evil Queen era!! We need to see Regina slaughter more villagers on her quest to get revenge against Snow. Only this time - Snow won't there, so it will be unadulterated atrocities! Woohoo!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

But there's still so much to explore in the Evil Queen era!! We need to see Regina slaughter more villagers on her quest to get revenge against Snow. Only this time - Snow won't there, so it will be unadulterated atrocities! Woohoo!

Great idea.  I think Regina might have met a peasant during her Reign of Terror but felt sorry for her because the peasant's mother treated her daughter just like Cora did.  Regina might have turned her life around then but off-camera, Snow tells the peasant girl all these lies about Regina being "evil", and the peasant girl rejects her.  Cue the sad music as Regina watches the villagers being pursued by Black Knights in the midst of flames as the village burns.  

Remember there was that flashback in Season 6 where Regina is hunting Snow who supposedly went into a hut, but there was a dummy inside and Snow had disappeared?  They were probably practising how to write a flashback with no Snow.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

Remember there was that flashback in Season 6 where Regina is hunting Snow who supposedly went into a hut, but there was a dummy inside and Snow had disappeared?  They were probably practising how to write a flashback with no Snow.

Remember that episode with the horse ribbons? Snow was just a stunt double. Think of the possibilities!

• Love 1
On 6/6/2017 at 7:15 PM, Camera One said:

I suppose they could do Disney's Rapunzel properly and make him Flynn Rider, but that story doesn't really have an iconic "moment" except when he calls her to let her hair down.

That might run them afoul of Tangled Ever After, now running on the Disney Channel.

On 2017-6-10 at 5:02 AM, Rumsy4 said:

I would watch an episode with a flashback to Captain Jones and Milah. With JMo gone, there is a chance for them to delve into Hook's relationship with Milah.

I'd rather watch literally anything else

4 minutes ago, superloislane said:

I'd rather watch literally anything else

Same. As a huge fan of Emma & Hook, it would be weird to see him on screen with another woman. And as much as I love Hook - he's by far my favorite character - I've learned to be careful what you wish for in terms of flashbacks. His "Dark Waters" episode with Nemo wasn't bad, but Swan Song and A Murder Most Foul have completely turned me off from wanting to see these writers revisit his past in any way. The only period I would be somewhat interested in would be the pre-Hook days when he's first becoming a pirate. 

On a different note, another con passed this weekend and again Colin & Lana had very little to share about Season 7. I'm surprised they aren't taking advantage of these opportunities to get people interested in what's to come (and also to allay fears about "ruining" the CS story and other happy endings). But then A&E are not known for their promotional prowess.

• Love 5

I wonder how they're going to handle the time jump. They're a few years back in our past now because the show was moving more slowly than real time, but they'll be at the very least six years in the future (if they're doing a 10-year jump). So, are they going to try to project American society into the future, or is it all going to be set in whatever curse bubble and the Enchanted Forest?