Type keyword(s) to search

Season Seven: The Reset Anticipation/Apprehension/Dread Topic

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Hmm... maybe the apartment complex where all the Cursed personalities live.  Lower budget if everyone is in a single building.

That is exactly what I was thinking and posted on tumblr minutes ago. lol

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Camera One said:

Hmm... maybe the apartment complex where all the Cursed personalities live.  Lower budget if everyone is in a single building.

Wouldnt that steal a little to deliberately from "Fables," as werent they all in an condo/apt in New York? So sad that a comic had more more character depth then this show but....

If they are going to go all apartment complex, they might as well go full-blown Melrose Place at this point.  Where the writing is at this point, Melrose probably had more lucid plots, had more three-dimensional characters,  and was less plot-driven.  Or if they wanted to go a different direction with everyone living in the same complex, they could model the reboot after  (more obscure reference) 227.

• Love 1

227 is an obscure reference? Damn  I'm old. 

17 hours ago, Camera One said:

We're all beginning to think like A&E.  Check us into the psychiatric ward please.

To be fair, they're pretty predictable so this just proves you've been paying attention. 

If the "Hyperion Heights" is an apartment building/complex, then they're borrowing from Angel yet again, since the Hyperion was the haunted/cursed hotel where Angel and some of the other characters lived and had their headquarters in seasons 2-4.

19 hours ago, Camera One said:

Lol, this is exactly what I thought after reading the title. 

The actors have already read the script for the premiere. Colin has twitted a weird gif about it (I'm on mobile so I can't link it).

First spoiler of the season here. It's about Henry's wife. 

Spoiler

It seems Henry is going to marry her mother.

The character sounds incredibly similar to Emma.

(edited)

HYPERION APARTMENT

HENRY: Look kid, I don't have time.  Tell me which unit you live in and I will take you back there.

ELEVATOR OPENS.  WOMAN AND MAN EXITS.

WOMAN: This poor creature was left abandoned by his mother.  I couldn't just leave him on the streets.  I want to give him HIS BEST CHANCE.

MAN: Well, wild animals are not allowed here.  I'm going to report you to strata council tonight to get you EVICTED.

HENRY AND LUCY ENTER ELEVATOR AND PRESS DOWN BUTTON

LUCY: That woman, she's Pocahontas!  You've GOT to help her.  See, here!  She's in my book.

HENRY: You and your book!  And who's the man?  Governor Radcliffe?

LUCY: No, he's Mr. Banks.  He's unhappy because he's separated from his children.  You've got to help them, Dad!  You've got to bring back their happy endings!

ELEVATOR STOPS.  DOOR OPENS.  OUR JAWS DROP WHEN WE REALIZE IT'S THE FRICK'IN EVIL QUEEN, OR AS SHE'S KNOWN HERE, GINA THE CLEANING LADY!

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Camera One said:

GINA THE CLEANING LADY!

I've been waiting for a reason to watch, and now you've got my attention ;)

I could actually see it playing out like this. And I think the apartment building setting sounds plausible as they will likely primarily use sets to keep costs low...

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

If the "Hyperion Heights" is an apartment building/complex, then they're borrowing from Angel yet again, since the Hyperion was the haunted/cursed hotel where Angel and some of the other characters lived and had their headquarters in seasons 2-4.

Hyperion is the street address of the studio Disney was in when they made Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. 

They've used it for Disney subsidiaries and various ventures over the years.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Camera One said:

OUR JAWS DROP WHEN WE REALIZE IT'S THE FRICK'IN EVIL QUEEN, OR AS SHE'S KNOWN HERE, GINA THE CLEANING LADY!

Nah, Regina would be living in the penthouse. But she's an underdog because the villain ousted her from the residents association board and stole her reserved parking space. And her private elevator is broken, so she has to use the regular elevators with everyone else. Regina always gets the short end of the stick.

• Love 3
(edited)

And I'm sure Frasier Crane lives in the same apartment building. Why else would it be in Seattle? Why Seattle?!

WHEN WE REALIZE IT'S THE FRICK'IN EVIL QUEEN, OR AS SHE'S KNOWN HERE, GINA THE CLEANING LADY!

With a thick Russian accent and a beauty mark, no doubt.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

And I'm sure Frasier Crane lives in the same apartment building. Why else would it be in Seattle? Why Seattle?!

He and Regina would have a running feud over running the building. Both would consider themselves victims while living in luxury apartments.

If they're cursed and in Seattle, did someone cast a curse to bring everyone from Maine to Seattle, or did they undo the curse, go back to the Enchanted Forest, and then someone cast a new curse to bring them to Seattle? Probably the latter, assuming Henry's babymama is a fairy tale character not currently in Storybrooke.

It's funny how the Dark Curse was supposed to be this horrible thing that couldn't really be cast and went for centuries going unused, and it's been cast how many times in the past few years?

• Love 2

How can they be in Seattle in the LWOM? Don't get me wrong, I would love less of an emphasis on magic, or at least some rules instead of plot contrivance..but these writers can't live without a quick fix of magic.

I thought I hated Henry as a kid...I think I will hate him even more as an adult..all I can see is Gareth!

• Love 1

Saw that Eduardo Castro has announced he's leaving the show. They've hired the Pushing Daisies costume director to replace him. Should be interesting. New guy is an Emmy winner so they aren't skimping on costumes even with the change. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sharky said:

Saw that Eduardo Castro has announced he's leaving the show. They've hired the Pushing Daisies costume director to replace him. Should be interesting.

I love the Pushing Daisies costumes. I wonder if the new costuming will still be so boob-centric. Just looking at the first five or so episodes, and it's quite clear that someone involved with the show has a serious breast fetish. Either it's the costume designer or someone who was giving the costume designer direction. It's like the fairies, in particular, carry their powers in their breasts. Really, who imagines the way storybook fairies should be dressed and thinks "Giant boobs! Pushed up to her neck! With a plunging neckline for serious cleavage!"

It also makes me wonder if the new version of Hook will be stuck in the same-ish black leather -- again, was that lack of imagination by Eduardo Castro, or was he following orders?

• Love 3

again, was that lack of imagination by Eduardo Castro, or was he following orders?

This is pure speculation, but I'd have to guess it was A&E. They made a comment about how they wanted to keep Henry's wardrobe the same, and that costuming kept wanting to change it. I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same case for Hook.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Either it's the costume designer or someone who was giving the costume designer direction.

Well, according to Elizabeth Mitchell:

TVLINE | That said, he might wish that you were a bit more clothed.
I do have to say there have been a number of people in my family who have been like, “Are you cold?” It’s very interesting, because when the designer came up with the second dress, I said, “That looks lower[-cut] than the first dress,” and he goes, “Yeah, apparently we’ve got to show ‘the girls.'” My best friend sent in a list of names that she felt we should name them. I don’t know that it matters to [my son], although every once in a while he’ll be like, “Mom, could you please look more like a mom?” So, the other day I was wearing sweats and he’s like, “That’s much better.”

http://tvline.com/2014/11/13/once-upon-a-time-season-4-preview-elizabeth-mitchell-snow-queen-emma-elsa/

(edited)

I think some of the excessive cleavage in the fairies was a bit of a fluke. Keegan Connor Tracy was breastfeeding at the time the Pilot was filmed and she's talked about how she felt really exposed there since she's obviously normally not that big. Eduardo Castro probably wasn't thinking about this when he originally planned the costume.

That said, I don't see Seattle lending itself to particularly interesting clothing. I hope they at least let Hook's modern wardrobe expand beyond skinny jeans and leather.

Edited by KAOS Agent

The only thing intriguing to me is "the new epic love story" between Henry and the mother but I hated that the description of the probable female new lead is basically a copy of Emma!

Without even any subtlety about it! I still have a open mind for the character and actress but they should have go for a different personality with they don't want people to say they just repeat season 1.

Didn't liked the neither." we will heard of the characters( not longer there )once in a while. "

As someone who will watch whole episode when somes original cast will be there not impressed by the admission that some of them won't probably be back!

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, maryle said:

0Didn't liked the neither." we will heard of the characters( not longer there )once in a while. "

As someone who will watch whole episode when somes original cast will be there not impressed by the admission that some of them won't probably be back!

Sneak Peek Season 7 Episode 5.  Flashback to the day of Emma's Wedding.

REGINA walks out of Emma's house onto the front landing.

HOOK: Is Emma all ready?

REGINA: It's for me to know and you to find out.  It's not lucky for the bride to see the groom on the wedding day you know.  

HOOK: Can I tell you a secret?  I saw her accidentally earlier.  Do you think something bad will happen in the future because of it?

REGINA: I don't know... magic works in mysterious ways.

REGINA (yells): Henry!  We need to leave for the random rooftop!  Are you ready yet?

REGINA (yells): Zelena!  We need to go!  Are you ready yet?

RUMPLE comes out of Emma's house.

RUMPLE: I'm sorry I won't be able to attend the wedding since I backstabbed you all and you will all be Cursed in 2 hours.  

HOOK: It's Emma you need to apologize to.

RUMPLE: I already spoke to Emma and Snow.  They were washing dishes at the KITCHEN SINK.

(off screen female voice with an Australian accent from behind the front hedges) Rumple?  Are you here?

RUMPLE (yells): BELLE!  I'll be down in a minute!  

HOOK: Well, I've gotta go.  David is waiting for me at the Jolly Roger for my suit fitting.  Regina, could you hold on to this very special MacGuffin?  It's an anti-Curse bracelet that gives the wearer ONE memory from their past if they are ever cursed again.  We won't use it for The Black Fairy's Curse, but maybe it might come in handy next week when another Curse is cast.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, maryle said:

Didn't liked the neither." we will heard of the characters( not longer there )once in a while. "

I have the feeling that the writers are surprised that journalists and fans keep asking about the characters that have left, and that they wish people would  forget about them. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RadioGirl27 said:

I have the feeling that the writers are surprised that journalists and fans keep asking about the characters that have left, and that they wish people would  forget about them. 

I'm sure the writers have already forgotten about them! Heck, they forgot about some of them while they were still on the show.

• Love 4

First "scripttease" of the season.

I'm pretty sure the season is going to start with some kind of cataclysm in Storybrooke that kills/curses/sends to another realm everyone but Hook, Henry, Regina and Rumple.

So much for hope and happy endings.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

First "scripttease" of the season.

I'm pretty sure the season is going to start with some kind of cataclysm in Storybrooke that kills/curses/sends to another realm everyone but Hook, Henry, Regina and Rumple.

So much for hope and happy endings.

Possibly. I also think we may see Henry leaving SB at about age 18.

1 hour ago, Souris said:

Possibly. I also think we may see Henry leaving SB at about age 18.

That makes sense, since they'll have Emma back for that episode.  We'll see the goodbye, which Adult Henry would think back on.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Yeah I don't know why it's so surprising for them. 2/3rds of the characters are leaving the show, including many people's favourites. pretty much every minor and major relationship and friendship is either dead or broken up somehow, all so the writers can do what appears to be a less interesting remake of S1. And any critic or fan still watching the show is going to be more invested in a lot of the characters than someone who hasn't watched for a few years so you're pissing off a lot of people who still watch and are unlikely to get back/create that many new fans on what is still a 7 year old show, despite pleas that it's a total "reboot". How did they think people were going to react?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Camera One said:

And we all know how much these Writers loooooooooove Greek mythology.  Or any mythology, fairy tale, source novel or folktale.

Oh yeah. They love it so much, Hyperion will end up with as much meaningful connection to Greek myth as the Count of Monte Christo had to Alexander Dumas. Is everyone brushing-up on Greek mythology for prep?

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Is everyone brushing-up on Greek mythology for prep?

Fool me once, fool me 134 times... I'm thinking I might get a Masters in Greek Mythology to prepare for the Season 7 premiere.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5

If the opening scene of act one is an exterior in Storybrooke, that decreases the odds of the opening shot being someone furiously riding a horse in a thrilling overhead shot.

Unless, I suppose, they're going to slip in a prologue that comes before Act One. Or I guess someone could be riding a horse through Storybrooke. Hook has learned that Emma's going into labor and he never learned to drive, so he hops on a horse. Or they could give it a twist and open with a thrilling shot of the Bug racing through town.

• Love 1

People are tweeting Adam that they're afraid Emma won't have her happy ending.  I wonder how they will set up a situation to avoid that.  

Maybe in the S7 premiere, we see in the flashback that they found some left over Jekyll juice, and Hook agrees to split himself in half to help Adult Henry, while the other half of him will stay happily with pregnant Emma.  And in the series finale, he will re-merge himself with his other half.  

Regina will leave everyone in a tearful goodbye scene with her BFF Emma, because Regina's sole purpose in life is to save Henry and Emma's mind is at ease knowing that Regina is on it.

Rumple will just go as himself.  

2 hours ago, Camera One said:

People are tweeting Adam that they're afraid Emma won't have her happy ending.  I wonder how they will set up a situation to avoid that.  

Emma is not going to keep her happy ending. With the few things we know about season 7 it's  just impossible. And I seriously doubt A&E are too worried about keeping it. Emma's happy ending is the last thing in their list of priorities for the new season.

• Love 5

From Adam on Twitter:

Adult Henry will actually be more than 10 years older than we last saw him. All that stuff is part of the new season.   #NoSpoilers

Thanks for confirming he didn't have a baby at 14.  No Spoilers indeed, eh?

• Love 2
(edited)

Thanks for confirming he didn't have a baby at 14.  No Spoilers indeed, eh?

From the people who brought you the math behind Emma-totally-conceived-Henry-at-18.

I hope we learn some casting news soon outside of Henry's ever-growing family tree. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
(edited)

If these creative gurus just reversing genders and re-doing Season 1, then:

1. For at least half the season, Lucy (= Henry) convinces Adult Henry (= Emma) to Believe!  Hope!  

2. Lucy (= Henry) will refer to the storybook, as Adult Henry (= Emma) helps new fairy tale characters, old fairy tale characters, and interact with the amnesiac Regina, Hook and Rumple, with heartwarming scenes between Adult Henry and Regina/Hook because of their deep history and connections.

3. In the flashback, Adult Henry (= Emma) meets Love Interest (= Hybrid Neal and Bandit Snow since this show is all about "kickass females" until they are discarded), who breaks his heart and leaves him, leaving him with WALLS.  He symbolically casts aside The Scarf for Red Leather Jacket, uh, I mean whatever the new costume designer comes up with.

4. But Love Interest (= Hybrid Neal and Bandit Snow) actually had to leave Henry for a legitimate reason, involving The New Big Bad (Scar?  At this point, who else is left?).

5. Rumple (= Still The Same Old Rumple) will have flashbacks about him losing his son.  Gideon, not the other one.  Very creatively told without Belle.  Present-day Random Gold will be frustrated things never go his way.

6. Regina (= Still The Same Old Regina) will have flashbacks about anything, since we need to see every minisecond of her life.  Just because Snow isn't around doesn't mean we can't explore how Snow and Leopold ruined her life.  Present-day Random Regina will be sad things never go her way.

7. Hook will have flashbacks about how he killed Lucy's grandmother and grandfather and uncle on her mother's side fifth removed during The Third and a Half Ogre War.  Present-day Killian will be completely lacking in confidence, but don't worry, Lucy might teach him how to fight with a sword.

8. Either Regina or Hook will get arrested and Adult Henry must prove they were innocent with Lucy's help.  But could one of them have slipped and murdered someone in the Missing Years?  You'll be at the edge of your seat!

9. Halfway through the season, A&E will run out of steam and will desperately get us to tune in with a cameo from Zelena!  Belle!  Snowing!  Young Henry!  Mulan! (she knew Love Interest, you know)  Maybe Emma If We Can Get Her Back!  And if not, Blond Stand-in Wearing Red Leather Jacket!

10. We will see the Dark Curse being cast again.  Shocker... Henry casts it!  

11. Someone will be under a Sleeping Curse.  Could it be Love Interest?

12. Someone will be heart-controlled.  

13. We will see Cora again.

14. Very satisfying cameos from Yellow Bug.  Grumpy's Pickaxe.  A photo of Neal.  Robin's arrow.  Emma's baby blanket.  Charming's sword.  Snow's umm... that's a toughie.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:21 PM, RadioGirl27 said:

Emma is not going to keep her happy ending. With the few things we know about season 7 it's  just impossible. And I seriously doubt A&E are too worried about keeping it. Emma's happy ending is the last thing in their list of priorities for the new season.

I still haven't brought myself to watch the finale.  For me, Emma ended in the musical before the kiss.  They didn't even get a honeymoon...

I just don't see how you can have Hook in the new season and keep Emma's happy ending.  Henry would be believable because kids grow up and move away, but Hook without Emma means that something terrible happens to her.  Happy ending never achieved.  Which was kinda the entire point of the series this far.

I think Colin  is a fine actor, and I get that he's under contract which is why I'm more annoyed with Jenn for leaving.  From her interviews with her play, it sounded like she may not even be back for the premiere.