Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

She has talked about her boobs.  She said if she had it to do over she would have chosen a smaller sized implant.  She has had them for 20 years and says they are here to stay.   I think she has checked out having the implants replaced with smaller ones but it cannot be done easily because of the amount of scar tissue.  This is my guess.  It seems so obvious that if it were easy to do, she would.  She would have a lot of scaring, too.  She has a very large keloid scar from her tummy tuck which she tried to cover with a tattoo.  The scars on her breasts would be disfiguring to have them taken out and breasts uplifted.  

• Love 1

Yes, they should be replaced every 10 yrs. She did replace them last season and made a big announcement on her hot topics that her boobs were "20 years old" and going to be replaced. 

She said she has had them for 20 years and she is keeping them, "they are mine!"   This when talking about a smaller size.   I don't think she had them replaced.  We would have heard more about that than one comment on a random episode.  There would be buzz in the internet rags about why not make them smaller, blah, blah, blah.   They do not let anything slip by them.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Breast reduction is a big deal surgery. I think she does a beautiful job with her figure. Are her breast enhanced?

Just a thought to share: New York is not LA. You see a lot of famous people doing ordinary things here because its too expensive and crowded not to do them. While I'm sure she has a housekeeper that shops for groceries most of the time and uses some delivery services, I'd bet Wendy is in the store 3/4 times a month. 

Celebs ride the subways because its the quickest option. They shop in open stores because celebs aren't the real wealth of NYC.

Amen to this; I've seen plenty of celebs on the subway, and I've seen celebs around the city doing ordinary things.

What bugs me about her is her audience.  I know the audience gets warmed up before the show, but they're a little too much.

Also, someone should tell Wendy that husbands and wives aren't property that can be stolen.    

• Love 3

Yes, they should be replaced every 10 yrs. She did replace them last season and made a big announcement on her hot topics that her boobs were "20 years old" and going to be replaced. 

Mine are saline installed in 1976.  Very  happy with them.  No dr. has ever suggested replacing them.

• Love 1

Did Wendy say anything about the "Whitney" movie yet? I know she said she was going to watch. Was she also a producer like with "Alliyah"? I missed the episode that aired on MLK day. I assumed it would be either a repeat or recorded prior to the movie airing. I wasn't planning on watching but I got sucked in. I watched the movie, the Bobby Brown interview, the Clive Davis musical recap....so I was curious what Wendy had to say.

Edited by NowVoyager

Mine are saline installed in 1976.  Very  happy with them.  No dr. has ever suggested replacing them.

You are lucky. They can rupture and leak.  It's safer to replace them, I know alot of women don't. I had to because one of mine ruptured after having them in for 25 yrs. 

Did Wendy say anything about the "Whitney" movie yet?

If she did, I missed it. Twitter, otoh, had a freakin' field day on Wendy and her production of Alliyah the night Whitney aired. Guessing that didn't make hot topics, either. This show is an occasional hate watch for me as I get dumbstruck by the trained seals in the audience and what is arguably a ridiculous "performance" by Wendy. (That's not the good ridiculous.)

• Love 1

She alluded to the twitter hate for the Aaliyah movie. I can't remember what exactly she said, just kinda like "Everyone is entitled to their opinions, haters gonna hate" type of thing and then moved on. It is pretty amazing that the actress from it is now Storm in X-Men though, what a huge upgrade.

So I guess the 1000 show party isn't really the 1000 show now since they had to cancel today.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 1

If she did, I missed it. Twitter, otoh, had a freakin' field day on Wendy and her production of Alliyah the night Whitney aired. Guessing that didn't make hot topics, either. This show is an occasional hate watch for me as I get dumbstruck by the trained seals in the audience and what is arguably a ridiculous "performance" by Wendy. (That's not the good ridiculous.)

Yep, we are on the same page.  :>)

So I guess the 1000 show party isn't really the 1000 show now since they had to cancel today.

Wendy was so insistent yesterday that she was not going to cancel today, I assumed she & her staff must have booked hotel rooms in the vicinity of the studio. Hmm, I'm wondering if it had to do with the inability of the studio audience to get there. Personally, I don't think Wendy needs a sycophantic studio audience. The woman came of age in radio. She can entertain with just the sound of her own voice.

Friday's show won't technically be the 1000th show, but Wendy said she'll still celebrate on that day as if it were. I guess they have everything ready for Friday including the guests already being booked, that she doesn't want to move the festivities to Monday.

Edited by Steph619
  • Love 1

It seems like Wendy's audience is  going over the top more then usual and it is getting annoying to me, especially when it is taking up the first 3 or so minutes of the show to introduce her. I went to her first Vegas show. I lived through many 80's metal concerts but the 45 minutes before Wendy came out were so loud and crazy. I almost had to leave because it was so loud. Her DJ and crew would not let Wendy come out until we were loud enough and they had a good shot of it. We had to shoot the "How You Doin" a few times to get it perfect.

• Love 5

I love-love-loved Wendy's Diana Ross-realness wig from the 999th show. The wig, the fluffy white twirl-worthy wrap, "I'm Coming Out", the triumphant walk---I loved it all! I also thought it was nice that so many behind the scenes staff got a little camera time. I'm a big crybaby myself, so I totally related to her misting up.

How her audience managed to turn up in black tie attire in freezing weather for a 10am taping---wow! That took commitment.

• Love 3

I loved the 1000th show as well.  Wendy is messy and has a big mouth, but she knows it and it's really part of her charm.  I thought Randy Jackson was an interesting guest because he really didn't seem to be a huge Wendy fan.  He was very nice and congratulatory but it felt like he was throwing shade at her a few times and didn't seem to enjoy being called a Fatso.  I can't help it though - I love Wendy, probably moreso because she's unPC and just says whatever pops into her head.  Congrats on the 1000th show Wendy - I will continue DVRing your show and not admitting to anyone that I watch!

• Love 3

^^^^Yasss, Driving! That's exactly why I love Wendy. I thought Randy was a fantastic guest. He's so well connected in the music industry & so successful---he's in a perfect position to spill the tea without worrying too much about the repercussions. When he said Nicki Minaj can't sing, and "The Voice" hasn't produced a star---the shade! Normally I live for hot topics, but Randy's interview was the best part of the show today.

• Love 1

mouth noise issues

Yes indeed - what is up with that??  All that hacking and gurgling.  Ugh.  And she might have some other medical problem because her leg or foot or whatever is always falling asleep. 

Her legsaysand feet probably fall asleep because of the ridiculous tight clothes she wears.

Everything she wears is too tight and too short. She's always tugging on her clothes, it drives me nuts.

She always talks about "sucking her teeth". I have no clue what that even means.

• Love 2

Wendy annoyed me regarding  the issue about Zendara's hair. Wendy felt Zendara should have gone all in and insulted Gulliana in her response (and in the next breath claimed she liked Gulliana). I guess so it could give Wendy something more to talk about, or rather a chance to chastise Zendara for something or another. (Note, she won't be being TWO-FACED, she's just changing her mind) I'm glad Zendara chose a more respectable route and talked it out. The end result was a well made apology by Gulliana and Zendara ultimately accepting it. Both acted like adults, opposite of what Wendy seemed to want.

I'm also not impressed with some of her choices for Eye Candy of the day.

• Love 2

Wendy annoyed me regarding  the issue about Zendara's hair. Wendy felt Zendara should have gone all in and insulted Gulliana in her response (and in the next breath claimed she liked Gulliana). I guess so it could give Wendy something more to talk about, or rather a chance to chastise Zendara for something or another. (Note, she won't be being TWO-FACED, she's just changing her mind) I'm glad Zendara chose a more respectable route and talked it out. The end result was a well made apology by Gulliana and Zendara ultimately accepting it. Both acted like adults, opposite of what Wendy seemed to want.

Yeah I was really surprised at Wendy for that response.  As insulting as Gulliana's comments were you could tell that she didn't mean them from a "racist" stance.  Considering how much Wendy sings Gulliana's praises why she would want Zendaya to take a nasty approach was weird. Usually she has a tendency to praise young starlet's when they handle their business like grown, rational people.

• Love 1

The whole Zendaya thing bugged me because Zendaya is a hypocrite.  I remember her being on Fashion Police a few times.  She knows what the show is about and if she is so thin-skinned, she shouldn't endorse it by being a guest.  Not only that but she lectures everybody in her letter about respecting black hair... weren't the dreds a wig?  It wasn't her hair, I'm surprised nobody accused her of Rasta Appropriation or some such PC mess.  Maybe it's just because I went to college in the era of Phish and Dave Matthews, but I didn't see anything racial about Guiliana's comments or dredlocs, and usually Wendy has a fairer response to stuff, I expected her to call Zendaya out on the hypocrisy of her offense.

Really, at the end of the day, I suspect Zendaya did not give a fuck - nobody knows who the hell she was (which is what Kathy Griffin was getting at) and now her name is everywhere.  This was a major win for her.  Of course, a lot of us will remember this situation and roll our eyes at her when I see her in the future.

• Love 1

As a wearer of locs, I appreciated Zendaya's response to Giuliana's bullshit.  I've heard the remarks about "weed", "patchouli" and all kinds of coded language over the years.  It is old and it is offensive.  I'm so tired of such language and other kinds of offensiveness being allowed to fly with no response.  I'm tired of folks who have been offended being told to get over it or move on.  Folks can manage to not be offensive and if they can't, then they should be ready to be called out.

• Love 2

Yesterday's choice was pitiful. The lady with the summer hot pink sleeveless, ill fitting dress, black tights and black boots looked hideous. Oh, yeah, and she was wearing Chanel earrings which Wendy pointed out. The stupid lady said that the earrings didn't count because her Doctor husband bought them for her. WTF? So much for Eye Candy of the day being about looking good on a budget.  

Yeah I was really surprised at Wendy for that response.  As insulting as Gulliana's comments were you could tell that she didn't mean them from a "racist" stance.  Considering how much Wendy sings Gulliana's praises why she would want Zendaya to take a nasty approach was weird. Usually she has a tendency to praise young starlet's when they handle their business like grown, rational people.

Yeah, I didn't quite understand why Wendy wanted Zendaya to "read" or "clap back", but Zendaya *did* write a really long letter and maybe Wendy was making an argument for brevity. That being said, Wendy's comments yesterday about Kelly Osbourne inserting herself into the situation and making it about HER were visceral and fabulous, IMO.

I watched Fashion Police again tonight and really didn't see anything racist in Giuliana's comment at all. Hell, they were ragging on celebrities all during the show. It's what they do.  I took her comment as referring to Zendaya's hairstyle as a hippy/dippy/flower child  look from the 70's, a time when patchouli oil was used as perfume and yea, smoking weed was typical. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I didn't quite understand why Wendy wanted Zendaya to "read" or "clap back", but Zendaya *did* write a really long letter and maybe Wendy was making an argument for brevity. That being said, Wendy's comments yesterday about Kelly Osbourne inserting herself into the situation and making it about HER were visceral and fabulous, IMO.

Once again Wendy and her crack hot topics team got the story all wrong.  Kelly was inserted into the drama initially.  What happened was when the initial reports came out of what Guilliana said it was reported that both she and Kelly were the ones who made the comment.  Wendy also failed to mention that Kelly and Zendaya are friends.  So the narrative on social media became "Kelly Osbourne uses her tv show to trash her friend".  That is why Kelly's initial tweet on the subject were "It wasn't me, I have nothing to do with this, keep me out of it".  In the interim of the facts getting cleared up is when Kelly made the statement of questioning staying on the show.  That tweet was more about the drama surrounding the situation and was more likely Kelly just venting. 

Also once all the facts came out the narrative in main stream media was "Kelly Osbourne sticks up for friend Zendaya" or "Kelly caught in the middle of her friend and co-worker".  There is no way if Wendy and her team did actual research that they would of missed any of this information.  Wendy just had an agenda and rolled with it.

• Love 1

I hate Kelly and was annoyed that she was so threatening in her tweets, so I thought it was hilarious that Wendy was like Bye Felicia.  Kelly is on this show and therefore is endorsing all of the trash talk that goes on, so her acting holier than thou annoyed.  And if she was so friendly with Zendaya, then Zendaya knows that Kelly didn't say anything bad, they could talk amongst themselves.  Shut up, Kelly.

I don't think Kelly was putting out those tweets for her friend Zendaya.  Kelly was putting those out because she was being accused of making racial comments initially.  I have very little use for social media but I don't begrudge anyone even a celebrity who tries to set the record straight on being accused of making those comments.

Also this situation was treated more than just "trash talking", there were racial undertones to what Guilliana was saying.  Now I don't even think that Guilliana herself even understood that when she made the comment, and I certainly don't think that she meant them that way, but I also think that Kelly was put in a position where she needed to defend herself quickly and loudly because again it was initially reported that she was the one who made the comments.

Anyway my original point was that Wendy and her team didn't have any of that information that was completely out there for everyone to see.  Hell I don't even read these stories generally and I looked at two articles and got all this information. She presented the story as Kelly inserting herself in the fight and randomly threatening to leave the show.

Well looks like Kelly decided to leave after all.  Reports are that she was considering leaving before the Zendaya issue, and now that Fashion Police isn't a regular show anymore and only specials I guess she felt more comfortable.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 1

It was way too short.

She had Stacy London (not Clinton as I originally posted) on today. Wendy congratulated her on her new show What Not To Wear. Which is now off the air.

How does this idiot have a show?

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

Holy Crap - Wendy forgot her pants today with the top she was wearing.   Dress a little short much?? 

She has been wearing alot of short dresses lately. It looks rediculous. Her clothes always look cheap and ill fitting. Must not have much of a wardrobe budget. She does wear those red bottom very expensive Loubitan shoes, though. Go figure. 

Edited by bichonblitz

Lord. Evander Holyfield. Is he SURE he doesn't have any long-lasting damage from boxing, because watching Wendy interview with him was like watching paint dry. I actually felt bad for Wendy! He was not wanting to talk, and she was just praying for the segment to end. Me too, Wendy!

• Love 2

Did you mean Stacy London? If so, I think she's part of the View now (although not positive because I no longer watch).

Lol! Yeah, that's what I meant. I never watched the show but even I knew it was off the air.

Her clothes always look cheap and ill fitting. Must not have much of a wardrobe budget.

LOL.  Well pretty soon you too can have her lovely fashions when she premiers her clothing line on HSN - sometime in March I think.  Jewelry and handbags didn't go over well at QVC, so this must be another attempt at HSN.  She's got to market herself wherever she can while her popularity is high. 

Is Friday always a repeat?

pretty much.

Edited by Fishy
  • Love 1

I was surprised today (Thursday) that Wendy wasn't talking about the Empire finale like every other network did - seems like it should  be a 'hot topic', no?   Then I looked at her ticket schedule at her website and saw that today AND tomorrow will be prerecorded shows.  Some HOT topics....

• Love 1

Does anyone else think Nicki Minaj or at least Mariah Carey turned down interviews with Wendy when they were doing Idol (on the same network)? Unlike JLO who is all over this show all the time. *give me strength*

It's just something I wondered lately considering her comments about Mariah come across very hateful--I mean, more than usual for her--and personal, like she has some weird vendetta.

• Love 1

Wendy is such a mess. I like how she can't even pretend she's doing any work for some of these hot topic stories. In talking about DWTS on Tuesday, she talks about Patti Labelle and mentions her dancing with "her Tony", as in Tony Dovolani who was Wendy's Pro partner when she competed on the show. Except Patti is dancing with Artem and Tony is paired up with Suzanne Somers. What makes Wendy's comment dumber is she's saying this with a clip of Patti and her Pro partner dancing and she still says it's Tony. A guy she danced with but apparently doesn't know what he looks like. 

• Love 4

This probably should be in the other thread, but I peeked in and--- *snoozers!* Anyway, I thought WW's outfit looked great tonight! A black, fitted, elbow-length top & a white, knee-length pencil skirt with black accents on the hips. I was admiring how she looked, when she mentioned it was from her own fashion line, debuting this weekend on some fashion channel. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

• Love 2

I think her clothes are as good as any the others I've seen. The wrap dress has been overdone, IMO, but hers are in bright beautiful colors, the floral designs are nice. My problem with the wrap dresses, if there is enough material to completely close so my boobs are not showing, the bottom will be too large and they never have snaps to keep them close. I'm hoping with Wendy being so busty that won't be a problem. At least her clothes have shapes and are not  just baggy,the material looks  pretty good. Wendy's clothes seems okay for the average woman to wear and a dress for 49.00 is a bargain . I order most of my clothes online so i'm gonna give them a try.

• Love 1

Another repeat today. Seriously, Wendy is gonna lose her fan base if she doesn't show up for work and stop with all the side jobs like Broadway, HSN clothing line, dancing with the stars, etc. She was pushing her jewelry line at one time, too. It must have been a flop because she doesn't try to push it anymore.  Just host your show, dammit! 

• Love 1

I don't remember her ever having repeats on Fridays. I thought she taped Friday's shows earlier in the week like other shows do.

The thing I don't understand is why they show a repeat of a show that was just on a few days ago. I wouldn't mind seeing some of her older shows on Fridays. I don't want to watch something on Friday that I just saw on Monday.

• Love 3