Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wendy ranted about her interview with Tatum. She said Tatum agreed to speak about everything and she didn't that is why Wendy sounded like she was stumped. Really Wendy? An interview didn't go your way so you blame the guest. Great interviewing skills.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, druzy said:

Wendy ranted about her interview with Tatum. She said Tatum agreed to speak about everything and she didn't that is why Wendy sounded like she was stumped. Really Wendy? An interview didn't go your way so you blame the guest. Great interviewing skills.

It's not Tatum's fault that Wendy's "interviewing" skills suck. If Wendy bothered to do more then watch a couple of TV shows before coming to host daily she might find it easier to do her damn job.

• Love 7

Shots fired! I LOVE ROSEANNE! That's all I have to say. Wendy said something about Tom Arnold (her ex) and Roseanne shot back and said- "We don't like to talk about husbands do we Wendy? ROSEANNE SHUT HER DOWN! I hope it's not edited out.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, druzy said:

Wendy came back after the interview and said oh that Roseanne with her zingers.

Wendy is so shameless, why would she bring up Tom Arnold.  That was a painful chapter in Roseanne's life. Wendy is always in the gutter and she wonders why Nobody will go on her show. I have said it before, it is very telling that nobody from the cast of Black Panther has gone on her show.  They are everywhere...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

I had to mute it while Wendy was explaining the debacle of the Tatum O'Neal interview - she was making me so mad with her lame explanation to cover her ass.  Obviously, she got flack on it and she decided to spin it so she looked good.  To me, she was saying "if you are the GUEST on MY show you better follow the program.   Don't think you're gonna make me look bad".  She threw all of the dirt on Tatum.   This attitude is sure gonna make any future guests comfortable.... NOT!

I agree with the other posters - if you are a good interviewer, you are able to pick up the ball if it gets dropped.  If Tatum went in a different direction than was planned, you should be able to continue the interview in a professional manner.   If you do no preparation and leave all the fact finding to your staff, of course you will flounder if you'e not spoon-fed every line.

ADDED:  I muted my TV when Roseanne came on - not a big fan and I never watched her show back in the day, so I missed that zinger to Wendy.  However, she's my new favorite and I hope that spank stings Wendy for a while.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, druzy said:

Shots fired! I LOVE ROSEANNE! That's all I have to say. Wendy said something about Tom Arnold (her ex) and Roseanne shot back and said- "We don't don't like to talk about husbands do we Wendy? ROSEANNE SHUT HER DOWN! I hope it's not edited out.

It was fricking awesome.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

I had to mute it while Wendy was explaining the debacle of the Tatum O'Neal interview - she was making me so mad with her lame explanation to cover her ass.  Obviously, she got flack on it and she decided to spin it so she looked good.  To me, she was saying "if you are the GUEST on MY show you better follow the program.   Don't think you're gonna make me look bad".  She threw all of the dirt on Tatum.   This attitude is sure gonna make any future guests comfortable.... NOT!

...Did the ass kissing audience clap, clap, clap for Wendy when she was saying that?  I haven't watched it yet today. 

Wendy is losing control of her guests and does not have control of her interviews. She needs to buckle down and get serious again about this show. Phoning it in isn't working for her anymore. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3

I had the TV on mute after about 60 seconds into Wendy's speech, so I don't know if the mindless drones clapped or not (they probably did).  But here's what I did hear before I hit the button:  Wendy explains that they pre-interview their guests twice before they come out for the face-to-face.   She said that due to Tatum running late, they only got to do one (I think she said the other interview would have happened in the limo on the way to the show).  So again, she made it Tatum's fault:  guest ran late + no 2nd pre-interview + guest going off script = Wendy throws guest under the bus/delays Hot Topics to try to salvage the beating she apparently took on social media.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

Look, I like air fresheners and I use Gold Bond lotion religiously but I agree with everyone saying enough is enough of the plugs.  They are shameless and kinda sad.

I have no idea if the plugs are to make money for the show or to make money for Wendy.  I wonder.  Is the cash for these shameless plugs going into her pocket?  

I'd hope not. But if they are for the show budget, what the heck, show?  You need money that badly?  Why?  Where is the budget for the show going?  Did someone get a large raise?  I'm kinda confused.  I, admittly, don't know anything about where budget comes from for talk shows but I don't see Jerry Springer plugging things on his show.  

So, I am honestly asking if anyone knows anything about this.

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I do believe celebrities get paid to mention products by the company who makes the product. This first came to light (well, for me at least!) several years ago on one of the late night talk shows (Letterman maybe?). I'm not sure who the celebrity was. Possibly Drew Barrymore but she kept mentioning Kraft? food products and soon after that, it was said that celebs get paid to "casually" mention certain products and they get paid to do so.

Hey Wendy! How low can YOU go? Lol. And FYI WW...Desperation stinks. It's so not classy!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, patty1h said:

I had the TV on mute after about 60 seconds into Wendy's speech, so I don't know if the mindless drones clapped or not (they probably did).  But here's what I did hear before I hit the button:  Wendy explains that they pre-interview their guests twice before they come out for the face-to-face.   She said that due to Tatum running late, they only got to do one (I think she said the other interview would have happened in the limo on the way to the show).  So again, she made it Tatum's fault:  guest ran late + no 2nd pre-interview + guest going off script = Wendy throws guest under the bus/delays Hot Topics to try to salvage the beating she apparently took on social media.

Wendy is a bitch. Five + minutes of talking total shit about Tatum O'Neal. Wendy said "i just want to clear MY name" ( or something similar to that b.s.) it would take an ocean of Clorox bleach to cleanse this fake, shady, self indulgent bitch that Wendy has become. And "what the cheap cellophane" is she wearing as a skirt? 

• Love 5

Yesterday they had a fashion segment and two women came out wearing these silvery pleated skirts that just looked CHEAP and tacky.  They looked like deflated mylar balloons or that they were make out of those emergency blankets they put on runners at the end of marathons.  One model wore as a casual look with a sweater and sneakers and the other more dressy; the elastic waist makes it look really ewww.  Sometimes the fabric looks stiff and other times like imported garbage, and looks like a bitch to iron.Maybe I'm behind the times and this is a new trend, but all I see is lank, wrinkly sadness. 

Today Wendy had on a similar skirt but hers was striped in multi-color metallic shades.  At one point, she pulled it out to show it off and the dumb audience started clapping.  I expected her to say this is a Wendy design, but she went on to HT.  I guess it could be her fashion - I don't care enough to check HSN, and if it is my opinion is...  blergh

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Wendy is a bitch. Five + minutes of talking total shit about Tatum O'Neal. Wendy said "i just want to clear MY name" ( or something similar to that b.s.) it would take an ocean of Clorox bleach to cleanse this fake, shady, self indulgent bitch that Wendy has become. And "what the cheap cellophane" is she wearing as a skirt? 

Thank you - I thought I was the only one.... she was defensive as HELL - wow, Tatum really got to Wendy didn't she..... lol!!  I thought her tirade was pretty funny.  

• Love 3

I find it hard to believe that Tatum (according to WW) agreed to come back on the show to answer ALL the questions that she didn't answer in the first interview. I hope Tatum isn't that desperate or has so little self esteem that she would agree to come back on Wendy's couch. I'd LOVE to see someone interview WW and ask Wendy all the tough questions that her fans (and haters) want to know. After all, Wendy's motto is "say it like you mean it". And here's another motto she might want to use: "my life is more fake than my boobs". 

• Love 4
On 3/28/2018 at 1:00 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I thought of a carnival when I saw her skirt today. Too shiny under studio lights. 

Yes! I vommented (oh dear! I think i just made up a new word! Lol!) meant to say "commented" on WW skirt (in the regular thread topic for Wendy) and how her skirt looked like it was made of cellophane. UGLY! Who the f is choosing her clothes/wigs that she's wearing since Awesome Antoine passed away?? And she's flaunting it like it's haute coutoure. Wendy is bonkers. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 4

Now that I had a chance to watch all of Wendy's rant against Tatum, WOW, way to throw your guest under the bus, Wendy. What host does that? Classless, tactless, and unfair. Tatum's response was probably closer to the truth. 

Roseanne's shade was Deeeelicious!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3

Yeah, Wendy, these "stars" shouldn't be talking about their personal business on social media before they are 21, but you can announce to the world that your son walked in on you giving darling hubby Kev a blow job.  I'm sure he has not gotten any kidding about that.  Hippocrite.

She shielded her son's eyes from a Cosmo magazine at the checkout by placing a more family-friendly magazine in front of it. Hippocrite.

Luckily I only drift by her show when the other one has commercials on. 

• Love 2

Two quick things:  My eyes rolled when she said this morning that her son was on spring break and so they brought him in to work with them so he can be a part of the business.  So he watched his mother get makeup/a wig put on and sat in a room where her staff gave her all the info for her to speak about.  Whatever - that will help him later in life. ::sarcasm:: The other thing she said is that her son lead the backstage prayer that they do just before the show starts.   Prayer?  Really?  What a waste of a prayer.  Doing a 2nd rate talk show does not rise to the level of needing God's help.  Maybe if she was going in to do surgery or looking for a cure for a disease, you may ask the Lord for some help.  What a egotistical maroon.

Also, the Wendy/Rosanne interview made it to the Yahoo homepage this morning - it tells how Roseanne snatched Wendy's wig.  Not sure how long it'll be there...

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Also, the Wendy/Rosanne interview made it to the Yahoo homepage this morning - it tells how Roseanne snatched Wendy's wig.  Not sure how long it'll be there...

I just went over there to check this out and only saw items about her throwing shade re: the husband comment. I was impressed how Roseanne was able to shut  WW’s talk about Tom Arnold down with a cleverly concealed swipe at Big Kev. It makes me wonder what the industry gossip is about them (the Hunters) is and why it’s not being reported on more. Like the real reason Wendy took the “vacation”. What happened with the wig? 

Edited to add that I did watch the clip the @druzy was nice enough to post but still couldn’t hear/read it well enough to understand this bit of their history. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 3

Sorry - not everyone is familiar with this slang.  The expression "snatched X's wig" is slang for dissing someone, putting them in their place, teaching someone a lesson, throwing shade.  It started in the drag queen community, because when the queens would get into squabbles/physical fights, inevitably someone's wig would be snatched off in the melee.   Over the years, snatching a wig came to have multiple meanings.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 4

Wendy has gone over the cliff again.  How dare she throw shade at an audience member because she didn’t like how/why she clapped at something she said.  I don’t care who you are, you don’t admonish an audience member just because they didn’t applaud the way you think they should. Then at the end of her rant she told the audience member to get up and leave.  Of course she made a little giggle after saying that, but you can bet your wig that there was a part of her that meant it.  What a nasty biotch 

• Love 4

Wendy did something today that made me realize why I have a love/hate thing with her -- I LOVED her diatribe about DMX.  She said so many things that made sense and I could see her saying to DMX himself and it being like a life coach situation.  Even the imaginary conversation she made up that should happen between DMX and his son sounded like good advice. 

However, Wendy loses points because of her recent revelation that R. Kelly is "a great guy" and she doesn't address the current stories on him about how he groomed a 14 year old girl to be his sex slave.

• Love 4

At this point, even Wendy has to be routing for Jerry to come back. 

How did Wendy not know that the Roseanne show featured them winning the lottery back in the day? I stopped watching the show by then and even I knew it. Wendy needs someone to prep her before she goes on. 

Not interested in what young Kev is doing during spring break. Please stop talking about him. 

Besides not doing her job well, Wendy isn't looking so great either. She needs another break to work on her health and I don't mean that in a snarky way either. 

• Love 5

I think Tatum actually WAS willing to talk about stuff. SHE admitted to early booze and tried to talk about her mom and early sexual abuse but Wendy had so much of the story wrong and kept interrupting her with other topics, that I think Tatum just got frustrated and was like "fuck this woman." Like, if you want someone to talk about their most sensitive shit, you have to fucking listen and be compassionate, not bulldoze over them to get them to talk about exactly what YOU want the way YOU want it. 

Oooooh Rosanne. That look she shot Wendy was absolutely: "Keep it up and I will bring up YOUR husband, bitch." Wendy backed the hell up off that one, cuz yeah, you don't have the skillz to take on Rosanne, girl. Wendy's lame retort... "I'll talk about husbands, he's fabulous." Bitch, please. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 7

So the first thing that annoyed me was the QTips to the eyes regarding Little Kev being on Spring Break. Hey Wendy. Let the kid live a little. You know how you’re always talking about how you used to go to the mall with your friends and have fun? Allow him some of that. Oh wait. Are you keeping him there (on set) so he doesn’t go smoke pot with his pals? Then maybe it’s a good idea to keep him close but then also expect him to go hog wild when he begins college. Just because he can. 

The condom talk. It reminded me of yesterday when she mentioned the sponge. That’s one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes. When Elaine thought that they were discontinuing their manufacturing and she then ran out and filled her hall closet with all she could find. Then Elaine rated a guy on whether he was “sponge-worthy” or not. So funny. Did they really discontinue making them? 

“Only one of you heathens agree?” 

That sleeve for the magazine looked like a hanging penis over a scantily clad woman. More suggestive IMO. 

The show is not over but I’ll quit now as I’m getting long winded. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, patty1h said:

Two quick things:  My eyes rolled when she said this morning that her son was on spring break and so they brought him in to work with them so he can be a part of the business.  So he watched his mother get makeup/a wig put on and sat in a room where her staff gave her all the info for her to speak about.  Whatever - that will help him later in life. ::sarcasm:: The other thing she said is that her son lead the backstage prayer that they do just before the show starts.   Prayer?  Really?  What a waste of a prayer.  Doing a 2nd rate talk show does not rise to the level of needing God's help.  Maybe if she was going in to do surgery or looking for a cure for a disease, you may ask the Lord for some help.  What a egotistical maroon.

Yeah...the prayer (with her righteous Christian family) before the show starts. I was LMAO!! Is she trying to copy Dog the Bounty Hunter? (They pray together before every bounty) ..but at least the Chapmans live a clean life. I wonder if the folks who renewed WW contract for another 4 years, are looking for any little loophole in the contract so they can get rid of her sooner.

And damn Wendy was rude to that audience member (who WW said waited to clap in agreement until  her friend clapped). I forgot what question WW was asking the audience but Wendy couldnt have been any meaner to that woman. Ok...i know. Yes ww COULD be meaner! Lol

• Love 4

The shade of it all when Mathew Knowles said "We're actually waiting for u to be the 4th member" :D!

I have to say I've be enjoying WW show since her comeback. The shade is real!

• Love 1

Well, my opinion only but I felt that was 10 entire minutes wasted in Hot Topics discussing DMX. That could have been cut down to 3 minutes. She kept going on and on about him. 

I know Matthew Knowles is kind of a sleaze but he was a good guest. Another guest that wasn't having any of Wendy's shit. He stayed very cool. She tried to make him uncomfortable with bringing up the divorce from Tina. He was having none of it and moved on quickly before she could get another word in. Are we seeing a trend with the guests lately? They are either throwing shade at Wendy or putting her in her place, instead of vice versa. I'm liking it .

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:28 PM, Jaded said:

Jerry was a guest on WWHL on March 13th. He's not listed as a guest again for this week.

Thanks. I could've sworn the commercial said this week. *shrugs*

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:54 AM, bichonblitz said:

Yes, they did. Tatum set them straight right away. She also set Wendy straight when Wendy said she was late because there was a fire blocking traffic. No dumbass, the fire was days ago, it was the funeral for the firefighter that was killed fighting a fire on a movie set that was blocking traffic. Tatum was not having any of Wendy's bullshit. She was awesome. 

Initially I wasn't going to bother with Tatum's interview but I'm glad I watched just to see that. And Roseanne and Mathew Knowles' shade yesterday and today. Hope we get some more shady guests next week. ;)

• Love 3

So, I say this as a long time Wendy fan...I’m done. This little 3 week break, between watching old reruns and having Jerry fill in, has done nothing but accentuate how nasty and crude she has gotten. She snaps at Norman because he “gave her wrong info” about Cardi B(saying she was 27 instead of 25)and he looked so embarrassed. Then the final straw for me...someone had the nerve to cough and she THREW a cough drop at the audience in disgust. The same woman who digs at her eyes and nostrils with a q-tip, constantly clears her phlegm throat and belches on camera almost daily, has the nerve to be offended by someone coughing? I really don’t foresee her being on the air much longer, and either the network or her team is working to find a loophole in the contract that renewed the show for x amount of seasons. She is clearly over doing the show, is barely phoning it in, and is not interested in playing nice with anyone, not even her guests. She wasn’t even this nasty in her radio days. I think it’s a combo of all the stress in her personal life and just being older and over it. Retire already, Wendy. While you still have a legacy to hold on to.

• Love 5

I read through the comments in that blind item that Showthyme posted and one popped out at me.  The commenter is also disgusted at the sudden rash of Wendy doing product endorsements and dropped the theory that Wendy is doing anything to get a stockpile of cash now - they called it "a money grab for retirement".  Wendy may know that things are going to blow up soon (nasty divorce, show going away, health problems become unmanageable and force her to drop out, etc) and she'll need a nice cushion.  I believe this theory.

• Love 5

Burp...then too long on the Janice D. and the Cosby trial details..sniff...throw cough drop. Resume  

Then the royal shade. Calling out the Grand Dame of RHOBH (trying to stir up some publicity Wendy?) LVP. Then she went on about Erika Kane...except that it’s Erika Jayne and she was a guest on your show last week (Wendy did correctly remember that she was wearing Gucci). Marvelous restraint from Norman who didn’t correct her with the correct name. How much is she paying who, to keep what’s really going on under wraps? I think the blind item on Showthyme is just the tip of the iceberg. 

• Love 5

Here's my take on Wendy, just my two cents:

From what I have observed, Wendy came from a middle class background, she lived in a middle class neighborhood.  But, I think she's trying to be a watered down Cookie Lyon (Empire reference).  She wants to be "hood" and "down" but she's not and the stress of trying to be this other person is driving her insane.  I also think the stress of trying to be "nice Wendy" is stressing her out.  I used to be an occasional listener of "The Wendy Williams Experience" and she was one nasty person in those days.

I don't think Wendy is happy in her marriage, but a lot of black women in the public eye feel they have to push "black love."  (see Jones, Star who recently married again).  Or, maybe people in Wendy's life told her not to marry her husband because he was a cheater and she doesn't want them to say, "I told you so" so she wants to keep this facade of her "perfect marriage."

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Here's my take on Wendy, just my two cents:

From what I have observed, Wendy came from a middle class background, she lived in a middle class neighborhood.  But, I think she's trying to be a watered down Cookie Lyon (Empire reference).  She wants to be "hood" and "down" but she's not and the stress of trying to be this other person is driving her insane.  I also think the stress of trying to be "nice Wendy" is stressing her out.  I used to be an occasional listener of "The Wendy Williams Experience" and she was one nasty person in those days.

I don't think Wendy is happy in her marriage, but a lot of black women in the public eye feel they have to push "black love."  (see Jones, Star who recently married again).  Or, maybe people in Wendy's life told her not to marry her husband because he was a cheater and she doesn't want them to say, "I told you so" so she wants to keep this facade of her "perfect marriage."

Yes, I agree with you that she is trying too hard to be something she’s not. Whether it’s being a hood rat or not I don’t know. It’s obvious that she’s stressing from the strains of her life..being it her marriage or life. If this life isn’t working for her then she needs to step away. Not because I haven’t liked her (in the past) but because no “Star life” is worth giving up your soul and health. IMO Big Kev, especially from the gossip that I’ve seen (photos with the other in Morristown) and read/heard, isn’t doing his job as either a manager or husband and supporting her. In a way I think her trying to hide the truth, whatever it may be, is doing her more harm than good. Look at all the posters that we have lost on this thread. 

• Love 6

Wendy was messing up a lot of words,names and details today. 

She had two plugs. The pink stroller used by Black Chyna during the fight at the amusement park. Air Wick diffuser (again) because don’t you know it takes away all the big dog smells in her home. 

I thought it was rude to ask Parma Lakshmi the cost of her boots and dress. I was brought up to believe that doing that is bad manners. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I thought it was rude to ask Parma Lakshmi the cost of her boots and dress. I was brought up to believe that doing that is bad manners. 

Totally agree...and Padma handled it perfectly.  Stupid Wendy, when someone doesn't want to tell you how much her boots cost the FIRST time you asked, why would you then ask (again) the cost of her dress?!? 

• Love 2

Judging by her constant criticisms of Rob Kardashian, she has real issues with men that don't conform to what her idea of what "being a man" is. I guess Rob should have had a mistress, while he was with Blac Chyna, and Wendy would have been a supporter. 

• Love 3

Why did Wendy keep calling Kendra's husband a "journeyman"? what the eff was she getting at? 

She gave a decent interview with Cynthia Nixon today. This is the first day in 4 days I watched the entire show. I am fast forwarding through most of Wendy these days. Her hot topics are boring, her interviews are pretty much a mess and her eyes are still bulging out of her sockets. She's still looking pretty bad. No closeups for Wendy. I wonder what her ratings are lately.

As I understand it (and I wish I didn't), Rob, who Wendy says is a slob, I guess cuz he is overweight, and a lowly "journeyman" and today when the MAN did not thwart the would-be thiefs, that is all stuff Wendy cannot get "moist" for, dontcha know. Jesus God.

She did do alright with Cynthia Nixon. I have to assume they told her to get her fucking shit together and be respectful cuz she was interviewing a candidate! 

• Love 1

Did she really just do only 3 hot topics? I don’t think she did any plugs today...yea. 

P.S. They began the preliminary rounds of the Masters on Monday. They’ve been showing it all week on a NBC sports channel. Get your facts straight team. Since when is Tiger Woods on her radar since his divorce became final anyway? 

I've never bothered to watch Wendy shill her stuff on HSN mostly because what I've seen her highlight on her show are not my taste and I feel embarrassed for most of the "celebrities" that end up on the shopping shows -- they just seem desperate.   But today, she showed off her shoes "because people keep asking about them" and mentioned they're her design and available for purchase.  I did NOT like those shoes at all.  I know Wendy is a girly-girl who loves hair and makeup and lace and booty shorts, but those pearls and feathers on that color blue... blergh.  They looked like cheap Payless shoes for a middle schooler. 

ADDED:  I got to wondering how much she could think she can fleece folks for these shoes, so I checked the HSN website.  Those are currently $49.99, marked down from $89.90.  What a rip.

• Love 5

^^^

Great point.  I kinda rolled my eyes when I heard she'd thrown her hat into the ring for the gubernatorial race but I loved hearing her perspective, especially as a life-long New Yorker.  And her kid attends public school?  LOVE.  

En Vogue!  The ladies look great but for a second there, I was thinking that Maxine had some serious plastic surgery.  LOL.  I'd love to see Max and Dawn return to the group.  Let bygones be bygones.

• Love 1