Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wendy embarrassing Suzanne again, ughhh. Telling her she likes her hair, and it looked better than the day before when the professional styled it! What the hell kind of backhanded compliment was that?? She could see Suzanne was nervous, then said something like (paraphrasing) "Calm down, we're just having hair talk". Poor Suzanne is seriously scared to death of Wendy. She doesn't want to be on camera with you Wendy, leave her alone! 

I thought it very interesting the other day when Wendy told Dr. Oz that her Dr. said she has the most severe Vitamin D deficiency he has ever seen and Dr. Oz also said her Vit B levels were also dangerously very low and it was most likely due to her vegan diet. I wouldn't be surprised if she had an iron deficiency as well. So here's the thing about going vegan: You have to know how to supplement your diet, where to get the protein and vitamins that you will no longer be getting from meat and dairy. Apparently Wendy went to the extreme and was doing it all wrong. I know this because years ago I decided to go vegan and I did it all wrong, too. I lasted for 6 mos and ended up with bloodwork showing all the deficiency she has. I was fatigued, my hair started falling out and I developed a sinus allergy that took forever to get rid of. All because I thought it would be ok to load up on  nothing but carbs and sugar and that was my vegan diet!! I didn't have the education to do it the right way. So I think part of Wendy's health issues have to do with her diet. I wonder if she has introduced some meat back in to her lifestyle now or if not she needs to learn how to do the vegan lifestyle correctly. 

• Love 8

I had a thought while listening to Wendy regale the audience with the details of Don Trump Jr cheating on his pregnant wife with Aubrey O'Day:  does Wendy have even a second of insight that "oh wow, I was in that situation back in the day" and thinks that she should tone down her breathless excitement at throwing cheating celebs under the bus.   And I wonder if Kevin feels a ounce of shame standing in the background and listening to his wife recount stories of the long suffering, pregnant wife/the cheating man/the sidepiece.   

I bet W&K are both living the "it's in the past and we've moved on" mindset, but I bet a lot of the staff and crew probably give each other the look while Miss Wendy does cheater stories.  I'm sure that Suzanne and Norman have had many a kiki over the W&K situation.

ADDED:  Wendy is a shameless plugger - sliding in little mentions for her clothing line.   She did it again today by adjusting her blouse a lot, then just having to throw in that it's her own design, available at HSN!  WE KNOW!  Then out of nowhere she pulled out a tube of Gold Bond hand lotion and went on how GB lotion is the best!  - it's moisture lasts for 24 hours!   She crow-barred in a national product endorsement and made it seem like she was just fixing her ashy hands. Definitely a paid plugola for Wendy -- a Gold Bond ad played at the first commercial break... no coincidence.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I put my money where my mouth is. Yesterday I sent Wendy and Jerry a tweet calling her out for not saying a proper thank you and shame on her. I’ve gotten a few likes including one from Jerry himself. 

Aaw, that was sweet of you to stand up for him and for Jerry to thank you with a like. Wendy's tacky and hateful as always.

14 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

That's so cool that you did that! Wendy is probably ALWAYS living in fear that someone else can do a better job than she. I know Jerry kept saying how WW is one of a kind and nobody can ever take her place blah blah blah. But the truth is...Wendy is NOT doing anything new/different/innovative in the world of talk shows. Her lucky charm is her "time slot"....weekday mornings. Not much else to watch. 

Or kitchen tables, hair salons and any and everywhere else you can find good gossip.

Did my ears deceive me or did she say that Toni Braxton recently filed for bankruptcy a third time? I Google schmoogled and found nada on that. Gotta love the Bureau for the half-assed research.

No Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show/Host noms for the trainwreck. YAY!  

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Did my ears deceive me or did she say that Toni Braxton recently filed for bankruptcy a third time? I Google schmoogled and found nada on that. Gotta love the Bureau for the half-assed research.  

She owes nearly a million dollars in taxes. I found this article and this one when I searched. How can this woman not have a handle on her finances by now?  You'd think losing the copyright to 27 of her songs would have given her some incentive to get her financial shit together.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Jaded said:

She owes nearly a million dollars in taxes. I found this article and this one when I searched. How can this woman not have a handle on her finances by now?  You'd think losing the copyright to 27 of her songs would have given her some incentive to get her financial shit together.

Wow. She needs a different manager and support system. Her currrent surrounding circle is not doing her any favors. The IRS doesn’t play games and I hope that she resolves this fast. 

• Love 2

Today’s plug is Oreos. 

I was distracted as she had a pulled thread in the middle of the bottom of that white huge stripe directly over her ample bosom. I kept thinking this is HD TV we are all watching. Step up your game wardrobe. 

She phoned in the story re: Elton John and Rod Stewart. There’s been a feud between them for ages. Elton was on the another show lately and was telling the story of the Christmas that he gave Rod a Rembrandt and Rod the same year, gave him a mini fridge (Elton called it a ice bucket). They even have Pet female names for each other.  Elton is Sharon and Rod is Phyllis. Get with it bureau. We need details not just the petty tip of the iceberg. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Get with it bureau. We need details not just the petty tip of the iceberg. 

You nailed it with this comment! Wendy never reports anything that her lazy bureau doesn't discover the same way we do. All the gossip sites out there do a fine job of it. All we have to do is go online. In fact,  I already know (as most of us do) or have heard about what she's "reporting" before she sits her ass down in the purple chair. Sometimes she's repeating word for word from an article that is already out there. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

You nailed it with this comment! Wendy never reports anything that her lazy bureau doesn't discover the same way we do. All the gossip sites out there do a fine job of it. All we have to do is go online. In fact,  I already know (as most of us do) or have heard about what she's "reporting" before she sits her ass down in the purple chair. Sometimes she's repeating word for word from an article that is already out there. 

Except all the Tamar Braxton stuff because, honestly, I have no idea who the woman is besides Toni's sister and the one kicked off the Talk. 

She's obsessed with Tamar.  I think she is a part of Tamar's PR machine.  They say when no one is talking about you, your career is over.  Well, Wendy keeps talking about Tamar...

• Love 3

Just read on another site that Jerry O'Connell landed a job - he will be playing Sheldon's brother on "The Big Bang Theory".  I didn't read the whole story, so I don't know if this has been in the works for a while or if it came about from Jerry's hosting gig on WW.  Either way, congrats to him... even though I've never watched TBBT.   That is one show that I don't find funny, but I may take a peek for Jerry.   I linked the story here for anyone who wants more info.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Destiny74 said:

Except all the Tamar Braxton stuff because, honestly, I have no idea who the woman is besides Toni's sister and the one kicked off the Talk. 

She's obsessed with Tamar.  I think she is a part of Tamar's PR machine.  They say when no one is talking about you, your career is over.  Well, Wendy keeps talking about Tamar...

I don’t get her obsession with them either than the fact that I vaguely remember that they socialized when all of their relationships were going well. That said I didn’t need to hear the first 10 minutes of the show being all about them. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Just read on another site that Jerry O'Connell landed a job - he will be playing Sheldon's brother on "The Big Bang Theory".  I didn't read the whole story, so I don't know if this has been in the works for a while or if it came about from Jerry's hosting gig on WW.  Either way, congrats to him... even though I've never watched TBBT.   That is one show that I don't find funny, but I may take a peek for Jerry.   I linked the story here for anyone who wants more info.

I just began following Jerry on Twitter. I must say he’s involved. Every time I say something (usually positive) he “likes” me (although I’m not at all invested in just getting likes). I think that he’s more of a real approachable person at this point and can still take it as well as dish it. To me it spoke volumes when Wendy never said the words “thank you” to him when he carried her show yet he never said one single world on social media about the end of his reign other than to have thanked her for the opportunity. A class act IMO. YMMV 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Grammar
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Jaded said:

Thanks for the articles, Jaded. I was all ready to dig in Wendy's ass for making things up and I didn't have all the facts myself. Lol.

Toni is a mess with the constant money problems and clearly hasn't learned a thing. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

I know who she is because I watch the Braxton reality show. She is a total bitch and a spoiled brat. Her sisters can't stand her. 

• Love 3

I've been noticing that the applause that has to follow every single dam bit of Hot Topics she spews is sounding a bit lame.  Not as enthusiastic as it once was.  

• Love 2
On 3/19/2018 at 7:01 PM, KLovestoShop said:

I also couldn’t believe when she said problem royals wind up in a pine box.  Now, if you think about it, a comment like that could be legally actionable.  She basically said some royals were murdered, which is a stupid thing for her to say.  

I swear she is having serious memory problems.  She had Sarah Ferguson on her damn show.  She knows Sarah and Andrew have divorced and I promise, Wendy was not talking to a corpse.

So she believes the people who believe the crown had Diana killed?  I don't.  I think it was a horrible accident and the fault of the damn poparazzi.  Conspiracy theorist.

Besides, if Diana was murdered by the crown they absolutely just made her a legend, and I don't think that's what they wanted.

Anyway, Wendy needs to shut it about things she knows nothing about.  Hell, the crown may hire a killer to come after her next.  ?

• Love 4
On 3/23/2018 at 5:20 PM, patty1h said:

Mud is being thrown by Charlamange, an ex-coworker of Wendy's; I vaguely remember this guy from their radio days on WBLS.    He says it's drugs, not any medical problem.  Here's the story from Ebony Magazine.

Just wow. I didn’t know about her admitted past cocaine addiction history. I wonder though why someone like Dr Oz would step up her first day back and seemingly support the Graves Disease narrative if it wasn’t true. I guess we are back to the secret rehab theories. Whatever it is she hasn’t exactly given us any hard truths and therefore trusting her is an issue. Especially when she’s zoned out, forgetting things, phoning in HT (Norman does all the footwork for that segment) and her endless personality changes. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Just wow. I didn’t know about her admitted past cocaine addiction history. I wonder though why someone like Dr Oz would step up her first day back and seemingly support the Graves Disease narrative if it wasn’t true. I guess we are back to the secret rehab theories. Whatever it is she hasn’t exactly given us any hard truths and therefore trusting her is an issue. Especially when she’s zoned out, forgetting things, phoning in HT (Norman does all the footwork for that segment) and her endless personality changes. 

She has been open about her coke habit for years on her radio show. Those of us on the East coast, have always known about it. She also claimed to have stopped using coke on her own. She never went to Rehab.  She stopped using cocaine because she did not want to lose Big Kev..

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She has been open about her coke habit for years on her radio show. Those of us on the East coast, have always known about it. She also claimed to have stopped using coke on her own. She never went to Rehab.  She stopped using cocaine because she did not want to lose Big Kev..

Then do you think that this current rumor has any merit? 

As Wendy says "don't judge me but I'm judging"... is it me or was she relying on Norman a lot today?  He had to give her correct information about 5-6 times -- the funniest one was when she kept saying that Aubrey O'Day was 47 years old until Norman spoke up.  Just reading that sentence back made me realize that no other TV show that I can think of has a live, on-screen person whose sole job is to provide random information for the host.  And remember, Wendy used to have TWO guys to assist her in the Hot Topics segment.  I listen to Howard Stern and he says he reads 2-3 newspapers, watches TV, etc. to prepare himself to talk for 4 hours on his show.  He realizes that he has to get topics to keep his show rolling.   Wendy lets her staff do the research and then she sits in a meeting where they feed her topics. 

All this to say that Wendy needs to put in more time/get dedicated/step it up on handling her business of talk show host. 

• Love 3

Wendy was getting all kinds of things messed up today. And then she did some kind of weird passive agressive thing with the hot topics reporter guy in the second segment and wasn't able to following what he was saying. What did she call him that got bleeped out? Does she need another 3 weeks off already? 

• Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, Mindthinkr said:

You should check out her memoir Wendy's Got the Heat, Mindthinkr. It's a good read.

6 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Wendy was getting all kinds of things messed up today. And then she did some kind of weird passive agressive thing with the hot topics reporter guy in the second segment and wasn't able to following what he was saying. What did she call him that got bleeped out? Does she need another 3 weeks off already? 

I missed the part where she got bleeped, but to answer your question: YES! And please get Nina Parker to fill in for her all 3 weeks. Wendy's head would pop off, she'd be so pissed at being upstaged by someone who can spill accurate tea and be funny without being a complete bitch.

Jerry O'Connell is supposed to be on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live and I know someone is bound to ask him about the tacky way Wendy "thanked" him for filling in for her. I can't wait! ;)

• Love 3
On 3/25/2018 at 12:50 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Did Dr Oz really step up and agree that WW has Grave's disease? He's not her doctor and I doubt he did blood work on Wendy before he came on her show to say without a doubt, she has Grave's disease. I think Dr. Oz was on her show simply for publicity and to comment on the disease itself. And because WW "people" thought having Oz on would gain lots of support for WW because mistakenly, they still believe Oz has millions of followers who believe every word that comes out of his mouth is gospel. He's lost his mojo.....quite some time ago. IMO

• Love 3
6 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I think the word she said that was bleeped was "douchebag." Out of nowhere she blurted out to him she thought that when he was Khloe Kardashian's boss on Khloe's short lived radio show, he was a douchebag. It came out of nowhere. Then he said he was like that because Khloe was bringing cocaine to the studio!! Then Wendy said, well, who doesn't? It was the strangest thing ever, a lot uncomfortable and you could tell he was pissed off but kept it professional.  Wendy is not one bit better than before in my opinion. A little bit of the old Wendy pre vacation is creeping back in to the show little by little every day. 

• Love 6

I began to notice that something was wrong when she was complaining that 60 Minutes (and the Stormy Daniels interview) was 45 minutes late due to the sports on TV. I believe her words were (this may not be an exact quote as I lost the scrap of paper I had written it down on) “sports show like volleyball, golf or whatever”. It was basketball (Duke vs Kansas March Madness). What person doesn’t recognize the sport?  She’s old enough to have had gym classes in High School and in NJ they did teach basketball. Something has gone wrong with her brain. She is addled. 

• Love 1

Wendy thinks that Sheree's boyfriend is gone when he gets out of jail?  Why?  He's got it good.  She works, he can kick back and blame his lack of employment on his incarceration.  

Hell, men live off successful women all the time.  Some even parley their relationship into a job, as a manager or executive producer or something.  They can cheat on the woman too.  But why leave the woman when the woman makes the money?

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Destiny74 said:

Wendy thinks that Sheree's boyfriend is gone when he gets out of jail?  Why?  He's got it good.  She works, he can kick back and blame his lack of employment on his incarceration.  

Hell, men live off successful women all the time.  Some even parley their relationship into a job, as a manager or executive producer or something.  They can cheat on the woman too.  But why leave the woman when the woman makes the money?

It almost sounds as though you are describing Big Kev. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, rmcrae said:

You should check out her memoir Wendy's Got the Heat, Mindthinkr. It's a good read.

I missed the part where she got bleeped, but to answer your question: YES! And please get Nina Parker to fill in for her all 3 weeks. Wendy's head would pop off, she'd be so pissed at being upstaged by someone who can spill accurate tea and be funny without being a complete bitch.

Jerry O'Connell is supposed to be on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live and I know someone is bound to ask him about the tacky way Wendy "thanked" him for filling in for her. I can't wait! ;)

Let us know if he mentions Miss Wendy.

• Love 2

Is Kevin Federline really such a bit story that she has to talk for 5 minutes about it every single day. And now the audience has to school her on Hot Topics. What a snooze. 

Don't think Tatum O'Neal will be coming back any time soon. She seemed totally frustrated with the fact that A) Wendy had a bunch of information about her wrong and she kept having to correct it, B) Wendy kept interrupting her, and C) Wendy did not seem to be able to track what Tatum was talking about. Not exactly the top 3 things that make for a great interview. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I saw that he hosted a Preview for the show Southern Charm (after WWHL) but didn’t see that he was on WWHL last night. I can’t wait to see this train wreck with Tatum. It comes on in 25 minutes. 

• Love 2

Jerry is too much of a gentlemen to call Wendy out. It is a small industry. He is not going to burn any bridges.

Someone needs to bring him back. 

Side eye to Dr. Oz for commenting on Wendy's health situation. They both work for the same network so I think he was told to do it. I wonder how much a soul costs these days. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I can’t wait to see this train wreck with Tatum. It comes on in 25 minutes. 

The missed hand shake at the end is the cherry on top, she leaves Tatum hanging!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

Lol! Throw that shade at Wendy, Destiny74! That was some exceptional snark! And SO true. 

• Love 1

Plug of the day: Air Wick. Her plugs stink, she needed that product. 

Wendy telling the Beehive (Beyoncé’s followers) to “just sit down”? That’ll open up a hornets nest. 

She was acting all like she knew the guy on American Idol until she looked at Norman and asked him if he was married. 

Terrible interview with Tatum. She clearly didn’t want to answer all those “old Hollywood” questions. SMH 

• Love 1

I have always thought Tatum O'Neil was and still is so gorgeous. 

I also think Tatum O'Neil was losing her patience with Wendy's stupid questions and comments. Awkward AF interview. 

Why is Wendy interrupting hot topics with her shameless plugs? Who's stupid idea is this? Big Kev's? It's disruptive and throws off the rhythm of hot topics. Stop it now, Wendy! 

Something is so off since she has been back. I know, I know, it was off before she went "away" but now it's off in a very different way, if that makes any sense. 

• Love 6

Look, I like air fresheners and I use Gold Bond lotion religiously but I agree with everyone saying enough is enough of the plugs.  They are shameless and kinda sad.

I have no idea if the plugs are to make money for the show or to make money for Wendy.  I wonder.  Is the cash for these shameless plugs going into her pocket?  

I'd hope not. But if they are for the show budget, what the heck, show?  You need money that badly?  Why?  Where is the budget for the show going?  Did someone get a large raise?  I'm kinda confused.  I, admittly, don't know anything about where budget comes from for talk shows but I don't see Jerry Springer plugging things on his show.  

So, I am honestly asking if anyone knows anything about this.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I saw that he hosted a Preview for the show Southern Charm (after WWHL) but didn’t see that he was on WWHL last night. I can’t wait to see this train wreck with Tatum. It comes on in 25 minutes. 

I saw a promo that listed Jerry as a guest specifically on WWHL for this week, but it didn't say what day. I'll have to look it up on the website tomorrow since my channel guide doesn't have anything.

Did the audience seriously laugh when Tatum said she had her first drink at 6? WTF could ever be funny about that?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Did the audience seriously laugh when Tatum said she had her first drink at 6? WTF could ever be funny about that?

Yes, they did. Tatum set them straight right away. She also set Wendy straight when Wendy said she was late because there was a fire blocking traffic. No dumbass, the fire was days ago, it was the funeral for the firefighter that was killed fighting a fire on a movie set that was blocking traffic. Tatum was not having any of Wendy's bullshit. She was awesome. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, druzy said:

JERRY.png

Everyone was having fun when Jerry hosted.

SUSAN.png

It was so nice seeing Suzanne and Norman looking so happy and relaxed. When either of them have been shown since Wendy's return their faces are back to showing that they are nervous and scared when it comes to what Wendy will do or say while pointing her attention towards them on camera.

• Love 3