Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, patty1h said:

Ding Ding Ding - mindthinkr gets a prize!  You are totally right about Jerry - he said as much during his first 2 minutes into the show.  He mentioned being on WWHL and being tired - I left that part out of my synopsis thinking it was trivial info.

Well thank you. I know my players. (Either that or I’ve been watching Wendy too long lol)

• Love 1

I am warming up to Jerry. With time, he could learn to be less manic. Despite being extra, he has enthusiasm for the job and doesn't take himself seriously. I hope he subs for Wendy more often. He is fun. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Dorit from RHOBH is going to be on and I have to get someone at the airport. Dang. I don’t have a DVR.

I enjoyed Jerry a lot today. He had some great Hot Topics. He went IN on Kylie Jenner and had a fun story about Kris. 

The interview with Dorit was pretty good, too. Problem with Jerry is that when he interviews he has troubles getting the questions out of his mouth. He kind of goes off on a bit of a tangent before the guest has a chance to answer. Time and experience would fix that I suppose. Anyway, MINDTHINKR I know you watch RHOBH so you will appreciate this:

Pee-kaay was in the audience and did not look happy and was not very friendly. Jerry was throwing shade at Dorit and it was great. He did it in a niceish way, though, telling her she was the villan this season. He said she tweeted something about Camille and it wasn't very nice. She said she's actually in a good place with Camille right now and when she tweeted she was in a bad mood because she had just had a fight with Pee-kaay! She was shilling her bikini beachwear line, obviously that's why she was there.  

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Please Pretty Please will someone watch the show for me tomorrow? (Wednesday) Dorit from RHOBH is going to be on and I have to get someone at the airport. Dang. I don’t have a DVR. If anyone knows where I could stream the show later (probably won’t get to it until Thursday) please send me a link. Ok virtual friends, I’m leaving it in your capable hands. Many many thanks. 

I just found that Bounce channel has the show repeated at 11:00 pm or sometimes, like tonight, at midnight.  You can go to her shows website and see the clips like hot topics etc.

Why is the stylist styling Jerry like he's black?  White men can't do the cool colors and today he looked ridiculous.  He needs a prayer cloth too.  Just saying.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Please Pretty Please will someone watch the show for me tomorrow? (Wednesday) Dorit from RHOBH is going to be on and I have to get someone at the airport. Dang. I don’t have a DVR. If anyone knows where I could stream the show later (probably won’t get to it until Thursday) please send me a link. Ok virtual friends, I’m leaving it in your capable hands. Many many thanks. 

Here's her segment from today on the show's website.

http://www.wendyshow.com/2018/03/14/dorits-housewives-dish/

12 hours ago, jumper sage said:

White men can't do the cool colors and today he looked ridiculous

Generalization.

re: All White men 

All different colorings among white folk

What color to wear is a 1st world problem.

@artisto - You are right there are coloring among ALL people.  I should have said that pasty Jerry should not have worn that suit he had on.  It looked comical.  Most women know what does and does not work with their skin shade.  I love yellow but it does not look as well on me as other colors and I have a mirror so I noticed.

On today's show he is wearing a nice colored suit but it is very poorly fitted.

I do notice he is interacting with Suzanne and Norman and they seem to be enjoying him.  Things were getting tense with them and Wendy.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

I love yellow but it does not look as well on me as other color

You and me on the yellow

Any yellow near my face would reflect off of my skin and I would look like this guy...snerk

5aaab1bc21a47_images(2).png.456d8ebe44b681b69c59fe5e188cda8d.png

Yesterday I thought Jerry was getting better, but then today he lost me again and I really couldn't take it. It's like watching an over-excited 5 year-old who doesn't know how to calm down. But even more annoying are the compulsory mentions and adulations of Wendy every 30 seconds. To whomever is making him do that: Jesus God, WE GET IT, we are getting her back whether we care or not!!

Hmm, Wendy calling Jerry from an "unknown" number and what they talked about is up to her if she wants to share. Sounding more and more like rehab to me, but why would they even let him say those things if she is trying to pass it off as just being about her Grave's disease. 

• Love 4

I couldn't make it even 5 minutes in today. He started going on about Cardi B's pregnancy so I changed the channel and actually did something productive which I hate to do. I cleaned an area of my home I had been avoiding because it was mostly paperwork and magazines. 

He needs some ADHD meds stat. He was saying the other day that he comes in 3rd or 4th at home behind the kids and pets at home. I can see why too since the kids and pets are probably calmer and less high strung then he is. I liked Jerry in Sliders and Crossing Jordan back in the day. It appears he could tone it down enough to concentrate on acting like a calm human being back then. Don't know if he was like this off set. I feel for his family having to put up with that behavior daily.

• Love 1

Today was the first show Ive had the time to watch with Jerry and my simple conclusion is this: I don't miss  Wendy. I don't like Jerry as a host. BUT I could watch and like this show with a different host besides WW and BatShit Goofy Crazy Jerry. 

• Love 2

I'm surprised that so many are hating on Jerry.

C'mon, this is a daytime show about celebrity gossip, not a political debate. Yes, he's a bit extra, but I think it suits this type of show well. Don't forget it's only day 4 into his new role. I secretly hope that Wendy doesn't return next week, unless she's refreshed and back to her old self (from a couple of years ago). I'd rather watch Jerry than a bitter Wendy.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Jaded said:

I couldn't make it even 5 minutes in today. He started going on about Cardi B's pregnancy so I changed the channel and actually did something productive which I hate to do. I cleaned an area of my home I had been avoiding because it was mostly paperwork and magazines. 

He needs some ADHD meds stat. He was saying the other day that he comes in 3rd or 4th at home behind the kids and pets at home. I can see why too since the kids and pets are probably calmer and less high strung then he is. I liked Jerry in Sliders and Crossing Jordan back in the day. It appears he could tone it down enough to concentrate on acting like a calm human being back then. Don't know if he was like this off set. I feel for his family having to put up with that behavior daily.

I really think his manic behavior is an ACT he's putting on for WW watchers because I saw him on an episode of Watch What Happens Live and he was actually watchable and spoke normally.   

• Love 5
20 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Even more annoying are the compulsory mentions and adulations of Wendy every 30 seconds. To whomever is making him do that: Jesus God, WE GET IT!

FUCKIN' THIS!  I find myself screaming 'OMG!' every...damned...time I hear him do that.  Today couldn't have come quicker, I will be so happy to see Wendy on Monday that I'll never complain about her heathen ways again!

He's the male Tiffany Haddish.

• Love 2

I busted out laughing during today's HT when Jerry was fake crying about the show "This is Us" and he picked up two Q-Tips and pretended to dab his eyes.  You know he's been long-time watching/studying the show to do that Wendy move. I think I'm gonna miss this crazy guy a little when Wendy returns.

I found Jerry to be a breath of fresh air AND incredibly annoying.  I actually said out loud a few times "he's so silly!".  I admit I laughed quite a few times at him, but it was like laughing at your 6 year old nephew who is rolling on the floor and you can like his enthusiasm and childish energy.  I hope he gets a good gig after this - he has a positive energy that the world can use.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

I busted out laughing during today's HT when Jerry was fake crying about the show "This is Us" and he picked up two Q-Tips and pretended to dab his eyes.  You know he's been long-time watching/studying the show to do that Wendy move. I think I'm gonna miss this crazy guy a little when Wendy returns.

I found Jerry to be a breath of fresh air AND incredibly annoying.  I actually said out loud a few times "he's so silly!".  I admit I laughed quite a few times at him, but it was like laughing at your 6 year old nephew who is rolling on the floor and you can like his enthusiasm and childish energy.  I hope he gets a good gig after this - he has a positive energy that the world can use.

Total co-sign on your entire post.  Very succinct sum up of my feelings.  Props to Jerry for being a clear superfan.  And as corny as he is, I love non-cynical, positive people in this world, it can be hard to come by.

3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

FUCKIN' THIS!  I find myself screaming 'OMG!' every...damned...time I hear him do that.  Today couldn't have come quicker, I will be so happy to see Wendy on Monday that I'll never complain about her heathen ways again!

He's the male Tiffany Haddish.

This so much.

Interested to see what the story Wendy spins when she returns.  I would respect her a lot if she straight up admitted she went to rehab to get healthy, and also decided to leave Big Kev.

Edited by DrivingSideways
  • Love 2

I cannot say more how much I enjoyed this week.  I literally LOLed each day.  The pace was good, the prepared topics and questions were good, and Jerry also has a very quick wit.  He's so obviously a fan, and it was cute how he mimicked some of Wendy's mannerisms but not in a shady way (or maybe it was shady...haha).  Yes, the constant call-outs to Wendy were annoying and he was "extra," but overall he has a wonderful, positive energy and was very funny.  He seemed to really make all of the guests and co-hosts welcome (even the chef and trendy at Wendy segments were fun).  He was a wonderful substitute.  I hope to see more of him on my t.v.  I don't watch Kelly and Ryan, so I didn't see all of his try-outs.  Wondering what he can do next...maybe a show on Bravo since he knows all of the shows?

• Love 6

When they put up a picture of Brielle I couldn't help but cringe and recoil in horror.  What the hell has she done to herself?  You only are young, 20ish for a short period in your life.  Why the hell would anyone do that much work to look like she 40?  Her mother should be ashamed.  Just because you and your daughter look the same age does not mean you look younger but that she looks so much older.

• Love 4

Are we going to place bets for Monday. Will Wendy say....

A) Drug rehab

B) Treatment for eating disorder

C) Emotional distress due to pending divorce

D) Stick to the Grave's story

And now a moment of silence for Suzanne and the Hot Topics helper guy. I've never seen them look happier than this week. 

• Love 7

I think Wendy will stick to the Graves disease story.  Having an illness is out of ones control; I don't think any producers want their hosts marital/addiction/personal issues to overshadow the flow/tone of the show.  This is supposedly a light, feel-good show, not a "watch the host go through an ugly public divorce" show.  

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 4

There are thousands of people who have to go through medication adjustments who don’t/can’t take off from work.  I had to do that and didn’t take three weeks off, and I don’t believe  Wendy did either.  There are other things in action here, but unless TMZ turns up something, we will never know.  

• Love 2

Of what shows I was able to see this week I must say that I enjoyed Jerry and thought he did a superb job of filling in. He was never boring or unprepared. I hope that when Wendy thinks about taking a vacation that she allows him to co-host again. I loved his segments with Kelly Ripa today although I thought that he was a little easy on her during the Hot Seat portion. Good job Jerry! 

I think that Wendy is going to stick with the Graves Disease explanation. It’s safe and not subject to snark, speculation and opinions. I have always maintained that something is wrong in the Hunter household but Wendy is not going to play this out like she’s a housewife from the Bravo network. She will try to control the narrative until the next photographer catches Big Kev out in Morristown with this side piece. 

• Love 5
On 3/16/2018 at 2:06 PM, DrivingSideways said:

I busted out laughing during today's HT when Jerry was fake crying about the show "This is Us" and he picked up two Q-Tips and pretended to dab his eyes. 

I loved Jerry's dancing entrance every day instead of Wendy talking baby steps on to the stage and to the purple chair because she's scared shitless of falling over. What a fool she looks like with those big ole boobs looking like they are going to cause her to topple over any second. 

With all the Wendy shout outs Jerry was obligated to do this week, I swear the qtip dabbing was his way of total shade throwing and I loved it! I also think Kelly Ripa should have chosen Jerry as her new sidekick when Strahan left instead of that dud Seacrest. 

I can't even imagine the yelling, screaming,  endless clapping and Wendy's crying when she walks out on stage Monday. Get your qtips ready, folks!

• Love 8
On 3/16/2018 at 8:23 PM, TVbitch said:

And now a moment of silence for Suzanne and the Hot Topics helper guy. I've never seen them look happier than this week. 

I noticed that too!  She is lucky to have such a nice cast and should be nicer to them.  I still grieve for white Norman.

Hot topics guy is black Norman.

• Love 3

I wouldn't have minded Jerry if he hadn't been so hyper. He was good at hosting but the extreme hyperactivity made me uncomfortable at times when I did watch so I'd change the channel. If he did get his own show it would probably be better if he had a co-host to bounce things off of and to help keep him in line.

Good Morning America is going to air a pre-taped interview with Wendy tomorrow morning. The Daily Mail has a clip and article about it. Nothing really new is mentioned though.

Edited by Jaded
On 3/18/2018 at 2:09 AM, DrivingSideways said:

The whole staff and audience seemed so much happier.

Did it seem like Jerry got better guests than Wendy also?  I wonder if they were already booked?  Kelly Ripa can't really be promoting anything?

I think that Kelly Ripa is genuinely fond of Jerry and they discussed that they are friends in real life outside of their shows. I wouldn’t necessarily say that she did it as a favor but I think she did it to be supportive of him. I read an article (forget where) about how Kelly was peeved that all this MeToo has taken a shot at her cohost Ryan. If the allegations prompted him needing to leave the show, Jerry’s name came up (again...like with the Strahan deal) as a possible replacement. I enjoyed their banter and don’t think that she would have been as comfortable with Wendy. 

Onto a new show with Wendy today. I hope whatever she did helped. 

• Love 3

I miss Jerry.

Wendy said Dr. Oz will explain her illness later in the show.

And here comes the shade...

Wendy just said that Jerry really can't do Hot Topics like she does because he lives in Calabasas and is friends with the celebrities. She then said "So I have nothing to worry about".

Now she is thanking her staff and took out 2 Q-tips to wipe both eyes.

She just thanked Big Kev for ushering her through all the madness- wasn't he the onset of this madness? Then she thanked "the boy".

Edited by druzy
  • Love 3

SPOILERS AHEAD

So, welcome back Wendy?  I expected more of an outpouring of love from the audience, but the clapping and hooting was rather subdued IMO.  I watched to see how she walked out at the beginning, but she seemed steady on her feet - though she was wearing flats.  I was rolling my eyes 5 minutes into HT when she was saying that the British royalty will probably end up killing Megan Markle like they did with Princess Di and her downplaying Jerry's ability to properly do HT.  I was cringing when she went on and on about Megan's nipples.  Hoo boy.  She touched on her medical issues and went on to say again how people need to take care of themselves and how she even had a brain scan to rule out early Alzheimers.  Then I gagged when she called Kevin "the love of my life!" and thanked him for standing by her, then she thanked her staff for sticking with her, with bonus tears and Q-Tips.   Oh, Norman made a quick appearance but no Suzanne.  The rest of HT was a blur of her saying that Cardi B isn't pregnant IHO, some RHOA stuff, Mary J Blige divorce, a second of Tamar's bald head, etc.  

I muted it as soon as Dr Oz came out because he makes my skin crawl, but he was there to go over Graves disease and for Wendy to thank him for helping her during this medical thing.  Why did I look up at one point and see two shriveled up body parts on a pillow(!) and realize he's showing what a good thyroid looks like?  Ghoul!

The rest of the show was Trendy at Wendy products, a quick contest in the audience (I was waiting to see if that plexiglass stand would be there to help Wendy balance, but it wasn't there).  Last thing was that a co-host was picked out to stand up and show off her outfit.  So, the show is right back on track and Wendy seems back to" normal".  

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, patty1h said:

SPOILERS AHEAD

So, welcome back Wendy?  I expected more of an outpouring of love from the audience, but the clapping and hooting was rather subdued IMO.  I watched to see how she walked out at the beginning, but she seemed steady on her feet - though she was wearing flats.  I was rolling my eyes 5 minutes into HT when she was saying that the British royalty will probably end up killing Megan Markle like they did with Princess Di and her downplaying Jerry's ability to properly do HT.  I was cringing when she went on and on about Megan's nipples.  Hoo boy.  She touched on her medical issues and went on to say again how people need to take care of themselves and how she even had a brain scan to rule out early Alzheimers.  Then I gagged when she called Kevin "the love of my life!" and thanked him for standing by her, then she thanked her staff for sticking with her, with bonus tears and Q-Tips.   Oh, Norman made a quick appearance but no Suzanne.  The rest of HT was a blur of her saying that Cardi B isn't pregnant IHO, some RHOA stuff, Mary J Blige divorce, a second of Tamar's bald head, etc.  

I muted it as soon as Dr Oz came out because he makes my skin crawl, but he was there to go over Graves disease and for Wendy to thank him for helping her during this medical thing.  Why did I look up at one point and see two shriveled up body parts on a pillow(!) and realize he's showing what a good thyroid looks like?  Ghoul!

The rest of the show was Trendy at Wendy products, a quick contest in the audience (I was waiting to see if that plexiglass stand would be there to help Wendy balance, but it wasn't there).  Last thing was that a co-host was picked out to stand up and show off her outfit.  So, the show is right back on track and Wendy seems back to" normal".  

OMGod the thanking Kevin and going on about what a great guy he is and when Dr. Oz said you saved your own life and you've got a good guy there and she said I know.... I almost upchucked. 

Didn't you know, Wendy is the first person to get a medical issue - In my mind she's looking for sympathetic viewers to keep her ratings up  or to get nto some medical journals and a case study.  Barf. 

Edited by Fishy
  • Love 5

I tried watching today but apparently my local FOX affiliate is screwed up or "received a bad copy" as they told me once before. The show "started" 6 min after 1pm  joining the Trendy Wendy segment a couple items in which I knew wasn't right. After that more commercials, the channel goes out so I turn it to something else and when tune in again at about 1:12 it was Hot Topics where she was talking about tests, breakups while she was gone and ragging on the one lady who accused Usher saying how bad her bra was in the pic the show was using. The channel went out again and now she's talking about the brain scan, 9 Drs checking her out and Kim from RHOA. 

• Love 3
On 3/12/2018 at 5:56 PM, TVbitch said:

So is Wendy just gonna show up next Monday, soak in 10 minutes of Suzanne-driven applause,  dab tears from her eyes with Q-tips over how much the audience "loves" her, and then tell us her Grave's disease is better. Cuz you are gonna have to do better than that bullshit, girl. 

Check, check, check, and check. 

Hilarious how she was unable to shut Dr. Oz down when he was going off about how hard she must have been to live with recently what with being all angry and depressed and blaming everyone for her issues. Hee! She's all IT WAS THE GRAVE'S DISEASE!! He's like, oh yeah, you have that, right. Sounds like "the team" (AKA everyone) in her life was super fed up with her shit and demanded she get thoroughly checked out. She seems better, but still obviously does not want to tell the real story, and I got the feeling she was, I don't know, like, trying real hard to pretend she was BACK.

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 5

I thought Wendy was not nearly as kind and thankful toward Jerry as she should have been on today's comeback show. She sort of dismissed him and honestly, he stepped up and did her a solid taking over for a bit. That was disappointing.

I like how Wendy wholeheartedly pointed out to Dr. Oz that she did NOT get DEPRESSED or GAIN WEIGHT. Ok, we get it girl. We get it. 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, goodbyeglittergirl said:

I thought Wendy was not nearly as kind and thankful toward Jerry as she should have been on today's comeback show. She sort of dismissed him and honestly, he stepped up and did her a solid taking over for a bit. That was disappointing.

I like how Wendy wholeheartedly pointed out to Dr. Oz that she did NOT get DEPRESSED or GAIN WEIGHT. Ok, we get it girl. We get it. 

I agree. And her “comeback” show was boring. And the shade she threw at people reaching out to her. Lol

• Love 3

Just finished it. I thought Wendy was thoughtfully dressed. Flats for stability and “puffy clothes” so we might think that she’s gained a bit of needed weight. She then suggested that Cardi B do the same when she hosts SNL to off sway the pregnancy rumors. I will say that I forgot just how big her chest is. If I didn’t know better I’d say she had them redone! (They only last 10-20 years) and silicon leakage could have been part of her health issue. I felt Dr Oz went with the Graves diagnoses but it was a little too pat for me. 

I wonder that she became ill and then saw that as a ploy to get further attention from Big Kev so she milked it dry  

My biggest beef: Wendy did not honorably thank Jerry for his kindness in keeping the buzz about her show going. She thanked her staff and crew, her co-hosts, then the 2 Qtip cry to the love of her life (give me a break). That’s how I’m going to start judging how much she feels about something when the tears flow. By the number of QTips. She never (I listened carefully) said thank you to Jerry. She circled around it which was close but no cigar in my book. Manners are manners and although I’m sure he got a paycheck for the week, the proper words needed to be said. Not just a shout out that she hoped that he found another gig with kids, videos or with Kelly Ripa. A heartfelt thank you. Shame on Wendy. 

I can’t believe she actually discussed Meghan Markles nipples. Oh my. The pre-nup...what knuckle head thought it was appropriate to leak that information? The comment about the only way you leave the Royal family is in a pine box? Nope, I’m sure they can afford better wood than pine. 

• Love 6

Shame on Wendy for not properly thanking Jerry for keeping her show going for her. Woman is full of jealousy and hate. 

4 hours ago, patty1h said:

Then I gagged when she called Kevin "the love of my life!"

Well, Big Kev may very well be the love of Wendy's life. Problem is she is certainly not the love of HIS life. 

5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

The comment about the only way you leave the Royal family is in a pine box?

Plenty of Royal's have gotten divorced. Another stupid comment from Wendy. I'm not happy to see her back. She sucks the life out of the room. 

• Love 6

I think I might just watch the guest segments I want to see on the show's website and skip watching the show in it's entirety on TV. Wendy's regretful attitude upon returning was a real turn off. Her rambling, shading, nipple talk and fake Q-Tip tears were a real turn off. I thought she might be more real after this "break". Instead we got pretty much the same Wendy we had from before.

Norman was back to having that scared look in his eyes which made me feel bad for him.

• Love 5

And another thing...it would have been cute if she said “love you, Jerry!” and blew him a kiss like he did to her 9,000 times. And have the audience say, “thank you, Jerry” as a nod to all that he said and did while he filled in for her, because you know she was watching...

• Love 9

Come back Jerry. You didn't let us finish when we said you were "extra." Extraordinary is what we were trying to say. Don't worry. We will let this little misunderstanding go. Come on back. 

Jerry was so gracious towards Wendy. She showed her true colors by not giving him the credit that he is due.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Jerry was so gracious towards Wendy. She showed her true colors by not giving him the credit that he is due.

Haven't watched yet but THIS, A MILLION TIMES OVER!!!!!!!!!!! 

He didn't save her show or anything so dramatic but he gave me a reason to tune in for a week.  A reason to keep WW on my DVR.  And honestly, a breath of fresh air to her show.

In entertainment, if you take a break, people forget you and move on.  Entertainers are a dime a dozen.  Wendy should realize this and at least thank the man who kept her chair, and her time slot, warm for a while.

• Love 6

I also couldn’t believe when she said problem royals wind up in a pine box.  Now, if you think about it, a comment like that could be legally actionable.  She basically said some royals were murdered, which is a stupid thing for her to say.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 3

I've been on these boards for a while, and always defended Wendy while shading her.  At the end of the day, I adore her, and give her credit for a long, successful career - and managing to transition from radio hip-hop gossip queen to a new audience on daytime TV.  But I have to say, her return really turned me off.

I wasn't excited about Jerry, but he kind of won me over.  Who knows what went on behind the scenes, but Wendy should have been more thankful to him upon her return.  But that's not even what upsets me.

I believe Wendy lied about her hiatus.  That's her business.  But to thank Big Kevin while he runs around town with another woman?  For all the world to see?  Wendy is that friend who is in a shitty relationship, and gets mad at YOU when you try to give her a reality check.  For such a strong, successful woman, she's letting a piece of garbage destroy her life.  She resents that we all know the truth, and is working double time to deceive us.  Watching her show makes me sad, it didn't used to be this way.

• Love 11
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:39 AM, KLovestoShop said:

Ok, here's my take.  She says she has Hyperthyroidism and has to take a three week vacation.   That makes no sense, as millions of women have this affliction and can't afford to take 3 weeks off.  Not only that, but going away for three weeks won't cure this---she's still going to have it in three weeks.  She could treat it medically with no problem, and taking vacations will have no effect.   My mom had this, and taking one small pill a day took care of it for more than 30 years.  She didn't need a three week vacation.  I'm not in any way dismissing Wendy's problem, but I'm just saying vacations don't cure it.  Perhaps she should focus on ONE thing instead of all the outside interests.  

I feel bad for her staff and I hope they will still get paid while she's off on vacation.  

When I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in June/July 2003, I took two months off due to being sick and stressed and burned out from dealing with my husband's illness. He was diagnosed with Acute Renal Failure in November 2000 and was given two weeks to live. He was on dialysis and was at the top of the transplant list when I was diagnosed. His kidney specialist and the dialysis unit social worker were worried about me along with my doctor. I went the medication route and was told it would take six to eight weeks for the med to start working. I could not afford to take the time off, but I knew mentally and physically I needed to focus on getting better. My husband's kidney specialist came right out and ask me if I could deal with my husband getting a new kidney, and I said no because I was too sick and stressed out. He went off the transplant list for a few months until I started feeling better.

Right now I am sick after having a radiation iodine treatment in December 20012 because the Graves Disease came back in August 2012. My endocrinologist said I am very sensitive to hyperthyroid symptoms, and we have been working hard to find the right dosage and try to keep my thyroid hormone levels steady. I also have low Vitamin D levels which may be part of the reason why I am sick. I am not able to work due to the multiple health issues I have after I started taking a thyroid hormone replacement medication in late January 2013.

I have no clue to what is going on with Wendy, and I do not watch her show. If she does have Graves Disease, I wish her the best. It can be hard to treat and finding the right medication dosage can be hard. Thankfully there are patients who can be treated with no or hardly any problems. She may also have other medical conditions affecting her thyroid, and yes stress can play a role in it.

7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

When I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in June/July 2003, I took two months off due to being sick and stressed and burned out from dealing with my husband's illness. He was diagnosed with Acute Renal Failure in November 2000 and was given two weeks to live. He was on dialysis and was at the top of the transplant list when I was diagnosed. His kidney specialist and the dialysis unit social worker were worried about me along with my doctor. I went the medication route and was told it would take six to eight weeks for the med to start working. I could not afford to take the time off, but I knew mentally and physically I needed to focus on getting better. My husband's kidney specialist came right out and ask me if I could deal with my husband getting a new kidney, and I said no because I was too sick and stressed out. He went off the transplant list for a few months until I started feeling better.

Right now I am sick after having a radiation iodine treatment in December 20012 because the Graves Disease came back in August 2012. My endocrinologist said I am very sensitive to hyperthyroid symptoms, and we have been working hard to find the right dosage and try to keep my thyroid hormone levels steady. I also have low Vitamin D levels which may be part of the reason why I am sick. I am not able to work due to the multiple health issues I have after I started taking a thyroid hormone replacement medication in late January 2013.

I have no clue to what is going on with Wendy, and I do not watch her show. If she does have Graves Disease, I wish her the best. It can be hard to treat and finding the right medication dosage can be hard. Thankfully there are patients who can be treated with no or hardly any problems. She may also have other medical conditions affecting her thyroid, and yes stress can play a role in it.

Thank you for your insight and personal story regarding Graves Disease. I hope that both you and your husband are leading well lives now. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

So sorry for all you and your husband have been through. I hope life will be better and kinder for both of you. I sense much more sincerity in how you are dealing with your plight than I do with Wendy. Nevertheless, most of us PT posters care about each other more than, or as much as, family. So know that you can always count on us for emotional support.

Now....onto the Wendy snark: What the Maria Von Trapp is Wendy weariing? And why is her wig pulled so far back on her forehead? She looks like a bunch of pre schoolers styled her look.  And Dr. Oz is so yesteryear! Lol.

• Love 5

Jerry was a bit much, but he grew on me.  I appreciated his sincerity about wanting to do a good job and listening to feedback (even though he couldn’t quite calm himself enough, I give him credit that he was trying to improve).  I think if he had more time and could get more comfortable he might have relaxed a bit more.  Still may have been too OTT for me but I found myself a little bummed the week was over.  I did love the jacket the staff got for him, it seems like they genuinely enjoyed him.

I have no reason to believe Wendy’s medical issues weren’t serious and real.  However, now that she says it’s all worked out I am expecting her to be more prepared and focused.  I’m tired of housewives and rappers, that seems to be the main things that interest her and that she can speak to without a ton of assistance from Norman. That and Lifetime movies.  

• Love 5

I put my money where my mouth is. Yesterday I sent Wendy and Jerry a tweet calling her out for not saying a proper thank you and shame on her. I’ve gotten a few likes including one from Jerry himself. 

• Love 16
40 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I put my money where my mouth is. Yesterday I sent Wendy and Jerry a tweet calling her out for not saying a proper thank you and shame on her. I’ve gotten a few likes including one from Jerry himself. better 

That's so cool that you did that! Wendy is probably ALWAYS living in fear that someone else can do a better job than she. I know Jerry kept saying how WW is one of a kind and nobody can ever take her place blah blah blah. But the truth is...Wendy is NOT doing anything new/different/innovative in the world of talk shows. Her lucky charm is her "time slot"....weekday mornings. Not much else to watch. 

• Love 9