Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E13: A River of Endless Light

• Start Topic

I loved that CT used his hunky brain to win against Darrell.  Darrell didn't have a chance.   Total unfair fight.  

Ashley is such a little brat.   Yep, her friends didn't make it.  Suck it up and go out there and compete.  \

I did feel the whole ceremony on the Diem's anniversary was pretty emotionally manipulating of MTV.  Would they have still done that ceremony if CT got sent home instead of Darrell?   It just left a bad taste in my mouth.   I'm not even sure that is fair, but the whole thing made me feel icky.  

And on to the challenge we go.   If CT doesn't win this whole thing....I'm gonna be pissed.  #TeamCT  

• Love 6

That was good. Aside from Smashley going nuts for a few minutes and Darrell going out, I was cool with this episode.

Yeah, the "anniversary" was a bit much, but I am happy that CT could push through. Also nice Camila has fond memories of Diem. I'm still hoping she doesn't win, because psychos shouldn't keep lucking into the handsome reward.

Hold your head high, Darrell. Yeah, you lost to CT that didn't involve direct confrontation, but who would've tried to make a huge knot? The only guy I can think of is Derrick, because he's so wee. Wouldn't have expected that from CT. Also a bit stunned that he can play life coach to Smashley for a few minutes.

• Love 4

MTV, why the hell are the underdogs and Champs forced to work with each other on the final when the whole point of this season was supposed to be underdogs going against Champs? MTV sure screwed up the format of what could've been an awesome season.

I'm rooting for both CT and Camila to win. I felt bad seeing Darrell eliminated, but I can never be mad at CT winning. He'll always be one of my favorite people on the Challenge.

Speaking of CT, I'm happy to see that he's in a better place now than where he described being after Diem's passing. I personally thought the ceremony was a nice departure from the partying that we usually see the people on the Challenge doing.

• Love 7

It always pleasantly surprises me when I see old CT and remember how ridiculously good-looking he has always been.

Ashley, you are annoying and I have no idea what you were carrying on about, but when CT was giving you a pep talk and you were standing there fresh-faced and with no/minimal makeup, you have never looked prettier.  Take a note.

Nicole blat blat blat, I don't care about your love life.

Nelson looked treacherous attempting to swim and if I were to ever go on one of these shows I would look the exact same way.

• Love 2

Ugh! Fuckin Ashley! Every season she's screaming about going home but she never has and never will leave early. Nelson was spot on, it's all for the cameras. She sucks so much, and I laughed so hard when she said "multiple loses."

CT is so entertaining and in a fun way. His great personality just emphasizes how awful all these new poeple are. 

Watching Nelson try and swim against the current is everything! I couldn't help but think "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep simmming swimming swimming. What do we do? We swim!"

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Steph619 said:

Speaking of CT, I'm happy to see that he's in a better place now than where he described being after Diem's passing. I personally thought the ceremony was a nice departure from the partying that we usually see the people on the Challenge doing.

Me too.

Maybe it's nitpicking, but it bugged me when Camilla (and others?) kept saying it was Diem's "anniversary"  without adding "of the day she died."  I honestly didn't get it at first.  I know....grammar police.

• Love 2

I wish they didn't have to have partners either.   If you are gonna make them free agents for the finals.....then have every man and woman for themselves.  I did laugh at the beginning of the Challenge....where the Champs immediately went out to a HUGE lead.  Yep.  

Whenever they get to the gross eating challenge...the female who is partnered with CT is gonna luck out since that boy will just house whatever is put in front of him.  

• Love 1

It says a lot about the type of people they recruit when Ashley is the smartest person on the team.

Sad to see Darrell go, but glad we get to keep CT.  They definitely got me with the Diem anniversary.  I was never a Diem fan, but that moment between her and CT on the mountain is one of my all time favorites on this stupid show because it was just so damn genuine and real.  Plus, Diem's battle always makes me so damn emotional because we're about the same age and I can only imagine what it must have been to deal with that on top of everything else that's going on in your 20s and early 30s. 

Again, not happy with how they screwed this format, but I'm sticking around to hopefully see CT take this.

• Love 5

I wish Darrell and CT could have made it and Camila gone home.  Oh well, good knotting job, CT!   

Okay, the Thai ceremony.  I don't particularly care for Nelson, didn't watch his original season, but it does sound like he had a lot of tough stuff to overcome in his earlier life, so I can understand his reflections on letting that go.  Same with Nicole, I don't care too much about her, am not buying that the Laurel thing is true love versus "best choice of the people I am with in this intense situation," but it does sound like her recent breakup was really hard on her and I do sympathize with that one.  CT's letting go (painful feelings around Diem's passing) and moving on (son) was obvious and his feelings were obviously authentic (okay, I even teared up a little).  Ashley, Camila--not sure what they were upset about*, but I think they did get caught up in the moment and who am I to judge, but I'll let them have it.

But Cory--did we even see any words from him about what past and future he was letting go of?  I mean if he had said "this is stupid, I don't do rituals" I would actually have respected that (I mean not if he said it in front of someone for whom it was meaningful, that's just rude, but in a talking head) and would have appreciated the show airing it.  

*I do believe that Camila was also shaken by the anniversary of Diem's death, but I don't think that her "letting go" float was about that, and her words in the ceremony weren't about that.

It always amuses me when they move into another luxurious house that's basically the same as the previous house (well, maybe comfier beds, but the amenities, pool, view, etc. are the same) and they are required to gush over it as if they'd just moved from the beach shack.  Laughed at CT falling into the twin bed.

The graphic went by quickly, but whichever guy (Nelson?) complained about being stuck with Nicole as the worst swimmer--I think she was indicated as being second to the CT/Camila pair in the long view!  But they had to only show that for like a second so they could show lengthy glub-glub footage of the water that was trying to drown Nelson.  So dramatic!  I'm all agog waiting to see if he drowns!  (Sigh).  

• Love 1

Nelson, who I usually dismiss as a dumbass Wayans brother knockoff, was spot on about Ashley. She was just looking for camera time. Everyone was off doing their own thing and no one was paying attention to her. I did like CT's pep talk. He was such a dad.

Nelson and Nicole's conversation about Laurel surprised me because I didn't think Nicole really cared.

Didn't Camilla's grandmother die during the last challenge she was on?

• Love 2

I am glad CT won, but also sad to see Darrell go. 

I hate how Nicole talks in questions. Such as, Do I think that's a good idea? No I don't. Should I eat all this peanut butter? Yes, I should. That type of talking drives me bonkers. 

I am so glad CT's son has given him hope.  That's beautiful.  

Ashley acts so dumb, and I love how Nelson said to put all the cameras on her, because that's all she wanted.  

Edited by Kimitria
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Maybe it's nitpicking, but it bugged me when Camilla (and others?) kept saying it was Diem's "anniversary"  without adding "of the day she died."  I honestly didn't get it at first.  I know....grammar police.

You're not alone! I thought she meant birthday, since the two are interchangeable in Portuguese.

• Love 3

So I am back to complain about the format again.  If the plan was to have four of the underdogs in the finals, then why oh why could Darrell and Laurel not have stayed too. Makes no sense.  Nelson has always bugged me. I think he takes this all waaay too seriously, but his expert takedown of Ashley was something to behold. Good on ya, kid. 

• Love 3

HATE the format.  But even within the confines of the top 6 in the fnals, I HATE that they're forced to pair up and can't pick the same person twice.  Why didn't they develop an individual final to support the individual prize money.  Just stupid.

Nelson has always bugged me.

Halfway through the episode, I was like "Nelson is still there?  How did he make the finals?"

• Love 2

I am so glad these shows are filmed months prior and so I knew I didn't really have to worry that CT might die of exhaustion.  And yet I was kinda scared. 

Darrel's cool and all but CT is my all time favorite contestant ever

Sad about the Diem thing, happy That his son gave him a new lease on life.  Is he still with his son's mother?  Didn't he call her a few episodes ago and have a fairly loving conversation?  I wonder if this ongoing love for/memories of Diem bothers her or does she know it comes with the CT territory?  Or maybe they're not together

Please CT, win this thing!

• Love 2

I was going to be both happy and sad regardless of who won between Darrell and CT. 

Ashley is nuts. She went wacko all because she didn't have people to shoot the shit with? Unless we missed some stuff due to editing, she was being all paranoid about people talking about her and chirping...though I don't think that was the case because she was specifically called out about what she heard, she couldn't answer. Nelson was bang on though - she wanted some attention and she didn't have her friend Amanda to attract cameras while they talked shit about everyone else in the house. 

I didn't like the ceremony thing...I felt like it was specifically chosen on that night to emotionally manipulate CT. I feel like if they wanted to truly tribute her, they could have dedicated the end of the episode with a note of her anniversary and show that same tribute video. I don't feel like they arrange that ceremony if CT was the one that was sent packing prior to that night. He handled it well though. 

Nelson didn't even look like he was moving, lol. Everyone worried about Nicole yet she was ahead of all of the rookies. My only requirement is that I wanna see CT take home $100K. 

Edit: I really feel for the guys having to pair up with Camila and Ashley for any parts of this finale. At the first sign of struggle, Ashley's first instinct is to call it quits...you have to expend unnecessary energy to talk her off the ledge and motivate her. At the first sign of struggle, Camila just loses all patience and goes off like an explosion. Somehow she thinks that she's motivating her partners by insulting, demeaning and shaming them into a better performance. Poor guys. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

I am so glad these shows are filmed months prior and so I knew I didn't really have to worry that CT might die of exhaustion.  And yet I was kinda scared. 

Sad about the Diem thing, happy That his son gave him a new lease on life.  Is he still with his son's mother?  Didn't he call her a few episodes ago and have a fairly loving conversation?  I wonder if this ongoing love for/memories of Diem bothers her or does she know it comes with the CT territory?  Or maybe they're not together

I have always disliked CT and his loveable tough guy persona. I was saddened to see Darrell go, especially because he seems to come across very real on camera. I've always suspected CT of "playing a role for MTV." When he was younger he was playing the loveable tough guy. Now that he's older he's the wise dad, glasses, coffee, early bedtime, motivational talks and all. Also, I've always suspected his relationship with Diem to be part of his "tv role". I followed her on instagram and she posted a lot with different friends and associates, but there was never a picture or a mention of CT. I always thought that was weird. 

• Love 4

I don't think it's unfair that there are 4 underdogs and only 2 champions.

There were more underdogs to begin with and they went through more eliminations, competed longer.

what was the name of that private resort?  Looks like a great place to vacation.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

I could not imagine being his sons mother (or girlfriend) and having to see these endless tributes to Diem being "the love of his life." 

Tributes to Diem as a singular person are fine, but when CT has obviously moved on it might be time to stop framing them in the context of "CT and Diem; greatest love story ever told." 

To me it makes it seem like she's barely even a person outside of her relationship with CT.

• Love 2

I hated this episode. It was nothing but filler, and completely unnecessary! They should have just had the guy's elimination at the end of last week's ep, and had the finals this week. Ugh. We get it, Diem died. It's such a tragedy. CT is so upset. Fan girls love to see the soft side of CT... only, that shit doesn't work anymore (for me) because he's soft at all times now. Lame.  Next.

• Love 3
On 4/26/2017 at 7:24 PM, Blissfool said:

I have always disliked CT and his loveable tough guy persona. I was saddened to see Darrell go, especially because he seems to come across very real on camera. I've always suspected CT of "playing a role for MTV." When he was younger he was playing the loveable tough guy. Now that he's older he's the wise dad, glasses, coffee, early bedtime, motivational talks and all. Also, I've always suspected his relationship with Diem to be part of his "tv role". I followed her on instagram and she posted a lot with different friends and associates, but there was never a picture or a mention of CT. I always thought that was weird. 

I never considered CT to be lovable at all, I considered him to be a complete violent psycho. He would lose all control and hurt people. I can't ever forget him going after Adam and foaming at the mouth while poor Adam was looking for a place to hide. He was violent with people on so many different seasons including his Real World season that a few seasons of "nice" CT and a few "aw" moments with Diem doesn't erase that for me.

I think we're alone but I too was rooting for Darrell.  

• Love 6

I'm with you guys. CT has always been able to put on the charm since his "Paris" days and then act like a raving lunatic at the smallest provocation. Sometimes I find myself being drawn in and then I have to remind myself that he's likely a sociopath.

I hated this episode. It was nothing but filler, and completely unnecessary!

Is this not the longest season ever?! And now I read the finale is a two-parter. MTV really is dragging this crap out.

• Love 3

I posted on CT at the Challengers thread. I can't see him being a sociopath. Insert obvious joke about Abram here.

I felt bad that the format only allowed two Champions in the finale. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and Darrell had been off the map since Fresh Meat II, while CT last competed in BOTE2. Maybe if Johnny took a break of a few seasons, we might miss him.

15 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I never considered CT to be lovable at all, I considered him to be a complete violent psycho. He would lose all control and hurt people. I can't ever forget him going after Adam and foaming at the mouth while poor Adam was looking for a place to hide. He was violent with people on so many different seasons including his Real World season that a few seasons of "nice" CT and a few "aw" moments with Diem doesn't erase that for me.

I totally agree. I can't stand the guy. His unhinged moments outweigh his niceties, in my book.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I totally agree. I can't stand the guy. His unhinged moments outweigh his niceties, in my book.

Like I said,  from reading this thread, I think we're completely alone in this.  I just don't understand how people can forget what kind of guy he really is, it hasn't been that long since he was acting like a psychopath. He was violent on just about every season he was ever on.  Way back when I always wished that they would ban him from any future challenges because he's a nut job. A cute kid and a nice season or two can't erase that from my memory. 

• Love 2

Like I said,  from reading this thread, I think we're completely alone in this.

*raises hand*

I don't like CT either - never have. I've always thought of him as a very crazy and violent person. I thought maybe I was insane or something after all these years of reading message boards with nothing but love for him!

On 4/28/2017 at 7:20 PM, Maharincess said:

Like I said,  from reading this thread, I think we're completely alone in this.  I just don't understand how people can forget what kind of guy he really is, it hasn't been that long since he was acting like a psychopath. He was violent on just about every season he was ever on.  Way back when I always wished that they would ban him from any future challenges because he's a nut job. A cute kid and a nice season or two can't erase that from my memory. 

1 minute ago, shelley1234 said:

At least CT owned his behavior unlike most of the others on this show with excuses and justifications.   

I also think he matured and grew up.   

I'll be rooting for CT to win and rooting hard.  

I've never forgotten the things CT has done.  But like @shelley1234 pointed out, he is one of the few that never made excuses for his behavior, and also one of the few who we've seen grow.  Part of the reason I can't stand Johnny is because he is still the exact same person he was when he showed up in Key West x-million years ago.  He's either a man-child or committed to playing his role for the camera.  I've never considered CT to be one who puts on a show for the camera.  Sometimes he's nice; sometimes he's fucking insane.  And that's just the way he is.  I don't mind that, but I can certainly see where many people would.

• Love 3