Type keyword(s) to search

Being Matt

ginger90
  • Start Topic

Matt's son: "You're a good person (whatever shit he said)"

Matt: "True."

Fuck you mutherfucker. Jo, Javi, Gary, Randy, Cole, and Cory are good men. You are lower than the earthworms in my garden.

I hope this thread shows up in Matt's searches of himself - you know he does nothing else all day but search about himself.  We know you for what you really are you fucking schemer who makes ogres look good.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I hope this thread shows up in Matt's searches of himself - you know he does nothing else all day but search about himself.  

Just to help that along... Matt Baier, Amber Portwood's boyfriend from MTV's TEEN MOM 2,** is a lying liar that lies and a con man that doesn't deserve the money, attention, or cushy life he is making for himself. I will wait for the recap of this episode because honestly, at this point, just looking at the man pisses me off. 

**Just to help along the keywords in his Google search. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Anyone who watches is made of stronger stuff. He is the lowest and I can't believe it because she is awful but I feel sorry for Amber. She will be left with nothing.

• Love 8

Hey, MTV?  If your goal in broadcasting this special is to endear Matt to us or otherwise alter the overwhelmingly negative public opinion toward him, you're not quite hitting the mark.  This dude is the ultimate shady piece of shit.  I feel sorry for the two visibly uncomfortable adult children he's managed to convince to visit him.  Hell, I even feel sorry for Christopher, who's being raked over the coals in absentia by his own father.  But Matt still wonders why his son has issues and never seems to come around, huh?

• Love 16

He is a sociopath who will bleed Amber dry. I would feel sorry for her if she didn't make things so hard for Gary and Christine or if she tried to be present for her kid. At this point Amber deserves everything she gets (or loses). 

It's "his" car, Amber.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 13

He got called out by one of the producers - worth watching just for that. 

The sink scene was interesting. Seems typical of men who have issues expressing real emotions - like love, with other men. 

His son said he loved him and that he likes to let him know that every night. Matt said "I know you do" (not in a mean way, just validating that he knows) and pushed past him to get to the sink.  Instead of using that moment to say that he loves his on back and giving him a huge hug - which is what you expect in that moment. 

How sad. I don't know what's wrong with Matt, but that kid deserved and wanted (based on the look on his face and quiver in his voice) some affection from his father in that moment. 

Also I felt Matt spend the entire visit with his kids talking about the kid that wasn't there. His son who was present and trying to spend time with him must be so sick of hearing about the screw up. Lots of people make that mistake - spending the precious time they have with their present kid, talking about the one that didn't make the effort to show up. 

UPATE: just saw Matts tweet about the sink moment

Edited by lilsadone
  • Love 7

I didn't watch this episode, but seeing as how it appears that not many here did, I'm going to go ahead and post these tweets. They sound like things that happened on the show. This Amber account is a parody, not the real Amber.

He is being trashed on Twitter, but it is just to much to parse and paste here. I'll keep reading and post anything else that really stands out, but basically, he didn't go over well with viewers. I've long suspected that some of the die hard fans of these girls are bought, especially when it comes to Janelle, and fully expect the positive tweets to begin as soon as they pay for them.

• Love 8

So much to snark about that I don't know where to start.

Matt with the cars. They have 3 cars! The minivan, the compact and the corvette. Then he buys his daughter a car. I love how he kept saying HE Bought them. Gimme a break

Andrew and Brooklyn appear to be very sweet kids, but we all know that is due to their mother. At the golf place he said how they are grown and on their own! Brooklyn is only 19 and in college and Andrew looked about 16 and in high school. Kids still need and rely on parents at this age. Is he helping with tuition, or child support now that HE has money. IIRC he has been with amber for almost 3 years and he left them even earlier than that. Bying brooklyn a used car was a shallow gesture.

He said a myth is that they have money cause they are on tv, well his house, 3 cars, Drum set, guitar and $800 school clothes begs to differ.

Amber can't be bothered to ride in the car to pick up Leah, leaving that child to ride along with Matt and 2 complete strangers. Then they go buy a car and come back and Amber is just waking up!

Also I have a question, Matt 2 daughters that were adopted by their step-dad. How old are they? Does he never see them or talk to them. Yet he claims he is a good dad and good man. How creepy when you have your girlfriend be the same age as his son. I wonder if Brooklyn is really OK with amber being only 7 years older.

Finally when amber said they share the bank account made my skin crawl.

• Love 9

I got to hand it to those who took one for the team and came back to report. Thank you. It must have been hard to watch. I feel as if we are planning to take this guy down and we need a few agents to go out and gather this information. lol  Again, thanks for watching and sharing.

Let me clear up the "non hug". I DID hug my son right after for a long time. Unfortunately it was cut. I was at the sink with tears. #facts

More like alternative facts you sleazeball. This is a show devoted to YOU. You are going to tell me the one time you supposedly hugged your son, MTV edited it out? You are a liar. Either you hugged him only that one time or there were no hugs given. My mind tells me you never hugged him. You had a film crew with you and you had plenty of opportunities to hug your son and show some affection.

For those who watched, were there any scenes of affection between sleazeball Matt and his child?

• Love 7

Exactly! I know reality shows are cut and edited all the time, but do Matt and Amber really expect us to believe that every moment they act like decent (using that term extremely loosely) human being, that it just happens to get cut?

• Love 8

Shitfire and light the matches. 

I said I wasn't going to watch it and I did. 

1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I got to hand it to those who took one for the team and came back to report. Thank you. It must have been hard to watch. I feel as if we are planning to take this guy down and we need a few agents to go out and gather this information. lol 

I watch a lot of Investigation ID, Disappeared, Dateline, and 20/20. I bet my son and I could do it. Think someone would start a Go Fund Me for it?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

So much to snark about that I don't know where to start.

Matt with the cars. They have 3 cars! The minivan, the compact and the corvette. Then he buys his daughter a car. I love how he kept saying HE Bought them. Gimme a break

Andrew and Brooklyn appear to be very sweet kids, but we all know that is due to their mother. At the golf place he said how they are grown and on their own! Brooklyn is only 19 and in college and Andrew looked about 16 and in high school. Kids still need and rely on parents at this age. Is he helping with tuition, or child support now that HE has money. IIRC he has been with amber for almost 3 years and he left them even earlier than that. Bying brooklyn a used car was a shallow gesture.

He said a myth is that they have money cause they are on tv, well his house, 3 cars, Drum set, guitar and $800 school clothes begs to differ.

Amber can't be bothered to ride in the car to pick up Leah, leaving that child to ride along with Matt and 2 complete strangers. Then they go buy a car and come back and Amber is just waking up!

Also I have a question, Matt 2 daughters that were adopted by their step-dad. How old are they? Does he never see them or talk to them. Yet he claims he is a good dad and good man. How creepy when you have your girlfriend be the same age as his son. I wonder if Brooklyn is really OK with amber being only 7 years older.

Finally when amber said they share the bank account made my skin crawl.

My kids are just a bit older than Brooklyn and Andrew and they still rely on us a lot.  They can fool themselves into thinking Matt is a good dad because he waited until his kids were in their teens to abandoned them, but they needed him then, and they need him now.  Clearly he thinks he deserves a medal because he texts his son every night.  

That visit was so awkward and uncomfortable.  Those kids are old enough to know they were used in an attempt to make their father look good for a reality TV special.  The whole show was nothing more than "look, I'm not a dead beat dad".  Actions speak louder than words, and this show failed miserably at even making him look like a decent human being, let alone a good dad.  

• Love 9
Just now, CofCinci said:

Did anyone catch how the dogs destroyed the walls/corners? When they filmed this weekend, they have only lived there for 6 months.  The landlords weren't making that up. 

Yes!  I was going to make the same comment.  The dogs have destroyed the doors and baseboards and trim with their scratching.  I takes a LOT of scratching to do that kind of destruction - and most likely the dogs were scratching at the doors because they wanted to go out, but there'd be no need for all that scratching if someone paid attention to them and let them out when they first asked - or were trained!    Did you notice the 'almost' fight between 2 of the dogs (one of them a rottweiler) over a bone and how Matt had to break it up?  That could have escalated very quickly;  I wonder how many times the dogs fight with no human being there to break it up.      

Edited by rayndon
  • Love 4

I saw the very end of this where Amber was making the comment about how the 2 children that Matt "raised" turned out to be great people while the ones he did not are not good people and that should say something about Matt (ummm...that he's scumball?).

My questions: How long was he with the mother of the 2 children shown. How many verified children does Matt have?

Also, Amber deserves everything she is going to get from Matt. Everything.

• Love 10

Well, it was a cluster F. He only left these children two years ago? Hasn't he been screwing around with Amber at least that long? Did he leave a wife? And who the hell are all these other various children in different parts of the country? Are we to believe Matt just randomly traveled and knocked up everyone he met (I guess I do believe that)? Not that many answers, and I don't think it did them any favors. 

Amber looks 40 compared to the young and normal looking Brooklyn. Who was clearly there for the car. She's no dummy. Sit and pretend to love Leah (poor thing thinks she's going to ever see that big sister again), and you'll get something out of this. How miserably uncomfortable were the car rides together? 

Matt showed a scary flash of anger when the producer interrupted him during his self-praising speech at the golf place. He's trying to play nice guy who throws away money like water and only wants to see his kids. But we still remember the fist through the wall in Vegas. That's the real guy. 

So it looks like quality time with Boo Boo is to get her on an instrument so that Amber can ignore her and take drum lessons. Isn't the bass a little odd for a little girl? Why not drums since that's what Amber has at home? Or guitar, where you actually play some songs? 

I cant even deal with the dog stuff. In just about every scene you could hear a bunch of them barking from somewhere in the house. I'm guessing they're locked in the basement. How do you know when they have to go out? My dog gives me a little huff when he has to go. How would you ever know in all that chaos? 

Am I the only one who laughed out loud every time Amber would say "mamber"? I couldn't figure out what that meant or why she was so proud of it. I guess the M was for Matt, but it sounds like mammory glands Amber. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Did anyone catch how the dogs destroyed the walls/corners? When they filmed this weekend, they have only lived there for 6 months.  The landlords weren't making that up. 

I saw that! And they chewed bottom of the handle on the sliding glass door. I would be FURIOUS. And it takes a lot to get the door to that state. One would think they're never home, when in reality they're home all the time. They're just ignoring the fucking dog. Dogs.  If my dog was scratching at the door enough to do that damage in a few months, it would drive me insane. 

1 hour ago, rayndon said:

Yes!  I was going to make the same comment.  The dogs have destroyed the doors and baseboards and trim with their scratching.  I takes a LOT of scratching to do that kind of destruction - and most likely the dogs were scratching at the doors because they wanted to go out, but there'd be no need for all that scratching if someone paid attention to them and let them out when they first asked - or were trained!    Did you notice the 'almost' fight between 2 of the dogs (one of them a rottweiler) over a bone and how Matt had to break it up?  That could have escalated very quickly;  I wonder how many times the dogs fight with no human being there to break it up.      

Those big dogs (is that a rottweiler?) are gonna eat the little dogs.

• Love 4

Matt is a sociopath.  Each speech was rehearsed and he was pissed when the producer interrupted him from his Oscar-worthy monologue.

I believe he never wanted Chris to come to dinner because the narrative is that Chris is terrible and Matt tries so hard.

Also, it sounds like sweet little Andrew is the one who has to maintain and engage Matt in the relationship.

• Love 11

To those that watched, thanks for taking one for the team!  I wouldn't watch this in a million years!  Matt is greasy, icky, stupid, manipulative, and an asshole.  I used to feel bad for Amber, but no more.   This is a runaway train that is fun to watch!

• Love 5

I watched this only because I thought there would be tons to snark about but it really was sad. This was a horrible attempt at redeeming Matt, if anything it made me dislike him even more. I felt sorry for his kids and wanted to hug his son through the TV.  He is a total skeezy control freak. He tries way too hard to make it look like we should feel sorry for him. Amber really is delusional when it comes to him and I agree with the poster above, she deserves everything that is coming to her dealing with this schmuck! I don't know if this was filmed before or after the Mommy Makeover but Amber looked HORRIBLE!!! She is too pale to pull off such a stark hair color and she is definitely on something. I know she has small eyes but there were times it seemed she couldn't even keep them open. Her lame attempt at fake crying (not one tear) about how great of a dad and partner Matt is was ridiculous!   

Oh, FYI for those of us that did watch this shitfest, in case you weren't aware Christopher never showed up. LOL

Edited by IgnoranceisBLISS
add at least one line of snark
  • Love 5

You didn't miss anything--and I say this as someone who can waste A LOT of time watching crap TV. My favorite part was the same scene @CofCinci mentioned above. When Kerthy the producer cut him off mid rehearsed speech and he said something like "Can't you see I'm talking?" you could see how pissed he was at having his moment messed up. Matt really is a waste of oxygen and I can't wait until he leaves Amber and we never have to see his nasty shower-needing self on our TVs again. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Emmierose said:

To those that watched, thanks for taking one for the team!  I wouldn't watch this in a million years!  Matt is greasy, icky, stupid, manipulative, and an asshole.  I used to feel bad for Amber, but no more.   This is a runaway train that is fun to watch!

Reads just like Kail if I removed Matt's name.

I'd rather sit through Being Deb one more time than ever watch Being Matt. I do appreciate those who watched to give us the low down on what happened. It is insightful to know he was ready to lose his mind over being interrupted by the producer. Not that I need affirmation of his anger issues, but he tries so hard to control everything on camera, and has likely practiced his speeches before filming starts. To then have someone throw a wrench into his controlled scene and to have him react as if he is ready to blow a gasket just proves once again he has a twin named David who lives with a girl named Jenelle. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8
On 4/11/2017 at 7:06 AM, EmeraldGirl said:

Am I the only one who laughed out loud every time Amber would say "mamber"? I couldn't figure out what that meant or why she was so proud of it. I guess the M was for Matt, but it sounds like mammory glands Amber. 

For those who didn't watch, Matt supposedly got a vanity license plate for the Corvette that says "MAMBER."  I'm pretty sure he's trying to get tabloids and fans/groupies to refer to them as "Mamber" as if they are a celebrity couple like the former Brangelina and Bennifer.  I hope nobody takes the bait and starts using that cutesy term when referring to those two.  Speaking of Corvettes, there is no way in Hell that he or she (or they) purchased that vehicle.  It is leased, just like the rest of their fleet.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

For those who didn't watch, Matt supposedly got a vanity license plate for the Corvette that says "MAMBER."  I'm pretty sure he's trying to get tabloids and fans/groupies to refer to them as "Mamber" as if they are a celebrity couple like the former Brangelina and Bennifer.  I hope nobody takes the bait and starts using that cutesy term when referring to those two.  Speaking of Corvettes, there is no way in Hell that he or she (or they) purchased that vehicle.  It is leased, just like the rest of their fleet.  

Mamber is the new Fetch.

242ec5ea18af0f5f0b923040872d85cc_stop-tr

• Love 8

I thought the whole "special" was very cleverly edited to show just how awful Matt really is. The moment that really drove it home for me was clearly seeing the hat Kerthy was wearing when she interrupted Matt's self aggrandizing speech: "Dickless," you know she chose that hat on purpose.

• Love 7

That's a good point. I mean, he didn't give them much to work with, but these are the same people who hid Leah's pill addiction, all sorts of Jenell's various shenanigans, Maci's pregnancy drinking and Cait and Tyler's drug abuse. They could have edited what they did have together in a way to make him look way better if they had wanted to. Voiceovers, still shots, all that kind of stuff could have changed the narrative and they still went with "what a douche canoe" as their storyline. 

• Love 4

I so desperately have not wanted to give this any attention that could be misconstrued as making this special "successful" that I have been hesitant to even click on this thread...lol. But I do kinda want to record it and send it to Amber periodically after they break up to remind her that she helped create this douchelord, along with clips and articles from the "haterz" who have been trying to warn her about him from day 1. 

• Love 9

Okay I had no intention of actually watching this.  In fact, when I saw it on my DVR I immediately thought "oh, gross!  Way to feed the ego MTV!"  But then I was on my treadmill and it was between this and an episode of Chopped and I was already hungry and I knew watching this douchebag for an hour would TOTALLY kill my appetite so....

Hey Ambie?  Watch a few youtube makeup application tutorials during one of the many many many hours you spend creating that canyon in your couch because the dark brown lines on your cheeks masquerading as blush?  NOT CUTE.

I'm confused about the number of kids douchebag allegedly has.  He said two are grown, then there's the manbun junkie son, the half blind son, the college daughter and then others that he DIDN'T raise who are shitty humans according to our pink haired, sloth like heroine? That's....7?  But then they were adamant he only had, what was it? Three?  I don't think even the douchebag knows how many kids he has.   And he raised them up until a few years ago?  But he's been "clean" for 3+ years since he's been with Amber for 3?  So...why wasn't he in their lives when he was sober? Because he just had to hop a plane to go hook up with his meal ticket?

Ambie's deep and thoughtful discussion of Rhianna vs. Beyoncé with Brooklyn in the car was riveting television, I'll tell you what.  I'd love to hear what Brooklyn REALLY thinks of "Mamber."

I only made it as far as the dinner since my workout was over and I had an episode of izombie to watch.  And while I would love to watch Ambie take some make-up tips from Liv Moore, izombie wins over Being Matt any day of the week.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

I'm confused about the number of kids douchebag allegedly has.  He said two are grown, then there's the manbun junkie son, the half blind son, the college daughter and then others that he DIDN'T raise who are shitty humans according to our pink haired, sloth like heroine? That's....7?  But then they were adamant he only had, what was it? Three?  I don't think even the douchebag knows how many kids he has.  

On this episode he's admitting to 5 kids. Man-bun Chris is the oldest, then it's two girls that were adopted by their stepfather, then it's Brooklyn and Andrew. He raised B & A from birth to up to 2-3 yrs ago (presumably, when he left their mother for Amber.) Amber explains that B & A are decent human beings BECAUSE Matt raised them. He didnt help raise the older 3, including man-bun Chris, so they are deadbeats. 

Leah was really clingy with her perfect stranger almost step-siblings.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

On this episode he's admitting to 5 kids. Man-bun Chris is the oldest, then it's two girls that were adopted by their stepfather, then it's Brooklyn and Andrew. He raised B & A from birth to up to 2-3 yrs ago (presumably, when he left their mother for Amber.) Amber explains that B & A are decent human beings BECAUSE Matt raised them. He didnt help raise the older 3, including man-bun Chris, so they are deadbeats. 

Well that's stupid.  The boy was what, 16?  Since when is a 13 year old boy "raised?"  Hell, that's when you need your dad the most!  Kind of gives new meaning to his whole "I came out here to meet you not planning to go back."  So he had two kids at home and he was planning on just leaving them permanently for a woman he hadn't even MET yet?  Father of the year right there.

God, he's a douchebag.  And Amber's whole "sometimes the people you're around affect you" made me want to punch her through the screen.  Is that way you're so insufferable now, Ambie? 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Aww, this makes me sad.  I don't blame her though.  Poor child probably just thought they were her best chance at getting some attention while she was away from her home, her parents, and sisters.

Edited by MissMel
missed a word
  • Love 3