Type keyword(s) to search

Being Matt

ginger90
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Leah was really clingy with her perfect stranger almost step-siblings.

She was doing it because she thought it would make her Borderline Personality Disorder mother happy. Leah wants nothing more than for her mother to give a shit about her. 

• Love 12
On April 11, 2017 at 8:35 AM, TresGatos said:

I saw the very end of this where Amber was making the comment about how the 2 children that Matt "raised" turned out to be great people while the ones he did not are not good people and that should say something about Matt (ummm...that he's scumball?)..

How would Amber even know this? Has she spent a lot of time around them? I don't think so...

4 hours ago, Blissfool said:

On this episode he's admitting to 5 kids. Man-bun Chris is the oldest, then it's two girls that were adopted by their stepfather, then it's Brooklyn and Andrew. He raised B & A from birth to up to 2-3 yrs ago (presumably, when he left their mother for Amber.) Amber explains that B & A are decent human beings BECAUSE Matt raised them. He didnt help raise the older 3, including man-bun Chris, so they are deadbeats. 

Leah was really clingy with her perfect stranger almost step-siblings.

Wait....doesn't Matt have kids younger than Brooklyn and Andrew? Doesn't he have a child close to Leah's age as well (maybe a son)? Was he cheating on B & A's mom? Or were they divorced but co-parenting (& Matt was dating/knocking women up)? But then a few years ago Amber fell for his con and so he just peaked out on B&A? I'm almost positive that he has kids younger than B & A.

Leah was probably clingy cause she knew Brooklyn could drive and Matt bought her a car....she was probably hoping she'd give her a ride to her real parents' house (Kristina and Gary).

i didn't watch it and can't bring myself to, I don't think. Thanks to those of you who did. So I have a question - Andrew is partially blind? Do we know why or what happened? 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

i didn't watch it and can't bring myself to, I don't think. Thanks to those of you who did. So I have a question - Andrew is partially blind? Do we know why or what happened? 

I think they said he was born blind in one eye. Also, he was bullied in school because of it. I think there might be more to his disability because, to me, his speech seemed kind of slow. I could be wrong, though. He really seemed like a sensitive,  old soul. Very sweet and loving. The daughter, not so much. She was a typical snarky and demanding teen girl. (I say this because of her scarf comment and her insistence to drive the corvette.)

• Love 9

I finally made it through this mess of a special.  There was one point where I thought Amber totally "got" Matt and wasn't BS'd by him. When they were discussing whose car the Corvette was. I hope there's more of THAT Amber to come.  Also, the fact that Matt is so completely impressed with himself couldn't have come through any more clearly.  B and A seemed like nice kids though. I did like how B was so sweet to Leah as her big sister and got a huge kick out of A saying he was starving and then no longer hungry after the drive through comment.  Matt needs to be off the show. He looks more and more like a creepy old dude, and the fact that Amber bonded more closely with his children (it seemed) was telling.

• Love 5

Of course she bonded with the kids more, 19 and 26 aren't too far off.  I don't think they would be friends if it weren't for Matt, but they easily had a little girl talk together.  

Brooklyn was uncomfortable but polite when Leah was laying on her at the restaurant. She didn't seem to know how to react, like she hasn't been around kids much. She should meet her 10 younger siblings. 

The rest of the special was painful. "You're a good person dad." "I know"  Matt was trying so hard to redeem himself, totally hamming it up for the camera, which thankfully only made it more obvious that he's a creep. 

• Love 9

After suffering thru that the most ridiculous part for me was seeing bloated Matt and some random ass older black guy driving around in a Corvette trying to look cool. Do chicks still go for Corvettes nowadays? Is t still the chick magnet it once was?  Seems a bit of a dated concept.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

@brooklynista, I agree, much less a chick magnet, definitely a dated concept, but still great midlife crisis-mobile. Again, I'm reminded back to the book photos where he was giving us the finger. Which was "cool" counterculture back in the 80's when Corvettes ruled. Now it's just trying too hard.

• Love 10

The older couple friends make NO sense. I'm still trying to figure out the connection. With these people there's usually something shady going on. 

I always joke that all I ever see in a cool sports car is an old man. And we're talking cars that are a lot more interesting that the corvette. It makes sense - they can finally afford it with retirement and just like riding around. These two? Yeah, no. Amber has never had to do anything but lie down. She didn't raise Leah, even before prison. And Matt is a creepy grifter. They can't even patch up the dog damage. Our puppy ATE WALLS, but guess what? We patched it up immediately, and his alone time was then limited to his crate.

The preview is so cringeworthy. Amber and Leah both in full makeup, with Amber asking Bew Bew if she looks really cool in the corvette. I'd love to have viewing parties with Gary and Kristina. 

• Love 6

If I'm reading the ratings info correctly, it appears Being Matt was only watched by 547,000 viewers, compared to 556,000 who watched the lead-in show, Teen Mom OG Catch Up.  Neither one set any viewing records, to say the least.  Given that anyone who DVRs Teen Mom automatically recorded Being Matt, I'm guessing a lot of the views came from that.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-4-10-2017.html

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

If I'm reading the ratings info correctly, it appears Being Matt was only watched by 547,000 viewers, compared to 556,000 who watched the lead-in show, Teen Mom OG Catch Up.  Neither one set and viewing records, to say the least.  Given that anyone who DVRs Teen Mom automatically recorded Being Matt, I'm guessing a lot of the views came from that.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-4-10-2017.html

But.... it looks like Being Matt was above average with female viewers. Wtf. 

Somewhere a few months ago, I posted the ratings for Weekend at Corey's vs. Tyler's Passion Project. I'm curious how Matt's special compares. 

• Love 1
On 4/18/2017 at 7:20 AM, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

I finally watched this. Amber talked about growing up listening to Wu-Tang Clan "in the 90's". She was born in 1990 and they were active 1992-2000. You mean to tell me she was in elementary school listening to that? Bitch, please.

Exactly, I was born in 1982, so I'm almost 10 yrs older than her, and while it also wasn't really my thing, so maybe I was oblivious, I knew of them, but I couldn't name one song by them. There were people who liked them, but I wasn't extremely mainstream. My point is, I'm much closer to the target demographic and I only minimally know who they are, so I also don't buy that she was hanging out listening to them.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, leighroda said:

Exactly, I was born in 1982, so I'm almost 10 yrs older than her, and while it also wasn't really my thing, so maybe I was oblivious, I knew of them, but I couldn't name one song by them. There were people who liked them, but I wasn't extremely mainstream. My point is, I'm much closer to the target demographic and I only minimally know who they are, so I also don't buy that she was hanging out listening to them.

Same here, born in 82 as well. I only know about Wu Tang clan from college, when Old Dirty Bastard was killed near where my dad worked in Philadelphia. I couldn't tell you one song by them, and that was AFTER they had gone on hiatus. Amber is such a poseur.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

Same here, born in 82 as well. I only know about Wu Tang clan from college, when Old Dirty Bastard was killed near where my dad worked in Philadelphia. I couldn't tell you one song by them, and that was AFTER they had gone on hiatus. Amber is such a poseur.

1981. I heard about them but everyone in my circle were listening to U2, Alanis Morrisette, Nirvana, and the rest of the grunge/alternative music. The rap lovers, or r&b lovers were blasting Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Bone Thugs n Harmony, Cypress Hill. 

My brother had a Wu Tang poster on his bedroom wall and I called him a poser in front of his friends (he deserved it at the time) when as soon as his friends would leave he'd be busting out in "Mmm Bop" with me on the way to school.

Amber can sit her ass down with the Wu Tang reference. She went for the first artist she could think of to show off her "street cred" but I would've went for Tupac because everyone knows at least ONE of his songs/w lyrics to back up any claim if put into a corner after sharing the "love" for the artist Lol.

Kids born around 1992 didn't start paying attention to music (I didn't pay attention to bands until I was 8-10 when the new kids on the block became hugely famous - I collected the large pins of their faces and collected their trading cards - I ?Joey McIntrye) until 2002 when smash mouth and Britney Spears were at their prime and Wu Tang was fading. I'll give her Eminem as her biggest ticket to "street cred" and I still love him to this day. Haha.

Thanks for the trip on memory lane. Where were YOU when you first heard the artist aforementioned? Lol. ?

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 8
On 4/23/2017 at 7:55 AM, Calm81 said:

1981. I heard about them but everyone in my circle were listening to U2, Alanis Morrisette, Nirvana, and the rest of the grunge/alternative music. The rap lovers, or r&b lovers were blasting Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Bone Thugs n Harmony, Cypress Hill. 

My brother had a Wu Tang poster on his bedroom wall and I called him a poser in front of his friends (he deserved it at the time) when as soon as his friends would leave he'd be busting out in "Mmm Bop" with me on the way to school.

Amber can sit her ass down with the Wu Tang reference. She went for the first artist she could think of to show off her "street cred" but I would've went for Tupac because everyone knows at least ONE of his songs/w lyrics to back up any claim if put into a corner after sharing the "love" for the artist Lol.

Kids born around 1992 didn't start paying attention to music (I didn't pay attention to bands until I was 8-10 when the new kids on the block became hugely famous - I collected the large pins of their faces and collected their trading cards - I ?Joey McIntrye) until 2002 when smash mouth and Britney Spears were at their prime and Wu Tang was fading. I'll give her Eminem as her biggest ticket to "street cred" and I still love him to this day. Haha.

Thanks for the trip on memory lane. Where were YOU when you first heard the artist aforementioned? Lol. ?

Honestly, I can't name a single Wu Tang Clan song. I might recognize it if it's played and I can see the artist/name on my radio display, but like you mentioned, those four above were WAY more popular. And I completely agree with you - had she said Eminem, I might have believed her. Much closer to her age/generation when it became a popular genre again. But she's a dumbass poser, so she has no cred whatsoever.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SaveLevi said:

I'm a little older than Amber, but Wu-Tang was super popular back in the day. Of course, I'm from Staten Island, so...

So am I. Do you still live there? (I will understand if you don't want to say)

ODB's "I Got Your Money," with Kelis - 1999 - is my jam of all time. Shit, I saw the movie that they use in the video, "Dolemite," when it came out in 1975. I'm old.  Back on topic...Matt is the biggest poseur who poses. Corvette? Nobody is impressed.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, pheebs said:

ODB's "I Got Your Money," with Kelis - 1999 - is my jam of all time. Shit, I saw the movie that they use in the video, "Dolemite," when it came out in 1975. I'm old.  Back on topic...Matt is the biggest poseur who poses. Corvette? Nobody is impressed.

Every time I have to type out "ODBC connection" I sing "Hippa to da Hoppa".   Every. Single. Time.  Sigh. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, pheebs said:

That song is so good - I remember when that was on rotation on the radio all the time and I loved it.

Ok, right - Corvettes are not cool, are they?  Maybe in Indiana??  I think I saw Farrah driving a Maserati, which IS pretty sweet and I AM super jealous.  Corvette... no!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

That song is so good - I remember when that was on rotation on the radio all the time and I loved it.

Ok, right - Corvettes are not cool, are they?  Maybe in Indiana??  I think I saw Farrah driving a Maserati, which IS pretty sweet and I AM super jealous.  Corvette... no!

A Corvette.....LMFAO!!!!

I felt secondhand cringey embarrassment for her when I saw that footage of her rolling down the Indiana pavement in her sweet Corvette...

• Love 6
16 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I'm Matt's age.  Corvettes were *everything* in the 80s!

• Love 6
On 4/24/2017 at 5:13 PM, ginger90 said:

So am I. Do you still live there? (I will understand if you don't want to say)

I don't actually! I moved to PA in 2005. I live in Bucks County now, but my parents still live on SI, so I visit now and then. Sort of by the zoo. :)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, SaveLevi said:

I don't actually! I moved to PA in 2005. I live in Bucks County now, but my parents still live on SI, so I visit now and then. Sort of by the zoo. :)

8 hours ago, SaveLevi said:

OH my! I moved to PA in 1991. Still have family there too, and sort of by the zoo! Is that creepy, or what?

• Love 1
(edited)

Also interesting, the cousin and friend that are always hanging around were also at the airport to pick up the kids.  I don't know how they got there because they weren't in the car with Amber and Matt.  Maybe they rode with the crew?  Or took a different car?  That's a lot of people to pick up two kids from the airport.  

Or maybe they flew in with the kids?  I think that's probably the most likely explanation after capturing these pics:

bm17.thumb.JPG.5e6b004126e8e0b2545f538732fb85a1.JPGbm18.thumb.JPG.9dcbb3711a724cdd4d698587ada29cdc.JPG

Edited by MissMel
missed a word
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, MissMel said:

Family dinner:

bm13.thumb.JPG.a0be73555ef72ea6d07dc46aeefea64f.JPGbm14.thumb.JPG.d647c1d483f5b00d857ba9278a6e75df.JPGbm15.thumb.JPG.69996f9ef7f95f92b05bff9b6d293161.JPGbm16.thumb.JPG.ddc9e92b975d94072ed28cbadc936ad8.JPG

Annnndd there's that random black couple again.  How do I sign up to be the random friend?  They get dinners and all expenses paid vacations.  The only requirement seems to be listening to these morons droning on and on proclaiming themselves good parents.

I want in!

• Love 17
6 hours ago, CofCinci said:

The woman with the neck tattoos is Matt's sidechick.

She is sitting with that dude who is supposed to be in on the "flipping houses" projects, correct? 

Maybe they are having a threesome. 

I thought the black couple were friends of Matt. Do we know their names? 

• Love 1

I would bet any money that Matt and Amber have been feeding Annette and Wayne huge lines of bull crap about how easy it is to get on a reality tv show, and if they just hang with Matt and Amber they are surely on their way to easy money. He's probably also offering to be their manager because he "knows people".

• Love 6
(edited)

From the Amazon page for his book -

About the Author

Boston native Matt Baier was a high-school All American in track and field and later attended college in Minnesota. After leaving college, Matt was a morning radio jock for fifteen years, a job that fueled his passion for collecting music memorabilia.

When he’s not on-air filming the hit reality series Teen Mom, Baier and partner Amber Portwood stay out of the limelight, rescuing animals and running three businesses. Together, they care for 7 dogs and 3 cats—all rescues save one.

In addition to this book, Baier is the author of Guys Don’t Rat on Guys, a novel. He lives in Indiana.  

Hahahah!  Radio jock??  Rescuing animals???  What the hell is this other book?

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

When he’s not on-air filming the hit reality series Teen Mom, Baier and partner Amber Portwood stay out of the limelight, rescuing animals and running three businesses. Together, they care for 7 dogs and 3 cats—all rescues save one.

what's the deal w/this show and "running three businesses"?  Farrah, Maci & Amber all supposedly "run three businesses."  How about waking up every day & going to ONE job, as opposed to slapping your name on some shit & trying to sell it to a clueless audience that doesn't even have much money anyway?

• Love 10
(edited)
54 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

From the Amazon page for his book -

About the Author

Boston native Matt Baier was a high-school All American in track and field and later attended college in Minnesota. After leaving college, Matt was a morning radio jock for fifteen years, a job that fueled his passion for collecting music memorabilia.

In addition to this book, Baier is the author of Guys Don’t Rat on Guys, a novel. He lives in Indiana.  

Hahahah!  Radio jock??  Rescuing animals???  What the hell is this other book?

Matt's previous book was written under a different name: https://www.amazon.com/Guys-Dont-Rat-Grey-Baker/dp/0979187672

Some of the review for that first book of his are clearly fake. Except for the ones who gave the book bad reviews. 

Now, the radio jock thing has me stunned as I have not read about that "job" of his. 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The only info I could find about Matt on the radio was

Matt Baier formerly of Z100 - Missoula Montana & 93.7 ALICE, VT

What I'd like to find out is when these 15 years were.

Narrowing it down lol

http://missoulanews.bigskypress.com/missoula/mattress-tossed/Content?oid=1136215

He is such a liar, it is insane.  I want to copy this, from an article about his time as a radio jokey, and put it in the review/comments section of amazon -

Listeners and fans of Z100’s defunct morning show “The Big Mattress” are wondering whether the host with an edgy attitude was swallowed up by the Bermuda Triangle. Matt Baier, simply “Matt” on-air, vanished from Missoula’s radio scene at the end of 2004, just six months after he arrived. He lent the airwaves a hard wit that horrified some Missoula folks. One ex-listener remembers that when Matt discussed the city’s pending Broadway reconfiguration plan, designed to better accommodate non-vehicular traffic like cyclists, he suggested that drivers use the bike lane in protest.

His bio is full of baloney!  He was a radio dj for 6 months.

Sadly, I cannot comment on the Amazon book, as they have closed the comment/review section.  Looking forward to it opening back up.

• Love 4