Type keyword(s) to search

Being Matt

ginger90
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, ChicagoChris said:

aThe Big Mattress ?? Eww...

Matt stole that name from a well known Boston radio show!  If he grew up in the Greater Boston area and had access to radio station WBCN, no doubt he listened to the morning show "The Big Mattress" hosted by legendary Boston DJ Charles Laquidara.  He was a pioneer of FM radio and in is the Massachusetts Broadcasters Hall of Fame.  Here's the history: 

"The Big Mattress", Laquidara's morning program, was a pioneer effort in FM broadcasting. It was one of the first FM broadcasts to feature a shifting cast of on-air personnel, including producers, writers and production staff. The program included music, news, talk and humor such as making prank phone calls to unsuspecting listeners, elements that are now a widely used characteristic of "drive time" radio. "The Big Mattress" was a top-rated Boston area radio show lasting for over twenty years. (1972-1996)

The program's name was retired in 1996 when Laquidara, who at that time was one of the most highly paid disc jockeys in the country, was persuaded to move to WZLX by Oedipus, WBCN's program director. Oedipus had risen to prominence during the punk and new wave era of the late seventies as one of Laquidara's unpaid writers. Now Laquidara's boss, Oedipus convinced him to move his show to sister station WZLX to make way for the more popular syndicated morning program of shock jock Howard Stern. The new program, called The Charles Laquidara Radio Hour, was broadcast from the Prudential Tower in Boston's Back Bay.  Laquidara retired in 2000 and moved to Hawaii.  He hosts Charles Laquidara Radio, an internet radio station that plays a variety of rock, nu-wave, and classic hits peppered with comedy bits, song parodies and segments from "The Big Mattress."

So the name is still sort of in use.  I'm sure Matt considers the DJ one of his heroes.  But that doesn't mean you just steal the name of a popular drive time radio show from a major media market.  He probably figured that the radio people in Missoula would be so stupid they wouldn't know.  I'm surprised he didn't just rename himself "Howard Stern" for his radio "career."  What a CLOWN!

More evidence for how moronic and untalented he is!

• Love 9
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

His bio is full of baloney!  He was a radio dj for 6 months.

I worked in broadcasting for 10+ years, most of it in radio. He could have very easily been in radio for 10 years. Back when he was in radio, it wasn't that hard to get a gig. Most stations were not automated, so they needed warm bodies to work the graveyard shift and weekends. You didn't need a lick of talent, just the ability to push buttons.

We had several skeezy Matt types work overnights at some of the stations I worked at over the course of my career.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, AdorkableWitch said:

I worked in broadcasting for 10+ years, most of it in radio. He could have very easily been in radio for 10 years. Back when he was in radio, it wasn't that hard to get a gig. Most stations were not automated, so they needed warm bodies to work the graveyard shift and weekends. You didn't need a lick of talent, just the ability to push buttons.

We had several skeezy Matt types work overnights at some of the stations I worked at over the course of my career.

I was going off of the quote in the article by the radio manager, I believe, who said that Matt was there for 6 months with the Big Mattress show, and then disappeared.  

I was also in radio in the late 90s and I absolutely agree - they would give a show to anyone!  And saying that the people they hired were "skeevy" is being kind!

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I was going off of the quote in the article by the radio manager, I believe, who said that Matt was there for 6 months with the Big Mattress show, and then disappeared.  

I was also in radio in the late 90s and I absolutely agree - they would give a show to anyone!  And saying that the people they hired were "skeevy" is being kind!

Matt being anywhere for six months sounds just about right. I don't see him being at any job for too long without being canned. He can't even maintain any decent relationships with females longer than a few weeks. Hell, he can't even be a parent to the countless children he has created over the years.

There is no way Matt was ever at any job for ten years. He was too busy being a con man and having to move around to get away from all the shit he left behind such as broken relationships, children, and debtors. The only reason he is with Amber this amount of time is because of the cameras, the money, and the attention he gets from it. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

There is no way Matt was ever at any job for ten years. He was too busy being a con man and having to move around to get away from all the shit he left behind such as broken relationships, children, and debtors. The only reason he is with Amber this amount of time is because of the cameras, the money, and the attention he gets from it. 

Exactly!  And this time he is playing the long con.  Con men wait their whole lives for a golden goose sucker like Amber.  This is the big time for him.  Once the money dries up, and it will, he will leave Amber behind and try to find the next one.  There is always another sucker out there.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I just assumed he went to a small market, probably something in the 100 plus ranking. 

Radio is a fairly transient business. I worked at 7 stations in 3 states over the course of my career. We were always chasing the next big gig. Small market jobs would make it easy to move around and con folks - and he could use his "celebrity" as leverage for his cons. 

• Love 3