Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

I wonder is Jeremy and Audrey have made long term plans. We don't know their net worth, but I doubt it's enough to make them set for life, even with smart investments. Look at how many child actors (that were paid more) are broke now. If they were smart, they would have a back up plan...like actual careers. 

• Love 2

whaatt???

Entitled, privileged, blessed people like JerOdj aren't going to suppress  their creativity  by having a plan...do you tell the falling leaves where to land?

Do you tell the clouds how far they need to travel in a day?

*best read with dripping sarcasm*

• Love 8

I think Jer and Auj have made their long term plans clear. They're gonna live on the farm and take over the pumpkin patch attraction. Matt is tacitly endorsing it in the recent episode when he says he wants Zach to take the DAS business as Jeremy will be running the pumpkin patch.

And Audrey is writing a book. And if I have learned anything from writing seminars and talking to authors as I prep my own novel for publication... you know what writers tell each other? Don't quit your day job, have a plan for how you will support yourself because the JK Rowlings and Stephen Kings of the writing world are notable for their rarity.

Point - I don't think either couple has a great plan - If I were Tory, I would be looking long and hard at whether taking more than normal maternity leave is a good idea long term but I do think Zach and Tory are living in a reasonable fashion and likely are saving some of the show money. The house and the house improvements are a good idea, and they aren't constantly jetting about - yes, they went to Hawaii but with two people who both work with the show money coming in, one lengthy distance vacation a year isn't unreasonable. If they're smart - and Tory seems smart and Zach seems willing to listen to Tory... They're putting aside a nice chunk of the show money for investing.

To be fair to Jer and Auj, I think they both have plans. I think Jeremy's plan is to do as little as he can and still keep on Daddy's good side. I personally think they moved to Bend and wanted to stay in Bend because it allowed them to be on the show without needing to be on constant chore call. (I suspect btw that some of Matt's softening in attitude towards Zach is the realization that Zach does indeed show up while Jeremy has intentionally positioned himself outside of chore range for no reason other than Bend is more fun) Audrey pretty clearly sees herself as a popular, Christian, local celeb with creative pursuits and some sort of wedding themed business being run out of the farm location. The wedding venue plan isn't terrible except that to actually run a wedding venue would involve the property being rezoned for commercial purposes and everything would need to be brought up to commercial code. The marital retreat concept? Or running a B&B? Have the same problem. And it would necessitate having Matt agree to no longer throwing up teepees and pirate boats and I don't see Matt ever giving up the control. Plus with Jer close again, Jer will start to be influenced by Matt and not Auj... I mean, is Matt happy that his golden manly son now dresses and wears his hair per his wife's orders and basically carries her purse?

• Love 4

Thanks ZoloftBlob for your explanation on who gets paid.  I just assumed that even extras on tv shows get some compensation so with Tori and Audrey having continuing appearances, they would have a pretty decent income from it.  Nice to have someone here who knows the ins and outs of the show.  Also want to mention that I read the info on Sulley and didn't watch last week's show because am going through something similar and didn't want to submit myself to more tragedy than was necessary.  Watched this week and there he was again and now the scuttlebutt is that it will happen in a forthcoming show.  Are the shows out of sequence?

• Love 1

To be fair, I am not an expert and could be wrong but this is based off of interviews and stuff with various people on the show.

The episodes aren't out of sequence, its just the news that the dog had passed has been  out there.  Sully has been fine on the episodes that have aired but I assume next week will be the um... unpleasantness so you might want to skip. Per Tory's instragram, they found out and three days later he was gone.

• Love 2

I am sure this season will end with Jer and Auj getting a nice house similar to Zach and Tory's

Jeremy would never stand for that.  His house must be much nicer and newer than Zach's!  

• Love 4

At the very least it has to be AS nice as Zach's house. Otherwise Zach is AHEAD!! Except you know, Zach has already won the most important battle - the first grandchild! The first GRANDSON! I wonder sometimes if Jeremy looks down at his junk and wonders why it betrayed him? Then I remember that "betray" is kind of a big word for Jer and that he's still working on using "dynamic" correctly.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I think Jer and Auj have made their long term plans clear. They're gonna live on the farm and take over the pumpkin patch attraction. Matt is tacitly endorsing it in the recent episode when he says he wants Zach to take the DAS business as Jeremy will be running the pumpkin patch.

And Audrey is writing a book. And if I have learned anything from writing seminars and talking to authors as I prep my own novel for publication... you know what writers tell each other? Don't quit your day job, have a plan for how you will support yourself because the JK Rowlings and Stephen Kings of the writing world are notable for their rarity.

Point - I don't think either couple has a great plan - If I were Tory, I would be looking long and hard at whether taking more than normal maternity leave is a good idea long term but I do think Zach and Tory are living in a reasonable fashion and likely are saving some of the show money. The house and the house improvements are a good idea, and they aren't constantly jetting about - yes, they went to Hawaii but with two people who both work with the show money coming in, one lengthy distance vacation a year isn't unreasonable. If they're smart - and Tory seems smart and Zach seems willing to listen to Tory... They're putting aside a nice chunk of the show money for investing.

To be fair to Jer and Auj, I think they both have plans. I think Jeremy's plan is to do as little as he can and still keep on Daddy's good side. I personally think they moved to Bend and wanted to stay in Bend because it allowed them to be on the show without needing to be on constant chore call. (I suspect btw that some of Matt's softening in attitude towards Zach is the realization that Zach does indeed show up while Jeremy has intentionally positioned himself outside of chore range for no reason other than Bend is more fun) Audrey pretty clearly sees herself as a popular, Christian, local celeb with creative pursuits and some sort of wedding themed business being run out of the farm location. The wedding venue plan isn't terrible except that to actually run a wedding venue would involve the property being rezoned for commercial purposes and everything would need to be brought up to commercial code. The marital retreat concept? Or running a B&B? Have the same problem. And it would necessitate having Matt agree to no longer throwing up teepees and pirate boats and I don't see Matt ever giving up the control. Plus with Jer close again, Jer will start to be influenced by Matt and not Auj... I mean, is Matt happy that his golden manly son now dresses and wears his hair per his wife's orders and basically carries her purse?

I will be first in line at the bookstore, or wherever your novel is sold, happily spending cash I can ill afford, just to read more of your fabulousity, ZB!!! (With my one "good" eye that only has cataracts not needing immediate surgery).  So, yeah, I'm a not so secret admirer who's shamelessly asking for the 411 about your book.  PM me when you're ready to be read.  :-D

Topic?  Matt Roloff really thinks he can fool US with his shadiness?!?  Puleeze.  We all knew his plan for his Golden Boy years ago.

This weekend Tori posted on Instagram that they took baby Jax on his first trip to the farm. No photos of him there, though.  More evidence, I think, that they are saving him for a big "reveal" ratings booster.  Sigh. 

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Katydid said:

This weekend Tori posted on Instagram that they took baby Jax on his first trip to the farm. No photos of him there, though.  More evidence, I think, that they are saving him for a big "reveal" ratings booster.  Sigh. 

Here you go! More of the story.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 2

I do not know anything about LP babies.  If he were a LP, would he still be in the hospital for a few tests to determine any issues?  Since he is not...I am thinking he is average size.  

Or am I mistaken?

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, ZoloftBlob said:

yes, they went to Hawaii but with two people who both work with the show money coming in, one lengthy distance vacation a year isn't unreasonable. If they're smart - and Tory seems smart and Zach seems willing to listen to Tory... They're putting aside a nice chunk of the show money for investing.

Yeah, I wouldn't begrudge the Hawaii vacation. People in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska vacationing in Hawaii is just like people in the northeast vacationing in Florida. I'm sure they have great travel packages.

• Love 5

I think Jeremy and Audrey will build a house on the farm. I mean--it's just a wild guess, but I saw her instagram story yesterday and they were walking around the farm and you could hear Jeremy saying something like "it would go here" or something to that effect. I could be way off and maybe didn't hear correctly.  Just made me think they are scoping out a plot of land on the farm. Knowing them they will build an expensive custom house to try and outshine Zach and Tori. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I do not know anything about LP babies.  If he were a LP, would he still be in the hospital for a few tests to determine any issues?  Since he is not...I am thinking he is average size.  

Or am I mistaken?

I'm not sure about that but I was wondering if she had a c-section. If not it might indicate average size. I would think if they knew ahead of time that he was an LP, they might do a scheduled c-section to make sure any issues with oversized or unusually shaped head didn't cause a problem with delivery. 

This would be why nothing has been said publicly about the baby's diagnosis:

6. He'll Be Whoever He's Meant to Be

Season 12 - Jun 6, 2017

On the eve of their baby shower, Tori and Zach find out whether their son has dwarfism; Jeremy and Audrey face a new hurdle after finding their dream home; Matt helps with the nursery; Amy and Chris have a serious talk about their size difference.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Literata said:

On the eve of their baby shower, Tori and Zach find out whether their son has dwarfism

Yeah, but does the audience find out? lol

I would not put it past them to show a reaction shot of Tori and Zach's faces but leave the big news dangling as a cliffhanger until the next week.

TLC doesn't appear have a description of the following episode available. Hmm, suspicious lol

• Love 1

That family picture of the three of them in the article is just gorgeous. Zach is glowing! I can't be anything other than thrilled for this particular branch of the Roloff family. I think Jackson is going to have a great life with these parents.

• Love 10

Just realized something... Zach, Tori and Jackson can carry the whole show.  I wonder if they will bring up Jackson in front of the camera.  

And there is very little interest in Jeremy, Oddity and their baby.

• Love 13
(edited)

Baby Jackson is adorable and that family photo is so sweet.  I also have to hand it to People for navigating the whole "reveal" thing nicely.  I like how they just dropped it in there casually that Jackson has the same type of dwarfism as his dad, instead of making it a big, dramatic headline.  I also love what Zach and Tori had to say about raising him. 

Edited by Katydid
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Katydid said:

Baby Jackson is adorable and that family photo is so sweet.  I also have to hand it to People for navigating the whole "reveal" thing nicely.  I like how they just dropped it in there casually that Jackson has the same type of dwarfism as his dad, instead of making it a big, dramatic headline.  I also love what Zach and Tori had to say about raising him. 

Agree entirely. And he's a beautiful little guy. I have to admit I teared up a little as I looked at that picture of Zach. He's a good man, and the universe seems to have rewarded him for, as he mentioned, having to take five steps for every two steps an average-size person takes. I wonder if it's occurred to Jeremy and Audrey that Zach and Tori could conceivably carry the show now.

• Love 7

He's a beautiful little boy. His parents clearly adore him and each other. You know Zach is just chomping at the bit to get Jackson on a soccer field! "But Dad, I hate soccer!" *Zach faints* 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, thebalconyfool said:

Thanks for posting this link, I had already watched it and was about to post it here.  Baby Jackson is adorable and will be so loved and supported by his family, I think Zach and Tori will be amazing parents and they seem to be very happy.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I rewatched the latest couple of episodes tonight and caught this loudly and clearly: There's no doubt that Tori is truly attracted to Zach.

I hate saying this because it sounds so narrow-minded, but my early assumption was that their friendship was so deep and abiding that perhaps Zach's dwarfism was simply something that Tori chose to overlook in favor of all the positives. But she clearly finds him handsome, and damned if he doesn't actually look more handsome these days. She obviously makes him feel great about himself, and isn't that what we all want for ourselves, and for our kids? Their love and respect for one another are really a joy to watch. 

Edited by Literata
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, Literata said:

I rewatched the latest couple of episodes tonight and caught this loudly and clearly: There's no doubt that Tori is truly attracted to Zach.

I hate saying this because it sounds so narrow-minded, but my early assumption was that their friendship was so deep and abiding that perhaps Zach's dwarfism was simply something that Tori chose to overlook in favor of all the positives. But she clearly finds him handsome, and damned if he doesn't actually look more handsome these days. She obviously makes him feel great about himself, and isn't that what we all want for ourselves, and for our kids? Their love and respect for one another are really a joy to watch. 

I must agree with you...I find myself smiling when watching their scenes. It seems like such a genuine love for each other and now includes a beautiful new baby ❤️. 

Matt and Amy's marriage: They didn't hide the fact that they couldn't stand each other. So points for not being fake. 

Jeremy and Audrey: I think the marriage will end up like Matt and Amy's, but they are trying very hard to make it look as genuine as Zach and Tori's. 

Ironically Zach is now the twin who Jeremy should be looking 'up to'. 

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/19/2017 at 4:35 PM, MoodyGirl said:

I've always felt both Zach and Jeremy are not the brightest bulbs--I mean I like Zach, but he seems to say off the wall stuff sometimes or just doesn't know something I feel like he should know. And throw in that they can't finish their educational pursuits---or just can't find something to interest them. Like they are just immature. It's strange too because I know Amy has a college degree, not sure about Matt, but he certainly has had jobs and made money. And if the TLC money was good--and has been smartly invested--maybe they really don't have to worry too much about a career? I wonder if Zach gets disability too (not that that would be much)?

Zach and Jeremy are not intelligent and don't speak eloquently. I always believed Molly was the smartest Roloff kid. Zach and Jeremy both lack motivation and they have become complacent. The TLC money have the Roloff kids living easy and comfortably. 

On 5/20/2017 at 0:34 PM, MegD said:

I don't think he's ashamed of being LP. I think he's more realistic about his condition than most of the family. He grew up with scary surgeries, social challenges, and health concerns as a regular part of his life. He also is aware that Jacob was born to give him a LP playmate, reemphasizing that he was different than other kids his age. When they were smaller, he was around Jacob a lot while Jeremy ran around with the average height children Zack couldn't keep up with. As he got older, he moved more to Jeremy's group, but it seems he was the tag-along and not really part of the group. Given some of the things that went on when they were teenagers, this ended up not being an awful thing, but it can be upsetting to a child.

The reason I asked if Zach was ashamed was because he always expressed disappointment and his troubles. The convention episode opened my eyes. He described his ideal woman as an average height person. And looked uninterested in dancing with a LP female. Amy forced him to go to the convention to meet other LP young people his age. 

I also noticed the change in the relationship between Zach and Jeremy around the teen years. In addition to Jacob growing up fast and Zach feeling like a third wheel around Jeremy's friends.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes on this board. I see the majority here like Zach but that's what I observed. 

Edited by Generation Y
  • Love 2
On 6/6/2017 at 10:56 AM, Generation Y said:

Zach and Jeremy are not intelligent and don't speak eloquently. I always believed Molly was the smartest Roloff kid. Zach and Jeremy both lack motivation and they have become complacent. The TLC money have the Roloff kids living easy and comfortably. 

The reason I asked if Zach was ashamed was because he always expressed disappointment and his troubles. The convention episode opened my eyes. He described his ideal woman as an average height person. And looked uninterested in dancing with a LP female. Amy forced him to go to the convention to meet other LP young people his age. 

I also noticed the change in the relationship between Zach and Jeremy around the teen years. In addition to Jacob growing up fast and Zach feeling like a third wheel around Jeremy's friends.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes on this board. I see the majority here like Zach but that's what I observed. 

IMO, there was quite a transformation of Zach and that's why he seems to have more fans and appeal now.  To me, he's nothing like he used to be.  And I think it started with Tori coming into his life.  Most people don't change, but, it seems that he did.  He's even more motivated than he used to be.  Maybe, his maturity was done in spurts and the biggest spurt coincided when he become involved with Tori. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

IMO, there was quite a transformation of Zach and that's why he seems to have more fans and appeal now.  To me, he's nothing like he used to be.  And I think it started with Tori coming into his life.  Most people don't change, but, it seems that he did.  He's even more motivated than he used to be.  Maybe, his maturity was done in spurts and the biggest spurt coincided when he become involved with Tori. 

I think there is more of an interest in watching Zach and Tori as Jackson grows up.  That is, if they choose that path.  I have no interest in Jeremy and Audrey since they are just another over-indulgent couple.

• Love 4