Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, LivLv said:

So the post Audrey put up congratulating Tori and Zach on Baby Jax has been deleted everywhere. Any guesses why?

I am not surprised. I found it to be in bad taste, the picture, the wording. She's a bitch and I am sticking to that opinion.

• Love 5

I'm my opinion, Oddj is conniving and loves attention. She only posted the picture because she knows everyone wants to see Baby Roloff and all the speculation about whether he's LP that's going on. She knew what she was doing and thought she could get some of the spotlight back by posting a picture that, I believe, made it obvious the baby is LP (forehead and something about his adorable little squishy toes). Also her comment about "we will always pray for you" kind of hinted that everything isn't normal. I'm thinking TLC ordered her to take it down or Zach and Tori did, but they seem to nice to ask that. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it because of my utter dislike for her. 

Plus yes, her very Christian boobies ?

• Love 5

Wow, Jeremy looked totally miserable (and needs to cut his damn hair) and it's evident that Audrey does NOT really care for the Roloff family.  They both seemed extremely judgemental  regarding Matt and Amy's divorce. Obviously Jeremy would rather have his parents together and miserable, or would prefer Amy live out the rest of her life alone.  These two need to grow up fast - this is the real world. Deal with it.  And Jer, you are no longer the golden boy of Roloff farm - get a job.

• Love 4

I don't think it's so much about him being LP and them not ready to announce as an upcoming episode has Zach discussing Jackson's size with his mom. I think it's that the only published pics are those from People magazine.

And Matt needs to sit the hell down with the "stay in your budget" BS. He never cared and even told Amy, to her face, he didn't care about budgets. I think Zach and Tori are more frugal and budget conscious than any of them.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I missed Auj's post before it was deleted. What did she say?

What a mountain peak moment. Blah, blah, blah. Jackson we will pray for you the rest of our lives. Blah, blah, blah. BIG congratulaions to Zach and Tori.

(Best I could remember)

• Love 2

At least she's got a job that will continue to support them when TLC money dries up. If I were them, I'd stash most of the TLC money away.  It'll be hilarious when Golden Boy Jer is crying poor while Loser Zach is living happily in his completely paid for house. 

• Love 3

I don't know what kind of health insurance teachers get. But if baby Jack is a LP, they may need very good insurance as he grows, and that would be a benefit for her working and Zach being the primary caregiver. 

• Love 4

I had that thought as well, that she might consider staying with the teaching job just to keep the expenses down. And his house is paid for and lets talk about the elephant in the room, the show. Assuming Tory makes 35k as a teacher - per google that's the average starting pay for a teacher in Oregon, and assuming Zach earns... a guestimate? 10k per episode and they hit 5-10 episodes a year. They currently have a nice income despite "Zach not working". And they don't seem to be living above their means. I mean, they have nice things but they're not constantly on vacation or driving an insane number of cars, or renting instead of owning. And if Tory continues to teach, she'd likely get pay raises and if Zach isn't working but caretaking the kid, they're avoiding daycare, etc. Show wise, I suspect we're going to see more episodes for at least a year or two but they're going to need a post show plan.

• Love 7

Since the show is "Little People" and assuming baby Jax is a LP the show may go on for several more years focusing on the next generation. Would he get an allotment for being on the show or how would that work. Then low and behold Jerk & Oddj only have average size babies, where do they really fit into this "Little People" show?

• Love 5

The story lines of Matt and Caryn and Amy and Chris are off putting so take those hot messes off the production and put Zach, Jax, Tori in the forefront... TLC.

Using the Roloff Farm as the background for filming, Zach works in aspect of the biz, Amy watches Jax, Matt runs the farm with intermittent appearances to make goo goo noises at Jax, and Tori teaches at her school.

I'd watch that...

JerPojBay will be out of focus in a far corn field hoping to be filmed or outside looking in from the windows....

• Love 6

I missed Auj's post before it was deleted. What did she say?

She said:

"Getting to meet my precious nephew Jackson last Friday was one of those mountain peak moments!!! He is seriously the most beautiful newborn baby boy I've ever seen and I just want to keep on holding him :) We will continue to pray for you for the rest of our lives, Jackson and can't wait to see who you become! BIG congrats to Zach and Tori on beginning the parenthood journey! We can't wait to join you in a few months ;)"

The actual photo was her holding the baby with her cleavage *heaving*.

• Love 2

I know they knew having an LP was a possibility, and it probably never even was a factor when they decided to start a family. I wonder if Z & T discussed genetic counseling at all?  I know my scenario is totally different since my husband & I tried to conceive via IVF.  I was 39 when we started the process, so the clinic suggested  genetic counseling.  I found out I was a carrier for the Cystic Fibrosis gene, but thankfully my husband was not. We also discovered that for whatever reason, the majority of our embryos were not viable...no reason for it at the time, but my husband and I could only produce "scrambled eggs", and no implanted embryo would survive past 8 weeks.  Even if we did get pregnant, and if we told our baby would likely be born with some kind of birth defect, I don't honestly know what difference it would make to us. We ended up adopting our fabulous daughter 10 years ago. And it turns out, she was the baby we were always meant to have. Just like little Jackson is in the arms of the parents he was destined to be with. They will do a great job as parents, thanks to Tori being a little smarter than the average Roloff.  As for Jerk and Odd's progeny....maybe Aunty Tori will drop by often to help out.

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Zach has a practical, feet on the ground, realistic wife.

The only smart thing Zach ever did was marry Tori.

I have always suspected Zach as being the more contemplative, introspective brother, if not the "smarter" one.  Growing up in the shadow of the tall, golden child coupled with his own physical limitations might have made him more introspective and observant about people, situations and life in general.  I also imagine it has helped him become more resourceful and practical.  

For the above reasons I was surprised to see Josh missing something important during Tori's first ultrasound.  The ultrasound technician seemed to be doing all she could to refrain from spelling out the disparity she observed in the baby's measurements.  When she noted that the head was two weeks further developed than the limbs (I don't remember the exact measurements), Tori asked a relevant question; she wondered if those were the measurements one looked at when considering the possibility that a baby may have achondroplasia.  To my surprise Zach's comment, "It's just a big baby," or something like that, missed the mark. Since he is a young man with achondroplasia I was surprised he didn't pick up on the the disproportionate development of head:limbs regardless of the technician's reassurances that the next trimester would present a clearer picture.

I did love when Zach (quite nicely) asked Tori to stop with the "scary" word in describing their son's impending birth and possible dwarf diagnosis and his explanation for why he felt this way.  I empathized with his feelings and, truth be told, I wish the word would go somewhere and just die off.  Is this a trend, or is everything in life really becoming so scary? At the very least couldn't people use a synonym for "SCARY?"  

As for their adorable little baby boy, my unprofessional guess is that the baby is LP based on the bridge of his nose and (somewhat) on those measurements taken in utero via ultrasound.  I was not able to see the baby's forehead in the photos that were posted online. Height and weight at birth or during infancy do not always signify whether a baby will be a LP, but I do think a larger head and shorter limbs are visual indicators that the baby will most probably be a LP.  On a more trivial note, It was good to hear that the baby's name is Jackson and not Timothy ("Tiny Tim.")

Finally, that Audrey just has no personality.  When Tori was trying to be conversational during the "babymoon" episode Audrey sat there like a stone, no expression, no sign of interest, etc.  How long before Jeremy tires of "just a pretty face?"  And I am aware that not everyone would agree with the "pretty face" description.  

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 3

As someone with a congenital disability  myself, I feel so icky that this is playing out the way it is. I have a bad feeling that the "Is he or isn't he a LP?" thing is likely being dragged out for sake of drama for the show.  I'm assuming they did find out his LP status at some point during the filming of this season and it will be a big reveal *cue dramatic music* when they get to that point, thus having them keep it a secret until TLC can get their dramatic reveal. I hope that's not the case, but I don't understand the secrecy otherwise. 

• Love 5

I haven't caught up on the show but it sounds like they didn't have a Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) that would have told them at 11 to 13 weeks of pregnancy whether the infant had achondroplasia or not.  Call me crazy, but if I had a 50% chance of it happening, I would have had the test just to know for sure. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

She said:

The actual photo was her holding the baby with her cleavage *heaving*.

IMO someone,TLC, made her take it down, her post was the only post where he didn't have his little hat on, you could see more of his forehead. I think you can tell more of the bridge of his nose than the forehead at this point. 

I haven't caught up on the show but it sounds like they didn't have a Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) that would have told them at 11 to 13 weeks of pregnancy whether the infant had achondroplasia or not.  Call me crazy, but if I had a 50% chance of it happening, I would have had the test just to know for sure. 

I would think that they could tell, especially toward the end of the pregnancy, whether little Jackson is a dwarf from the ultrasounds.  Having CVS would be a good idea if they were considering terminating the pregnancy, but obviously that wasn't an option for them.  

18 hours ago, Katydid said:

As someone with a congenital disability  myself, I feel so icky that this is playing out the way it is. I have a bad feeling that the "Is he or isn't he a LP?" thing is likely being dragged out for sake of drama for the show.  I'm assuming they did find out his LP status at some point during the filming of this season and it will be a big reveal *cue dramatic music* when they get to that point, thus having them keep it a secret until TLC can get their dramatic reveal. I hope that's not the case, but I don't understand the secrecy otherwise. 

I believe this is probably the case. When you sign on for reality TV everything in your life will be used for ratings.

5 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Is it really a spoiler to know if the baby is a LP or not?  The baby's measurements were posted when he was born, so it can be discerned from those.

I don't believe  Any measurements were posted that would lead to a conclusion either way.

All I know is that I have heard really convincing arguments from both sides... and I can't tell from looking at his head. I don't really care in the sense of "oh, I hope its happy and healthy" but I'm leaning towards "it must be average sized" simply because its in poor taste to drag it out if something is "wrong" with the baby. For the record I have seen rational people on both sides of the LP/average height question use the evidence of the photo Audrey posted to insist the child is LP and that it's average height. I'm waiting on the announcement.

• Love 1

Personally, I wish there wasn't an "announcement" about whether or not he is LP.  He's here, he's wonderful -- that should be enough.  It will become apparent, but I'd love it if it wasn't a Big Deal.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

People living with dwarfism is the whole point of the show, though. You can't really expect people not to wonder or care. 

Especially since they have made the issue of "is the baby a little person" a key element of the Zach and Tori storyline.  

To pretend it doesn't exist would be like ignoring the whole "commitment" thing going on in the Amy/Chris story, the "entitled hipster" characterization of Jer & Audrey, or the "Matt is now openly screwing his employee who everyone knows he was hooking up with while he was still married to Amy" storyline. 

Oh wait, they do expect people to ignore that last one, never mind.

• Love 10
(edited)

Oh, I know.  I just don't want dwarfism (or the lack of it) to define this child.  He's a baby, and unless there are immediate medical concerns, he needs nothing more or less than every other baby -- lots of love.  I feel bad that he is the subject of so much speculation at birth.  He certainly didn't ask for it.

Edited by camom
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, camom said:

I would think that they could tell, especially toward the end of the pregnancy, whether little Jackson is a dwarf from the ultrasounds.  Having CVS would be a good idea if they were considering terminating the pregnancy, but obviously that wasn't an option for them.  

I was saying what I would do.  I wouldn't terminate based on it, but I'd want to know just to know. 

TLC probably wanted to draw out the drama to get people to tune in. 

• Love 1

Fans are going to tune in because we like Tori...I guess Zach , too.

Skipping the JerPojBay shows because that unfortunate baby born to her dull hipster parents will be used to sell her parents' branded online crapola....toboggan anyone?

I watched LPBG since S1. 

Zack has not grown up all that much. Based on the comments. I gather Zack is out of a job? Is he still a soccer coach?

I'm not understanding the Audrey hate on this board. She does come off standoffish at times. But why is she hated here? Same goes for Jeremy is he not liked?

I think viewers are over reading scenes. I don't think Jeremy is competing with Zach. There was a time Zach was jealous of Jeremy's career path moving away to college to become a photographer. While, Zach still had to figure out himself.

Zach is now a father and has a lot of responsibilities ahead. I honestly believe Tori will be the caregiver. Zach seems clueless and dependent on her for support. 

Does anyone remember the episode when Zach went to a LP conference? I believe it was that episode and season where he revealed he preferred average height women. 

That was interesting reveal. Do you think Zach is ashamed of being LP? Zach always felt like the black sheep in his family despite having LP parents. 

Zach is still a soccer coach. He's looking for something to cover Tori's salary while she's home with the baby.

I disagree that Zach  hasn't matured. He holds a job. Owns a house. Has a wife and family.

Jer has a wife. Period. He has no job beyond the show and has been renting. has no stable life whatsoever. His "college" was for profit and is now out of business so his degree is worth nothing. He made it clear he was competing with Zach and that he didn't like it at all that Zach and Tori were having the first grandkid and the first son.

Tawdry is disliked because she is a hypocrite. One face on the show, another one everywhere else.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Generation Y said:

Does anyone remember the episode when Zach went to a LP conference? I believe it was that episode and season where he revealed he preferred average height women. 

That was interesting reveal. Do you think Zach is ashamed of being LP? Zach always felt like the black sheep in his family despite having LP parents. 

I do not think he is ashamed at all.  

I am deaf- but I prefer to date hearing people.  Why should I live in what seems to be a very small (deaf) world?

Zach's reasons are his own- but it happens all the time for a variety of reasons.

• Love 7
(edited)

I think in terms of having a baby, that its not about being ashamed of being LP but not wanting a child to suffer as Zach has suffered. There's been multiple surgeries. He's mocked for his looks that he can't help. On a different board I have literally seen people write that they don't believe Tory loves him because of his appearance. However unrealistic I find soccer coaching for an average height kid's career, here's the real reality for Zach - its never going to happen because he's an LP. I mean really, Zach has spent his entire life hearing how Jeremy is better at everything because Jeremy won the genetic lottery. Being LP is not winning a prize and I don't see anyone taking Jeremy to task for not expressing how he wants a child like his parents, is he ashamed of his parents being LP? No - he's just smart enough to know being LP is an added challenge, not a prize.

I'll only speak for myself on my dislike of the Golden Pair. I've always found Jeremy dumb and spoiled, and I have always found the comparison of his "successes" to Zach's "failures" to be unfair. They both barely graduated high school, they both diddled in community college for three years without attaining an associates degree. Jeremy went to a degree mill arts school that has since shut its doors and earned a degree that is not accepted as an accredited degree. Zach diddles around with soccer and lives off the show money. Jeremy diddles around with a camera and lives off the show.

But who gets the pathetic loser edit? The guy who knocked up his wife on accident and who is depicted as genuinely considering moving back in with mom? Or the guy who invested his money into a home and who has a clear idea that parenthood will change his lifestyle?

My dislike of Audrey is that I think she's very fake, and is often arrogant in her attitude. I also think she's determined to make this the Audrey show. Together I dislike Jer and Auj's stiff minded "We're married and people who divorce are quitters! We FIX WHATS BROKE WE DON'T THROW IT AWAY NO MATTER HOW MISERABLE IT IS! DIVORCE IS NEVER AN OPTION!". Particularly when they don't fairly apply their smug condensation evenly... they keep their little bitch mouths shut around Daddy Matt and Daddy Matt never gets the lecture on how he just needs to FIX IT.

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 10

It must be hard for Zach to be the only LP among his siblings.  With all the other LP families that I've seen televised, all the kids are LP so they have that comrarderie that Zach doesn't have.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Generation Y said:

I'm under 5' tall, but not in the "little person" spectrum.  I often laugh and say that when I come back the next time, I want to be 5'8" tall.  I'm not ashamed of being short, but it is darned inconvenient.  It takes a lot of planning to set things up so that whatever you need is within reach given your height.  I can easily reach my bottom overhead kitchen cabinet, but I have to stand on my toes or use a stool to reach anything higher.  Many trips to the grocery store require me to ask assistance from a tall person for things that are on the higher shelves.  (I try to return the favor and ask them if they need anything from the bottom shelves while I'm there.  LOL.)

Add to that the physical aberrations and surgeries many little people have.  Nope, I don't think Zach is ashamed.  He's just a realist.  He's never been able to lift his mother or father up into a car; he can't get things on the tall shelves for them.  That's probably why they seem to want Jeremy around more - he can reach stuff for them.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ZoloftBlob said:

They both barely graduated high school, they both diddled in community college for three years without attaining an associates degree. Jeremy went to a degree mill arts school that has since shut its doors and earned a degree that is not accepted as an accredited degree. Zach diddles around with soccer and lives off the show money. Jeremy diddles around with a camera and lives off the show. 

I like how you pointed this out! I've always felt both Zach and Jeremy are not the brightest bulbs--I mean I like Zach, but he seems to say off the wall stuff sometimes or just doesn't know something I feel like he should know. And throw in that they can't finish their educational pursuits---or just can't find something to interest them. Like they are just immature. It's strange too because I know Amy has a college degree, not sure about Matt, but he certainly has had jobs and made money. And if the TLC money was good--and has been smartly invested--maybe they really don't have to worry too much about a career? I wonder if Zach gets disability too (not that that would be much)?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

I like how you pointed this out! I've always felt both Zach and Jeremy are not the brightest bulbs--I mean I like Zach, but he seems to say off the wall stuff sometimes or just doesn't know something I feel like he should know. And throw in that they can't finish their educational pursuits---or just can't find something to interest them. Like they are just immature. It's strange too because I know Amy has a college degree, not sure about Matt, but he certainly has had jobs and made money. And if the TLC money was good--and has been smartly invested--maybe they really don't have to worry too much about a career? I wonder if Zach gets disability too (not that that would be much)?

I was thinking somewhat the same thing, I mean after the show started that's pretty much been the main source of income, that's all they've known so why not use that as their "job". I've always wondered about disability income also, like what are the requirements to qualify? 

Plus being a little person is not in and off itself a disability.  However, many of the complicating factors can qualify a person for disability benefits.  Zach doesn't seem to have those problems (yet), but some day arthritis, breathing problem, etc might lead there.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Generation Y said:

Do you think Zach is ashamed of being LP? Zach always felt like the black sheep in his family despite having LP parents. 

I don't think he's ashamed of being LP. I think he's more realistic about his condition than most of the family. He grew up with scary surgeries, social challenges, and health concerns as a regular part of his life. He also is aware that Jacob was born to give him a LP playmate, reemphasizing that he was different than other kids his age. When they were smaller, he was around Jacob a lot while Jeremy ran around with the average height children Zack couldn't keep up with. As he got older, he moved more to Jeremy's group, but it seems he was the tag-along and not really part of the group. Given some of the things that went on when they were teenagers, this ended up not being an awful thing, but it can be upsetting to a child.

Unlike Matt, who seems to depict his childhood as one continuous painful hospitalization, Zach seems to discuss the good and rough parts of his childhood in a realistic way. If anyone should want a non-LP child, it should have been Matt based purely off his descriptions of his own struggles. Yet we see Matt rooting for a LP child. I think Zach will welcome the child for the child's sake and not because the child is LP or not. I think it makes him a better dad than Matt could ever be. I think he's more concerned that the child not have the health struggles he had.

• Love 7

I have always suspected Zach as being the more contemplative, introspective brother, if not the "smarter" one.  Growing up in the shadow of the tall, golden child coupled with his own physical limitations might have made him more introspective and observant about people, situations and life in general.  I also imagine it has helped him become more resourceful and practical.  

So I am not willing to assign Zach positive traits just because Jeremy is an asshole. Contemplative and introspective?

No.

Zach is the same guy who won't let his childhood dream of coaching soccer professionally go despite how it will never happen. And it seems like everyone, including Tory, have been indulging this fantasy for years and years. I'm not trying to be a dick, but there's a point where people have to be realistic.

The positive thing I will say is that at almost 27, it's nice to see Zach finally clueing in that soccer isn't likely to pay the bills.

Unlike Matt, who seems to depict his childhood as one continuous painful hospitalization, Zach seems to discuss the good and rough parts of his childhood in a realistic way. If anyone should want a non-LP child, it should have been Matt based purely off his descriptions of his own struggles. Yet we see Matt rooting for a LP child.

Matt wants an LP grandchild because an LP grandchild will recharge the show.

I don't doubt Matt had a painful childhood but whenever he goes on about how he was in a hospital from when he was born until he was 14 or so... I find myself wondering when Matt had time for the idyllic childhood he often describes where he made treehouses and rode bikes and went to national parks camping and was that rambunctious all around little dickens who never gave up and who never quit and who took on any challenge... I mean, wasn't he stuck in that hospital bed in miserable pain, internally crying out to God for the cure that never came, all while smiling at the many nurses and doctors, determined from birth to always be that resilient lil dickens who always smiled DESPITE the pain? 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

So I am not willing to assign Zach positive traits just because Jeremy is an asshole. Contemplative and introspective?

No.

Zach is the same guy who won't let his childhood dream of coaching soccer professionally go despite how it will never happen. And it seems like everyone, including Tory, have been indulging this fantasy for years and years. I'm not trying to be a dick, but there's a point where people have to be realistic.

The positive thing I will say is that at almost 27, it's nice to see Zach finally clueing in that soccer isn't likely to pay the bills.

Matt wants an LP grandchild because an LP grandchild will recharge the show.

I don't doubt Matt had a painful childhood but whenever he goes on about how he was in a hospital from when he was born until he was 14 or so... I find myself wondering when Matt had time for the idyllic childhood he often describes where he made treehouses and rode bikes and went to national parks camping and was that rambunctious all around little dickens who never gave up and who never quit and who took on any challenge... I mean, wasn't he stuck in that hospital bed in miserable pain, internally crying out to God for the cure that never came, all while smiling at the many nurses and doctors, determined from birth to always be that resilient lil dickens who always smiled DESPITE the pain? 

I noticed that to that Matts story or an idyllic childhood and miserable depends on what narrative fits his agenda in that moment.

• Love 6

Am I wrong in assuming that all the people on this show get an income?  Everyone is always saying that Jeremy and Zach depend on their income from the show and only Tori has a job that contributes to their household income.  Don't Tori and Audrey get compensation for appearing on the show?  That would be added to the pot too.  I don't think they are suffering too much.  All Amy's girlfriends that keep advising her and sharing her dreams of starting various businesses must also be being paid to appear on the show..  It is a show after all.

The friends who turn up? No. They just are required to sign a release and they get to be on tv. If you'll notice the friends periodically change and now that Jeremy's buddies are over eighteen, we rarely see them as well. The reason we don't see so much of Pop and Honey any more is because they wanted to be paid.

Tory and Audrey are a little different and possible get a paycheck from the show... but they may also covered under "Jeremy's family" and "Zach's family". The checks were originally written to the Roloff family after all. But despite how they aren't named in the credits, I am inclined to think they probably get a check for being on the show. And Jacob has made it clear that he allows his name to be in the credits but otherwise no longer receives any compensation and I suspect Molly is in a similar but less vocal situation.

Of the four, Zach, Tory, Audrey, and Jeremy? Only Tory has worked a job where she goes to work five days a week, that theoretically has benefits and health care. Audrey had a job in sales in Los Angeles and since then has been working as a Barre3 instructor with a once a week class. Zach possibly still works part time at the soccer gym and coaches soccer teams (I don't see him getting paid much for either) and Jeremy has no discernable job at all - there's a lot of talk about Jeremy being a photographer, but...

The marital blog, the weird little marriage journal, Auj's "Always More" fashion line...I won't fault Auj for not trying but I don't see these making "buy a house" money. Which means yeah, they're living off the show. And they aren't suffering and frankly I am sure this season will end with Jer and Auj getting a nice house similar to Zach and Tory's - or else they're going to be given the upstairs of the big house... So to a point this sad little plot of the two hipsters not finding a home is a bit silly. Matt and Amy love the Golden Boy too much to not pander to him. Heck, I bet Jer-Bear of no job and no house won't get the "you do understand a baby changes things" lecture from Matt.

• Love 3