Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I like Erika a lot. She has a big following on Instagram and Twitter and whenever Andy posts about her on FB, he gets a lot of likes.  Just because people here don't overwhelmingly like her, doesn't mean that other places have the same reaction.

We don't know the real story of Erika's relationship with her son. At all. Or PK's with his kids. Slade had a relationship with his kids, he just didn't pay for them hence the deadbeat dad moniker.  She may have flown back and forth to NYC all the time.  The husband moved to Vegas at one point, and Erika modeled for his venture, so she maintained a good relationship with him. Maybe the husband brought her son out, maybe she flew back and forth. Who knows. Not us despite all the assertions here to the contrary. Erika says she left her son in NYC, she never talked about not seeing him. 

Dorit baited Erika all season. I think the baiting on top of pantigate on top of her disingenuous claims of, "Who me??" wrt the pills is what led to the blowup in Hong Kong. While I think Rinna loved the pill popping story, Dorit can't claim innocence bc she played into Rinna's hands. 

PK looked like he dyed his hair for the reunion. 

I am hoping they have put pantigate to bed this first part, and we don't ever have to hear about it again. Maybe that is why this part of the reunion was so Erika heavy, and now we will move onto Rinna/Dorit or Rinna/Kyle and they will bring out Eden and Kim - but most likely that will be part 3.

• Love 16
Just now, Cranky One said:

Kyle admitted on a Podcast with Heather McDonald that she made a bad choice with her reunion dress and didn't realize it until she saw pictures. Been there, done that!

Erika probably didn't smile much because her ten pounds of makeup she had on would have cracked.  She really does look great with less.

This could have been a 2 part reunion because Part 1 was a snoozefest and unnecessary!

Kyel just never learns. She loves those dress with weird arms! Simple is better on her. I think that red reunion look  and the purple reunion look were her best.

• Love 8

I wasn't expecting Kyle to look good after I read that article on Reality Tea yesterday where she admitted that she chose the wrong dress.  And my expectations were surpassed.  Good gawd that was fugly.  Her hair - normally her best feature - didn't look its best either.

The rest of them looked meh.  I think The Lisas were best dressed. Erika's hair, makeup, and outfit were dreadful. Do better, glam squad. 

10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Whoa.  Dorit with no makeup.

Yea and what was up with her hair at Kyle's house?  That HAD to have been a wig.   Super long and with bangs is not her real hairstyle.

10 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

Way too much Erika.  She's not interesting in the slightest.

I thought tonight was pretty dull.  Although the season was hardly riveting, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Agree. I am not in the I Hate Erika club but there was waaaay too much focus on her tonight.  And most of the questions she answered had already been addressed throughout the season anyway.  Snoozeville.

9 hours ago, Sarcastica said:

That youtube video of Dorito talking without an accent had me rolling. Never knew that tape existed. 

OMG that video was everything.  Honestly, up until they showed the video, I was actually softening my stance about her accent.  I thought - ok, her parents aren't American, she speaks 4 languages, and her husband is British.  Maybe the accent isn't put on after all.  But then they rolled that beautiful footage and no, just no.  That accent is as fake as Erika's hair, guvna!

2 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Did we know Erica had a dog before this episode?  I was kind of surprised she did, because she and Tom don't strike me as the type to put up with bathroom accidents and shedding from things other than Erica's bad extensions/wigs. 

They definitely showed that dog at least once before, but it may have been all the way back in her first season.  I remember being surprised she had a big dog like that.  I would have imagined her with a little Paris Hilton style purse dog.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

It does seem a bit leery that you're willing to debate a point about the merit of someone's intentions (LVP) that you can't ever truly prove, but you are willing to withhold judgement of Erika based on the merit that you can't say something for certain because you don't know. We don't truly know anything other than what we see on TV and what we read online. Someone putting together the facts that a woman left her son to be raised by his father while she moved halfway across the country to fulfill her Hollywood dreams (and categorizing her as a deadbeat mom) is no different than you putting together 'opinions' others have said, and then applying that opinion to everything that you see and therefore every opinion or interpretation of what you see is laced with that one particular narrative about that person as being manipulative.

For the record, I also don't know Erika's situation with her son and even with what I do know, I'm not willing to categorize her as a deadbeat mom. I can't think of any particular circumstances but perhaps some do exist where there was good reason for leaving her son behind and at the end of the day, their relationship was either not impacted by her decision or has since been repaired. If her son has a great relationship with her then that's what should matter most in a parent child-relationship.

I pretty much stick to what I see, what I hear, and yes to a large extent, what the other gals say about them. Pretty much every single member of this cast has said that LVP is maniuplative. We have seen it on our TV sets time and time again, although mileage varies on what people make of it. Can it be proven? IMO it certainly can be proven because I have seen it, have heard people who actually know her in real life, work with her, vacation with her, and talk with her on the phone say it. Not people who hate her, but even people who love her. What other proof would one need? If everyone in this cast, and in future casts, label Erika as cold and hard, I will believe that. Last night several gals, including Kyle, said they have never known that to be the case. If I hadn't seen any of this on the show myself, it would be different. I've not seen anything from Erika except a mother who worries for her son. I don't know much else. Don't know the details, what she was going through, what her life was like. Maybe someday she will open up more about all of this. Maybe she cannot because doing so would shine a negative light on someone else. For now, I just go by what I see and read, and I haven't read anything to make me think that she doesn't have a good relationship with her son. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8

I haven't re-watched the entire episode...but I fast forwarded and freeze framed on PK to try to figure out why he looked worse than usual. So after I threw up breakfast I noticed the following

First he has mortician's morgue toned foundation - we're talking extreme matte.

It even covered his eyebrows and no one pencilled any color back.

Someone used spray on hair to cover the bald spot in the back of his head.

Fashion critique: He's giving off serious Mr Bill vibes

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I pretty much stick to what I see, what I hear, and yes to a large extent, what the other gals say about them. Pretty much every single member of this cast has said that LVP is maniuplative. We have seen it on our TV sets time and time again, although mileage varies on what people make of it. Can it be proven? IMO it certainly can be proven because I have seen it, have heard people who actually know her in real life, work with her, vacation with her, and talk with her on the phone say it. Not people who hate her, but even people who love her. What other proof would one need? If everyone in this cast, and in future casts, label Erika as cold and hard, I will believe that. Last night several gals, including Kyle, said they have never known that to be the case. If I hadn't seen any of this on the show myself, it would be different. I've not seen anything from Erika except a mother who worries for her son. I don't know much else. Don't know the details, what she was going through, what her life was like. Maybe someday she will open up more about all of this. Maybe she cannot because doing so would shine a negative light on someone else. For now, I just go by what I see and read, and I haven't read anything to make me think that she doesn't have a good relationship with her son. 

Maybe they are just dumb if so easily manipulated.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Maybe they are just dumb if so easily manipulated.

Or maybe just inexperienced. No self-respecting Brit would fall for any of that -- they would counter with an equally "shady" question to Lisa. Cultural differences.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I would love to see what her hair looks like without all the extra and extensions, too.

Just so everyone knows, those extensions cause an amazing amount of damage to your real hair.

These hoes like Erika inspired me to try them, as my hair is pretty fine and short in comparison, and has been my whole life. I always wanted big, gorgeous Kyle-esque locks. 9 weeks of having them in (the salon recommended 12) and I was aghast when they came out to find that my real hair and thinned and frayed beyond recognition. When I expressed my dismay, I was told that I was just "used to the extra hair." I told them 9 weeks doesn't erase the memory of 29 years. And then I got - "Maybe you have a thyroid issue." Wow. I suppose it's a grand coincidence that these extensions went in and now the bottom half of my hair is less than half it's normal volume?! I was not amused. 

Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is that these women like Erika who use them consistently have no choice but to keep them in and keep putting more in. The final suggestion from my stylist, upon my starting to have a small panic attack, was that we just put the extensions back in so I could stop getting so upset. At which point I jumped out of the chair and ran out the front door. My hair could barely take a brushing, let alone the weight of those full extensions! What's under Erica's extensions is probably a ragged ol' mess.

But if you're on a TV show and that's your look, keeping it up will eventually destroy real hair. You'll have nothing to depend on but the extensions. And if you're on camera with no time for hair "recovery" (what I'm currently doing now that I've chopped off the damage and am down to a Daisy Buchanan bob), you'll need those extensions back ASAP so you can stand to look at what's left of your hair. 

Perhaps it's easier to care for real hair under extensions if you have a glam squad to handle the styling each day. The stylist who cut my hair (another woman at a different salon) told me that 6 weeks is the max for tape-ins and that the woman who told me 12 weeks is criminally stupid. Oh well.

But judging from my own experience, Erica's fake hair looked about 6 weeks in last night and ready for a tape-up or some new wefts. It looked ratty as hell, and I'm sure she paid more for hers than I did for mine.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I think he was playing up for the cameras in that morning after in the kitchen with Dorit scene. I think he was trying to laugh it off and play around with his wife. He was exaggerating for an on camera laugh. Unfortunately, I think it has all been taken too seriously ever since.

Like others, I'm still waiting for the scene of Eileen spreading her legs joking about all of this to get equal scrutiny. I'll probably die waiting.

Someone ought to take a screen shot of it and post it to all RHOBH twitters. I'm not on twitter or I would.

• Love 7

Huge ICK factor, and very revealing with Erika's comments to Eileen after her glam squad worked Eileen over. Eileen doesn't need Mikey and the Erika lackeys to make her pretty. The comment she made about " popular high school girl" was weird. 

It is strange that Erika talks like she raised her son. It seemed almost like she was trying to shame Dorit for using nanny's. Call me old fashioned, sexist, or stupid, but I am firm in my belief that barring extreme circumstances like mental illness, addiction etc, very young children " are usually better off in the custody of their mothers. Kids benefit immensely from having two parents obviously, but, if both parents cannot raise the child together then, if possible, the mother should have primary custody. There. I said it-( and fully expect bashing to follow ?) Erika's baby daddy was a bail bondsman, and operates a seedy male stripper company- doesn't seem like an ideal scenario for bringing up a young boy. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, janie2002 said:

Kyel just never learns. She loves those dress with weird arms! Simple is better on her. I think that red reunion look  and the purple reunion look were her best.

I want Kyle to dress more like her money at the reunions! I get she wants to be humble and shit but at a reunion I don't mind these women doing it up in terms of their looks.  

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Someone ought to take a screen shot of it and post it to all RHOBH twitters. I'm not on twitter or I would.

Also not on twitter, but interesting that it hasn't been made more of.  Eileen and Rinna have too much hubris to not expect a fall.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Erika likes to re- write the story of her childhood. She even admits her mother told her she loved her often and showed her affection. So what exactly was so difficult?  Erika is just a self centered bitch, plain and simple. Don't drag your mama in to it. 

The impression I get from Erika is she essentially spoiled.  When she speaks of her mother being harsh with criticism and then prattles on about calling for her own auditions I always wonder if perhaps Erika's mom was being realistic about Erika's range of talent.  Being a parent of an aspiring singer, dancer, actor or athlete requires a certain amount of reality checks on the part of the parent.  Stopwatches don't lie, casting directors are looking for talent and in a highly competitive field such as entertainment the pool is quite deep.   At whatever level it takes a certain commitment from parents to pay for lessons, take kids to auditions and still provide them with life's basics.  Tom was just a gold mine for Erika, she was able to hire the best and still has fairly mediocre results after ten years of glam quads, voice training, expensive videos and back up dancers. I see it as a very strong commitment from Tom and needless to say an expensive one.  I admire Erika for taking on the task of "Dancing with the Stars", it is a different kind of reality check and a much different audience than she is use to. 

I agree leave mom out of it.

• Love 18

Yeah, I found that interesting, too. When I hear difficult childhood I expect a loveless one, not a "I had to make my own dentist appointments at age 7". I mean, not ideal, but somehow I expected her mother to have been loveless and disapproving. From Erika's talk last night, it didn't sound like her mom was like that at all. It kind of reinforced the idea in my mind that Erika has an external locus of control and tends to see herself as a victim.

• Love 20
33 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

You can literally take anything anyone says and turn it into something negative if you wanted to. I'm tired of hearing the term 'manipulative' on this show because it's such a gross injustice to people who are truly manipulated in life and that includes emotional, psychological and/or physical manipulation. What we see on TV is women who are willing to pick up crumbs that are left by someone and then act on their own accord and when shit hits the fan and they can't escape their idiocy, they blame someone else for their behaviour. That isn't manipulation, that is stupidity. THAT is in fact what you're seeing on TV and labeling it as something else. Someone telling me to say something and me saying it isn't manipulation. Someone saying something in hopes that it'll create traction and become a story isn't manipulation. LVP is hands down a professional shit-stirrer with a responsible mouth...in contract to Lisa Rinna  and Dorit who are shit-stirrers with irresponsible mouths. Eileen is a shit-stirrer with a self-righteous mouth. Erika and Kyle aren't shit-stirrers but they do pick lanes when it comes to the women and they think it's up to them to decide when they and others should drive in those lanes.

In the watered down version of 'manipulator' that is used on this site, LVP hasn't shown manipulative behaviour that the other women haven't shown from time to time as well. Just because people use the term to cover their own asses doesn't magically redefine the term...especially when there are more appropriate adjectives to describe what LVP does because she certainly ain't no saint.

I am not saying it always works, or that these chicks are not dumber than dirt. It doesn't always work. They don't always say what maybe she hints that they should say or wants them to say. It's the fact that she is doing it, not that it always works. I might not be manipulated by someone to do, or feel, or think like they want me to, but that doens't mean I don't understand the intent. For example, I don't think LVP was trying to manipulate Erika into suddenly breaking down and talking about her son and that she left him. I think she was trying to let Erika know that this was a topic LVP knew was being bandied about in the press and on sites, that Erika was getting judgment about it, and that LVP was willing to find an avenue to introduce the topic of how she mothered her son. It didn't work, and Erika wasn't manipulated by LVP, but she certainly understood the intent of the suggestion. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Jel said:

Also not on twitter, but interesting that it hasn't been made more of.  Eileen and Rinna have too much hubris to not expect a fall.

They all try to limit the amount of nasty tweets to them but both Eileen and Rinna go to extremes in only allowing positive posts appear on their twitter accounts. If a negative one does get through, it is deleted and that person is blocked right away. Erika seems to do the same thing, not a negative tweet on her account to be seen. So, I doubt this tweet would last longer than a few minutes on Eileen's/Rinna's or Erika's twitter pages. LOL

• Love 4

Damn, a lot of Ericka hate on this board!  I still love her.  Yeah, she could have a better sense of humor but she's poised, articulate and I could tell she was genuinely embarrassed by panty gate.  PK is a pig, I don't get why anyone could like/defend him.  I  mean, even HE seems to think he went too far in his quest for his own diamond at that party. 

Kyle's dress.  I listened to her on a podcast where she was saying she really regretted her dress choice at the reunion.  As soon as I saw that thing I thought "yep, I would too." 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I am not saying it always works, or that these chicks are not dumber than dirt. It doesn't always work. They don't always say what maybe she hints that they should say or wants them to say. It's the fact that she is doing it, not that it always works. I might not be manipulated by someone to do, or feel, or think like they want me to, but that doens't mean I don't understand the intent. For example, I don't think LVP was trying to manipulate Erika into suddenly breaking down and talking about her son and that she left him. I think she was trying to let Erika know that this was a topic LVP knew was being bandied about in the press and on sites, that Erika was getting judgment about it, and that LVP was willing to find an avenue to introduce the topic of how she mothered her son. It didn't work, and Erika wasn't manipulated by LVP, but she certainly understood the intent of the suggestion. 

These women talk to Lisa about X and she tells them if they are that concerned/upset/whatever about they should ask HW? about X! That is not manipulation IMO. She is not putting any idea into their heads, they already have an idea/thought and all Lisa does is tell them to do their job and talk about it, again that is not manipulation.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

This is minor, but it bugged me that after Ericka released her glam squad on Eileen, Ericka asked her if she felt pretty.  In my opinion, Eileen always looks stunning and it doesn't require three/four additional humans getting paid who knows what per hour to assist. 

That bugged me too. I think it speaks to Erika's overwhelming insecurities which, in my opinion, are her biggest problem. I wish she'd get therapy, because she'd be a much happier person if she dealt with some of that. Eileen always looks beautiful and, more importantly, I think Eileen is secure enough in herself not to feel like she needs a freaking glam squad to go out to dinner. The whole thing just makes me sad. Not to mention that the glam squad does terrible work, IMO.

I thought LVP looked gorgeous, except for her extremely light powder. Loved the hair, dress, and lip. Much better than usual. Kyle looked awful in that dress and I actually didn't like Dorit's either which was surprising as I like most things she wears - I didn't even mind the gold crap all over her hair at LVP's party. I like it that she's willing to have fun with fashion.

PK is gross and he looked particularly gross last night. Something was definitely going on with his face and hair. I don't dislike Dorit actually at all, even though I 100% think she baited Erika all season. I kind of enjoy looking at Dorit and I like her interactions when things get heated. She does a good job handling herself, I think. That said, her husband pretty much screams grifter through the screen at me every time I see him.

I can barely stand looking at Rinna anymore. 

• Love 10

This was

30 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

They all try to limit the amount of nasty tweets to them but both Eileen and Rinna go to extremes in only allowing positive posts appear on their twitter accounts. If a negative one does get through, it is deleted and that person is blocked right away. Erika seems to do the same thing, not a negative tweet on her account to be seen. So, I doubt this tweet would last longer than a few minutes on Eileen's/Rinna's or Erika's twitter pages. LOL

Why on earth would anyone not block haters and delete negative posts???  It's just common sense.   You would be stupid not to do so.

And how would you know how quickly something is being deleted?

Edited by escape
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Damn, a lot of Ericka hate on this board!  I still love her.  Yeah, she could have a better sense of humor but she's poised, articulate and I could tell she was genuinely embarrassed by panty gate.  PK is a pig, I don't get why anyone could like/defend him.  I  mean, even HE seems to think he went too far in his quest for his own diamond at that party. 

Kyle's dress.  I listened to her on a podcast where she was saying she really regretted her dress choice at the reunion.  As soon as I saw that thing I thought "yep, I would too." 

She has almost no sense of humor and she is only "articulate" in her THs, not to the other HWs. Again, if she were that embarrassed, she should have told Dorit that but she chose to stew about it instead.

• Love 20
12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Lisa tried to open the door for Erika to tell her story about this but Erika refused to answer it. I don't know if it was a BF chess move or Lisa trying to get Erika to be honest, we will never know.

How was her son living primarily with his father during his younger years relevant?  I don't think it's a matter of being honest, there's no requirement that she divulge that she wasn't with him 24/7 when he was little and she never said he did. 

4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She has almost no sense of humor and she is only "articulate" in her THs, not to the other HWs. Again, if she were that embarrassed, she should have told Dorit that but she chose to stew about it instead.

Why the quotes around "articulate?"  It was the proper use of the word.   Look, we all have our opinions on the HWs.  Some of us clearly hate Ericka with a passion, others hate Lisa R, others hate Kyle.   We're getting highly edited snapshots of months of interactions between these women.  I happen to think Dorit is obnoxious and was OBVIOUSLY trying to turn panty gate into a thing throughout most of the season.   I also think Ericka completely overreacted at the Hong Kong dinner.  No one is totally innocent here and no one is a super villain (well, not really on THIS franchise.)  It's not an argument anyone is going to win.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 14
36 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Huge ICK factor, and very revealing with Erika's comments to Eileen after her glam squad worked Eileen over. Eileen doesn't need Mikey and the Erika lackeys to make her pretty. The comment she made about " popular high school girl" was weird. 

It is strange that Erika talks like she raised her son. It seemed almost like she was trying to shame Dorit for using nanny's. Call me old fashioned, sexist, or stupid, but I am firm in my belief that barring extreme circumstances like mental illness, addiction etc, very young children " are usually better off in the custody of their mothers. Kids benefit immensely from having two parents obviously, but, if both parents cannot raise the child together then, if possible, the mother should have primary custody. There. I said it-( and fully expect bashing to follow ?) Erika's baby daddy was a bail bondsman, and operates a seedy male stripper company- doesn't seem like an ideal scenario for bringing up a young boy. 

What I'd like to know is which stripper had babysitting duty while daddy was writing bonds and booking parties?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, escape said:

This was

Why on earth would anyone not block haters and delete negative posts???  It's just common sense.   You would be stupid not to do so.

My post was in response to the idea of tweeting a picture, to all the HWs, of Eileen doing the spread leg mock of Erika would be funny, those 3 would not allow that tweet on their twitter page. LOL

• Love 2

At the beginning they showed Kyle at her house…she looked absolutely gorgeous.

On the sofa, why was Kyle wearing 2 Italian Bread Sleeves? I also want to know what 2 heroes she ate from Subway.

The color blocking did her no favors

Fashion critique: Kyle is giving green beetle blech

Japanese-Beetle-Picture.jpg

• Love 2
Just now, WireWrap said:

My post was in response to the idea of tweeting a picture, to all the HWs, of Eileen doing the spread leg mock of Erika would be funny, those 3 would not allow that tweet on their twitter page. LOL

And neither would Kyle or LVP.  Dorit barely has any Twitter followers to matter.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, escape said:

And neither would Kyle or LVP.  Dorit barely has any Twitter followers to matter.

See, I think both Kyle and Lisa would allow that tweet and they would also question why Eileen wasn't held accountable as well. Oh, and Dorit does have followers, heck, even Eden has them. LOL

ETA.....I would love to see if Andy would address it on his twitter! LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, lezlers said:

How was her son living primarily with his father during his younger years relevant?  I don't think it's a matter of being honest, there's no requirement that she divulge that she wasn't with him 24/7 when he was little and she never said he did. 

Why the quotes around "articulate?"  It was the proper use of the word.   Look, we all have our opinions on the HWs.  Some of us clearly hate Ericka with a passion, others hate Lisa R, others hate Kyle.   We're getting highly edited snapshots of months of interactions between these women.  I happen to think Dorit is obnoxious and was OBVIOUSLY trying to turn panty gate into a thing throughout most of the season.   I also think Ericka completely overreacted at the Hong Kong dinner.  No one is totally innocent here and no one is a super villain (well, not really on THIS franchise.)  It's not an argument anyone is going to win.

When I quote a word from a post that I am quoting, I "" it so that the person I am responding to knows what I am referring to. Yes, no one is completely innocent in "pantygate" but Dorit never said what Erika claims she did. Of course, I believe that Rinna is the one that lied and told her Dorit did in fact say them. Also, had Erika been honest with Dorit to begin with, there would not have been a "pantygate" this season. LOL

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

See, I think both Kyle and Lisa would allow that tweet and they would also question why Eileen wasn't held accountable as well. Oh, and Dorit does have followers, heck, even Eden has them. LOL

I said Dorit "barely" has any Twitter followers.   I think we should post something scandalous about Kyle and LVP - and see if they delete it or not, lol.  They would be stupid not too.

• Love 1
Just now, escape said:

I said Dorit "barely" has any Twitter followers.   I think we should post something scandalous about Kyle and LVP - and see if they delete it or not, lol.  They would be stupid not too.

Kyle would probably delete it but Lisa is different, she would call you out then block you!

I don't always hear Dorit trying to speak with an English accent. What I have noticed about Dorit is that she enunciates her words she does it now and did it in the early interview clip. She doesn't drop syllables or the ends of words nor does she smoosh sounds together so they are lost. She may begun that when learning Hebrew, Italian and Spanish and it stuck with her to be mindful of her pronunciation. It may have been reinforced when speaking to those with limited English skills as she traveled the world working. The only other one that clearly enunciates is Eileen but Eileen's conversing is another matter.

I thought PK looked fine, better than the fake tan Erica wore. Her face was darker than her hands.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 24
32 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I find it somewhat absurd that LVP, when they are talking about parenting was trying to have Erika draw out her rearing of her child.

Let's review all the people who have had their parenting "questioned"  Brandi when her kids peed on the lawn, the ultimate Adrienne Maloof and her surrogate children,  Camille and the four nannies, LVP and her being accused of favoring her birth child over her adopted child, Kyle and her daughter Portia being a spoiled brat, Kyle and claiming she lied and had nannies (she didn't), Rinna's kids calling the people of Oregon chub-chubs, Rinna leaving her daughters unchaperoned in NYC, Yolanda's kid and eat an almond and chew it slowly, Yolanda and her kid's DUI, Kim's son, Taylor daughter and "where is she?",  Carlton and dropping f-bombs around her kids, LVP and her step-son, LVP and not paying her adult son's utility bill to get the power back on.

I think Erika got off light as what came across is she was a stay at home mom and magically her son 25 years later lives with her.   There was a huge gap and it was shrouded by her son's desire for privacy.  Erika needs to stand by her choices, not necessarily defend them but the huge omission is somewhat insulting.  I don't think you can give outside interviews and describe leaving your child and moving across the country, criticize your mother's efforts as a single parent, make cracks about Dorit and her nannies and default to privacy.  My guess is there wasn't money in the Erika budget when she was 20 years old and we know from Erika's own words she wasn't getting acting, dancing singing jobs in NYC.  Nannies are a luxury and I am not against any parent bringing in help anymore than a parent who uses a daycare or family to help with the care of their children.

As far as LVP I think it entirely reasonable when Erika made an issue of how she was raised to ask about how she raised her child.  It wasn't as if they were talking about facelifts and LVP interjected. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

You speak of it like you're so sure yourself what the intention was and in turn you make assumptions of what Erika thought and therefore you're commenting on how she reacted. Like I said, you can interpret anything negatively if you want. So by your standard, everything LVP says has a motive and a manipulative intent (again, that's still the wrong label you're applying). You already have an idea in your head about LVP and contrary to what you claim, it doesn't mean you're only reacting to what you see and hear, you're now interpreting and filling in holes that you can't see or haven't heard. It's call bias and we're all guilty of it so we can't make declarations of someone's intent and hide behind the convenience of basing it on what you and see and hear when an intent can neither be seen or heard and the example you reference of LVP's intent falls into the category of 'reaching' because nothing that was presented in that interaction was directly insinuating or suggesting anything.

LVP followed up her question with sharing her own story and explaining that what she felt she lacked as a child, she made sure to do a lot more of as a parent to her children. Sharing her story seemed to very pointedly direct the nature of the question and the type of answer she was expecting from Erika. You're reaching with your opinion and crediting Erika based on your choice to believe that everything LVP says comes with some ill-intent. Erika's relationship with her son was something going around in the press during her first season - a season where LVP actually had tension with Erika after she misquoted her comment about Mohammad and after she made comments to Kathryn about LVP having a web. If there was ill-intent, why not use that information to go after Erika when she was coming for her rather than throw out that crumb now and follow it up with a direction that is opposite of insinuating she was an absentee mother?

NOTHING you described is any different from what the other women have done in the past and even so this season. This is just a case of women who are all playing the HW game and some have the life experiences to navigate it better (LVP, Erika) than others (Rinna, Eileen). If you want an example of real manipulation, check out the rumour of the cease and desist between Phaedra, Porsha and Kandi. Manipulation is a skill - it's a psychological game where you can influence and control someone's thoughts and behaviours while making them think it's their thoughts and behaviours. Now if you can name actual examples of LVP doing this, then I'll concede the point but otherwise, I still strongly stand by the fact that you're calling it the wrong thing.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

When I quote a word from a post that I am quoting, I "" it so that the person I am responding to knows what I am referring to. Yes, no one is completely innocent in "pantygate" but Dorit never said what Erika claims she did. Of course, I believe that Rinna is the one that lied and told her Dorit did in fact say them. Also, had Erika been honest with Dorit to begin with, there would not have been a "pantygate" this season. LOL

I think there is a straw man in this forum because has anyone ever said Dorit and PK were 100% correct to talk about it and give the dumb panty gift? I don't think so, but people seem to have to keep defending the idea that it was 100% okay.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

He'd still have a woman to look up to?????

"......And these are your aunts - Ginger, Mercedes, Diamond, Porsche, Ruby, Foxxxy and Meli$$a."

Edited by ElDosEquis
Plurals.
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

You speak of it like you're so sure yourself what the intention was and in turn you make assumptions of what Erika thought and therefore you're commenting on how she reacted. Like I said, you can interpret anything negatively if you want. So by your standard, everything LVP says has a motive and a manipulative intent (again, that's still the wrong label you're applying). You already have an idea in your head about LVP and contrary to what you claim, it doesn't mean you're only reacting to what you see and hear, you're now interpreting and filling in holes that you can't see or haven't heard. It's call bias and we're all guilty of it so we can't make declarations of someone's intent and hide behind the convenience of basing it on what you and see and hear when an intent can neither be seen or heard and the example you reference of LVP's intent falls into the category of 'reaching' because nothing that was presented in that interaction was directly insinuating or suggesting anything.

LVP followed up her question with sharing her own story and explaining that what she felt she lacked as a child, she made sure to do a lot more of as a parent to her children. Sharing her story seemed to very pointedly direct the nature of the question and the type of answer she was expecting from Erika. You're reaching with your opinion and crediting Erika based on your choice to believe that everything LVP says comes with some ill-intent. Erika's relationship with her son was something going around in the press during her first season - a season where LVP actually had tension with Erika after she misquoted her comment about Mohammad and after she made comments to Kathryn about LVP having a web. If there was ill-intent, why not use that information to go after Erika when she was coming for her rather than throw out that crumb now and follow it up with a direction that is opposite of insinuating she was an absentee mother?

NOTHING you described is any different from what the other women have done in the past and even so this season. This is just a case of women who are all playing the HW game and some have the life experiences to navigate it better (LVP, Erika) than others (Rinna, Eileen). If you want an example of real manipulation, check out the rumour of the cease and desist between Phaedra, Porsha and Kandi. Manipulation is a skill - it's a psychological game that where you can influence and control someone's thoughts and behaviours while making them think it's their thoughts and behaviours. Now if you can name actual examples of LVP doing this, then I'll concede the point but otherwise, I still strongly stand by the fact that you're calling it the wrong thing.

Completely agree to disagree. I am trying to figure out when other HW's have over and over again brought up stuff on camera that the other gals don't want to talk about. I'll tell you what, if any one of them ever bring up LVP's lawsuits (which she doesn't want addressed on the show), the allegation that Ken wanted to have evidence destroyed of sexual harrassment, or the specifics behind whatever happened to have Max sent away prior to S1, I will put the exact same judgment on that person, because I think it is shitty.  If someone continues to do it to others and kind of makes a thing out of it,  bringing up stuff they know a gal is trying to keep on the low-down for whatever reason, I will assume they are slimy. I completely disagree that they all do this. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

He'd still have a women to look up to?????

"......And these are your aunts - Ginger, Mercedes, Diamond, Porsche, Ruby, Foxxxy and Meli$$a."

With daddy running a male stripper business maybe that's where sonny boy became enthralled with police uniforms and handcuffs. Just saying.  ;-)

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Jel said:

I think there is a straw man in this forum because has anyone ever said Dorit and PK were 100% correct to talk about it and give the dumb panty gift? I don't think so, but people seem to have to keep defending the idea that it was 100% okay.  

No, no one is claiming they are innocent but as soon as Erika told Dorit "they were fine", that she let it go and they high fived each other she should have dropped it and made her cronies (Eileen/Rinna) do likewise. Now, if Erika had a change of heart a few days/weeks later she should have told Dorit so that Dorit knew the score and could apologize to her if she wanted to but she didn't, which is all on Erika at this stage!

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I often wonder if PK had just been a big old marshmallow if people would describe him as gross.  He is obviously obese and I don't think he would have ever been described as a handsome man.  He claims to have learned from his first season on the show, I admire his resolve to defend his wife and I think it is shitty that Erika questioned his very right to be a part of the Reunion.  There was the real part of Erika who said, "it is not my show."

What I can't abide by, is the total lack of just basic manners towards PK from both Rinna and Erika.  These are two women who have literally gone off on another cast mate for not showing their husbands respect. Erika screaming at Kathryn calling her an ass over her behavior shown to Tom, Rinna and the ridiculous wine throwing and glass breaking over the Harry comments, and expecting a life time pass to go after Kim and always cite the Harry comment.  Had Erika allowed PK to speak she might have had an opportunity to get to the bottom of things and get  another apology.  As a viewer I like seeing trips with the husbands, they don't have to take center stage, but these all girl trips get a little tired.  When Erika says things like respect is earned, it is a two way street, got to show some to get some.  Rinna's not wearing panties comment was just so base, I so wanted someone to ask her if she was back to wearing Depends.

As to PK's stream of income I thought he handled the inquiry well.  All season people have been commenting on how they afford their lifestyle on just managing Boy George.  PK over the years has made a lot of people a lot of money, I don't see him as a grafter as much as a risk taker. 

I've never thought of PK as obese. I literally just googled pictures of him to make sure I was remembering him correctly. I mean, he's no slim and trim dude, but he looks not out of the ordinary for a middle aged man in America to me. My response to PK in general is based more on his overall vibe. I've met a lot of PKs in my life (usually socially) and he jumped out at me immediately. Could certainly be wrong! Last night I guess someone put too much makeup on him (and Andy) and did some filling in on his hair which made him look worse than he does normally.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Completely agree to disagree. I am trying to figure out when other HW's have over and over again brought up stuff on camera that the other gals don't want to talk about. I'll tell you what, if any one of them ever bring up LVP's lawsuits (which she doesn't want addressed on the show), the allegation that Ken wanted to have evidence destroyed of sexual harrassment, or the specifics behind whatever happened to have Max sent away prior to S1, I will put the exact same judgment on that person, because I think it is shitty.  If someone continues to do it to others and kind of makes a thing out of it,  bringing up stuff they know a gal is trying to keep on the low-down for whatever reason, I will assume they are slimy. I completely disagree that they all do this. 

They blame Lisa so that they don't have to take responsibility for their own actions/words. Lisa has told/challenged them to "ask her anything" and she will either answer it or not as she sees fit. You can't blame her if they don't ask her. Oh, and Lisa did talk about sending Max away, on camera to boot, so there was no reason for anyone to ask about it.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Erika's son went to Valley Forge Military Academy in PA.   It's a boarding school grades 7-12, then a Jr. College.    Could be from 7th grade on, he was away from both parents.

I know Valley Forge. I know people who attended it. My brothers attended a different boarding school. I'd say that her son was probably home about once a month because my brothers were with long weekends, breaks, and just random times when my folks wanted to see their faces. Or we'd go to see them in plays or some of their games. I'm not sure where in New Jersey her ex and his parents lived, but the school is less than 2 hours away from NYC. So it's a slightly different version of being away when his dad was still in the tristate area. When his dad moved to Vegas, I would call it as about the same as Erika.

• Love 3