Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Speaking of, that’s what Buddy looks like he’s about to do—vomit. Right in her open mouth. 

Good thing I read before I post, because I was going to say this exact thing! 

She can pay guys to pose for shit like this, but she can't make them like it! He is doing an incredibly poor job of pretending to like her. Add acting to the list of things Buddy sucks at.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

10 people is a success?

There was an audience below the stage. At the time of the Summit, Twit had several videos -- besides this one -- showing the first rows of the audience. Which made me wonder if those few rows were the only ones with ppl in them.

• Love 4

You know that obnoxious person standing in line somewhere, who is talking way too loud about something that has to do with them and their fabulosity, hoping you will overhear/enviously admire/ask for more!??  That's Whitney.  Her talking heads are the kind of talk that would make you turn around and glare with SHUT-UP EYES at a person in line spouting that shit.

And, as I've said previously, she also reminds me of that awful character on Girls.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, Horrified said:

You know that obnoxious person standing in line somewhere, who is talking way too loud about something that has to do with them and their fabulosity, hoping you will overhear/enviously admire/ask for more!??  That's Whitney.  Her talking heads are the kind of talk that would make you turn around and glare with SHUT-UP EYES at a person in line spouting that shit.

And, as I've said previously, she also reminds me of that awful character on Girls.

So annoying these people are.  I had one of those waiting in the airport for a flight. This guy was walking around the area, talking loudly into this phone about "business stuff". Very rude. And guess what, the public doesn't give a shit! No one is going to jump up and be like, "Wow. We gotta roll out the red carpet for this guy." He was an ass in the plane, too. Very entitled, treating the staff like servants. If he has any "friends" it's because they want something or they're afraid of him. 

Ya know what would be interesting? Seeing how Whitney behaves when there are no cameras around for her to play to. Would she waddle around the airport on her phone, talking loudly about her next "event", annoying everyone? Or, does she really hate her life and try to lay low in the actual world. Sometimes I wonder if the exaggerated obnoxiousness is a cover for closet self-loathing. Confident people don't need to behave as she does. 

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Oh.

My.

God.

They invited her back?

This is worrisome. Makes me think TLC paid them to let her come as a storyline for next season. Please don’t let this mean she’s being renewed. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

This is worrisome. Makes me think TLC paid them to let her come as a storyline for next season. Please don’t let this mean she’s being renewed. 

I'm not religious but, please lord no. Just, no. Let this show die. 

• Love 14

Ok, I just saw a quick blurb about someone who did something waaay worse than tonguing an iceberg. Some crazy beeyotch licks .... (faint of stomach should scroll past this post RIGHT NOW).... toilet seats. 

Will this be Shitney's next challenge? Lick a toilet seat in a public bus station?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Ya know what would be interesting? Seeing how Whitney behaves when there are no cameras around for her to play to.

Well, we have one example of how she acts. When a prod. asst told Kerryn (the comedienne) that Twit smokes, she demanded the asst be fired for telling her big secret. That's "star power" for you.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Ok, I just saw a quick blurb about someone who did something waaay worse than tonguing an iceberg. Some crazy beeyotch licks .... (faint of stomach should scroll past this post RIGHT NOW).... toilet seats. 

Will this be Shitney's next challenge? Lick a toilet seat in a public bus station?

😶

19 hours ago, Dot said:

Well, we have one example of how she acts. When a prod. asst told Kerryn (the comedienne) that Twit smokes, she demanded the asst be fired for telling her big secret. That's "star power" for you.

I must have missed this--was it in the regular episode or something that came out later on? 

I must have missed this--was it in the regular episode or something that came out later on? 

Kerryn did an a/m/a (ask me anything) on reddit and told that story there. She then returned to say she hadn't realized that publicly revealing what went on behind the scenes at the show was prohibited by her contract, and she apologized and, I believe, deleted it? LINK

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

IIRC -- and it's been a while -- Keeryn was on Reddit doing a tell-all & someone asked her about appearing on MBFFL. She said she couldn't say anything about the show becuz she'd already been told that it was a violation of her NDA with MBFFL to say anything & mentioned the incident with the prod. asst.

I probably have some of the details wrong. Anyone remember more accurately?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

So do you think poor Babs knows her daughter posted a video of her in her pajamas on her Instagram profile while making fun of her for mispronouncing Tarzan? 

She is so disrespectful to her.

And it's not even really a mispronunciation -- . probably lots of ppl say Tarzan the way Babs does.

And she will be mortified when she finds out several thousand ppl saw her without her lipstick on.

There's something cruel going on now that Babs is a stroke survivor. It's like Twit is striking out for all her perceived grievances about how Babs treated her as a child now that Babs is not as quick as she used to be.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Dot said:

And it's not even really a mispronunciation -- . probably lots of ppl say Tarzan the way Babs does.

And she will be mortified when she finds out several thousand ppl saw her without her lipstick on.

There's something cruel going on now that Babs is a stroke survivor. It's like Twit is striking out for all her perceived grievances about how Babs treated her as a child now that Babs is not as quick as she used to be.

I feel like Whitney is almost giddy that Babs has lingering effects from her stroke. She seems so gleeful every time she can point out even the littlest problem or error on Babs’ part. 

She is just vile. 

• Love 17
On 3/4/2019 at 4:37 PM, Colleenna said:

Let's try an experiment: for the episode airing THIS WEEK, don't watch and don't DVR it. Tell everyone else you know who hate watches to do the same. (You can always DVR it at a later date.) Then let's see what happens to her numbers........

I'm in!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I feel like Whitney is almost giddy that Babs has lingering effects from her stroke. She seems so gleeful every time she can point out even the littlest problem or error on Babs’ part. 

She is just vile. 

You have chosen 2 perfect adjectives to describe Twit's attitude toward her stricken mama.

As far as boycotting MBFFL goes, @Colleenna suggested that on 3/4. But even if the suggestion was current, our small squad isn't enuf to make a  dent in the ratings.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dot said:

You have chosen 2 perfect adjectives to describe Twit's attitude toward her stricken mama.

As far as boycotting MBFFL goes, @Colleenna suggested that on 3/4. But even if the suggestion was current, our small squad isn't enuf to make a  dent in the ratings.

It is if you also enlist any RL friends you may have who hate watch.  😉

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

It is if you also enlist any RL friends you may have who hate watch.  😉

Do you have a couple thousand friends, @Colleenna? Who have all previously been watching MBFFL so their absence would be noticeable? That's what it would take from all of us.

P.S. I don't know anyone who watches MBFFL, perhaps they don't want to confess it, like me!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Dot said:

Do you have a couple thousand friends, @Colleenna? Who have all previously been watching MBFFL so their absence would be noticeable? That's what it would take from all of us.

P.S. I don't know anyone who watches MBFFL, perhaps they don't want to confess it, like me!

Well, darn. A girl can dream. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

So I see next week is the finale episode. Here's to hoping this is the final season of this crap. 

It's kinda sad, though, that the show took off in the direction it did. I wonder what Whit would say if she were confronted with how she represented on the pilot episode/series versus the circus it quickly became. It's as if Whit became a circus clown--falling down, struggling and performing stupid tricks so the audience could mock her. She certainly isn't a role model for women her size. In fact, she may have done more harm than good with her antics and attitude. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

So I see next week is the finale episode. Here's to hoping this is the final season of this crap.

I think her ratings will have to drop to well under a million for MBFFL to end. (Or she'll have to get caught in some sort of sexual situation as Mama June was. Tho in Twit's case, I'm sure it will be sexual harassment or assault.)

For example, a couple of years ago TLC had a show where a fat black woman drove around dropping folksy wisdom on ppl who didn't seem very interested. It never got more than 1/2 million viewers & was dropped before the first season ended.

There are some interesting. conflicting signals, tho. There's The Kiss, pointing to a new season. (Tho, of course, that was conceived & filmed before TLC was probably in renewal discussions.)

On the other hand, Twit has not yet been talking on IG about the start of filming, which is usually April. Those of us who watch her IG page will be looking for clues.

• Love 4
On 3/21/2019 at 10:50 AM, TurtlePower said:

So annoying these people are.  I had one of those waiting in the airport for a flight. This guy was walking around the area, talking loudly into this phone about "business stuff". Very rude. And guess what, the public doesn't give a shit! No one is going to jump up and be like, "Wow. We gotta roll out the red carpet for this guy." He was an ass in the plane, too. Very entitled, treating the staff like servants. If he has any "friends" it's because they want something or they're afraid of him. 

Ya know what would be interesting? Seeing how Whitney behaves when there are no cameras around for her to play to. Would she waddle around the airport on her phone, talking loudly about her next "event", annoying everyone? Or, does she really hate her life and try to lay low in the actual world. Sometimes I wonder if the exaggerated obnoxiousness is a cover for closet self-loathing. Confident people don't need to behave as she does. 

I've always thought it is her trying to cover up her insecurities and self-hatred. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dot said:

This is a sample of a Buddy Cameo. Worth every penny of the 4 dollars it cost, right?

If only Heather had given Buddy $4, then he would have given her a straight answer as to whether they were still a couple.  Lesson learned.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Ryan just posted a quote on his instagram story profile and I am wondering if it is meant to throw shade at his "business partner," Whitney. Seems curiously apropos of some of her statements in the past . . . . .

"Don't count likes and followers. Count invoices and deposits."

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

https://soapdirt.com/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-spoilers-whitney-thore-admits-buddy-bell-obsession/

‘My Big Fat Fabulous Life’ Spoilers: Whitney Thore Admits Buddy Bell Obsession

March 26, 2019 Jessica Almeida Buddy Bell, Whitney Thore

My Big Fat Fabulous Life spoilers reveal Whitney Thore is obsessed with Buddy Bell. She says her fixation began before he dated Heather Sykes. This reveal left everyone shocked, including Buddy himself. Buddy and Whitney have been best friends since high school. It is no secret that there is chemistry between the pair on My Big Fat Fabulous Life. However, no one expected this intense confession from Whitney Thore.

My Big Fat Fabulous Life Spoilers: Whitney Thore Reveals Obsession

Whitney Thore has a hard time finding someone to love. It seems like she looks in all the wrong places on My Big Fat Fabulous Life. However, what she has been searching for could have been standing in front of her this whole time. Buddy Bell has been there for her through good times and bad. It would not be shocking if somewhere throughout their friendship, feelings developed between the two.

My Big Fat Fabulous Life spoilers indicate that TLC star Whitney Thore was all about Buddy Bell. She said that before he and Heather dated she “was obsessed with Buddy first”. At one point, she could have seen her best friend as more than just a friend. Maybe her family and friends are right. Whitney and Buddy Bell should just date.

Buddy Bell Unaware Of Obsession

Throughout the season, Buddy Bell had some awkward moments with Whitney Thore. He accidentally kissed her while she was visiting him in Washington, D.C. He also walked in on her while she was in the shower. Now he finds out that his best friend is obsessed with him.

My Big Fat Fabulous Life spoilers show Buddy Bell was clueless about her fixation. So, when he hears Whitney Thore confess her obsession with him, the look he has on his face expresses discomfort. Either he had no idea about her being into him or he didn’t think she would ever admit it. Especially in front of his ex-girlfriend.

Love Triangle Between Friends

Whitney Thore and Buddy Bell never officially dated. On My Big Fat Fabulous Life she said she was fine with Heather dating him. However, it made for an strange situation when Heather and Buddy broke up. She felt like she was caught in the middle of them — forced to pick sides. Now it seems like there might be a love triangle between them.

My Big Fat Fabulous Life spoilers explain there may be some tension between the three friends. There is a chance that Heather found out about the kiss between Buddy and Whitney. Before Whitney admits her obsession with her Boo Bear, Heather talks about her relationship with him. She says “that’s my ex-boyfriend”. Yet, it seems like Whitney doesn’t care since she was into him first. If Heather Sykes and Whitney Thore both have feelings for Buddy, then this is a case of a love triangle.

Don’t miss the season finale on TLC.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Emma C said:

https://soapdirt.com/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-spoilers-whitney-thore-admits-buddy-bell-obsession/

‘My Big Fat Fabulous Life’ Spoilers: Whitney Thore Admits Buddy Bell Obsession

March 26, 2019 Jessica Almeida Buddy Bell, Whitney Thore

My Big Fat Fabulous Life spoilers reveal Whitney Thore is obsessed with Buddy Bell. She says her fixation began before he dated Heather Sykes. This reveal left everyone shocked, including Buddy himself. Buddy and Whitney have been best friends since high school. It is no secret that there is chemistry between the pair on My Big Fat Fabulous Life. However, no one expected this intense confession from Whitney Thore.

My Big Fat Fabulous Life Spoilers: Whitney Thore Reveals Obsession

Whitney Thore has a hard time finding someone to love. It seems like she looks in all the wrong places on My Big Fat Fabulous Life. However, what she has been searching for could have been standing in front of her this whole time. Buddy Bell has been there for her through good times and bad. It would not be shocking if somewhere throughout their friendship, feelings developed between the two.

My Big Fat Fabulous Life spoilers indicate that TLC star Whitney Thore was all about Buddy Bell. She said that before he and Heather dated she “was obsessed with Buddy first”. At one point, she could have seen her best friend as more than just a friend. Maybe her family and friends are right. Whitney and Buddy Bell should just date.

Buddy Bell Unaware Of Obsession

Throughout the season, Buddy Bell had some awkward moments with Whitney Thore. He accidentally kissed her while she was visiting him in Washington, D.C. He also walked in on her while she was in the shower. Now he finds out that his best friend is obsessed with him.

My Big Fat Fabulous Life spoilers show Buddy Bell was clueless about her fixation. So, when he hears Whitney Thore confess her obsession with him, the look he has on his face expresses discomfort. Either he had no idea about her being into him or he didn’t think she would ever admit it. Especially in front of his ex-girlfriend.

Love Triangle Between Friends

Whitney Thore and Buddy Bell never officially dated. On My Big Fat Fabulous Life she said she was fine with Heather dating him. However, it made for an strange situation when Heather and Buddy broke up. She felt like she was caught in the middle of them — forced to pick sides. Now it seems like there might be a love triangle between them.

My Big Fat Fabulous Life spoilers explain there may be some tension between the three friends. There is a chance that Heather found out about the kiss between Buddy and Whitney. Before Whitney admits her obsession with her Boo Bear, Heather talks about her relationship with him. She says “that’s my ex-boyfriend”. Yet, it seems like Whitney doesn’t care since she was into him first. If Heather Sykes and Whitney Thore both have feelings for Buddy, then this is a case of a love triangle.

Don’t miss the season finale on TLC.

This is not how relationships work at all.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Ryan just posted a quote on his instagram story profile and I am wondering if it is meant to throw shade at his "business partner," Whitney. Seems curiously apropos of some of her statements in the past . . . . .

"Don't count likes and followers. Count invoices and deposits."

Gee - sounds like trouble in paradise. Guess the 20k followers didn’t turn into 20k subscribers. Thing is, if the product was decent then having 20k followers to market to should turn into at least a decent number of customers. Of course nothing near what I’m sure Whit was spouting, but more than whatever they have now. Problem here is that the 20k followers are not in the market for what is really just a home-done workout program. It didn’t hit the niche into which the followers fit. If it was truly a well designed workout problem for the morbidly obese and those with other limitations, it could have caught on. But just like her dance thing at the “summit”, she didn’t do any research or planning to make it truly fit the needs of those people. So it’s just another in a huge list of online workout programs. If that’s all you want, $20 a month can buy a much more professional workout. 

Not to  let Ryan off the hook, he could have done that research too. I suspect he went into this business endeavor while he was still had his ‘Whit-googles’ on. Just like so many of us who believed her crap for the purpose and design of the show 6 years ago, he believed she what she spouted about working out even with limitations and jumped into business thinking it would go well. Now he is seeing the real Whitney - lazy, vile, narcissistic, and in his case probably sexually harassing. 

• Love 10

"Buddy and Whitney have been best friends since high school."

That's what the magazine article says that @Emma C provided above.

Is this Twit's new lie? Or an erroneous assumption on the part of the article's author?

Twit has said she met Buddy when they were both h.s. students, but at different schools. She was introduced to him becuz her BF knew him. No way were they more than the most casual of friends.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Emma C said:

<snip>

<snip>

Now he finds out that his best friend is obsessed with him.

Wait a second... her obsession was supposed to be a secret?  To whom?  Not a single viewer, thats for sure!!!!

And definitely Buddy totally has known that Whit is in lurve with him....  he has just never been interested before.  Maybe he is acting interested now because he is in a bit of a depression???

• Love 4

Buddy must be really desperate for a TLC paycheck. Twit is just desperate not to lose her 15 minutes of @fame”. So glad I didn’t waste my time watching this episodes. My condolences to those of you who did. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Taleeya said:

Wait a second... her obsession was supposed to be a secret?  To whom?  Not a single viewer, thats for sure!!!!

And definitely Buddy totally has known that Whit is in lurve with him....  he has just never been interested before.  Maybe he is acting interested now because he is in a bit of a depression???

I think he’s acting interested because Whitney told him to act interested or she wouldn’t let him be on the show anymore and he needs the paycheck.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

What am I remembering, from an early season, about Whitney stuck in the tub, and Buddy rescuing her?

Her back went out & she screamed for help from him. He was reluctant, but complied, keeping his eyes averted as much as possible. IIRC, she chided him for that, saying he'd seen her naked before. Given her self-declared penchant for wandering around her house in the nude, this is probably the explanation & not that they had ever been intimate.

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, Colleenna said:

Kissing that fat bum, Buddy, has to be the next best thing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Next question . . . Does anyone think he looks interested?

Well - she had her hand on his leg and he didn’t run screaming. That’s as interested as I think she’s going to get. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3