Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

On 1/28/2019 at 1:57 PM, Ketzel said:

I've been kind of wondering what's in this association with Big Whit for Ryan. Let's assume for the sake of a reasonable hypothetical, that NoBS Active has 50 subscribers. (Whitney's fans seem to be very supportive of her, until actual money gets in the mix, so I doubt too many more than that have actually signed up - not to mention their constant theme of "wish I could do that but I don't have your confidence, " or the alternative "wish I could do that but I have [fill in any condition that makes exercise unattractive or unattainable.]")

$20 x 50 = $1000 per month

Let's assume a 50/50 split - Ryan is doing more of the real work but Whitney is the Name. (Yeah, I know. She might be demanding more.)

$500 per month to produce 20 videos per month (5 a week) $500/20 = $25 per video each.

Ryan's doing all of the lesson planning, leading the video classes, participating in the webinair and posting answers to participant questions on the website. For $25 per week? Or if we extravagantly raise the class size to 200, for $100 per week?  Even at the high end of realistic, he could be making much more for his time doing personal training. It makes no financial sense for him to be doing this unless Whitney is dangling something else in front of him. Other than her aromatic nether region.

The only thing I can think of other him being duped by her “star power” as you mentioned is that he thinks if he sticks around long enough he will be included on the show, which will provide him with some sort of money and exposure.  Of course becoming “too” popular might make him the next Maddie (ie being on most episodes to barely any).

• Love 5

Just planking in the desert, loving how my @nobsbysnogaleggings stay on my body no matter what...unless I don’t want them to

So I just saw this description under that photo of her doing a plank. I had been so distracted by the photo before that I didn’t see the comment. What the hell kind of advertisement is this??? First, do leggings normally fall off? I didn’t know that was an issue. Rolling at the waist, yes. Falling off your body, not so much. And who says ‘unless I don’t want them to stay on my body’ when they are trying to sell a product?  Sexual innuendo is not appropriate in a business environment.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Helps them, of course. You just PROVED that all complications of pregnancy happen regardless of weight so telling her to lose weight before attempting to get pregnant is just medically-endorsed body shaming! Logic!

I somehow knew that'd be the case! 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Just planking in the desert, loving how my @nobsbysnogaleggings stay on my body no matter what...unless I don’t want them to

So I just saw this description under that photo of her doing a plank. I had been so distracted by the photo before that I didn’t see the comment. What the hell kind of advertisement is this??? First, do leggings normally fall off? I didn’t know that was an issue. Rolling at the waist, yes. Falling off your body, not so much. And who says ‘unless I don’t want them to stay on my body’ when they are trying to sell a product?  Sexual innuendo is not appropriate in a business environment.  

I donno, sex sells...but you have to be sexy...sorry, Twit, failed again.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I donno, sex sells...but you have to be sexy...sorry, Twit, failed again.

Sure sex sells but even if Twit was sexy, that’s not what this is especially when dealing with athletic attire. If you look at even the “sexiest” women’s athletic wear ads, they are full of women being active and looking strong. There are even many out there with more plus sized women. Again they look active and strong. None of them tout their leggings as wonderful because they will “come off when you want them too” wink, wink, giggle giggle. She’s like a 13 year old. Is she not getting marketing advice from anyone? It wouldn’t have to be a professional. Someone with a brain could guide her better than what she’s putting out there now. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

D0D84EF6-B4BD-40CC-B07B-CAAA0ACA8A4F.gif.113aff324ddb7c79ace403830a654687.gif

• Love 4
On 1/28/2019 at 4:32 PM, minamreeka said:

She should have gone for the supersized market that is too large for regular plus size collections, or stock the stuff that is still hard to find-skiwear and cold weather gear, modest or loose fitting workout wear, or coats.  Good lord is it hard to find a coat you can wear working out if you're a large size.

All your points and ideas are really good (and could actually make Twit some money if she would go in the direction you suggested), but if she starts selling skiwear, I’m not going to be able to stop picturing this:

I mean, I guess there’s always photoshop to make it look like she can stand on skis, right?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Yup. Butt wings.

She's making them worse because you can see she's pulling the sides of her waist forward away from the camera so her back looks smaller but by doing that she's making her butt wings look even worse. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I just find it really hilarious that she truly believes she is an inspiration to anyone and mortified for anyone to think she is their inspiration. 

I just noticed that even her FINGERS have fat rolls.

• Love 8
On 1/28/2019 at 9:19 PM, John M said:

I just don't get what Whit's goal is beyond keeping this going, whatever this is, with the absolute minimal effort she can make on her part. She puts zero effort in promoting her public speaking, to the extend she does any at all, I still have no fucking idea what No Body Shame is as an organization, it seemed to portray itself as a non-profit but it absolute is not, I actually think here BGDC is not the worst idea in the world if she actually did it or licensed it.

I'm honestly curious if Whit has the rights to any of this at this point or maybe sold off her rights to BGDC/NBS and is just fulfilling her contractual obligations as lazily as possible at this point.

The other option is that she thinks she IS working hard and making sense.

• Love 3
On 1/31/2019 at 6:20 AM, MrsWitter said:

All your points and ideas are really good (and could actually make Twit some money if she would go in the direction you suggested), but if she starts selling skiwear, I’m not going to be able to stop picturing this:

I mean, I guess there’s always photoshop to make it look like she can stand on skis, right?

Oh This!...I found it to be outrageously funny and pathetically sad at the same time.  I have to admit, I laughed out loud the first time I saw it!

Edited by Ritanne
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I just find it really hilarious that she truly believes she is an inspiration to anyone and mortified for anyone to think she is their inspiration.

I think it's tragic that anyone thinks she's an inspiration. It's especially tragic that she could inspire someone to an early grave. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.png.957782c496740531976e84f00692e3bc.png

I really hate the way when she walks fast and her arms are a pumping - its like she needs the arms failing to gain momentum - like what your legs do on a swing

Weeble Wobbles!

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I mean, how big would you have to be to aspire to be her size?

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Emma C said:

I mean, how big would you have to be to aspire to be her size?

I don't know anyone including myself would want to be that overweight. It comes with health problem , diabetes, hyperlidemia, arthritis  which she will get eventually or already has. But don't tell any of her followers that or will go after you lol

• Love 6

The long comment -- not worth reading, frankly -- is from the designer who took Twit's favorite cruise photo & posterized it. I've never understood why this photo is a fave.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Dot said:

The long comment -- not worth reading, frankly -- is from the designer who took Twit's favorite cruise photo & posterized it. I've never understood why this photo is a fave.

I find it incredibly offensive that whoever created this is "sponging off of" (not a great way to put it, but I'm so angry words won't come) the Pittsburgh "Stronger than Hate" campaign. That campaign was created in response to the brutal murder of 11 people who were doing nothing more than worshipping. 

• Love 13

"My body wasn't used,to normal eating so turned every bite of food to fat and I gained 100lbs" maybe a nutritional expert can comment but this sounds like a bullshit excuse for disordered eating. Yes when you under eat your body burns muscle and stores fat but that doesn't result in a huge weight gain. I knew a recovering anorexic and she never gained 100 lbs when her diet became normal again.

• Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:50 AM, Pachengala said:

I would just like to reiterate that had Big Whit (tm @Ketzel and thank you for the bedtime lulz) struck when the iron was hot—say, seasons 1-3—and hustled to franchise BGDC, she could be chilling on easy street right now. She could be doing nothing but drunken, topless live posts with her personal care coach du jour and the money would still be coming in.

I’m still disgusted at what a waste that was, not capitalizing on that when the window was open. I’m lazy too, Whitney, which is why I know you let us lazy folk down. Short term hustle for long term sloth. It’s the dream! THE DREAM! And you let it all slip through your cheeto-stained fingers. Sigh.

I watched the show from the very beginning and the original premise was hey here is a fat girl who loves to dance and is active and living her life! Whit was going to the gym, seeing a nutritionist, reaching out for support with her diet, etc.  I was expecting a feel good story and some inspiration to aid me in my own weight loss efforts and of course now its a cautionary tale but I digress. Whitney wasn't famous and had no direction on how to navigate her fame and public persona. I really think that Whit and her family/friends were all so thrilled that she had the TV show that there wasn't even a thought to how to capitalize on it or plan subsequent projects. Glenn is the only successful person in the entire group and he just seems worn out and tired. 

• Love 9

I liked the show and Twit in season one. It all went way downhill. 

First thing i noticed on that poster above was the ‘artist’ added the cellulite 😂 like damn you couldn’t have left that out ?! 

Edited by DNR
Edit
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, DNR said:

I liked the show and Twit in season one. It all went way downhill. 

First thing i noticed on that poster above was she added the cellulite 😂 like damn you couldn’t have left that out ?! 

Of course not! That would be body shaming! (Although it does look like she made Whitney's head look more in proportion to her body. But that could have just been a drafting error - it's probably hard to draw a small head on a massive body when you are going for a realistic depiction.)

• Love 5
On 1/31/2019 at 9:20 AM, MrsWitter said:

Here’s a little more of the ski clip with Twit at the reunion. I laughed out loud at her comments about the ski debacle.   You have to hear it to believe it - she’s delusional . 

Edited by DNR
Word
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, DNR said:

Here’s a little more of the ski clip with Twit at the reunion. I laughed out loud at her comments about the ski debacle.   You have to hear it to believe it - she’s delusional . 

Edited by Ritanne
I must have touched something wrong on my phone...
27 minutes ago, Ritanne said:

Hard to believe she said she still had her splits!?  Really, if she had her splits and she was so flexible, she would not have been screaming for help. Delusional is an understatement. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, DNR said:

Thanks for posting that extended clip! Is it bad that I started literally laughing out loud? I really want Twit to start a skiwear line now. Desperately. Really just so we can see her shoot the campaign.

So what if I can’t pee or shower in my RV or stand up on skis? I’ve got my splits! I’m fat and flexible! Fabulous!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 2/2/2019 at 12:08 AM, Colleenna said:

I find it incredibly offensive that whoever created this is "sponging off of" (not a great way to put it, but I'm so angry words won't come) the Pittsburgh "Stronger than Hate" campaign. That campaign was created in response to the brutal murder of 11 people who were doing nothing more than worshipping. 

Yeah, Stronger Than Hate is about being a yinzer first and coming together regardless of color or religion or sex or ethnicity, about saying some fuckstick criminal does not destroy this city.

It's not about some fat bitch on Instagram wanting to ride victim status so she can be "speshul" too.

16 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Yes when you under eat your body burns muscle and stores fat but that doesn't result in a huge weight gain. 

You have to under-eat, especially protein, to a very extreme degree and already be underweight before your body will really start to cannibalize its own muscles.

I highly doubt any of these Tumblrexics have ever actually been restricting that severely. The only eating disorder Whitney has is maybe binge eating disorder. Seeing her inhale cake, cupcakes, and buckets of ice cream hiding in her car, no way is she restricting to any degree.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

You have to under-eat, especially protein, to a very extreme degree and already be underweight before your body will really start to cannibalize its own muscles.

I highly doubt any of these Tumblrexics have ever actually been restricting that severely. The only eating disorder Whitney has is maybe binge eating disorder. Seeing her inhale cake, cupcakes, and buckets of ice cream hiding in her car, no way is she restricting to any degree.

I don’t even think Whitney has a binge eating disorder. Just calling it a disorder removes some responsibility from Whitney for her eating and weight. She chooses to eat the way she does. She may find it hard to get herself to cook a healthy dinner instead or ordering a pizza (or three). She may not want to deny herself the treats she likes. If that was easy for everyone, no one would be fat. But it’s not a compulsion. It’s not out of her control. It’s not a condition or a disorder. It’s Whitney choosing not to deny herself when she wants something. 

• Love 12

This is the strangest photo Twit has ever posted. (And she must really like it since she posted it in 3 dif places in IG.)

Is she trying to look up Ryan's shorts?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Dot said:

This is the strangest photo Twit has ever posted. (And she must really like it since she posted it in 3 dif places in IG.)

WTF is that??? Is she trying to look sexy on the rock? Ryan looks like he thinks she’s nuts too. I suspect he’s regretting his decision to partner up with this shit show.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Probably the closest she'll get to a penis until she loses weight and has a personality transplant. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

WTF is that??? Is she trying to look sexy on the rock? Ryan looks like he thinks she’s nuts too. I suspect he’s regretting his decision to partner up with this shit show.

If I was that photog I would not want my name on this shit.

• Love 6
On 2/1/2019 at 9:48 PM, Dot said:

Why the rainbow flag motif?

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Someone posted that Twit looks like she's wearing a giant diaper.     Guess she missed that one.

I laughed in the beginning where she has to lift her garbage activewear back over her huge gut . Is that part of the workout 

Edited by DNR
Word
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, DNR said:

I laughed in the beginning where she has to lift her garbage activewear back over her huge gut . Is that part of the workout 

I thought that was extra funny since she specifically said her leggings stay on until she wants them to come off. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I thought that was extra funny since she specifically said her leggings stay on until she wants them to come off. 

That crap looks so flimsy and clingy.... just what I want in my active wear. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DNR said:

I saw that too.  I'm guessing her massive gut was pushing the waistband down and that's why they were slipping.  She'll probably say it's because they're "too big" on her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Someone posted that Twit looks like she's wearing a giant diaper.     Guess she missed that one.

Someone else said is this a commercial for Depends lol

• Love 8