Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: A Stomach For Blood

Breaking news....  I know you want to know whether Huck is dead or alive and something about Abby but maybe for those of you who don't do math (like news anchors)  and think that 2AM EST is before 9PM Pacific we are going to watch this breaking news and fumble literally every word we say trying to explain where this news is actually occurring.  

The local news anchors are idiots and the traffic here is going to be hell for days, weeks or months.

Someone advise whether its worth catching or just to skip, please?

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

Another episode that only offered about 10 - 20 minutes of relevant information.

While I'm glad we know how Abby got involved, it was annoying that this all started because she was annoyed with Fitz. and that she took 300 million dollars without really understanding what she was getting into. I also don't understand why she was willing to sacrifice Huck to save Cyrus - unless she had no idea Huck would be hurt. Was that clear? And she's still seeing Leo?

I'm looking forward to learning who is behind all of this. Hopefully next week since I felt as if this episode was close to my final straw. My guess is now Mellie. Or Mellie and Cyrus.

Question about the promo for next week:

Spoiler

Does anyone know what Olivia was pressing against when Quinn walks into the conference room and says "Oh my God!" I paused that moment and it looks like Olivia's hands are wet. One hand is pressed over the other and she's pressing on one of the windows they use to post their clients pictures on. I wonder if it's a picture of the real villain.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

Someone advise whether its worth catching or just to skip, please?

I...don't know? It's an explainer so that's good. I just feel like the show has made the other female characters limited in some way in order to make Olivia look better. This is not what feminism looks like, Shonda!

I just love it when Fitz lectures someone on proper behavior said no one ever.

Am I alone in thinking Abby ends up finding Leo's grandfather's watch? 

• Love 1

Am I alone in thinking Abby ends up finding Leo's grandfather's watch? 

You mean she didn't find it while fishing around inside Frankie Vargas's corpse?

I have to hand it to Scandal, just when you think they can't get any more ridiculous.

• Love 13

Not an Abby fan so this episode was long for me. It was nice that things were explained but I'm kinda bored with the ultimate bad guys theme. Who are these people and what's their end game?

I guess Huck's girlfriend was just pretending to be friends with Jennifer Fields? I couldn't tell if she was really with the bad people or if she got caught up the way Abby did. 

Even though I'm not a fan of Abby's I don't necessarily dislike her and I certainly don't think she's dumb. Maybe she was just blindsided by these people dangling a presidential campaign in front of her. 

Edited by love2lovebadtv
typo
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, slade3 said:

While I'm glad we know how Abby got involved, it was annoying that this all started because she was annoyed with Fitz. and that she took 300 million dollars without really understanding what she was getting into. I also don't understand why she was willing to sacrifice Huck to save Cyrus - unless she had no idea Huck would be hurt. Was that clear? And she's still seeing Leo?

That part confused me too. I get that she was forced into the other stuff, but it seemed like she wasn't happy about it. So why suddenly help them just for Cyrus. Yes, he's innocent, but killing Jennifer and maybe Huck seem just as bad as Cyrus being a prison. Cyrus and Huck both deserve to be in prison, but that Jennifer woman is an actual innocent, right?

Does Abby think David wouldn't have listened if she told him the woman he's dating is involved in a criminal conspiracy? I think he's seen enough to consider it. He clearly just met her recently.

This episode did explain some of Abby's behavior this season, but it doesn't make me like her again. She was an idiot to just take $300 million from people she didn't know just because they said she'd make a good politician. No one volunteers to give anyone $300 million without an ulterior motive.

• Love 6

This show just makes no sense. Lazy writing that thinks it's clever. Why get invested when everyone is evil and there's just a bad guy who is doing bad things because of another bad guy behind the scenes?

• Love 13

I like how the text at the beginning of the episode said: "Election Night AGAIN."  It looks like even Scandal's on-screen notations are sick of this season.  You could feel that text wanting to say "Oh My God.  Election Night.  AGAIN.  Sigh."

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

This episode allowed the Abby actress to make crazy eyes a lot. Aside from that these episodes are starting to feel like work to watch.

I agree.  This is the first time in forever that I didn't watch live and actually ff through the commercials and some part of the actual show.  I feel nothing for Abby and no amount of spin-doctoring will change the fact that she arranged for Jennifer to be killed and was told clearly that Huck, who was there when the murder took place, wouldn't talk.  You are in league with murderers, just arranged a murder yourself and somehow didn't know that Huck was the latest victim?

The thought that this mess has been renewed for another season is actually depressing at this point.  Unless things magically turn around, I suspect that will watch the remainder of the season, like I watched this episode.  If I return for what will hopefully be the final season, it will be because of the completionist gene in me.  I've been watching Scandal since the first episode and it saddens me to watch what this show has become.  Wish I had listened to the people who tried to warn me and others about the abyss that is a Shondaland show.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, bobbyjoe said:

I like how the text at the beginning of the episode said: "Election Night AGAIN."  It looks like even Scandal's on-screen notations are sick of this season.  You could feel that text wanting to say "Oh My God.  Election Night.  AGAIN.  Sigh."

"Election night take 200". The editors hate this season too. How many moments of election night have we seen this season by the way? I kind of want someone on these forums to take one for the team and count all election night retakes!

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

So Abby is 300 million kinds of dumb? Eureka. Nothing against Darby, exactly, maybe it's the director's doing, but the close ups while she "figured out" what to do (being a crazy strategic genius) waszzzzzzzz *cough*

I dunno. Maybe a few weeks of Cyrus and Jeff Perry's real-life daughter would be fun. This? Isn't.

And WTF? Huck?

6 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

I guess Huck's girlfriend was just pretending to be friends with Jennifer Fields? I couldn't tell if she was really with the bad people or if she got caught up the way Abby did. 

I wasn't sure what her deal was either. I just assumed she was originally an agent/spy for the villains, but I was wondering how long she had been undercover as Jennifer Fields' friend and why she was tasked to date Huck if they didn't know Jennifer was alive.

I'm unwilling to rewatch the first 8 episodes of the season, but last night I was wishing I'd kept all of them on my DVR in case something came over me and I decided to rewatch and take notes some day. Because so much of this doesn't make sense to me. And the timelines they're using are insanely confusing. These last 2 - 3 episodes I've had a hard time figuring out what's happening in present day.

This episode did explain some of Abby's behavior this season, but it doesn't make me like her again. She was an idiot to just take $300 million from people she didn't know just because they said she'd make a good politician. No one volunteers to give anyone $300 million without an ulterior motive.

Yeah, I don't really understand how Abby is quite as stupid as the show makes her seem.  I mean, random strangers show up and offer you hundreds of millions of dollars, and that doesn't give you pause?   

• Love 5
9 hours ago, reggiejax said:

I have to hand it to Scandal, just when you think they can't get any more ridiculous.

6 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Oh, fer fuck's sake - this is just too ridiculous for words.  I am reduced to barking with derision and throwing light objects in the direction of my television, so as not to harm the screen ...

It is ridiculous.   I hadn't been watching because it's less painful to read recaps than sit through an hour or whatever it is they're passing off as this show.  But  I thought I'd watch last night - maybe, just maybe, it would be a good episode.  Was I ever wrong, and I knew it as soon as the two people told Abby she could be President.  If I had thought about it before I turned it on, I would have realized Abby was coerced - predictable Scandal. And since I don't give a hoot about Huck, I would have saved my self an hour.

I'm back to just reading recaps.

54 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

Yeah, I don't really understand how Abby is quite as stupid as the show makes her seem.  I mean, random strangers show up and offer you hundreds of millions of dollars, and that doesn't give you pause?   

Especially when you're the President's Chief of Staff.....buy a vowel, Abby.

• Love 3

So Abby thought that Fitz was going to save the world once he left the White House? Does she know him? He's done nothing but drink and whore his way through eight years as President; why would he change when he's not?

Edited by Good Queen Jane
semi-colons are cool
  • Love 15

So much dumb in this episode.

One thing I really can't stand is how they've reframed Mellie as this passionate, selfless, "doing it for the people" politician.  The Mellie we knew for the first 3 seasons was ruthless, cared only about herself, and was willing to do anything to reach her goals.  Encourage an affair? Sure! Fake a miscarriage? No problem.  Have your son prematurely to get your husband's attention? Why not? All in a day's work.  

People change, but they don't change that quickly from their fundamental (lack of) character.

Scandal is getting more absurd every week.  The telling of the tale from different perspectives is an old gimmick but in this case it's an indication that the show is running on fumes.  The writing has gotten lazy and sloppy. The show has gone from smart and suspenseful to pure shock value. 

• Love 3

Just for chuckles, I googled Flyfishing in Vermont.  The various sites implied it wasn't world class or anything.  Does anyone know differently?  That's about my level of interest in the show now.

I 'm betting girlfriend from Hell has framed Huck for Jennifer's murder, hence the non lethal shots. 

I am so tired of the tv trope of "Do you know who I am?  I can make things happen, you know.  What would your supervisor say if I called him right now?"  And people roll right over even at the possible expense of their own freedom/career/life.  I presume Big Badguys have thought to shoot some poor redshirt off camera to give the implanted bullets some real impact effect, and then transferred them. 

Take the Presidential offer, Abby.  You should know by now it's a cakewalk; everyone in town is already corrupted and/or scheming behind your back anyway, and all you need is an Olivia to run interference for you. 

• Love 1

Time for LeeLeePanda's positive thoughts on Scandal (missing last week cause that was a hot mess).

1. I loved the shot of Abbie and Fitz being led from the White House to the safe space and Abbie's feet barely touching the ground. I hate Fitz, but I really liked the juxtaposition of him walking with purpose and Abbie basically being dragged/carried by the Secret Service. 

2. I loved the jogging scene. I really liked how it was shot.

3. I think Abbie was an idiot for taking the deal. Then again, I've accepted that most of the characters on this show don't have the sense they were born with. 

4. I was both grossed out and facinated by prosthetic Frankie Vargas during the autopsy scene. 

5.No Papa Pope (though I don't mind him in small doses). I think Olivia was in one scene. I guess this was shot while Kerry Washington was on maternity leave. What happened to Marcus? Dude straight up disappeared into the ether. 

6. This week didn't bore me as much as the last 2 episodes have. I'm interested in how they're going to get Cyrus out of jail, and if Mellie will actually make it into the White House. I'm sure it will be convoluted and eye roll inducing, but I'm still enjoying the ride. 

• Love 1

I think Rowan is behind the whole thing.  As always.  More's the pity.  Joe Morton continues to hurt my eardrums.

Why does ANYONE want to do ANYTHING for Olivia, again????

I actually love Abby and the actress who plays her.  I miss her and David together.

• Love 1

Oh FFS, please let Huck be dead.

Why doesn't the actress who plays Abby get that bump removed from her face?  It's so distracting, and she has the funds and access to great plastic surgeons and dermatologists.

Did we even see Mellie this episode?

That's all I've got for this unremarkable episode.

• Love 2
On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 0:41 AM, walnutqueen said:

Oh, fer fuck's sake - this is just too ridiculous for words.  I am reduced to barking with derision and throwing light objects in the direction of my television, so as not to harm the screen ...

This post was tje ONLY thimg that made this ep of Scandal worth watching.  Thx for the LOL!

On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 8:41 AM, Good Queen Jane said:

So Abby thought that Fitz was going to save the world once he left the White House?

But... really delicious jam!  

• Love 2

Even I had to laugh at Fitz walking around and talking about the awesome jam he's going to make in Vermont next to his library! And at Abby's aghast look that he doesn't want to do any sort of politics or anything anymore. From a viewers personal note, mine, the show seems to have made it a point A LOT that's Fitz kind of hates being president. And even other characters have said as much to him. I know presidents get tired at the end and want a break but I really think Fitz hates it. And i don't see him as someone who plans to write books or anything like that. I think when he says he's done being in the public eye, he's done. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, slade3 said:

I also don't understand why she was willing to sacrifice Huck to save Cyrus - unless she had no idea Huck would be hurt.  Was that clear?

It was pretty clear from next week's preview that no, she didn't know about Huck being attacked right after Jennifer was killed.  She seemed and sounded pretty frantic to know what'd happened to him, too.

4 hours ago, PumpkinPK said:

Did we even see Mellie this episode?

Not in any new footage, no.  Just in reused footage from earlier episodes.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 1
(edited)

I also don't understand why she was willing to sacrifice Huck to save Cyrus - unless she had no idea Huck would be hurt.  Was that clear?

It was pretty clear from next week's preview that no, she didn't know about Huck being attacked right after Jennifer was killed.

But that doesn't make a lick of sense. She is well aware that Meg is working Huck to find out Jennifer Fields location, and she knows that when she does find out, she will kill Jennifer. How does Abby think Meg will get access to Jennifer, if not through Huck? By which I mean someone will have to literally facilitate their meeting, and it is all but certain to be Huck, as it turned out he did. And if she is going to kill Jennifer, then even an imbecile like Abby has to know that Huck is going to get killed to. 

Oh wait, i forgot, we're talking about Scandal. Logic and sense have no place in the Scandal Extended Universe. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, reggiejax said:

But that doesn't make a lick of sense. She is well aware that Meg is working Huck to find out Jennifer Fields location, and she knows that when she does find out, she will kill Jennifer. How does Abby think Meg will get access to Jennifer, if not through Huck? By which I mean someone will have to literally facilitate their meeting, and it is all but certain to be Huck, as it turned out he did. And if she is going to kill Jennifer, then even an imbecile like Abby has to know that Huck is going to get killed to. 

Oh wait, i forgot, we're talking about Scandal. Logic and sense have no place in the Scandal Extended Universe. 

She probably didn't think Huck was stupid enough to tell Meg that Jennifer was alive, let alone stupid enough to bring Meg to see her. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Layne said:

She probably didn't think Huck was stupid enough to tell Meg that Jennifer was alive, let alone stupid enough to bring Meg to see her. 

This makes no sense.  When Abby was told that Jennifer was dead.  She specifically asked about Huck and was tod he would not be talking.  So please, she knew that Huck was a casualty and by asking what about him, it was clear to me that she was at best aware of and at worst fine with that outcome.

19 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

When Abby was told that Jennifer was dead.  She specifically asked about Huck and was tod he would not be talking

That never happened. The exchange of dialogue was: 

Abby: Is it done? 

Samantha: Jennifer Fields is dead. 

Abby: And Huck? 

Meg: Don't worry, Ms. Whelan. He'll have no idea you were part of this. 

Nobody says anything about Huck not talking. Based on Meg's response, it's clear that Abby is asking if Huck knows she's the rat, not if he's dead.  

Either way I don't see how Abby's actions affected the outcome in any way. Meg was already pushing Huck to find out what happened to Jennifer and insisting a face-to-face meeting with Olivia, before Huck even told Abby that Jennifer was alive. Once Abby told the bad guys that Jenny was alive and Huck knew where she was, Meg could have trailed Huck until he inadvertently revealed Jenny's hiding place. Abby didn't tell Liv and Huck to go tell Meg that Jenny was alive; they did that on their own. Abby didn't tell Huck to bring Meg straight to Jenny; Huck did that on his own. It's his own damn fault. 

• Love 1

The only way the whole "swap the bullets" nonsense (which was clearly just there to be "shocking", because it makes no sense) works to cover up the truth is if we genuinely believe that no-one has any video footage of the assassination. In reality, this would have been one of the most filmed events of the day/month/year and maybe (MAYBE) in the mayhem after the event it would have been 5-10 minutes before they had footage from 20 different camera angles/amateur footage playing on loop on every single tv channel and website. And you don't need to be a ballistics expert to tell the difference between someone shot in the neck/chin from close range and someone shot in the front of the head long-distance. That autopsy isn't fooling anyone.

• Love 4

So are we supposed to be feeling sympathy for Abby?  For getting in way over her head and having to do terrible things to keep loved ones from being harmed?  Because... no.  

We know Olivia is going to fix it for her, right?

18 hours ago, Haleth said:

So are we supposed to be feeling sympathy for Abby?  For getting in way over her head and having to do terrible things to keep loved ones from being harmed?  Because... no.  

We know Olivia is going to fix it for her, right?

If Olivia isn't involved - and I don't believe she is - I think we will see the rest of this season focused on her trying to fix things for Abby, Cyrus, Rowan, Jake and Huck.  Possibly David, too.

I posted on reddit that I like the idea that all of Olivia's people have been targeted by this Mystery Villain. I wish it had been handled differently and more interestingly, but the Mystery Villain either has it out for Olivia, or knew that Olivia's team needed to be neutralized before moving forward with the plot. I'm hoping the show goes in the direction of Olivia surprising the villain and being able to handle it without her usual resources.

The only people fully out of commission are Cyrus (prison) and Huck (shot or dead), so Olivia can still use Jake, Rowan, Abby and Quinn/Charlie (as long as Quinn and Charlie are okay after 6x09). She can also use David, as long as he's okay.

I'm leaning toward Mellie being the mastermind, with Leo as the handler who helped her put the plan in place and hook up with the team that is terrorizing everyone. And Charlie as the mole who can kill Olivia at any time.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, slade3 said:

I'm leaning toward Mellie being the mastermind, with Leo as the handler who helped her put the plan in place and hook up with the team that is terrorizing everyone. And Charlie as the mole who can kill Olivia at any time.

I agree about Charlie, especially since Quinn is so positive that it could not be him. The rest makes about as much sense as anything else so sure, why not?

2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

David is the World's Biggest Schmoe. And does Cyrus' really have that much pull on the show to get his AWFUL daughter a role?  Because she is awful.  really bad.

His current wife, Linda Lowey (not Laurie Metcalf, who is Zoe Perry's mother) is the show's casting director. 

Just watched this episode now and I'm almost done with this show.

We watch the same scene constantly and it's barely changed.

Also I don't even know the characters name but the actress playing the evil lady is the worst. The way she speaks is just so annoying I can barely listen to it.

I hate Abby. Always have.