Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Offensive Interference

• Start Topic

I know this is a very minor point of the episode, but why would Dylan, who hates fun, have Rock Em Sock Em Robots? Also, someone with better photoshopping skills than me (so like anyone) should photoshop Brandon's face into this picture:

BaMEZ8YIMAADD28.jpg

• Love 3

Is the Rose Court "lucky dress" tradition a real thing or just something made up so that wardrobe didn't have to come up with a change of clothes for 20 extras? I'm curious! Also just now realizing I wore something very similar to Angry Mumsy Extra #3's blush pants situation to my high school graduation, only in white.

• Love 1

Wow, I had forgotten how boring this section of season 6 was.  Once again, wake me up when Kelly starts doing cocaine (and btw - I took a look at an episode guide to see when that is and Colin's cocaine use comes out IN THE CHRISTMAS EPISODE!  Tee hee!).

Also, a nitpick.  Susan's going to NY for Thanksgiving?  Don't we see her and Brandon go visit her parents somewhere in California later in the season?  And why would someone from NY go to a state school in California?  It's not like CU is some amazing institute of higher learning given Steve and Donna are also matriculating.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Do you think Tori Spelling HATED TAT for having an exponentially better boob job than her, when TAT has no where near the financial backing that Spelling did?

Yes.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, mskyle said:

Also just now realizing I wore something very similar to Angry Mumsy Extra #3's blush pants situation to my high school graduation, only in white.

Yes! I badly wanted the shorts version of that outfit in white from Joyce Leslie. I ended up going with a more conservative pale blue skirt suit sans jacket.

Edited by MCMLXXVII

What the HELL is up with Kelly's clap?  Did she have some kind of disorder at that moment?

Val really is out of everyone's league on this show.

From the recap...

Keepin' it klassy by fuckin' in the widower's abandoned house.

That's Brandon, the same guy who had his arm draped around the pew during the funeral for Dylan's father.

LOL on that last cap btw.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lisin said:

This is completely unrelated but I've just started watching Supernatural Season 7 and Joe is in it and is now a silver fox and it's making me feel so old! 

Wait, who was he in Supernatural? I think I watched season 7 in about a day and a half shortly after it aired, so I don't remember individual episodes that well.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sinnerforhire said:

Wait, who was he in Supernatural? I think I watched season 7 in about a day and a half shortly after it aired, so I don't remember individual episodes that well.

He's the surgeon in Season 7 Episode 2 and 

Spoiler

gets turned into a Leviathan 

so maybe he stays around for more episodes? It freaked me out because I was like "that guy looks familiar" and I looked him up and OMG it's Joe! 

And goodbye Dylan's house -which include ugly sheets, futon, and curtains- because We Never Saw It Again. When Perry comes back Dylan lives in a hotel. It does seem sad that it's last scene is Brandon and Susan boning on the table.

• Love 3

And goodbye Dylan's house -which include ugly sheets, futon, and curtains- because We Never Saw It Again. When Perry comes back Dylan lives in a hotel. It does seem sad that it's last scene is Brandon and Susan boning on the table.

Dang, I never realised this! I got used to ye ol' Craftsman. The Brenda years, The Giant Pants of Redemption, Downward!Dylan!Spiral!, etc. I'm going to miss it! Also, I don't remember much about the later seasons, but I do remember that I HATED Dylan when he came back. It's awful what they did to his character over time, because he started out great. I guess Luke's shame of having to come back to TV showed in his portrayal of Later!Seasons!Dylan or something.

Kelly can put as much eye make up on as she wants and wear as many cropped tops as she likes, Val will always be hotter. Again, Jennie is perfectly attractive, but she has Zero sex appeal and the baby voice coming out of the CatButtMouth doesn't help. Also to a lesser extent re: Susan. I hate how they make her act like some ugly ducking next to her. GMAFB.

On 3/17/2017 at 4:02 PM, nkotb said:
On 3/17/2017 at 3:51 PM, Uncle JUICE said:

Do you think Tori Spelling HATED TAT for having an exponentially better boob job than her, when TAT has no where near the financial backing that Spelling did?

Yes.

*Dying*

I seriously wonder who the hell Tori's plastic surgeon was. Was it his/her first surgery? I mean, she got the boob/nose jobs fairly young (pre-show? right when it started?) what happened? Did she go behind her parents' back and have to use her babysitting money, what? I just don't understand it  - Spelling c. 80s/90s was loaded. I think the only way Tori struts around like she does without going insane with jealousy is because she's a full-blown narcissist and therefore deeply deluded.

• Love 1

This is completely unrelated but I've just started watching Supernatural Season 7 and Joe is in it and is now a silver fox and it's making me feel so old! 

From the picture, he looks exactly the same, but with gray hair.  He must have some good genes. 

Also to a lesser extent re: Susan. I hate how they make her act like some ugly ducking next to her. GMAFB.

Do you think JG had a clause in her contract that required the writers to have other characters discuss Kelly's beauty and feel inferior to her?  I think Tracy has the same feeling of inferiority to Kelly that Susan does. 

Edited by txhorns79

It might be more that JG was the writers'/creators' pet. When Kristin Kreuk was on Smallville, all the characters were constantly telling us how pretty and special her character was, and it was disgustingly obvious how badly Millar & Gough wanted to bone her. The Bev Niner writers were mostly middle-aged white men, so I'm thinking they just all had hard-ons for JG.

• Love 2

It might be more that JG was the writers'/creators' pet. When Kristin Kreuk was on Smallville, all the characters were constantly telling us how pretty and special her character was, and it was disgustingly obvious how badly Millar & Gough wanted to bone her. The Bev Niner writers were mostly middle-aged white men, so I'm thinking they just all had hard-ons for JG.

I should clarify and say I meant my original comment as more of a joke.  I don't think anyone on the show had any type of clause requiring other characters to remark on their character's beauty.  It would just be an amusing explanation for why you have these moments where it seems like Kelly is getting a lot of praise for no real reason.   

• Love 1
5 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I should clarify and say I meant my original comment as more of a joke.  I don't think anyone on the show had any type of clause requiring other characters to remark on their character's beauty.  It would just be an amusing explanation for why you have these moments where it seems like Kelly is getting a lot of praise for no real reason.   

I feel the same exact way . Every character on the show went on about Kelly's beauty .I do think she looked really good in certain episodes and then the next batch of episodes I found her average looking but never did I understand why every person on the show was in love with her including girls ( Allison, etc . ) falling at her feet . even Donna was always called beautiful and was asked to model in Paris and got the hottest boyfriends . But Jennie is a goddess next to her . 

Val and Gina blew them both out of the water , yet still the guys always wanted good ole Kel and Donna 

• Love 3

Kelly has always been presented as one of the most beautiful women, even from the start of the show. People are only noticing and reacting to it now because Kelly has become a much more unlikable character.

Kelly has always been presented as one of the most beautiful women, even from the start of the show. People are only noticing and reacting to it now because Kelly has become a much more unlikable character.

I would say it's more because it was a focal point of a fifth season storyline, and unlike with the teen angst storylines from high school, you have characters that are nominally more grown up and in their 20s still talking about how inferior they feel when in the presence of Kelly's beauty.  You are right that it probably  doesn't help that Kelly's personality can be ugly. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, AndySmith said:

While I think that's true, I think, at least in the early seasons, Brenda's beauty was always touted as much as Kelly's. Offhand, I can remember the fashion show episode where Kelly's mom remarked that Brenda & Kelly together were dangerous. And clearly not every guy (at least in the beginning) fell instantly for Kelly - You had Dylan choose Brenda (at least at first), Brandon turn her down and of course she couldn't turn Gay!Kyle! out (in later seasons, who knows what would have happened? Her VaJayJay was that powerful after Brenda left). I think after ShanDo departed, Kelly's rise as the "lead character/great beauty" was assured and it was probably more of an implied thing that the writers would make sure she always got the edit. The Donna thing? Totes Nepotism. LOL!

Also forgot to add, um, Felice - yep you ARE a freakin' hypocrite. Just own it, bitch. If I were Donna, instead of simpering about the "best lessons" (*GAG*), I would've headed to the drugstore to load up on condoms and never looked back. I mean, I do love the Felice character in all her hypocritical goodness but I thought Donna letting her off the hook so easily was such a missed opportunity. I can't help but think that a 20 year old virgin who stayed a virgin more or less out of guilt over "doing it" over her parents' wishes would have been a lot angrier about Felice's revelation. But has been noted time and again, Donna is simple.

• Love 2
On 3/17/2017 at 10:17 PM, penguinnj said:

We're inching ever closer to the Rainbow Windsock Cottage Years. I hate the cottage SO MUCH.  

23 hours ago, Klaw said:

It's awful what they did to his character over time, because he started out great. I guess Luke's shame of having to come back to TV showed in his portrayal of Later!Seasons!Dylan or something.

Season 9 Dylan is SUCH AN ASS. When Noah looks good next to you you're doing it wrong, dude. 

• Love 2

That's true you're right . When Brenda was on the show , she almost put Kelly to shame with the amount of guys who was in love with her at  first sight . I know it's all subjective , but physically I never found Brenda to be a beauty and never understood all the guys wanting her . Kelly was eye rollingly praised throughout the series but I can see her being more desired than Brenda . But Donna being called beautiful time and time again .. just no 

• Love 2

I think later on, Kelly's beauty is supposed to be her "great curse".  Remember, she always wants to be seen as more than pretty and people don't take her seriously because of it, yada yada yada. But we can't for one second not think that everyone thinks Kelly is hot and that she'd be their first choice (except for David, now)

• Love 1
On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Klaw said:

Kelly can put as much eye make up on as she wants and wear as many cropped tops as she likes, Val will always be hotter. Again, Jennie is perfectly attractive, but she has Zero sex appeal and the baby voice coming out of the CatButtMouth doesn't help. Also to a lesser extent re: Susan. I hate how they make her act like some ugly ducking next to her. GMAFB.

*Dying*

I seriously wonder who the hell Tori's plastic surgeon was. Was it his/her first surgery? I mean, she got the boob/nose jobs fairly young (pre-show? right when it started?) what happened? Did she go behind her parents' back and have to use her babysitting money, what? I just don't understand it  - Spelling c. 80s/90s was loaded. I think the only way Tori struts around like she does without going insane with jealousy is because she's a full-blown narcissist and therefore deeply deluded.

Maybe because she got her surgeries when she was still basically a kid, everything shifted significantly as she/her body continued to grow.  Cause I really don't understand how someone with her money/resources ended up with surgeries that looked like they were done in an alley.

• Love 1

Of course manufactured drama with Val and David cause stuff. Condor stuff was boring, and I can buy Brandon being a little depressed. His friend left after his wife got murdered and Brandon saw the body, so I don't know. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

Of course manufactured drama with Val and David cause stuff. Condor stuff was boring, and I can buy Brandon being a little depressed. His friend left after his wife got murdered and Brandon saw the body, so I don't know. 

That's fair about Brandon although something tells me the writers weren't even thinking Brandon could have been affected by seeing Antonia's body.

On 3/20/2017 at 8:42 AM, CurlyATX said:

I think later on, Kelly's beauty is supposed to be her "great curse".  Remember, she always wants to be seen as more than pretty and people don't take her seriously because of it, yada yada yada. But we can't for one second not think that everyone thinks Kelly is hot and that she'd be their first choice (except for David, now)

Ah yes, poor poor Kelly and nobody taking her seriously because of her "beauty." Uh, Kel? Maybe people don't take you seriously because you say shit like you've taken four semesters of abnormal psych when you're only halfway into your sophomore year of college, therefore making it impossible to have completed four semesters. Unless you took a quick summer sesh in between going on vaca with the Walshes.

RME.

Also her whining about being labeled as easy to Val of all people? Yes, please feel sorry for me, but by the way, guys, Val's a whore. 

Shut. Up, Kelly. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

I mean the fake tan adds to the worseness. She kind of looks like an Oompa Loompa

She gets increasingly tan and Oompa-like as this season goes on, with the season finale and opening of next season particularly orange.  It's really, really unnatural looking.

15 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Maybe because she got her surgeries when she was still basically a kid, everything shifted significantly as she/her body continued to grow.  Cause I really don't understand how someone with her money/resources ended up with surgeries that looked like they were done in an alley.

I think also she had a bad experience or something, because on one of her True Tori whatever they were called shows (and yes, I watched them all) she goes to the doctor about them and he's basically like "these are terrible, leaky, hard and too old and they're probably making you super sick you have to get them removed" and she freaks the fuck out to Dean about not wanting another surgery and how scared of surgery she is... but apparently at least a few years ago she still had those same implants in. Which is not healthy right? Like I'm pretty sure you are supposed to change them out every 10 years? 

• Love 2

I always thought Tori had her boob job around season 4/5 because all of a sudden they were just really noticeable. There's an episode where her and Griffin I think go to the beach and they are just right there in our face. In the early episodes I don't remember the cavern being as noticeable as it was later. (I've been watching season 8 recently and oh my gosh, does it look awful.) I wonder if she had them done early on and then did it again later? Not sure how that works. Or maybe it just depends on what she's wearing. 

• Love 2

It's weird because after season 4 when Donna and David break up, she has this melt down and even says "should I get a boob job"? Then, the next year she goes ultra sexy.  Yes, she had the butt cheek action and skanky prom outfit, but in general she wasn't nearly as bad on a consistent basis.

And Val's boobs are amazing.  I am pretty straight but I could stare at that outfit (or that leather one she bought with Dylan's money) for days.

• Love 2