Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: James K's Story

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

James K. used pidgin English when describing Chinese food.  Such mocking behavior of a presumed accent is racist.  Please do not perpetuate his use of that language. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, operalover said:

They don't have to get him to Texas to save his life.....all they have to do is quit feeding him 20,000 calories worth of garbage every day..that might save his live. "I have two choices: get to Texas or else lay here and die" NO YOU HAVE A THIRD CHOICE! Put him on a diet and leave the house.

you took the words right out of my thought bubble!

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, rlc said:

Maybe the daughter is trapped in one of his folds. That would explain her absence and the weight gain!

I wondered what happened to her.  I thought maybe she went back to KY and they didn't mention it, then she shows up again at the end.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

James:  "I'm going to add more weight exercises and prove I can lose weight!"

Lisa:  "You wanna do some weights nows?"

James:  "Naw, I don't feel like it right now."

hee.

Bwaaaaaaahhhh, I'll see your hee and raise you a tee hee CouchTater!!!

I shook my head and laughed when that conversation happened.

*****Now I need to add more drawers to that sink full of gasoline*****

If you read my previous post on page 3 of this discussion, that actually makes sense!

Edited by DC Gal in VA
For clarifications.
  • Love 10

I liked the first James and his incredible weight loss, even if Summer didn't marry him.  At least he had a college degree, a real job and a nice piece of property despite his horrible mother, who cooked his dad and his sister to death. 

This James can go rot in hell or something worse. Taking the daughter out of school is as bad as what happened to the 14 year old boy who was left behind to tend for his horrible mother.  No teen should endlessly be exposed to their father's or mother's genitals.  It is wrong is so many ways.

I will never care about this guy.  STFU, already. 

• Love 18

I laughed when they said he was going to Texas by ambulance. As a person who has unfortunately ridden in one a few times, I can attest he had a very bumpy ride for 15 hours.  Serves him right except for the poor EMT's that had to listen to him whine.  Maybe they were able to give him a sedative so he slept most of the way.  And my heart goes to the EMT's  that had to change his poop pad.  Oh the smell.......I'm hoping they were flooring it with sirens going (with the windows open) just to get their quicker.  No wonder they drove thru the night.

• Love 13

Sounds like I am lucky I missed the first 30 minutes.

The only thing I have to add is that Dr. Now looked pretty rough in his first scene with that worthless baby-blob.   

Maybe he is trying out a new wind blown look?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Awfarmington said:

This is how horrible I am. But my first thought was when his GF was letting him cheat, maybe she is tired of taking care of a big man baby and hastening the 'process' to you know what ?

This is exactly what I was thinking, too, Awfarmington

1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

For fuck's sake, learn the words "THANK YOU", you sorry jack ass.

Yeah, this pissed me off big-time.  Never ONCE did I hear him thank any of the EMTs.  Unfuckingbelievable.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, operalover said:

Then he says "if Dr. Na can't help me then I'm gonna hit rock bottom" Dude I think you hit rock bottom 200 pounds ago when cauliflower started growing on your legs and you starting shitting in bed and having your girlfriend dump it....

Operalover - you are scream...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

They can't afford to get the car fixed, but they just bought about $40 worth of Chinese food. They're eating out constantly, and he's acting like a little kid at Christmas over the thought of his dessert. But he can't go see Dr. Now because he can't afford a taxi.

I'll take "Sh*t That Makes No Damn Sense" for $2000, Alex.

OMG you guys are cracking me up!!!!  LOL!   I vote this in the top 5 best comments on this forum.  Thanks, Mrsroperscaftan!

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, IOU Payne said:

If I were Lisa, I'd get the high school football team (from the school Bayley should have been going to instead of dropping out to take care of that ungrateful fucker), wheel the aforementioned ungrateful fucker to the side of the road and leave him there on Big Garbage Pickup Day.   Then, I'd check into a spa, get a massage, mani and pedi and hairdo.  That's a Gofundme that I would contribute to!

Me too!!!!! 

• Love 1

What's up with this season?  Why are there so many utter losers?  There's been like ONE participant who I didn't hate (I forget her name, but she was the one living with her niece).

But this is new.  I've seen every episode, and this is the first time I've seen a participant who was dropped from the program without getting weight loss surgery.

Dr. Now really let him have it at that first admission (and the other ones).  But I've never seen him this angry at the first visit.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Awfarmington said:

Or just wait till he's in the hospital again. Step out of the room to 'get some fresh air'. Drive back to Kentucky...easy peasy. 

OMG - almost coughed up a lung was laughing so hard at this one. 

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, GussieK said:

He weighed 843 later. I still think he must have weighed more than 735 at the beginning. 

I guessed he had to be pushing 1000 just from his sheer size.

1 hour ago, Ivylady said:

I'm trying to figure out how ordering food is cheaper than getting a cab/Uber/Lyft each way to the grocery store once a week. No matter how you do it, the math doesn't work. 

I'm on a budget right now because of financial reasons, and the first thing we cut is takeout. I miss it, and I'm tired of eating my own cooking, but the math doesn't work out.

Me too.  I think my monthly grocery bills come out to probably about the cost of 32 take out meals.  Since I eat 90-93 meals a month, that's a pretty good savings.

Suddenly I want to watch Penny's episode again just to see someone who's more successful and less awful.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Explain to me why I'm supposed to feel at all sympathetic for this waste of skin and air? I feel sorry for the girlfriend (who is so emotionally beat down that she's not capable of standing up to him) and the daughter who in her darkest moments probably prays for this to be over so her life isn't totally destroyed.

They explained that she came from an abusive relationship before meeting James... Poor woman just fell into a new abusive relationship :(

• Love 10

Why were James' legs so far apart, like an inflatable dinner turkey? What I would have given to see those firemen or EMTs, "on the count of three, now," shove his legs together in an instant. I would have delighted in the scream!

And those double-negatives. Where's Dr. Kervorkian when you need him?
Oh, and ladies of a certain socio-economic level: unnatural splotches of coloring in one's hair decreases one's credibility.

• Love 9

The house was disgusting.  The carpet was full of large stains and big crumbs and wrappers.  Flies were buzzing around his sheets.  Even on TV I could see everything coated in fuzzy dust.  If these people had more money, they'd be living in a hoard.  Whatever possessions they had were spread around and piled up like so much garbage on a curb.

When I saw James' dad vomiting I was pretty sure the cause was the stench and the filth.  Imagine my shock to find out he actually had a stroke.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Michael Stabosz said:

What's up with this season?  Why are there so many utter losers?  There's been like ONE participant who I didn't hate (I forget her name, but she was the one living with her niece).

But this is new.  I've seen every episode, and this is the first time I've seen a participant who was dropped from the program without getting weight loss surgery.

Dr. Now really let him have it at that first admission (and the other ones).  But I've never seen him this angry at the first visit.

The twins (Brandi and Kandi) and Diane will hopefully have happy endings.  I'm wondering if we are seeing the norms now, rather than the exceptions.  Or, Dr. Nowzardin is being seen as an option never thought of before.  It looks like there is one more new episode.  I'm not sure if I will be interested in these lost hope cases much longer.  

• Love 9