Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Bury Me Here

halgia
  • Start Topic

These people are definitely to stupid to live.  Once again, an innocent person pays for someone else's stupidity.  Richard didn't get Carol killed, he got Ben killed.

You never give up your guns.  Rule number one in the ZA, or anywhere else.  If you are dealing with a dangerous group or person, you do not give up your guns.

So now Carol and Morgan are ready to fight?

No Sasha or Rosita in the episode.  This season has been one long Glen under the dumpster jerk around.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 9

Welp.

Richard got his wish, Benjamin and Morgan's sanity was   collateral damage.

1 minute ago, mightysparrow said:

Best episode in YEARS!

I'll be willing to bet Rat-face might switch sides.  First of all, he's really upset that Benjamin died.  Second, he doesn't want to go up against Morgan.

Garth wanted to kill Dirty Hippie Savior.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Welp.

Richard got his wish, Benjamin and Morgan's sanity was   collateral damage.

Garth wanted to kill Dirty Hippie Savior.

Proof that he's not a COMPLETE asshole.  Rat-face not only realizes that he's hanging with the wrong people, he's also realized that Morgan is way scarier than Negan could ever dream of being.

• Love 21

I did enjoy the looks of horror, and damn I don't want to piss this guy off looks, from the Saviors and Kingdom people.

They have no idea what Carol is capable of either.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Best episode in YEARS!

I'll be willing to bet Rat-face might switch sides.  First of all, he's really upset that Benjamin died.  Second, he doesn't want to go up against Morgan.

He's a prime example of a middle management suck up. 

Long haired asshole needs to die by way of Jerry's double headed ax. 

• Love 17
Just now, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

If they can get 'Killing Machine' Rick, 'Focused' Michonne, 'Feels Nothing' Carol, 'Crazy' Morgan, and 'Angrily Greased' Daryl teamed up together, then this war's already won for CDB.

Negan has a better chance in a walker pit with a dead horse tied around his neck. Carl warned him he should have killed them when he had the chance. 

• Love 14

Negan is used to terrorizing people who have something to lose.  Morgan (and Carol) doesn't have anything to lose.  Morgan has lost everything that means anything to him.  Now it seems like he's lost his sanity, which he fought so hard for.  Negan doesn't know what he's in for.

• Love 15

So, Morgan is willing to kill only when an event personally impacts him? He wasn't in any of the Gov's zombie fights, didn't nearly end up on Gareth's dinner table, didn't enter into indentured servitude at Grady and wasn't kneeling and watching Negan beat Glenn and Abe into hamburger. It was easy for him to be sanctimonious and look down his nose at anyone who killed for any reason. Wasn't Richard's life precious? Oh, but Morgan killed for good reason, unlike everyone else. *Drum roll* Stick has returned.

• Love 13
Just now, TigerLynx said:

I can't decide if I want Maggie, Carl, Carol or Michonne to kill Negan.

I want a pet Tiger as tame and well behaved as the one King Zeke has.

I want a dog as tame and well behaved...

• Love 20
1 minute ago, TigerLynx said:

Maggie.  She still has the biggest beef with Negan even thought she's apparently disappeared.

• Love 15

TSSST.  tm Caesar Milan. 

Dead!  I would give you a million likes  for your post bosawks.

Sadly, I am limited to one singular heart.

Edited by dosodog
lost all sense of grammar due to laughter
  • Love 5

This episode was great. I was completely riveted, which I haven't been for awhile. Last week, I actually multi-tasked, which was a first for the show. Thanks for winning me back. I knew Benjamin was a goner as soon as "the girl" was mentioned, but it didn't lessen the impact. Morgan losing it and then choking Richard. Yup, Negan has NO idea what hell he hath unleashed in Carol and Morgan. I can't wait.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Maggie.  She still has the biggest beef with Negan even thought she's apparently disappeared.

Yeah -- wasn't Glenn's death supposed to drive Maggie's story forward? Isn't that what TPTB said at one point? "Drive" is apparently the wrong word.   Maybe next season.

Kind of hoping to get a little more out of Jesus next week than just a ninja. Can Jesus make Rosita a real character?

Edited by EllenC
left out a word, oops
  • Love 10

30 minutes in to the episode.  Shiva's gonna have to kill someone soon.  And Kingdom Come, or whatever you're calling yourselves these days, when you aim a gun at anything, including a greasy fuckin' Savior, you'd better be prepared to pull the trigger and KILL, KILL, KILL.

Edited by walnutqueen
spelling, of course
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

So, Morgan is willing to kill only when an event personally impacts him? He wasn't in any of the Gov's zombie fights, didn't nearly end up on Gareth's dinner table, didn't enter into indentured servitude at Grady and wasn't kneeling and watching Negan beat Glenn and Abe into hamburger. It was easy for him to be sanctimonious and look down his nose at anyone who killed for any reason. Wasn't Richard's life precious? Oh, but Morgan killed for good reason, unlike everyone else. *Drum roll* Stick has returned.

Morgan wasn't totally passive  He fought when he needed to.  And when it came down to the wire, he was willing to kill if there was no other choice.

But Morgan had literally lost his mind and he was terrified to go back to that.  Morgan feels such an obligation to his mentor and wanted to follow his teaching.  Lennie James just said on TD, 'we've learned how to survive, now how do we LIVE?' and I think that's what Morgan wants. 

I disagree that Morgan was sanctimonious.  He never imposed his choice on others but he didn't want others to impose their choices on him either.  I think Morgan is one of the most 'live and let live' characters on the show.

• Love 24

I was just thinking prior to tonight's episode that it wasn't that long ago that Morgan was cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. When he's on a path to clear, no one want to be in his way.

RIP Rent-a-Center Russell Crowe and "Knight's Tale" era Heath Ledger.

I hope the Molotov cocktails play a big part in the destruction of the Saviors.

Can Jesus make Rosita a real character?

To make this happen, I will say Hail Mary's until Steve Gutenberg wins an Oscar.

Edited by mmecorday
replying to question
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

No reason why it can't be everyone.

I'm on board with everyone getting at least one swing with the bat up against Negan's head.

I really need for long haired Savior that killed Ben, and Negan Junior that always talks smack at Alexandria to die to.

Along with Carl telling Negan he should have killed him when he had the chance, I need Carol to tell Negan, "We've never met.  I've killed a lot of your people, and I took out Terminus, but I'm going to really enjoy killing you."

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

I was just thinking prior to tonight's episode that it wasn't that long ago that Morgan was cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. When he's on a path to clear, no one want to be in his way.

RIP Rent-a-Center Russell Crowe and "Knight's Tale" era Heath Ledger.

I hope the Molotov cocktails play a big part in the destruction of the Saviors.

I definitely got a 'Heath Ledger' vibe from Benjamin which made him an even more poignant character for me because I still miss Heath.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

12 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

No reason why it can't be everyone.

3 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I'm on board with everyone getting at least one swing with the bat up against Negan's head.

String him up like a piñata and let everyone have a turn at him with Lucille until his guts spill out like the delicious candy we all want.

He should be upside down and alive long enough for him to be Walker Chow.

I really adored Glen.....

• Love 18
32 minutes ago, MichaelaRae said:

I'm betting the war starts in the season finale and, much like last season's Lucille finale, we will have absolutely no resolution at the end of the episode.

Either that, or there will be so many groups involved that, say, Daryl and Dwight will lead a rebellion against Negan, and then the second the new government is established, it will be overthrown by Girl Island. And then, right after that still leads to yet another reasonable alternative, it will be overthrown by Rick and the GPK. And burnt to the ground. And over-run by zombies. At which point Carol will show up and rescue everyone whose name is in the opening credits.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I want a dog as tame and well behaved...

And I want an imaginary pet tiger and a man with Ezekiel's semi-grey dreads; right after Carol becomes my BFF, and Daryl parks his greasy bike in my driveway.

We all have a dream ...

• Love 18

Yeesh this show. Even the passable episodes are groaning under the weight of accumulated garbage. This has easily been the worst half season in the show's history, which is quite an accomplishment after the most recent half-season and the hospital debacle, to say nothing of the S2 tedium at Herschel's Farm.

GOOD

• The writers finally found a way to return Carol and Morgan to the land of Characters Actually Doing Something. Morgan snapping when a replacement son dies makes sense for him (although that relationship was only very vaguely sketched in). Carol finding out about Alexandria and becoming motivated works for her, although her departure never really made any sense to begin with, so it's less an arc closing and more the writers continuing to waffle around with her character. That said, this is the good section, so I digress.
  • Khary Payton continues to deliver in his scenes as Ezekiel. He's got a good stage voice.
  • This is actually a surprisingly satisfactory ending to the Richard arc, both in terms of sketching in motivations (he felt his wife and daughter died due to inaction) and in terms of his death having the catalytic effect he would have wanted it to...even if the circumstances surrounding it aren't how he would have chosen it. Good shade of grey supporting character and one of the few capably handled by the show in recent seasons.
  • There was no risible CGI to scoff at, and this episode did not subject us to either the junkyard people OR the fishing village. Hurrah!
  • Morgan's choice to engage Richard's plan by killing him was some nice outside the box thinking.

BAD

• Both the dialogue on the porch with the woman quoting floraly about the garden, and the dialogue during the first melon delivery (the pregnant pause before the "no" and "quite the opposite") was terrible. Leaden, overwritten, not how people actually talk. This isn't an area where I'd normally fault the show over much so it sort of stood out.
  • The death of the Impossibly Earnest Boy Who Was Clearly Marked For Death From The Beginning finally happened, and it was just as ridiculously and clumsily foreshadowed as one might expect. That's the kind of ham handed scripting I expect from high school drama students. 
  • Why did the entourage from The Kingdom just stand and stare impotently while Morgan choked Richard to death? Everyone on both sides seemed equally surprised. The Saviors weren't baying for blood or demanding they stand down. Why would no one interfere? That whole sequence was puzzling.
  • Lennie James having a flash cut freakout was probably not the most elegant way to portray Morgan's grief over the death of Benjamin. If they'd done a better job establishing that relationship to begin with, no freakout or signposting would have been necessary at all, the audience simply could have intuited his grief and anger. This is something plaguing the show a lot in latter seasons, this...plonkiness in terms of plotting and characterization. It's terribly heavy handed and amateurish.
  • I feel like it would've been pretty easy to just drive right through those shopping carts. Probably smart, too, given it had the hallmarks of an ambush.
  • That ending shot with the cornball "uplifting" music and the happy gardening was a ludicrous tonal departure. It's the 2nd or 3rd this the show has been guilty of this during this half season, so it seems evident they're trying to battle the ratings loss from last half season's grim-a-thon with a bunch of force-fed dippy enthusiasm. Early seasons of Walking Dead were grim and relentless. They didn't need to be counter balanced with tinkly music and corny upbeat dialogue. How about writing a better show. That's good for ratings!
  • I find it hard to imagine Carol would choose to go to the Kingdom and not Alexandria upon discovering what happened to her friends. That's the natural course of action after hearing about a tragedy...to find the people you care about and give/receive comfort. Alas, she goes to the Kingdom because the show needs to keep the cast split up for budgetary reasons. 
  • That one super antagonistic Savior still being there after being the focal point of all problems several deliveries in a row puts a lot of strain on the whole "reasonable bad guy" angle. It just makes them look inept. Leave him at home! He's a troublemaker!
  • Love 12

Best episode of the season.  And I say this as a rabid Richonner.  The hero of this episode, IMO?  Richard.  Everyone finally woke the hell up.  All of them:

• Zeke - he sees that they are surfing the knife's edge.  Any small movement, from either side can kick something off and get people killed.  It had to be the kid who died. 
  • Carol - you can't run from what is.  Either die or live, you can't be a ghost.  She couldn't bear to see anymore of her friends die, but they die whether she's looking or not.  Time to do what you can to keep more from dying.
  • Morgan - well Richard really proved to be Morgan's mirror, did he not.  His own inaction lost him his family.  Was his crazy any worse than Morgan's, I think not.  He tried, I do not blame him.  The same grief that made Morgan a pacifist made him want a do-over in which he proved to be of value.  I felt for his desperation.

The rat-faced leader of the group is an interesting character.  I'll come back to him... The problem I have with this Negan storyline is the one-noteness of it.  I don't buy for one second that a couple hundred of armed men are so afraid of a dude with a tricked out bat and diarrhea of the mouth.  They need to show WHY people follow this idiot.  But my biggest problem with it is that it is not in our nature to be slaves.  Negan is collecting slaves and they need to call it such.  And THAT is what I read in rat-face's expression.  Not a fear of Morgan or a like for the kid, but an understanding that there is only so far you can push people before they tire and push back.  Before they set aside their fear and choose grave over slave.  The kid was clearly beloved.  Killing him, like the Outpost Operation, didn't end something, it started something.  It's why he kept driving home the point of "don't start none, won't be none."  Most of Negan's boys are not that smart.

Final note, what does it say about me that Zeke looked hella sexy pointing that gun?  This show has messed me up big time!

• Love 20